Subject: FVWM: Background

From: Anthony Glaser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:12:41 -0400

Gentlemen,
This may seem a trivial question, but I would really appreciate it if
you could find the time to reply. When I set the background to a
particular .xpm it shows up fine. However, when I select save desktop as
new.xinitrc the new.xinitrc fails to have any command for that pixmap
written in it. If I leave X and come back the background is just set to
an off blue. The man page for xsetroot only refers to .bmp files and
they don't seem to work with fvwm. I've looked all around for the
correct command to set an .xpm file but I have not been able to find it.
Also I would have thought that the save desktop as new.xinitrc would
have written it in there. Lastly I'm using the Redhat 5.0 release and I
was unable to find the fvwm.man file so I'd like to know where I can get
that.
I really appreciate your help.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:09:10 -0400 (EDT)

The method I use for xpm's is 
xpmroot it comes with fv
inyour init function add 
+ "I" Exec xpmroot <filename>

or for other image types
+ "I" Exec xv -root -quit <filename>

with xv there are various switches that go with -root that do things like
tile or maximize or mirror or ...

hope that helps,
Brad 

P.S.
as for the man page try 
man fvwm2
or 
rpm -ql fvwm2  and you should see the path to the man page in there

> I really appreciate your help.

--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous