Subject: FVWM: controlling the mouse with the keyboard

From: "Jose' Manuel Pereira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 00:19:36 +0000 (WET)

"A" == Alan  <[email-masked]> writes:

  A> I'm using Fvwm Version 1.24r and XFree86 3.3.1. I have successfully
  A> enabled MouseKeys (part of the X Keyboard Extension) (including button
  A> clicks via the keyboard) using info found at
  A> ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/faqs/FAQ.

  A> I'm having two problems:

  A> 1) Mouse motion is slow --- 1 pixel per key repeat. Therefore, could
  A> someone please point me toward documentation on configuring MouseKeys
  A> from the X Keyboard (XKB) Extension? (I apologize that this is not really
  A> an fvwm issue, but I'm guessing some of you out there might know and I'd
  A> appreciate your indulgence.)

Try pressing Shift or Ctrl once _after_ starting the move. I'm sure it's in
the above FAQ as well.

This must be some default configuration of XFree, since vanilla X11R6.1 on a
Sparc apparently uses the normal mouse acceleration settings. Which is loads
more useful, IMHO.

OTOH, in my Sparc, kp_9 moves up instead of right+up diagonal... I should read 
that FAQ again, I guess.

  A> 2) After enabling Mousekeys, some of my fvwm configurations seem to get
  A> messed up. In particular, I have

  A> Mouse 1 W M RaiseLower

  A> in my .fvwmrc, which lowers windows by meta-clicking anywhere in the
  A> window. Restarting fvwm doesn't seem to do the trick. Neither does
  A> disabling MouseKeys. Any suggestions/fixes?

What does "messed up" exactly mean? BTW, that keybinding doesn't look a
generally good idea. I'm certain there are apps besides emacs using that ;-)

Cumprimentos,

-- 
 Jose' Pereira				 		Tel. +351.1.841 9340
 DEEC - Dep. of Electrical and Computer Engineering	Fax. +351.1.841 7499
 Instituto Superior Tecnico - Technical University of Lisboa
 Av. Rovisco Pais - 1049-001 Lisboa - Portugal
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].