Subject: FVWM: FvwmAnimate

From: Local Echo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:40:11 -0700

Is it possible to get FvwmAnimate to animate iconification if you have
NoIcon set?  Such as to FvwmTaskBar or FvwmIconBox or FvwmIconMan.  say
like if I swallow FvwmIconMan into a FvwmButtons so I have a pseudo
taskbar but the window frames animate?

--
 Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:32:17 -0500

> taskbar but the window frames animate?

Yes it would be possible, but source code changes would be required.

The problem is that only the "NoIcon" modules (FvwmIconMan, etc.)
know where the other end of the animation is.  Until those
modules are changed, FvwmAnimate only has 1/2 the information it
would need.

Until we come up with a motivated developer that likes animation
and wants to use one of the "NoIcon" modules, and has the time,
this project is pending.

This has been mentioned before, but just so we don't loose track
of this issue, I've added this request to the fvwm2 bug tracking
database.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].