Subject: FVWM: making a window unmovable

From: "Araujo, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:01:51 -0400

i would like to start netscape as a full screen window that cannot be moved
or resized but i would also like any child windows that netscape spawns to
*be* movable *and* resizable.  i can start it full screen with -geometry and
specify 'Style "Netscape" NoHandles, NoTitle, BoundaryWidth 0'  but this
makes all the child windows unmoveable too.  is there a way to do what i
want using the fvwm config file?  if i can't do it through the config file,
could i modify the fvwm source or would i have to modify netscape?  i am
using version 1.23b but i could upgrade if i need to.

thanks in advance :)

Scott Araujo
Boundless Technologies
[email-masked]
(516) 342-7458

Time flies like the wind.  Fruit flies like bananas.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 08:40:05 -0400

> using version 1.23b but i could upgrade if i need to.

You don't need handles, frames and the like to move or resize windows.
Do something like:

Key F7		A	M	Move
Key F8		A	M	Resize

(Meta F7/F8 anywhere move and resize windows)

> begin 600 winmail.dat
> M>)\^(CD,`0:0"``$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y`0```````#H``$(@`<`

...

I don't think you really wanted to send this.  I know I didn't want
to receive it.

> *<RYC;VT^``"/>@==
> `
> end

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 13:45:54 +0100

> using version 1.23b but i could upgrade if i need to.

  /What/ is vn. 1.23b??

  I'm using NS 4.51 - I use 'Style "Navigator" ...' (the window's class,
from xprop), not 'Netscape': it doesn't affect the popups. That might
afford you a little more control.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 270 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-63 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].