Subject: FVWM: fvwm95 compile error

From: [email-masked] (Tony Huynh)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:28:32 -0600 (CST)

I tried to compile fvwm95 and got this error:
============
$ make
making all in ./libs...
making all in ./fvwm...
rm -f fvwm95
gcc -I/usr/openwin/include -L/homes/thuynh/fvwm95-2.0.43a-Imake/libs
-lfvwm95 -o fvwm95 add_window.o  bindings.o  borders.o  builtins.o
colormaps.o  colors.o  complex.o  decorations.o  events.o  focus.o
functions.o  fvwm.o  icons.o  menus.o  misc.o  module.o  move.o
placement.o  read.o  resize.o  style.o  virtual.o  windows.o -O -xF -DSYSV
-DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -R:/usr/openwin/lib  -L/usr/openwin/lib -L../libs
-lfvwm95 -lXpm  -lXext -lX11  -lsocket -lnsl 
/homes/thuynh/fvwm95-2.0.43a-Imake/libs/libfvwm95.a: could not read
symbols: No symbols
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fvwm95'
Current working directory /homes/thuynh/fvwm95-2.0.43a-Imake/fvwm
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
============
I do actually have the file libfvwm95.a in
/homes/thuynh/fvwm95-2.0.43a-Imake/libs/

So, what symbols am I missing here???
Thank you in advance for your helps.

                        _________________________
_______________________|       Tony Huynh        |________________________
\  1000 Coit Road      |   Software Developer    | (972)519-4036         /
 \  Mailstop 152       | DSC Communications Corp | (972)519-4220 (FAX)  /
  )  Plano, TX 75075   |     ISDN Services       |                     (
 /                     |________________________ | [email-masked] \
/_________________________)                  (___________________________\
|**** The opinions expressed are not those of DSC Communications, Inc ****|
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].