Subject: Re: FVWM: can fvwm2 (or any other WM) move windows across heads -

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 12:08:59 +0200

On 16 Jul, Dominik Vogt put these bytes together :
>  On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 02:55:03PM -0600, [email-masked] wrote:
> > on a 2 headed machine (2 screens)
>  
>  No. Fvwm can't do it and I doubt any other window manager can.

I actually have a dual head on my SGI, composed in fact of
2 Indys, 2 Monitors, but one Kbd/mouse. So I run two instances
of fvwm, and my mouse spans over through an X connection.

Now if you want to MOVE windows across the screen, which I
cannot do, you need xbigx or xpanx I don't remember. Have
a look at :

	http://www.x-software.com/Software/products.html

One nice feature is "Transparent Windows" where you can see
through the raised window what's happening on the lowered
window by a nice opaque effect. Very nice. And you can
move windows over as well. Oh, it's not free...

Cheers
Stephane

>  Bye
>  Dominik ^_^

-- 
SILICON GRAPHICS                 EUROPEAN MANUFACTURING CENTER
##############################################################
Stephane Rosa                     Tel :     +41 (0)32 843-3638
Business Analyst                  Fax :     +41 (0)32 843-3909
APS/FP  Project                   GSM :     +41 (0)79 448-5335
--------------------------------------------------------------
irc.stealth.net     Euro-IRCNet   IRC :     Clipper on #geneva
ircnoc.neu.sgi.com  SGI Intranet  IRC :         EuroBA on #APS

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].