Subject: FVWM: xterms in GoodStuff toolbar

From: James Clow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:56:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Apologies to those who think this is a little Win95y...

First of a bit of necessary info, I'm running fvwm 1.x on Linux 2.0.27 I'm
new to fvwm so I only have the one desk.  I also have the SurpressIcons
option running. 

On my GoodStuff toolbar I have a button to launch an xterm, call it foo
xterm, which works fine. What I want to do, is make it so that if the foo
xterm button is pressed again, it throws up foo xterm from where ever its
hiding, (from underneath other stuff on the desk, or if its an icon.) I
know that it is possible to get Goodstuff to swallow FvwmWinList, but I
don't think that would do that I  want.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jimmy.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:49:55 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, James Clow wrote:

: Apologies to those who think this is a little Win95y...
: 
: First of a bit of necessary info, I'm running fvwm 1.x on Linux 2.0.27 I'm
: new to fvwm so I only have the one desk.  I also have the SurpressIcons
: option running. 
: 
: On my GoodStuff toolbar I have a button to launch an xterm, call it foo
: xterm, which works fine. What I want to do, is make it so that if the foo
: xterm button is pressed again, it throws up foo xterm from where ever its
: hiding, (from underneath other stuff on the desk, or if its an icon.) I
: know that it is possible to get Goodstuff to swallow FvwmWinList, but I
: don't think that would do that I  want.
: 
: Any suggestions?

Try the following---i wrote it for exactly that purpose:

Begin3
Title:          xcmd
Version:        1.7
Entered-date:   04JAN98
Description:    Xcmd is a front-end for starting programs under X11.
                You can tell xcmd to look for a window with a specific
                class, resource name, or title string (using the
                `--find-<property>' options); if it finds one or more,
                xcmd will `raise' them, otherwise it will run the
                command you specify. You can tell xcmd to run commands
                that create their own windows (using `--xcmd'), or to
                run commands inside a terminal window (using `--cmd')
                with various options.
Keywords:       X11, xterm, rxvt, command, utility, xwit, xwininfo
Author:         Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Maintained-by:  Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/X11/xutils
                17kB xcmd-1.7.tar.gz
Alternate-site: 
Original-site:  
Platforms:      X11R6
Copying-policy: GPL
End

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%