Subject: FVWM: wierd color map problem (again)

From: Gary Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:46:16 -0400

About a month ago I sent a question to this list relating to a color
map problem that I was having.  I haven't gotten a reply of any sort
so I'm going to try again (I'm subscribed to the list this time so
there's no need to keep me in the cc: list, or any such garbage).

Basically, fvwm2 starts with some colors in the color map inverted.
That is, black and white, red and cyan, and blue and yellow1, and
others, are inverted.

Starting netscape -install and moving the cursor inside the netscape
window seems to fix the problems.

fvwm v1.24 and twm both are color map problem free.

The problem seems somehow related to X resources.  With an empty
.Xresources file, the color map (at least, according to xcolors)
appears to be fine.  Different nonempty .Xresources file produce
different inversions, however.

The particular machine I'm having problems with is a Sun Ultra 5
running Solaris 2.6.  The frame buffer is a mach64 derivative.  The
following is the contents of my .xserverrc:

DISPLAY=:0 mkcookie
X -auth $HOME/.Xauthority -dev /dev/fb0 dpix 72 dpiy 75 defclass TrueColor

I've built 2.2.2 on another solaris 2.6 machine, an ultra 1 with a
creator graphics card, and it works fine (that is, no color map
problems).

I'd file a bug report, but I don't know if this is a bona fide bug, or
if I'm just doing something dumb.  Your help is much appreciated.

-- 
					Gary Jackson
					[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].