Subject: FVWM: 'Restart'ing loses some windows off top of screen

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 01:30:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  I'm running 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 (19990521), and both exhibit the following
behavior (not seen in 2.2.x).  I have some programs that I stick at the
top of the screen, with the property 'Sticky'.  Three of them
(wmWeather, xmailbox, and pload) hang a little off the top of the screen
(i.e., if I 'Move' them, the geometry display shows that their
Y-coordinate is a small negative number).  Since they're shaped images, I
can't tell that they're hanging off the top, since the part that is
hanging off is transparent.

  Anyway, when I do a 'Restart', I lose all of these programs.  To
be sure, they're still running, but FvwmPager shows that they seem to be
stuck on the page below the current page, no matter which page I move to.

  I experimented by moving programs that weren't lost on previous
'Restart's until they had negative Y-coordinates, 'Restart'ed, and sure
enough they disappeared to the page below.

  I've found that if I modify .fvwm2rc to make these programs non-Sticky
(and appear in the WindowList), and then 'Restart', they are still Sticky
and do not appear in the WindowList.  The only way to get them back is to
kill off the programs by hand and relaunch them, or kill X and log back
in.  Sometimes I can use the FvwmWinList module to recover the missing
windows, but it does not work for all programs that are lost.  My current
workaround is to just not 'Restart' fvwm2.  :-)

Thanks for listening,
-jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].