Subject: FVWM: Transientness isn't transitive

From: Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:29:15 +0100

If I have a dialog box above a dialog box above a dialog box, for example in 
the following wish script:

wm withdraw .
toplevel .1; wm transient .1 {}
toplevel .2; wm transient .2 .1
toplevel .3; wm transient .3 .2

(here, the idea is that .1 created the dialog .2, which created a dialog .3).
fvwm2.0.46 keeps .3 above .2, and .2 above .1, but if I raise .1, then it and 
.2 appear above .3!

I'm not saying this is wrong (ICCCM2.0 doesn't seem to require anything 
particularly), but it's arguably wrong, and probably there ought to be an 
option allowing the other behaviour, where windows would be kept in the 
relative stacking order according to the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property.

-- 
Bruce Stephens	[email-masked]
Isode Ltd.	<URL:http://www.isode.com/>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].