Subject: FVWM: WindowList

From: Kin Cho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 09:29:20 -0700

Hi,
I just discovered the wonderful WindowList function:
Mouse 2         R       A       WindowList

I do have a small problem with it after using it constantly --
the cursor is placed at the corner of the window when I select
that window.  Is there a way to place the cursor in the middle
of the window instead?

-kin

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 12:55:35 -0400

> that window.  Is there a way to place the cursor in the middle

This works for me:

*FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1,WarpToWindow 50 50

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kin Cho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:25:26 -0700

> *FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify -1,WarpToWindow 50 50

Um, this doesn't work for me.
Also, FvwmWinList doesn't wrap to a window in a different desk.
I must be using an older version (I got "1.24r" running strings on fvwm.)

-kin

    Dan> *FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1,WarpToWindow 50 50
>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> that window.  Is there a way to place the cursor in the middle

    Dan> This works for me:

    Dan> *FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1,WarpToWindow 50 50

    >> -kin

    Dan> --
    Dan> Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
    Dan> 444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
    Dan> Piscataway, NJ 08854
    Dan> --
    Dan> Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
    Dan> To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
    Dan> message to [email-masked].
    Dan> To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:38:10 -0400

> I must be using an older version (I got "1.24r" running strings on fvwm.)

Please indicate the release you are running when you report a problem.

I think you will find similar functionality in 1.24r under a different
name, although as I remember the old warp function was by pixels only,
not percent of screen.

I suggest upgrading.

>     Dan> Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/
> >.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:41:34 -0400 (EDT)

> I must be using an older version (I got "1.24r" running strings on fvwm.)
no reason it should the line Dan sent you is for a seperate module
FvwmWinList

what you are looking at is WindowList which is a built in function
that I suppose is internally calling the cursor move. so to make the
behavior you want you probably need to change the source.

Brad

>     Dan> To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous