Subject: FVWM: xconsole placement at startup

From: ktb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:25:44 -0600

I searched through the archives and found my question but no answer was
given.  I'm using Debian Slink, Fvwm2 2.0.46 and xdm.  When Fvwm2 loads
I have an iconified xconsole on my screen.  When I deiconify xconsole it
opens off my visible screen.  I would like to set it up so that xconsole
is deiconified and centered on my screen at start up.  There is nothing
about xconsole in my .fvwm2rc file.  When I did start xconsole from this
file it was present on screen but blank, no data written in it.  When I
use startx instead of xdm to start the x-session there is no xconsole
present.  Does anyone know where xconsole is starting from so I can edit
the file and how I can get it to load as I would like?  Please cc my
with replies.
Thanks,
Kent
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:31:51 -0500

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:25:44 -0600
ktb <[email-masked]> 
> the file and how I can get it to load as I would like?  Please cc my

Dunno about Debian, but on my RedHat box the xdm files are in
/etc/X11/xdm. Also /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm is a symlink to this.
You probably want to edit Xsetup_0, which is a script that basically
starts xconsole with a specific geometry.

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].