Subject: re: FVWM: my problems as of 224

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:05:10 -0800 (PST)

> 1) mailtool starting msg iconic

< If so, which Solaris release?   I've never  used it

I think it's solaris 2.5 (sunos5.5.1)

< it seemed to default to starting iconic for me.
< I couldn't reproduce the raise/lower symptoms.

It starts iconic for me too....but i use FVWMEvent triggering on win-name
and Next (<title>) to open it. 

> 2) Using click-to-focus....i lose focus when mouse is over root window.
>    Doesnt lose focus if i go to another window w/o crossing over root.

< You should tell us what focus commands you issued,

No commands....just moved the mouse out of the window that had the focus.
Doesnt always do it tho.

SloppyFocus is a mouse-to-focus. click-to-focus shouldnt drop the focus w/o
a click elsewhere. I use click-to-focus because it allows hold-the-key-down
copies and moves (an xview thing). What is unclutter?

Key L5   FSTWI0123456789 N RaiseLower didnt touch the window the mouse was
over. It touched the one that had focus.

Thanx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:31:34 -0500

> copies and moves (an xview thing). What is unclutter?

unclutter is a program you run in the background  that makes the mouse
pointer disappear when  you haven't moved the  pointer for some amount
of time.  You should be  able to find it  at  ftp.x.org or thru a  web
search.  You seem to want to use click-to-focus for a different reason,
so I guess it wouldn't help you.

> over. It touched the one that had focus.

Yep, tried again, you're  right.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:03:32 +0100

> Yep, tried again, you're  right.

Since 2.3.12 there is the 'PointerKey' command to do this.  Works
exactly like 'Key' except that it operates on the window under the
pointer.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].