Subject: FVWM: PerlMenu: announce

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:06:15 -0800

I've spent some time working on a project I've decided to call
PerlMenu. Basically, it allows you to browse your filesystem through
dynamically built fvwm menus. I wrote in perl5 but didn't use the
fvwmperl module do modularize PerlMenu. So you won't actually need it
if you haven't gotten it yet.

Right now, PerlMenu doesn't really do much for you except properly
display the contents of directories. I've got aspirations to give it
more hooks to call some form of GUI (Tk or FvwmForm, I think) to get
information like target directories and the like, but it's pretty much
useless right now. However, if anyone's interested in seeing the
rather odd sight of their entire directory structure laid out in fvwm
menus, feel free to check out my work to date. I've cobbled together a
page about it at http://www.best.com/~mikehan/menu.html.

If you're interested, drop me a line. The information you need for
install is on my site.
_____
Michael Han ([email-masked])                     voice: (415) 502-7542
Interactive Learning Center Consultant                        (415) 476-4309
San Francisco, California 94143-0840                     fax: (415) 476-4653
"Decaf?!? Is someone trying to kill us?" The Kids in the Hall

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].