Subject: FVWM: key bindings to assign window focus

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:54:23 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I am running Fvwm 2.0.46. I like to use SloppyFocus to give focus to windows
since it's definitely more convenient than the other solutions.

However, sometimes I would like to use keyboard bindings to give focus to
windows. Linux users who dual boot like myself are probably familiar with
this concept since win95 uses it (I forget which keys are boud to the "give
focus to another window" action in win95).

So, how can I implement this feature in Fvwm2?

The two mail reasons for which this functionality is useful are:

1) It makes things faster since you don't have to reach out to the mouse
   at least when just using xterms with text based programs in them.
   
2) Another application of this feature is the following:
   In Netscape, when you point with the mouse at a link you see the
   actual URL on the bottom part of the browser. Suppose you wanted to copy such   URL down. You could leave the mouse pointing there and switch to another
   text based window and copy it down. So, it seems useful that you be
   able to use both the cursor within an Xterm and the X cursor for combined
   functionality.

Of course, other uses could also apply.

BTW, to restore SloppyFocus one would just have to move the X cursor to a
window border.

If the functionality I describe or a similar one already exists then please
reply either to the mailing list or in person at: [email-masked]

Thanks,

Neil Zanella
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].