Subject: FVWM: mouse #1 on root window not working

From: Quoc Duong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 10:00:28 -0400

Hi all,

I built the fvwm-2.0.46 on a Sun Sparc:
% uname -a 
SunOS eros 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

Then I set the display to a SGI:
% uname -a
IRIX ares 5.3 11091810 IP12 mips

When I run the window manager 'fvwm2', and I press on mouse #1 on
the root window, it doesn't popup the RootMenu for me, even though
I did set it in the ~/.fvwm2rc:

Mouse 1         R       A       Menu RootMenu Nop

And I realize that the mouse #2 on root window doesn't work either,
only mouse #3 on root-window can trigger my menu.

Any idea ??

Thanks,

Quoc.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Le Nhat Quoc Duong
Gallium Software Inc.
(613) 721-0902, ext. 314
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Oct 1997 16:24:39 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 09 Oct 1997, Quoc Duong said:

  Quoc> And I realize that the mouse #2 on root window doesn't work either,
  Quoc> only mouse #3 on root-window can trigger my menu.

A stab in the dark: have you reordered the position of the mouse
buttons?  I think you can run a program which changes this, "xset m
321" or something.  This is often done by left-handed people.

(On my OpenWindows 3.5 system, xset doesn't have this option, so it
might be a different program, but I forget which one.)

kai
-- 
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 11:21:31 -0400

On Thu, 09 Oct 1997 10:00:28 -0400
Quoc Duong <[email-masked]> 
> I did set it in the ~/.fvwm2rc:

If I understand correctly you are running fvwm2 on the Sun and
displaying on the X server of the SGI. It may be that the objectserver
is running on the SGI and grabbing the button 1 and 2 mouse events.
Kill the objectserver and try again.

Just a guess ...

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].