Subject: Re: FVWM: menu browsers

From: "Douglas Straub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:41:09 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Saraceni <[email-masked]>
To: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, November 22, 1999 4:59 PM
Subject: FVWM: menu browsers

>hi
>
>can anyone save me the trouble of understanding the man page of
>fvwm-menu-directory and tell me if there is a way of implementing a simple
>file browser with an associated application to open the files? what i'm
>thinking of is somthing like what's done in WindowMaker, where a submenu
can
>just browse a directory and open its files with a particular
>application. can this be done in the same way in fvwm-2.3.9? can different
>applications be specified in different menu entries? can anyone send
>examples, please? thanx!
>

I submitted a modified menu-browse script that sent the result to
FvwmDragWell.  You could then
drag and drop the selection onto FvwmWharf.  However, FvwmWharf was never
updated.  It is very useful
with applications such as XEmacs and Netscape which run in quasi-server
mode.

                                Doug

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].