Subject: FVWM: Re: KDE and GNOME compliance

From: Christopher Anthony Jason Craddock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:11:02 -0500

Hello,

fvwm2 is VERY interesting. I've used it and loved it. However, I was wondering
if fvwm will be KDE compliant and GNOME compliant. Just wondering is all =)

--
[Poppy0]--------[http://blackbox.themes.org		]
		[http://themes.org/totd			]
		[http://www1.huskynet.com/SuperBonBons	]
		[http://poppy0.dyn.ml.org		]--[Chris Craddock]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Adam L Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:24:18 +0000

> if fvwm will be KDE compliant and GNOME compliant. Just wondering is all =)

I know there is a group working on GNOME compliance (I don't have the URL
offline but if you do a search at http://freshmeat.net for fvwm2gnome it
should show up). I don't know about KDE compliance, the KDE people seemed to
have concentrated on kwm rather than making window managers in general work
nicely with KDE and so integrating it will probably be more difficult. I
would like to see it though, fvwm could provide a bridge between the GNOME
and KDE environments. Perhaps the module interface could be extended to
allow for "desktop environment integration" modules.

Sorry, I was daydreaming, what were you saying? Oh yes, look up fvwm2gnome.

-- 
Adam Rice -- [email-masked] -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England