Subject: FVWM: focus on transients

From: [email-masked] (Danny Dulai)
Date: 4 Jul 1999 10:07:09 -0000

is there any option to focus the transients of a window when they popup?

for example.. when I'm using netscape, and i hit meta-f, it will pop up a
little search dialog. is there any option to auto focus that little dialog?

___________________________________________________________________________
Danny Dulai                                           Feet. Pumice. Lotion.
http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/                            [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:10:00 +0200

> little search dialog. is there any option to auto focus that little dialog?

The GrabFocus/GrabFocusTransient styles in the current aplha releases
(2.3.x) do this. With 2.2.x the only way to get this is using
ClickToFocus, but then this will happen with all new windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 09:43:42 +0100

> little search dialog. is there any option to auto focus that little dialog?

  I'm sure this'll be in the mailing-list archives somewhere, but here it
is again just in case: I use (with fvwm2+, IIRC):

# FvwmEvent settings

*FvwmEventPassID

*FvwmEventCmd
*FvwmEvent        add_window NewWindowFunc

AddToFunc NewWindowFunc  \
   "I" WindowId $0 (*_popup)       WarpToWindow 50 33
+ any other window-specific stuff for other windows.

  ... and start FvwmEvent at startup. (All Netscape transients have a
class [or name - I don't recall] '*._popup')

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 180 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Danny Dulai)
Date: 5 Jul 1999 15:16:58 -0000

>class [or name - I don't recall] '*._popup')

When I try that, I get:

FvwmEvent: incomplete event definition *FvwmEventPassID
FvwmEvent: FvwmEventCmd needs a parameter

and then nothing happens.

I'm running fvwm 2.2.2.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:43:17 +0100

> and then nothing happens.

  Hmm. I'm running snap 1999-05-21, 2.3.3 - maybe it's new to that. I
don't /recall/ it being a patch. Unless you want to try that snapshot, you
might have to wait till 2.4 comes out.