Subject: FVWM: CTRL plus the mouse keys does not work all of a sudden

From: Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I need some help guys. May I did something stupid. On any xterm, I used
get those "Main Options", "VT Fonts", and "Another I do not remember"
when I press CTRL and other three mouse keys. Now I see a small window
where I see only the part of the heading and nothing else.

Can you think of any mistake I made ?

-sam

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

Yes.  You probably have a `*geometry' resource set for xterm like:

    xterm*geometry: 80x40

This will affect the geometry of the vt100 window (the one most folks
use), the menus, and the tektronix window (the one most folks don't
care about), as you have discovered.  Instead, you should use:

    xterm*vt100.geometry: 80x40

That will only affect the vt100 window, and won't affect the menus or
the tektronix window.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Sam Krishnabhat wrote:

: Hi,
: 
: I need some help guys. May I did something stupid. On any xterm, I used
: get those "Main Options", "VT Fonts", and "Another I do not remember"
: when I press CTRL and other three mouse keys. Now I see a small window
: where I see only the part of the heading and nothing else.
: 
: Can you think of any mistake I made ?
: 
: -sam
: 
: --
: Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
: To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
: message to [email-masked].
: To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
:

---

From: Sam Krishnabhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Knoble sez...
> That will only affect the vt100 window, and won't affect the menus or

perfect. Thanks a lot.
-sam