Subject: FVWM: Help! i got Big Buttons and Window on my Screen!!!!!!

From: arvin dacumos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 19:21:33 +0800

sir/ma'am,

         good day!

    Why is it when i run my X window i got BIG buttons and windows!
is it in my XFree86 configuration or do i need to configure something in
my FVWM???? please help me on my problem.....

thanks

arvin

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Nov 1997 22:08:07 +1100

> my FVWM???? please help me on my problem.....

Huh???  You need to give us a bit more detail than that.

Could it be that your X-server is mis-configured and falls back to
320x200 mode?

You can capture the messages from your startx command in a file.  
If your shell is bash, try: 

startx > start.log 2>&1

Then read what's in ``start.log'', maybe that will give you a more
accurate idea of what's going on.  If it turns out that your X server
config is the problem, you will want to read the relevant READMEs and
FAQs.  For X server problems you would also best post questions in
``comp.os.linux.x'' or ``comp.windows.x''.  

Fvwm is only a window manager, it does not set your screen size.

Good luck
-- 
Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>
-----------------------------------------------------------
No marsupial based products were used in this transmission.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].