Subject: FVWM: Strange "Key" problem (2.1.10)

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:49:35 -0600 (CST)

Hi -
	I have the following line in my .fvwmrc file:

Key F15         WITFS   A       RaiseLower

I have remapped the windows key to behave like F15 (edited the keymap file
for FreeBSD...)

Upon starting fvwm, this mapping doesn't work, but if I restart fvwm
(Restart fvwm2), then it works just fine.

This is the only mapping that is doing this.  It is also the only mapping
that is an F key...

Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone eles know of a work
around?

Thanks!

-philip

-- 
Philip Hallstrom
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:52:54 -0500

> Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone eles know of a work

I've never heard of a problem like this.  I use lots of F-key mappings.

Are you getting the key mapped before fvwm2 starts?

Watch out for background processes, for example, don't do this:

xmodmap .xmodmap&
fvwm2

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:35:06 -0600 (CST)

> I've never heard of a problem like this.  I use lots of F-key mappings.

That's good news :)

> Watch out for background processes, for example, don't do this:

Crap, you know, that might be it... I'll have togo check to make sure...
dang nabbit!

Thanks!

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:50:34 -0600 (CST)

That was it.  I had my xmodmap in my InitFunction.  Moving it out of there
and putting it before my call to fvwm in .xinitrc works great

thanks!

-- 
Philip Hallstrom
[email-masked]

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:19:08 -0600 (CST)

Hi -
	When I drag a window using button 2, it moves, but my viewport
also changes.  I'm almost positive that earlier version (whatever was
current a month ago) didn't do this.

>From the manual:

Dragging mouse button 2 on a miniature view of a window will cause that
window to be move to the location where you release the mouse button, but
your viewport will not change.

is this a bug?  Any way to fix it?

Also - will there ever be a way to drag windows back into the pager?
(everyone's got a wish :)

Thanks!

(Other than this, I love fvwm... used to use olvwm, but I'm never going
back.)

-philip

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 00:23:19 -0500 (EST)

> current a month ago) didn't do this.

	You're right, it didn't. And it doesn't anymore. It's fixed in
2.1.11. Sorry for the inconvenience!

- Bob

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:55:44 -0700 (MST)

> (everyone's got a wish :)
 
Well, there used to be a way.
I have a patch for 2.0.46 to drag window/icon in and out the
pager. Maybe, one of the maintainer can re-incorporate it?

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai          [email-masked]
磯貝利明
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:00:05 -0700 (MST)

Well, there used to be a way.
I have a patch for 2.0.46 to drag window/icon into and out from the
pager. Maybe, one of the maintainer can re-incorporate it?

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:39:15 -0600 (CST)

> pager. Maybe, one of the maintainer can re-incorporate it?

Oh... please please please add this to 2.1.11 (or 12)... pretty please :)
it is the only thing I miss from olvwm...

Toshi - can you email me the patch (privately)?

thanks!

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Feb 1999 17:37:24 -0500

>> Well, there used to be a way.  I have a patch for 2.0.46 to drag
  >> window/icon into and out from the pager. Maybe, one of the
  >> maintainer can re-incorporate it?

  ph> Oh... please please please add this to 2.1.11 (or 12)... pretty
  ph> please :) it is the only thing I miss from olvwm...

2.1.11 is cut already, and 2.2.0 is in deep feature freeze; this won't
make it.

But, once 2.2.0 is out the 2.3.x tree will be open and the fun can begin
:)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:05:31 -0700 (MST)

> Toshi - can you email me the patch (privately)?

I don't know what you can do with it if you are using 2.1.10, but
the patch is at 
 www.concentric.net/~isogai/fvwm2/fvwm2.shtml

(I have a problem attaching binary to email right now.)