Subject: FVWM: retrieving data; resizing windows

From: Zack Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:35:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've only just started using FVWM and I'm trying to get my bearings. I have
two questions at the moment:

1) I love the FvwmCommand/FvwmCommandS thing. But the scripts that I want to
write for them need to query fvwm for things like window sizes and
locations, viewport location, and so on. How can I get access to that data?

2) How can I set up keybindings to resize an active window without doing any
mouse dragging or requiring the mouse to be in any particular location?

I'd like to thank the developers for making a really great program.

Zack

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:17:35 -0700 (MST)

> locations, viewport location, and so on. How can I get access to that data?

Try:
    Fvwm send_windowlist

For more info on flags

    Fvwm -i3 send_windowlist

 > mouse dragging or requiring the mouse to be in any particular location?

You can add a function to do resizing and moving. Then, bind a key to the
function. If you need more control flow, or size calculation and such, 
bind a key to a shell script. You can call FvwmCommand to do the
actual window operation in the script.

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai          [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].