Subject: FVWM: Cursor change.

From: John Culleton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:30:57 -0500

The normal cursor on my system is an "x" outside a window and an arrow
inside a window. However when I perform a function frequently the cursor
changes to a circle. I have to click on any empty space to get the "X"
cursor back. The system then beeps.
If I forget to perform this little routine then the screen saver won't
work.

Any hints on how to get rid of this annoying little circle
automatically? Assistance appreciated.

John Culleton

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:45:22 -0500

> cursor back. The system then beeps.

Fvwm changes the  cursor  into a circle  when you  select an operation
that requires a window, but you are not in a window.

For example   if you select  "iconify"  from an  fvwm menu, the cursor
changes to a cirle until you click on a window.

> If I forget to perform this little routine then the screen saver won't

Because fvwm is suspending everything else until you click on something.

> automatically? Assistance appreciated.

Perhaps the source  code  could be changed to  make  the little circle
time out...

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].