Subject: FVWM: FVWM2-2.2 Compiling Errors

From: Christopher Wiley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:38:59 -0600

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this compile error. I am
not that familiar with the code behind FVWM2 but am very familiar with
Unix C programming. I am making the assumption that this will compile
without requiring me to tweek with the code. I am currently running
RedHat 5.1 on a AMD/133.  I am also running FVWM 2.2 that I installed
from the RPM I found on
RedHat's RPM depository site.  Before I could get this going I had to
update many other packages.  I wanted to recompile the source to have
the Icon/shaped Icon feature.     Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! -Chris

Here's the error:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c colormaps.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c colors.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c complex.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c decorations.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c events.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c focus.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c functions.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g
-O2 -c fvwm.c \
        -DFVWMRC=\".fvwm2rc\" \
        -DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.2\" \
        -DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\"
fvwm.c: In function `main':
fvwm.c:264: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
fvwm.c: At top level:
fvwm.c:879: conflicting types for `Restart'
fvwm.h:364: previous declaration of `Restart'
fvwm.c:1439: conflicting types for `SigDone'
fvwm.h:363: previous declaration of `SigDone'
make[2]: *** [fvwm.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/download/Fvwm2.2/src/fvwm-2.2/fvwm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/download/Fvwm2.2/src/fvwm-2.2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[root@Edgefield fvwm-2.2]#

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:34:58 -0500

> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

This might help:

In fvwm/fvwm.h find these 2 lines:

extern void SigDone(int);
extern void Restart(int nonsense);

change them to:

RETSIGTYPE SigDone(int);
RETSIGTYPE Restart(int nonsense);

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].