Subject: FVWM: MenuStyle

From: Gerhard Kuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:15:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi, 

I recently installed and began using fvwm2. One feature that I don't like 
is being bound to one back and one fore color for all menus. Is the 
capability to specify a different back and fore color for each menu on 
the drawing boards? How difficult would it be to implement? 

Thanks, 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%  Gerhard Kuhn               E-mail:  [email-masked]        %%
%%  U.S. Geological Survey      Phone:  303-236-4882 ext 293  %%
%%  Box 25046, MS 415             Fax:  303-236-4912          %%
%%  Denver Federal Center                                     %%
%%  Denver, CO 80225                                          %%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:41:03 -0500

> the drawing boards? How difficult would it be to implement? 

I think it would be pretty easy.  Add color control to the "addtomenu"
command, and use those colors during display.

I  would caution you  that the menu code is  supposed to be completely
replaced in 2.0.47 so  this wouldn't be  the best time to contribute a
patch to the menu code.

No, I don't have a date for 2.0.47.  (Other than soon.)

If you want, with the current code, you can  issue a Menustyle command
with a new color each time you popup a menu.  This  won't let you have
unique colors for sub-menus, so this may not be what you want.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].