Subject: FVWM: Fvwm with NT

From: Fabien VILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Oct 1999 09:02:58 +0200

Hello.

	I'd like to know if someone got Fvwm to run under NT, for
exemple with Exceed. I know I can run it on the Unix box and
display on the Exceed X server. What I mean is running Fvwm ON NT to
limit local net trafic. Is it a silly question ?
	TIA
	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

> limit local net trafic. Is it a silly question ?

You should check out the cygwin tools (http://sourceware.cygnus.com) ..
It's a complete compiler/fileutils/everything package for NT. It's pretty
cool, comes with bash and gcc and all kinds of cool stuff :)

On the page for cygwin, there is a link to the X11R6 client libraries and
apps (xterm and the like). The clients can connect to any X server, and
lemme tell you it was weird to have bash in an xterm on my linux box with
a prompt in /c//winnt/system32 or something like that :) If you have an X
server running on the NT box (hence Exceed), you could connect to that
instead. 

It'd be interesting to see a window manager compiled with the cygwin tools
:)
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+