Subject: FVWM: [Q] IconBox geometries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 19:32:30 -0400

I am having the darnest time finding the right parameters to pass to
IconBox.

I resized an xterm to the size I wanted and moved it where I wanted
the "box" for my icons.  Then I used xwininfo and FvwmIdent to get the
geometry of the xterm.  I used those values as args to IconBox, but
the icons were not placed in the right location when they were
iconified.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on finding the right geometry
and size to pass as parameters to the option IconBox?

Thanks,
Sam
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:05:48 -0400

> and size to pass as parameters to the option IconBox?

Use xv instead of xterm.  The geometries from xterm are in characters,
not pixels.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].