Subject: FVWM: Maximize

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 16:43:54 -0500 (EST)

I'm hoping I've missed an option so maybe someone can help me out, I want
to do a maximize 100 98, to leave room for somethings like, xbiff and the
clock

But I keep those things at the top of my screen not the bottom, and when I
maxamize the window jumps up to top left, and then I have to move it.
Does anyone know of a way I can counteract this behavior

Brad

--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: lar3ry gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 08:53:06 -0500 (EST)

> Does anyone know of a way I can counteract this behavior

Try adding the following in your .fvwm2rc file:

DestroyFunc	"MyMaximize"
AddToFunc	"MyMaximize"
+ "I"	Maximize	100 98
+ "I"	Move		  0  2

Then, instead of using "Maximize 100 98" elsewhere in your .fvwm2rc, you
can just use "MyMaximize" and you should get the desired behavior. 

-- 
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

     "Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes."