Subject: FVWM: cannot even pass configure

From: "Pushpak Patel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:04:59 -0500

I have changed --prefix:PATH to my local path because I am using this
for me only and I don't have access to /usr/local/bin

Can you help me, please

pushpak
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:610: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:663: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:720: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:766: checking for working aclocal
configure:779: checking for working autoconf
configure:792: checking for working automake
configure:805: checking for working autoheader
configure:818: checking for working makeinfo
configure:853: checking whether to enable modal dialogs for applications
configure:874: checking whether to enable saveunders for pop-up menus
configure:895: checking whether to enable shape extensions
configure:919: checking whether to enable ActiveDown button state
configure:943: checking whether to enable Inactive button state
configure:967: checking whether to enable MiniIcon style option
configure:991: checking whether to enable vector button style
configure:1015: checking whether to enable pixmap button style
configure:1039: checking whether to enable gradient button style
configure:1063: checking whether to enable stacked button styles
configure:1087: checking whether to enable styled title-bars
configure:1111: checking whether to enable BorderStyle command
configure:1135: checking whether to enable UseDecor style option
configure:1159: checking whether to enable WindowShade function
configure:1183: checking whether to enable debugging messages
configure:1204: checking iconpath
configure:1231: checking for gcc
configure:1344: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:1360: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1386: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler
configure:1391: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1400: gcc -E conftest.c
configure:1419: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:1451: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:1472: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1532: checking for POSIXized ISC
configure:1554: checking for minix/config.h
configure:1564: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1560: minix/config.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 1559 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <minix/config.h>
configure:1607: checking for stdarg.h
configure:1617: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1646: checking for vfprintf
configure:1674: gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1706: checking for waitpid
configure:1734: gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1873: checking for c++
configure:1911: checking for c++
configure:1943: checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works
configure:1959: c++ -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lg++
configure: failed program was:

#line 1954 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main(){return(0);}

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

> for me only and I don't have access to /usr/local/bin

Use:  --without-cxx
on your configure line.  C++ is only used for one (or two?) of the
modules in the "extras" directory, and not needed for general purpose
fvwm.

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

 "Realize you should why a Jedi his lightsaber as a toothpick should not use!"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].