Subject: FVWM: MouseFocus not working in Redhat 5.2 Linux FVWM

From: Ric Steinberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:06:00 -0700

I'm using the FVWM version 2 that is distributed with Redhat
Linux 5.2.  It works great, but I cannot get mouse focus to happen.
I've changed the setting in the system.fvwm2rc file (wanting the change
to be global).  The appropriate line is now something like:

Style '*' MouseFocus

I have restarted fvwm2, but it always comes up in Click to Focus.
Can anyone please help with this?  I would love for fvwm2 on my Linux
box to work like it does on my Solaris system.  Thanks in advance to all

who reply.  Please CC/email me on all responses.....

regards,

Ric Steinberger                   Email: [email-masked]
Director of IT                    Phone: 650.859.4300
SRI Consulting                    web: www.isl.sri.com/~ric
333 Ravenswood Ave                FAX:   650.859.2986
Menlo Park CA 94025               Mobile phone: 650.465.0093

---

From: Lee Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Apr 1999 09:33:45 +0100

> to be global).  The appropriate line is now something like:

The RedHat 5.1 and 5.2 comes set up to look like Win95 all done by means
of an m4 preproccessed rc file and the system.fvwm2 (I presume you mean
the one in /etc/X11/fvwm2/) has nothing to do with it. You have to hack
around with th stuff in /etc/X11/AnotherLevel/*.m4 to change
anything. Personally I've never liked the 95 look anyway and I've
changed my .xinitrc and .Xclients stuff to run a more 'normal' looking
fvwm.

You should also look at the fvwm FAQ before asking questions like this
...

http://www.fvwm.org/FAQ.html

Specifically, question 3.1 :)

HTH
Lee.
-- 
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...  
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].