Subject: FVWM: Recapture after startup necessary

From: Till Bubeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 11:13:17 +0100

I'm using fvwm-2.0.46 on a linux 2.0 system. Everything works fine except the 
startup of fvwm. I'll set some default styles in my ~/.fvwm2rc which are used 
by all the windows.

However, when I first start fvwm then some windows do not get the default 
style (no, I don't have a special style entry for them). When I do a manual 
"Recpature Screen" (using the menu), then these "broken" windows get the 
correct style. It seems, that this happens to all windows, which open *before* 
fvwm initializes. The windows which open *after* fvwm has started get all 
their correct styles. But I'm not sure about this.

Has anyone a explanation?

Thanks,
     Till
                ,,,
               (o o)
-----------oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------------------
|  Tilmann Bubeck            |   _||__                            |
|  Universitaet Tuebingen    |  /   . | <- Berlin                 |
|  Technische Informatik     |  |    _/                           |
|  Sand 13, 72076 Tuebingen  |  |_   \                            |
|  Germany                   |   /*__/ <- University of T"ubingen |
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Tel: +49 7071 2975865    Fax: +49 7071 610399                  |
|  Email: [email-masked]              |
|  WWW/Mosaic: http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~bubeck  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].