Subject: FVWM: About initialisation

From: "Horv�th Zolt�n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:41:27 +0000

The fvwm2 man page says: during initialisation fvwm2 searches for
.fvwm2rc configuration file in the home dir ectory of the user, if
doesn't find, then in /usr/lib/X11/fvwm. If can't find any of tehm,
fvwm2 will be "basically useless". Now, I've got none of them, my fvwm2
still works pretty well. How is it possible?
Ver.: 2.0.46.
Thanks.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:57:35 +0100

> still works pretty well. How is it possible?

(Assuming you have a Linux distribution): Sone distributors hack
in their own paths instead of /usr/lib/X11/fvwm. The file might
have another name too.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:46:21 -0500

> still works pretty well. How is it possible?

As Michael Han hinted at, but I don't think explicitly stated,
if fvwm2 can't find the .fvwm2rc in the 2 places it looks, it
then looks for system.fvwmrc.

It may work "pretty well" that way, but  I would expect that you would
not want to leave it that way.

The system.fvwmrc stuff is documented in the installation instructions.
If the installer does his thing to the system.fvwmrc, fvwm2 could work
"very well" that way.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].