Subject: FVWM: Warp to an applications desktop

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:25:43 +0100

Hi!

I'm (still) configuring fvwm, (but almost ready), and I 
have another question. 

I'd like to configure FvwmIconMan 
in such a way, that when I click on an application listed
in the icon manager, the viewport warps to the portion of 
the virtual screen where the application is located. (In the 
same manner as when I had clicked the pager on that part of 
the virtual screen.) In this way, one could quickly view 
several applications on different parts of the virtual screen, 
and find the right one. 

The problem is, that when I use WarpToWindow for this, the 
not only the viewport is changed, but also the cursor moves 
to the window. And of course I'd like the cursor to stay in 
the same place, near the icon manager. So I was wondering if 
there is a way to warp the cursor back to the previous 
position, or to maybe warp only the viewport, and not the cursor.

hope someone can help,

regards

Jos

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:48:02 +0000

Jos wrote:
> to the window. 

Have you tried using the Focus command? I think it wil do what you want.

Cheers,
Tim.