Subject: FVWM: Re: your mail

From: Danny Ho <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:33:46 +1000 (EST)

Heya,

introduction:-

I am currently using fvwm95 on freebsd and I want to customise my menu  to
work with the current programs in the menu eg:- xview, maze,
acrobat,textedit, explorer etc. And I also want setup a menu called /stuff
that will include :- adobe acrobat 4, office(Applix) etc

Question:-

1)How can I customize my menu so I can run the current applications in
fvwm95?

2)How can I  add an additon to the menu called stuff to include such
applications such as adobe acrobat 4 , office(Applix)

Thank you for your assistance people. 

#########################################################################
#
#
# The bible fortells that someone powerful would rise up and
# lead the world to destruction. And Bill Gates definitely has this kind
# of power in his hands.
#
#
######################################################################### 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:13:53 -0400 (EDT)

Danny,

     As many people will tell you this mailing list is for Fvwm2, not
fvwm95.  I assume that you are using a RedHat dist. with fvwm95 on it.  If
that is the case I might be able to help, just read on.

> applications such as adobe acrobat 4 , office(Applix)

If the directory structure is the same on a freebsd system as on an x86
system then you should be able to modify both by simply looking at the
files in 

/etc/X11/wmconfig

If you peruse a couple of these files you will find that they contain the
name of the executeable, the menu in which they are listed and the name of
icons, etc.  Adding a file to this directory which conforms to the style
or syntax as displayed in the other files will show up in your menus.  If
you do not have root permision to write in this directory and your
sys-admin. is not willing to help, then your stuck modifying some of the
scripts used in the AnoterLevel package.

Tom