Subject: FVWM: New to fvwm

From: [email-masked] (Pradeep Subramaniam)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:09:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

I have very recently compiled and installed fvwm2 on a Solaris 2.6 box.
I went through the instructions given in the mailing list archive to
setup the rc file and have it come up when I log in on CDE.

The only problem is that the DtHelp and DtBrowser start up as well. It
is a pain to have to close them each time I log in. can anyone please
tell me how to turn this off. Thanks.

Pradeep.

-- 
Pradeep Subramaniam,                    | 
Senior Systems Administrator    	| You can fool some of the people
Versus Technologies  Inc.		|   all the time, but not all the
e-mail: [email-masked]		|   people all the time.
phone: (416) 214 7979 			|
fax:   (416) 214 9065                   | - Yet another brilliant philosopher
cell:  (416) 991 9625			|
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Dec 1999 16:09:50 -0500

If you don't wany _any_ CDE you can just turn it off at boot time and
start X traditionally, with startx etc.

This is what I do on my Solaris boxes.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].