Subject: FVWM: [Q] Not Resizable Window

From: Jin Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:52:55 +0900 (KST)

Hi,

  How can I set certain windows "not resizable"?
i.e. I don't wanna allow some sticky windows -- like xclock, xload
... - to be resized.

Thanks in advance.

-jin

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jin Ko                                        mailto:[email-masked]
Network Engineer                           http://ghost.nuri.net/
Inet, Inc.              phone:+82-2-531-7924 (fax:+82-2-555-8127)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 06:31:37 -0500

> i.e. I don't wanna allow some sticky windows -- like xclock, xload

I think you'd have to edit the source code for that particular
application. FVWM honors the maximum and minimum size requests that
applications make, but I don't think there's any way you can pull it off
from within FVWM.

Nathan

---

From: Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:40:35 +0000

> i.e. I don't wanna allow some sticky windows -- like xclock, xload

You can remove the titlebar, and/or the handlebars which provide the obvious 
ways of resizing them (and reduce screen estate wastage).  You'd still be able 
to resize by going to the menus, though.  (Assuming a standardish 
configuration; you could remove resizing from all menus except those 
accessible from windows which you want to be able to resize, I suppose.)

What are you trying to achieve?  i.e., how much work is it worth?