Subject: FVWM: Re: Is FVWM flakey? How bout KDE & GNOME?

From: Brian Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:28:47 -0700

Richard Kaszeta wrote:
> 
> Ding-Jung Han <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I'm curious -- what is this num-lock stuff to do with flakeyness of
> > FVWM?
> 
> The num-lock is a modifier... so instead of fvwm seeing your mouse clicks
> as plain mouse clicks it sees them as "mouse-clicks with the num-lock
> modifier set" and the typical .fvwm2rc file isn't set up with a mouse
> binding for these events, so it does nothing.
> 
> Intelligent editting of one's .fvwm2rc file corrects this problem.
> 
> This is a FAQ.
> 
Hmmmm...

I was able to fix this behaviour in .fvwm2rc for switching applications
when clicking on the menu bar, but *not* when clicking in the interior
of the window.  There doesn't seem to be any option to control this
outside of patching the code.  A search of the FAQ and the fvwm mailing
list archive doesn't reveal how to fix this either.

It's either a documentation problem or a bug.  If it's a bug, it's not
in the change log for recent versions and it's not on the developers
TODO list.  If it's a documentation problem, it's not documented in the
latest man pages.

-Brian
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].