Subject: FVWM: file colors

From: Dave Sousa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:22:48 -0700 (PDT)

How do i get different file colors from an "ls"

blue for executable
green for read-only etc.

thanks

David Sousa				E-Mail: [email-masked]
Software Engineer		TEL: (408) 543-6734
Infoseek Corporation			FAX: (408) 734-9359
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 17:25:05 -0400 (EDT)

> How do i get different file colors from an "ls"

if you're using linux, then just stick the following line into your
.[t]cshrc:

eval `dircolors`

or the following into your .bashrc

actually... I just reallized... I don't have it in my .bashrc ... well...
anyway... dircolors simply displays the proper environment variables to
set... so you should just set the environments that show up from it.
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+