Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: Fvwm Themes

From: Jason Kibblewhite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:46:37 -0700

I'm not sure how many people actually read my long gone (long length)
post about how I was setting up my themes but I did have a few people
mention it on the list from time to mentioning I had some good ideas.
The m4 processing seems to be a good way to go.  Not for personal
personal theme setups put for distribution uses as something like
changing the button locations would IMHO quaiify as changing the feel
which probably shouldn't be done,  Something like
#DEFINE CLOSEBUTTON 1 or whatever I forget the syntax for m4 it might be
cpp then having  FvwmM4 proccess the file and replace CLOSEBUTTON in a
theme with where ever the close button is setup for the user.  I had a
few setups work this way and had m4 reading a separate file for the
defines, and the defines file was created by a FvwmScript script.

All sorts of ways this can go.

P.S. I don't have anything there yet but perhaps a depot of some of the
ideas people have been working on would be a good idea.   If anyone
wants feel free you perhaps upload your setups to my ftp site at
guyver.dhs.org/incoming, the ftp dir is hidden so you can't get a dir
listing (for search engine sake) just cd into incoming.   I'll place
them for d/l that way rather then just saying this or that someone else
can look at what you've done and give feedback etc...

P.S.Sif you upload something perhaps include a short readme or
something.  I'd like to mv the filenames around to the name of the
person that uploaded it for download purposes.

P.S.S.S perhaps even include a ss also

--
This is my .sig, pretty dull eh

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].