Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan placement

From: "Marc D. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:50:10 PST8PDT

I use fvwm 2 using the 3Dpixmaps default fvwm2rc file.
Fvwmiconman is in the upper left corner by default. Since most programs
iconify to that area they wind up being covered by fvwmiconman.
I'd like to put it in the upper right corner and have it stay there.
I've made changes to the geometry settings with no change.

Here's what I believe are the relevant portion of .fvwm2rc (I think).

       *FvwmIconMan*nummanagers 1
       *FvwmIconMan*resolution  global
       *FvwmIconMan*background  #A0A0A0
       *FvwmIconMan*foreground  black
       *FvwmIconMan*font "-adobe-new century schoolbook-bold-r-
           normal-*-10-100-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1"
#       *FvwmIconMan*font        7x13
       *FvwmIconMan*geometry    +909+0
       *FvwmIconMan*action      click3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent
#       *FvwmIconMan*action      select Focus 0
       *FvwmIconMan*showtitle   false
       *FvwmIconMan*followfocus true
       *FvwmIconMan*sort        true
       *FvwmIconMan*plainbutton          up black #A0A0A0
       *FvwmIconMan*selectbutton         down Wheat SlateBlue4
       *FvwmIconMan*focusbutton          up white brown
       *FvwmIconMan*focusandselectButton down Wheat SlateBlue4

Is the geometry setting correct? When I placed iconman where I want
it I checked with xwininfo and fvwmident to verify the position.
Can't RTFM due to the fact that I gzipped most of the man files,
backed it up, then deleted them from the drive (drive space is
down to almost nothing so lots of 'unnecessary' files have been
removed. Man I wish I had some money).
Also hope I sent to the correct address.

--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams
[email-masked]         GTE
IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #DOS  #IRCHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet Tools
http://home1.gte.net/wilmarc/screens/piclist.htm -- Windows 3.x Makeover

Error messages in Haiku:
    A crash reduces
    your expensive computer
    to a simple stone.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:57:53 -0400

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:50:10 PST8PDT
"Marc D. Williams" <[email-masked]> 
>        *FvwmIconMan*geometry    +909+0

Marc

I do something like this:

  *FvwmIconMan*1*managergeometry 1x0-0+0

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].