Subject: FVWM: Root cursor?

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:18:33 -0400

Using RH5.1

I have the following in my $HOME/.xsession (I launch X via XDM).

#!/bin/sh
...
xsetroot -cursor_name iron_cross
....
...
exec fvwm2

When fvwm2 starts up, the root cursor is reset back to its default value.
When I remove the 'exec fvwm2' line to get a nekkid X session, my root
cursor is indeed XC_iron_cross.

Why is FVWM2 resetting the cursor? I didnt see anything in 'man fvwm2'
about setting the root cursor?

Help? How do I make fvwm2 leave my root cursor alone?

Thanks,
Vikas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:00:17 -0400

> Help? How do I make fvwm2 leave my root cursor alone?

I don't see where fvwm2 is changing the root  pointer, but adding this
to your .fvwm2rc should fix it:

AddToFunc InitFunction 	  "I" Exec xsetroot -cursor_name iron_cross

(untested)

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].