Subject: Re: Tcl, fvwm, etc. (was Re: FVWM: Re: FvwmEvent ...)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:31:04 +0100

Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]> writes:

> [paragraphs moved to beginning for readers uninterested in Tcl]
> 
> In any case, my major concern with Tcl as a window manager (and
> especially if it tries to do module things in the same process) is
> that it's not multithreaded yet.  I *really* don't want my window
> manager to hang if its built in pager (or something) goes into a loop.

As I have written elsewhere, my main reason for using TCL as the new
configuration language, we to provide backward compability wit hthe
current configuration files. If that isn't an issue, then we could use
perl.... (see followup to Brian More for some of the reasoning for this).

> 
> I don't think it's a silly idea, necessarily, but it requires some
> thought as to what the goals are.  And looking closely at scwm surely
> makes sense.

I didn't know scwm... But I'l look into it...

/tonny

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].