Subject: FVWM: screen saver parameters

From: "Richard Welty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:10:36 +0000

this may not be an fvwm issue but a general X issue, but i've only 
recently had to worry about it and i'm not sure where to find the 
info... it's not in the fvwm FAQ.

how do i adjust/disable the screensaver timing?  right now, i need 
to turn the screensaver off for demo purposes, but it'd be good to 
know how to change the idle time before the screen blanks.

thanks,
  richard
-- 
Richard Welty                      Chief Internet Engineer, INet Solutions    
[email-masked]           http://www.inet-solutions.net/~rwelty/
888-311-INET x1202                                      518-432-INET x1202
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Fall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:36:00 -0500 (EST)

> know how to change the idle time before the screen blanks.

First, "xset s off" will I think shut off the screensaver.

Look at the man page for xset.  It probably will lead you to think you
can't control the blanking time (not sure).  In which case you'll want to
shut off the native X screensaver (again, with "xset s off" I think) and
replace it by running xscreensaver, which judging by the contents of its
defaults file in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults can do all that and more.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Greg Fall
[email-masked]
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gmfall