Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 on NT with Exceed?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:33:21 -0400

I've combed fvwm.org and searched with AltaVista, but can't find pointers
for compiling fvwm2 on NT in an Interix/Exceed environment (I don't have
the development version, but tried using cygwin). I've seen references to
people using it in the list archives.

Is there a location where I could find an fvwm2 binary for NT 4.0 x86 that
will work in Exceed 6.x (X11R6)? Failing that, instructions for building?
I'm a capable C programmer (though haven't written C in a couple years),
but have never compiled anything on a PC.

I will summarize responses for inclusion in the FAQ.

I've been happily using fvwm{,2} on Digital Unix for at least 5 years. It
would certainly make NT just that much less unpleasant.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

John
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:38:25 +0100

> people using it in the list archives.

This doesn't answer your question so I won't send it to the list.
I use fvwm on an Exceed server, I run it on the Unix host that I run
most programs on.  It works very nicely and is no slower than running
the window manager locally. If you do manage to get fvwm to compile with
Cygwin it would be nice to let us know how you did it so we can add it
to the configure stuff.  I'm not sure I'd use it though, I like to be
able to run unix progs from the window manager.

Cheers,
Tim.