Subject: FVWM: Weird move-window behavior on Digital Alpha

From: Henrik Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:04:55 +0100 (MET)

I have compiled and installed the fvwm2.2 on a Digital Alpha
successfully, but I experience weird thing while using the WM. 

One problem is that when I try to move a window the window will
(instantly) jump down about 200-300 pixels. The window can then only be
moved in the *x*-direction, and then exactly the same amount as I move the
mouse-pointer in the *y*-direction. The window wont move in
the*y*-direction at all, except for the initial 200-300 pixel jump. The
pointer's x-position is not used at all. Also, when I click any of the
mouse buttons, the first pop-up menu is always displayed. 

To me it seems that the mouse-pointers x-position is overwritten by the
y-position. Could this be because of a type casting error? I am rookie on
X11 programming, but I think I have tracked some of the problems. For
instance, the values of x_root & y_root in structure XMotionEvent seems to
be really messed up. I found this problem in fvwm/move.c in methods
moveLoop(), InteractiveMove() etc.

The platform I am running fvwm on is a Digital Alpha (I actually have
tried on several different Digital Alpha's) with Digital Unix & a
in-house compile FVWM version 2.2. On Sun Solaris fvwm works just fine.

I would be glad if someone could send me a precompiled alpha-version of
fvwm2 (or fvwm95).

Thanks alot

Henrik Bengtsson

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:58:14 +0100

> moveLoop(), InteractiveMove() etc.

Strange. Could you give us the offending lines with some context and
line numbers? What exactly is messed up there?

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].