Subject: FVWM: Script control of fvwm

From: Will French <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:11:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi.  I'm working on extending fvwm via a system of scripts, using the
FvwmCommand module as the interface; and I'm having trouble getting the
scripts all the info they need.  I use "send_windowlist", but I've
never seen any documentation for it (is there any?) and I don't know if
I'm making full use of it.  Are there any other undocumented commands?

  Also, my scripts need info about the state of fvwm itself (as opposed
to the windows it's managing) such as "What key bindings are currently
in effect?" or "What is EdgeScroll set to?".  Is there a way to ask
fvwm such questions?

Will French  <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 11:22:02 -0500

> I'm making full use of it.  Are there any other undocumented commands?

Send_windowlist is documented:

http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/mod_m2f_communication.html

If you find any other commands that you think are undocumented,
let us know.

> in effect?" or "What is EdgeScroll set to?".  Is there a way to ask

As  the need to  retrieve this kind  of  information appears, fvwm has
been modified to send it.  You would need to  change fvwm2, and submit
a patch.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].