Subject: FVWM: FVWM Placement Problem

From: Maxwell Spangler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:02:03 -0400 (EDT)

I have a very frustrating problem with a custom .fvwm2rc file I'm working
on--I can't tell if I'm failing to setup something properly or if this
could be a bug.

On my custom fvwm2 desktop, I have a 1024x768x16bp screen that is laid out
like this:  Where PPP is an FvwmPager area and BBBB is an FvwmButtons
area.

+----------+
|          |
|          |
|PPPBBBBBBB|
+----------+

I have a few buttons for quick spawning of xterms at various sizes, and I
can point and click on them to get a couple xterms up and running in no
time.

The area made available for Stick, StaysOnTop FvwmButtons and FvwmPager
modules is just enough so that the rest of the screen can accomodate four
80x25 xterms, or some similar variation such as one 80x50 and two 80x25s,
etc.  If I click four times on the 80x25 xterm icon I've placed on my
FvwmButton bar, I'll get four automaticaly placed 80x25 xterm windows.

This is exactly how I want my environment to work, BUT... Along with many
other changes[  :(  ]  I've moved the FvwmButtons and FvwmPagers area to
the top of the screen instead of the bottom.  When I attempt to click on
the 80x50 xterm window, it automatically places it on the right half of
the screen, instead of the left.  If I manually move it to the left side,
there are 2-3 pixels above and below the xterm.  This makes me think that
Fvwm2 should have, could have, placed it there, but for some reason
thought there was not enough room on the left, so it put it on the right..

+---------+  +----------+
|BBBB   PP|  |BBBB    PP|
|    XXXXX|  |XXXXX     | Left one shows what is happening, right one
|    XXXXX|  |XXXXX     | what I want to happen..
|    XXXXX|  |XXXXX     |
+---------+  +----------+

And yes, in my new environment, I've moved the FvwmButtons to the left,
FvwmPager to the right, and the space in the middle is open desktop area
avialable for icons..

Any ideas? Any?  Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxwell Spangler, Software Developer, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA!SouthparkKCKSAS!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].