Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmButtons

From: Ives Aerts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:46:22 +0200

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 01:19:14PM -0500, Robert H. Ford II wrote:
> Will there ever be an option to use gradient colors with
> FvwmButtons?

Yes please! I do hope that's something that could be considered.
FvwmButtons could look a *lot* better if you could add a gradiented
background to some buttons.

Cheers,
-Ives
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rainer Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:26:42 +0200 (MET DST)

> background to some buttons.

You can, it's just a little bit more work...

In my setup, I use "*FvwmButtonsPixmap" to specify a Background pixmap
for all the buttons.  This pixmap is simply a gradient created by
"bggen" (a progam that comes with "xv").

Hope this helps,
Rainer

---

From: Ives Aerts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:52:12 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 07:26:42PM +0200, Rainer Koehler wrote:
> In my setup, I use "*FvwmButtonsPixmap" to specify a Background
> pixmap for all the buttons.  This pixmap is simply a gradient
> created by "bggen" (a progam that comes with "xv").

Unfortunately, this only works if all your buttons have the same size,
doesn't it?

Cheers,
-Ives
______________________________________________________________________
Ives Aerts (R&D Software engineer)           Sony NSSE-Brussels
[email-masked]                       St.Stevens Woluwestr. 55
`To turn $100 into $110 is work. To turn     B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
 $100 million into $110 million is           PHONE : +32 2 724 86 11
 inevitable.'           (Edgar Bronfman)     FAX   : +32 2 724 86 88
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rainer Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:42:32 +0200 (MET DST)

> Unfortunately, this only works if all your buttons have the same
> size, doesn't it?

Well, all my buttons have the same size, so I simply don't know what
FvwmButtons does if the pixmap is too small or too large.  I guess it
will be truncated or repeated.  Just try it.

With an old version of FvwmButtons (before the ...Pixmap option was
introduced) I used some Button-Pixmpas with their own background.
Of course, it's even more work to create those things, and you have to
recreate them every time you decide to change the size of your
buttons...

Rainer