Subject: Re: FVWM: Key Bindings

From: Dan Boger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 10:36:01 +0300

At 14:01 02/09/98 -0400, Bob Ruddy wrote:
>I am having trouble and can not find sufficent documentation on how to
>bind modules and commands to the Function keys. I would also like to be
>able to bind a module or command to Alt+Fx. I would like these bindings to
>work independatly of were the mouse is located in the screen. I have tried
>some lines like this in my .fvwmrc file. I have not gotten it to work. I
>am use RedHat-5.1 Thanks for your help.
>
>Key F1 R N Popup "Utilities"

just a side note, root bindings don't work very well with sloppy focus,
since you don't lose the focus of the window when you move out of a window. 

if you're using sloppyfocus, you should avoid R bindings. :)

Dan
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:42:27 -0400

On Fri, 04 Sep 1998 10:36:01 +0300
Dan Boger <[email-masked]> 
> if you're using sloppyfocus, you should avoid R bindings. :)

Oh, I dunno. I use lots of R bindings with SloppyFocus with no problems
at all. JM2c.

Ric