Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 hang

From: Steve Sanbeg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:05:44 -0500 (EST)

I just tried testing out a new fvwm, version 2.0.46, and am having a problem
with it; it usually hangs when I try to restart it.

After fiddling with my config file, I try to restart to get that to take
affect.  I pull up the root menu, seletc exit fvwm, then select restart fvwm
from the appropriate menu.

When it restarts, the mouse pointer never changes from the left arrow that
it becomes when the menu comes up; the menu never gets unmapped, actually,
fvwm decorates the popup menu! (It gets a border and titlebar, labelled
'untitled') 

At this point it becomes fairly useless; I can't focus windows, can't switch
monitors, etc.  I can't even get my key sequence I bound to exit fvwm, so I
have to walk to another mahcine, then come in remotely and kill the process
that way.

FYI, I'm doing all of this on solaris 2.6 on a sparc 5.  Any help would be
appreciated; it looks like it has a lot of nice features, but it seems just
to unstable to use now; I guess I'll have to stick with 2.0.42 for awhile
:-(

tia
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].