Subject: FVWM: Fvwm does not move and resize windows

From: Alexandru Harsanyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:58:54 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I'm using fvwm for several years now and this problem seems to persist:

from time to time, fvwm refuses to move windows by draging the titlebar,
or resize them from the corners. I'm not able to reproduce the bug, (not
even sure if it's fvwm's fault) but it's there from 1.x versions. Now I'm
using fvwm2-2.2 and the problem is still here.

The only solution is to shotdown X and restart it. Restarting the window
manager, or switching to another WM does not solve the problem.

I heve seen this on many computer types, with many different linux
distributions, discussed the problem with the local gurus, and now I'm
asking the question on the fvwm list...

First I though it's a problem with the X server, but I have friends who
are using different window managers and they don't have this problem.

can anyone tell me what's wrong?

best regards,
alex.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:06:18 +0100

> manager, or switching to another WM does not solve the problem.

If you have the problem with other window managers then it is probably
not a bug with fvwm.

Just as a quick guess: do you ever press the NumLock or CapsLock key?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Alexandru Harsanyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 19:22:59 +0300 (EEST)

> Just as a quick guess: do you ever press the NumLock or CapsLock key?

Sorry for the silly quesion :). I didn't knew that NumLock is a modifier
like Control and Alt... Thanx for the answer.

Best Regards,
alex.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 20:12:09 -0600

> like Control and Alt... Thanx for the answer.

I have disabled my num-lock, caps-lock and scroll-lock keys completely
and have never missed them (a much more elegant way than ripping them
off the keyboard as I have seen several times :) ). You will find a
detailed description of what to do in the FAQ file that comes with fvwm
(docs directory).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].