Subject: FVWM: 'Transparent' title buttons

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:03:05 +0100

I'm trying to get my current buttons on top of a pixmap (used to use
gradient). However, the buttons insist on having the title background, not
the pixmap I've put onto the title.

  The only apparent way of doing this (looking at a couple of themes) is
to set the buttons to all started with TiledPixmap as well ... but this
resets the tiling for each button (natch).

  Am I missing somthing? I'm (now) using the latest snap FWIW, but this
was true on 2.2.2 earlier today.

+  TitleStyle TiledPixmap textures/bg_blu8.xpm.gz
+  AddTitleStyle  \
      ActiveUp   (TiledPixmap textures/bg_blu8-light.xpm.gz)  \
      ActiveDown (Solid White)
+  HilightColor black #40bdff
+  ButtonStyle All -- UseTitleStyle
+  ButtonStyle 1  Default
   # 2 stacked rectangular panels like stills of a window being maximized
+  ButtonStyle 2  \
      Vector 11  \
         95x10@0 95x75@0 25x75@0 65x75@0 65x90@0 10x90@0  \
         10x55@1 25x55@1 25x75@1 25x10@1 95x10@1
...

  Is it the UseTitleStyle? Do I want something else?

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 165 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:19:34 +0200

>          10x55@1 25x55@1 25x75@1 25x10@1 95x10@1

To stack the styles you can use 'AddButtonStyle'. After setting the
pixmap background you should add the vector with

  AddButtonStyle 2 Vector 11 ...

Dos this solve your problem?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:28:03 +0100

> Dos this solve your problem?

  No :(  I'd (up until this point) actually /had/ AddButtonStyle, but now
with:

+  AddButtonStyle 1  Default
+  AddButtonStyle 2  \

  I get what I had before that made me use  ButtonStyle: all my buttons,
although transparent as far as being able to see the title's XPM is
concerned, still have the default vector box underneath *my* vectors
(presumably due to a lack of 'ButtonStyle' commands overrideing it). The
first line above that I put in to cover that doesn't.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:01:03 +0100

Gottit. I now use:

> +  ButtonStyle All Simple -- UseTitleStyle

  'Simple' :-)

 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 163 days remaining