Subject: FVWM: How can I make fvwm2 work with KDE

From: Mohit Aron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:39:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
	I'd like to use KDE but I'd like to use fvwm2 as the window manager
instead of the default kwm. I tried replacing kwm in the startkde script by
fvwm2. Unfortunately, fvwm2 complains that another window manager is running
and quits. Is there anyway around this ?

- Mohit
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:06:32 +0200

> and quits. Is there anyway around this ?

First, fvwm is not KDE compliant (whatever this means).  That doesn't
necessarily mean it won't work with KDE, but certain features that the
KDE internal window manager (KWM) provides won't work with KDE (no, I
have no idea what these features could be).  Currently the specifications
for GNOME and KDE compliance are undergoing a complete rewrite, so don't
expect this to change until this rewrite has been finished.

Second, the window manager fvwm complains about is KWM.  I have little
experience with KDE, but I guess there must somewhere be an option
within KDE that allows you to specify your own window manager.  If that
does not help you and nobody else on this list knows what to do you
should ask this question on the KDE mailing list.

Bye

Domink ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].