Subject: FVWM: Exec : what went wrong here?

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:19:50 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I like to bind actions to menus (don't we all).
Many nice programs are terminal based so I like to invoke them with:

Exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -e <program-name>

or something similar.

When I invoke the following line from within an xterm things behave as
expected:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -e /usr/bin/rtin   

... but when I use the action

Exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -e /usr/bin/rtin

in my .fvwm2rc file, things no longer work. The action, which in my case is 

bound to a menu, just pops up an xterm which then promptly disappears.

This is frustrating because stuff like:

Exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -e /usr/bin/pine

works just fine.

How can I fix this problem, and where did I go wrong?

Thanks,

Neil
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].