Subject: FVWM: Style xxx Icon xxx.xpm does not work

From: "Steffl, Erik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:54:39 -0600

hi, guys,

  The following command in config file:

Style "aterm"		HandleWidth 2, Icon xterm-sun.xpm

  does not seem to work, the HandleWidth works but the aterm does not have
any icon when iconified. fvwm2 does not complain (no output to standdard
output) about the config file. Is there anything else I have to do? any
other ideas what's wrong?

  I have Xpm and it seems to be working (the title buttons are xpm),
programs that provide their own icons have icons (vim, netscape, ...) but
all other programs do not have icons (well, that's because no icons were
specified in config, so far)

  just in case: I use solaris, fvwm 2.2.2, exceed X server on win nt.

  TIA

	erik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 15:06:49 -0500

> other ideas what's wrong?

Use FvwmIdentify to verify that "aterm" matches the "Name", "Class",
or "Resource" as shown in "FvwmIdentify".  Watch out for things
added on to the name, "aterm 1.1" would not match.

Look for a line like this:

Style "*" NoIcon

(You don't want one.)

You might try:

Style "*" Icon xterm-sun.xpm

just to make sure you can display the icon.

Make sure your IconPath is set correctly.

>   just in case: I use solaris, fvwm 2.2.2, exceed X server on win nt.

I've run this way, it will work.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].