Subject: FVWM: Roll-up minimize

From: Scott Scriven <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:11:27 -0700

Hello..

I remember reading something about windows rolling up into just their
title bars when minimized, but I can't find it now.  Can fvwm do this? 
How?

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  -----------"Use the source, Luke!"---------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:[email-masked]         |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:[email-masked]        |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:57:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Scott Scriven wrote:

: I remember reading something about windows rolling up into just their
: title bars when minimized, but I can't find it now.  Can fvwm do this? 
: How?

I think you mean windowshading.  In my .fvwm2rc, I have:

AddToFunc "Move-or-Raise" "M" Move
+                         "M" Raise
+                         "C" Raise
+                         "D" Windowshade

and the last line means that double-clicking the title bar make the
rest of the window disappear or re-appear.  I also added

+                       "&Windowshade"    Windowshade

into the AddToMenu "Window-Ops2" section.

Hope this helps.  I use it all the time, and don't minimize windows
any more.

Bill
-- 
William Denton | Toronto, Canada | http://www.vex.net/~buff/ | Caveat lector.
  "It is better to incur a mild rebuke than to perform an onerous task."
                                   -- "Uncle" Oswald Hendryks Cornelius