Subject: Re: FVWM: fvwm2 and SGI's desktop

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:42:09 -0700

Richard Lister wrote:
-> I have vague recollections of encountering this in the past. The drag
-> and drop desktop functionality is provided by a daemon called
-> objectserver. IIRC this daemon grabs left and middle mouse clicks
-> and does its own thing with them. Right mouse click is passed to the
-> window manager unharmed.

Objectserver has nothing to do with this.

The thing that runs the icons on the desktop is "fm"; you can start
one up by hand with "fm -b" if you don't currently have any icons on
your desktop.

I don't know of any way to get the SGI icons to notice the right mouse
button - they ignore it under the default window manager (4Dwm) as well.
Any particular reason you need to use the right mouse button on these
icons?
			-Robert Tarrall.-
			Unix System/Network Admin
			PAOS, CU - Boulder
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Os <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:18:16 +0000

> Any particular reason you need to use the right mouse button on these

In the normal SGI setup, the right mouse button pops up a menu, which
contains extra items if the mouse is over a selected icon (eg. open
icon, put away icon).

-- 
Os
[email-masked]
http://webworlds.net/os/