Subject: FVWM: Key mapping

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:32:47 +0100 (MET)

Hi there.

In the fvwmrc file I took over from the local fvwm guru, it reads:

Key Left  A SCM CursorMove -1 0
Key Right A SCM CursorMove +1 +0
Key Up    A SCM CursorMove +0   -1
Key Down  A SCM CursorMove +0   +1

Really nice.
So I can move the cursor around without using a mouse.
But now, how can I map a mouse-click to a keystroke ?
(so, something like "Key Enter A SCM LeftMouseClick")

Thanks.

CIAO di Al Grandi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is real, unless declared integer.

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Viorel ANGHEL <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:41:46 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 26 MAR 1996 15:51:19 GMT 
From: Erik Fortune <[email-masked]>
Newgroups: comp.os.linux.x
Subject: Re: FVWM: How to mouse click from keyboard? 

If you have the X Keyboard (XKB) Extension, you can enable mouse keys,
which makes it possible to generate mouse motion and button events using
the keyboard.   Events generated by MouseKeys are completely transparent --
they will work with any application that connects to a server that has
the X Keyboard Extension, regardless of whether the application itself
uses XKB.

XKB is enabled by default in X11R6.1.   XFree86 3.1.2D is based on R6.1
and has the X Keyboard Extension.   If you are using an earlier release
of X or XFree86, you won't have XKB and the following instructions will
not work:

You might also have to turn off server num lock for this to work.  I 
haven't tried and don't know for certain.

First, set up the Num Lock key so that Shift+Num_Lock toggles mouse keys:

xmodmap -e "keysym Num_lock = Num_Lock Pointer_EnableKeys"

Now press "Shift+Num_Lock" to enable MouseKeys.  When MouseKeys are on:
o)   The keypad arrow keys move the pointer
o)   The keypad '5' key behaves like the 'default' pointer button
o)   The keypad '0' key locks the default pointer button (for easy dragging)
o)   The keypad '.' key unlock the default pointer button (to release a drag)
o)   The keypad '+' key double-clicks the default pointer button.
o)   The keypad '/' key sets the 'default' button to Button1
o)   The keypad '*' key sets the default button to Button2
o)   The keypad '-' key sets the default button to Button3

This is the default configuration.  If, for some reason, this doesn't
meet your needs, drop me a message.    This stuff is nearly infinitely
configurable if you're patient (this _is_ the X Window System after 
all:-).

-- Erik

+-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Erik Fortune                        | Sir Francis Drake circumsized the    |
| Silicon Graphics Globalization R&D  |  world with a 100-foot clipper.      |
| +1-415-933-1922       [email-masked]  |                   -- Student Blooper |
+-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
           All opinions are my own, so leave my employer out of this

-- 

Viorel ANGHEL <[email-masked]>                "World domination. Fast!"
http://www.pub.ro/~vang/                          (Linus Torvalds)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jeppe Buk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:15:26 +0100 (MET)

> configurable if you're patient (this _is_ the X Window System after 

Could you point me to some documentation about this? I have it working on
my system, but would like to read about the configurability..

Kind regards
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeppe Buk, student of computer science           Phone:   +45 6557 2347
IMADA, Odense University                         Email: [email-masked]
Campusvej 55                          WWW: http://www.imada.ou.dk/~buk/
DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark       SMS (subject only): [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sami Laine <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Nov 1997 16:45:11 +0200

> configurable if you're patient (this _is_ the X Window System after 

This works quite nicely, but movement of mouse pointer is unbelievable
slow. Maybe movement speed is configurable?

-- 
Sami Laine
		To reply via mail, remove 'no.spam.' from my address.