Subject: Re: FVWM: nice feature needed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:13:37 +0100 (BST)

Re: the FvwmWharf - Can it :

Be horizontal and pop vertically ?

Be swallowed into Fvwm buttons ?

Just use mini-icons (no text) ?

I'm not interested in its use for a pager, but for program launching
within a task bar (rather like the printer pop-out/up on CDE) 

Kim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jui-Hsuan Feng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:29:13 CDT

> within a task bar (rather like the printer pop-out/up on CDE) 
Consider it done. I post some patches few months ago. I will try to add
this to the future version of fvwm2, once the cvs is running. Check

http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fvwm/P/unix.html

In fact, Albrecht mentioned some concept of the 'permanent/transient' container
in FvwmButtons, which binds menu/action to a swallowed button. This hasn't
be implemented yet.

PS: Did anybody get AutoHide working in FvwmTaskBar module? I don't know
    what's wrong with my FvwmTaskBar settings.

--
J. Joshua Feng                            (O)608/262-3640
Electrical & Computer Engr., Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fengj  [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 23:15:21 +0100 (BST)

> http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fvwm/P/unix.html

  http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fengj/P/unix.html
                           ^^^^^

>     what's wrong with my FvwmTaskBar settings.

Thanks I'll try playing with it - believe site should read as above ...
or is this also transient ? :-)

Kim Carter