Subject: FVWM: compatibility

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:53:10 -0230 (NDT)

Will an fvwm config file run under fvwm2 after an upgrade?
That is, is there any upward compatibility from going from fvwm1 to fvwm2?

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Jun 1998 19:01:46 -0400

%% Neil Zanella <[email-masked]> writes:

  nz> Will an fvwm config file run under fvwm2 after an upgrade?

Not even close :)

However, there is a conversion script in fvwm2 that (attempts to)
convert fvwm1 config files into fvwm2 format.

People here have reported varying degrees of success, but it'll get you
more than 50% there, for sure :)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     These are my opinions--Bay Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:28:42 -0230 (NDT)

Ok, where do I get the file from?

I'll give it a try.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 06 Jun 1998 00:28:03 -0400

nz> Ok, where do I get the file from?

I already said... :)

  >> However, there is a conversion script in fvwm2 that  ...
                                           ^^^^^^^^

That is, it's in the fvwm2 distribution.  It's in the utils directory.