Subject: FVWM: 2.2.0 and FvwmButtons unswallowing timing problem?

From: Jeff Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:36:00 +0000

I've been trying to get the (UseOld,NoClose) to work witht the items in
my FvwmButtons module but it doesn't work as advertised.

Things don't get killed or closed but when the next FvwmButtons comes
up it doesn't use the old instance either so I get multiple occurences
of every processes that gets swallowed.

I've been reading the archives and all the questions indicate that this
is a "timing" problem but they also refer to version 2.0.xx.

Has this been fixed in 2.2?  I'm running 2.2 now and I still have the
same problem.

Does anybody have the canonical solution for this problem yet?

Also, by any chance is there a repository of cool .fvwm2rc files?  I'm
not too creative in this area and I would like to see what other people
have created. And also to get an idea of what is possible.  Fvwm seems
so extensible and configurable to me that I'm sure I've overlooked lots
of great features.

Thanks for your help.

- Jeff Wiegley
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].