Subject: FVWM: 1) specifying colors and 2) string literal sizes

From: Luis Fernandes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 10:15:42 -0400 (EDT)

Using fvwm 2.0.46 beta, I cannot specify colors like this:

*FvwmPagerHilight \#cecece

This is OK, however:

*FvwmPagerHilight grey80

It just seems inconsistent since I can specify:

HilightColor black \#bebebe 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it seems that Exec string literals are loaded into fixed size
arrays rather than being dynamically allocated. I had to rename the
pixmaps (make the names smaller) in the following Exec string to
accomodate the fixed size that fvwm expects.

*FvwmButtons(Swallow(Respawn,NoHints) xbiff `Exec xbiff -rv -bg grey60 -shape -xrm "*fullPixmap: /usr/common/pixmaps/Mail1.xbm" -xrm "*emptyPixmap: /usr/common/pixmaps/Mail2.xbm" -xrm "*fullPixmapMask: /usr/common/pixmaps/Mail1M.xbm" -xrm "*emptyPixmapMask: /usr/common/pixmaps/Mail2M.xbm"`)

Granted, this is an exceptional case since most exec strings would
resonably fit within the fixed storage size, but I think fvwm2 should
be more robust and handle any string size, within the limits of the
hardware, of course.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].