Subject: FVWM: [ANNOUCEMENT] fvwm 2.0.47 status and request for volunteers

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 May 1998 09:55:47 -0700

status report:
-------------
Good news, I passed my prelims yesterday.
Mixed news, I'm flying to Des Moines to visit my dying grandma (sad part) and
eat lots of corn-fed prime rib (happy part).

So, I haven't gotten much done on 2.0.47 except look it over, and won't until
at least next week.

volunteer request:
-----------------

I'd like two things:

1. A list of people who want to alpha test. Along with a name I want to know:
  a. architecture/OS used
  b. modules used (me: FvwmM4, FvwmButtons, FvwmIconMan, FvwmIdent)
  c. "extensions" used (things with defines in Fvwm.tmpl) (me: shape,
     miniicons, pixmap buttons, titlestyle)

People on this list will get to alpha test the new release (probably future
releases too) and will be expected to give a complete testing/report (reminder 
email sent after a week). Sounds like fun, eh? 

2. A repository of fvwmrc's on the website (along with all icons, scripts,
   etc.  used and a list of any environment variables and options in Fvwm.tmpl
   which need to be set so that people can just run them without going mad)
   organized by features. So if someone wants to use some fvwmrc's using
   gradients, they can find them. It would probably also be cool if people
   submitted "truncated" fvwmrc's which only had the configuration for some
   module, for example, all of their *FvwmButtons lines long with any Style
   commands which modify how FvwmButtons looks. I would like to have a
   volunteer to get this running too. This volunteer (unlike those poor souls
   for #1) would probably get lots of happy feedback. 

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 12:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

>    for #1) would probably get lots of happy feedback. 

I have a page with several fvwm configuration examples on it.
(http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/fvwm).  However, I have come to
realize over the last several months (almost a year) that the page hasn't
been updated, that I don't have the time to keep maintaining it -- that,
and I have switched to enlightenment on my main machine.  I also have
several fvwmrc submissions sitting around that haven't yet been added to
the page.  If whoever volunteers to take on Brady's second request would
like any/all of these, please get in contact with me.  Thanks. :)

--chris.