Subject: FVWM: A question on built-ins and Focus.

From: Raja Vallee-Rai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:33:08 +0000

Hi,
 
 Is there a way to get the window under the pointer to be focused on
 command?  Because when I switch desktops with the Scroll command, the
 windows that are focused are those on the previous desktop, because I
 use ClickToFocus.  In order to focus on one of the windows that I see,
I
 need to take my hand off the keyboard and click the mouse, which is a
 tad annoying.  I tried binding the Focus command to a key, but it just
 focuses the currently selected window which is useless.
 
 If I type 'Focus' in the Talk window, it lets me control the round
 pointer and then select the window I want to act upon.  Is there a way
 to get the Focus command to behave in this way when hit a ALT-F1?
 
 Thanks,
 Raja
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:48:42 -0700

Try:
Key F1 A M Next [* CurrentDesk]Focus

Or even better, if you use a keyboard shortcut for changing desks
(we're talking desktops here, not pages, right?) you could make a
complex function like

AddToFunc "DesknFocus"		"I"	GotoDesk $0 $1
+						"I"	Prev [CurrentDesk] Raise
+						"I"	Prev [CurrentDesk] Focus

And bind it appropriately, feeding it two args, the desk x,y...

Previously...
> to get the Focus command to behave in this way when hit a ALT-F1?
_________
mike ([email-masked])
The Christmas pageant does not stink
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].