Subject: FVWM: Raise/Lower/RaiseLower: better feature is missing

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:38:22 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I use Fvwm with the Raise, Lower, RaiseLower options to perform the obvious
window operations.

Say I have 10 windows on the desktop and one window (theone with the focus)
is on top of another 6.
Clicking lower or raiselower (by selecting the window operation from a menu)
will place the window below all other 6 windows.
It would be nice if there was a StepLower function that placed a window only
below the one right below it. That way things get a little easier on cluttered desktops, especially when using the top three of six windows all at a time on
a small screen.

Neil Zanella
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:21:54 +0100 (GMT)

> below the one right below it. That way things get a little easier on cluttered desktops, especially when using the top three of six windows all at a time on

And I would like to see, when one performs an operation that involves a
'Raise', the window is raised over sticky (always on top) windows
followed by a 'Lower' back under them when the operation is complete.

Tying in with your 'levels of raising' effectively raising a dragged
window (for example) to a top 'level' above that of a (Sticky) task bar
for the duration of the drag.

Anyone else want this? or know how to do it?

Cheers

Kim