Subject: FVWM: NumLock and fvwm2 interfere with my key/mouse bindings

From: Nacho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:55:41 +0100

Hi,

I have been having this problem during 3 years: whenever I turn on NumLock
while running fvwm2 all my key and mouse bindings stop working. It's very
annoying!

How can I fix it?

I have read in the FAQ:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

42) Why do NumLock and CapsLock interfere with ClickToFocus and/or my 
    mouse bindings?                                                   

A: Because they are treated as modifiers.                             

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But it doesn't say how to fix it, maybe because it's supposed I should know it?

The version of fvwm2 I use is 2.0.46-BETA-3

See you!

-- 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Nov 1999 15:15:26 -0500

You can't fix it with that version of FVWM, AFAIK.  Maybe you could fix
it by using xmodmap or xkeycaps to change your server's keybindings so
that the NumLock shifted versions return the same values as the normal
versions.  Not sure if you can that or not.

In FVWM 2.4 (the next release) there is an IgnoreModifiers command that
will let you tell FVWM to ignore certain modifiers when matching mouse
and key bindings.  If you want to try it now you'll have to download a
beta or daily CVS snapshot.  See the Downloads page at http://www.fvwm.org

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].