Subject: FVWM: fvwm, Xlib and window placement

From: Walt Bigelow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:05:55 +0000

Hello,

I am writing a Xlib application that needs to take over the entire
screen (or at least a virtual desktop).  I specify my window size the
same as the screen size (1600x1200) and I also specify a origion of x,
y.  When fvwm sees that I want to place a window that big, it requires
me to manually place it.

My question is:  are there any WMHints that you have not documented that
I can pass to the WM to force it to place my window at 0,0 (upper left)
and require the whole screen?  I currently am using PropMotifWmHints
which I pass a 0L flag for window decorations, and the decorations go
away as expected.  (I'm not using motif btw, but I found the struct on
the net somewhere.)  I would like to do the same with window placement.

I'm running fvwm 1.24r on redhat linux 5.1.

Any insight is greatly appricated.

Walt
[email-masked]

p.s. I'm not on the list so a cc to me would be great!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].