Subject: Re: FVWM: MenuStyles

From: Paul Mc Auley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 13:53:10 +0000

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:45:47 +0100 Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@planet-interkom.
de> wrote:

| After looking thorugh the code I'd say the @...@ has to be applied
| to the menu name, not the title:

|   AddToMenu [email-masked]@ "Utilities" Title

I tried it and it doesn't work. You also need to invoke it as 
[email-masked].

Does somebody actually have a working example?

| Did you have any success with Set/ChangeMenuStyle ?

Since function is allegedly transient (to be absorbed by MenuStyle) I 
decided to bide my time...
	Paul

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:29:01 +0100

> Does somebody actually have a working example?

Have a look at the manpage. The example there is correct although
the text is not. The scan for side pics is done only the first
time the name of the menu is used (i.e. when the menu is created):

This one is ok:

  DestroyMenu Utilities
  AddToMenu [email-masked]@
   + "Utilities" Title

This one too:

  DestroyMenu Utilities
  AddToMenu [email-masked]@ Utilities Title

But this won't work:

  DestroyMenu Utilities
  AddToMenu Utilities "some item" Nop
  AddToMenu [email-masked]@ Utilities Title

There's a typo in the manpage saying the menu label
is evaluated, not the name. Apart from this it is
quite misleading.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]