Subject: FVWM: Window selection

From: "Alan F. Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 01:24:58 -0400 (EDT)

I'm pretty new to FVWM so please forgive the newbie-lian nature of my
question. Does anyone have a nice keyboard method of selecting
windows? Right now I have the following lines in my .fvwmrc:

Key F3          A       M       Module "WindowList" FvwmWinList

which pops up FvwmWinList, but this still requires mouse selection. My
other method is 

Key F7          A       M       CirculateUp
Key F8          A       M       CirculateDown

But to use these I have to flip through a bunch of windows before I
get to the one I want. 

Thanks for your help,
Alan
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: H}vard Fosseng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:25:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Alan F. Ho writes:

> which pops up FvwmWinList, but this still requires mouse selection.

I use:

  Key o   A  3    WindowList

The window in the list are numbered, and you can select any window by
typing its number (1-9, and A-Z are used if there are more than 9
windows in the list). Alternatively, you can you the arrow keys to move
up and down the list, and RETURN to select.

If using this, you may want to set 

  Style "..." WindowListSkip

for classes of windows you feel confident you never want to select this
way (e.g. xclock).

- Håvard Fosseng

-- 
Håvard Fosseng       S'il fallait tolérer aux autres tout ce qu'on se permet á
USIT                 soi-même, la vie ne serait plus tenable.
University of Oslo                      -- Georges Courteline
[email-masked]