Subject: FVWM: The size and Poosition of windows in FVWM2

From: "Sergei Gerasenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 22:58:37 -0400

Hi everybody,
In FVWM2, is there any way to restrict the size of all windows produced by
any application to a certain size and position? You'll tell me "use a
geometry setting." Well, certainly geometry works but only for the initial window.
What about all the other windows further produced by an application? My card
supports only 640x480 and if I, for example, use Netscape in Linux ( with
any window manager), the initial window obeys to the geometry I specify, but
the rest are somtimes so huge that they don't fit in my house:-) Same about
Word Perfect. Same about other stuff. In twm there is an option called
MaxWIndowSize, but what about FVWM? I've also tried KDE and I had the same
problem. It's especially annoying when I can't see "O.K" "Cancel" buttons at
the bottom of a window because it's too huge or because the task bar covers
that portion. You'll tell me "Use autohide", but I don't want to use
autohide and I don't want to use virtual screens. I just want my windows to
fit in one screen above the task bar.
Thanx,
    Sergei

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 May 1999 23:48:59 +0200

Until it is fixed, you might wish to bind a key to Maximize so that
you can easily make windows smaller to fit the screen.

Despite its name, Maximize can make windows smaller, too: if they're
larger than the size specified in the Maximize command.

Um, I haven't actually tried this with fvwm, but I'd be surprised if
it didn't work.

kai
-- 
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 13:40:11 +0200

> Um, I haven't actually tried this with fvwm, but I'd be surprised if

It does.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].