Subject: FVWM: Batch window processing?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:33:44 +0100

I'd like to be able to, e.g., iconise all Netscape windows (or xterms,
etc.).

  Is there currently a way of iterating 'Next'? Maybe even in a shell
script using FvwmCommand and/or PipeRead?

  I'm thinking along the lines of an 'All' sibling to Next/Prev, or maybe
even a paramter to WindowList ...

  Yes, I've looked in the FM :)

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 240 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-33 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:49:39 +0100

>   Yes, I've looked in the FM :)

The All command is not in version 2.2, it's in the current beta versions
and very handy it is too.  You'll probably want "All (Netscape*) Iconify
On"

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:54:50 +0200

> even a paramter to WindowList ...

I suggest you try using the 'All' sibling to Next/Prev ;-) It's
already there.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 12:18:02 +0100

> I suggest you try using the 'All' sibling to Next/Prev ;-) It's

  Some of us can't remote-CVS through our firewalls :-(

  However, I've just noticed the 2.3.1 tarball, so I'll fetch that!

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:27:52 +0200

>   However, I've just noticed the 2.3.1 tarball, so I'll fetch that!

Sorry, I thought it was in 2.2 already. Don't expect too much of
2.3.1. You're probably better off with today's snapshot.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 May 1999 12:26:03 -0500

>>>>> "NB" == Neil Bird <[email-masked]> writes:

NB> Some of us can't remote-CVS through our firewalls :-(

That's the reason a complete checkout from CVS (updated every three hours)
is on the FTP site.  You can mirror it and pretend you have CVS access.
(Well, you can't do nice things like cvs diff, but you can get the same
sources that the developers work with.)

It's also the reason a complete distribution is built out of CVS once per
day and placed on the FTP site.  Look in the devel subdirectory.

 - J<