Subject: FVWM: Fighting for StaysOnTop

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:46:54 -0400

I have

Style "FvwmPager" StaysOnTop

and later on in my fvwm2rc

Style "FvwmTaskBar" StaysOnTop

Since the taskbar comes last, it wins the fight and always stays on top on
all the desktops. No matter what I do, I cannot see the entire pager
window. 

If I reverse the 2 commands, the pager would presumably similarly obscure
the taskbar.

How is this resolved?  Can't 2 StaysOnTop windows peacefully co-exist?

Thanks,
Vikas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "A. van Werven" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:47:39 +0200 (DST)

> How is this resolved?  Can't 2 StaysOnTop windows peacefully co-exist?

Apparently not.

I think that all you can do is toy a bit with the goemetries of both, making
sure that they never overlap.

Hope this helps,

-- 

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

Life would be easier if I had the source code.