Subject: Re: FVWM: Q: Dynamic Bind of Menu Items to Keys?

From: David Forrest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Dan,

 I was using an earlier version 2.0.46, and I could not find any reference
to the hotkey on the http://www.fvwm.org/fvwm2.html man page which seems
to match the 2.0.46 release. I just installed version 2.2, and its manpage
does have hotkeys.  Is someone updating the official page?  If not I ran
the manpage through man2html to get:

http://bootp-6-214.bootp.virginia.edu/~drf5n/fvwm2.html

which is more current than the posted one.

Thanks,

Dave.
-- 
 Dave Forrest                                [email-masked]
 (804)-979-8634             http://www.people.virginia.edu/~drf5n/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:10:42 -0400

> which is more current than the posted one.

Jason,

  Dave is right, our online fvwm2 man page is seriously out of date.
I know the script I wrote to generate this stuff is a little primitive.

  I'll see if I can't put something a little cleaner together, if
you promise to run it...

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 1999 12:22:27 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> Dave is right, our online fvwm2 man page is seriously out of date.

Hmmm.  I rebuild these things for every new release, but it seems I left
out the main page (!).

#!/usr/local/bin/zsh

for i in FvwmAudio FvwmAuto FvwmBacker FvwmBanner FvwmButtons FvwmCpp FvwmForm FvwmIconBox FvwmIconMan FvwmIdent FvwmM4 FvwmPager FvwmRearrange FvwmSave FvwmSaveDesk FvwmScroll FvwmTalk FvwmWinList; do ../docs/run_man2html.sh $i;done

for i in ../NEWS ../TODO ../FAQ; do ../docs/txt2html.sh $i;done

This will need updating for new modules, of course.

I'll check out the 2.2 branch and rebuild this.

BTW, the worst part of man2html is that the manpage has to be installed
before it works.  This isn't a terribly big deal for me but it is annoying.

DE> I'll see if I can't put something a little cleaner together, if you
DE> promise to run it...

If you feel like it.

 - J<