Subject: FVWM: Multi-head/screen display

From: Paul Robert Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:24:02 -0600

I am attempting to run fvwm on a multi-graphic head SGI Challenge
machine.  Unfortunately, fvwm when it starts up does not appear to
recognize the multiple displays....

Do you have any ideas?

I have attempted to login to one head without starting fvwm.  Then I
login to the first head (display:0.0) and start fvwm.  Unfortunately,
fvwm does not grab the first head.

There does not appear to be a way to add a head on-the-fly either.
Login into one head and then later restart and add in another
display/graphic head.

In actuality, this may be a different situation than previously
encountered since both screens have login screens and may be used
independently as opposed to a system, with only one mouse and keyboard
and two physical screens.

Why do I like FVWM?  Cause I can tell it EXACTLY how I want to work
AND I can change over time as opposed to other systems having it the
other way around!

--
Paul Robert Hayes

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].