Subject: Re: FVWM: Pager & other Questions

From: "Keven R. Pittsinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:50:43 -0400

> Is there a gravity setting you need to make explicit somehow?  Putting the
> pager to -1-1 if the gravity (window reference position) is NW (I think
> this is the default, by the way) would be unproductive.  I haven't yet
> tried the things which give you heartburn yet, but my FvwmButtons geometry
> spec is +0-1, and it works well for me: 
> 
> *FvwmButtonsGeometry +0-1

These settings don't work.  I *did* mention I'm starting iconified, didn't I?

Keven

-- 
==============================================================================
          http://www.glasscity.net/users/jamstar/index.html
==============================================================================
 "When the going gets weird, | [email-masked]  |  Keven R. Pittsinger
  the weird turn pro." --    |    [email-masked]   |   Certified Public
  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson     |        SUE ME!!        |       Nuisance

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jun 1998 10:34:44 -0700

> These settings don't work.  I *did* mention I'm starting iconified, didn't I?

One problem we have is that different modules implement this in different
ways. I'm fairly certain that FvwmIconMan does it correctly (it damn well
better given the effort I had to put into it), and FvwmBUttons should as
well. 

A wise thing to do would be to go through all of the other modules and get
them doing the same thing (probably by adding a routine to fvwmlib to do
it). I might look into it this weekend.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]