Subject: FVWM: Pager focus

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:29:45 -0500

Hi

I am using a pager, with 4x3 desktops.
When I am using "Desktop" pager, I can use the right mouse button to
drag the focus between the different desktops.

When I go to "Work" pager, I have to first click on any desktop to get focus.
The windows from the "Desktop" pager follow in "Work" pager. Once I set the
focus on "Work", they disappear. This is true when I go back to "Desktop".
In the "Work" desktop, I cannot use my right mouse button to drag the focus
between different desktops.

How can I fix these 2 items? Pager focus and RMB drap in the 2nd desktop?

#------------------ Pager
*FvwmPagerBack grey60
*FvwmPagerFore black
*FvwmPagerFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmPagerHilight #c3c3c3
*FvwmPagerIconGeometry 38x31+0+0
*FvwmPagerGeometry 131x178+0+0
*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Desktop
*FvwmPagerLabel 1 Work
*FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x8

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
[email-masked]
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:44:14 +0100

> How can I fix these 2 items? Pager focus and RMB drap in the 2nd desktop?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with 'focus' and 'Work'/'Desktop'
pager.  Can you rephrase that for complete idiots (like me)?  The answer
to your second question is:  You can't drag the viewport (= the visible
portion of your work space) to a different desktop.  The reason is that
per design different desktops are not linked in any way.  They each have
their own coordinate system.  Better think of them as stacked above each
other.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:59:38 -0500

> their own coordinate system.  Better think of them as stacked above each

I was skeptical about the clarity of my first note. I knew I did not use
the fvwm lingo.

I have included a small gif file to better understand my setup.

This image shows my current desktop. On the FvwmButtons bar, I call the
FvwmPager module with a completely new Pager with the title "Work".
When I switch to "Work", the windows in "Desktop" follow into "Work".
I don't want windows in "Desktop" to follow into "Work".

Regarding my second question, I am not trying to drag the desktop. I want to
scroll to other viewports using RMB. It works fine in the "Desktop" pager but
not in "Work" Pager.

I hope it is a little bit more clear this time. :-)

Subba Rao
[email-masked]