Subject: FVWM: Implementing a 'full screen' function

From: josvanr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:46:07 +0100

Hi

I'd like to make an Fvwm function to make a window resize
to 'full screen'. For this I need to do two things: 1)
remove the title bar using Style "thewin" NoTitle, 2) Maximize
the window. I'd like to put this function under a key.

Now the problem: how do I pass the resource string $r of the 
window that has the focus, to a function? Just using $r like 
this: Style "$r" NoTitle doesn't seem to work.

Any help is welcome

regards,

Jos

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:39:03 +0100

> this: Style "$r" NoTitle doesn't seem to work.

You have to remove the quotes around th $r. This works for me:

  key f12 w a Function Fullimize
  AddToFunc Fullimize
  + I Style $r notitle
  + I Recapture
  + I Maximize

Note that for now you need the 'Recapture' after the style line
because the style is not applied immediately but only when fvwm
has nothing else to do.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].