Subject: FVWM: Patches to FvwmWinList (2.0.46)

From: Rocky - Rakesh Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

While 2.0.47 is coming out and a code freeze for 2.1 is being planned,
I'd appreciate if someone could take a look at the patches I have for
fixing a problem with FvwmWinList and some code written by a colleague
of mine to add sorting as an optional feature. The diffs to 2.0.46 are
available at:

http://noc.rutgers.edu/~rapatel/personal/fvwm-patches.tar.gz

Note that I am not on the mailing list, so please respond to me directly
if you have any questions.

Here is the information on the changes:

Vince Sgro (June 22, 1996):

1) The WinList has the really annoying habit of trying to use every
means it has to let you know in what state a window currently exists.
For example, if you have set up the WinList to display iconified and
uniconified windows in different colors, then you have no need for the
silly parenthesis that it tacks on the beginning and end of the button
labels.  The code now checks if the foreground and background colors
are the same for iconified and uniconified windows.  If they are, then
the parens are added.  If not, the titles are left alone.

2) To aid in locating buttons in large button lists, I have added the
capability to have the items sorted alphabetically.  Just use the
*FvwmWinListAlphaOrder.

----------------------------

Rakesh Patel (June 29, 1998):

1) Use strcmp instead of strcasecmp - emulates
twm/tvtwm/fvwm/FvwmIconMan behaviour where case does matter
during a sort. [Names starting in uppercase come first].

2) Fix geometry code in FvwmWinList.c to work properly - previous
code had an attempt at fixing the problem, however it failed. The fix is
in AdjustWindow().

Thanks,
Rakesh Patel

                             Rakesh B. Patel
                         [email-masked]
                           Network Operations
                       Telecommunications Division
              Rutgers University Computing Services (RUCS)
                             +1 732-445-3436

Love is an ocean of emotions, entirely surrounded by expenses.
				-Thomas Robert Dewar
But it's worth it.
	- Rakesh Patel
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].