Subject: FVWM: pixmap

From: André de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 01:05:08 +0100

Hello,

After i installed xfree86 3.3.3.1 i can't get any pixmaps
anymore.
I get the following error:

FVWM [setPixmap Path]: <<error>> XPM support has not been
included in this version of fvwm2

But i have some libXpm files and before the installation of
3.3.3.1 i had no problem.
I made a backup of the old one but restored i get the same
error. So i think i made a mistake.

Can someone give me a solution?

Thanks, i am a newbie
Andre de Boer

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bill Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:17:58 -0500 (EST)

> Can someone give me a solution?

Check you XF86Config file- it affects how X does things; also check
.Xdefaults, .Xclients, .Xxxx, and .xxxx :)

		Hope this helps, 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
________				 | Bill Perkins
       /  "Ship Arriving Too Late to     | [email-masked]
      /    Save a Drowning Witch"	 | programmer-at-large
     /  /\	        F. Zappa	 | ALL assembly languages done here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Adam L Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 02:32:56 +0000

> included in this version of fvwm2

It sounds to me like the xfree86 installation has given you another version
of fvwm2 that is compiled differently. Try typing the following in an xterm:

whereis fvwm2

On my machine this gives the answer:

fvwm2: /usr/local/bin/fvwm2

This is the default install location for the newer versions of fvwm2. If
when you do it, it gives two locations for fvwm2, something like this:

fvwm2: /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2 /usr/local/bin/fvwm2

then that would imply that an extra version of fvwm2 has been installed, and
you can get the old one just by calling it with the full path, ie:

/usr/local/bin/fvwm2

instead of just

fvwm2

(probably in your .xinitrc). You may wish to delete the version of fvwm2 you
are not using, since it is just wasting disk space and risking confusion.

If whereis only shows one version of fvwm2 installed, with "X11" in the path
somewhere, something like:

fvwm2: /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2

then that probably implies that your old version of fvwm2 has been
completely overwritten by the xfree86 installation and you will need to
install a new version.

The whereis command can also give the path for man pages (although in my
case it doesn't seem to), so disregard anything with a filename like fvwm2.1
or fvwm2.1.gz.

> Can someone give me a solution?

Hopefully some of the above will be of use :-)

> Thanks, i am a newbie

It happens to the best of us.

-- 
Adam Rice -- [email-masked] -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England