Subject: FVWM: dynamic nummanagers?

From: Brian Keck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:23:25 +1000 (EST)

Hello,

Having made the switch from tvtwm, there's one thing I miss, namely
having a dynamic number of icon managers.  With tvtwm I had an icon
manager for each host I was logged into.  The config file 'IconManagers'
entry defined about 60 icon managers, one per host, but if I was logged
into 5 hosts then I'd only see 5 icon managers.  With fvwm2 I'd be seeing
60 icon managers all the time.

Is there a way of avoiding this?

Thanks,

Brian Keck

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brian Keck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:47:28 +1000

Hello,

I sent the enclosed a few weeks ago, but never saw a response.
So I'm back with tvtwm/vtwm/twm/.  But I'd still like to join the
mainstream, so just in case someone is watching who wasn't before ...

Thanks,

Brian Keck