Subject: FVWM: TaskBar, Menu Positions, Enhancement Suggestion

From: Brian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:35:33 +1030

Sorry for overloading this post with 3 issues.
I am using FVWM 2.1.7 on a Sun running Solaris 2.5.1.

1. When I run the FvwmTaskBar module,  *FvwmTaskBarDeskOnly doesn't
   work (although it does in Fvwm95 if I run that).  Is there a bug in
   the code, or is it in my configuration somewhere?

2. I have been trying to activate a menu from a FvwmButtons button in
   such a way as to look a little like a "panel".  That means
   positioning the menu specifically relative to the button - without
   having to know exactly where the button is or the exact size of the
   menu.  I want it to sit just above the button in the same way a
   panel does.
   I spent some time playing with the position options to the Menu
   command, but could not get it to work.  Does anyone have any advice?

3. For a future version of FVWM2, would it be possible to add extra
   switches to the command line to enable parameters to be passed to the
   .fvwmrc file to be used in a similar fashion to parameters in FVWM
   functions (eg. fvwm2 -p1 abc -p2 def ... -p9 "Last Parameter").
   This could allow, for example, the default decor to be selected from
   the command line.

Brian.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Brian Schroeder             |
 ,-_|\   [email-masked]          |   There are two tragedies in life.
/     \  Boral Energy Resources Ltd |  One is to lose our heart's desire.
\_,-*_/  Adelaide Australia         |       The other is to gain it.
     v   GPO Box 2576 Adelaide 5001 |          GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
        PH +61 8 8235 3782          |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:45:25 +0100

>    command, but could not get it to work.  Does anyone have any advice?

I know, that's one of the issues I wanted to address in my patch
and never found the time to address. The best you can get is this:

  *FvwmButtons(Title "Modules", Action `Menu ModuleMenu mouse c+5p -8p`)

This places the menu a few pixels above the mouse pointer. If
your buttons are small you can hardly tell the difference
between a placement relative to the button.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:21:03 GMT

Brian Schroeder writes:
 >    switches to the command line to enable parameters to be passed
 >    to the .fvwmrc file to be used in a similar fashion to
 >    parameters in FVWM functions (eg. fvwm2 -p1 abc -p2 def ... -p9
 >    "Last Parameter").  This could allow, for example, the default
 >    decor to be selected from the command line.

What does that buy you which cannot be done with -cmd Read
.fvwmrc.decor1 or FvwmM4 or FvwmCpp?
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].