Subject: FVWM: MWMDecorMaximize & ToggledActivexxx

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:20:25 +0000

I asked this a while before, but didn't see an answer.

  Can someone explain in words of 2-3 syllables what exactly
MWMDecorMazmise, and the ToggledXXX button states actually /do/? There's
no real mention of them in the man., page, and even the archive doesn't
have much to say on the subject (even when they were committed).

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 38 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:57:32 +0100

> have much to say on the subject (even when they were committed).

The 'toggled' style applies if the window is maximized and
ithe button has 'MWMDecorMax', or if it is shaded and has
'MWMDecorShade' or if it is sticky and has 'MWMDecor<whatever>'
set.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:09:43 +0000

> 'MWMDecorShade' or if it is sticky and has 'MWMDecor<whatever>'

  OK, then. Two questions:

  a) does this mean that the "one   of   the   ***MWMDecorMaximize***,  
MWMDecorShade   or" text in the man page is wrong? (Just "Max"?)

  b) what *should* the following do?

Style "*"  MWMDecor, MWMFunctions

AddToDecor Std  AddButtonStyle 2  \
         Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm  - MWMDecorMax \
         ToggledActiveUp    (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ToggledActiveDown  (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm)
AddToDecor Std  ButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMaximize

  I've also tried:

AddToDecor Std  ButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMax

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 37 days remaining

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:24:32 +0000

OK, then. Two questions:

  I've also tried:

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:04:16 +0100

> MWMDecorShade   or" text in the man page is wrong? (Just "Max"?)

No, I was just too lazy to type MWMDecorMaximize :)

> AddToDecor Std  ButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMax

Are you joking?  I'm sure no living person can tell you what
this is *supposed* to do :-)  The only thing I could do is to
try it out and tell you what it does.  Did I ever mention that
I'd love to nuke all this Decor/ButtonStyle/TitleStyle/BorderStyle
stuff and rewrite it from scratch with a decent syntax?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:07:09 +0000

> No, I was just too lazy to type MWMDecorMaximize :)

  I'll try it the other waym then :-)

> [snip]
> try it out and tell you what it does.

  Oh, I can *tell* you that :-/

  I suppose I'll have to try to wade through the code to figure out if it
/ought/ to do what I want (i.e., have one button xpm whlie maximised, and
another while minimised. Doesn't sound too tricky, but ...).

>  Did I ever mention that

  Let me think ... ;)

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 36 days remaining