Subject: FVWM: Style-specific 'Mouse'

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:37:28 +0100

I'm trying to get an 'iconise-all' button onto certain windows (e.g.,
"Navigator"). It's farily simple to do this by having a generic Decor, and
having a second identical one that's got an extra button, then using that
decor on the relevant windows.

  But is there a way of specifying for, say, button 6, a different
function for a different style? E.g.,

    Style "Navigator" Mouse 0 6 A  All (Navigator) Iconify On
    Style "XTerm"     Mouse 0 6 A  All (XTerm)     Iconify On

  ... would do it if Mouse were a style. I can't call a function upon the
click and have /it/ sort it out, since the function would only have the
window's ID, not its class.

  If there's no way around this, a possible solution would be a '$c'
addition to the '$w', '$d', etc.  that functions already have. I guess
'$n' would be good there too (window name).

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 163 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:31:47 -0500 (EST)

> window's ID, not its class.

What you could do instead is have Decor "Foo" contain a Button 6, and then
have the appropriate NoButton statements in your Style
definition. Admittedly, this doesn't solve the larger problem of changing
the function for each window. Your suggestion for extra variables in the
function definition does sound nice, though.
-- 
Nathan  |  [email-masked]  |  http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~froydnj/

Evolution is a million line computer program falling into place by accident.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:43:28 +0100

> function definition does sound nice, though.

  That's largely what I've got ATM. Currently, I have to have a function
CreateStandardDecor that takes $0 = decor name & creates a decor called
<$0> with all my fav. stuff in. Then, :

    CreateStandardDecor "DefaultDecor"

    CreateStandardDecor "IconiseAllDecor"
    AddToDecor IconiseAllDecor  \
       AddButtonStyle 6  Pixmap FNX-window-iconise-all.xpm

  As for the function extra variables. Hmm. I can feel a patch coming on.
If this is a fairly noddy affair (as I suspect it ought to be, but I've
not even glanced at that section of code yet), are enough people
interested for me to do it 'properly' and ask to get it put in? That's
assuming I can do, of course!

  Which kind of leads to an unrelated thing I was wondering about: does
anyone know roughly what the proportion of users of FVWM to actual readers
of this list is? (IYSWIM)

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 162 days remaining

---

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 15:13:54 -0500 (EST)

>        AddButtonStyle 6  Pixmap FNX-window-iconise-all.xpm

Wouldn't it take up less space (potentially) to have one global decor and
then add NoButton 6 or Button 6 on the appropriate Style statements?

As to people reading vs. people using FVWM, I use it. :)
-- 
Nathan  |  [email-masked]  |  http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~froydnj/

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:38:27 +0100

> then add NoButton 6 or Button 6 on the appropriate Style statements?

  Yup - but I discovered that stype option after I'd written the reply :)

  'Cept when I come to add an alternative button 6 to another style! Not
that I can think of a reason why I would, yet.

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 159 days remaining