Subject: FVWM: Windows with excess of personality

From: xopxe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:51:32 -0300

Hi!

1st point, sorry for my no-english

I have a very annoying problem. I had it with RedHat 4.2 and now with
5.0 (with other wm's I never nad it). It consists in the fact that after
some time working, suddenly one window refuses to leave the foreground.
When I click on another window, it blinks but nothing changes. I can
even move windows around an resize them, and select menus and such, but
as the windows aren't selected, I can't write in them. If I close the
super-window, some other receives his super-powers.
One way that never fails to reproduce this, is try to debug something in
xwpe. The window in wich the app being debugged run is "bewitched", and
there's no way to return to xwpe window.

My instalation is pretty standard. I have an AMD586 + S3ViRGE. The only
changes I have made to the standard config where to set-up X to use 3
buttons mouse, and use tcsh as the shell. Now than I think on this, The
first windows in  degenerate are xterms, mostly.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].