Subject: FVWM: FVWM

From: Gary Mulhern <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:41:06 -0800

I am new to Linux and recently installed Redhat 5.0 (Linux kernel
2.0.32).  Everything is great but I have problems with FVWM
(v1).  When I exit FVWM the top 90% of the screen is filled with
a solid pink-purple color and the machine is locked up.  I can't
ALT-Function key to another vterminal or do anything but turn off
the power.  This is running on a Pentium 133 (Intel VX chipset)
with 64MB RAM and a Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 (S3 ViRGE) with 4MB
VRAM.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

-Gary

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Erwin J. van Eijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:16:27 +0100

>Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I had the same problem, and it's located somewhere in the video
board. If you try to reset the board, it will sometimes (1 out of 3
approx) lock itself up. We haven't given it any more thought, other
than, replace the damn' thing.

Grtz
EJ
--
+--------------------+ There's only one rule:
| Erwin J.  van Eijk | 		The golden rule.
| [email-masked]       | He who owns the gold, rules.
+--------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].