Subject: FVWM: Themes page, and wish list

From: Toy Keeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:36:26 -0600

Allo..

For anyone interested, I've set up a "Fvwm Themes" page with several
different 'looks' and configuration files.

http://www.VIS.colostate.edu/~scriven/Linux/fvwm/index.html

Also, is there any way to allow the mouse to scroll the screen *only*
when dragging something?

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  -----------"Use the source, Luke!"---------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:[email-masked]           |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:[email-masked]         |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Adam Kopacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:45:27 +0200

Toy Keeper wrote:
hi,

> Also, is there any way to allow the mouse to scroll the screen *only*

yes.. see atachment.

-- 
Adam Kopacz - http://www.idnet.de/~AdamK
ID.net Internet Services Deutschland GmbH - http://www.idnet.de

>From - Wed Nov 19 21:48:11 1997
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:52:28 +0100
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Honigmann)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FVWM: scroll

Hallo Adam,

[I'm under the impression, that you are a German like me and that's why
 I answer in German. If you don't understand German, drop me a note
 and I'll resend this letter in English]

> here (linux/X11) it was the whole time so that i could scroll when i
> clicked the apps in the titlebar with them from one screen to the
> another 
> (i use 2x4 screens/no desks) but now i can't scroll and i don't know why
> :((
> it was so that i coul'd only change with apps the screen and i could't
> move the mouse from one screen to the another..

Es hatte ja schon jemand an die Liste geschrieben, daß das alte Verhalten
als Bug betrachtet und in 2.0.46 "verbessert" wurde (ich fand es auch besser,
wie es früher war). Glücklicherweise läßt sich das Verhalten von 2.0.45 leicht
wiederherstellen: Alles was Du tun mußt, ist im File fvwm/move.c in Zeile 256
die 0 in eine 1 ändern, das ganze sollte dann so aussehen:

#if 1
            HandlePaging(Scr.MyDisplayWidth,Scr.MyDisplayHeight,&xl,&yt,
                       &delta_x,&delta_y,False);
#else /* probably should actually use EdgeScroll values: */
            HandlePaging(Scr.EdgeScrollX,Scr.EdgeScrollY,&xl,&yt,
                       &delta_x,&delta_y,False);
#endif

(und dann natürlich EdgeScroll wieder auf 0 0)

Gruß,
Thomas