Subject: FVWM: InitFunction/RestartFunction inaccesible from second init file?

From: Jesper James <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:13:36 +0100 (NFT)

Hi,

I have a problem with the InitFunction and RestartFunction. I can't seem
to access them from other than the first commandfile given to fvwm.
I i eg. startup fvwm2 (2.1.5) like:

fvwm2 -f systrem.fvwm2rc -f user.fvwm2rc

There is no way (i found) to set/change/destroy the init/restart functions
from the user.fvwm2rc file? I can destroy and add to menus, but not to
these functions. Anyone have any clues for this problem?

Best Regards,
Jesper James
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 13:33:34 +0000

> fvwm2 -f systrem.fvwm2rc -f user.fvwm2rc

It's a bug.  I'll enter a bug report under the postponed category so we
won't fix in until after 2.2.  In the mean time you could use FvwmCpp to
read both these files in:

fvwm2 -cmd FvwmCpp something.f

something.f:
#include "systrem.fvwm2rc"
#include "user.fvwm2rc"

The problem is that the StartupStuff routine is called by the Read
command after the first Read command is run!  Not really the best place,
it should be in main() just before the MainLoop is entered.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: [email-masked] (George Ross)
Date: 8 Jan 1999 14:18:38 GMT

> ... In the mean time you could use FvwmCpp to

Speaking of which, in 2.0.46 if you define an InitFunction in a file which is
processed by FvwmCpp as a result of a call from a .fvwm2rc file then it
doesn't take effect, while if you process that same file by means of a
command-line FvwmCpp as above then it works.  Is that the same bug or a
different one?
-- 
Dr George D M Ross, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh
       Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ
Mail: [email-masked]   Voice: +44 131 650 5147   Fax: +44 131 667 7209
   PGP: 1024/B74A4F7D  14 E8 B3 00 20 04 68 F8  95 40 CB 36 A4 D4 FA 90
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:20:16 +0100

> read both these files in:

Don't use postponed for this. There are only bugs that we can't
fix before something else happens (or that ar really owhere in
sight). Just leave it in incoming

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].