Subject: FVWM: window popup inside screen ?

From: Quoc Duong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:06:14 -0500

Hi all,

Is there anyway to configure fvwm-2.46 so that a new created window
will popup ENTIRELY inside the current screen ?

Thanks,

Quoc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:32:45 +0000

> will popup ENTIRELY inside the current screen ? 

But it already does this, doesn't it?  

You need to give more context: is the problem that your X server gives you a 
virtual screen?  Do you have an application which says it's one size, and then 
shortly afterwards changes size (Tcl/Tk applications can do this, if they're 
not careful)?  What else might be giving the geometry of this window---is the 
application that creates them saying where they ought to go, for example?