Subject: FVWM: How to set the background

From: Graham Lillico +44 1785 782329 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:00:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I am using fvwm2 on my Debian 2.0 box and for the life of me I can't get 
the initfunction to execute xpmroot.  I know the command is right 
because it works from an xterm.  So how can I get it working properly 
and where abouts should i put it in my .fvwm2rc file?

Regards

Graham.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:48:45 -0400 (EDT)

When I switched from slackware to debian a while ago, I had to go in
and add full paths to my .fvwm2rc. It seems that the PATH isn't set to 
include the X binaries when fvwm2 initalizes. Try adding the path
(/usr/bin/X11/xpmroot). 

Also, did you upgrade to debian from 1.3? On the machine that I
upgraded, I had an old-libc-compiled version of xpmroot in
/usr/local/bin.

- Jim