Subject: Re: FVWM: Oddity in latest fvwm snap.

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 07:30:09 +0200

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 08:52:52AM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
> 
>   Running fvwm2.3.6/snap-19990716 (IIRC), I've now got the following
> 'functionality': I run FvwmPager with 3x2 pages, and keep my Netscape
> Navigator windows together on page 1 0. My main stuff, inc. MailThread I
> keep in 0 0.
> 
>   If I'm on a page other than 0 0 & mail turns up, when NS turns the mail
> icon into the 'you-ve mail' pixmap, the icon migrates to the current page
> - but when I <Meta-M> [defined to warp to the mailthread window's page &
> open that window], fvwm takes me back to page 0 0, and the window
> deiconises into 0 0.
> 
>   Admittedly, I don't force MailThread into page 0 0, although I suppose I
> could (since compose windows have a diff. class, so I could still reply to
> Web mailto:s without changing from page 0 1).
> 
>   Is this 'relocate icon on change' intended new functionality, or a bug
> in this snap?

I have no clue why this happens (it doesn't for me). What Netscape version
do you have? Can you try adding these lines at the end of your config file:

  DestroyFunc UrgencyFunc
  AddToFunc UrgencyFunc I Beep

Does this help? (I don't think so).

To avoid page flipping when you open the window you could try to
de-iconify first and then warp to the window:

  + I iconify off
  + I warptowindow 50 50

(or so).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 15:13:54 +0200

> de-iconify first and then warp to the window:

I think I fixed it now. Please try with a new snapshot as soom as my
commit is through.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 11:34:11 +0100

>   AddToFunc UrgencyFunc I Beep

  Sparc/Solaris  4.61.

  I'll have a play later.

> de-iconify first and then warp to the window:

  I *want* it to page flip! I was just remarking that although the icon
had migrated to (1,0), FVWM still [correctly] identified the window with
(0,0). Mind you, this is true of most apps: I've often had an icon
mysteriously appear on the wrong page, only for it to deiconise back into
the correct page.

  Here's something related to try: bind a key to 'Iconise' (Sun's "Open"
FKey for me). *Double* click/hit the key over an open window. Usually, the
window iconises, then deiconises (natch) ... but the window's transparent!
You only get the FVWM decor, not the window itself.

  I've just done this again to check it's still there - and I can't
remember how to get it back!

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 152 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].