Subject: FVWM: What machines

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:18:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

Is there any way to include a structure like the one below in your
fvwm2rc file ?

if (hostname == foobar) then
   do_this
else
   do_that
endif

CIAO di Al Grandi.

-- 

God is real, unless declared integer.

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:30:36 -0500

> if (hostname == foobar) then

This is  another thing I  don't do,   but  try "man FvwmM4"  and  "man
FvwmCpp".

You might  find it simpler  to write  a shell called "do_this_or_that"
and  have the  shell  figure out  whether you  want   to "do_this"  or
"do_that".

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 16 Jan 1998 15:06:17 -0500

FvwmM4 definitely allows you to do this, and I assume FvwmCpp does
too.  Here's a very simple example (note I use {} as m4 quote chars):

addtoMenu testmenu "Fvwm FVWM_VERSION" Title
ifelse({host1},HOSTNAME,{
+ "This is host1" Nop
},{host2},HOSTNAME,{
+ "This is host2" Nop
},{
+ "This is some other host" Nop
}

FvwmM4 defines the HOSTNAME and several other things.  I believe the
man page states all of them, though you might want to check the source
to be certain.

To use FvwmM4, I start fvwm2 with:

fvwm2 -cmd "FvwmM4 -m4-squote { -m4-equote } .fvwm2rc" >/tmp/fvwm-errors 2>&1

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 781-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:37:26 -0500 (EST)

I'm currently running RedHat 5.0 (kernel 2.0.32, X 3.3.1) and trying to
use fvwm2 (.46, if I recall)  as it comes rpm'ed.  Unfortunately, when I
run some applications, such as ezppp, some of the windows aren't properly
"managed", (there's no title bar and the like, so I can't move, minimize,
etc).  I've gone to using fvwm95 and don't experience this problem, but I
thought fvwm2 was much nicer.  How do I fix this?  Feel free to point me
to a FAQ. 

Thanks!

Matt Clark
[email-masked] 
(and recent subscriber)

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:50:49 -0500

> thought fvwm2 was much nicer.  How do I fix this?  Feel free to point me

If the window in question is a pop-up from another window, check out
"style" "decoratetransients".

Otherwise look for a "style" with "notitle".