Subject: FVWM: minimize the window

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:34:15 +1000

Hi,
	When I hit the minimize button in one of the windows, the window
	just disappeared, and I have to retrieved it using the
	mouse(windows list).

	How do I configure my fvwmrc so that, it will put a icon on the
	current virtual desktop.

	Thanks.

Shao.

-- 
____________________________________________________________________________
Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _ 
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Sydney, Australia               |___/_||_\__,_\___/ /___|_||_\__,_|_||_\__, |
Email: [email-masked]                                                  |___/ 
_____________________________________________________________________________
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:05:43 -0400

> 	How do I configure my fvwmrc so that, it will put a icon on the

I see below that you are running Debian 2.1, but we need to know
which release of fvwm you are running.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:23:06 +1000

Sorry, forgot to include more info... it did not happen to me in fvwm1.xx

[FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.2.2 compiled on Jul  2 1999 at 00:03:48

Thanks.

Shao.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:22:50 -0400

> [FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.2.2 compiled on Jul  2 1999 at 00:03:48

I believe the problem  you are having is  with  a long standing  fvwm2
feature that iconifies windows onto the page that the window is mostly
on.  (Actually, I wasn't aware the fvwm1 didn't do this also.)  If you
keep your windows mostly on screen your icons should stay visible.

It  looks to me like this  is "fixed" in 2.3.5, but  not  in the 2.2.x
series.  The  only way you  could get a "fix" is  by using one  of the
betas or waiting for 2.4.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:04:21 +0200

> 	How do I configure my fvwmrc so that, it will put a icon on the

If the application doesn't provide an icon itself you can specify
one in your fvwm config file.  Usually it is done by setting a
default icon for all applications:

  Style * Icon default_icon.xpm

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].