Subject: FVWM: menu's fvwm 1.xx

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:32:50 +0100

Hi

I'm currently working with fvwm 1.xx and i would like to know if it's 
possible to create a menu, that doesn't
popup with a mouse-click or keyboard stroke, but stays on my desktop 
all the time?
Can somebody help me out? Thanks

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:54:39 -0500

> Can somebody help me out? Thanks

I don't believe there is such a feature in fvwm 1.xx.
There are so many other ways to do what a menu does, (button bars,
root window key bindings, etc.) that pin-up menus haven't been
addressed.

> --

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:31:12 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:32:50 +0100, [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm currently working with fvwm 1.xx and i would like to know if
> it's possible to create a menu, that doesn't popup with a
> mouse-click or keyboard stroke, but stays on my desktop all the
> time? Can somebody help me out? Thanks

I was about to reply that there is an easy way to do this in fvwm2,
when I decided to check and see if it still works in fvwm 2.1.4 and
discovered that it DOES NOT work in 2.1.4!

What I was using in earlier fvwm2 versions was something that started
like this:

	AddToMenu Window-Ops
	+	"Window Ops"	Title
	+	"Stay"          Popup Window-Ops

When clicking on "Stay", the menu would stick around.  Sure, it would
disappear as soon as I did anything else, but it would stay around
longer than otherwise.  Yes, I know there are other ways to do this,
but my point is that this no longer works.  It's broken in my
installation of fvwm 2.1.4.

Has anyone else seen this?

_________  __ _____________________________________________________________
     __   / /\                             Help                            
    /  /\/ / /_                   support interoperability                 
   /  /  \/ / /\           please use non proprietary file formats         
  /  / /\ \ \/ / ----------------------------------------------------------
 /  /  \_\/\  /    Mark Crocker (Micron Technology Inc., Product Engineer)
/__/ /\ \ \_\/   Business:         [email-masked]       (208) 368-3525 
\  \ \_\/        Personal:         [email-masked]       (208) 336-0541 
 \  \ \        	      Web:   http://netnow.micron.net/~mcrocker             
_ \__\/ ___________________________________________________________________
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:38:07 +0100

> installation of fvwm 2.1.4.

I can't follow. What version are you comparing that to? What are
you expecting and what does actually happen? The menu should
just open in a sticky manner until you select something or
click somewhere else, but to get this you don't need that
complicated logic (use Menu instead of Popup). In any case I
don't think that would be a positive answer to the original
question.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:18:46 +0100

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 09:31:12AM -0700, Mark Crocker wrote:
> longer than otherwise.

fixed

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:17:56 +0100

> Has anyone else seen this?

I can verify that something is wrong there. Apart from this
if you insist on having a 'Stay' item you should use

  +   "Stay"          Menu Window-Ops

anyway. This works and the triangle isn't displayed. I'm
seeing into this.

Bye

Dominik