Subject: FVWM: how to kill warping?

From: Carl Ellison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:11:28 -0800

I recently installed RedHat 5.0 and found that fvwm2 behaved differently 
than it did under 4.2.  It took me a couple of weeks to track down the right 
word for the difference:  warp.

I noticed that when I would push the Start button, my cursor would jump to 
the top of the Start pop-up menu.  When I would select screen lock, the 
cursor would jump to the default button on that window.  So, after I 
discovered (by scanning the archive of this list) that this was called 
"warp", I at least knew what to look for.

I realize this is a matter of personal preference, but to me cursor warp is 
as bad as CAPS LOCK -- something to be killed completely.

I finally did a find,grep and found all references to warp under /etc/X11 -- 
and commented them out of the config files.

This leaves me almost satisfied.

I still have the problem that clicking Start warps me to the top of that menu.

How do I stop that?  Is there a hidden config file for that or is it buried 
in the executable someplace?

Are there other config files I need to find so that I can nuke the warping?

Thanks,

	Carl

+--------------------------------------------------------+
|Carl Ellison      Intel             E: [email-masked] |
|2111 NE 25th Ave  M/S JF3-373       T: +1-503-264-2900  |
|Hillsboro OR 97124                  F: +1-503-264-6225  |
+--------------------------------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:38:04 +0100

> in the executable someplace?

Warping depends on the type of menus you use. I don't know which
version you are using, so I can't tell you how exactly to do this.
You are probably using FVWM menus at the moment. MWM-style menus
don't warp, FVWM menus do. So changing the menu style should help
(I think the command is called MenuStyle, but I don't know much
about 'history').

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].