Subject: FVWM: FvwmCommandS still won't load

From: Zack Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:50:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I got the latest 2.1.5 version from the official web site, compiled it and
did a make install in the fvwm2.1.5/ directory, the fvwm2.1.5/modules, and
the fvwm2.1.5/extras directories.

No matter what I do, FvwmCommandS still won't load. I've tried putting it in
the ~/.fvwm2rc file, loading it from FvwmTalk, and FvwmConsole. 

Redirecting the output of fvwm2 only says "FvwmCommandS: dead pipe"

I'm using vanilla Debian slink, with no fvwm* packages installed.

Zack

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:08:52 -0700 (MST)

> Redirecting the output of fvwm2 only says "FvwmCommandS: dead pipe"

This usually happens when another FvwmCommandS is already running with
same fifos you just tried to run. 
Then, it should take FvwmCommand...

Can you confirm that you don't have stray FvwmCommandS by 'ps -ax' or
something like that? It doesn't make much sense but...

 > I'm using vanilla Debian slink, with no fvwm* packages installed.

I haven't tried neither fvwm2.1.X nor slink. Anybody?

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai          [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].