Subject: FVWM: IconFill ordering

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:25:09 +0000

Um. In the man page, it says "

                                 By default the direction is left
          to  right, then top to bottom.  This would be expressed
          as:

               IconFill left bottom

  Is that right? Does 'left' mean "LEFT to right" and 'bottom' mean "top
to BOTTOM"?

  I'm confused. I'll have to go and have several restarts now to find out
which direction is meant.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 281 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-74 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:40:05 +0100

> which direction is meant.

I'd guess this means the screen is filled in this order:

+--+--+--+--+
| 9| ...... |
+--+--+--+--+
| 5| 6| 7| 8|
+--+--+--+--+
| 1| 2| 3| 4|
+--+--+--+--+

So the manpage seems not to be consistent.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:12:43 +0000

> I'd guess this means the screen is filled in this order:

  It *looks* like it's actually the other way around - IconFill specifies
the destination edge, not the source edge. But I can't really tell since
Netscape, the one I'm try to use with it, is having a bit of a fit. Using:

Style "Navigator"       IconBox 54x54+941+0, IconBox -54 -1 -1 0, \
                        StartsOnPage 1 0, IconFill left top

  ... I get my first nav. window up in the geom. bit (where I leave it
'docked'). The next goes bottom right, as I'd expect (if IconFill works
'backwards'). Then any other ones get dumped on top of each other around
(not necessarily in exactly the same spot, but overlapping) the /top-left/
of the specified box.

  I'll try this later with another, 'safer' app ...