Subject: Re: FVWM: WindowList [suggestions]

From: Chris Siebenmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:09:26 -0400

| Currently the windows in the WindowList list are sorted by
| desk number and Z order.
| 
| I think it would be very useful to offer a sort-by-Most-
| Recently-Used option.

 I'd like to have a couple options for sorting, controlled by module
options or something like that. For example, since I mostly use
WindowList to find lost windows, I suspect I'd like a 'sort alphabetical
by name' option. If one wants to go whole hog, one could introduce label
formatting ala FvwmIconMan and an option to sort based on the results of
that.

	- cks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:01:33 +0100

Chris Siebenmann writes:
 > For example, since I mostly use WindowList to find lost windows, I
 > suspect I'd like a 'sort alphabetical by name' option.

Sort of like "WindowList Alphabetic"?  ;-)
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].