Subject: FVWM: MWMDecorMaximize?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:57:41 +0100

According to the man page, it *looks* like MWMDecorMaximize, along with
the ToggleActiveUp/Down states for buttons, should allow for a button that
changes definition according to it's window's maximised state.

  But doing:

AddButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMaximize

  ... similar to the example in the man page for MWMDecorShade, is thrown
out by fvwm. The single '-' looks a bit dubious to me.

  Even if I get this in, is it actually going to do what I think?

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 164 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:55:09 +0200

> out by fvwm. The single '-' looks a bit dubious to me.

It may look suspicious, but it works. I use this line:
 
  ButtonStyle 6    - MWMDecormaximize

or

  ButtonStyle 6    - MWMDecorShade

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:57:18 +0200

>   Even if I get this in, is it actually going to do what I think?

I don't know. What *do* you think. It causes the vector to be drawn
inverted when the window is maximized.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:28:58 +0100

>   ButtonStyle 6    - MWMDecorShade

  fvwm2.3.6/snap19990716:

+ "I" AddToDecor $0  AddButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMaximize

>> [FVWM][ReadButtonFace]: <<ERROR>> unknown style -: - MWMDecormaximize

  or

>> [FVWM][ReadButtonFace]: <<ERROR>> unknown style -: - MWMDecorMaximize

  Hmm. Let me try just ButtonStyle ... Ah-ha! It likes that now. So why
only ButtonStyle, and what's with the "-" syntax?

  But I still can't make it do what I think it ought to:

> inverted when the window is maximized.

  Well, I've got:

+ "I" AddToDecor $0  AddButtonStyle 1  Pixmap FNX-window-control.xpm
+ "I" AddToDecor $0  AddButtonStyle 2  \
         Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm  \
         ToggledActiveUp    (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ToggledActiveDown  (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm)
+ "I" AddToDecor $0  ButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMaximize

   with:

Mouse 0 2       A       Maximize-Func

  I'd expect ...-on.xpm normally, then ...-off.xpm if maximised. No? I
actully get the ...-on.xpm all the time. I used to do this with a line in
Maximise-Func that did a different UseDecor according to whether the
window was currently already maximised or not, meaning keeping two
identical decors, with one button diff. between them. I thought this would
do the same thing in a neater fashion.

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 163 days remaining

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:48:01 +0200

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 03:28:58PM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
> actully get the ...-on.xpm all the time.

Yup, it's rather confusing. ToggledActiveUp/Down refers to a button
on the active window that if 'up' (i.e. not pressed with a mouse button)
or 'down' (i.e. pressed with mouse button held). I don't think what you
want is possible right now. I'd love to throw away the ButtonStyle,
BorderStyle and TitleStyle syntax completely and rewrite it from scratch.
It's *horrible* and even the most expert fvwm cracks are unable to
make it work.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:24:31 +0100

> It's *horrible* and even the most expert fvwm cracks are unable to

  So, prey tell - what exactly /does/ MWMDecorMaximize (and it's siblings)
do (and wrt. the ToggledXXX states)?

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 158 days remaining

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:48:02 +0100