Subject: FVWM: Using separate files for configuration

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:17:14 +0100

Hi

I have a few questions concerning the use of separate files
for configuring fvwm2.3.10. 

1) Is the scope of functions (AddToFunc) in files global, or 
   local to the file

2) And if I use M4 preprocessing, is this local a file, or 
   global: ie if I import a file using 

     FvwmM4 TheFile

   are the M4 definitions in the root file also applicable
   to TheFile, and can definitions made in TheFile be used
   in the root file?

regards

Jos.

-- 
___________________________________________________________
J.G.A. van Riswick, Eindhoven University of Technology,
Eindhoven, The Netherlands. mailto://[email-masked]
mailto://[email-masked] http://www.dse.nl/~josvanr
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:22:15 +0100

> 1) Is the scope of functions (AddToFunc) in files global, or 

Global.  Fvwm doesn't care where the commands come from.

>    to TheFile, and can definitions made in TheFile be used

They are local.  To get then in the main file you have to
process the whole config file with FvwmM4 and 'include' the
sub file with the proper M4 preprocessing directive (I don't
know how it's called).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].