Subject: FVWM: Moving windows with contents

From: "Ville Pätsi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 19:58:09 +0200

Is it possible to make all windows to show their contents when you move
them?(not showing the "bars") Ezppp uses this, do i have to modify all
the progs source to make this happen? Or is the modification of fvwm
config/source all that is required?

-- 
Ville "Drc" Pätsi -- [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 08:32:35 GMT

>>>>> "Ville" == Ville Pdtsi <[email-masked]> writes:

    Ville> Is it possible to make all windows to show their contents
    Ville> when you move them?(not showing the "bars") Ezppp uses
    Ville> this, do i have to modify all the progs source to make this
    Ville> happen? Or is the modification of fvwm config/source all
    Ville> that is required?

Check out OpaqueMoveSize in the man page for fvwm2.  It defaults to
showing the window contents (moving opaquely) if the window is 5% of
the screen size.  Larger windows display a rubber band.

Note to maintainers.  The man page incorrectly refers to OpaqueMove
rather than OpaqueMoveSize in the paragraph describing OpaqueMoveSize.
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Oct 1997 19:41:43 +1100

> config/source all that is required?

Put this near the start of your ``~/.fvwm2rc'' file and change the
number to 100 if you have a fast graphics card and CPU.

## This style of window movement draws the entire window as it
## moves, instead of the "rubber-band" outlines.
## It has a number (N) attached to it (default 5).  If the window occupies 
## less than N% of the screen, OpaqueMove is used. 0 <= N <= 100 
OpaqueMoveSize 25

Regards
-- 
Manfred Bartz <[email-masked]>