Subject: FVWM: error compiling fvwm2's FvwmCommand

From: Josin Etienne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:45:42 -0600 (MDT)

help !

[this is in a Linux RedHat Intel 5.0 system -- Xfree86 fvwm2]

i am trying to compile  FvwmCommandS.c under the directory:

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/fvwm-2.0.46/extras/FvwmCommand

i get redefinitions (see below) from the system include files...

what is the best way of dealing with this without editing the latter ? 

- thanks - josin

ps: my Imakefile is included as attachment, just in case...

-------------------------
-------------------------

bambi </usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/fvwm-2.0.46/extras/FvwmCommand> 125 ROOT: make
gcc -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall    -I. -I../../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/include  -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO  -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -D
MINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM    -c FvwmCommandS.c -o FvwmCommandS.o
In file included from FvwmCommand.h:24,
                 from FvwmCommandS.c:13:
/usr/include/linux/time.h:30: warning: `FD_SET' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:60: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:31: warning: `FD_CLR' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:61: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:32: warning: `FD_ISSET' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:62: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:33: warning: `FD_ZERO' redefined
/usr/include/sys/select.h:63: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:39: warning: `ITIMER_REAL' redefined
/usr/include/sys/time.h:84: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:40: warning: `ITIMER_VIRTUAL' redefined
/usr/include/sys/time.h:87: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:41: warning: `ITIMER_PROF' redefined
/usr/include/sys/time.h:91: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from FvwmCommand.h:24,
                 from FvwmCommandS.c:13:
/usr/include/linux/time.h:6: redefinition of `struct timespec'
/usr/include/linux/time.h:12: redefinition of `struct timeval'
/usr/include/linux/time.h:17: redefinition of `struct timezone'
/usr/include/linux/time.h:48: redefinition of `struct itimerval'
make: *** [FvwmCommandS.o] Error 1

_________________________________________________________________________
In Heaven there will be no DOS, no Intel, and above all, no Bill.

/***************************************************************************
 * Shell function directory
 *
 * If you use bourn shell or its cousines, define the directory
 * to install function collection file FvwmCommand.sh.  Your home
 * directory or autoload directory may be a good choice.
 *
 * If you use C shell or do not want to install FvwmCommand.sh
 * undefine it
 * 
 ***************************************************************************/
#define SHELLFUNCDIR $(FVWMDIR) 

/***************************************************************************
 * PERLLIBDIR
 *
 * If you have perl, define the perl lib (private or system) directory
 * to install function collection file FvwmCommand.pm.
 *
 * If you don't have perl or don't want to install FvwmCommand.pm
 * leave it undefined.
 *
 ***************************************************************************/
#define PERLLIBDIR /usr/lib/perl5 

BINDIR =
FVWM_SRCDIR = ../.. 
#include "../../Fvwm.tmpl"

DESTDIR = /tmp/destdir

LOCAL_LIBRARIES = $(FVWM_LIBS) $(XLIB)

PROGRAMS = FvwmCommandS FvwmCommand 
CCOPTIONS = -Wall

SRCS1 = FvwmCommand.c FvwmCommand.h
OBJS1 = FvwmCommand.o 

ComplexProgramTarget_1(FvwmCommand,$(LOCAL_LIBRARIES),)

SRCS2 = FvwmCommandS.c FvwmCommand.h
OBJS2 = FvwmCommandS.o 

NormalProgramTarget(FvwmCommandS,$(OBJS2),,$(LOCAL_LIBRARIES),)
InstallProgram(FvwmCommandS,$(FVWMDIR))

all:: 
	/bin/sh findcmd $(FVWMDIR)
	if which perl ; then perl findcmd.pl $(FVWMDIR) ; fi                   

#ifdef SHELLFUNCDIR
install::
	$(INSTALL) $(INSTALLFLAGS) $(INSTBINFLAGS) FvwmCommand.sh SHELLFUNCDIR

clean::
	$(RM) FvwmCommand.sh
#endif

#ifdef PERLLIBDIR
install:: 
	$(INSTALL) $(INSTALLFLAGS) $(INSTBINFLAGS) FvwmCommand.pm PERLLIBDIR

clean::
	$(RM) FvwmCommand.pm
#endif

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:10:33 -0600 (MDT)

> ps: my Imakefile is included as attachment, just in case...

This happens because you have an old FvwmCommand that is incompatible with
glibc, which come in RedHat 5.x.

You can get the latest FvwmCommand from
www.concentric.net/~isogai/fvwm2

What about all those Bill admirers? 

-----------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai    �볭����

KENTEK Information Systems
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].