Subject: FVWM: working with Exceed

From: Noel Yap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 11:58:46 -0500

Has anyone tried using fvwm-1.24r with Exceed for Win32 Version
6.1.0.10?
What about other combinations of versions of fvwm and Exceed?
What are your experiences?

Thanks,
Noel

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:09:19 +0000

> What are your experiences?

I'm using Fvwm2 with Exceed 6.1. Not really any bug but sometimes a lot
of network traffic is generated.  If I hit Shift-UpArrow in rxvt to
scrolling the terminal window down the cursor starts to flicker.  I'm
pretty sure this is nothing to do with fvwm and is probably Exceed being
naughty.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Adam L Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 05:45:03 +0000

> What about other combinations of versions of fvwm and Exceed?

Well, back in the olden days (1993/4/5) I used fvwm1 with an unknown version
of Exceed at university. There were no problems specific to fvwm, though
it would often construct circles out of random dots that would accumulate
over time (the most amusing graphics glitch I've ever seen), and its habit
of grabbing colours out of the colourmap to draw a pointless Win 3.1
titlebar at the top was annoying.

> What are your experiences?

fvwm works great. Exceed probably needs a bit of work. Oh, and of course
fvwm will only do anything when Exceed is running in full-screen mode...
otherwise Exceed manages individual windows itself. The online documentation
was lacking at the time, and reconfiguration was a bit painful, but I expect
those things are long fixed.

-- 
Adam Rice -- [email-masked] -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England