Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager help

From: hot buttered fungus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

I actually need *less* functionality from FvwmPager. I prefer a simple array
of plain buttons for a pager-- no outlines or icons denoting windows. The 
pager that comes with Gnome is essentially what I want, but I don't want to
run E or AfterStep just to use it. I've fiddled with different values of 
colors for Fore/Back/Hifore/Hiback/etc., but it just doesn't quite accomplish
what I'm looking for. I want all the panes to have one default color, and the
current active pane to have a different color. No other adornments. Well,
slight beveling would be nice.

Randy
-- 
[email-masked]

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 01:44:40 +0200

> slight beveling would be nice.

Then you should use FvwmButtons, not FvwmPager. You can easily define
buttons looking the way you like there. E.g.:

  *FvwmButtons(Title Desk 1, Action 'GotoDesk 0')
  *FvwmButtons(Title Desk 2, Action 'GotoDesk 1')
  *FvwmButtons(Title Desk 3, Action 'GotoDesk 2')
  *FvwmButtons(Title Desk 4, Action 'GotoDesk 3')

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 09:21:43 +0200

>   *FvwmButtons(Title Desk 4, Action 'GotoDesk 3')

Hello,

This a very good idea that I tried at once !
(Desk 0 x seems better than GotoDesk x :o).
However, this leads me to a problem:
How can I use *Two* FvwmButtons (which can be 
started/killed independently) ? One for starting 
applications and the other for the above "pager".
Sorry if this question is a FAQ.

Olivier

---

From: Brian Servis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 09:45:44 -0500 (EST)

*- On 29 May, Olivier Chapuis wrote about "Re: FVWM: FvwmPager help"
> Sorry if this question is a FAQ.

man FvwmButtons

       To use FvwmButtons with several different  configurations,
       you  can  invoke  FvwmButtons  with an optional parameter,
       which it will use as its name instead (e.g  "Module  Fvwm
       Buttons  SomeButtons").   SomeButtons  will then read only
       the lines in the configuration file starting with  "*Some
       Buttons", and not the lines belonging to FvwmButtons.

       You can also specify an optional configuration file to use
       instead of the default fvwm configuration file, by  giving
       a  second argument which is a filename. This will override
       the setting "*FvwmButtonsFile", see below.

-- 
Brian 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanical Engineering                              [email-masked]
Purdue University                   http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 12:25:16 -0400

> (Desk 0 x seems better than GotoDesk x :o).

	Ah, right. This depends on which version of FVWM you're using. The Desk
command has been renamed to GotoDesk in the current development sources
(for consistency with the GotoPage command); so if you use one of the
newer development snapshots, or the next major release, you should use
GotoDesk. Otherwise (for 2.2 and earlier), the command you need is Desk.
So, you're both right.

- Bob