Subject: FVWM: Bug in 2.1.7 and 2.1.10 ?

From: Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:03:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On the black and white NCDs, I am not able to see the arrow marks
in the menus. I have the following line, I have this since
2.0.46.

	MenuStyle maroon grey60 grey40 9x15 fvwm

Initially I thought, since XPM was not built into fvwm, may be I am
facing this problem. Now, I have rebuilt this 2.1.10 fvwm with
XPM, still I have the same problem. I tried to change the colors, no luck.

Menus do not show arrow marks. Anybody know a work-around ?

-sam
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:13:38 +0100

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 06:03:36PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> in the menus.

Do you mean the little triangle on the right side of a sub menu item?

> I have the following line, I have this since
> 2.0.46.
> 

Can you post the definition of a menu that has this problem?
I'd guess you are using the 'Menu' command for your sub menus.
This implies that your sub menus do not pop up when you enter
the item with the mouse pointer. If this is the case you will
have to use the 'Popup' command in your sub menu items.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Dominik Vogt sez...
> have to use the 'Popup' command in your sub menu items.

Dominik,

Yes, I am talking about those little triangles, pointing right. Menus DO
popup when the mouse goes there, but only the triangles donot appear.
Documentation says that monochrome terminals do not have the effect of
the color, but looks like somebody has stepped on that part of the code.

I have been this using this config file since 2.0.46. Note that this problem
only exists on black/white NCD, color terminal do not have this problem.
I have Popup command whereever I need popup. I do have XPM support now,
if that is a problem.

-sam

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 02 Feb 1999 12:39:59 -0500

%% Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]> writes:

  sk> Yes, I am talking about those little triangles, pointing
  sk> right. Menus DO popup when the mouse goes there, but only the
  sk> triangles donot appear.  Documentation says that monochrome
  sk> terminals do not have the effect of the color, but looks like
  sk> somebody has stepped on that part of the code.

  sk> I have been this using this config file since 2.0.46. Note that
  sk> this problem only exists on black/white NCD, color terminal do not
  sk> have this problem.

Maybe this is related to the new color-choosing code we grabbed from
Gimp?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].