Subject: Re: FVWM: Problems with fvwm2.1.2

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:04:30 +0200

>What  FvwmTaskBar   should  be doing  is   asking  fvwm2  to  send  it
>configuration information through  the fvwm2-to-module pipes.  If  you
>want to know when  this is fixed,  you will have  to subscribe  to the
>workers list or wait for an announced beta.
>
>The other modules  should not have   this problem.  Please  report any
>that do.

	So, and just for confirmation, if I change something in the .fvwm2rc for 
a particular module, fvwm2 must be restarted to get the new behavior of the 
module, right ?

	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:15:44 -0500

[email-masked] (Fabien Villard) writes:
> 	So, and just  for confirmation, if  I change something  in the
> .fvwm2rc for a particular module, fvwm2 must be restarted to get the
> new behavior of the module, right ?

Its  not clear to me how   your question relates  to  the problem with
FvwmTaskBar which currently seems to get confused by "read" commands.

Most (all?)  of the older  modules need a  restart to be reconfigured.
There is work  underway   to "fix" that.    FvwmAnimate (when   it  is
released) will demonstrate that.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].