Subject: FVWM: FvwmScroll colors

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:49:34 +0100

I have some problems viewing the FvwmScroll's scroll bars. I only see
black margins around my window contents, but no sliders, buttons and
other stuff. It still works though, but you just have to "guess" the
slider's positions etc. This happens both with and without the
FvwmScrollFore and FvwmScrollBack configuration options.

Using fvwm2.1.10.

Kind greetings,

Wing Tung

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 14:06:05 -0500

On Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:49:34 +0100
TG <[email-masked]> 
> FvwmScrollFore and FvwmScrollBack configuration options.

I see this also, with 2.1.4 and 2.1.10.

This was OK with 2.0.46. I suspect it derives from the new algorithm
for doing shading. I found that the FvwmScrollBack config works just
fine like this, however ... 

  *FvwmScrollBack Grey

Note to fvwm-workers ... black is a bad choice for default colour
given the new algorithm. Does someone want to change the following
default to something more sensible?

  FvwmScroll.c:52:char *BackColor = "black";

Cheers
Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:25:20 +0000

> FvwmScrollFore and FvwmScrollBack configuration options.

Have you run out of colours? What happens if you specify a
*FvwmScrollBack that is the same colour as something already on the
screen?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 01:22:30 +0100

> *FvwmScrollBack that is the same colour as something already on the

I test a few other settings and I think I "understand" what happens now.
FvwmScrollFore, default grey seems te be ignored and FvwmScrollBack,
default black, defines the color for the window background, scrollbars,
buttons. So when I don't specify the background color, I don't see
anything but a black region. If you specify another color, all items got
that color (you can still see the bars and buttons thanks to shadows
etc.) Setting the foreground color manually doesn't help and I can't
discover any place where that color is used.

Kind greetings,

Wing Tung