Subject: FVWM: installing fvwm on sunos

From: paul kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:07:51 -0800 (PST)

trying to follow installation directions for fvwm-1.24r and get the
following error

/home/pkim/fvwm_1.x % make all
making all in ./libs...
making all in ./fvwm...
cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92   -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4
-DSYSV     -c  icons.c
"icons.c", line 27: cannot find include file: <X11/xpm.h>
"icons.c", line 622: undefined symbol: XpmAttributes
"icons.c", line 622: syntax error before or at: xpm_attributes
"icons.c", line 626: undefined symbol: path
blah blah blah...

do i need to get a copy of this header file?

polkeem

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:13:36 -0500

> do i need to get a copy of this header file?

Yes.

You need to install the Xpm package, including the headers and
library.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 25 Jan 1999 16:45:22 -0500

%% paul kim <[email-masked]> writes:

  pk> trying to follow installation directions for fvwm-1.24r and get the
  pk> following error

  pk> /home/pkim/fvwm_1.x % make all
  pk> making all in ./libs...
  pk> making all in ./fvwm...
  pk> cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92   -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4
  pk> -DSYSV     -c  icons.c
  pk> "icons.c", line 27: cannot find include file: <X11/xpm.h>
  pk> "icons.c", line 622: undefined symbol: XpmAttributes
  pk> "icons.c", line 622: syntax error before or at: xpm_attributes
  pk> "icons.c", line 626: undefined symbol: path
  pk> blah blah blah...

  pk> do i need to get a copy of this header file?

If you want to compile FVWM with pixmap support, you need to obtain the
Xpm library and install it (which will give you the xpm.h header, too).

You can get Xpm from ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/ somewhere (I forget exactly).

Or, modify the configuration of your fvwm and disable pixmap support.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].