Subject: FVWM: Blinking Borders

From: Perttu K K Muurimaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:30:47 +0200 (EET)

I have these problems with my window borders;

1) bordercolour keeps changing with focus even though it shouldn't (see
.fvwm2rc below)

2) when I start wm and the stuff keeps coming the borders are first green
(as they should) for a half a second or so but then they go grey (darkgrey
with focus, lightgrey without)

3) when I move cursor within screen and change focus, it turns from
darkgrey to lightgrey or vice versa, but if the cursor comes from desktops
some other screen, when a window gets focus borders are green for a half
second again but then turn darkgrey (as starting the wm)

4) if I let the TitleStyle be just flat, the Title will be green but the
borders remain grey!

My fvwm version is 2.0.46 and the relevant (?) parts of .fvwm2rc are as
follows

#========================================================================#

# KORISTELU JA MUOTOILU

# Set the decoration styles and window options
# If compatible styles are set for a single window in multiple Style
# commands, then the styles are ORed together. If conflicting styles
# are set, the last one specified is used.

# These commands should command before any menus or functions are defined,
# and before the internal pager is started.

# NIMIPALKKI

TitleStyle 		-- flat
TitleStyle      	ActiveUp (Solid #0000cc	-- flat) ActiveDown\ 
(Solid #0000cc -- flat) Inactive (Solid grey60 -- flat)

# PAINIKKEET

ButtonStyle 1   	Pixmap win95-sysmenu-full.xpm
ButtonStyle 2		Pixmap win95-close-full.xpm 	
ButtonStyle 4		Pixmap win95-maximize-full.xpm
ButtonStyle 6  		Pixmap win95-minimize-full.xpm

# REUNUKSET

BorderStyle		Simple
BorderStyle		TiledPixmap\ 
/home/P/pixmaps/martys_marbles/gree5mra.xpm  -- HiddenHandles NoInset

#=====================================================================#

After the decorations there are just the normal - menus, functions, key
bindings and modules. I haven't found anything there that would change the
border behavior.

I'm very grateful for any advice.

-perttu-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].