Subject: FVWM: stuck on click-to-raise with fvwm2

From: Petr Krysl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:04:50 -0800

Help!

I'm stuck on the following:  I'd like fvwm2 to use sloppy focus, and
to raise a window on which I click (w/o modifiers).  I got this to
work with Mouse 1 click with meta depressed, but I'd rather like to
have it work without the meta.

Thanks for any hints.

Petr

-- 
Petr  K r y s l, 
Staff scientist, Aeronautics Dept., Mail Stop 301-46,
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Office:(818)395-3708, Fax:(818)449-2677, Email:[email-masked]
Web:www.solids.caltech.edu/local/computations/pkrysl             
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:58:36 -0500 (EST)

>  have it work without the meta.

        Try adding GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises to your fvwm2rc -
assuming you're running 2.0.45 or later.

        Note that there is one known, somewhat subtle, bug in this feature,
reported by Andrew Veliath to the mailing list a couple of months ago. I
don't know whether anyone's had a go at fixing it yet. If you use
MouseFocusClickRaises, *and* you don't use the DecorateTransients style,
you find that transients become unmovable by dragging - what it is, actually,
is that they don't respond to any mouse action bound to the window frame.

        If you decorate your transients -- and with the holiday season almost
upon us, I don't see why you wouldn't -- there's no problem.

        - Bob

---

From: Petr Krysl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:24:14 -0800

Bob,

Thanks for your response.

>>>>> "Bob" == Bob Woodside <[email-masked]> writes:
    Bob>         Try adding GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises to your
    Bob> fvwm2rc - assuming you're running 2.0.45 or later.

What I really want is focus-follows-mouse, no raising on focus, but
raising on click (no modifiers).  I've tried what you suggested, i.e.,

GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises
Style "*" FocusFollowsMouse

but the windows did not get raised as commanded.

Any ideas?  I appreciate your help.

Petr

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:58:21 -0500 (EST)

On 20-Nov-97 Petr Krysl wrote:
> I've tried what you suggested, i.e.,
> Any ideas?  

        I have no idea...it worked for me. Has anyone else got any 
experience with this option? Some other option that gets in the way,
maybe?

        - Bob