Subject: FVWM: Solaris binaries?

From: Merlin Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:49:58 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

Please forgive me for the whimpy question, but I have not had any success
in finding an answer.

We have just started using you first Sun that is running (I believe)
Solaris 2.  All our other Sun's are SunOS 4.xxx.  Currently the compiling
environment on the Solaris machine leaves alot to be desired (virtually
non-existant for now).

Therefore I am trying to locate fvwm binaries for this machine rather then
attempting to compile the source.  The rest of our machines are running
1.24r (I know, I know) so that is the perfered version.  BUT, then again
this could be the excuse I have been looking for to push everyone to 2.x :)

If you know where I can get the binaries, or what more information I need
to get them... I would appreciate your response.

Thanks.
Merlin.

-- 
| Develcon Electronics    | E-mail   : [email-masked]        |
| 856-51 St. E, Saskatoon,| Web Site : http://www.develcon.com           |
| Saskatchewan, Canada.   | DISCLAIMER : These are my opinions & views,  |
| S7K 5C7                 | NOT necessarily those of my employers.       |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Yehuda Bamnolker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:57:57 -0800 (PST)

Merlin,

Did you try to use the SunOS binaries on the Solaris machine?

Should work. Did for me. I used the old binaries months on a Solaris
box before I found time to compile it on Solaris. I must say thought that
I had no problem compiling the software both on SunOS and on Solaris.

Good luck,
Yehuda.

>From: Merlin Hansen <[email-masked]>
>Subject: FVWM: Solaris binaries?
>To: [email-masked]
>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:49:58 -0600 (CST)
>
>Hi,
>

---

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:48:03 GMT

try url ftp.sunsite.unc.edu

--
jason