Subject: FVWM: Midnight Commander for GNOME & fvwm-2.2

From: Ilia Chipitsine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:19:56 +0600 (ESS)

Dear All,

I've been running fvwm, fvwm2 for years and I am pretty happy with that.
However, after I installled GNOME-1.0 (FreeBSD-3.2) and launched gmc
(GNOME Midnight Commander) it said me ...

** WARNING **: Root window clicks will not work as no GNOME-compliant
window manager could be found!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there way to make them understand each other ? 
Sorry, maybe it has been discussed already, but I'm subscribed to the
list.

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Staffan Hämälä <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:21:46 +0200

> window manager could be found!

I've seen a page for something called fvwm2gnome that should fix
your problem. I haven't tried it though, and I don't have the
link handy, but you could try a search for that on altavista.

/Staffan

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 29 Sep 1999 15:25:31 -0400

%% Ilia Chipitsine <[email-masked]> writes:

  ic> I've been running fvwm, fvwm2 for years and I am pretty happy with that.
  ic> However, after I installled GNOME-1.0 (FreeBSD-3.2) and launched gmc
  ic> (GNOME Midnight Commander) it said me ...

  ic> ** WARNING **: Root window clicks will not work as no GNOME-compliant
  ic> window manager could be found!

  ic> Is there way to make them understand each other ? 

The next official release of FVWM, 2.4, will contain native support for
GNOME (i.e., be a "GNOME-compliant window manager").

We are well on our way into development on this; a number of beta tests
have been released.  If you're interested in playing with beta code, you
can find it on the ftp.gnu.org site.  Note this is _really_ beta code,
not "kinda beta but really released" code like the 2.0.x stuff.

There are also daily source snapshots available.  And, of course, for
those who just gotta be current, you can use anon-CVS to get
up-to-the-second code.

There's a lot of new, cool stuff here, but it's still beta.  If you use
it please read the info on reporting bugs carefully.  You may also
consider tracking the fvwm-workers mailing list more closely.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].