Subject: FVWM: mounting biff in fvwmbuttons

From: AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 02:10:26 +0000

Hi all,

I've been looking for a special biff to mount in fvwmbuttons.  I need an
xbiff that will allow me to:

1) select my own .xpm icons for mail/nomail states
2) will allow me to detect mail in specified account (including root
account)

I've tried several different biffs so far.  Asmail comes very close to
being perfect.  Unfortunately, when I run as my normal non-root account
- Asmail refuses to notify me of mail sent to the root account
(/var/spool/mail/root).  I've even tried running asmail inside
fvwmbuttons using sudo - oddly - it just will not detect mail sent to
root.

Does anybody know of a good x-biff that will work under my
requirements?  Any ideas appreciated....

Andy
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:12:27 -0400

Why do you deliver mail to root anyway?  You really ought to set up an
alias for root (and postmaster, and webmaster, etc.) that gets
delivered to the proper actual person.  That way you don't have to send
mail as <[email-masked]> also.

Have you tried xmailbox?  It allows you to specify a mailbox to monitor
as well.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1998-Aug-12 klokka 02:10:26 +0000 skrivet AG:

: I've been looking for a special biff to mount in fvwmbuttons.  I need an
: xbiff that will allow me to:
: 
: 1) select my own .xpm icons for mail/nomail states
: 2) will allow me to detect mail in specified account (including root
: account)
: 
: I've tried several different biffs so far.  Asmail comes very close to
: being perfect.  Unfortunately, when I run as my normal non-root account
: - Asmail refuses to notify me of mail sent to the root account
: (/var/spool/mail/root).  I've even tried running asmail inside
: fvwmbuttons using sudo - oddly - it just will not detect mail sent to
: root.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].