Subject: FVWM: hotkey to toggle raising and lowering FvwmPager

From: Zack Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:42:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'd like ctrl-alt-p to RaiseLower the FvwmPager. So far, the best I've been
able to do is write a Perl script that runs at fvwm startup, that takes the
output of 'FvwmCommand send_windowlist', derives the window id of the pager
from that data, and then uses FvwmCommand to bind a RaiseLower for that id
to ctrl-alt-p.

Actually for some reason it doesn't work with 'ctrl-alt-p', but does with
'ctrl-alt-i'. That's wierd. I have no idea why that happens.

But basically I'm hoping there's a simpler, faster way of doing it. My guess
is that it works with i but not p because I'm overcomplicating the whole
thing, and just missing a much simpler approach that's not as likely to
break (at least that's what I'm hoping for).

My current (non)solution is also not very robust because if I kill the pager
for some reason and start another one, the keybinding doesn't affect the new
pager; and since I'm trying to make this work for any user, not just me,
running the script by hand each time won't help.

Zack

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 07:19:40 +0100

> break (at least that's what I'm hoping for).

Key p A CM Next [FvwmPager] RaiseLower

should do. Won't work well if you have multiple pagers though.

Bye

DOminik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].