Subject: FVWM: CursorStyle question

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:55:04 -0700

I thought it might be fun to use custom cursors for some fwvm contexts
(window resize comes to mind, since I think the default cursors are
ugly). But CursorStyle can only load cursors from the cursor font. Any
ideas on how to use a custom cursor? So far I've come up with:

1) hack CursorStyle to accept a pair of bitmaps like xsetroot does
2) tweak the fvwm source to build different default cursors using
XCreateCursorFromPixmap or somesuch
3) hack up my cursor.pcf

None of these sounds particularly fun, especially since I'm really not
qualified for 1 or 2. Anyone have a 4) to suggest? I'm resisting 3)
because I'd really rather not start mucking with my cursor.pcf...

Just trying to find new and useless projects for myself.
_____
Michael Han ([email-masked])
"If you lend me some money, it'll be my treat."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].