Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar with fvwm2

From: Neil Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:49:58 -0500

As a former fvwm95 user, I have been running the taskbar under fvwm2
for about a month now.  This morning I finally decided that those
annoying little grey squares in place of MiniIcons were just too much,
and went looking through the FvwmTaskBar code to find the problem.
After a few minutes of comparing things with FvwmIconMan, I found the
problem.

Following is a patch to get FvwmTaskBar (as distributed with fvwm
2.0.46, under extras/) to do MiniIcons correctly.  This may not apply
cleanly (I played around with the file a bit before copying off the
.orig), but you get the general idea:

--- fvwm-2.0.46/extras/FvwmTaskBar/FvwmTaskBar.c.orig	Wed Dec 24 09:32:56 1997
+++ fvwm-2.0.46/extras/FvwmTaskBar/FvwmTaskBar.c	Wed Dec 24 09:33:12 1997
@@ -367,8 +367,8 @@
   case M_MINI_ICON:
     if ((i = FindItem(&windows, body[0])) == -1) break;
     if (UpdateButton(&buttons, i, NULL, DONT_CARE) != -1) {
-      p.picture = body[1];
-      p.mask    = body[2];
+      p.picture = body[6];
+      p.mask    = body[7];
       p.width   = body[3];
       p.height  = body[4];
       p.depth   = body[5];

-- 
-Neil Moore,                           http://www.sfhs.ml.org/~amethyst/
[email-masked]    Thring, LSLP, THEM, SuGARS, SGPCSSIAM, Faerie
http://www.sfhs.ml.org/cgi-bin/finger?amethyst for my Geek Code and JAPH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 18:29:26 -0500

Moore's patch does indeed work (thanks).  The two character change
transformed taskbar mini-icons from a grey area and a bunch of error
msgs to little pictures.  I applied the patch manually but it does
look like he has the linenumbers set up for a clean patch.  I hope
this makes it into .47.  Here is my diff (Emacs vc-diff C-x v =).

*** FvwmTaskBar.c	1997/12/24 22:58:14	1.1
--- FvwmTaskBar.c	1997/12/24 22:58:32
***************
*** 367,374 ****
    case M_MINI_ICON:
      if ((i = FindItem(&windows, body[0])) == -1) break;
      if (UpdateButton(&buttons, i, NULL, DONT_CARE) != -1) {
!       p.picture = body[1];
!       p.mask    = body[2];
        p.width   = body[3];
        p.height  = body[4];
        p.depth   = body[5];
--- 367,374 ----
    case M_MINI_ICON:
      if ((i = FindItem(&windows, body[0])) == -1) break;
      if (UpdateButton(&buttons, i, NULL, DONT_CARE) != -1) {
!       p.picture = body[6];
!       p.mask    = body[7];
        p.width   = body[3];
        p.height  = body[4];
        p.depth   = body[5];

allan gottlieb

---

From: Cristian Gafton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:53:11 -0500 (EST)

> .orig), but you get the general idea:

This patch (any many others) is included with the fvwm-2.0.46 sources
distributed with Red Hat 5.0

Cristian
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cristian Gafton   --   [email-masked]   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.