Subject: FVWM: more and more questions

From: Bob van der Poel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:09:34 -0700

Opps, I knew there more questions :).

In my fvwm95rc I had the following:

	Key F25 A N Popup "StartMenu" +4 -24  # left window key
	Key F26 A N Popup "Window" -16 +16    # right window key
	Key F27 A N Popup "Utilities" +4 -24  # start key 

I changed this so that Popup is Menu, and verified the menu names. But
it seems that fvwm2 doesn't know about F25-27?

-------

Is there a way to bind something to the print-screen, Pause and
Scoll-lock keys on a PC keyboard?

---------

How would I bind a key to focus the FvwmButtons? Sometimes this gets
hidden under windows and it'd be nice to hit something to pop it to the
top.

Enuf for now---thanks!

-- 
   __
  /  )      /         Bob van der Poel
 /--<  ____/__        [email-masked]
/___/_(_) /_)         http://www.kootenay.com/~bvdpoel

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:09:27 +0200

> Scoll-lock keys on a PC keyboard?

You may have to modify your Xmodmap. I can't give you a detailed
description, but use the xmodmap command to modify it. Make sure
the keys are bound to something (xkeycaps can help too). To bind
The scroll lock key may be mapped as a modifier. You can't bind
to modifiers, so you'll have to remove the corresponding entry
in the Xmodmap to make that work.

> hidden under windows and it'd be nice to hit something to pop it to the

Key <some key> A N Next (FvwmButtons) Function RaiseAndFocus
AddToFunc RaiseAndFocus
 + I Raise
 + I Focus

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:25:58 -0500

> In my fvwm95rc I had the following:
            ^^
Wrong mailing list or configuration file name.
This is the fvwm2 mailing list.

> it seems that fvwm2 doesn't know about F25-27?
                    ^

Make up your mind, fvwm2, or fvwm95?

On my type 4 Sun keyboard under Solaris 2.6, the keys F25,6,and 7
are keypad divide, keypad multiply, and there is no F27.

Anyway, fvwm2 will use them if they exist.  Use xkeycaps to verify
that they exist and to check which keys they are on.

> Scoll-lock keys on a PC keyboard?

Should be no problem.  Find out which keysym they generate, bind
the key.  If they don't currently generate a keysym, find the keycode
and use xmodmap to assign a keysym.

> hidden under windows and it'd be nice to hit something to pop it to the

Write a function like this:

AddToFunc Warp "I" Next [$0] Iconify -1
+	       "I" Next [$0] WarpToWindow 24p 24p
+              "I" None [$0] Beep

then bind a key like this:

Key Return R N Warp FvwmButtons

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].