Subject: FVWM: Get current mouse selection in fvwm2?

From: "Eddy J. Gurney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 06:54:54 -0400

Is there any way to get the current mouse selection in an fvwm2 function
as use it as a "variable"?

i.e., I'd like to highlight something (like a machine name, for example)
and then select a menu item or press a function key that would execute an
fvwm2 function that would log me in to that machine. e.g.:

AddToFunc RshHost               "I" Exec xterm -T $0 -n $0 -e rsh $selection &

where "$selection" is just something I made up that would contain the
contents of the current X selection.

Any ideas?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 07:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

This isn't exactly what you want but this might work
 
AddToFunc RshHost  "I" Exec xterm -T $0 -n $0 -e rsh \ 
`xprop -root CUT_BUFFER0 | sed 's/^.*=..\(.*\).$/\1/'` &

I didn't test this but I know the xprop thing works in a shell script so
once you get the quoting right it should work

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous