Subject: FVWM: FvwmAnimate

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:34:19 +0000 ( )

Hi,

I found a core file in my home directory this morning and gdb says that it
is from a seg fault in FvwmAnimate.  I'm not familiar at all with this
code so I thought I'd post the output from gdb and hope someone else out
there with more experience with it would take a stab at it.  I'd love to
help right now, but I'm swamped under a huge project due yesterday...

Tom

[tom@d18182516 tom]$ gdb fvwm2.2.2/libexec/fvwm/2.2.2/FvwmPager 
GNU gdb 4.17.0.4 with Linux/x86 hardware watchpoint and FPU support
Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) core core
Core was generated by `/home/tom/fvwm2.2.2/libexec/fvwm/2.2.2/FvwmPager 17
4 .FvwmAnimate 0 8 0 3'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
#0  0x804f13f in MapBalloonWindow (event=0xbffff98c) at x_pager.c:1966
1966      window_changes.width = 4 + XTextWidth(balloon.font,
t->icon_name,

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:55:37 -0500

> 1966      window_changes.width = 4 + XTextWidth(balloon.font,

Actually thats FvwmPager thats coring out.

The ".FvwmAnimate" that you see is the last config file it read before
starting the pager, (or something like that).

Sorry I don't have an answer to whats causing FvwmPager to quit.

Just thought I'd point out the module having the problem.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].