Subject: FVWM: Dumping current config?

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:51:32 -0400

My fvwm2 has been running for more than a week now and I have made many
'online' changes to it using the 'FvwmCommand' module. This is a great
module! Thanks to whoever wrote it. 

Now, the problem is that I dont know exactly what changes I did, but I like
my current config. Styles, Decors, misc stuff, etc.

Is there a way I can dump my current config to a fvwm2rc-style file so that
I can get the same config when I kill my fvwm2 sesssion and log in again. I
eventually _have_ to reboot my machine, you know! :-)

Thanks,
Vikas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Chuck O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:16:13 -0400 (EDT)

> eventually _have_ to reboot my machine, you know! :-)

Have a look at the FvwmSaveDesk and FvwmSave modules.

Chuck

---

From: Vikas Agnihotri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:21:38 -0400

> Have a look at the FvwmSaveDesk and FvwmSave modules.

Bzzt. Nope. This will save information about my X clients, etc to a
new.xinitrc-style. I want to save the configuration of the fvwm2 itself in
a .fvwm2rc -style file.  Get the difference?

Vikas

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:15:19 +0200

> a .fvwm2rc -style file.  Get the difference?

Yup, we do. I can't say if that's possible today or not (I'd guess not),
but it's a really nice feature that I'd like added to the FVWM ToDo-list.
Anyone have thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Things like that add tons of value for a lot of end-users.

/Mattias - eagerly awaiting 2.2 release
----------------------------------------------------------
Mattias Borell, Software Engineer at NetLab, R&D dept. of:
Lund University Library, P.O.Box 3, S-221 00  Lund, Sweden
Tel: int+46 46 2220481            [email-masked]
Fax: int+46 46 2223682      http://www.lub.lu.se/~mattias/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].