Subject: FVWM: Problem

From: amasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:56:32 +0100

I configured and ran Xwindow with FVWM. When using some programs, there
are errors telling me that I don't have my fonts configured???...When
using, for example arena, it opens, but imediately disapears. What is
the cause of this problem?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:22:30 -0500

> the cause of this problem?

I  don't think   your  problem is  caused  by  fvwm.  Fvwm  doesn't do
anything to interfere with your ability to use fonts.

You can look at  the directories that  your X server  is using  to get
fonts from by issuing the command "xset -q".

Part of the output will look like this:

  Font Path:
    /opt/public/pkg/x32/fonts,/u/dane/fonts/fonts,
  /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Xt+/

If you need to add fonts to your fontpath, use "xset +fp".

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].