Subject: FVWM: repainting problem with menus?

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 19:41:07 +0000 ( )

If I use the mouse to launch the menus, they work fine.  But, if I use the
keyboard shortcuts (Alt-F{1,2,3}) to activate the menus, when I navigate
to the other entries in the menu (via the arrow keys), the top entry in
each menu (and sub-menu, IIRC) remains either fully-highlighted or gets
"separated" from the rest of the entries by a line that is the same color
as the highlight color.  This happens in 2.3.2.  I didn't try it on
snap-19990521, the latest snap I could grab.  I know it didn't happen in
2.2.x.

Thanks,
-jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 21:03:09 -0400

> snap-19990521, the latest snap I could grab.  I know it didn't happen in

2.3.2 is ancient history by now.

If you want to test alphas, (any 2.3.x release), you should subscribe
to and report problems on the fvwm-workers list.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:23:48 -0600

> snap-19990521, the latest snap I could grab.  I know it didn't happen in

2.3.2 is a particularly unfortunate version for reporting menu drawing
bugs. Nearly every line of the drawing code has been completely rewritten
between 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 :-) Could you verify that with a current development
snapshot? Don't use 2.3.3 - the cursor key navigation is broken there.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Jun 1999 11:06:41 -0500

>>>>> "j" == jason  <[email-masked]> writes:

j> I didn't try it on snap-19990521, the latest snap I could grab.

Why couldn't you grab any more recent snapshots?  They are built nightly
and the one you have is over two weeks old.

 - J<

---

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:28:26 +0000 ( )

> and the one you have is over two weeks old.

Looking back, that sentence is confusing.  I meant to say that I moved,
and that was the latest snap available when I canceled my net access.  
Right now, I'm nowhere near my Linux box, and it's really inconvenient for
me to download fvwm on the Windows machine here, run it over to my Linux
box, and test it out.

I had originally submitted bug reports within a day of 19990521, but they
never got through, it seems.  I figured that it might be worthwhile to
re-report 2-week old bugs, in case I was the only one to notice & report
them.

Anyway, since the development pace seems to be very rapid, I'll keep to
myself until I get net access from my Linux box.  Then, I will play with
the latest snaps and let you all know if I see anything funky.  :-)

-jason

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Jun 1999 11:34:41 -0500

>>>>> "j" == jason  <[email-masked]> writes:

j> I meant to say that I moved, and that was the latest snap available when
j> I canceled my net access.

Ah, OK; as the one who makes sure those archives are up, I just wanted to
make sure that there wasn't any kind of screwup that prevented those files
from being available.

 - J<