Subject: FVWM: fvwm startup problem for non-root users

From: [email-masked] (Greg Raftery)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 17:03:23 GMT

Hello,

The users that i have set up on my system arent able to run X anymore.
When i first added the users, X worked fine as i had it set up to
automatically run startx after login. Now i get the following lines in
the output of startx :

	PEX extension module not loaded
	XIE extension module not loaded
	rm: /tmp/fvwmrca00274: Operation not permitted
	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	xinit:  connection to X server lost.

	waiting for X server to shut down 

this line underlined is the difference, and i dont know why all of a
sudden this is occuring. Root operates fine.

Thanks

 Greg Raftery
 Perth, Western Australia
 "The Phantom has eyes and ears everywhere"
 - Old Jungle Saying
 http://www.space.net.au/~ghost
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: R Dicaire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:30:33 -0500 (EST)

> 	rm: /tmp/fvwmrca00274: Operation not permitted

Not that this is fvwm related (IMO) but it seems to be a possible
permissions problem with /tmp dir. Check the perms on /tmp and try
deleting /tmp/fvwmrca00274 as well.