Subject: FVWM: Re: Fvwm trouble

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:18:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Al Grandi wrote:

->Hi there.
->
->I am currently trying to configure fvwm2, but I've run into some
->problems, so I was wondering if you could help me out.
->
->1) Somehow, fvwm2 refuses to swallow the pager.
->   It just displays it somewhere on the screen, while I want it in the
->   buttonbar. Other apps (xload, osview, etc.) work just fine.
->2) I cannot use icons or binaries from my own account, unless they are
->   in my home-dir.
->   So, I can use ~/bla.xpm, but not ~/subdir/bla.xpm.
->   And ~/executable* works, but ~/subdir/executable* doesn't.
->3) Fvwm2 refuses to display the last two buttons I have defined.
->
->Thanks in advance.
->
->CIAO di Al Grandi.

It sounds to me as though you have some problems with the
configuration file .fvwmrc, but I can't really tell without seeing it.
I do know that FvwmButtons is very choosy about how it lays out
buttons so you have to be very careful when deciding on a
configuration. Sometimes it helps to specify a geometry for the Button
bar window and watch how FVWM tries to set up the buttons. 

Martin.

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|    "Sponges grow in the ocean ... I wonder how much deeper    |
|          the ocean would be if that didn't happen."           |
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].