Subject: FVWM: HOW DO I START X WINDOW WITH ALLIANCE PROMOTION?

From: Shengliang Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:53:43 -0800 (PST)

I am Shengliang Song.  I bought NEC READY9522R computer on June 6 in 1996.
    Last month, I added zip drive (parallet port) and an new Western Digital
    hard drive (5.1 gigabyte).  And then, I install linux system (Redhat 5.0)
    into my computer.  Now, before my computer begins booting, it display 
    the following:
        . . . 
     	3F8H com address conflict 
	Fixed Disk 0: Identified
	
	<F1> to resume, <F2> to stetup

     I did not know why?  ( Is there something wrong my new hard drive or 
     Redhat 5.0 or zip drive?  Or is there something wrong my computer?)
     After pressing F1, I can boot win 95 or UINX (Redhat 5.0).  They all
     work fine. My only problem is that "3F8H com address conflict".  What
     is that meaning?  How do I get that?  In addtion, when I boot with win95,
     I, sometimes, can not find my CD drive, but sometimes I can find it.

	  Second, when I boot with linux (Redhat 5.0), and I cannot start
	  X window because it does not have configuration file with
	  my Alliance ProMotion (version 4.1.19).
	  
	  Do I have to change a video card? 
	  How do I start X window with Alliance ProMotion?
     
     Sincerely,

     Shengliang Song
     [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].