Subject: Re: FVWM: nice feature needed

From: Jui-Hsuan Feng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:11:27 CDT

> 
> > > I'm not interested in its use for a pager, but for program launching
> > > within a task bar (rather like the printer pop-out/up on CDE) 
> > > 
> > Consider it done. I post some patches few months ago. I will try to add
> > this to the future version of fvwm2, once the cvs is running. Check
> > 
> > http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fvwm/P/unix.html

Sorry, the URL should be

http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fengj/P/unix.html

> 
> I looked over the screenshot.  Looked interesting.  What are the other 2 
> programs you used for the CDE look?  THe XForms one & the Motif one?
> 

The top one on my screenshot1.jpg is written by Orlando Andico at eee.upd.edu.ph
But it seems the URL and it's mirror site are moved
http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/FvwmCDE/
http://www.mozcom.com/~orly/FvwmCDE/
I still have the source code, but the copyright mentioned in the README file
does not say I can redistribute it. Probably you have to use some web search
engines to find it.

The second one was downloaded at http://www.d.umn.edu/~mbaron/panel/index.html
But it has been moved too. I think the author Matt Baron left there. The
last version as I can recall is 0.42a.

There was another guy in France using xform library to write CDE like panel.
I didn't write down his URL, since I've made the patches.

--
J. Joshua Feng                            (O)608/262-3640
Electrical & Computer Engr., Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~fengj  [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:19:51 -0400 (EDT)

> does not say I can redistribute it. Probably you have to use some web search

        Neither of these url's seems to work anymore, nor does the one
referenced on the FVWM home page - and I can't seem to locate him anywhere
at the U. of Philippines sites. Orlando, if you're still following the
FVWM lists, could you please give us an update on where you are these days?

> 
> The second one was downloaded at
> http://www.d.umn.edu/~mbaron/panel/index.html

        Matt's new home page is at http://www.wavefront.com/~mbaron - 
the Panel page is http://www.wavefront.com/~mbaron/panel.