Subject: FVWM: Strange problems with xterm and fvwm2

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 11:02:05 -0400

Using Fvwm2.0.46 on a RH5.1 system.

Here is my xterm VT100 translation:

XTerm.VT100.translations: #override \
     !Ctrl<Key>Right:  		string(0x1b) string("Oc")     \n\
     None<Key>Right:       	string(0x1b) string("OC")     \n\
[sniped for brevity. I have similar translations for the other Special
keys].

when I initially startup fvwm and type (Ctrl-V, <Right>), I do get the^[OC,
as per above. Also, when I startup Vim, the mouse works fine.

Now, here is a snippet from my .fvwm2rc
Key Right       A       S2      Scroll +100 +0

i.e. NumLock+Shift+Right-arrow should pan right by one page. I did this
because I use the numeric keypad often and so I always keep the NumLock LED
on.
[nsipped for brevity again. I have similar scroll commands for Up, down,
and left keys]

This also works fine.  I am able o pan the viewport just fine.

But, after doing even a single pan via above, for some reason, my xterm
translations are screwed up!

In other words, after I do a Pan-right, and do Ctrl-V, Right in a xterm, I
get ^[[C instead of ^[OC as before! Same for all the other special keys
(left, right, up, down, pageup, pagdown)

And get  this: Even the mouse clicks are now ignored. I launch Vim in a
xterm and click and nothing happens!

I exit from my X sessio, go back to the XDM login screen and login again,
and everything works fine up until the point where I do a Shift-Right to
Scroll my pager. After that things  are messed up. Note that a simple
'Restart' doesnt fix things. I need to exit out completely.

Needless to say, this is very aggravating. It is  rendering all my xterm
based applications quite useless. Mutt, slrn, etc. 

Thank you for any help.

Vikas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].