Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 and solaris 2.6

From: Francis Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 19:11:50 +1100 (EST)

Has anyone got fvwm2 (patch 46) running happily under solaris 2.6? I've
got a problem with my (/usr/openwin/bin) xterms.  They won't
/usr/openwin/bin/resize.  For example, in an xterm,

fxl fish ~ >resize
resize:  can't open terminal /dev/tty

And not being able to open the tty, also means I can't start screen (from my
xterm, so I'm using yucky ol' cmdtool).

I've tried other window managers (like olwm and CDE) and they're fine. (btw
I'm running without dtlogin).
I've also tried alternate xterms (the one from patch 105464-01) and there
is no difference.  I've rebuilt gcc for 2.6 (and it's okay).
The permissions on /dev/tty are the same using either window manager, so I
_think_ the problem is in fvwm2.  Where can I start looking for it?  If I
can't get this fixed, I won't be able to offer fvwm2 to my users :(

help!

Francis
--
[email-masked]                                 Talk: +61 2 9514 2091
Systems Programmer                                     Fax : +61 2 9514 1999
University of Technology, Sydney      -      Information Technology Division

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].