Subject: FVWM: Recapure

From: Jason Kibblewhite <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 05:00:37 -0600

well quicky question here.
I kinda like WindowMakers idea of reorginizing the icons in an icon box when
you move one out of the stack.  Well I noticed that recapute does this. 
However as can be expected it doesn't work as well as I'd like it to, eg when
there is an time when I want it to do what I stuck it in for it works just
fine.  But when I don't really need it it changes the order windows I have open
and usually ends up hiding the one I just deiconified.  Now I'm sure I read
something about reordering icons in the man page awhile ago but I am using the
latest cvs version and I can't find it anywhere if it is a feature at all.  So
basicly my question is there a better way to do this or should I just live with
one or the other?

Also bonus question.  I prefer to use icons rather then taskbar ot the like. 
However I can't quite find icons that I like most times as the shaped looks
nice but isn't terribly functional.  I assume there is no way to get fvwm to
stick some kind of tile back on the icons as per window maker style.  So I have
to taken to making my own icons with tiled backs on them.  I have yet to
incorperate this into my themes setup as I'm pretty sure loading a new style
file with different icons names will work here.  But do I have to make
different names for all of them or can I just set a new imagepath in the new
style file?  And also is there an easier way to go about this icon tile back
then what way I'm doing, like a script or something so I can quickly make new
themes?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 08:43:24 -0400

> basicly my question is there a better way to do this or should I just live wi

If you've been  on the mailing lists for  a while, you might have seen
recent discussion   of an enhancement   request along these  lines.  I
think I was in favor  of moving it  to "enchancement unlikely", partly
because I'd only   seen one request  for  the feature.    Its still in
"enhancements" as #124.

I read your comments as "I can sort of live without  it, but if it was
there I would use it"?

> then what way I'm doing, like a script or something so I can quickly make new

This is enhancement request #39 in our bug tracking system.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].