Subject: FVWM: Is there a "beginner's guide" or other resource for programming m4?

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 18:07:36 +0000

My apologies it I already sent a letter to you (I'm not sure).  I having
a hard time making sense out of the fvwm2 m4 config files and I could
really use a good source of into (yes, I everything available to me thus
far).

Could you point me to a good resource?

Thanks (possibly again)

Joe

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 07 Mar 1998 11:32:35 -0500

%% Joe <[email-masked]> writes:

  j> My apologies it I already sent a letter to you (I'm not sure).  I having
  j> a hard time making sense out of the fvwm2 m4 config files and I could
  j> really use a good source of into (yes, I everything available to me thus
  j> far).

  j> Could you point me to a good resource?

Well, the documentation for GNU m4 comes with it, and if you have RH5 it
was installed for you.

All GNU docs are in _info_ format.  The simplest way to read them is via
GNU Emacs (choose Help->Browse Manuals) but there is also a standalone
program "info" you can run.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     These are my opinions--Bay Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].