Subject: FVWM: fvwm95

From: "Leo deck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:34:51 -0700

Is there any interaction between fvwm95 and .Xresources/.Xdefaults files?

It is my understanding that resources defined in .Xresources or .Xdefaults get loaded into the resource database by the Resource Manager (RM).  How do I get access to the resource database from fvwm95?  Do you know of a simple way to that the RM has loaded the .Xresources/.Xdefaults information into the resource database?

Leo Deck
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:15:57 -0400 (EDT)

Previously...

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Leo deck wrote:

> It is my understanding that resources defined in .Xresources or
.Xdefaults get loaded into the resource database by the Resource Manager
(RM).  How do I get access to the resource database from fvwm95?  Do you
know of a simple way to that the RM has loaded the .Xresources/.Xdefaults
information into the resource database?

Leo, I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but using fvwm95,
don't you find under start/preferences/Xresources the basic options of
loading/ merging/ .Xdefaults and .Xresources and show the current
settings?  I assume that this is a RedHat system from the name you give
for Fvwm2.  If this does not help, please clarify...

Tom

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:23:29 -0400

> Is there any interaction between fvwm95 and .Xresources/.Xdefaults files?

This is the fvwm/fvwm2 mailing list.  If by "fvwm95" you mean fvwm2
with config files that make it look like "w95", then read on, or at
least take these answers as answers you would get if you were using
fvwm2.

fvwm2 itself doesn't read or change x-resources.

> It is my understanding that resources defined in .Xresources or .Xdefaults ge
> t loaded into the resource database by the Resource Manager (RM).  How do I g
> et access to the resource database from fvwm95?  Do you know of a simple way 
> to that the RM has loaded the .Xresources/.Xdefaults information into the res
> ource database?

The resource database is read or displayed by the xrdb command.
Try "man xrdb" for starters.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].