Subject: FVWM: Drawing a rubberband on the root window

From: Chris Pollitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 12:12:14 -0700

Hello,

I have what I hope is a simple question (with a simple answer?).  In
other wm's, you can draw
a rubberband on the root window with mouse button one.  The idea being
that you can select
multiple windows/icons, which can then be acted upon as a group.  Does
this make sense?
Can this be done in fvwm?

Please reply to me personally as I have not subscribed to this list.

Thanks
  -Chris

ps:  I heard there was a port of the fvwm95 taskbar to fvwm2.  Where can
I find it?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:50:04 -0400 (EDT)

> Can this be done in fvwm?

This is not a feature of any particular window manager... usually, what
happens is that a desktop program is run that sits on and occupies the
root window. It manages the rubberbanding. I know that even if you run
fvwm2 on an SGI, you can still run IRIX's desktop without using 4Dwm. I
also would assume that you can run KDE's desktop without actually using
kwm as your window manager... 
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+