Subject: FVWM: FvwmButton recommendations wanted

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:38:53 +0000

I've become rather attached to my setup, as one does, but with the
problems I'm having with fvwm2 & OpenLook apps., I'm looking at replacing
my trio of sticky corner apps, (perfmeter, clock & cm) with a 2x2
FvwmButtons thing.

  +-+-+
  |p|k|
  + +-+  Perfmeter, clocK, Cm
  | |c|
  +-+-+

  Can anyone recommend:

  a) another clock that'll show the seconds hand? [maybe even let me have
my roman numerals too]

  b) a perfmeter that will actually be Swallowed (FvwmButtons doesn't
complain, but doesn't swallow it, either) that can show CPU usage as well
as xload's load.

 c) a way of showing the day+month (as cm's icon does) in a button that
could launch cm. Is ther a way of docking an app.'s *icon* in FvwmButtons
that I've missed?

  TIA!

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 355 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-148 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:46:50 +0100

>   a) another clock that'll show the seconds hand? [maybe even let me have
 
xclock has a seconds hand when invoked with 'xclock -update 1'.

> complain, but doesn't swallow it, either) that can show CPU usage as well

I use xosview which has both, though not as a history graph. But
it's probably not what you are looking for since it should be at
least about 50x150 pixels (with a very small font).

> could launch cm. Is ther a way of docking an app.'s *icon* in FvwmButtons

asclock is a clock as well as a calendar (digital though and without
seconds). Asclock can launch an application for you, but you can bind
a mouse click to any button in FvwmButtons, even with a swallowed
window (there's something about this in the FAQ I think).

You can't have an iconified window in the button bar (except by
swallowing some kind of icon manager).

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]