Subject: FVWM: Desk range problem

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 14:51:59 +0100

Hello,

# Desk arg1 [arg2] [min max]

Key Page_Up     A       M       Desk -1 1 0 3
Key Page_Down   A       M       Desk 1 1 0 3

I have 4 desks, numbered from 0 to 3 and DeskTopSize is set to 2x1. When
I want to go the the next or previous desk, using the PageUp and
PageDown, I get some strange behaviour. I can only move between desk 0
and desk 1. It seems that the max parameter always contains the value
"1". When I set min to an negative number, it works "well". at least,
fvwm seems to switch to the unexistent desks, according to my pager. But
changing max into any other value, doesn't influence the bindings.

Discarding the range, min and max parameters, works ok.

Greetings,

Wing Tung

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:47:50 +0100

> Discarding the range, min and max parameters, works ok.

Your syntax is wrong. If arg1 is non-zero, arg2 must be omitted.
The 1 and 0 are taken as min and max in your example. The correct
lines are:

  Key Page_Up     A       M       Desk -1 0 3
  Key Page_Down   A       M       Desk 1 0 3

(Compare with manpage)

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].