Subject: FVWM: Command Line

From: Jonathan Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:19:38 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.  I am a member of a group that is attempting to create a
graphical interface for setting up fvwm, but we have hit the following
snag:  we are unable to restart fvwm from a prompt.  Any recommendations
would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jon Stewart

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 31 Oct 1997 13:37:40 -0500

Assuming I understand what you're looking for, the FvwmCommand module
in the extras directory should give you what you want.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 781-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Gerald John Lapeyre, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:02:20 -0700 (MST)

> snag:  we are unable to restart fvwm from a prompt.  Any recommendations

	Have you seen my FvwmConf ?
http://www.physics.arizona.edu/~lapeyre/fvwmconf
It is a 'graphical interface for setting up fvwm' .

	I see that there have been a few connects over the past month from
engin.umich.edu

	If you want to help develop it, I would welcome it.  I could help
explain or document it.  Since it is a first go at it, it may need a lot
of rewriting, I don't know.  If you want to go a different direction, you
may find some interesting pieces or ideas in it anyway (its GPL'd) . This
said,  I think FvwmConf works pretty well !
	
	As for restarting, I just send 'Restart' down the pipe .  FvwmConf
has a command line entry box.  Just now, I  typed Restart to make sure. 

	You have probably also seen the dotfile generator, which also has
an fvwm2 module. (link on my page)  It has some good ideas. ( I havent
looked at it for a while.) 

G John Lapeyre <[email-masked]>
Tucson,AZ     http://www.physics.arizona.edu/~lapeyre