Subject: FVWM: StaysOnBottom style?

From: "Colin J. Wynne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:30:40 -0500 (EST)

I don't suppose there's an undocumented StaysOnBottom window style
that would be the obvious analogue to StaysOnTop?

Having recently installed Rasterman's Eterm, I would like to run my
console in a transparent Eterm, essentially making it look like part
of the root window, and I would only want it above other windows when
I explicitly raise it.

So, if there isn't such a beast, *could* there be, oh ye mighty
developers out there? :)

CJW

--
**********************************************************************
    /\        Colin J. Wynne            Johns Hopkins University
   (())                              Dep't of Mathematical Sciences
  /____\   ``Lunatic-at-Large''        E-Mail: [email-masked]
 /______\   
/________\   Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
                           explained by stupidity.
**********************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:40:28 +0000

> that would be the obvious analogue to StaysOnTop?

No, sorry. StayOnTop uses a flag and there aren't any spares

> So, if there isn't such a beast, *could* there be, oh ye mighty

One day. After the great style flag rewrite.  There is a hack that will
keep just one window at the bottom.  FvwmAuto can call any arbitrary
function and you can use that to keep lowering a particular window e.g.

Module FvwmAuto AutoLower
AddToFunc AutoLower "I" Next [ ConsoleWindow ] Lower

If you start your eterm with the name ConsoleWindow it will get lowered
whenever you change focus.

Cheers,
Tim Phipps.