Subject: FVWM: Skipping an fvwmbuttons module using Current (!MyButtons)

From: josvanr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:50:52 +0100

Hi!

I'm using an alt-tab like key binding to switch between the windows 
on the current page using 'Current'. Now, I launch an Fvwmbuttons
panel at startup using Module FvwmButtons MyPanel, and I'd like to 
skip that panel while cycling the windows. I tried using this:
Current (!MyPanel), but that doesn't work, the panel gets the focus
anyway. (It does work for other windows, like xterm and FvwmIconMan.)
Also Current(!FvwmButtons) doesn't work. Does anybody know what
I could  be doing wrong?

regards,

Jos. 

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fuzzy Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:51:29 -0600

josvanr <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I'm using an alt-tab like key binding to switch between the windows on
> the current page using 'Current'.  Now, I launch an Fvwmbuttons panel
> at startup using Module FvwmButtons MyPanel, and I'd like to skip that
> panel while cycling the windows.  I tried using this:  Current
> (!MyPanel), but that doesn't work, the panel gets the focus anyway.

This is how I have set up an Alt-Tab setting:

    Key Tab	A	M	Function NextWindow
    Key Tab	A	SM	Function PrevWindow

    AddToFunc NextWindow	"I" Next (!Iconic CurrentDesk) Focus
    +				"I" Current Raise

    AddToFunc PrevWindow	"I" Prev (!Iconic CurrentDesk) Focus
    +				"I" Current Raise

To keep certain windows from obtaining focus, I give them the
"CirculateSkip" style, like so:

    Style "xcb"			CirculateSkip
    Style "FvwmPager"		CirculateSkip
    Style "FvwmButtons*"	CirculateSkip

-- 
   [email-masked] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:59:12 +0100

> "CirculateSkip" style, like so:

I changed my setup to also first use 'focus' and then use 'current' to
do 
the other modifications. Now, it works.

mille grazie,

Jos.