Subject: re: FVWM: fvwm 2.1.45, problem with PixmapPath, Help

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:44:30 +0100

>I've just installed fvwm 2.1.5 on solaris and all my pixmaps disappiared
	I have the same problem.
	And also, the line in .fvwmrc :

PixmapPath path1:path2

	is not recognized anymore. The error message is : Module PixmapPath not 
found in path <module path>.

	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:51:06 +0100

> found in path <module path>.

We have a bug report for this already. I think this is caused
by configure. Sometimes it looks as if it doesn't recognize
that you have the xpm library and turn the xpm option off.
I had it myself but could not recreate it. Try to restart
configure and put the output into a file. If that happens
again, please post the configure output.

Paul (PDS), you were looking into this anyway, can you
tell what's going on in the configure scrript?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:28:04 -0500 (EST)

> found in path <module path>.

I've had this happen to me, also.

I found out the cause...  for some reason, the XPM library isn't found
unless you use the --with-xpm-library= and --with-xpm-includes=
parameters on the configure script (that is, if the XPM library isn't
in the standard include location).

For example, if your XPM library and includes are in /usr/local, then
it won't be found unless you specify their locations explicitly.

I would guess that the logic to find XPM could be made a bit robust...

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

               "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:47:49 +0100

> in the standard include location).

Hmm, when I had this it was enough to run configure again (??)

Dominik

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 17 Dec 1998 11:27:40 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Paul (PDS), you were looking into this anyway, can you tell what's
  dv> going on in the configure scrript?

It always works OK for me.  So, I'd need someone to send me their
config.log file from a configure that doesn't work right.

I'll add some text to configure to print a summary of the build options
at the end, then people might notice if pixmaps are not included.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].