Subject: FVWM: Stretching Pixmaps

From: John Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:56:03 -0800

Hey there,

I have looked through the man pages extensively, and haven't found any
references to being able to stretch pixmaps, like in the titlebar.  Is
there any way to do this?  If not, I think it is a feature that is
really needed.

Thanks,
Cobalt (John Anderson)
( [email-masked]  /  fvwm.themes.org )

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:11:22 -0500

> there any way to do this?  If not, I think it is a feature that is

My first reaction was,  "Oh no, not more bloat!".    Then I looked  in
rxvt to see how it's done there:

        temp=XCreatePixmap(Xdisplay,TermWin.vt,
                           szHint.width,orig_att.height,
                           DefaultDepth(Xdisplay,0));
        gc=XCreateGC(Xdisplay,TermWin.vt,(unsigned long)0,&gcvals);
        ox=0;
        for(rx=0;rx<szHint.width;rx++) {
          XCopyArea(Xdisplay,orig_pixmap,temp,gc,
                    (int)ox,0,1,orig_att.height,rx,0);
          ox+=((double)orig_att.width/(double)szHint.width);
        }
        ox=0;
        for(rx=0;rx<szHint.height;rx++) {
          XCopyArea(Xdisplay,temp,bg_pixmap,gc,
                    0,(int)ox,szHint.width,1,0,rx);
          ox+=((double)orig_att.height/(double)szHint.height);
        }

Only  the code starting at "XCreateGC"  is additional.  I  left in the
"XCreatePixmap" to give some context.  Not really that bad.

Right now, the only things going into fvwm2 are changes that will help
us release a stable 2.2.  After that, who knows?

You might consider entering an enhancement request thru Jitterbug.

Of course, patches are better than requests.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].