Subject: Re: FVWM: PopUp menu question

From: Doug Sheppard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:10:47 -0700

Ah, that's a good idea. But it still would be nicer to get all entries
at once somehow, because with the 'more' idea I need to hold the button
down while I go through each one...

-doug

> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 03:05:23PM -0700, Douglas Sheppard wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I have a Popup menu defined in my .fvwmrc and it has a ton of entries
> > (maybe 200). When I click my mouse button to get the menu, it is a
> > straight line down my screen that is only partially complete. How can
> > I get the Popup to do a multi-columned display so I can see all entries?
>
> Not at all. The last entry sould be named 'more...'. If you move the pointer
> over it you'll see the next page of entries.
>
> Bye
>
> Dominik ^_^
>
> --
> Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 01:59:43 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 04:10:47PM -0700, Doug Sheppard wrote:
> at once somehow,

That's right, but I'm not sure I will ever do it (I'm the menu guru
at the moment).

> because with the 'more' idea I need to hold the button

No, you don't. Simply use 'Menu' instead of 'Popup'. If you start
dragging without releasing the button it will work like a 'Popup'
menu, but if you simply click/release to bring up the menu it will
stay up. The 'more' entry has a '.' as hotkey, so if you hit the
period key repeatedly you can open the continuation menus fast.

Bye

Dominik ^_^