Subject: FVWM: http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 05:04:44 -0600

I keep getting an error 'cannot allocate color table' or something of that nature ...
Is there anyway I could fix this?  I notice it seems to come up
ONLY when that EXACT color IS in use. say, netscape has 111 <BLUE> loaded
and I load up XV <XVIEW> .. The border doesn't load up in color, instead
it loads up in b&w ..  even thought it has 111 <BLUE> as it color..

Any help would be appreciated, for i ask on efnet in #linux, and I've been
working on it for 3 days STRAIGHT <seriously like 13 hrs a day> =]

Aaron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 08:34:37 -0500

> working on it for 3 days STRAIGHT <seriously like 13 hrs a day> =]

Sounds like you're using  8-bit color, which  only allows you to use a
maximum of 256 colors at a time, and you've run out.

Start netscape with the "-install" flag and see if that helps.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].