Subject: FVWM: Startup Problems

From: [email-masked] (Greg Stocksdale)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 97 10:47 EDT

Hi,

   Well just installed fvwm2 (2.0.46). The make and install went great.
Copied one of the samply fvwm2rc's to my home directory and did the
normal startx.   I got a grey blank screen and the only button I had
was the exit button. Once I exited I noticed several error messages.
Here is the ouput from one of the errors, which were all basically identical.

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module '(garbabe)' in ModulePath
'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2'

I had about 8 of these, and the modules are located in the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2.   I looked through the INSTALL and FAQ
files plus tried to due a pull on the mail archives, but did not
see anything close to this. Anyone able to point me in the right
direction?  Thanks in advance...

Greg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:12:42 -0400

> direction?  Thanks in advance...

Hope so.

Anything  fvwm2 finds in your  .fvwm2rc that  it doesn't understand it
tries to execute as a module.

Seems like your .fvwm2rc file has a line containing "garbabe"?

If  not, its a common  mistake to name  the fvwm config file ".fvwmrc"
instead of ".fvwm2rc".

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (732) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].