Subject: FVWM: Pager & other Questions

From: "Keven R. Pittsinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:42:28 -0400

OK, I'm using 2.0.46 and XFCE 1.2.9.  I got my pager working the way I want 
it, but it's in the lower left corner and I need it in the upper right.  My 
screen is 1024x768 and the pertinent lines are:

*FvwmPagerGeometry 1 1
*FvwmPagerStartIconic

What do I put in the geopetry to put it up in the upper right?  Seems like 
every time I put a negative number in, the pager simply doesn't come up.

Also, XFCE seems to be stepping on my environment.  Specifically, my 
NNTPSERVER variable.  I need this active so I can pull binaries down off the 
net with slrn.  Knews doesn't work for this purpose, I use it for my other 
readings.  Any clues?

Keven

-- 
==============================================================================
          http://www.glasscity.net/users/jamstar/index.html
==============================================================================
 "When the going gets weird, | [email-masked]  |  Keven R. Pittsinger
  the weird turn pro." --    |    [email-masked]   |   Certified Public
  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson     |        SUE ME!!        |       Nuisance

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Albrecht Kadlec <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jun 1998 10:18:36 +0200

> every time I put a negative number in, the pager simply doesn't come up.

*FvwmPagerGeometry -1+1

-0+0 doesn't work with all versions of fvwm AFAIK.
 
> net with slrn.  Knews doesn't work for this purpose, I use it for my other 

are you setting these variables from .login or .cshrc
and your fvwm is started from .xsession with another shell ?

-- 
Albrecht Kadlec
Vienna University of Technology / Department of Automation
----------------------------------------------------------
You who wiped me from your memory just like a greasepaint mask -- Marillion
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:48:25 +0100

> -0+0 doesn't work with all versions of fvwm AFAIK.

It may not be appropriate here but often an X geometry of something
like "-1+1" needs an extra plus sign: "+-1+1".
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].