Subject: FVWM: Strange menu key behavior

From: ToyKeeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:59:34 -0600

Hello...

I've been using Fvwm for quite a while, and have recently noticed some
odd behavior regarding menu key-shorcuts.

I can bring up a "Start" menu by pressing Ctrl-Esc (cheesy, I know, but
I find it useful).  I frequently use it for "Ctrl-Esc, (P)rograms,
(I)nternet, (N)etscape)".

If my emacs window has focus, the "Ctrl-esc" and "p" go to the menu
system, and the "i" and "n" are sent to emacs.  If I move the focus to
any other window, the problem disappears, and does not come back until
next time Fvwm is started.

This isn't a really annoying bug, but it seemed like it was worth
mentioning.  I'll investigate further if anyone cares.

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  -----------"Use the source, Luke!"---------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:[email-masked]           |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:[email-masked]         |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Lee Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Sep 1998 10:27:54 +0100

> next time Fvwm is started.

Hmm, well I've noticed this problem for some time, but until now hadn't
noticed that it only happened when Emacs had focus (And after
experimenting a bit it seems that you're right about that!)

> mentioning.  I'll investigate further if anyone cares.

If you can find out what's wrong I'll be very grateful, I've dug a bit
in the sources but couldn't find anything that seemes obviously wrong
and I really don't have the time for in depth checking :(

Cheers,
Lee.
-- 
Lee Willis
GBDirect Ltd, 27 Park Drive, Heaton, Bradford, UK, BD9 4DS
Tel: +44 (0)1274 772277