Subject: FVWM: Basic color commands not folded into the "new"? syntax.

From: Patrick Rogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 06:23:50 -0400

Quick Summary:

Please add a "Solid" option to BorderStyle command, Also add "Fgcolor"
or "Textcolor" option to TitleStyle command.  Depreciate the use of the
HilightColor command.

-------------------

I've spent the last couple of days porting my environment from "another"
wm to fvwm2.  I've just been tweaking things lately, and I've found one
thing that seems too difficult: changing border colors...

Using what seems to be the "new" style syntax, it would make sense that
the border color for the Active and Inactive states would be set in the
BorderStyle command, but only a texture can be set here.

It would also make sense to set the title font color from the TitleStyle
command.

The HilightColor command seems like it _should_ be out of date given the
above commands.

I'd say keep The Color style option so that people can have different
colors for different windows.   I'm not exactly sure how this option
works, but you might also want to add options like "ActiveColor" and
"TiledPixmap", and "ActiveTiledPixmap" to the style command.

Please at least add pointers in the man pages to HilightColor and Color
from the BorderStyle and TitleStyle sections. -- When i saw you could
only set a texture using BorderStyle, I initially thought you couldn't
set the border to any color besides gray!

~p@
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].