Subject: FVWM: [Q] Figuring out FvwmButtons sizes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 17:31:44 -0400

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out where buttons go in the FvwmButtons box.

I basically want a column of buttons, each with different heights.  
I thought using Containers would do the trick, but not so.
For example, I would like to have three buttons.  Button one is 64 units
high, button two is 32 units high and button three is 10 units high.

*FvwmButtonsColumns        1

*FvwmButtons(Container(Rows 1, Columns 1, Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Size 0 64, Swallow asclock 'Exec asclock &')
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(Container(Rows 1, Columns 1, Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Size 0 32, Title xlock, Action 'Exec xlock')
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(Container(Rows 1, Columns 1, Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Size 0 10, Title xlock2, Action 'Exec xlock')
*FvwmButtons(End)

This gives me three buttons, but each with height 64.
Any suggestions on how to get each button to the height specified?

Thanks,
Sam

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 02:35:30 +0200

> Any suggestions on how to get each button to the height specified?

Yup. It's much simpler than what you tried to do:

*FvwmButtonsColumns 1
*FvwmButtons(1x64, Swallow asclock 'Exec asclock &')
*FvwmButtons(1x32, Title xlock, Action 'Exec xlock')
*FvwmButtons(1x32, Title xlock2, Action 'Exec xlock')

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].