Subject: FVWM: BUG: window outlines gone at 16bpp

From: Michael Stutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:27:14 -0500 (EST)

The problem: Whenever I run X in any depth higher than the default 8pp (for
instance, "startx -- -bpp 16"), the window outlines that are normally drawn
when you move a window disappear. Is there a way to get them at these higher
depths?

System details: I'm running Debian Linux 1.3x, 2.0.30 kernel, XFree86 3.3,
S3 server (Diamond Stealth Video Vram 4mb card), FVWM2 2.0.45-BETA as
installed by Debian's dselect program.

If there's a fix for this, please cc: a response to me direct as I'm not on
this list. Thanks.

email [email-masked]  Copyright (c) 1997 Michael Stutz; this information is
<http://dsl.org/m/>  free and may be reproduced under GNU GPL, and as long
                     as this sentence remains; it comes with absolutely NO
		     WARRANTY; for details see <http://dsl.org/copyleft/>.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:56:12 -0500 (EST)

Upgrade to 2.0.46.  Or, change your XorValue; look for that keyword in
the man page, or search for it in the mailing list archives.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% [email-masked] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Michael Stutz wrote:

: The problem: Whenever I run X in any depth higher than the default 8pp (for
: instance, "startx -- -bpp 16"), the window outlines that are normally drawn
: when you move a window disappear. Is there a way to get them at these higher
: depths?
: 
: System details: I'm running Debian Linux 1.3x, 2.0.30 kernel, XFree86 3.3,
: S3 server (Diamond Stealth Video Vram 4mb card), FVWM2 2.0.45-BETA as
: installed by Debian's dselect program.

---

From: "James R. R. Tullett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 21:17:31 +0000

Mike Stutz wrote:-

> installed by Debian's dselect program.

I have a 2Mb S3 and Xfree3.2, with fvwm 2.0.46.  
Put the following into .fvwm2rc :-

# Need this to get window outlines with bpp > 8.
XorValue -1

This will cause reverse-video outlines to appear when you drag windows larger 
than
the OpaqueMove size defined in your .fvwm2rc.

Hope this helps,
------------------------------------------------------
James                                     +  Trite saying under development
<[email-masked]>   +
------------------------------------------------------