Subject: FVWM: How to get Window ID from Window Name ?

From: Stephane Rosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:27:09 +0100

Hi,

I'm using 2.1.5 and I would like to use WarpToWindow in the
following way :

AddToFunc WarpFocusRun
+       "I"     Next [$0 CirculateHit] echo $w
+       "I"     Next [$0 CirculateHit] WindowId $w WarpToWindow 80 80
+       "I" None [$0] $1

The goal would have been to warp the pointer on a window
given it's name, but of course it doesn't work because $w
expands to the ID of the incoming window, not to the ID
of the window that matches the condition.

Any hint ?

I thought of getting the window id by something like :

Exec xwininfo -name $0 | awk '/^x/{print $4}'

but then I don't know how to get the result in a
variable that I could use in WindowID ... WarpToWindow.

Thanks,
Stephane

-- 
##############################################################
SILICON GRAPHICS            EUROPEAN NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER
##############################################################

Stephane Rosa                     NOC :     +41 (0)32 843-3592
Silicon Graphics                  Tel :     +41 (0)32 843-3638
ENOC Administrator                Fax :     +41 (0)32 843-3909
                                  GSM :     +41 (0)79 448-5335
                                 SMTP :      [email-masked]
                                 HTML :     http://www.sgi.com
--------------------------------------------------------------
irc.stealth.net     Euro-IRCNet   IRC :     Clipper on #geneva
ircnoc.neu.sgi.com  SGI Intranet  IRC :  EuroAdmin on #EuroNOC
==============================================================

        "Problems never exist, there are 
                          only pending solutions"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:36:58 -0500 (EST)

> of the window that matches the condition.

How about:

AddToFunc WarpFocusRun \
  "I"	Next [$0 CirculateHit] WarpToWindow 80 80

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

       "I suggest a new strategy, R2:  Let the Wookiee win." -- C-3PO