Subject: FVWM: Help with FvwmEvent

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:37:58 +0000

Call me impatient, but I sent this several hours ago, & haven't seen it
come back, so I'm resending it ...

  ----

  I'm afraid I've read the FvwmEvent manual a couple of times now, and not
really come away any the wiser.

  I'm trying to do something that was mentioned a while back: set focus
onto Netscape popups (called '*popup'). I *had* done this with:

*FvwmEventCmd NewWindowFunc
*FvwmEvent    add_window NewWindowFunc

  and:

AddToFunc NewWindowFunc  \
   "I" Next (*_popup)       WarpToWindow 50 33

  This was fine, until I had to keep a popup up for a bit. Then the next
time I opened /another/ window .... well, I think you can guess!

  I tried:

AddToFunc NewWindowFunc  \
   "I" Current (*_popup)       WarpToWindow 50 33

  but it doesn't work. I tried 'Next ($w *_popup)' too.

  Does FvwmEvent have any way of passing in window IDs to its commands?
Any ideas?

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 332 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-125 days! ]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 08:53:03 +0000

> come back, so I'm resending it ...

OK you're impatient 8-)
>   Does FvwmEvent have any way of passing in window IDs to its commands?

No it doesn't, but it could.  The information is passed from fvwm to
FvwmEvent so it could just send it back as $0 to the function.  Could
you add a bug report please?

Cheers,
Tim.

PS have you looked at FvwmCommand? There is a perl script that does
things to Netscape popups.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].