Subject: FVWM: menu icons don't display

From: Robin Goldstone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:32:37 -0800

I am using fvwm2 (2.0.46-11) as comes bundled with Red Hat 2.5.
I have a problem where many of my mini-icons are not being
displayed.  A few are, but most aren't.  For example, my
.fvwm2rc file contains:

AddToMenu "Utilities" "Utilities" Title
+ "Top%mini-run.xpm%"                   Exec rxvt -font 7x14 -T Top -n
Top -e top &
+ "Calculator%mini-calc.xpm%"           Exec xcalc &
+ "Manual pages%mini-book1.xpm%"        Exec xman &
+ "Magnifying glass%mini-zoom.xpm%"     Exec xmag &
+ "Oclock%mini-clock.xpm%"              Exec oclock &
+ ""                                    Nop
+ "Applications%mini-x2.xpm%"           Popup Applications
+ "Shells%mini-term.xpm%"               Popup Shells
+ "Games%mini-happy.xpm%"               Popup Games
+ ""                                    Nop

Out of these eight items, I only get icons for three of them:
top, magnifying glass and Oclock.  The other ones have no icon 
and instead include the literal string above i.e.

Calculator%mini-calc.xpm%

I have verified that the named files do exist in 
/usr/share/icon/mini, which is defined in the PixmapPath
variable.  I can view these icon files with xv.  

Any clues what would cause an icon not to be displayed?  I have 
read the FAQ and perused the mailing list archives and can't find
any similar messages.

I am not sure what other info to provide about my environment.
I am running on an NCD X-term which gets served by my linux
box via xdm.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-Robin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].