Subject: FVWM: Two questions

From: Perttu K K Muurimaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:18:01 +0300 ( )

I have fvwm2 running on my home-linx and now I've started to use it at the
university too. They are running Solaris-unix with CDE-desktop
environment. With only suprisingly few problems I got fvwm2 running on top
of CDE, but tuning is hell. Problem: How do I tell the desktop to use it's
functions from a menu? When I quit fvwm2 CDE remains and I have no idea
how to launch the quit CDE session function.

Another (minor) thing. How can I launch an application on some random
page, go back to do what I was doing and the application would appear on
the page it was iniated. And I don't mean startsonpage -thing, because I'd
like it to work on any undetermined application and page.

Hopefully someone can help.

TIA 

-perttu-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:36:55 +0100

> how to launch the quit CDE session function.

  I don't know about running fvwm2 /on top of/ CDE - I'm suprised
*anything* works! I personally select 'OpenWindows' login  from the CDE
login menu, and have my .xinitrc start up fvwm2 instead of olwm.

> like it to work on any undetermined application and page.

  Um. There may be an easy way to do this, but off the top of my head you
may have to do something tricky in a (csh/sh) script (using PipeRead)
like:

#!/bin/csh
# StartApp <pagex> <pagey> <app>

FvwmCommand 'Style "'$3'" StartsOnPage '"$1 $2"
toolwait $argv[3-]
FvwmCommand 'Style "'$3'"'

  'Cept that won't work as-is 'cos it'll clear (?) that app.'s Style
settings ...

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 276 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-69 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].