Subject: FVWM: initial window size

From: Pete Gaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 09:14:16 +0000

Some windows which launch on my fvwm ( in particular some child popups
of 2 main applications ) come up with incorrect initial window size.   I
have 2 which are too big and cross multiple screens and one which comes
up very small.  I am running on sun Sparc and Ultra  Workstations using
sunos 5.5.1 and fvwm 1.24.   I am reasonably confident that this is a
problem/feature of the applications as they are part of a family of
products we use.   The main point is that, under dtwm, the windows open
ok.    Anyone know of a way to make fvwm "get it wrong" like dtwm or
failing that,  the sort of problem I might look for in the application
code?

Pete
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 08:23:17 -0500

> failing that,  the sort of problem I might look for in the application

Look at the window using "xwininfo -size".  

Look at all the  size hints, but  specifically see  if the  window has
defined minimum and maximum aspect ratios.

As I remember, the last time we saw this, the minimum was greater than
the maximum.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].