Subject: Re: FVWM: goodstuf buttonbar and IconMan

From: David Wren-Hardin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:34:56 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Larry Gensch wrote:

> 
>     *FvwmIconMan*action     		Mouse   1 N sendcommand Focus, \
> 	    sendcommand "Iconify -1"
>     *FvwmIconMan*action     		Mouse   2 N sendcommand "Iconify 1"
>     *FvwmIconMan*action     		Mouse   3 N sendcommand "Iconify"

I would also like something like this,where I swallow IconMan and use
it for a task bar. I can get FvwmButtons to swallow it, but the only
thing my clicks to is iconify stuff. Here are my FvwmIconMan setup
scripts and the swallow command:

 *FvwmIconMan*nummanagers            1
    *FvwmIconMan*background             Black
    *FvwmIconMan*foreground             Green
    *FvwmIconMan*drawicons              true
    *FvwmIconMan*format                 "%t"
    *FvwmIconMan*buttongeometry         1024x18
    *FvwmIconMan*managergeometry        1x1
    *FvwmIconMan*drawicons              true
    *FvwmIconMan*resolution             global
    *FvwmIconMan*followfocus            true
    *FvwmIconMan*focusbutton            down black Green
    *FvwmIconMan*focusandselectbutton   down black Green
    *FvwmIconMan*selectbutton           up black Green
    *FvwmIconMan*dontshow               class=FvwmButtons resource=FvwmPager
    *FvwmIconMan*action                 Mouse 	1 N sendcommand Focus, \ 
			sendcommand "Iconify -1"
    *FvwmIconMan*action                 Mouse 	2 N sendcommand "Iconify"

This looks superfically like the quoted stuff above, but it doesn't work for
me.

> 
>     (One line is split for display purposes, don't split it in your
>     .fvwm2rc).

Same here.

*FvwmButtons(2x3, Padding 0 0, Swallow "FvwmIconMan" "FvwmIconMan")

In the console I get:
 
FvwmIconMan: Bad action: sendcommand Focus, sendcommand "Iconify -1"
FvwmIconMan: Offending line: *FvwmIconMan*action                 Mouse 	1 N sendcommand Focus, sendcommand "
FvwmIconMan: Bad action
FvwmIconMan: Bad button: Iconify
FvwmIconMan: sendcommand: too few arguments
FvwmIconMan: Bad action: sendcommand Iconify
FvwmIconMan: Offending line: *FvwmIconMan*action                 Mouse 	2 N sendcommand Iconify
FvwmIconMan: Bad action

Any ideas what could be going wrong? Fvwm2.0.45 on an UltraSparc running
Solaris 2.5.1.

David Wren-Hardin 		| People are more violently opposed to fur
[email-masked]	| than leather because it's safer to harass
http://weber.u.washington.edu	| rich women than motorcycle gangs.
      /~dwrenhar/              	| 				  -Unknown                                

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Nov 1997 09:38:50 -0700

> Any ideas what could be going wrong? Fvwm2.0.45 on an UltraSparc running

This looks like a version mismatch for FvwmIconMan. You're using the new
syntax for actions, and those error messages sound like you're trying to give
them to an older version of FvwmIconMan. 

I tried out your lines on my copy, and it works fine. You might change that
action for mouse button 1 to send the iconify -1 first and then the focus
though if your intent is to have the uniconified window receive the focus.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]

---

From: David Wren-Hardin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:55:11 -0800 (PST)

> them to an older version of FvwmIconMan. 

Hmm, odd, I don't think this is it, since the only copy of fvwm, either
1 or 2, on this system is the one I installed, so there shouldn't be old
copies lying around. But I'm about to do a reinstall with fvwm-2.0.46, so
we'll see if that helps.

Is there anyway to check the version of a module?

David Wren-Hardin 		| There are no such things as stupid questions,
[email-masked]	| only stupid people who ask questions.
http://weber.u.washington.edu	|                                 -Chris Berman 
      /~dwrenhar/              	|

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Nov 1997 14:21:52 -0700

> Is there anyway to check the version of a module?

Just run FvwmIconMan and it will print out an error message like:

*FvwmIconMan Version 1.0 should only be executed by fvwm!