Subject: FVWM: fvwm disappears!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:21:12 -0700

hey guys,

  I have a very strange problem with fvwm - quite often, after coming back
to work, I find that the fvwm disappeared. there are no borders around the
windows, pager is gone, focusing does not work etc.

  I thought that the fvwm crashed but then I checked 'ps -ef|grep fvwm' and
I saw that all the fvwm processes are running (fvwm itself and few modules).

  my configuration:
    fvwm 2.2.2
    solaris
    exceed (X server under windows NT)

  sometime we have network problems - is it possible for fvwm to stop
working after receiving timeout? or something like that? other applications
work (xterms, netscape etc.)

  any ideas? thanks.

	erik

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:14:05 +0100

> I saw that all the fvwm processes are running (fvwm itself and few modules).

Since you can get to a shell you can send the USR1 signal to fvwm and it
should restart.
>     exceed (X server under windows NT)
Exceed might have something to do with it. Try turning off any screen
savers or running exceed in full screen mode
(Exceed_menu/tools/configuration/screen_definintion/window_mode =
single).

Cheers,
Tim.