Subject: Re: FVWM: Found another bug in FVWM 2.2

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 01:22:06 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:00:36 +0100
From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FVWM: Found another bug in FVWM 2.2
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Mutt 0.93.1i
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>; from Dan D Niles on Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 09:37:38AM -0600

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 09:37:38AM -0600, Dan D Niles wrote:
> 
> I am using version 2.2, as indicated in the subject.  Guess I should have
> added that in the body also.

Drats, I didn't see it.

> 5 is modifier 5, which I have bound to that useless Window's 95 key.
> The C option does work, except for this one instance.  Perhaps they
> didn't get everything fixed from version 2.1.10.

'Them' is me in this case :) I did fix the problem in 2.1.10 or
we wouldn't have released 2.2.

> Did you try the bindings listed or did you just assume that I was an
> idiot because you couldn't understand my message?  Why not try the
> bindings for yourself, use another modifier if 5 is too exotic for
> you.

I used 'S' instead of '5' but otherwise just pasted the lines from
the mail into my .fvwm2rc. It worked perfectly well. BTW, I *never*
think of people who report bugs as idiots. I take 'customer'
satisfaction very seriously. If someone reports something one could
call 'stupid' we probably have a problem with our documentation. So
in the end it's almost always our fault. On the other hand I can only
guess if a reporter is an expert or newbie so I often ask questions
that may seem stupid in the other direction.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

----- End forwarded message -----

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].