Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 problem

From: Ami Hofman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:37:40 +0200

hi!

i installed a few days ago fvwm2 ver 2.046 on my wark station
thats hp, operating system hpux 10.10.
at first every thing was good but now i'm getting every few minutes
a message "Init :command respawning too rapidly will try again in 5
minutes"
plaese help, i don't know what to do.

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: aesop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:07:14 -0400 (EDT)

Check your /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log.  Hopefully, it'll have something
significant.  

How did you circumvent CDE? Since fvwm2 is running, maybe dtsession keeps
trying to reconnect to the display and failing.  Init tries to respawn the
process which fails immediately.  Check /etc/inittab for your runlevel.  I
think "who -r" on HP will give that info.

Eric 

> plaese help, i don't know what to do.

Dogbert: Has your electronic mail system made you more efficient?
Dilbert: In a way... Now I'm getting ignored at the speed of light.
						-- Scott Adams