Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons 4.1.5 disappearing when asmodem exits

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:55:31 -0500

Linux 2 (RH 5.1).

I have a line in .fvwm2rc that is this:

*FvwmButtons(Padding 4 8, Swallow(UseOld,NoKill,Respawn,NoHints) \
    asmodem 'Exec asmodem -s -d "/usr/sbin/pppd call worldnet" -h /usr/sbin/ppp-off -r "wavplay $HOME/Sounds/deadcat.wav"')

(Sorry for the long line.  Can quoted commands be broken as well?)

The options mean 
   -s "shaped" graphic for the modem picture
   -d use the quoted command to dial the ISP
   -h use the quoted command to hang up
   -r use the quoted command if reset

In fvwm 2.0.45, when hanging up, the icon would disappear and reappear
on the button bar just as I would expect.

In 2.1.4 and 2.1.5, the button bar disappears, then the asmodem icon
reappears in the upper left part of the screen.  If I restart FvwmButtons,
the button bar swallows the existing app just fine.

Ideas?
-- 
Jim Crigler   (770)975-1360 | Crown Him with many crowns
4447 Blowing Wind Dr NW     | as thrones before him fall;
Acworth GA 30101            | Crown Him ye kings who rule the earth
[email-masked]            | for He is the King of all!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].