Subject: FVWM: MenuStyles

From: Paul Mc Auley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 12:44:29 +0000

Perhaps somebody can explain what I am doing wrong.. When I use the attached 
.fvwm2rc I get the errors:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'SetMenuStyle' in ModulePath 
'/u
sr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.1.5/'
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'ChangeMenuStyle' in 
ModulePath
'/usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.1.5/'

and the menu is titled "[email-masked]@" instead of having the 
pixmap down the side.
	Paul
-- 
--- Paul Mc Auley <[email-masked]>
--   Datagram for Mongo! Datagram for Mongo!

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:42:14 +0000

> [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'SetMenuStyle' in ModulePath

SetMenuStyle is a very recent command. I don't think it is in any of the
tar files. You will have to use CVS to get the latest version that
includes it. It will be in version 2.1.7 onwards.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:42:23 +0100

> includes it. It will be in version 2.1.7 onwards.

Ahem, that's completely wrong ;-) SetMenuStyle was part of the
releases 2.1.3 to 2.1.6. In 2.1.6 the syntax was rewritten and
from 2.1.7 onwards there is no SetMenuStyle anymore. Specifically
there's no SetMenuStyle in the current CVS source. Its functionality
and syntax have been merged into MenuStyle. Paul seems to use
2.1.5 (at least his module path suggests this), so this should
work.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:31:46 +0100

> and the menu is titled "[email-masked]@" instead of having the 

I'd bet the build/installation failed somewhere. Try rebuilding
fvwm in a clean directory. Watch closely what configure says.
Probably configure didn't find your xpm library. You may have
to specify this by hand. After installing make sure the right
executables are first in your PATH.

Bye

Dominik