Subject: FVWM: XFree86 Server XF86_SVGA

From: [email-masked] (Fabrice Eudes)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:02:08 +0100

Hi lads,
It has been a long time since a last bother you with a nasty question but
I keep watching what's going on here ;)

So, I'd like to be able to use my fvwm2.0.46 in 65K colors. I KNOW that
it depends only on the X Server, but if you can answer me please do so,
thanks...

I use XFree86 3.1.2 and would like to upgrade to XFree86 3.3.1 where the
XF86_SVGA server supports my Trident 9400CXi in 65K colors; however, one
needs enough disk space to compile XFree and I both
-don't have it (my disk is only 350M)
-can't afford buying a new one soon
So, Could I compile it on another machine for mine ? Is this what people
call "to cross-compile" ? My box is a i486 DX2-66 and the other one on
which I could compile is a Sun Ultra 2 running Solaris/CDE.

Thanks again if you can advice me in some way, Fabrice.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].