Subject: FVWM: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:13:39 -0500

From: Kelly French <[email-masked]>

Hello,

I've been working on a stripped down window manager starting with lwm.
I've been trying to add and subtract features to suit what I'm trying to
end up with.  One of the things I'm trying to do is implement a
ClickToFocus behavior.

The reason I'm writing to this list is because I've been looking through
the fvwm2 source and have noticed ClickToFocus has been implemented as a
style and that it is checked in lots of places.  In trying to understand
how the focus events work I disable my NotifyEnter handler and this
keeps the focus from switching when the mouse is over the frame and
keeps the window from becoming active(raised?) when the mouse is over
the frame (because that code is in the NotifyEnter handler) but the
focus still switches when the mouse moves over the client.  Is their
some other message that is causing Focus change notification?  I tried
to include a FocusIn handler which did nothing but return but don't know
if you have to add some setting to make sure you receive that message.

System info; using a PII 333 with 64M and a 3GB drive, I've installed
Red Hat 6.0 full install.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:59:59 +0200

> if you have to add some setting to make sure you receive that message.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. ClickToFocus has nothing
to do with FocusIn/Out events in the first place. The window manager itself
causes these events by switching the focus from one window to another
(by calling XSetInputFocus). Some rare applications do this themself.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].