Subject: FVWM: iconbox

From: Jeff Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 17:30:51 -0600 (CST)

I am painfully certain that this boils down to a RTFM problem, but I have and I 
still can't get it to work so here it is...

I can't get the iconbox to work.  I can get the iconbox to come up, but when I m
inimize things, they don't go there.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  I
 would really appreciate any help.

You can see my current config at http://jbrown.fastrans.net/jbrown/desktop.html

Note that I do not have the iconbox configure to come up by itself in that confi
g (because I can't get it to work properly ;)

Thanks!

Jeff
----------------------------------
E-Mail: Jeff Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: 12-Dec-97
Time: 17:30:51

http://jbrown.fastrans.net

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Erwin J. van Eijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:47:59 +0100

>I can't get the iconbox to work.  I can get the iconbox to come up,
>but when I m inimize things, they don't go there.  I can't figure out
>what the problem is.  I would really appreciate any help.
>
>You can see my current config at
>http://jbrown.fastrans.net/jbrown/desktop.html

You have to use 

Style "*" NoIcon

And 

*FvwmIconBox "XTerm"            NeXTterm.xpm
*FvwmIconBox "Emacs"		gnu.xpm
 [ and so on ]

If you do it like this it works. I know FvwmIconBox is supposed to
extract the Icon files from the Style commands as well, but for some
insane reason that doesn't work. If I have some time left during the
holidays, I'll take a peek at the code...

So long
EJ

--
+--------------------+
| Erwin J.  van Eijk | 
| [email-masked]       | Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
+--------------------+