Subject: FVWM: 2.43 --> 2.46 migration lost my buttons

From: Felix Morley Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Mar 1998 00:37:48 -0000

I checked the FAQ and change log, didn't see anything about this.  I
presume it's something basic and trivial - could someone enlighten me?

This is a Linux 2.0.33 system, XFree86 3.3.

I upgraded from 2.43 to 2.46 and now my FvwmButtons no longer show
up.  I did not change anything else.  Switching the binary and .../lib
directory from 2.43 to 2.46 shows the difference.  The 2.46 was
compiled with glibc2 / libc6 and 2.43 with libc5.

-- 
            ... _._. ._ ._. . _._. ._. ___ .__ ._. . .__. ._ .. ._.
     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [email-masked]
            PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F
I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of room o
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:31:32 -0500 (EST)

Silly question but did you check to make sure that FvwmButtons did in fact
compile, I seem to remember there being something missing in the makefile
and it didn't actually link.  So you may want to start there.

Brad

> compiled with glibc2 / libc6 and 2.43 with libc5.

--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous