Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtonsPixmap

From: Os <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:19:47 +0000

Can someone clarify for me what FvwmButtonsPixmap is supposed to do?

I thought it might put a background behind the icon labels, and around
them instead of the solid padding colour, but it doesn't seem to.

(fvwm 2.0.46)

cheers,
-- 
Os
[email-masked]
http://webworlds.net/os/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:34:23 +0100 (MET)

> Can someone clarify for me what FvwmButtonsPixmap is supposed to do?

I have tried those several times, they seemed to have no effect at all.
But maybe that's just me :)

CIAO,

-- 

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

Life would be easier if I had the source code.

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:53:56 -0500

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:34:23 +0100 (MET)
[email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven) 
> But maybe that's just me :)

It works up to a point. If you have a very simple buttonbar without
containers or padding it seems to work, but it can't cope with more
complicated structures. Also, it doesn't seem to work with swallowed
apps.

Could this be because the container code was added after the pixmap
code? Probably needs a bit of a rewrite.

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:48:44 +0100 (MET)

> complicated structures. Also, it doesn't seem to work with swallowed

I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with swallowed apps, but I have quite
a simple buttonbar (no containers) and it still doesn't work.

> code? Probably needs a bit of a rewrite.

Probably.
It should be possible, so I guess there's indeed a little "bug" in the
algorithm.

-- 

A. van Werven