Subject: Majordomo results: Fvwm2 and Remote logins ....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:06:12 -0600 (CST)

--
 I just installed fvwm-2.0.46 on a SunOs 4.1.3 OS and I'm trying to do a remote
login (rlogin) in to other machines on the same network. I have the following
command lines in my .fvwm2rc file;

>AddToMenu Remote-Logins "bradford" Exec rlogin -l aa bradford &
>"shanghai" Exec rsh shanghai rxvt -display $HOSTDISPLAY &
>+"wakefield" Exec rsh wakefield rxvt -display $HOSTDISPLAY &

Where bradford, shanghai and wakefield are the names of the machines i intend to 
log on to. The whole thing doesn't work. I'm aware I have to set the environment
variables rightly, but how do I do that? Our system doesn't recognise rxvt.

How can I adjust my .fvwm2rc file so that such a remote login in becomes possible?
What troubles me is the fact that even if I do a remote login  to another
maschine "manually", I am not able to use the X11-resources on that remote maschine.
This seems to be a problem peculiar to fvwm. With other window managers on our
system, I can rlogin into another maschine, change the display variables and I'll
be able to use X11 programs on the remote maschine. Is this also possible with
fvwm2, if so how?

I will highly appreciate any contributions which might lead to the solution of
this problem.

Cheers,
Ashu
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].