Subject: FVWM: unmapping last one first

From: Jan Vicherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 03:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

  I have one panel on which I have about 30-90 netscape windows 

 * exacly on top of each other *   ... I.e. they have same geometry.

 Now to switch into that panel is not a problem -- only the window on the
top displays . But when I'm switching off of that panel to another
pannel, it takes ages and a lot of blinking into my eyes (quite
disturbing), as all the 30-90 netscape windows get displayed and unmapped,
displayed and unmapped, displayed and unmapped, ...  And it takes a lot of
time and CPU time to get off of that pannel. How can I fix it ? How can I
tell fvwm2-2.0.46 that it 

  i) either shouldn't map a window until any part of it is required for a
display, or
 ii) when unmapping a window due to a panel switch, don't send display
messages to windows, since we are going off that panel anyway, or
iii) should unmap the lowest window first, and the top one last

  I think any of the three above would solve my problem. Wouldn't they ?

  How else might I solve my problem ?

   Please reply to [email-masked],[email-masked] since I'm not subscribed.

      Thanx,

           Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
    >>>    Free Software Union President  ...  www.fslu.org    <<<
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].