Subject: FVWM: Possible bug in WinListFunc (and a suggestion... :-)

From: Kobus Retief <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:20:52 +0200

Hi

The (possible) bug:

I'm currently running fvwm 2.1.7 on a (slightly modified)
Slackware Linux (kernel 2.2.0pre6, XFree86 3.3.3) system.
I've modified the WinListFunc as follows in my .fvwm2rc:

DestroyFunc WindowListFunc
AddToFunc WindowListFunc
+ "I"	WindowId $0 FlipFocus
+ "I"	WindowId $0 Raise
+ "I"	WindowId $0 WarpToWindow 0 0
+ "I"	WindowId $0 WarpToWindow 50 50

When I select a window from the WindowList builtin, everything
happens as planned (top left corner of window in top left corner
of screen, cursor in middle of window), but fvwm gives me the
window selection cursor (the one you get when [for instance] you 
tell fvwm to "maximize" and then have to select a window), and waits
for me to click before focusing the window.  This obviously shouldn't
happen, as I've stepped through this function using FvwmTalk, and
everything worked perfectly.

I don't _remember_ having this problem under fvwm 2.1.5 (with the same
.fvwm2rc, except for adding the new MenuStyle builtin).

The suggestion or two:

I use the side pixmap on menus (the one you get when you use
	
	AddToMenu "[email-masked]@%navyblue%"

), but find it rather awkward.  What would be pretty cool is
if you could have SidePixmap and SideColor (for instance) as 
MenuStyle options:

	MenuStyle "Utilities" SidePixmap utilities.xpm
	MenuStyle "Utilities" SideColor navyblue

Another thing (extension of the first suggestion) would be a 
"WindowList" MenuStyle, which would apply only to the WindowList
builtin menu, as it looks rather drab (in my eyes) without the
side pixmap:

	MenuStyle "WindowList" SidePixmap winlist.xpm
	MenuStyle "WindowList" SideColor green

This is a suggestion only; I can live without it if neccessary,
and I'm not going to figure out the source code to patch fvwm.
I'm just too lazy, I guess.

The Grand Finale:

That's it.
I'll find any replies (eventually) in the archives, or mail them
directly to me if you really feel like it ([email-masked]).

Cheers
Koos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].