Subject: FVWM: Problems with ClickToFocus

From: Kelly French <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:35:07 -0500

I apologize for repeating this message but I realized that I hadn't
included my email address and didn't want to force anyone to reply to
the list just to answer one of my questions.

I'm trying to work with a small window manager and customize it's
behavior.  I'm working with lwm as a starting place.  One issue I've
been struggling with is how to keep focus from following the mouse.  The
place where it's being handled now is in the EnterNotify handler and
when I make that handler return, to keep the code from switch the focus
of the windows, when the mouse makes it over the client inside the
frame, the input focus still switches.  Is there some other message that
changes the focus?  I tried adding FocusIn and FocusOut handlers but I
must not be registering properly for those events because my handlers
don't get called.

I've been trying to look in the code of fvwm2 but since it is a style it
hasn't seemed really clear how ClickToFocus works.
System info; using a PII 333 with 64M and a 3GB drive, I've installed
Red Hat 6.0 full install.

Any suggestions?

Kelly French
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].