Subject: FVWM: Strangeness with FvwmGoodStuff and xterm/rxvt/nxterm?

From: Dan Birchall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:17:26 -0400

Hi folks,

I run Red Hat Linux 5.1 and Fvwm2 on my laptop.

I set myself up with an FvwmGoodStuff menubar today.  It takes up
less space than the TaskBar did (my Linux laptop is 640x480) and
is reminiscent of the SGI Indy on my desk at work (which I rarely
use since my laptop is cooler :).

The weirdness is as follows.

If, from FvwmGoodStuff, or from an FVWM menu popped up by FGS,
I launch (using Exec, Exec exec, or Exec tcsh -t exec ;)
an instance of xterm, nxterm (aka color-xterm) or rxvt,
and DON'T -e an interactive application, instead getting a 
command line shell (this includes having the xterm -e the shell, 
or having it -e a perl script that launches the shell, or even
having FGS Exec a perl script that launches the xterm), when
I *exit* that term window, FvwmGoodStuff dies too.

If I pop up an application in an Xterm that lets me start a new
shell in that Xterm, do so, then exit back to the application 
and exit the app, FvwmGoodStuff survives.

Yes, I have a & at the end of the command line. :)

I'm snagging TkGoodStuff as I type this, to see if I get different
results...

Any thoughts?

-Dan

-- 
Dan Birchall, Moorestown NJ.  Linux, NEC Versa 2000C, Cannondale. 
Number-1 fan of Maisha - fansite at http://www.scream.org/maisha/
"Make sure wheel is correctly attached to bicycle before riding!"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].