Subject: FVWM: Desktop and sounds

From: Greg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:09:24 +0000

How do I change the default sounds on my desktop to ones the I would
prefer (That bounceing sound is irratating) and I also what to change
the Background picture to one I used in M$ Windows?? If I remeber right
there is a file somewhere that has all this set, but I cannot remeber
where it is or what name it is or even if there is another way to change
all this

Greg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:47:26 +0100

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 07:09:24PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> prefer (That bounceing sound is irratating)

That depends on how the sounds are generated. If you are using
FvwmAudio or FvwmEvents the configuration should be in your
.fvwm2rc file (maybe the system-wide file). See the manpages for
this modules for details.

> and I also what to change

You can do that quite a few ways. You may find that in .fvwm2rc or
perhaps xinitrc (/usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit on my system) or in ~/.xinitrc.
The background image may be set by FvwmBanner (see manpage) or perhaps
by xsetroot, xpmroot or xv.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:59:51 +0100

> The background image may be set by FvwmBanner (see manpage) or perhaps
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^

FvwmBacker that is.

Dominik

---

From: Dave Cole <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:53:01 -0800 (GMT+8)

Hi Greg,

Here is a cut of my .fvwm2rc file, I have this at the very last...  Hope this
helps...

Dave

*FvwmAudioPlayCmd auplay
*FvwmAudioDir /usr/X11R6/lib/TkDesk/sounds
*FvwmAudioDelay 5 
*FvwmAudio raise_window start.au
*FvwmAudio lower_window whistle.au
*FvwmAudio startup perfectly.au
*FvwmAudio shutdown daisy.au