Subject: FVWM: FvwmBacker weirdness

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:41:47 -0500

After a hiatus from tracking fvwm releases, and from this list, I've
just upgraded to 2.0.46. I like the new features (especially the
FvwmIconMan magic that lets me create a taskbar), but I'm having some
strange results with my FvwmBacker setup (which is unchanged from
2.0.45 in my config). 

- The -solid option produces results that look like a bad xor
  value. *FvwmBackerDesk 0 -solid steelblue produces a(n aweful) tan
  color, while *FvwmBackerDesk 2 -solid white results in a solid black
  background. This happens regardless of the XORValue setting (default
  or 255)

- lines like
    
	*FvwmBackerDesk 1 /usr/X11R6/bin/xbackdrop
	*FvmwBackerDesk 3 xpmroot /usr/local/lib/backdrops/arena.xpm

  fail silently, while

        *FvwmBackerDesk 4 /usr/X11R6/bin/xpmroot /usr/local/lib/backdrops/leaves.xpm

  results in 

        [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed:
        /usr/X11R6/bin/xpmroot /usr/local/lib/backdrops/spacebg.xpm
        No such file or directory

My environment is Linux, with MetroX 3.1.8. My display runs in 16 bit
mode. All of this behaved as documented under 2.0.45. Did I miss
something?

- Jim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].