Subject: FVWM: how can I focus and raise a window ?

From: Adrian Llahana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:14:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I'm a user of fvwm on a pentium machine. I switched from an IBM AIX
xwindows system to a Linux system, and find some things difficult in fvwm.
For example, when I need to press ALT-TAB keys, to focus and raise another
window, but it just focusses.

Can you please help me how to configure it so that by presing ALT-TAB key
I can raise and focus on another window ? I tried all the configurations
in the .fvwmrc file (at the keyboard section) but I didn't get it work.
And it seems feasible, because by clicking the mouse, you can focus and
raise the window.

Thank you for your time,
Adrian

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fuzzy Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:31:49 -0500

> window, but it just focusses.

I had a lot of trouble with this, too, because it "just worked" in
fvwm1.  One solution is to use FvwmAuto to raise the focused window. 
The other is this one that I like better:

    Key Tab	A	M	Function NextWindow
    Key Tab	A	SM	Function PrevWindow

    AddToFunc NextWindow	"I" Next (!Iconic CurrentDesk) Focus
    +				"I" Current Raise

    AddToFunc PrevWindow	"I" Prev (!Iconic CurrentDesk) Focus
    +				"I" Current Raise

-- 
   [email-masked] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Just about every computer on the market
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  today runs Unix, except the Mac (and
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||  nobody cares about it). -- Bill Joy '85
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mario Saraceni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:29:58 +0000 (GMT)

I just use this:

AddToFunc FocusAndWarp "I" Focus
+		       "I" WarpToWindow 50 50

Key Tab A M    Next [*] FocusAndWarp

i have 2.3.8

mario

---

From: Fuzzy Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:27:23 -0500

> Key Tab A M    Next [*] FocusAndWarp

That works if you use MouseFocus, but not ClickToFocus.