Subject: FVWM: Style "emacs" StartFunction...

From: Tore Morkemo <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jun 1998 11:17:37 +0200

Hi!

I'd like to execute "Maximize 0 100" on emacs when it is started.

Is there something like a "StartFunction" option to Style ?

Tore.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: H}vard Fosseng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:28:23 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is there something like a "StartFunction" option to Style ?

An alternative would be to do this in the emacs init file. I use:

(defun hf-max-height ()
  "Use the full height of the screen."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((dh (x-display-pixel-height))
         (ch (frame-char-height))
         (linjer (/ dh ch))
         (ib (/ (1+ (% dh ch)) 2)))
    (set-frame-height (selected-frame) linjer)
    (modify-frame-parameters nil `((internal-border-width . ,ib)))))

Note that this functino assumes that emacs already has its upper edge at
the top of the screen. You might want to use something like:

(modify-frame-parameters '((top . 0)))

Also, this height calculation assumes that emacs has no titlebar.

You might then combine something like this with a construction in .emacs
along the lines of:

(if window-system
    (...))

- Håvard Fosseng

-- 
Håvard Fosseng       S'il fallait tolérer aux autres tout ce qu'on se permet á
USIT                 soi-même, la vie ne serait plus tenable.
University of Oslo                      -- Georges Courteline
[email-masked]