Subject: FVWM: Button style depending on "MWMDecorShade"

From: Alexandru Harsanyi <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Dec 1999 09:16:51 +0200

Hi, 

I'm trying to configure a button in the tittle bar to show pressed
when the window is shaded. Unfortunately it does not work. I tried the
same for the maximized state "MWMDecorMaximize" and it works. Here's
my dcoration:

AddToDecor decor2
 + ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon 

#### although its not explicitedly configured, this button shows up
#### pressed when the window is maximized. why? 

 + ButtonStyle 2 Clear
 + ButtonStyle 2 ActiveUp 13 26x29@1 34x21@1 50x35@1 70x21@1 79x29@1 \
     63x48@0 79x65@1 70x75@0 50x61@0 34x75@0 26x65@0 44x48@1 26x29@0
 + ButtonStyle 2 Inactive 13 26x29@1 34x21@1 50x35@1 70x21@1 79x29@1 \
     63x48@0 79x65@1 70x75@0 50x61@0 34x75@0 26x65@0 44x48@1 26x29@0
 + ButtonStyle 2 ActiveDown 13 26x29@0 34x21@0 50x35@0 70x21@0 \
     79x29@0 63x48@1 79x65@0 70x75@1 50x61@1 34x75@1 26x65@1 \
     44x48@0 26x29@1

##### this one works

 + ButtonStyle 4 Clear
 + ButtonStyle 4 ActiveUp   5 25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 75x25@0 25x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 4 Inactive   5 25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 75x25@0 25x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 4 ActiveDown 5 25x25@0 25x75@0 75x75@1 75x25@1 25x25@0
 + ButtonStyle 4 - MWMDecorMaximize
 + ButtonStyle 4 ToggledActiveUp Vector 5 25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 \
     75x25@0 25x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 4 ToggledActiveDown Vector 5 25x25@1 25x75@0 75x75@1 \
     75x25@1 25x25@0

#### This one doesn't

 + ButtonStyle 6 Clear
 + ButtonStyle 6 ActiveUp   16 60x40@1 60x80@0 15x80@0 15x40@1 \
      60x40@1 40x40@1 40x25@1 75x25@1 75x60@0 60x60@0 75x60@0 \
      75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1 60x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 6 Inactive   16 60x40@1 60x80@0 15x80@0 15x40@1 \
      60x40@1 40x40@1 40x25@1 75x25@1 75x60@0 60x60@0 75x60@0 \
      75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1 60x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 6 ActiveDown 16 60x40@0 60x80@1 15x80@1 15x40@0 \
      60x40@0 40x40@0 40x25@0 75x25@0 75x60@1 60x60@1 75x60@1 \
      75x40@1 85x40@1 85x15@1 60x15@0 60x25@0
 + ButtonStyle 6 - MWMDecorShade
 + ButtonStyle 6 ToggledActiveUp   Vector 16 60x40@1 60x80@0 \
      15x80@0 15x40@1 60x40@1 40x40@1 40x25@1 75x25@1 75x60@0 \
      60x60@0 75x60@0 75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1 60x25@1
 + ButtonStyle 6 ToggledActiveDown Vector 16 60x40@0 60x80@1 \
      15x80@1 15x40@0 60x40@0 40x40@0 40x25@0 75x25@0 75x60@1 \
       60x60@1 75x60@1 75x40@1 85x40@1 85x15@1 60x15@0 60x25@0

 + AddButtonStyle All -- flat

 + WindowFont	-adobe-helvetica-normal-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 + TitleStyle RightJustified height 20 -- flat
 + BorderStyle -- flat HiddenHandles  NoInset
 + HilightColor Black CadetBlue

Best Regards,
alex.

-- 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:02:56 +0100

> #### pressed when the window is maximized. why? 

Because it's the default configuration for button 2.

>  + ButtonStyle 2 Clear
...

> #### This one doesn't
...
>  + ButtonStyle 6 - MWMDecorShade

My guess is that your fvwm version is too old.  The MWMDecorShade
style has been added with the alpha release 2.3.0.  It doesn't
work with 2.2.x.  Your configuration works perfectly with 2.3.11.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].