Subject: FVWM: Unknown error on startup fvwm2

From: "Aaron M. Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:02:08 +0000

Hi.

I have attempted to install fvwm-2.0.46 on a pc running RedHat linux
4.2, and using 'TheNextLevel'. However, my .FVWM2-errors file contains
multiple errors like:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module '^?ELF^A^A^A' in
ModulePath '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2'
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module
'hTÃ^D^HèÖüÿÿ~CÄ^HÇ^EÇ^D^H^A' in ModulePath '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2'
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module '^H~IÀ~EÀu^OÇ~E@ÿÿÿ^A'
in ModulePath '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2'

fvwm2 does not start-up correctly.

I have no idea what could be causing this and have not been able to find
a similar bug report on the
net. Do you have any suggestions ?

Aaron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Olivier DUGEON - FT.BD/CNET/DAC/ATM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:56:53 +0100

Hi,

Try

fvwm2 -cmd 'FvwmM4 -debug /etc/X11/TheNextLevel/fvwmrc.m4'

you get few errors on icon but fvwm2 comes up correctly with the similar menu
that fvwm95. The bug come from the file /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients that attempt to
start fvwm2 and fvwm95 in same manner with "fvwm2 -f 'FvwmM4..." command. Note
the -f instead of -cmd.

Hope you this help.

Olivier

-- 
                                   _\\|//_ 
                                   ( O-O )
---------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------
  FRANCE TELECOM - CENTRE NATIONAL d'ETUDES et DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS

 Dugeon olivier                 FT.BD/CNET/DAC/ATM                              
 Technopole Anticipa            E-mail:   [email-masked]
 2, Avenue Pierre Marzin        Phone:    +(33) 2 96 05 28 80
 F-22307 LANNION                Fax       +(33) 2 96 05 11 98
 FRANCE                         Telex:    740801F
--------------------------------ooO-------Ooo----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].