Subject: FVWM: Mini-Icons

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:10:46 +0100 (GMT)

I use an fvwm2 setup which gives a similar effect to (but is not
derived from) fvwm95. Is there a means of getting the allocation
of mini-icons to the title bars of apps based on eg the window
class as opposed to its name? As an example gmc (the gnome
midnight commander) has -

Name <home directory>
Icon Name <home directory>
Class gmc
Resource gmc

The window appears with the default mini icon, presumably because
the Style for gmc is not recognised (it looks for a Style <home
directory> ... leaving aside apps like code crusader which
appear to have meaningless entries in all the above is there a way
of getting the style to be based on the Class or Resource? Or could
a qualifier be added to the Style lines to point it at a specific
characteristic? (like the below)

Style  R "gmc"           MiniIcon mini-filemngr.xpm

or

Style  C "MyApp"         MiniIcon mini-lashup.xpm

This would also be useful for apps which spawn multiple windows, eg
an IDE that launches say an editor, debugger, help browser etc -
commonly one ends up with the mini-icon correct on only one of the
windows. One can set them individually but it would be useful if 
(where one of the above is common) one could set the mini-icon 
common to all.

Any comments/Observations?

Cheers

Kim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].