Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 2.3.1 questions

From: Victor Vislobokov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:53:58 +0000

Hello all!

At first, I'm sorry for my bad English.

At second, I understand, that version 2.3.1 is beta. ;)

I have serveral problems.

1. When I press "Start" button in FvwmTaskBar, location of start menu
is wrong. This location must will be above TaskBar window. Instead
this, lower left corner of menu is position mouse cursor.

In fvwm 2.1.7, in my config file, construction

*FvwmTaskBarStartMenu StartMenu 0p -25p

worked fine. Lower left corner menu was been placed in +0-25 at
root window. In fvwm 2.2 and above, this construction not worked.

Follow construction

*FvwmTaskBarStartMenu StartMenu root 0p -25p

is not works.

Help me, please.

2. I defined StartMenu as

AddToMenu "[email-masked]@^#808080^"
+ ...

With these settings, background color of pixmap field must will be
#808080. However, I don't see it. Instead this, I see gray color of
background menu.

In fvwm 2.2 it worked fine. Where is problem? Help me, please.

With best wishes,
Victor Vislobokov

Perm, Russia.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:20:08 +0200

> At second, I understand, that version 2.3.1 is beta. ;)

No. It's important to understand that it's alpha.

> root window.

Don't take the 2.1.x releases too serious. The 'menu position' feature
was still under development back then. What you describe is not what I had
intended. If you leave out the context rectangle the default is the mouse
position. What you experience now is the correct behaviour.

> In fvwm 2.2 and above, this construction not worked.

> *FvwmTaskBarStartMenu StartMenu root 0p -25p

That one should work. Can you send me your complete TaskBar configuration?

> In fvwm 2.2 it worked fine. Where is problem? Help me, please.

Hmm, I'll have to try this at home.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 01:12:15 +0200

> Hmm, I'll have to try this at home.

The syntax has changed substantially since the 2.1.x betas. To get the
desired effect use

  *FvwmTaskBarStartMenu StartMenu root 0p o100-25p

The 'o100' means that the lower edge of the screen and the menu will
overlap before the -25p are applied. The syntax change was necessary
to make the position hint more versatile.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Victor Vislobokov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 06:14:18 +0000

Have good day, Dominik!

> No. It's important to understand that it's alpha.

    This alpha is too stable for alpha. ;)

> to make the position hint more versatile.

    Thank you! This is works fine. I hope, these changes well be write
to fvwm man page.

> Hmm, I'll have to try this at home.

    How to solve this problem?

With best wishes,
Victor Vislobokov
Perm, Russia

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:37:10 +0200

>     This alpha is too stable for alpha. ;)

Perhaps at the moment, but in the past few weeks there have been a lot
of evil bugs in there.

>     Thank you! This is works fine. I hope, these changes well be write

It *is* in the man page. Perhaps you are reading an old one?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:28:23 +0200

>     How to solve this problem?

I have fixed this bug. If you don't want to use the development code
you can set the side colour as a menu style:

  MenuStyle StartMenu SideColor #808080

Bye

Dominik ^_^