Subject: FVWM: FVWM & gnu-autoconfig

From: Brian Snyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:29:03 -0500

Hello.  I remember reading that FVWM might be ported for use w/ gnu
autoconfig.  I have successfully compiled many apps with this utility, and I
have been unable to get IMAKE to work with fvwm.  So my question is this, 'is
it being ported to autoconfig, and if so, is there an ETA on it's release?'
If it's in the near future, I'll just wait, if not, I'll have to start
tinkering w/ IMAKE....

Thanx in advance,
 Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Snyder	  |Always proofread carefully to see if you any word out
(301)548-1969(w)  |All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand  
(301)515-1662(h)  |Early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese
[email-masked]	  |I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Dec 1997 01:17:18 -0600

>>>>> "BS" == Brian Snyder <[email-masked]> writes:

BS> So my question is this, 'is it being ported to autoconfig, and if so,
BS> is there an ETA on it's release?'

The patches are there and they work.  This has been discussed recently on
fvwm-workers, and a link to the patches is on the FVWM web page.

 - J<

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 07:55:34 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Brian Snyder wrote:

> autoconfig.  I have successfully compiled many apps with this utility,
> and I have been unable to get IMAKE to work with fvwm.  So my question
> is this, 'is it being ported to autoconfig, and if so, is there an ETA
> on it's release?'

Yes, I'm working on autoconf for fvwm.  There are patches, as previously
posted, but they should be considered ALPHA quality.  I'm working on them
right now, so they will be volatile for the next day or so.  After that,
I'm on holiday for a bit.

If you want to download them and test, I'd greatly appreciate all bug
reports as well as success stories.  But, please hold off until after
Christmas day before downloading the patches.

I hope to finish the work in early January.