Subject: FVWM: FVWM2 Compile Errors (the completion)

From: brandon maust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:37:32 -0500

>Have you re-processed the ld.so.conf?  I think this is required for ld to
>work properly.  The command is ldconfig.  Apologies if this is old news.

I tried this but it didn't seem to help.  I had just re-built Imake so i imagine that probably took care of it.

>You might need to give ld the '-L' option to tell it the directory which
>the library is in. i.e. ld -L /path/to/Xpm-lib a.o b.o ... -lXpm

>I think the compiler is looking for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.a. It seems a
>good thing to do is to check if you have it. [...]

These were both part of the problem.  Apparently my libXpm.a was in /usr/X11R6.3/lib instead, so i just copied the files (i would have sym. linked them, but i seem to always mess things up with that); it was a dirty solution, but i don't have much time for anything else right now.

Anyway it compiled now.  Thanks so much for the help

(ps  apparently the message sent twice...my apologies)

--
/   \ Brandon Maust
|-@-| [email-masked]
\   / http://www.enter.net/~bmaust

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].