Subject: FVWM: Cannot install fvwm

From: "Fumi Myers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:30:02 PDT

Hi,
I have downloaded fvwm ver.1.24r and followed the instructions in the 
README.Install file.  That is, I downloaded the files fvwm-1_24r_tar.gz, 
fvwm-core_tar.gz, fvwm-icons_tar.gz, and fvwm-modules_tar.gz.  After I 
unzipped and untar'ed these files, I ran xmkmf, make Makefiles, and make 
all.

The installation fails during the "make all" command, showing the 
following messages:
   FvwmBanner.c:33:X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory.
   Make[1]: ***[FvwmBanner.o] Error 1make[1]: Leaving directory 
'/var/tmp/modules/FvwmBanner'
   make:*** [all] Error 2
I ran commands as a root user.  The README.Install file tells us to 
monitor the output of the commands for error messages, but does not say 
what to do with the errors.  When I searched the xpm.h file in the 
entire disk, there was not.  From where should it be obtained?

The base OS I'm using is Linux, Red Hat distribution rel.4.1, kernel 
ver.2.0.27.  On top of it, I have installed X Windows, XFree86 3.3.2.  
I'm now trying to make fvwm work.  Can you please help?  

Thanks,

Fumi Myers
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].