Subject: FVWM: Lost X output

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:22:08 +0000

Since installing 2.2, I've noticed that all output from X apps. (e.g.,
reasons for death, etc.) have stopped going to /dev/console. I do get
other stuff coming out on my xterm -C, includingh echo hello >
/dev/console, but nothing from apps. launched from fvwm.

  It's also worth noting that I'm now running from the 'CDE' login under
Solaris 2.5.1, whereas previously I was running from a command-line login
under 2.4.

  Next time I log out, I'll try the command-line login again, just in
case, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 288 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-81 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:54:22 +0000

> case, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

  That's what it is. Does anyone know how to get my fvwm/X output 'back'?

---

From: Rainer Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:12:38 +0100 (MET)

>   That's what it is. Does anyone know how to get my fvwm/X output

On my Sun Ultra 1 with Solaris 2.6, CDE redirects the output to a file
in ~/.dt/sessionlogs.  The file name depends on machine and display
name, but it should be easy to find :-)

Rainer

---

From: [email-masked] (Brian Barrick)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:37:24 -0800 (PST)

> case, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

Check your $HOME/.dtprofile file.  There is probably a line that looks
like this:

export dtstart_sessionlogfile="/dev/null"

Above this should be some comments explaining that application output
will be sent to the above file.  Changing "/dev/null" to "/dev/console"
should redirect the application output to your console (after you
restart).

	- Brian