Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmButtons Swallow with Title on Side

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:15:32 GMT

> I'm trying to get FvwmButtons to handle xbiff running on four
> machines.  I have made small shaped icons and would like it to appear
> like this:
> 
>     [X] Machine1
>     [X] Machine2
>     [X] Machine3
>     [X] Machine4

If the mailboxes could be NFS-mounted on one machine you could use xbuffy to 
monitor all four.  It lets you specify the label and the command to read the 
email in a .xbuffyrc file.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:51:20 GMT

>>>>> "Tim" == Tim Phipps <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> machines.  I have made small shaped icons and would like it to appear

    Tim> If the mailboxes could be NFS-mounted on one machine you
    Tim> could use xbuffy to monitor all four.  It lets you specify
    Tim> the label and the command to read the email in a .xbuffyrc
    Tim> file.

I did try xbuffy but /var tends to be local to a machine, not exported
in the machines I'm trying to monitor.  Does anyone know of a mail
indicator that can execute programs rather than monitor files to look
after multiple mailboxes?
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].