Subject: FVWM: Erroneous .fvwm2rc parsing

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:00:22 -0500 (CDT)

I was tinkering with my .fvwm2rc file, and I found that if you put a
comment in it, and end the comment line with a '\', the file might be
parsed incorrectly.  I am using fvwm 2.3.8.

For example, suppose you have the following:

# This is a comment \
MenuStyle "*" ... (whatever your options are)

The '\' prior to the MenuStyle command fouls it up, causing the menu style
to be set with default values for color, font, etc.  Strangely enough, the
following 3 examples do *not* cause problems.  It seems that the only
commands that are affected are those for which the previous line is a
comment that ends with '\'.  Note that adding any characters after the '\'
or putting empty lines or more comments between the rogue comment and the
desired command makes the problem go away, as shown below.

-jason

These examples are ok:

######################################################################

# (Illustrates that only the immediate line after the '\' is affected)
# This is a comment \

MenuStyle "*" ... (whatever your options are)

######################################################################

# (Illustrates again that only the immediate line after the '\' is affected)
# This is a comment \
# and this is another
MenuStyle "*" ... (whatever your options are)

######################################################################

# (Illustrates that the last character must be '\')
# This is a comment \p
MenuStyle "*" ... (whatever your options are)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].