Subject: FVWM: RH5.1: NumLock woes

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:18:46 -0400

Using RH5.1 and fvwm2.0.46. The NumLock key is causing me some grief.

In Vim, when I turn on the NumLock key (LED is on), my mouse clicks no
longer work _with Vim_. i.e. the xterm no longer receives the mouse clicks.
When I turn off the NumLock LED, things work fine.

xmodmap -pke | fgrep -i numlock gave me

keycode 77 = NumLock Pointer_EnableKeys

xmodmap alone told me that NumLock was Mod2.

Aha! Seems the pointer and NumLock key are somehow related.

How do I get around this? 

xmodmap -e 'remove Mod2' will get rid of the modifier? Will my LED still
light up and can I use the digits on the numeric keypad? 

xmodmap -e 'keycode 77 = NumLock' will get rid of the pointer dependency?

Nothing seems to be working.

I am not sure, I am just grasping at straws here. Would appreciate a short
tutorial from some guru out there.

Thanks,
Vikas

P.S.
 The Pointer_EnableKeys is intriguing though. What does it do? Does it mean
I can control the pointer (mouse) with the keyboard? How does it work? How
can I re-bind it to some other key?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].