Subject: FVWM: Mouseless setup

From: Bill Oswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:48:16 -0600 (CST)

Anyone running a mouseless environment (no mouse, no trackball, no pen,
no nuthin')? 

I've got a user who wants to try it.  Fvwm can move the sprite well
enough but how do you define keys for Clicks and what about dragging? 

Any config hints apprecicated, 
-Bill Oswald 
IBM Rochester, MN 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:15:22 -0500 (EST)

> enough but how do you define keys for Clicks and what about dragging? 

FWIW, I don't think X will allow you to start without a mouse (or at least
XFree86 on Linux won't).
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: Michael Tiefenback <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:09:43 -0500 (EST)

>From the XF86Config manpage:

In the ServerFlags section:

AllowMouseOpenFail
               This  allows  the  server  to start up even if the
               mouse device can't be opened/initialised.

By the way, I have had the same questions about making mouse hits and
drag'n'drop stuff.  I'd like to be able to do mouseless things too, and my
terminal setup _does not_ by default turn <return> into a mouse hit.  I'm
sure it's in the docs, but I apparently haven't adequately RTFM as yet.

Michael Tiefenback