Subject: FVWM: how to make it use less memory ?

From: Ilia Chipitsine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 22:47:12 +0500 (ES)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dear FVWM-team,

I'm currently using fvwm2. What I exactly want is a window
manager which uses as less memory as possible (fvwm won that competition !)

How to make it use even less memory ?
I want just manager with xpm and GNOME support, I do not want modules,
virtual desktops, buttons, etc. can I save some memory that way ?

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:41:39 -0500

> virtual desktops, buttons, etc. can I save some memory that way ?

You don't say what release you are using.  With 2.2.2,
"configure" gives you some choices:

  --disable-modality    disable modal dialogs for applications
  --disable-saveunder    disable saveunders for pop-up menus
  --disable-shape    disable shape extensions
  --disable-activedown-button    disable ActiveDown button state
  --disable-inactive-button    disable Inactive button state
  --disable-mini-icons    disable MiniIcon style option
  --disable-vector-buttons    disable vector button style
  --disable-pixmap-buttons    disable pixmap button style
  --disable-gradient-buttons    disable gradient button style
  --disable-multistyle    disable stacked button styles
  --disable-extended-titlestyle    disable styled title-bars
  --disable-borderstyle    disable BorderStyle command
  --disable-usedecor    disable UseDecor style option
  --disable-windowshade    disable WindowShade function

I can't say how much that will save you.

> Regards, (îÁÉÌÕÞÛÉÅ ÐÏÖÅÌÁÎÉÑ)
> 
>  Ilia Chipitsine (éÌØÑ ûÉÐÉÃÉÎ)

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].