Subject: FVWM: creeping FvwmWinList

From: "John R. Comeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:30:26 -0700 (PDT)

My FvwmWinList tends to creep off the window to the left.  I place it
so that it's right on the edge of the screen.  Then I look later and
it has moved left and is 1/4 the way off the screen.  I'm not sure
what makes it move.  Maybe when there are long titles that have to get
truncated.  I am supplying a min and max width.  Can anyone tell me
how to fix this?  My configuration is below:

*FvwmWinListBack #c0b0c0
*FvwmWinListFore Black
*FvwmWinListFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1,Focus,Raise
*FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify
*FvwmWinListAction Click3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList
*FvwmWinListGeometry +0-120
*FvwmWinListFocusBack yellow
*FvwmWinListMinWidth 120
*FvwmWinListMaxWidth 120

Oh yeah, that FvwmWinListFocusBack doesn't seem to work as advertised
either.  I don't see any yellow.

Thanks,
John
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 30 Apr 1999 14:45:13 -0400

Lots of "creeping window" fixes were made in FVWM 2.2; please specify
what version you're using.  Also please provide info on the system
you're using and any other information you think is useful in a bug
report.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "John R. Comeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:25:22 -0700 (PDT)

Paul> Lots of "creeping window" fixes were made in FVWM 2.2;
    Paul> please specify what version you're using.  Also please
    Paul> provide info on the system you're using and any other
    Paul> information you think is useful in a bug report.

My mistake.  I'd previously had a 2.0 version of fvwm installed and
had a ModulePath line in my .fvwm2rc pointing to the old module
directories.  So when I thought I was running all 2.2 modules, I was
really running the old stuff.  I'm sure the problems will go away now.

-John

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 30 Apr 1999 16:00:45 -0400

%% "John R. Comeau" <[email-masked]> writes:

  jrc> So when I thought I was running all 2.2 modules, I was really
  jrc> running the old stuff.  I'm sure the problems will go away now.

Heh :)

Well, I'm not _SURE_ but there's a much better likelihood.

If you still see problems let us know.