Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 on my Sparc 2 (again)

From: Stepson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:09:19 -0400

Hey all, 
thanks for the fvwm tips, I found xpm in package format, and have
installed it, and am trying fvwm again.  All day actually!  Now, after
several errors during the make... the final error is:
lk: fatal: library -lXpm: not found
What gives?  I know I installed xpm, and in /usr/include/X11, xpm.h
exists... what am I missing (I know its gotta be dumb)

~Ernie
P.S. Solaris 2.6 if that helps.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: patrick finerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:42:40 -0600 (MDT)

> exists... what am I missing (I know its gotta be dumb)

add this to the linker command:

-L/usr/lib... whatever the path to the libXpm.so. library is. you
don't specify the actual library, just the path to it.

the problem is that the linker does not know where to find the lib.
this may also be fixed by simply running ldconfig and then trying to
link the package.

-pjf
-- 
       "There is only one aim in life and that is to live it."
 Karl Shapiro,(1959) from an essay on Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer
	  finger [email-masked] for PGP key
		    http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].