Subject: FVWM: Menus...

From: John Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:58:58 -0800

hey guys,

this is probably a stupid quetion, but, i will ask anyway.  When I put
this in my .fvwm2rc:

SetMenuStyle  default black grey60 grey50 blue fixed anim next
(TiledPixmap stone.xpm)

it does what I would expect, and puts the pixmap tiled on the whole
menu.  But if I put:

SetMenuStyle  default black grey60 grey50 blue fixed anim next
(DGradient 128 2 lightgrey 50 blue 50 white)

Then I get three horizontal lines in the very top of the menu (they are
the color gradient), but the whole rest of the menu is grey60 (that is
what it looks like).  I would expect the menu itself to be gradient, not
three wierd line.  I would like to achieve WindowMaker like menus, is
that possible?

Cobalt (John Anderson)
([email-masked]  /  fvwm.themes.org)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:49:41 +0100

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 07:58:58PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> three wierd line.

That's right, and its a bug. BTW I just noticed that I forgot
to update the manpage. The 'next' style does not exist anymore
from 2.1.5 up. You can give the (menuface) spec to any menu
style now, so there's no need for next.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].