Subject: FVWM: how to have window with no borders at all?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:56:31 -0700

I use fvwm2 (on solaris) and there is this program aterm (basically
transparent xterm).

  how do I configure fvwm to diplay aterm with title and all buttons but no
borders whatsoever?

  I tried:

  NoHandles - this makes the window non-transparent (it has the 'tint'
color, root background is not visible)

  NoBorders - no effect

  HandleWidth 2 - this makes borders very thin, but visible

  HandleWidth 0 - again, the transparency is gone (window is 'tint' color)

  while we are at it, how do I display the window without any decoration
whatsoever? i.e. no title, no buttons for resize etc. no borders...

  TIA

	erik

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:56:44 +0200

>   how do I configure fvwm to diplay aterm with title and all buttons but no

  Style aterm HandleWidth 0

> whatsoever? i.e. no title, no buttons for resize etc. no borders...

  Style ... NoTitle, HandleWidth 0

I've played a bit with aterm 0.3.6 and the transparency seems to be badly
broken.  If the window has a border and is moved the background immediately
gets the border coulour.  There are lots of other strange effects too.
I got the transparent borderless window working withouth a problem though.
I recommend you put the style

  Style aterm HandleWidth 0

in your config file so that the window never gets a border at all.
This should be reported to the aterm developers.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].