Subject: FVWM: Transparent icon creation?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 15:36:20 +0100

Sorry - I know this is a little OT, but I've scoured the Net to no
avail, and I figure that since fvwm actually does this (in a fashion -
being the WM itself it'll be a bit different).

  I want to set an XPM as an application's icon *within* the application
(i.e., hard-coded), but I don't know how.

  From what I've found out, it looks like I need to create an icon-sized
window, put the XPM's Pixmap in it somehow (as backdrop?), probably using
the Shape X11 extension (how do I know if I've got that? Oh - I've
compiled it into fvwm, so I guess I must have somewhere!), then set the
main window's "icon-window" WM hint to said new window.

  Does that sound about right to anyone? Can anyone flesh out the details?

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 183 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].