Subject: FVWM: Lost key bindings in 2.1.10

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:22:49 +0000

As of 2.1.10 (possibly - I know it worked in 2.1.5, nor sure about the
in-betweenies) my Meta+{Home/End/PageUp/PageDown} below have stopped
working. The up/down/left/right ones work OK.

  Anyone else had this?

  ----

Key Left       A      1       Scroll -100    0
Key Right      A      1       Scroll  100    0
Key Up         A      1       Scroll    0 -100
Key Down       A      1       Scroll    0  100
Key Home       A      1       Scroll -100 -100
Key Page_Up    A      1       Scroll  100 -100
Key End        A      1       Scroll -100  100
Key Page_Down  A      1       Scroll  100  100

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 332 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-125 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 02 Feb 1999 10:56:56 -0500

%% Neil Bird <[email-masked]> writes:

  nb>   As of 2.1.10 (possibly - I know it worked in 2.1.5, nor sure
  nb> about the in-betweenies) my Meta+{Home/End/PageUp/PageDown} below
  nb> have stopped working. The up/down/left/right ones work OK.

  nb> Key Left       A      1       Scroll -100    0
  nb> Key Right      A      1       Scroll  100    0
  nb> Key Up         A      1       Scroll    0 -100
  nb> Key Down       A      1       Scroll    0  100
  nb> Key Home       A      1       Scroll -100 -100
  nb> Key Page_Up    A      1       Scroll  100 -100
  nb> Key End        A      1       Scroll -100  100
  nb> Key Page_Down  A      1       Scroll  100  100

These work for me, although I used "M" (meta) for the modifier instead
of "1".  I'm using the latest CVS stuff.

Anyone else see a problem here?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 11:07:26 -0500

> Anyone else see a problem here?

Except for  the  obvious  "1"  vs.  "M" problem,  no.  As   I recently
reported, I created  test  cases for  all  the  modifiers and  saw  no
problems.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:49:12 -0500

> reported, I created  test  cases for  all  the  modifiers and  saw  no

Didn't this come up once before around the time of the num_lock problem, I seem to recall Dominik, coming up with somethin, could someone else check the archive I don't have a netscape handy right now.

Brad
 
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:02:18 +0100

> Didn't this come up once before around the time of the num_lock problem, I seem to recall Dominik, coming up with somethin, could someone else check the archive I don't have a netscape handy right…

We don't really know what the source of this key binding problems
are/were since the reporters didn't react to my mails. I don't
even know if we in fact *had* a num-lock problem.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 13:07:44 -0500

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Didn't this come up once before around the time of the num_lock problem, I 
> seem to recall Dominik, coming up with somethin, could someone else check the
>  archive I don't have a netscape handy right now.
> 

My memory  on this is  we NEVER  had  a numlock problem.   The numlock
modifier works as we would expect.  (Although, perhaps as someone else
might  not  expect.)   We did have   a   2.1.7 modifier problem.   (No
modifiers worked.)  This has since been corrected.