Subject: Re: FVWM: click on swallowed app?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:28:11 -0600

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 10:53:50AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi, All.
> 
> Quick question: Is there any way to tie an action to clicking on a
> swallowed app in FvwmButtons?

No. Older versions of the man page simply lie about it.

> I tried tying an action to a swallowed
> xload, but clicking on it seems to do nothing. I guess what is happening
> is that the click is getting passed on to the running app & not the button
> bar itself.

Exactly.

>Is there any way to get around this? 

Yes: write a patch :-) I tried to implement it, but I'm not good enough
a X programmer to get it working. I guess it would require to reparent
the swallowed applications in a window with the same size to do it, but
I don't dare to try.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alexandru Harsanyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:02:39 +0300 (EEST)

> > is that the click is getting passed on to the running app & not the button

All I managed to do is launch an application from an "xload button" by
selecting fwvm buttons and pressing the Enter key. I don't know it I'm
corect, but xload handles mouse click's itself while it does not handle
keypresses, so thay can be handled by fvwm.

Here is the code from my .fvwm2rc:

*FvwmButtons(3x2, Swallow XLoad 'Exec xload -bg \\\#667788 -nolabel &', \
	     Action "Exec xosview &")

Have fun,
alex.