Subject: FVWM: Hello ?

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:55:12 +0200

Hello fvwm users.
	I'm coming from Fvwm Home page and it has not been updated since may 
1998. Is the wm dead ? It would be very sad, I'm using it every day on my linux 
box and it's a very good software.
	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:03:32 -0500

> box and it's a very good software.

Its  far  from dead.   Expect  news soon.   I don't  have  a date, but
recently a lot of work has gone into the project, and the results will
be available when they are ready.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 1998 10:46:34 -0600

>>>>> "FV" == Fabien Villard <[email-masked]> writes:

FV> I'm coming from Fvwm Home page and it has not been updated since may

We can always use people who like to update web pages, if you're
volunteering.

FV> Is the wm dead ?

I don't think you could say so, given the enormous amount of work that's
gone into it over the last few weeks.  The testing releases are on the FTP
site if you want to look at them.

I have procured a dedicated machine to serve up FVWM info, which will be
going online soon (perhaps today if I can figure out name-based virtual
hosting) with updated web pages.  The fvwm-workers list is very active.
The CVS tree is available for anonymous access (more info if you need it)
and I hope to have anonymous rsync running soon as well.

Good things are happening.  The software is by no means dead.

 - J<

---

From: Magnus & Tina <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 19:09:53 +0100 (GMT+0100)

In the CVS there are updated web pages.
Why not put them on the web?

/// Magnus

> Good things are happening.  The software is by no means dead.

      .---.        .----------- Magnus Back
     /     \  __  /    ------   Nippon Ericsson K.K
    / /     \(  )/    -----     SY/NRJ/SV/F MBK
   //////   ' \/ `   ---        [email-masked] (work)
  //// / // :    : ---          [email-masked]             (home)
 // /   /  /`    '--            +81-45-475-0418 phone
//          //..\\              +81-45-475-0040 fax
       ====UU====UU====         http://www2.gol.com/users/magnus/
           '//||\\`            
             ''``
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1998 09:50:54 -0600

>>>>> "M&T" == Magnus & Tina <[email-masked]> writes:

M&T> In the CVS there are updated web pages. Why not put them on the web?

Because they refer to a not-released version of FVWM;.  We will release
everything in concert.

 - J<