Subject: FVWM: AddToFunc and rxvt

From: pat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:14:07 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to get an FvwmWharf button to bring up an rxvt window in a
specific directory (i.e. /mnt/cdrom/).  I've been trying to use 
"AddToFunc" to create a command that starts an rxvt, brings it into
focus and then changes the directory to /mnt/cdrom/ but I have had no
luck.  If someone knows what to do or could point me in the direction
of the man page to which I could read, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
pat

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.
Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:58:55 -0500

> of the man page to which I could read, I would appreciate it.

I'm not too sure about the focusing part, I think the placement and
focus model you use may have some bearing, but this might help:

AddToFunc xx I Exec cd /mnt/cdrom;rxvt

For me, the window created gets focus.

Make sure you don't have a "cd" command in your environment file.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].