Subject: FVWM: bug in fvwm

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 23:27:34 -0230 (NDT)

Hi,

Here is the bug:

One of the window buttons's behavior is defined by the following code:

Mouse 1         4       N       Maximize 0 100
Mouse 2         4       N       Maximize 100 0
Mouse 3         4       N       Iconify

... so I open an xterm and clcik with mouse button 1 on window button 4.
The window becomes tall as expected. Then I click with mouse button 2 on
window button 4. The window shrinks back to the origial size. I have to
click again with mouse button 2 on window button 4 to maximize it horizontally.

I thought it should work as follows:

clicking Mouse button 1 should maximize vertical, and then clicking 
Mouse button 2 should maximize horizontal so that the combined action should
be a "Maximize (both horizontally and vertically)".

The same error happens with the following entry:

Mouse 0		2	N	Maximize

I click mouse 0, button 2 and then  mouse 1 button 4. Instead of shrinking
and giving me the horizontal window it restores to the original size.

Either this is a bug or I am missing something.

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 22:54:18 -0400 (EDT)

You're missing something.  Maximize switches between a `maximized' state
and a `normal' state, whether or not it has arguments.  If you maximize
a window vertically, the next Maximize unmaximizes it, as you've
discovered.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Neil Zanella wrote:

: Here is the bug:

  [...]

: clicking Mouse button 1 should maximize vertical, and then clicking 
: Mouse button 2 should maximize horizontal so that the combined action should
: be a "Maximize (both horizontally and vertically)".

  [...]

: Either this is a bug or I am missing something.