Subject: FVWM: question about starts on page

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:34:35 -0500 (EST)

Well I've installed the start on page patch, and using it like starts on
desk works fine 

but getting it to start on page doesn't

here is what I'm doing as an example

DeskTopSize 3x3
Style "*"	NoIcon 
Style "*"	Color Black/#42185a
Style "*"	BorderWidth 4, HandleWidth 4, SloppyFocus, SkipMapping
Style "*"	SmartPlacement, NakedTransient, RandomPlacement, UsePPosition
Style "*"	MWMBorder,MWMButtons,MWMFunctions,MWMDecor,HintOverride
Style "*"	StartsOnPageModifiesUSPosition 
Style "Netscape"	StartsOnPage 1 1 1

then at command line just type netscape &

If I'm under standing right this should start netscape on the second desk
one page down one page right.  But what I get is first desk current page.
If I change to StartsOnPage 1 it starts on the second desk as supposed to.

Could someone tell me what I've done wrong I can't seem to figure it out.

Brad

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Wren-Hardin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:33:01 -0800 (PST)

> Style "Netscape"	StartsOnPage 1 1 1

Ooo! Ooo! I know! 

I've just gotten done installing the StartsOnPage patch too, a great
piece of work, and Bob should be thanked. I had a few problems and
he was a great help working them out.

Anyway, the problem is that StartsOnPageModifiesUSPosition isn't a Style,
it's a GlobalOpt. The line should read:
GlobalOpts StartsOnPageModifiesUSPosition

Also, you might need to have "Style "*" NoPPosition" defined.

David Wren-Hardin 		| There are no such things as stupid questions,
[email-masked]	| only stupid people who ask questions.
http://weber.u.washington.edu	|                                 -Chris Berman 
      /~dwrenhar/              	|