Subject: FVWM: Selecting desktop

From: [email-masked] (Michael Hughes)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:28:52 -0600 (CST)

Is there a way with fvwm 2.x to get a window on a desktop without the
current view changing to that desktop? I am using -xrm "*Desk:1". Thanks
for the help in advance!

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 _ _ _                    _    _    ,                    Loghome living is the 
' ) ) )      /           //   ' )  /         /                          best ! 
 / / / o _. /_  __.  _  //     /--/ . . _,  /_  _  _                           
/ ' (_<_(__/ /_(_/|_</_</_    /  (_(_/_(_)_/ /_</_/_)_                         
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.        /|                                    
St Louis MO                             |/                  [email-masked] 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:31:37 -0500 (EST)

I know in my version of fvwm2.0.46 you can issue SkipMapping as a style
command although I don't remember if this is a regular option or one that
I got from a patch called StartsOnPage.

You can find a link to the patch from the fv web site, if you can't let me
know and I'll look it up for you

Brad

> current view changing to that desktop? I am using -xrm "*Desk:1". Thanks

--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:43:00 -0500 (EST)

> I got from a patch called StartsOnPage.

        The SkipMapping style has been a standard feature for a long time.
However, as Brad suggests, you might want to have a look at the StartsOnPage
patch, which does what StartsOnDesk does and more.

        - Bob