Subject: Re: FVWM: changing the pager grid

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:10:52 -0500 (EST)

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 09:19:22AM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> > ...I would like this grid to represent things that are more
> > meaningful for my desktop set-up, such as the distance the viewport
> > jumps when I press certain hotkeys. Is the grid configurable?
> 
> Huh? We have a communications problem here. If the grid elements
> were as large as the viewport the pager would cover the entire
> scree. That is probably not what you want to say.

	I think what Zack wants to be able to do is to set the units
of the grid to an arbitrary value. Say he has a 1280 x 1024 screen,
and has hotkeys that will jump half of the desktop dimension in
either direction - 640 sideways or 512 up or down. I think he'd like
the pager to display a grid of squares *representing* 640 x 512 chunks
of desktop real estate instead of pages.

	Despite the puzzlement, Dominik's reply is correct. FVWM
manages the virtual desktop in multiples of the actual screen size,
and that's what the Pager displays. That's why it's called the, um,
Pager. It's not configurable to use arbitrary grid units.

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].