Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.46 and Unixware problems

From: balson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:36:48 -0500

I'm having a problem compiling fvwm 2.0.46 on Unixware 2.1.2 using
"cc".  gcc seems to gat past the problem, but later runs into other
problem with /usr/include/sys/byteorder_f.h. So I've decided to take my
chances with cc.

    Here's the problem:

        cc -O -Xa -I/u3/local/include  -I. -I../../libs
-I///usr/X/include -I///usr/X/include/X11 -I/usr/include
-I//usr/X/include -I. -DSVR4 -DSYSV386 -DI18N   -DFUNCPROTO=15
-DNARROWPROTO -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS
-DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE
-DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM  -c
readconfig.c
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: invalid token: .buttonState
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: operands have incompatible
types: op "+"
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: cannot dereference
non-pointer type
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: assignment type mismatch
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: invalid token: .buttonState
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: operands have incompatible
types: op "+"
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: cannot dereference
non-pointer type
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1146: assignment type mismatch
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1153: invalid token:
.foreColorName
UX:acomp: ERROR: "readconfig.c", line 1153: operands have incompatible
types: op "+"

[SNIP...]

The problem is with the   SET_MANAGER (manager, buttonState[context],
state); macro.

#define SET_MANAGER(manager,field,value)                           \
   do {                                                            \
     int id = manager;                                             \
     if (id == -1) {                                               \
       for (id = 0; id < globals.num_managers; id++) {             \
         globals.managers[id].##field = value;                     \
       }                                                           \
     }                                                             \
     else if (id < globals.num_managers) {                         \
       globals.managers[id].##field = value;                       \
     }                                                             \
     else {                                                        \
       ConsoleMessage ("Internal error in SET_MANAGER: %d\n", id); \
     }                                                             \
   } while (0)

    Any help is apprecieated...

    please reply directly as I'm not on the fvwm mailing list.

Thanks,
Jim

  --

Jim
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].