Subject: FVWM: Changing current Desktop from a program

From: "Duane Guingrich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:13:39 -0500

I need to have a way for my program to switch to a particular
FVWM page. I need to create a button on my application
that when clicked, will cause the current FVWM page
to be switched to the one to the right of my application's
page. Thus I need to know the best way to do in my
program what hot-keying to the right page does.

Duane

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:35:14 +0100

> program what hot-keying to the right page does.

You can use the FvwmCommand module.  Just start the server in
fvwm's config file:

  AddToFunc InitFunction Module FvwmCommandS

After that you can call FvwmCommand from the command line to
execute any fvwm commands:

  # FvwmCommand "GotoPage 2 3"

(The quotes are necessary, otherwise the '2' and '3' will be interpreted
as separate commands).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].