Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2 on a Sun Sparc

From: Stepson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 14:14:35 -0400

Hey all,
I'm trying to install FVWM2 on my Sun Sparc 2, running Solaris 2.6.  I
have the latest gcc compiler (2.7.2 or the like?), and first gnu
complains of an unrecognized language (cg92) but appears to continue to
compile, but then I get a:
Picture.c:33: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory

I checked in /usr/include/X11, and sure enough, its not there!  I tried
commenting out the line that calls the xpm header file, but that didn't
help (I don't know much C to be honest).  So, any help would be
apprecaited.  Resond privately, if possible.

~Ernie
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Juan J. Quintela" <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Sep 1998 20:44:26 +0200

> apprecaited.  Resond privately, if possible.

Hi,
	The X11/xpm.h is part of the Xpm package that you can find in
	in ftp.x.org. I think that it is in the contrib directory.

	With respect to the gcc errors, they are due to the fact that
	you have configured your xmkmf for the Sun C compiler, if you
	want to stop the warnings you need to change the configuration
	of that.

Hope this helps.

Later, Juan.