Subject: FVWM: Multiple displays

From: Petter Adsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 03:02:29 +0200 (CEST)

I've set up a dual-headed box (Linux, Accelerated-X 4.1MX) running
fvwm-2.0.46. It works perfectly, fvwm takes over both displays when
started.

However, all clients that are started by .xinitrc or InitFunction
pop up on display :0.1. Is there a way to get these to open on the
second display, apart from specifying the display as a parameter to the
client?

I believe I've read something related to this a while back, but I
couldn't find it in the archives.

Regards,

Petter Adsen
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Corrieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:23:36 -0600

Wow. I do not know the answer, but I would like to know how you set this up
in the first place.

Can you use two(2) adapters? I have a pair of Matrox Millenium IIs, one 8
Megabyte, the other 2 Megabyte, with an extra 17"(it was from my previous
setup). Also, can the monitors use different refresh rates? The 17 does not
do a v refresh as high as the 21.

I  would love to use my 2nd monitor for palletes and toolbars (visaj, adobe
illustrator, corel draw), then use my 21 for the program or canvas,
depending on what I am doing.

The pager would be awesome in this config!

Any ideas?

PS. Of course right now I cannot even access the internet from linux, after
i put in an ISDN modem. I read the isdn4linux faq and got pretty scared, so
am using the win95 mail  ;-(