Subject: FVWM: scwm 0.2

From: Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:36:15 EDT

scwm, the Scheme Configurable Window Manager, is now up to version
0.2. It is a version of fvwm2 with the configuration language replaced
by Guile Scheme, but many new experimental features enabled by the use
of a more powerful language will be added.

The main new features in this release are:

* Autoconf configurability. No more futzing with imake, just ./configure
  and go.

* Command-line option handing including an interactive repl mode - the
  configuration file is read, then you can enter window manager commands
  at a prompt.

* An implementation of window styles. However, all style options dynamically
  update for all existing matching windows and almost all of the style
  options are also available as procedures that operate on one window at
  a time.

Get it from http://web.mit.edu/mstachow/www/scwm.html

Note on future release announcements:

I created the mailing lists [email-masked] and
[email-masked], the former for release announcements only and
the latter for general discussion. Send me mail if you would like to
be added to either or both of these. I will not send future
announcements to the gwm or fvwm lists, and am doing so for this
release only because people on these lists formerly expressed
interest, and I don't remember them all to put them on the announce
list. I will probably continue to send release announcements to the
gnome and guile lists if the respective maintainers think that is
appropriate.

- Maciej Stachowiak
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].