Subject: FVWM: Now What?!

From: Leonel Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:34:40 +0000

Hi ppl!
I've just made some cool changes to fvwm2 (mainly cosmetics, it looks
nicer), and i would like to send a patch, but, how the hell can I make a
patch! (what a lame I am)

PS - I've had the menu problem too! (fvwm crashes when you hit a cursor
key while you have a menu open!)

Thanks!
LM

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:40:21 +0100

> patch! (what a lame I am)

For each file you changed, do this:

  diff -u file.orig file

Where 'file' is the filename. If you diff does not have unified
diffs (-u) you can use contextual diffs (-c). This should be in the
FAQ too.

> key while you have a menu open!)

That is fixed in the CVS tree.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Shochat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 06:12:47 -0500

> patch! (what a lame I am)
A patch wouldn't work unless we all had the same initial state of the
configuration file (I assume you're talking about a patch for .fvwm2rc).
This is unlikely, since everybody has a different initial state. What
you could do is post your *entire* .fvwm2rc on a web page or something.

But to answer your question, look at the info pages for diff. If you use
Emacs, you can get into info with Help->Browse Manuals
(Help->Manuals->Browse Manuals with Info in later versions) or ctl-h i
(that's the nicest way). But you can also just use the standalone info
program ("info diff").

-- David