Subject: Re: FVWM: netscape window placement

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:35:00 +0000

Denis Kholodar wrote:
> commands like:
> "xterm -geometry 72x40+0+0"
> "xemacs -geometry 72x40+0+0"
> work fine, but when i try to place my netscape window at 0:0 with
> "netscape -geometry 863x625+0+0"
>  it comes up somewhere at 0:25 or 10:50 etc.

  What version of fvwm?

  Under fvwm2 [all I've tried], having (e.g.):

Netscape.MailThread.geometry:   643x690+426+140
Netscape.Composition.geometry:  540x799+10+10
Netscape.Navigator.geometry:    758x735+10+10

  ... in my app-defaults/Netscape works a treat.

  We do now know that, due a Netscape funny [not fvwm], you won't be able
to apply StartsIconic to Netscape - you have to use -iconic, and doing
this on pre 2.1.7 stopped StartsOnPage working, but I think that's all
fixed now. *I* don't have any problems any more.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 346 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-139 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].