Subject: FVWM: Help with ButtonStyles...

From: "Pat Suwalski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:50:53 -0600

Hi People!

I'm fairly new to fvwm2, and I have a question about ButtonStyle (don't be
going, yeah, yeah, here we go again)...

I put in the following into my .fvwm2rc:

ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon

ButtonStyle 3 (PixMap Logo.xpm)

ButtonStyle 6 (PixMap Minimize.xpm)
ButtonStyle 6 InActive (PixMap Minimize-D.xpm)

ButtonStyle 4 (PixMap Maximize.xpm)
ButtonStyle 4 InActive (PixMap Maximize-D.xpm)

ButtonStyle 2 (PixMap Close.xpm)
ButtonStyle 2 InActive (PixMap Close-D.xpm)

Hoping to get Buttons 1 and 3 on the left side and Buttons 6, 4, and 2 on
the right side.
The problem is that when I run it, I get only these in the following order:
Button 1 on the Left, and Buttons 4 and 2 on the Right.

Am I doing something terribly wrong? Any help appreciated.
                                                        -Pat

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 21:11:10 -0500 (EST)

On 02-Feb-98 Pat Suwalski wrote:

> I put in the following [ButtonStyles] into my .fvwm2rc...

        Hmmm...do you have anything bound to the buttons that aren't
showing up? If I recall correctly, FVWM won't bother displaying buttons
that aren't bound to anything.

        - Bob

---

From: "Patrick K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:26:49 -0800 (PST)

Hiya Pat,

> Am I doing something terribly wrong? Any help appreciated.

   My guess is you have not defined any actions/functions
   with buttons 3 and 6.  Try "binding" mouse actions to
   those buttons.  Like:

      Mouse 0   3       A        WindowShade
      Mouse 0   6       A        Lower

   Hope this helps,

Patrick ...