Subject: FVWM: Popup Menu

From: Local Echo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 04:26:31 -0600

Well having become a lazy soul and bored with reloading my menu file
every time I made a quick change like adding a new theme file, so  I
made a quick function to do that everytime the root menu is brought up.
However now the problem I have is that menu only stays up so long as I
hold down the mouse button.  It's not real big problem since I usually
do it this way anyway.  After checking through the man pages and docs I
haven't see anyone else do this or any better what to do this.  However
I am curious as to why it would do this and how I could go about fixing
it.  Here are the relevant parts of my config.

AddToFunc Menu
+               "I" Read .fvwm/menu
+               "I" Popup Utilities

Mouse 1         R       A       Function Menu
Mouse 2         R       A       Menu "Window-Ops" Nop
Mouse 3         R       A       WindowList NoGeometry

I am also running the latest cvs version as of this morning if this
makes any difference.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Adam L Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 04:43:53 +0100

>From the fvwm2 man page:

              Popup differs from Menu in that pop-ups do not stay
              up  if the user simply clicks.  These are Twm style
              popup-menus, which are a little hard on the  wrist.
              Menu  provides  Motif  or  Microsoft-Windows  style
              menus which will stay up on a  click  action.   See
              menu   for   an   explanation  of  the  interactive
              behaviour of menus.

I think you should use 

+		"I" Menu Utilities

and you'll get the behaviour you expect.

-- 
Adam Rice -- [email-masked] -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England