Subject: FVWM: ANNOUNCE: Scwm-0.5 Released

From: Greg Badros <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1997 13:26:50 -0800

This might be of interest to fvwm{2,95} users.  If you particularly like
the flexibility of fvwm, but want a more powerful configuration
language, scwm may be for you.  It obviates the need for hard to read
and difficult to improve configurations which aggressively exploit M4
(like my The Next Level setup).

Greg J. Badros
[email-masked]
Seattle, WA  USA
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb

Scwm 0.5 is released.

* What scwm is:

Scwm is the Scheme Configurable Window Manager. This is a highly
dynamic and extensible window manager (based originally on fvwm2, but
now much enhanced) with Guile Scheme as the configuration/extension
language. Nearly all decorations can be changed at run-time or
per-window, and eventually many decoration styles and additional
features will be supported through dynamically loaded code.

* Primary Authors:

Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]> and Greg J. Badros <[email-masked]>,

* Where you can find more info:

Some information about scwm is available at:

http://web.mit.edu/mstachow/www/scwm.html

There are also scwm-discuss and scwm-announce mailing lists for
disscussion and release announcements repsectively. Send mail to
Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]> to be added to either or both
lists.

* Where you can get it:

You can download the latest scwm package from:

http://web.mit.edu/mstachow/www/scwm-0.5.tar.gz

You will also need to download and install the guile library. You can
get the latest release from:

ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/guile-1.2.tar.gz

or any archive that has GNU source packages available.

You can get the latest guile snapshot (required for --interactive
mode) from:

ftp://red-bean.com/pub/guile

The snapshots are officially alpha but they generally work pretty
well.

* New with this release:

Many bug fixes to the build process and the program itself.

Integrated the icon distribution.

The documentation has been updaed to roughly reflect current reality.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].