Subject: FVWM: Alignment of icon label in icon box

From: Brian Servis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:06:01 -0500 (EST)

I am using fvwm 2.2.2 and was wondering if there is a way to control the
alignment of the icon label in the icon box.  Currently it appears that
IconBox only left aligns the labels when not in focus and then centers
when in focus.  I have an annoying commercial application that has
really long icon labels and the distinguishing component of the label is
on the right end of the label.  Is it possible to right align the icon
label?  Currently I have the following setup to get around the problem.

*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 156x0
*FvwmIconBoxFont 5x8
*FvwmIconBoxSetWMIconSize

So I have the IconBox really wide with a small font.  This is a bit hard
on the eyes.  I am able to set the ICON_NAME resource globally for the
application but then I loose the distinguishing label, i.e. all icons
would have the same label.

Thanks,
Brian Servis
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you  
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
[email-masked]                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:31:10 -0400

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:06:01 -0500 (EST)
Brian Servis <[email-masked]> 
> would have the same label.

Don't know if this helps, but if you use regular icons instead
of FvwmIconBox, and turn off the icon pixmap for this application,
then you should just get a really long icon title with the whole
string shown.

Alternatively you could set up FvwmIconMan with a manager for
just this app, and make that manager really wide.

Ric

Richard J Lister
Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878.
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].