Subject: FVWM: Titlebar pixmaps

From: josvanr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 13:20:14 +0100

Hi!

I'm working on a perl script for translating blackbox themes
to fvwm2.3.10 (as good as possible). To do this, it would be
convenient if it were possible to put a scaled pixmap in the 
titlebar. I think I once saw something like this in a site with 
fvwm themes (maybe it was fvwmthemesorg) but I dont remember.
(and fvwmthemeorg is closed). Does anyone know how to do this?

Also I noticed that putting a transparant pixmap in the title
doesn't appear transparant, but black. In a button it does work.
Is this a bug, or a feature?

regards,

Jos

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mario Saraceni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:15:24 +0000

> (and fvwmthemeorg is closed). Does anyone know how to do this?

hi, i was trying to di exacly the same thing a few days ago (manually, not
with a script) and i noticed that there is no such thing as "ScaledPixmap",
but only "TiledPixmap" as a style to assign to your title bar, which doesn't
work quite the way we want it. but maybe the "gurus" know more on this.

mario

---

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:45:14 +0100

> work quite the way we want it. but maybe the "gurus" know more on this.

Hey, I have an fvwm theme based on the Blackbox theme 'spiff' (kind of 
'spiff-sim') checkiddout:

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvanr/spiff.jpg

the buttons however, are based on my BeOS theme:

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvanr/desktop.jpg

In  the spiff-sim theme, I just use a very wide (1600 pixels) hand-made
 pixmap for the title bar (to get the combination of a horizontal 
gradient and  the horizontal 'speedlines'.) Maybe not such a good
solution 
for people with very high-res screens, though.

Writing a perl script to do automatic conversion is a bit tricky 
I think. I guess, to make in look good, the script would have generate
custom pixmaps. Maybe, the perl script could parse the blackbox setup
file, (I have this working), and then call a gimp-script for making the
pixmaps. But do do this, I first have to learn how to make
gimp-scripts...

regards,

Jos

[email-masked]