Subject: FVWM: please add StackingOrder patch

From: Jan Vicherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 12:28:58 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

   I'm not sure whether the StackingOrder patch is in any of the recent
releases, so I would like to make a request on behalf of people that have
many windows (I usually have 30+) on top of each other and want to switch
from pane to pane via something like "scroll +100 +0".

   Without the StackingOrder patch it *takes ages* to switch, since every
window gets displayed before the switch.

   With StackingOrder patch the switch is immediate.

   I've had no problems with the patch ever, so I would consider it stable
enough to be included in a release.

   The patch can be found at ftp://ftp.ied.com:/pub/StackingOrder.patch

     Thank you all developers for such a great WM !

        Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
                ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##
                   http://Vicherek.Waterloo.on.ca/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:41:33 -0500 (EST)

> from pane to pane via something like "scroll +100 +0".

	Jan, the StackingOrder patch is definitely *in*. I don't remember
exactly when we folded it into the development sources, but it is in the
current beta, and, of course, it will be in 2.2, er, Real Soon Now.

	I've neglected to update my Unofficial Patches page - I ought to
do that soon. The StartsOnPage and the DontFocusOffscreen patches from
that source are also in the current beta, lest you might be wondering.

- Bob