Subject: FVWM: Signal handling - user research

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:14:09 -0500

Hi,
I have had a few questions about the changes I have made to the signal
handling. People are primarily concerned with the portability of POSIX.1
signals, especially concerning older systems. So, as a matter of market
research, can anyone whose system does NOT support any of the following
functions please email me at "[email-masked]", describing the
signal functions that your system does support?

sigaction
sigprocmask
sigemptyset
sigaddset
sigsetjmp
siglongjmp

I think that most people should have sigaction: if people are just
missing signal-mask/set functionality then I might be able to make
POSIX-looking wrappers around whatever masking functions you do have -
provided I know what's available to work with (and know the #defines
which describe your system) ... :-)

Cheers,
Chris.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].