Subject: FVWM: Dragging of Window

From: Alexander Schinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:33:42 +0100

Hallo,
I'm new to this list.

I just updated from out old fvwm to fvwm2. FVWM2 looks really great!
But I have found a small problem, which I can't solve. 

I whould like to change the behaviour for dragging a window around.
At the momentI click, move the window and another click releses the
window.

But I would like to have the old behaviour. Pressing the mouse button,
moving the window and releasing the mouse button also releases the
window.

I read the man-Page and the mailinglist-archive, but i did not see the
answer.
Can you please help me?

Alexander

-- 
 Alexander Schinner  
 Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg      
 Institut fuer Theoretische Physik / Computerorientierte Theor. Physik
 e-mail: [email-masked]      PGP-Public-Key available   (o o)
-------------------------------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice;
in practice, there is.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:55:34 +0100

> But I have found a small problem, which I can't solve. 

Well, first of all we need to know the actual release you are using
(2.2? 2.2.2? 2.2.4?).

> At the momentI click, move the window and another click releses the

This sounds as if you were using 2.0.46 or even an older release.
Since 2.2, pressing a mouse button while you move a window cancels
the motion.  So I can't believe you have 2.2.x.  If so, please
download the latest stable release (2.2.4) from our web site
(http://fvwm.org).

> moving the window and releasing the mouse button also releases the

If upgrading doesn't help or if you already have 2.2.2 or higher,
please send me your config file so I can see what's going on.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].