Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmIconBox (FVWM-2.0.45)

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 10:50:29 -0400

Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:
"Erwin J. van Eijk" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi,
> 
> I was thinking the following; I'm using Emacs with a lot of different
> files and a lot of different frames. And I'd like it very much if the
> icon displayed reflected the name of the frame. For instance, if I'm
> editing a C-file, the frame is called foo.c. I have a FvwmIconBox
> binding for "*.c" and an icon, and I want that icon displayed.
> 
> However, this only works if the window is created with the name "*.c",
> and not if it changes afterwards. I think the following should be
> happening:
> 
> If the Iconlabel changes, make a new lookup of the icon pixmap.
> 
> Is this easy to implement, or am I wondering the impossible?

As I get deeper into the "multiple icon boxes patch"  that I have been
working  on, I  see  that it  doesn't  really  affect  the change  you
proposed.  Besides you mentioned the icon used by FvwmIconBox, not the
built-in IconBox.

I don't   see why fvwm2  couldn't change  the   icon associated with a
window when it is notified of the changes in the class information.  I
would assume  that FvwmIconBox  is or  could be notified  of the  icon
change.

> Greetings
> EJ
> --
> +--------------------+
> | Erwin J.  van Eijk | Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism
> | [email-masked]       | We are the vandals
> +--------------------+          - Type O Negative
> --

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (732) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Erwin J. van Eijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 09:41:10 +0200

>proposed.  Besides you mentioned the icon used by FvwmIconBox, not the

That's true. And that precisely why I want to have the icon reflect
the content of the window....

>would assume  that FvwmIconBox  is or  could be notified  of the  icon

Exactly my sentiments. I browsed through the code, and, personally, I
think it shouldn't be that hard. There's a notification if the window
changes its title already.

Greetings,
EJ