Subject: FVWM: Don't want fvwm to focus on newly created window

From: [email-masked] (James Hetfield)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:00:01 -0500

Hi,

At my school, we have a messaging system called "zephyr" where students 
online can send messages to each other, and these messages pop up on your
screen as "windowgrams" in their own separate window.  The problem that I
have is that I have fvwm configured to click-to-focus (I *hate* focus-
follows-mouse and don't want to use that unless it is a last resort), and
whenever I receive one of these windowgrams, the focus is automatically
placed on the new window, and it becomes a pain when I am trying to type
in a different window.

So, my question is, is there something in the configuration files that will
allow me to use click-to-focus while at the same time not focusing on newly
created windows?  If not, is there something that can easily be done in the
code to allow for this?

Please respond directly to this account, as I am not on the official mailing
list.

Thanks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].