Subject: FVWM: HELP !!!

From: "Pushpak Patel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 11:36:17 -0500

I some how got fvwm_2.2.2 version installed on my HP-UX 10.20

Following is my configure command.

  configure --prefix=/home/gsm/u08/pushpak/.fvwm --without-cxx --
--x-includes=/usr/contrib/X11R6/include
                      --x-libraries=/usr/contrib/X11R6/lib

Now I have under
  /home/gsm/u08/pushpak/.fvwm/bin/fvwm2
  ..................................................../libexec/fvwm2
  ..................................................../man/man1/*.1

I have created .Xdefault file under my home dir
it has following two lines.

      *wmStartupCommand: /home/gsm/u08/pushpak/.fvwm/bin/fvwm2
       *waitWmTimeout: 1

when I login in my CDE I am running fvwm2 but the PROBLEM is that
  I get no buttons, my mouse menu works. and when I try to quit from
fvwm2
  it does not quit, I mean it quits fvwm2 but something still running.

Can you please?

thanks
pushpak

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 07 Jul 1999 13:39:08 -0400

%% "Pushpak Patel" <[email-masked]> writes:

  pp> I have created .Xdefault file under my home dir
  pp> it has following two lines.

I assume you really created .Xdefaults (note plural "s"!)
                                     ^

  pp>       *wmStartupCommand: /home/gsm/u08/pushpak/.fvwm/bin/fvwm2
  pp>        *waitWmTimeout: 1

  pp> when I login in my CDE I am running fvwm2 but the PROBLEM is that
  pp> I get no buttons,

What do you mean, "no buttons"?  By default there is no buttonbar in
FVWM.  If you want one, you'll need to invoke the FvwmButtons module (or
get a 3rd party module like tkgoodstuff) and configure it for the
buttons you want (see the FvwmButtons man page).

  pp> my mouse menu works.

That's good.

  pp> and when I try to quit from fvwm2 it does not quit, I mean it
  pp> quits fvwm2 but something still running.

  pp> Can you please?

See the FVWM FAQ; there's a question there (#2.2) about using FVWM with
CDE.  It says this (among other things):

  > Finally you have to quit with
  >
  >   /usr/dt/bin/dtaction ExitSession (or whatever your path is for dtaction)
  >
  > Now you can happily use cde programs and fvwm.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].