Subject: FVWM: mouse button combinations

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:14:34 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I really would like to have more popup meus without having to use

modifiers from my keyboard. My menus are getting cluttered.

So, it would be nice if it were possible to bind menus not only to

mouse buttons 1, 2, and 3, but also to combinations of them, ie., also

to mouse buttons: 1&2, 1&3, 2&3, and 1&2&3

Wouldn't that be just great?

Neil
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:43:14 -0400

> Wouldn't that be just great?

Well, not for me.  I'm still convinced that the only way to operate
menus is thru the keyboard.

If you look at the way X reports mouse  events, you will see that this
is not an fvwm2 issue.   Fvwm2 will always see  the the button presses
as separate events.

I believe that some of the X servers  have a way of reporting multiple
button pushes as button 4, and button 5,  in which case Fvwm2 would be
able to accept more button bindings.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].