Subject: FVWM: Fvwm colour allocation under Irix 6.2

From: Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:45:41 +0300 (IDT)

Hi,

I looked through the archve for an answer for this, but didn't find
anything concrete (well, no actual answer).

I got fvwm2.0.46 running on an SGI Indy, which has a 24-bit display. Thing
is, it gives a Cannot Allocate Colormap Entry error quite a bit, xterms
and gradients get colourless, etc. 

Now, I know Irix's X server allows different apps to have their own
colourmap _and_ colour, uh, depth, or visual type. And apparently fvwm
isn't using the right one. Does anyone know how to tell it it's supposed
to use TrueColor?

			Bye,

				-Yaron.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:54:03 -0500 (EST)

> isn't using the right one. Does anyone know how to tell it it's supposed

I think I remember something like this from a while back, and the problem
being that IRIX's Xserver automatically alocates all the colors available
for programs. I don't know why, but it does. I'm sorry I don't know of a
fix, but maybe this will help. 

Does anyone know of a way to force fvwm to use colors whether they're
there or not?
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+