Subject: FVWM: Problem with fvwm2.0.26

From: "David M. Ronis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:44:55 -0500

I'm using 2.0.46 under linux 2.0.31 with XR6.3.  Things work as
expected, but I've come across the following problem:  I sometimes use
the IRC client BitchX (sorry but I'm not responsible for the name). It
comes with an icon that takes up most of my default colormap.  This is
no problem for applications that use their own ones, but is a problem
for those that don't.  So far this is as expected and isn't an fvwm
issue.   The problem is that even after BitchX finishes, the WM default
color map is still messed up.  The only thing I can do is to restart
fvwm (from within X though).  Is there some way to refresh/reinitialize
the colormap?

Thanks in advance

David Ronis

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:09:49 -0500

> fvwm (from within X though).  Is there some way to refresh/reinitialize

Currently, fvwm2 never frees the colors used in icons.  I've done some
experimenting, and so far,  the technique to  free the colors used  by
the Xpm library eludes me.

However, I did write  a patch to fvwm2   a while back that  limits the
colors used  in icons.  This  patch is supposed  to appear in the next
version of fvwm2.  Let me know if you want it before then.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].