Subject: FVWM: Fvwm CDE where ?

From: Rasmus Tamstorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 15:33:09 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I found and installed the CDE look-a-like of Fvwm, called FvwmCDE, back
in April, and did actually like it. However, now that I am looking for
updates it seems to have vaporized :-( (the servers that used to host it
apparently does not exist anymore, and searchengines like Lycos doesn't
seem to be of much help).

Does anyone know if and where I can find it ?

Thanks
Rasmus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rasmus Tamstorf                                 "It's nice
Dept. of Mathematical Modelling                  to be important, 
Technical University of Denmark                  but it's more important
E-mail : [email-masked]                           to be nice !"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jeff Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 09:47:46 -0600 (CST)

You can find a panel program at http://www.d.umn.edu/~mbaron/panel/

I have been using it for a while and I like it.

Take a look at my desktop at http://jbrown.fastrans.net/jbrown/desktop.html

>Does anyone know if and where I can find it ?

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Jeff Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: 13-Dec-97
Time: 09:47:49

http://jbrown.fastrans.net

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Guido Notari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 11:07:56 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 1997 at 03:33:09PM +0100, Rasmus Tamstorf wrote:

> I found and installed the CDE look-a-like of Fvwm, called FvwmCDE,
> back in April, and did actually like it. However, now that I am
> looking for updates it seems to have vaporized :-( (the servers that
> used to host it apparently does not exist anymore, and searchengines
> like Lycos doesn't seem to be of much help).

The latest (and probably last) version of FvwmCDE, v.1.5, can be found
at

http://www.dilnet.upd.edu.ph/~orly/unixcentral/FvwmCDE.html

I think no further development from the original author can be expected.

The module is highly usable in its present status, though.

				Ciao
					Guido

-- 
    |\      _,,,---,,_     Guido Notari (EC Joint Research Centre, Ispra site)
zz  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  postal:  TP 210,  JRC,  21020 Ispra (VA),  Italia
   |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-' tel: +39 332 785528    fax: +39 332 785813
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)    
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].