Subject: FVWM: configure

From: "Frank Wilcox, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:13:15 -0400

i'm having no end of trouble configuring fvwm2 to my liking.
Is manually editing .fvwm2rc the only way? <"please tell me there's an easier
way.  oh please.  oh please...">

-- 
Frank Wilcox, Jr. (a.k.a. _____)

can be found in #Friends on the undernet

------------------------------------------------------
Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!
		-Edna St. Vincent Millay

Matt 8:24-7
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:12:08 -0500

> way.  oh please.  oh please...">

I had a lot of trouble at first too. What I ended up doing was to make a new
.fvwm2rc from scratch. You can look at the old one for reference as it contains
a lot of good documentation in itself. And in the man page of course..

It's better this way because then you don't have to scroll through that HUGE
default file to change stuff and it makes it easier to learn. At least it was
for me.

-Joe

---

From: brian moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:20:38 -0700

> way.  oh please.  oh please...">

Well, easiest way: steal someone else's config.

Second easiest would be to use fvwmconf or the dotfile generator
(http://soliton.physics.arizona.edu/~lapeyre/fvwmconf/ and 
http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/ respectively).

-- 
Brian Moore                             Kill A Spammer For Jesus
Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker, Usenet Vandal 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].