Subject: FVWM: [2.2.2] Finding a CirculateSkip Window

From: Fuzzy Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:45:46 -0500

I want to write a function that finds where my Netscape window is, and
brings it up.  And if there isn't a Netscape window, it'll launch the
program.  This looks like it should work:

    AddToFunc Netscape	"I" Next (Navigator) Iconify -1
    +			"I" Next (Navigator) Raise
    +			"I" Next (Navigator) Focus
    +			"I" None (Navigator) Exec netscape

However, it doesn't.  It launches a new Netscape every time.  The reason
seems to be this line in my config:

    Style "Navigator"	CirculateSkip

I guess the "Next" function skips any windows with this style attribute. 
Indeed, removing this attribute makes the function work correctly.  But
I want that attribute, because I want to Alt-Tab between all my impor-
tant windows, and Netscape isn't important enough.  :)

So what do I do?

Well, the man page says that I can add the "CirculateHit" option, like so:

    AddToFunc Netscape	"I" Next (Navigator,CirculateHit) Iconify -1
    +			"I" Next (Navigator,CirculateHit) Raise
    +			"I" Next (Navigator,CirculateHit) Focus
    +			"I" None (Navigator,CirculateHit) Exec netscape

But it just does the same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

-- 
   [email-masked] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  butter quite like unrequited love."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                       -- Charlie Brown
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:40:55 +0100

>     AddToFunc Netscape  "I" Next (Navigator,CirculateHit) Iconify -1

Close but no cigar, try Next (Navigator CirculateHit CirculateHitIcon)

Cheers,
Tim.