Subject: FVWM: New configuration package!

From: awol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:59:58 -0600

Just finished it.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
## Readme for awol's configuration package for Fvwm 2.2
#  last updated circa 10th March 1999
#  Website http://www.dove.net.au/~awol/fvwm2
#--------------------------------------------------------------------

This package contains directories and files for the latest "stable"
release of the Fvwm window manager. Earlier versions of fvwm may
produce unpredictable results when used with this package.

All files are easily modifiable, and some have comments included
to assist the user. Not all. I'll keep adding to the TIPS file
as I think of them.

Most of this package has been "hacked" from other sources.
I've tried to keep the original author's name intact
where possible. If I've forgotten or erased anyone, it is
not intentional. Let me know, and I'll correct it.

I originally put this together in a fit of boredom, over a
couple of weeks last xmas. It may have lots of mistakes
and may screwup your system. Consider yourself pre-warned!
But then again.... it might work perfectly! (I hope it does.)
To gain all the features of this configuration the x server
must be started as root. All xterms must therefore have '-e login'
option appended.
The user should be able to easily change from my own customised
decor (the default), to Win95 decor, to Mwm decor, to AfterStep
decor, and now a new DrWho theme, by simple menu choices. More
decors will be added at some future date. Individual windows
can change decors just as easily. Backgrounds can be pre-defined
or entered "on the fly". Different sounds accompany different decors
using the builtin-rplay support in FvwmEvent. Some sample sounds
for this configuration are also available for download.

The whole configuration is section-ized (I dislike the term
modularised since it could be easily confused with Fvwm's modules),
and "Read"s extra configuration commands as needed.
Each decor has different Fvwm module configurations so button
bars change also. Menus likewise. Different sections are in
corresponding directories for easy modification.
I've only just started tidying this up, and since I only have
an old 486dx33 it may take some time to finish. Hopefully
I'll upgrade before the end of the year. Since I've only got
a resolution of 800x600 and 256 colors to work with, some settings
may need adjusting such as window sizing etc...

Feel free to email me with any problems you encounter.
I can't promise to have all the answers, but I'll give it a try.
Alternatively, the fvwm mailing-list is invaluable for advice
and help with difficulties. ([email-masked])

At some stage I'll add to this and include MacOS and
enlightenment features and any others I like.
I hope you both enjoy AND find this package useful.

Alex Wallis  [email-masked]

--
[email-masked] or...http://awol.mtx.net.au
but usually on EFNET IRC.... but I'm pretty much awol there as well...
awol shrugs...."If all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a
nail."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].