Subject: FVWM: Wandering FvwmWinList

From: Herve Debar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 11:00:34 +0100

I looked at the mailing list archive, and haven't seen a solution to the
problem of wandering FvwmWinList in Fvwm 2.0.46. Has somebody found a
solution for it ? 

Before being suggested to use FvwmIconMan, i'll describe my setup
quickly : I have two lists of my windows, one for the page and one for
the entire desktop. Some windows (of course) appear on the two lists,
but that doesn't bother me, since i have different actions bound on the
mouse buttons, for each of the lists. I'm using FvwmIcomMan for the page
list, and FvwmWinList for the list of all windows. I've tried to use two
FvwmIconMan, but 1)having twice the same window in two managers is
impossible, and 2) i haven't been able to configure the two managers,
there is always one which is empty. 

I have tried to have FvwmWinList swallowed by FvwmButtons, but then the
list is empty :-).

Does somebody have any clues ?

Thanks a lot

H.

-- 
Herve Debar
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
Saumerstrasse 4
CH-8803 Rueschlikon/Switzerland
Tel.  +41-1-724-84-99     Fax.   +41-1-710-36-08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:06:56 +0100 (MET)

> problem of wandering FvwmWinList in Fvwm 2.0.46. Has somebody found a

Try adding the following line to your rc file:
*FvwmWinListGeometry  +0-1

Hope this helps,

CIAO di Al Grandi.

-- 
God is real, unless declared integer.

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven