Subject: Re: FVWM: FVWM 2.1.5 hassles (was: where's 'PixmapPath' gone?)

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Jan 1999 13:55:27 -0500

%% Neil Bird <[email-masked]> writes:

  nb>   Well, I got it working, finally. I had to hack configure to
  nb> force it to not clear the xpm_* (and rplay/readline) things so
  nb> that they were actually compiled in. *Nothing* I tried made it
  nb> worked automatically - nomatter the options/settings I made, it'd
  nb> find the lib*.a file, but then fail the final (.h?) "it's there"
  nb> test [that's the bit I commented out].

If you want to help fix this, you'll need to do the following:

  * Go back to "native" code, from a fresh distribution (either CVS or
    tar file), with no previous builds or anything.

  * Run script(1) and use the configure line with the proper
    --with-xpm-* options, so we can see exactly what you typed and
    exactly what configure typed.

  * Bundle the script output file with the config.log file and send it
    to the fvwm-workers list.

Thanks!

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 10:53:35 +0000

"Paul D. Smith" wrote:
> [not finding xpm libraries]
>

  This was actually from a raw untar.

>     to the fvwm-workers list.

  OK, I'll see if can do that at some point.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 361 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-154 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].