Subject: FVWM: Newbie Question: Mouse Focus Question w/ tkgoodstuff

From: Eric Peers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:51:13 -0700 (MST)

I'm having trouble getting my mouse focus to work the way I'd like it to.
I'm currently running fvwm-2.0.46 and tkgoodstuff8.0-final on a solaris
box (sunOS 5.5.1). What I'd like to be able to do is have my mouse focus
switch when I click anywhere in a window. 

I have a feeling this is probably answered somewhere already, but I
couldn't find it. If this is a duplicate question I apologize, and would
appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of the answer.

I originally had the following in my config file:
Style "*"        BorderWidth 4, HandleWidth 4, MouseFocusClickRaises, NoIcon

But I had trouble using tkgoodstuff with this. Any time I moved over the
tkgoodstuff button bar, it grabbed the focus, even if I didn't click in
it. Ok, so that's bearable. But then I would click on an icon, go to that
window, and tkgoodstuff would minimize itself -- _but_ grabbed the focus
again in doing so. So all my typing after tkgoodstuff minimizes went to
/dev/null...

So I tried the following:
Style "*"           BorderWidth 4, HandleWidth 4, SloppyFocus, NoIcon

Which works with tkgoodstuff and I don't lose my focus on a window. The
problem is that I want to be able to click on a window and bring it
to the foreground (which only works if I click on the title bar, borders).
I tried adding the following, but it meant that any click was always
interpreted by fvwm2, which isn't any good after the first click:

Mouse 1 WTSF  Raise

Is there a way to:
A) Click once to raise a window, subsequent clicks are interpreted by that
window? (under SloppyFocus)

B) Make the focus stay on the current window, _even if_ I move over the
tkgoodstuff space? (under ClickToFocus)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].