Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmButtons panels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:01:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I'm configuring the fvwm2 (2.3.10) windowmanager on my
pc and I've run into a few problems:

 * When I make a 'sub-panel' pop up out of the FvwmButtons
panel, It's position is determined relative to the position
of the button that is depressed to make it op up.  Is it
possible to fix the geometry (including offset) of a popup
panel? I'd like to let my pager pop up from a button, but
the pager should always be located on the same position.

 * When I swallow FvwmIconMan into a sub panel, is it
possible to let the panel grow as the number of entries in
the iconmanager gets larger?

regards,

Jos van Riswick

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:51:04 +0100

> the pager should always be located on the same position.

Yes, if someone codes it. Since this would entail a whole
lot of code to be useful I decided for now not to spend
more time on this before 2.4. Since the main benefit of the
panels is the sliding animation and that they are placed relative
to the button bar I don't see why you would need a panel here.
You can simply have a button that opens and closes your pager:

  *FvwmButtons(Name pager, Action ToggleFvwmPager)
  AddToFunc ToggleFvwmPager
  + I None (FvwmPager) Module FvwmPager
  + I Next (FvwmPager) Close

Then you can place the pager whereever you want with the
'FvwmPagerGeometry' option. Perhaps I will code some class
of 'toggle' button that does exactly this some day.

> the iconmanager gets larger?

I think you can tell the icon manager the direction in which
it should grow.  FvwmButtons doesn't care about the size of
the panel windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].