Subject: FVWM: ActivePlacement directive does not work corretly ...

From: Oleg Tcherkassov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:53:51 +0400

Hi FVWM2 Users,

I've got strange problem with FVWM2-2.0.45 on my Linux computer.  I have
the next two lines in my ~/.fvwm2rc file:

Style "*"               SmartPlacement, RandomPlacement

and

Style "rxvt"            ActivePlacement

These two lines are mean the next: i would like start rxvt application
with ActivePlacement mode and others will be RandomPlacement.

So, then i try start rxvt application nothing will happen with active
placement of rxvt's window.  But i will get invitation to place rxvt if
rxvt application will be the third one on the screen.  It doesn't matter
how i start rxvt application, from FVWM menu or from XTERM like
console.  So if i have got more then two copy of rxvt application on the
screen, then ~/.fvwm2rc lines are worked correctly.  This problem will
appear if i will try set for another application the same, for example
EMACS or XTERM.  Random placement work for all another application (if
number of rxvt copies less then two, RandomPlacement is used).

The question is, is it bug or i missed something?

Oleg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Broc Stirton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:32:14 -0500

Try adding DumbPlacement to the rxvt style as well.  I believe styles ar logically ORed, 
so this may be needed.
    broc
                  --------------------
                      Broc Stirton
                    mailto:[email-masked] 
                  --------------------

---

From: Nathan Clegg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:48:39 -0700 (MST)

Is there any way to use FvwmIconBox as a list of window titles containing
ONLY those windows which are iconized??