Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons

From: Dan Boger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:53:43 +0200

This may be a newbie question, but I can't seem to find the answer to it
anywhere in the man pages. Is there some way to destroy the definitions
of a buttonbar? something like "DestroyMenu" for buttons?

When I make a new buttonbar, I experiment a lot with it before it's
final. I put it in a tmpfile and from FvwmTalk read the file and start
the module. The thing is, every time I read the file, it just adds to
the previous definitions.

Any way to work around this?

Thanks,
  Dan Boger

---

From: "Mark M. Egan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:12:32 -0500 (CDT)

the short answer:

include this command just before the section where you define
FvwmButtons within the file:

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmButtons*

the long answer:

from what i understand, it is common for an experienced fvwm user to
incluse the Destroy tags just before defining certain items (menues,
functions, decors and modules).  this ensures that if the file is re-read
by fvwm, the old definitions are erased.  for example, in my .fvwm2rc file
i'm going to define a menu named "Beep".  Including the DestroyMenu tag
that, full definition would look like this:

DestroyMenu "Beep"
AddToMenu "Beep" "Beep Me" Title
+ "" Nop
+ "ok!" Beep

:)

i hope this helps...

mark

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].