Subject: FVWM: Re: How to scroll only when moving windows and not otherwise?

From: Josip Gracin <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Apr 1999 10:26:16 +0200

Hello!

I've upgraded my ancient fvwm2-2.0.46 to 2.1.10 and in the changelog file
I've found the following entry:

	* fvwm/move.c (moveLoop): fixed bug: moving windows over page
	boundaries not possible if EdgeScroll 0 0 was used.

So, that explains everything. :-)  Problem fixed.  Thanks to everybody who 
responded!

P.S. I'm aware of fvwm 2.2 but installing it would require some major
changes to my Debian system.

Best regards,
-- 
| Josip Gracin
| Zagreb, Croatia
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Apr 1999 01:50:59 -0400

%% Josip Gracin <[email-masked]> writes:

  jg> P.S. I'm aware of fvwm 2.2 but installing it would require some major
  jg> changes to my Debian system.

Weird... in what way does 2.2 involve "major changes" which aren't also
involved in installing 2.1.10?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Josip Gracin <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Apr 1999 15:48:59 +0200

Hi Paul!

> involved in installing 2.1.10?

In Debian, fvwm 2.2 requires X version 3.3.2.3 and I'm presently at X
3.3.1.  Actually, not a big deal but I just don't have the time for
downloading the necessary packages with my 1.44k modem right now.

Regards,

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Apr 1999 10:53:30 -0400

>> involved in installing 2.1.10?

  jg> In Debian, fvwm 2.2 requires X version 3.3.2.3 and I'm presently
  jg> at X 3.3.1.  Actually, not a big deal but I just don't have the
  jg> time for downloading the necessary packages with my 1.44k modem
  jg> right now.

Oh, you mean the debian package for 2.2.  You could always get the
source tarball for 2.2 and build it yourself, you know (I assume that's
how you installed 2.1.10?)