Subject: FVWM: ID window for current action?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:58:25 +0100

I'd like to attach a function to a menu-click on a window's title bar
that does something different according to the window.

  Now, I think that 'CurrentWindow (WindowIWant) DoIt' in the function
attached with 'Mouse' will do the trick by virtue of the fact that by the
time the click's processed, said window will have the focus and thus be
'Current'.

  Am I right, firstly? Is 'CurrentWindow' /actually/ the focus window? If
this won't work, is there another way of identifying the window upon which
the action occured?

  I'm aware that, e.g., Iconise (with no params.) works in this context,
correctly identifying the window that the click occured upon, but is this
again simply due to the clicked window becoming 'Current' by getting the
focus?

-- 
========================- http://www.rdel.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 163 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:19:16 +0100

> time the click's processed, said window will have the focus and thus be

  Actually, I think what I want is 'WindowId $w (WindowIWant) Doit'. Maybe
I should've figured that out earlier, since I was the one who added
'(condition)' to WindowId :-/