Subject: FVWM: disable screen saver?

From: Dave Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:33:09 -0700

I've noticed that when I run X with fvwm, my screen goes blank after a
period of inactivity.  Since I'm using fvwm with a touch screen and I
don't want to accidentally touch a button when I'm waking up the video,
I'd like to disable the screen saver.  I'm not sure if it's fvwm that is
causing this blanking to happen or not.  If anybody knows how to disable
the screen blanking, please let me know.

Thanks...

                   Dave

PS - I'm using Fvwm Ver 1.24r under Linux and Lynx.

--
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|      David Lawrence                         (650)833-7847 (W)       |
|      IntegriNautics Corporation             (650)833-7848 (Fax)     |
|      250 Cambridge Ave.                     (415)793-3980 (Cell)    |
|      Suite 204A                             (650)903-9877 (H)       |
|      Palo Alto, CA 94306-1504               [email-masked]  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 24 May 1999 23:41:23 -0400

%% Dave Lawrence <[email-masked]> writes:

  dl> I've noticed that when I run X with fvwm, my screen goes blank
  dl> after a period of inactivity.  Since I'm using fvwm with a touch
  dl> screen and I don't want to accidentally touch a button when I'm
  dl> waking up the video, I'd like to disable the screen saver.  I'm
  dl> not sure if it's fvwm that is causing this blanking to happen or
  dl> not.  If anybody knows how to disable the screen blanking, please
  dl> let me know.

It's not.  Window managers manage windows; screensavers blank the
screen.

>From the sound of it, you've just got the default X server screen
blanking enabled.

See the xset command for how to disable this (man xset).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:42:40 -0600

> See the xset command for how to disable this (man xset).

xset s off

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Adam Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 05:43:10 +0100

Quoting Dave Lawrence ([email-masked]):
>                                          If anybody knows how to disable

xset s off

(see man xset). And no, it has nothing to do with fvwm, it's a function of
the X server.

-- 
Adam Rice -- [email-masked] -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England