Subject: FVWM: Color

From: "Choi, Hyoung-Kee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:27:50 -0500 (EST)

The fvwm2 is running on Ultra Sparc 1. I am suffering lack of color.
Is it possible to increase the max number of color in SUN machine.
How may I increase the color to 2^^16 instead of default 256?

Thank you in advance.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Dec 1997 17:46:14 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Choi, Hyoung-Kee said:

  Choi> The fvwm2 is running on Ultra Sparc 1. I am suffering lack of color.
  Choi> Is it possible to increase the max number of color in SUN machine.
  Choi> How may I increase the color to 2^^16 instead of default 256?

You need to buy hardware for this, I believe.  I'm not sure about the
Ultra Light, but for the SPARCstation 4 it was possible to buy
additional video memory for about $300.  Assuming that an Ultra is not
worse than an SS4, this should be possible for the Ultra, as well.
You might want to contact your local Sun dealer.

NB: The Ultra 1/170E has got a Creator graphics card which groks true
color.  Maybe you can buy such a card for your Ultra?

PS: This is off-topic for this mailing list...

-- 
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        [email-masked]
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/
                                      Vox +49 231 755 5670, Fax -2405
I like both kinds of music.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].