Subject: FVWM: FocusToDir and the patch

From: Teemu Hirsimaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 01:02:37 +0300 (EET DST)

I have just made an experimental patch, which provides a new function
"FocusToDir north | east | south | west".  It moves the focus to the
closest window in the given direction and seems to be quite handy if
you like mouseless operations.

You can get the patch from "http://www.hut.fi/~thirsima/fvwm.html".
Mail me if you have problems with the patch - I must admit that I am
not very familiar with patches. :)

-- 
Teemu Hirsimäki
[email-masked]
http://www.hut.fi/~thirsima/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:28:55 +0100

> you like mouseless operations.

I haven't tried this patch but I wonder if it is possible to make the
direction stuff a bit more general?  Instead of a new command that does
fixed things in a certain direction I think it might be nice to have it
take conditions like Next & Prev and execute a function on the selected
window e.g.

GoToDir [North !Iconic !*OnBottom*] my_funky_focus_function

GoToDir [South West !Iconic] focus_and_flash_border

Hope this helps
Tim.

---

From: Teemu Hirsimaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:55:11 +0300 (EET DST)

> GoToDir [North !Iconic !*OnBottom*] my_funky_focus_function

Yes, you are absolutely right.  That would be a lot more useful.  
I think I will spend the next weekend hacking the sources more. :)