Subject: FVWM: Re Dan Aspen's message, + FvwmWinList problem

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:47:20 +0100

Hi!

> Dan Espen

wrote:

> 
> Tearoff menus aren't working yet.

o ok.

> 
> The FvwmWindowList will display mini icons.
> 

By this, do you mean FvwmWinList or the built-in WindowList (menu)?
Using the test setup file quoted below, no icons are displayed in 
the FvwmWinList. (The icons are in the right path, because icons
do show up on the desktop when I minimize an xterm.) Also I can't
find any option in the FvwmWinList man page for turning on displaying
of icons. Maybe you can help?

Another problem with the FvwmWinList module: is using the Transient
option. When I enter in an FvwmConsole:

  Mouse 3 R A Module FvwmWinList

a window list appears on clicking the 3rd mousebutt in the root window,
however when I use

  Mouse 3 R A Module FvwmWinList Transient

nothing happens when clicking that button. I also tried -Transient,
transient
and -Transient, with the same result. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Finally: I'm trying to configure the pager. To set the desk-layout, one
uses
*FvwmPagerRows and ~Columns. But, how do you set the page layout of 
each desk?

Btw, I'm using fvwm2 version 2.3.10.

regards,

Jos van Riswick

Here's my test-setup file (.fvwm2rc)
-------------------------------------------------------

ModulePath /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.3.10

Style "xterm" MiniIcon iconify.xpm
Style "xterm" Icon iconify.xpm

*FvwmWinListDontDepressFocus
*FvwmWinListButtonFrameWidth 1
*FvwmWinListLeftJustify
*FvwmWinListMinWidth 400
*FvwmWinListMaxWidth 400

Read /root/.fvwm2/.fvwm2rc_rootmenu
Read /root/.fvwm2/.fvwm2rc_warpkeys

Module FvwmConsole
Module FvwmWinList

-- 
___________________________________________________________
J.G.A. van Riswick, Eindhoven University of Technology,
Eindhoven, The Netherlands. mailto://[email-masked]
mailto://[email-masked] http://www.dse.nl/~josvanr
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:12:27 -0500

> > The FvwmWindowList will display mini icons.
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^

> of icons. Maybe you can help?

Under "Style", this is in the fvwm2 man page:

          MiniIcon specifies a pixmap to  use  as  the  miniature
          icon  for the window.  This miniature icon can be drawn
          in a title-bar button (see  ButtonStyle),  and  can  be
          used by various fvwm modules (FvwmWinList, FvwmIconMan,
          and FvwmTaskBar). It takes the name of a pixmap  as  an
          argument.

So, if you  give your various windows "MiniIcons",  they will be shown
in either of the window lists (and anywhere else mini-icons are used).

Maybe someone else can help with your other questions.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:20:17 +0100

> > > The FvwmWindowList will display mini icons.

Well, this is what I tried: I defined a mini icon for "xterm", and 
it works for the built in WindowList: here the mini icon is displayed,
but the mini icons are not displayed in the FvwmWinList... So I wonder 
if you have to tell FvwmWinList to do this, or should it do this by 
default?

regards,

Jos.