Subject: FVWM: fvwm: edge scrolling

From: "Frank Wilcox, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:43:39 -0400

i've seen several posts about problems w/ edge-scrolling.  What is
edge-scrolling?  My screen NEVER scrolls, so i have no clue what u guys are
talking about.  (Plus, i just got fvwm2 about a month ago and have had NO
time to play w/ it).

can it be explained in a few words?  or is it something i should look up
somewhere?  (again, i'm a relative newbie).

-- 
Frank Wilcox, Jr. (a.k.a. _____)

can be found in #Friends on the undernet

------------------------------------------------------
Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!
		-Edna St. Vincent Millay

Matt 8:24-7
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Manfred Bartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Apr 1998 08:18:43 +1000

> somewhere?  (again, i'm a relative newbie).

The pre-condition is that you have configured fvwm2 to give you a virtual
desktop.  E.g. ``DeskTopSize 2x3'' gives you a virtual screen 2
physical screens wide and 3 physical screens high.

The ``fvwm2'' man page covers all the details.  Search for ``desktopsize'',
``edgescroll'' and ``edgeresistance''.

My personal setup includes:

## Virtual desktop size in units of the physical screens.
DeskTopSize 2x3

## Amount of Resistance for moving from desk to desk with the
## mouse ... 0 0 allows for only window moves and resizes to
## reach into the next desk.  mSec, pixels
EdgeResistance 500 150

## Percentage of a page (horizontal, vertical) to scroll when the 
## cursor reaches the edge of a page ... 0 0 turns off scrolling
EdgeScroll 100 100

Regards
-- 
Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>
-----------------------------------------------------------
No marsupial based products were used in this transmission.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].