Subject: FVWM: Hello and a question

From: "Mark Manning/Muniz Eng." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:35:15 -0500

I just subscribed to the list.  So hello to everyone.  :-)

My first question is - is there a way to set the unhilighted color?

I've looked and looked but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
So I'm also putting in a suggestion:

Could hilightcolor be changed to:

ActiveColor  and  InactiveColor

???

I believe this would be more in keeping with the rest of the way in
which fvwm works.  (ie: TitleStyle, ButtonStyle, BorderStyle, et al.)

TIA!  :-)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toy Keeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:14:09 -0600

Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
> > Yes, but it's not the same way as other things are configured.  :(
> >
> > It's the sort of thing which cannot be changed with a Decor command.  I
> > don't actually remember the unhighlighted color command, but it's
> > somewhat of a pain to use.
> >
> > I can give you more info later if you like.
> 
> PS: I know I can do the TiledPixmap thing to change the border.  Is it
> similar?
> Anyway, thanks again!  :-)

Hmmm...

What say you just take a look at my .fvwm2rc?  It's got good examples of
what you can do with "decors" and what you can't.  Here's the URL:
	http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/Linux/fvwm/

The setup has several different "themes" in one configuration file, and
the page has a screenshot of each theme.  A theme includes only the
appearance of the window borders, including size, color, texture,
etc...  However, all the themes share a common "inactive highlight"
color because it otherwise looks bad when windows from more than one
theme are onscreen.  Another attribute not configurable per-window with
themes is the border width.  :(  So, even though "themes" include this
attribute, it's a hack and doesn't work well when changing themes
per-window on the fly.

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  -----------"Use the source, Luke!"---------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:[email-masked]           |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:[email-masked]         |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].