Subject: FVWM: Fvwm IconBoxes patch version 1.1

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:17:11 +0100 (BST)

> 
> Version 1.1 of the "Iconboxes patch" is available at:
> 
> ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/unofficial_patches
> 
> This version includes control of the icon fill direction.
> --
> Dan Espen                                    Phone: (732) 699-5570

I have a problem with the IconGrid and IconFill styles, I use 

Style * IconBox 55 6 314 874, IconGrid 1 96, IconFill Bottom Left

yet the first icons are placed at the left hand edge of the screen (they should
be 55 from the left edge) with a left-edge more than 55 they start to get placed
some distance from the left-edge but are off by about 50-60 pixels.  I've looked
at the patch and I can't spot an error but it looks like it's placing the right
hand edge of the icons in the grid.  If I change to IconFill Bottom Right it all
works fine.

Good work anyway,
Timbo.

P.S. I won't ask for it but sooner or later someone will: how about

IconFill Left Bottom
to place icons in columns?

P.P.S. Have you really done TGSFR in this patch?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:19:25 -0400

Tim Phipps <[email-masked]> writes:
> I have a problem with the IconGrid and IconFill  styles, I use Style
> * IconBox 55 6 314 874, IconGrid 1  96, IconFill Bottom Left yet the
> first icons  are placed at  the left hand edge   of the screen (they
> should be 55 from the left edge) with a left-edge  more than 55 they
> start to get placed some distance from the left-edge  but are off by
> about 50-60 pixels.  I've  looked at the patch and  I can't  spot an
> error  but it looks  like it's placing  the right  hand  edge of the
> icons in  the  grid.  If I change   to IconFill Bottom  Right it all
> works fine.

Sounds like there will be a version 1.2.

> Good work anyway,

Good, but apparently not perfect.

> to place icons in columns?

Of  course you can   get columns by  using   multiple narrow  but tall
iconboxes.   I've gone this far, I   guess I should  deal with columns
more directly.

> P.P.S. Have you really done TGSFR in this patch?

Well, I rewrote all the style code, and its now a tiny fraction of its
original size.  Plus, I think  adding a style bit flag  can be done in
under 10 lines of code.  (I didn't count anything,  I'm just trying to
say it should be simple.)

[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854