Subject: FVWM: frills

From: Alan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:21:26 -0400

After a brief dalliance with GNOME/Enlightenment/WindowMaker/Afterstep, I've
come back to my FVWM roots.

FVWM has a lot of advantages over these other window managers. But one
thing it hasn't got is a modern-looking logo. It would be nice if we had a
logo which somehow reflected its great qualities: speed, compactness,
elegance, efficiency... 

So, calling all artists! If you have some time and would like to make a logo
for fvwm, please send it to me at [email-masked]. I'll post all
submissions at http://www.princeton.edu/~alanho/fvwm/. Come take a look at the
one I made. Perhaps when we get a good one we the humble users can contribute
something to this great project. 

Alan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 01:20:27 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Alan wrote:

> submissions at http://www.princeton.edu/~alanho/fvwm/. Come take a look at
> the one I made. Perhaps when we get a good one we the humble users can
> contribute something to this great project.

Nice logo. It would be well to have more artists participating.
Please consider keeping images in .jpg or .gif format, not .png or .xpm,
so the folks using Netscape Navigator 3 (or any other) could see them.
Also, please consider joining the Fvwm Logo Context by Pat Rogan at:
  http://members.tripod.com/~rrrogaine/fvwmlogo.html

Regards,
Mikhael.