Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmEvent and focusing on Netscape popups

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 11:59:50 +0000

Danek Duvall wrote:
>     AddToFunc FocusIfTransient    "I" Next (*_popup) Focus
> 
>     *FvwmEventCmd FocusIfTransient
>     *FvwmEvent add_window FocusIfTransient
> 
> This works just fine.  The popup appears, and it immediately gets focus.
> However, when it disappears, although the mouse pointer is still in the
> Netscape window (I use focus follows mouse), it doesn't get the focus (no
> window does, as far as I can tell) unless the pointer was inside the popup
> to begin with (a situation in which all this rigmarole is unnecessary).

  Hmm. I've just added this - looked like a good idea - and it works fine
as it is. This is 2.1.7, with SloppyFocus FollowsMouse.

  I'm using 'WarpToWindow 50 33' not Focus, though, so I'd guess it's not
working for you 'cos the pointer's not inside the popup when it dies (as
it is for me), which would effectively make it 'enter' the main window
beneath.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 358 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-151 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].