Subject: FVWM: Problems with GoodStuff in fvwm (fwd)

From: Chris Jewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:09:24 -0500 (EST)

When I try to config the GoodStuff toolbar in fvwm I get problems
with trying to establish a remoet connection.  If I set up the button to
execute a telnet or rlogin I get an error that says:
	xterm: Can't execvp telnet esmail
		OR
	xterm: Can't execvp rlogin -l jewellce esmail

Why is this happening?  The xterm command I have in the GoodStuff line is:

*GoodStuff rterm.xpm  Exec "" xterm -T esmail -e 'rlogin -l jewellce esmail' &

Is this incorrect?

-Chris 'the idiot" Jewell

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:54:49 -0500

> *GoodStuff rterm.xpm  Exec "" xterm -T esmail -e 'rlogin -l jewellce esmail' &

That should be:

*GoodStuff rterm.xpm  Exec xterm -T esmail -e rlogin -l jewellce esmail

xterm -e  uses all following parameters, not just the next one.

-- 
-Neil Moore,                           http://www.sfhs.ml.org/~amethyst/
[email-masked]    Thring, LSLP, THEM, SuGARS, SGPCSSIAM, Faerie
http://www.sfhs.ml.org/cgi-bin/finger?amethyst for my Geek Code and JAPH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].