Subject: FVWM: Followup to the autofading for anyone interested...

From: Chris Jewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

In order to get X11 to NOT fade to a blank screen when using xlockmore or
any other xscreensaver you have to use the 'xset s off' command.  Put this
command in your .xintrc and it will trun off the auto fade screen saver
for X11.

-Chris Jewell

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

>From the `xlock' manual page othat came with xlockmore-3.13:

       -/+enablesaver
            By default xlock will disable the normal  X  server's
            screen  saver since it is in effect a replacement for
            it.  Since it is possible  to  set  delay  parameters
            long  enough to cause phosphor burn on some displays,
            this option will turn  back  on  the  default  screen
            saver  which  is  very  careful  to  keep most of the
            screen black.

Note that `-enablesaver' enables the X screensaver, and `+enablesaver'
disables it.  You can also set the corresponding resource in your
.Xdefaults file:

    XLock.enablesaver: off

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Chris Jewell wrote:

: In order to get X11 to NOT fade to a blank screen when using xlockmore or
: any other xscreensaver you have to use the 'xset s off' command.  Put this
: command in your .xintrc and it will trun off the auto fade screen saver
: for X11.
: 
: 
: -Chris Jewell
: 
: --
: Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
: To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
: message to [email-masked].
: To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
: 
: 
: