Subject: FVWM: Keyboard control...

From: [email-masked] (Starfox)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:40:58 -0600 (CST)

Okay, this may have been covered before in here, but I didn't see it
anywhere in the FAQ, and I'm having trouble getting it to work. So,
sorry if I'm rehashing old topics...

Basically, I'd like to configure fvwm (I'm running 2.0.46) so I can use
the keyboard to do almost everything.  I have most of it configured except
the following things.

1. The ability to alternate/cycle through open windows (similar to alt-tab 
in MS Windows).
2. Keyboard control to maximize/return to normal a xterm
3. Keyboard control to resize an xterm
4. Something to simulate a mouse click/double click.

If anyone could provide me with hints/tips/advice/examples as to get 
this work, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-- 
Starfox                     | "There's only us, there's only this
[email-masked]             |  Forget regret or life is yours to miss
[email-masked]   |  No other road, no other way
http://www.mcs.net/~starfox |  No day but today."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:08:29 -0500

> 1. The ability to alternate/cycle through open windows (similar to alt-tab 

AddToFunc "FocusRaise"		"I" Focus
+				"I" Raise

Key Tab         A       M       Next FocusRaise
Key Tab         A       MS      Prev FocusRaise
Key Tab		A	C	Next [CurrentDesk] FocusRaise
Key Tab		A	CS	Prev [CurrentDesk] FocusRaise

Alt-Tab and Alt-Shift-Tab cycle through the windows, in opposite
orders.  Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab cycle through those on the
current desktop.

BTW, is there a particular reason there is no !CurrentDesk condition?

> 3. Keyboard control to resize an xterm

Key F6		A	M	Resize
Key F7		A	M	Maximize 100 100

You may want different numbers for Maximize, depending on your screen
layout.  To resize, hit Alt-F6, move around with the arrow keys, and
hit enter to accept (or escape to cancel).  To maximize/unmaximize,
Alt-F7.

> 4. Something to simulate a mouse click/double click.

That's a bit more difficult.  If I remember correctly, there was a
discussion about this on this list a few weeks ago.  Basically, you
can generate fake mouse events, but most programs won't accept them.
You can possibly do something with XIE (X Input Extensions), but that
would probably not be too fun, and bugger if I know how to.

-- 
-Neil Moore,                           http://www.sfhs.ml.org/~amethyst/
[email-masked]    Thring, LSLP, THEM, SuGARS, SGPCSSIAM, Faerie
http://www.sfhs.ml.org/cgi-bin/finger?amethyst for my Geek Code and JAPH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].