Subject: FVWM: Just Wondering....

From: Robert Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:52:12 -0700

Are there any plans to add side pixmap support for menus, sumilar to
(..ach) fvwm95??  

If not, I'd like to see it.

Also, how 'bout sound binding for menus in FvwmAudio??

-Woody.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:39:40 -0500

> If not, I'd like to see it.

Side pixmaps are in the current 2.1.x series.  Download 2.1.4
if interested.

> Also, how 'bout sound binding for menus in FvwmAudio??

AddToFunction DriveOfficeMateCrazy "I" Exec exec audioplay MenuNoise.au
AddToFunction DriveOfficeMateCrazy "I" Popup MyMenu

"MyMenu" could be $0, MenuNoise.au could be $1.
Totally untested, but should give you the idea...

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 12 Jan 1999 13:46:01 -0500

%% Robert Woodworth <[email-masked]> writes:

  rw> Are there any plans to add side pixmap support for menus, sumilar to
  rw> (..ach) fvwm95??  

It's already in there, in the latest betas.  It'll be in the 2.2
release, which should be out "soon" (really, though, we mean it this
time!)  The man page sez:

  AddToMenu menu-name [ menu-label action ]
     ...
       If the menu-label contains a sub-string which is set  off  by  at
       signs  ("@"),  then  the  text between them is expected to be the
       name of an xpm or bitmap file to draw along the left side of  the
       menu (a "side pixmap").  For example

            AddToMenu "[email-masked]@"

       creates a menu with a picture in its bottom left corner.

Please be aware that the 2.1.x betas aren't "semi-betas", like the 2.0.x
ones were, which are closer to releases.  They're _really_ betas!  For
example, we know there is a keybinding problem in the current 2.1.7
beta.  It will be fixed in the next release.

  rw> Also, how 'bout sound binding for menus in FvwmAudio??

Don't know about this.  I don't think modules can interact with menus
like that... but I'm surely no expert.

Note that FvwmAudio is becoming obsolete; use FvwmEvent instead.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:20:06 +0100

>        creates a menu with a picture in its bottom left corner.

And of course you can have it a bit easier with the CVS source
for a few hours now: 'MenuStyle * SiedePix linux-menu.xpm'
 
Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Stewart Hector <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 07:26:11 +0000

You say you have done some Linux programming. Are there any freeware GUI
Builders for Linux.  The thought of attempting to build a GUI app
programmagically horrifies me!!!!  Of course, it would be good practice.    Is
doing this under Linux C++ much of a chore if there aren't any such apps?

thanks.

--
Stewart
ICQ: 5308166
http://freespace.virgin.net/s.hector/index.htm

=============================================
And in the early morning rain,
I see her there,
And I know I'll have to say,
Goodbye again.
And its breaking my heart...
---------------------------------------------
CdeB - Borderline
=============================================

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:11:59 -0500 (EST)

> doing this under Linux C++ much of a chore if there aren't any such apps?

there are several IDE's to choose from. The one I know about is "OnyX" ..
builds on Xclass, I believe it can be found at www.iconlabs.net ... also,
you can download it from ftp.foxproject.org/pub/fOX/projects/devel for
version OnyX-0.3.0 and you'll want the latest stable version of Xclass in
/pub/xclass (don't get any of the cvs releases).
			-peace

> > for a few hours now: 'MenuStyle * SiedePix linux-menu.xpm'

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:20:43 +0100 (CET)

> doing this under Linux C++ much of a chore if there aren't any such apps?

Perhaps you should have a look at glade, which is a GUI builder which
uses the GTK+ toolkit. there is also glade-- out there, which is supposed
to build C++ code. They are both part of the gnome project, actual versions
can be found on anoncvs.gnome.org in CVS. Snapshots should also be available
somewhere.

Regards,
	-Stefan