Subject: FVWM: Different sets of buttons on different window titlebars?

From: Chris Siebenmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:30:43 -0400

I have a situation where I want some windows to have a very minimal
titlebar, with only one button and other windows to have titlebars with
more buttons. Is there any way to achieve this in fvwm 2.0.46? I can't
see an obvious way from reading the manpage, but I may well be missing
some clever use of decors or the like.

	- cks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:56:15 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Chris Siebenmann wrote:

-> I have a situation where I want some windows to have a very minimal
->titlebar, with only one button and other windows to have titlebars with
->more buttons. Is there any way to achieve this in fvwm 2.0.46? I can't
->see an obvious way from reading the manpage, but I may well be missing
->some clever use of decors or the like.
->
->	- cks

You can do this just using Style commands. One of the options for
Style is NoButton <n>. So for example when I do this in my .fvwm?rc:

Style "*Pine"           NoButton 1, NoButton 5, NoButton 7

it makes any Pine window have only Button 3 on the title bar. (I have
buttons 1, 3, 5 & 7 by default)

Martin  

--
[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm

    "Sponges grow in the ocean ... I wonder how much deeper    
          the ocean would be if that didn't happen."