Subject: FVWM: Problem with ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick

From: Dan D Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:24:02 -0600

I use:

GlobalOpts ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick 
Style "*"	ClickToFocus

Which works as I would expect in most windows.  The way it works in
windows that never receive focus seems odd.

My FvwmPager never receives focus.  With ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick
set I click on the FvwmPager window once, and nothing happens (Focus
is still on the previous window).  When I click on the FvwmPager
window a second time, it does what it should.

It almost seems like  ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick has its own idea
of what window has focus.

Any ideas on fixing this.

Dan D Niles

P.S. If it makes any difference, I am using Fvwm 2.2.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 00:37:34 +0200

> of what window has focus.

Can you elaborate on your setup? What is the style of your pager?
You can't have windows that 'never receive focus' a 'neverfocus'
option has been in discussin but postponed until after the great
style flag rewrite. This explains everything for me. You told
the pager to be ClickToFocus. You focus it by clicking on it.
The click is swallowed because of the global option. The next
click goes to the pager. Why do you say the pager does not get
the focus?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].