Subject: FVWM: Off topic : color-ls

From: [email-masked] (A.J.vanWerven)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:03:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi there.

I'm sorry this question isn't about FVWM, but I didn't know where else to post it.

I'd like ls to display certain files in a certain color.
When I try to arranged this on the system over here, I always end up with the same, ugly
color combinations.

Does anybody know where I can get my own color-ls thing and how I to set it up ?

Thanks in advance.

CIAO di Al Grandi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is real, unless declared integer.

A. van Werven
Dept. of Computer Science, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 54212683
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~avwerven

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Peter Vertes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:47:12 -0500

> Does anybody know where I can get my own color-ls thing and how I to set it up ?

Hello there !

	To set up a color ls output you have to type 'ls --color' or just make
an alias for it.  There are way to have different files have different
colors but I think that its up to which version of ls you are using.  I
can dig up the mini-how-to and tell you how to do it.  I just boils down
to writting a .color file and sticking the file extension and desired
color for it there.  Let me know and I'll send you the goods =:)

-Pete

---
Peter Vertes                    | "It's 4:30am...do you know where your
UMass Computer AI / Visions Lab |  stack pointer is ? " - Confessions of
(413) 545-0528                  |  an assembly programmer
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].