Subject: FVWM: Compilation error snapshot 991205

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:02:30 +0100

arseCommand.c
gcc  -g -O2  -o FvwmForm  FvwmForm.o ReadXServer.o ParseCommand.o
-L../../libs -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfvwm -lXpm    -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 
-lm 
echo "#!/bin/sh" > FvwmTalk
echo exec /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.3.11/FvwmForm '$@' FormFvwmTalk.>>
FvwmTalk
rm -f FormFvwmSetup.
sed -e 's,xFVWM_CONFIGDIRx,/usr/local/etc/fvwm,'
../../modules/FvwmForm/FormFvwmSetup.in > FormFvwmSetup.-t
mv FormFvwmSetup.-t FormFvwmSetup.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules/FvwmForm'
Hi!

I tried to compile the new snapshot but got some errors. Do I need
to download some libraries? Or maybe I can turn FvwmGtk off, I don't 
need it anyway, how can I do this?

Jos.

Making all in FvwmGtk
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules/FvwmGtk'
cd ../.. \
  && CONFIG_FILES=modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh
./config.status
creating modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules/FvwmGtk'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules/FvwmGtk'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..  -I/usr/X11R6/include    
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include
-I/usr/local/include      -g -O2 -c FvwmGtk.c
FvwmGtk.c:36: gdk_imlib.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [FvwmGtk.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules/FvwmGtk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/src/fvwm-snap-19991205'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 1999 10:15:10 -0600

If you're going to play with development snapshots, please join
fvwm-workers and discuss them there.  This list is really intended for
discussion of released versions.

 - J<

---

From: "shawn a \." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 02:18:43 -0700

> FvwmGtk.c:36: gdk_imlib.h: No such file or directory

if you want to download some librarys, gdk_imlib.h is at:

http://www.rasterman.com/files/imlib2-0.0.1.tar.gz

good luck,
sa

p.s. try ./configure --help :-)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:26:04 +0100

> p.s. try ./configure --help :-)

It shouldn't be necessary to provide gdk or any configure options.
If imlib isn't present the FvwmGtk module should be ignored
silently.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].