Subject: FVWM: with regards to configuration

From: Andrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:27:31 -0600 (CST)

Hi, 

This is my first post here so please bear with me... :)

I have several small problems with setting up my fvwm2 (this is what I prefer
using) -- I seem to be unable to have any icons associated with my xterms and
several other programs. 
I know there should be a default Icon associated with each program I start via
the 
Style "*" Icon xterm.xpm
But this seems not to be the case here.

I have the above in my .fvwm2rc file and I most definitely have the path to the
icons set via IconPath (with or without the trailing '/') and it's still not
working.
It seems to work for RedHat's default fvwm2 configuration (something they call
fvwm-MWM) but I am unable to browse through all the configuration files and
decrypt the procedures they have used myself.
This said I would like to be pointed towards a nice fvwm2 setup guide, since the
man pages seem to be unhelpful when it comes to Button configuration and/or
problems like the above.

I thank you for your cooperation

Regards!

--
/*************************************************
 F2F -- Proud Member of the Saskatun Hahaking Grup
 "Using whatever hardware I can find since 1976"
 *************************************************/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Staffan Hämälä <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:53:30 +0200

> But this seems not to be the case here.

Just out of curiosity.. I've myself noticed a change between the
current development version and 2.2.2. In the latter I've become
used to having iconified windows appear with only the window label
and no icon, but when I installed the CVS version I suddenly had
icons for each iconified window. I hadn't changed anything in
my configuration. (And I don't have any Style lines defining
xpm's, they must be coming from the applications).
How do I get rid of the icons in the CVS version?

/Staffan

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 29 Oct 1999 12:30:23 -0400

Does

  Style "*" NoIcon

not do it?

See the fvwm2 man page.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].