Subject: FVWM: FvwmAudio dies?

From: Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 07:44:04 +0300 (IDT)

Hi,

I'm using fvwm2.0.46, with FvwmAudio, and after a while running, the audio
stops. 

I mean, audio works, just not FvwmAudio. It comes back when I restart
fvwm, but that hardly helps. Any ideas?

			Bye,

				-Yaron.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: brian moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 22:03:15 -0700

> fvwm, but that hardly helps. Any ideas?

Somewhere in fvwmaudio there are two bugs.  (One I can reproduce by
having illegal commands in the .fvwm2rc and 'read'ing the file in, the
other is trickier and seems more random.)

At the moment, my FvwmAudio is compiled with the 'bounds-checking-gcc'
which should make it whine at the usual causes of dying programs, but
now it seems to want to behave and not die.

If you find a way to reproduce the death, drop me a note and I'll see
if I can kill mine and figure anything out.

(And, nope, I haven't figured out how the first crash happens either:
bounds checking gcc isn't detecting the overrun.)

-- 
Brian Moore                             Kill A Spammer For Jesus
Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker, Usenet Vandal 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].