Subject: FVWM: Keybinding Problems

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:18:13 -0500 (EST)

I have a function in my .fvwmrc that looks like this:

AddToFunc "GotoDeskPage"
+ "I" GotoPage $1 $2
+ "I" Desk 0 $0

I also have a large, semi-complicated m4 function that spits out
keybindings for switching to any page on any of my virtual desktops.

The problem is that it doesn't work. The keybindings that come out of the
m4 function look like this:

Key F1 A 4 GotoDeskPage 0 0 0
Key F1 A 5 GotoDeskPage 0 1 0

and so on, for each one of the function keys. The second keybinding always
works. The first one, however, does not. I think this is a problem with
FVWM not recognizing the `4' modifier, because if the keybindings are
generated like so:

Key F1 A 3 GotoDeskPage 0 0 0
Key F1 A 5 GotoDeskPage 0 1 0

everything works fine. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this
behavior and how I can get my `4' modifier to work properly? I'm using
Redhat 5.1 with XFree86 3.3.1 and FVWM 2.2.2.
-- 
Nathan  |  [email-masked]  |  http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~froydnj/

Evolution is a million line computer program falling into place by accident.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].