Subject: FVWM: stuck on click-to-raise with fvwm2

From: Petr Krysl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:16:24 -0800

A correction: (See how confused I am!)

I wrote: 
I'm stuck on the following:  I'd like fvwm2 to use sloppy focus, and
to raise a window on which I click (w/o modifiers).  I got this to
work with Mouse 1 click with meta depressed, but I'd rather like to
have it work without the meta.

What I meant to say was: 
I'd like fvwm2 to use focus-follows-mouse (do not raise focused
windows), and to raise a window on which I click (w/o modifiers).

Thanks for any hints.

Petr

-- 
Petr  K r y s l, 
Staff scientist, Aeronautics Dept., Mail Stop 301-46,
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Office:(818)395-3708, Fax:(818)449-2677, Email:[email-masked]
Web:www.solids.caltech.edu/local/computations/pkrysl             
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Brad Clarke)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:32 GMT

Hi 

Stupid question time:  What is the meta key?   I know what it is on my
Sun terminal at work, but what is it on a PC keyboard?

Thanks...Brad
-- 
Brad Clarke - http://www.monisys.ca/~bclarke 

HTML Writers Guild Member
PGP Key Fingerprint: 79 10 70 C1 C9 27 9A FF  95 9D 5A 88 88 9E 4D 1D
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:58:50 -0500 (EST)

> Sun terminal at work, but what is it on a PC keyboard?

        It's usually mapped to the ALT key.

        - Bob

---

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:06:55 +0100 (MET)

> Sun terminal at work, but what is it on a PC keyboard?

Alt.

CIAO di Al Grandi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is real, unless declared integer.

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 02:59:20 +0000

> windows), and to raise a window on which I click (w/o modifiers).

This is what I do, but it's not exactly what you want. But it's close:

Style "*"    SloppyFocus

Mouse 1    T    A    MoveFunc

AddToFunc MoveFunc    "M"    Move
+                                         "C"    RaiseLower

These lines will make it do SloppyFocus, but you can control raising/lowering
windows by clicking the titlebar.
This way you can move windows around without raising them, also, which is
nice sometimes. I also have it RaiseLower when you click on a border. I think
it works out pretty well. Hope it does the same for you, later-

-Joe
mv typos /dev/null