Subject: Re: FVWM: documentation of fvwm

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 14:40:38 +0200

Sorry for not responding earlier.

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 10:45:30PM +0200, Ruth ROBINSON wrote:
> Is there a "user-friendly" book or manual somewhere that explains the
> different commands (e.g. goodstuff, the different values you can have in
> different columns, etc).

No, there is no such book, only the man pages which I would hardly call
user-friendly. Every module has its own man page.

> When I move the mouse from one place to the other on the screen the
> colors change: the pages in the background show a lot of color drain,
> how can I fix this problem.

Do you mean when you switch from window A to window B you lose some
colours and when you move back to A you don't get them back? If it's
this I have no idea. Which are the applications involved. But I think
it's more likely you are running applications with a private colour
map. The one example I can think of is netscape. When started with the
'-install' option it will use a private colour map. When the cursor
enters the netscape window the colours on the desktop will screw up.
This is no bug but what private colour maps are supposed to look like.
It's simply a last resort for desktops with too few available colours.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].