Subject: FVWM: focus and raise?

From: "Philip H. Jensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:18:30 -0500 (EST)

I'm using fvwm2 as setup by RedHat 5.1, i.e. fvwm2.0.46, i.e. not the
latest greatest version.  So the answer may be in part that I should
get 2.2, which would be fine...

Anyway, they bind
	Key Tab A M Next [CurrentScreen *] Focus

which is fine, but what I would like is
	Key Tab A M Next [CurrentScreen *] Focus-and-Raise

except that the latter is not a primitive, and my attempts to create
a user-defined function for the purpose have failed (tending merely
to turn Alt/Tab into a no-op).

Is this possible?  I don't really want auto-raising, because occasionally
I may want to have focus in a partially obscured window.

  thanks,
  Phil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan D Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:10:51 -0600

The following function should do the trick:

AddToFunction Focus-and-Raise  "I" Focus
+	      "I"	       Raise