Subject: FVWM: V2.5.1 - where's 'PixmapPath' gone?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:46:30 +0000

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'PixmapPath' in ModulePath
'/home/nabird/opt/fvwm2/libexec/fvwm/2.1.5'

  Was OK in 2.0.46 - and there're still refs. to the command, and nothing
about it being removed. What've I missed?

  Compiled up under Sparc/Solaris 2.4.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 375 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-168 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:43:31 +0100

> about it being removed. What've I missed?

configure has a problem finding the xpm library when it is
not in the expected place. You have to tell configure the
path manually (try configure --help).

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:47:25 +0000

> about it being removed. What've I missed?

It is still there but it probably hasn't been compiled into your copy. 
The configure script used to generate the make files probably need the
--with-xpm-includes=PATH --with-xpm-library=DIR args given to it.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:13:23 +0000

> --with-xpm-includes=PATH --with-xpm-library=DIR args given to it.

  Well, I got it working, finally. I had to hack configure to force it to
not clear the xpm_*  (and rplay/readline) things so that they were
actually compiled in. *Nothing* I tried made it worked automatically -
nomatter the options/settings I made, it'd find the lib*.a file, but then
fail the final (.h?) "it's there" test [that's the bit I commented out].

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 374 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-167 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].