Subject: FVWM: Two bug I found in FvwmButtons with panel (Fvwm-2.1.4)

From: Guangyong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:25:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I think I've found another two bugs in FvwmButtons using panel in
fvwm-2.1.4 on my linux 2.0.36 PC.
 I have a buttonbar composed of a few panels, like the flollowing:

*FvwmButtons(Title Terminal,Icon xterm.linux_3d.xpm,Panel (right)
Terminal)
*FvwmButtons(Title PPP,Icon ppp.xpm,Panel (right) PPP)
*FvwmButtons(Title Softwares,Icon pick_3d.xpm,Panel (right) Softwares)
*FvwmButtons(Title Games,Icon games.xpm ,Panel (right) Games)
*FvwmButtons(Title WinOps,Icon bomb_defuse_3d.xpm,Panel (right) WinOps)
*FvwmButtons(Title Exit,Icon quit.xpm,Panel (right) Exit)
#*FvwmButtons(Title ,Icon ,Panel (right) )

and in the panel "Softwares" I have two more sub-panel defined:

*FvwmButtonsPanel Softwares
*FvwmButtonsGeometry +0+0
*FvwmButtonsRows 1		
*FvwmButtonsBack bisque2	
*FvwmButtonsFore #f020f0
*FvwmButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*FvwmButtons(Title Emacs,Icon gnu-animal.xpm, Action  `Exec
/usr/bin/emacs &`) 
*FvwmButtons(Title Plan,Icon cal_3d.xpm, Action  `Exec
/usr/local/bin/plan`) 
*FvwmButtons(Title ICQ,Icon icq.xpm, Action  `Exec /home/gxu/bin/ICQ`) 
*FvwmButtons(Title StarOffice ,Icon office.xpm, Action  `Exec
/home/gxu/opt/Office50/bin/soffice`) 
*FvwmButtons(Title Top,Icon xload.next.xpm, Action  `Exec
/home/gxu/bin/xtop`)
*FvwmButtons(Title Audio,Icon Music.xpm,Panel (up) Audio )
*FvwmButtons(Title Graphics,Icon paint2_3d.xpm,Panel (down) Graphics)

The first bug comes like this:
When I press the botton "Softwares" to bring out the panel "Softwares",
then press the botton "Audio" in the panel to bring out a second panel,
a child of the first one. I press the botton "Softwares" again, the first
panel "Softwares" disappeared, but the panel "Audio" is still there,
hanging in the air!!

The second bug: if I bring out more in one panels at a time such as
"Terminal", "Softwares", "PPP", etc., and press a button in any of these
panel bars, as the command gets executed, all the panels disappear! I
believe the right way is either the panel with the button I pressed should
disappear and the others should remain, or they should all remain until
being pulled back manually. 

Did anyone else on other systems experience the same thing? I'd like to
know if this is a bug of the program. Thanks.

Best wishes,
G.Xu

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:00:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Guangyong Xu wrote:

: Hi, I think I've found another two bugs in FvwmButtons using panel
: in fvwm-2.1.4 on my linux 2.0.36 PC.

Your previous messages, and my success in adapting my FvwmButtons
set-up to the new format, led me to experiment a bit with
FvwmButtonPanels.  I copied the WindowOps example from the man page
and got it working (with the addition of the Up as you mentioned) but
it froze my session once, necessitating a hard reboot, and once it
killed X.  I've gone back to not using FvwmButtonPanels.  

Aside from those problems, everything's fine here, with a pretty
standard 486 Slackware Linux 2.0.32 gcc 2.7.2.2 system.

Bill
-- 
William Denton | Toronto, Canada | http://www.vex.net/~buff/ | Caveat lector.
"'Whom are you?' said he, for he had been to night school." - George Ade

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:49:58 +0100

On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 09:25:17PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>...

I have applied the fix. Please verify that with the
current CVS source.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].