Subject: FVWM: fvwm modules don't die, always eat up CPU

From: Michael Lindner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:34:32 -0400

I have seen this reported several times in the mailing list archives, but
have not seen a
solution or fix posted.  I am running fvwm-2.0.46 on a Sun Ultra 5 running
Solaris 2.5.1
under CDE.  I have 2 (possibly related) problems.

1. The fvwm modules eat up all available CPU (as reported by "top").

2. When I exit (by running "/usr/dt/bin/dtaction ExitSession"), fvwm exits,
but the modules
   live on.

Any assistance is appreciated.

---
Michael Lindner
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Tiefenback <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:12:02 -0400 (EDT)

> 2. When I exit (by running "/usr/dt/bin/dtaction ExitSession"), fvwm exits,

The fix is a pipe handling correction posted (for 2.0.44) to the list by
Grant McDorman on or around Jan 21, 1997.  I will off-list mail Lindner
the 2.0.44 patch I have in hand (you might have to massage it a bit for
2.0.46).  Perhaps the adaptation to 2.0.46+ is in progress, anyway?  I
hope this solves the problem he is having.

Jan 21 Grant McDorman      (6,389) FVWM: FvwmButtons: fix not in 2.0.44

Michael Tiefenback