Subject: FVWM: Background textures

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:37:29 -0400

Where can I get a large collection of background textures (xpm files) for
use on the root window?

Thanks,
Vikas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:46:52 -0400

> Where can I get a large collection of background textures (xpm files) for

Do a web search on backgrounds.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:53:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Do a web search on backgrounds.

The Daily Root on Themes.org
http://themes.org/tdr 

The Daily Root is a nice place, and every day a new root image is added...
some of them (like the missile one for 19980817) are especially nice when
stretched to fit your screen and dithered to black and white.
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: "Alan F. Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:15:17 -0400 (EDT)

How might I save the order of my windows and then have fvwm return my
windows to this order with a single command? If new windows are
existent, I'd like them behind the ones listed in the saved order, and
if some of the window in the saved order are no longer existent, I'd
like such entries to be ignored. 

I'm guessing this will take some programming. I'm an utter novice at
fvwm programming so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan