Subject: FVWM: Titlebar button problems

From: Adrian Burd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:43:00 -0600

I've just installed fvwm2.0.46 on a DEC Alpha running DU4.0. So far
everything works fine except that I seem unable to get any styles for
the buttons in any titlebars for any windows. 

I've tried something as simple as

ButtonStyle 1 Pixmap mini.exit.xpm

as well as

ButtonStyle 1 4 50x65@1 35x35@1 65x35@1 50x65@0
ButtonStyle 4 4 50x65@1 35x35@1 65x35@1 50x65@0
ButtonStyle 2 13 26x29@1 34x21@1 50x35@1 70x21@1 79x29@1 63x48@0 79x65@1 70x75@0 50x61@0 34x75@0 26x65@0 44x48@1 26x29@0
ButtonStyle 3 5 40x40@1 60x40@1 60x60@0 40x60@0 40x40@1

I've used the sample system fvwmrc files as well as created my own but
nothing seems to work. Am I missing some piece of code or something? I
can use the pixmaps for the FvwmButtons without any problems, so I
know the program is finding the pixmaps. 

I do get four blank buttons at the top of each window and the mouse
buttons do what they are supposed to do for each of them. But I am
unable to get anything other than blank buttons.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adrian

-- 
_____________________________________________________________________
                             | 
Adrian Burd,                 | Quidquid Latinae dictum sit,
Dpt. of Oceanography,        | altum videtur.
Texas A&M University,        | 
College Station ,            |--------------------------------------- 
Texas 77843-3146             |
F: (409) 847 8879            | http://www-ocean.tamu.edu/~ecomodel
W: (409) 845 1115            |
_____________________________|_______________________________________

Disclaimer: I am not the official spokesperson for anyone, for which 
            organisations that use spokespersons are profoundly
            grateful.

______________________________________________________________________

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:23:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Adrian Burd wrote:

: I've just installed fvwm2.0.46 on a DEC Alpha running DU4.0. So far
: everything works fine except that I seem unable to get any styles
: for the buttons in any titlebars for any windows.

I'm no kind of expert on fvwm or buttons, but here's a fragment from
my rc file.  I took this from a sample fvwm2rc somewhere, I think, but
I had to change one or two things.  It may help - at least you can
plug it in and then tweak it.

# ----- Buttony stuff.

# All my buttons should be red.
ButtonStyle 1 (Solid Red -- Flat)
ButtonStyle 2 (Solid Red -- Flat)
ButtonStyle 4 (Solid Red -- Flat)
ButtonStyle 6 (Solid Red -- Flat)

# Down Triangle for menu or close (top left corner)
AddButtonStyle 1 ActiveUp (4 50x75@1 25x25@1 75x25@1 50x75@0 )
AddButtonStyle 1 ActiveDown (4 50x75@0 25x25@0 75x25@0 50x75@1 )
AddButtonStyle 1 Inactive (4 50x75@1 25x25@1 75x25@1 50x75@0 )

# Left-most top right.
# 3 stacked rectangular panels like stills of a window being minimized
AddButtonStyle 6 17 95x20@0 95x60@0 75x60@0 75x40@0 75x70@0 55x70@0 55x60@0 55x85@0 15x85@0 15x60@1 55x60@1 30x60@1 30x40@1 75x40@1 45x40@1 45x20@1 95x20@1

# Centre top right. 
# 2 stacked rectangular panels like stills of a window being maximized
AddButtonStyle 4 11 95x10@0 95x75@0 25x75@0 65x75@0 65x90@0 10x90@0 10x55@1 25x55@1 25x75@1 25x10@1 95x10@1

# Right-most top right.
# An X
AddButtonStyle 2 16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1

Bill
-- 
William Denton | Toronto, Canada | http://www.vex.net/~buff/ | Caveat lector.
  "It is better to incur a mild rebuke than to perform an onerous task."
                                   -- "Uncle" Oswald Hendryks Cornelius