Subject: FVWM: Selective NoTitle

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:39:57 +0100

I have applied NoTitle to 'perfmeter', since that's the way I want it.
However, even with DecorateTransient set for it, it's config. window comes
up with no title bar (so I can't close it with the mouse only).

  Is this a case of NoTitle being applied to all of permeter's windows, or
another OLDecor cock up?

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 117 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:21:00 +0200

>   Is this a case of NoTitle being applied to all of permeter's windows, or

The style name matches not only the name of the window, but the
resource and class of the application too. You have to find a
pattern that matches only the window name. Perhaps you can
set the title explicitly or rename the executable.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:45:46 +0100

> set the title explicitly or rename the executable.

  OK, I'll try it in a sec.

  On a related note, if I do:

Style Some*   SomeSetting1
Style SomeApp SomeSetting2

  ... then I ought to get SomeSetting1 & 2 for SomeApp.

  If I then do:

Style SomeApp SomeSetting3

  ... does that *replace* the previous Style for that name, or extend it?
I'd expect it to replace it, but I'm not certain, since 'Style * sssss'
works across multiple statements - except that that's probably a special
case.

  In fact, is there a way of blatting a Style def. at all? E.g. "Style
NoMore"

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 116 days remaining

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:11:12 +0200

> works across multiple statements - except that that's probably a special

It adds settings to the style.

>   In fact, is there a way of blatting a Style def. at all? E.g. "Style

Hmm, I think there isn't.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 12:21:46 +0100

> Hmm, I think there isn't.

  Nope. I had to restart to clear the Style! As it happens, in this case
(perfmeter), I no longer needed NoTitle for it since fvwm's no obeying the
app.'s OLDecor :-)

  I'll have a look at the code to see if there's aught about removing
styles.

---

From: Fuzzy Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:46:09 -0500

>   ... then I ought to get SomeSetting1 & 2 for SomeApp.

If you want Some* applications to see SomeSetting1, but not SomeApp,
then you could do this

    Style Some*   SomeSetting1
    Style SomeApp SomeSetting2,NoSomeSetting1

-- 
   [email-masked] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Just about every computer on the market
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  today runs Unix, except the Mac (and
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||  nobody cares about it). -- Bill Joy '85
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].