Subject: FVWM: simple question.

From: Raja Vallee-Rai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:30:52 +0000

Hi,

Is there a way to get the window under the pointer to be focused on
command?  Because when I switch desktops with the Scroll command, the
windows that are focused are those on the previous desktop, because I
use ClickToFocus.  In order to focus on one of the windows that I see, I
need to take my hand off the keyboard and click the mouse, which is a
tad annoying.  I tried binding the Focus command to a key, but it just
focuses the currently selected window which is useless.  

If I type 'Focus' in the Talk window, it lets me control the round
pointer and then select the window I want to act upon.  Is there a way
to get the Focus command to behave in this way when hit a ALT-F1?

Thanks,
Raja
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:54:23 -0400 (EDT)

You might want to try something like

Key F13    A       N  Next [CurrentPage !iconic XTerm] Focus

man fvwm2 and search for next to get the list of conditionals to use 

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous