Subject: FVWM: Need help for configure

From: Ionut Borcoman at home <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:19:36 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to fvwm2. Till recently I've used KDE, but since last week I'm
using fvwm2 + gnome 0.2. My machine is running debian hamm frozen (some
files are maybe a bit old :(). Here are my questions:

1. I want to make something similar with KDE win list. I've done this
till now:

*FvwmWinListBack DarkOliveGreen
*FvwmWinListFore PaleGoldenRod
*FvwmWinListFont -*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1, Focus
*FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify
*FvwmWinListAction Click3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList
*FvwmWinListUseIconNames
*FvwmWinListGeometry +0+0
*FvwmWinListMinWidth 100
*FvwmWinListMaxWidth 100

The problem is that I would like to bind the Click 3 to "Popup
Window-Ops". If I simply do

*FvwmWinListAction Click3 Popup Window-Ops

the Window-Ops seems to be the Popup of the FvwmWinList. Instead, I want
it to be the Popup of the window's name I'm clicking on. For instance,
if I keep mouse over xtrem entry in the FvwmWinList and click 3, I want
to popup the Window-Ops of the xterm, not the Window-Ops of the
FvwmWinList.

2. I would like to keep the area of FvwmWinList and the area under it if
free of windows. Can this be handled automaticaly ? I mean by this at
least 2 things:
a) no window should be created with X geometry less than 100
(accordingly to my above setting)
b) maximizing should use all the area excepting the area of and under
FvwmWinList.

And now some gnome related questions:

3. Can I swalow the FvwmPager in the gnome panel ? If yes, then how it
can be done ?
4. Is there any working for making FvwmPager gnome compliant ?

TIA,

Ionutz
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].