Subject: FVWM: cpp preprocessing

From: Viorel ANGHEL <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:28:48 -0500

(fvwm)cpp report some errors on lines which contains the ' character
by example 

AddToMenu "Quit-Verify" "What ?" Title
+ " No, don't quit "   Nop 

also on comments line
# bla bla

What can i do to avoid this?

-- 

Viorel ANGHEL <[email-masked]>                "World domination. Fast!"
http://www.pub.ro/~vang/                          (Linus Torvalds)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Fall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:46:17 -0500 (EST)

> What can i do to avoid this?

Sorry to give you this kind of answer, but I suggest you use M4 instead of
Cpp.  I had problems similar to yours, which I was always able to solve
fairly quickly after I switched from Cpp to M4.  The info docs on M4 are
very helpful I found.

G.F.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Greg Fall
[email-masked]
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gmfall