Subject: FVWM: color question

From: Ernest Cline <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:14:56 -0500

There is like no one in this week, being so close to christmas, so I'm
bored and trying to configure fvwm more to my liking.  I run the newest
ver. on Solaris 2.5.1 on My sparc 5.  My video card kinda blows (CG6
with 1M video memory), so I'm limited as to how much I can run.  Anyway,
quick question for everyone:  How can I just change the window border
colors from what I guess is 'stock' (its grey non in focus, and in-focus
is this weird pink sort of color).  I know if I made pixmaps I could do
it, but I just want to change them to standard (albeit different) rgb
colors.  Doable?

Ernie
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:31:29 +0100

> it, but I just want to change them to standard (albeit different) rgb

Of course. For the focussed window you can use

  HilightColors <textcolour> <backbroundcolour>

For all other windows it can be defined per window:

  Style "*" ForeColor <forecolour>, BackColor <backcolor>

If you mean 2.1.5 with 'the newest ver.' you need not put
the asterisk in double quotes. You might want to read the
'Style' section in the manpage for more options.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].