Subject: FVWM: Tentative twm-style Button3 placement patch available

From: Chris Siebenmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:24:32 -0500

I have written a simple preliminary patch to add this feature to fvwm2
(2.0.46). When manually placing a window, you can click Button3 and the
window will be placed where it is and either extended down to the bottom
of the screen or truncated at the bottom of the screen (if its bottom
is off the bottom of the screen). I don't know enough about how fvwm2
keyboard shortcuts are implemented to know if they can be used for this,
or if you'd have to use a real mouse button.

 The patch works, except for a small glitch that I don't understand: if
you bang a window up against the left of the screen, move your mouse
pointer up, and hit Button3 before the rubber band has updated to the
new mouse position (when you bang the rubber band against the left, it
'sticks' perceptibly in that position), most of the time the window is
not extended but instead placed (at the current mouse position) in its
initial size.

 People who are interested in this patch -- especially if you understand
the above glitch and can easily debug it -- can send me email to get a
copy.

	- cks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].