Subject: FVWM: background....

From: Kiran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
	I use FVWM and it is GREAT! I had a small Question,

	How do i change the background on the screen?

Thanks,
Kiran.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Patrick K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

> 	How do i change the background on the screen?

   This very same question has been asked many times before
   in many different formats.  A simple search in the fvwm2
   archives should've located a fitting answer to the question.
   Search for "changing background" and you should have an
   example of how to do this.

   Also see 'man xsetroot' and 'man xv'  both of these programs
   can be used to do what you want.

Patrick ...

---

From: Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

Kiran sez...
> 	How do i change the background on the screen?

This works for me.

xpmroot /auto/usrlocal/packages/ctwm/ctwm-3.4/lib/images/background8.xpm

-sam