Subject: FVWM: New feature - icon title font

From: Adam Tla/lka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:25:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi all !

I am thinking about using Unicode and dynamic fonts in window titles.
For example Netscape uses some special Escape sequences
to inform that some part of window title is in other then default
iso-8859-1 encoding (ESC-B etc.). So window manager should be sensitive to
that sequences and dynamically change font to desired encoding for that
part of text string. 

If we use -*-courier-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* font window
manager should dynamically use proper encoding (default could be set in
config file or be quessed from locale setting or just be iso8859-1).

Generally speaking it would be nice to use some kind of virtual Unicode
font (one using real fonts with different encodings) to display text 
in utf-8 or Netscape escaped format. I've looked at 9term and willy
programs. 

It just an idea to get good looking multilingual window/desktop manager.

Regards

 . .  Adam Tla/lka      mailto:[email-masked]    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
  )   System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
  -  Computer Center,  Technical University of Gdansk, Poland
     PGP public key:   finger [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].