Subject: FVWM: Icon area for fvwm2?

From: Bruce Burden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 02:06:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

	What is the directive to create an icon box for the various
    windows in fvwm2? 

						Thanks,
							Bruce
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Bruce Burden            [email-masked]         Tandem Computers Inc.
  512-432-8944            Network Verification          14231 Tandem Blvd.
  Auto answer(4 rings)                                  Austin, TX 78726
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 17 Jun 1999 09:57:34 -0400

%% Regarding FVWM: Icon area for fvwm2?;
%% Bruce Burden <[email-masked]> writes:

  bb> What is the directive to create an icon box for the various
  bb> windows in fvwm2?

You can do it either through the builtin icon box, which really just
provides predefined space on the desktop to put icons; there's no
graphical box with scroll bars, etc.; see the fvwm2 man page and look
for IconBox.

Or you can do it with the FvwmIconBox module, which gives a real,
graphical box for icons.  See the FvwmIconBox man page.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:08:06 -0600

> graphical box with scroll bars, etc.; see the fvwm2 man page and look

Use a command like this:

  Style * IconBox +580 +964 +1279 +1023
                  ^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^
                   x1   y1   x2    y2

Where (x1 y1) is the top left corner of the box and (x2 y2) is the
lower right corner.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].