Subject: FVWM: Compiler error on Solaris

From: Tanmoy Mandal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:10:12 +0500

Hi,
    I was trying to compile fvwm 2.2.2 on Sparc-Solaris platform with
xpm enabled. But I am getting gcc compile errors. Here is an excerpt of
the compile error.

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../libs
-I/nfs/avanti/home/tanmoy/utils/xpm/include -I/usr/openwin/include
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/nfs/avanti/home/tanmoy/local/libexec/fvwm/2.2.2\"
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/nfs/avanti/home/tanmoy/local/etc\"
-DFVWM_CPP='"/usr/ccs/lib/cpp"'    -g -O2 -c FvwmCpp.c
In file included from FvwmCpp.c:26:
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/2.7.2/include/sys/param.h:187:
warning: `NBBY' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:45: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
                 from FvwmCpp.c:29:
/usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"

Can you tell me the solution ??

Thanks
Tanmoy

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:44:16 -0400

Well you are using gcc built on a 2.5.1 machine, and my guess is that
you are not building on 2.5.1 if you are on a 2.6 or a 2.7 box you are
going to need to build a compiler for that version of the OS.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].