Subject: FVWM: Re: your mail

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:42:23 +0100

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 03:51:22AM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> hi
> 
> i just upgraded frpm 2.3.9 to 2.3.10, and everything is much much slower, 
> especially the menu face and the title bars (i use a dgradient), FvwmPager 
> does not keep the geometry i want to give it, rxvt's transparency behaves 
> strangely (as i type, the text acquires a blue background). i've already gone 
> back to 2.3.9 (everything is fine here!), because it was just umbearable. any 
> idea what's going on?

Yes.  I forgot to take out some debug code before building the distibution.
In fvwm/add_window.c you will find this line:

XSynchronize(dpy, 1);

If you remove it everything should run smooth again (it not, please report
back).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].