Subject: FVWM: help with FVWMDIR, fvwm95

From: Ross Yahnke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:22:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hi - I installed fvwm2 v2.2 and it runs sort of but there are problems.

The last line of my .xinitrc file is:
	RunWM.Fvwm95

It all starts up, a ps shows:
	fvwm2 -cmd FvwmM4 -debug /etc/X11/AnotherLevel/fvwm2rc.m4

However no button bar or pager appears. .FVWM2-errors sez:
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'FvwmTaskBar' in ModulePath 'FVWMDIR/'
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'FvwmButtons' in ModulePath 'FVWMDIR/'

Looking around it appears FVWMDIR isn't getting set correctly. Looking at
the /tmp/fvwm2rcaXXXXX files generated, ModulePath isn't getting set. It's
supposed to be:
ModulePath	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2/

...but instead it is just:
ModulePath	FVWMDIR/

So I'm wondering since I installed fvwm2 as root, is there a directory
access problem now that I'm trying to run it as joe user? 

How is FVWMDIR supposed to be set? I tried setting it as an environment
var in .bash_profile but that didn't help.

There's the line in fvwm2rc.m4 that talks about defineing the
FVWM_USER_MODULE_PATH "...the only file the casual user needs to worry
about..." What am I supposed to be doing here?

What if any .fvwm2rc file might I need in my home dir to run fvwm95?

Thanks for any pointers you can give me!

- Ross

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].