Subject: FVWM: Themes

From: r3 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:07:42 +0100

Does someone knows a really good fvwm2 themes page? 
with goodlooking fvwm2rc's..
/r3

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Scott Scriven <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:43:26 -0700

> with goodlooking fvwm2rc's..

I know of two.  The standard one is here:

	fvwm.themes.org

This site's themes are composed of window borders and backgrounds.  Some
themes also include keymappings, modules, and menus, I think.  But all of
them seem to require an fvwm restart to change themes.  (copy desired theme
over current theme, then restart)  There are some very nice-looking themes
there, but several of them are just a background image with simple window
borders of the same color.

The other site I know of is mine...

	http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/fvwm.php3

I'm biased, of course, but I think these themes use a more solid/flexible
setup.  A theme consists only of window borders, button styles, and menu
styles.  The background is handled separately (hit the "backgrounds" link on
the page), but can also be done easily from within the theme setup.  You can
switch themes, or add new ones, without restarting Fvwm, and by default it
chooses one randomly upon each X session.  I've incorporated several of
fvwm.theme.org's more interesting themes into my own; I hope no one minds.

Neither (AFAIK) one uses the new Fvwm2.2 features, but I've already
converted some of mine.  I'll release again when everything is updated...

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  -----------"Use the source, Luke!"---------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:[email-masked]           |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:[email-masked]         |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].