Subject: FVWM: Key Bindings ...

From: "Brian D. McGrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:39:09 -0700

Hi, All ...

    Quick question about key bindings (Yes, I've RTFM, and maybe I'm just
too thick, but I didn't find what I needed).

    I want to remap the keys on my right key pad (7-3).  On the Sun systems,
using CDE, this is done by changing the bindings on R11 through R19.  What I
can to do it make it so that when I hit the #7 on my right keypad, I will be
taken to +0+0.  When I hit the #9 key, I will be taken to +1024+0, #1 will
take me to +0+1024, and #3 will take me to +1024+1024.

    If this is doable, would someone please post the modification to the
.fvwm2rc to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Brian

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:11:28 +0200

> too thick, but I didn't find what I needed).

Hey, I hope you never got a 'RTFM' on this list.

> .fvwm2rc to accomplish this?

The keys are called KP_0 to KP_9 in X11. These are the names that are used
in fvwm too.

  Key KP_7 a n GotoPage 0 0

Should do (if I understood 'I will be taken to' correctly). Note that the
'KP' has to be upper-case.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:28:01 +0100

> .fvwm2rc to accomplish this?
fvwm can move the cursor only relative to it's current position but if
you just want to go to the corners and you don't use virtual pages then
it is possible.

CursorMove 100 100 will zoom the cursor into the corner (if you have
virtual pages then it will just move the viewport down and right by one
page).

You can bind this to the keypad with
Key KP_7 A A CursorMove -100 -100
Key KP_9 A A CursorMove 100 -100
Key KP_3 A A CursorMove 100 100
Key KP_1 A A CursorMove -100 100

Your keyboard may not work with KP_7 etc. If it doesn't try running xev
an seeing what it prints out when you hit #7 in it. I get 

KeyPress event, serial 17, synthetic NO, window 0x2000001,
    root 0x2a, subw 0x0, time 105397715, (142,-2), root:(1006,341),
    state 0x0, keycode 118 (keysym 0xffb7, KP_7), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 characters:  "7"

Cheers,
Tim.