Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmWharf question

From: Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:13:18 +1000

LAURENT DEGEILH <[email-masked]> writes:

> Looking at "Ric's FvwmWharf" page,
> at http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/software/fvwm/wharf
> I see that his asclock application is perfectly swallowed.

I can't help you directly, but before you spend a lot of time on it
you should know that ``asclock'' does not understand the DISPLAY
option or environment variable!  That makes it useless if you log in
from another workstation or X-terminal.  I use rclock for that
reason. 

About a year ago I tried asclock with FvwmButtons and the remnants are 
still in my .fvwm2rc:

#*FvwmButtons(2x2, Frame 0, Padding 12 4, Swallow "asclock" "Exec nice 16 \
#	asclock -24 -shape &", Action "Exec ical &")
#*FvwmButtons(Swallow "asclock" 'Exec nice 16 \
#	asclock -24 -shape &')
m4_define({BUTTONS_CLOCK_AND_MAIL},{
*FvwmButtons(1x1, Frame 2, Padding 0 5, Container(Rows 1))
  *FvwmButtons(Frame 0, Swallow "rclock" 'Exec nice 16 \
    rclock -display _DISPLAY_ -mail 20 -geometry +15000+15000 -bg AV_MARB_GREY -fg MARB_FOREGND &')
  *FvwmButtons(End)
*FvwmButtons(Title xISP, Icon xisp.xpm, Action \
	'Exec "X-ISP" /usr/X11/bin/xisp -geometry +1010+832 &')
##*FvwmButtons(Size 48 48, Icon M_MARBLES/grey5mrb.xpm)})

Maybe this is useful
-- 
Manfred
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot remain in the cradle
forever."            -- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, Russian space pioneer 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].