Subject: Re: FVWM: How to retrieve a window that's gone off-screen

From: Michael Hucka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:50:38 -0500 (EST)

I think I may have failed to mention an important point in my original
message: I was moving the window in the little desktop view provided by
FvwmPager.  I clicked and held the window's representation in the desktop
view, then moved it from one portion of the virtual desktop to another,
except that I moved quickly and FvwmPager exhibited a bit of sluggishness,
and when I let go of the mouse, whoop -- the window was nowhere to be seen.

I've had this kind of thing happen more than once.  Usually I kill the
process involved.  (But this time it was a window on another machine in which
a process' output was going, and I was hoping to see the output :-).)

It may be related to load; it only happens to me when FvwmPager is responding
very sluggishly (window movements inside the pager window have hysteresis),
which happens when the workstation is loaded in general.

-- 
Mike Hucka   --   [email-masked]   --   PhD student, UNIX admin & programmer
  Read about how Microsoft really achieved its position of dominance in
  software and then think about what it means for you if they are allowed 
  to monopolize the industry: http://www.netaction.org/msoft/world/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].