Subject: FVWM: CDE restart on twin screens

From: Pete Gaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 15:05:56 +0000

I've got 2.0.45 running on Ultrasparc2 with 2 screens.   I use CDE to
fire up but with fvwm2 as the window manager.   I do this by having a
.xinitrc which starts fvwm and I choose Openwin rather than CDE ( dtwm )
on the login window.

This works well on a single screen machine and allows me to toggle
between dtwm (yuch) and fvwm at login.   However,  I have found that
with a two screen system, a "restart" of fvwm on display0 will lock up
UNLESS I have performed at least one restart on display1.  As long as I
have done a restart on display1 it all behaves well.  It is as though
the system is not properly aware of the second screen until I have done
a restart on it.

Appart from this, the two screen system behaves well.

Anyone any ideas on what's going wrong?

Pete
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].