Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons

From: [email-masked] (Jim Bianchi)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 03:28:01 GMT

a swallowed window, such that another (hidden) app is started? I'm thinking
of, say, xload -- which is a commonly swallowed program in many buttonbars.
When you click on it, it might start top. Or swallow one of the clock pgms
(xclock, rclock, etc), and a click on that might start a program that would
pop up a calendar, or an appointment book, or start a saytime pgm. I use
xeyes as a swallowed pgm. It strikes me this'd be a neat thing to click on
to start a screen lock (as opposed to popping up the utilities menu and
moving to the screen lock section). Of course, this would only work on a
swallowed window, but it seems to me this'd be a Neat Thing, if it were
possible. It'd be even better if there was a way to map button one, button
two, and button three (with or without modifiers) to do different things. 

	I'm fairly sure Afterstep (barf) has this facility in its Wharf, and
the aclock pgm (which is very neat) will allow a keyclick on it to invoke an
otherwise hidden pgm, as does asmodem. Of course, these instances are
inherent in those pgms. 

-- 
[email-masked] 
Eclectic Garbanzo BBS, (707) 539-1279
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].