Subject: FVWM: Supporting gnome/kde

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 1998 10:24:54 -0700

Does anybody want to support gnome/kde? I suspect it would be a good thing to
do. 

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Adam Kopacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:35:46 +0200

> Does anybody want to support gnome/kde? I suspect it would be a good thing to

KDE sucks! .. i hope that nobody will make a "kfvwm2" or so...

-- 
Adam Kopacz - http://www.idnet.de/~AdamK
ID.net Internet Services Deutschland GmbH - http://www.idnet.de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 May 1998 12:35:10 -0700

Adam Kopacz <[email-masked]> writes:

> Brady Montz wrote:
> 
> > Does anybody want to support gnome/kde? I suspect it would be a good thing
> > to do.
> 

I don't know if it sucks, but it was rather disheartening to spend a couple
hours downloading a win95 clone to my machine.

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 16:16:51 -0400

>>>>> Brady Montz writes:

    Brady> Adam Kopacz <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Brady Montz wrote:
    >> 
    >> > Does anybody want to support gnome/kde? I suspect it would be
    >> a good thing > to do.
    >> 

    Brady> I don't know if it sucks, but it was rather disheartening
    Brady> to spend a couple hours downloading a win95 clone to my
    Brady> machine.

I prefer Gnome to KDE, but anyway, the Gnome people want the window
manager to understand additional properties and session management
stuff (should be in the gnome mailing archive), so it might be worth
it to look into this as well.

-- 
Andrew Veliath
[email-masked], [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 May 1998 15:52:47 -0500

>>>>> "AV" == Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]> writes:

AV> [...] the Gnome people want the window manager to understand additional
AV> properties and session management stuff (should be in the gnome mailing
AV> archive), so it might be worth it to look into this as well.

It would be prudent to wait at least until the Gnome folks have at least
some idea of what WM hints they will want to use.  Right now all that's
gone by is very basic discussion.

 - J<

---

From: "Frank Wilcox, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 20:23:47 -0400

On May 3, 12:35, Brady Montz wrote:

> it was rather disheartening to spend a couple

win95 <shudders> <"oh i feel so dirty...i need to wash my hands after typing
'win95'...Aaaagh, i did it again!">.  no cussing on the list, please.
8^)

-- 
Frank Wilcox, Jr. (a.k.a. _____)

can be found in #Friends on the undernet

------------------------------------------------------
Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!
		-Edna St. Vincent Millay

Matt 8:24-7