Subject: FVWM: top borders

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 09:37:01 +0000

A while back I noticed someone talking about getting rid of the top borders
and stretching the titlebar to fit the width of the window. Is there a
patch for this? It seems sensible since you don't really need the top
resize buttons anyhow, and for people (like me) who don't run in
16000x12000 pixel resolutions, it might even save some screen space :) I
think it would look a lot cooler too.

I've managed to change the source to alter the highlight & shadow colors to
white & black, but that's about it. I tried to fool with the borders but I
can't make sense of most of it--I need to figure out how it works.

But I thought I'd ask since other users have mentioned the same thing
before.

-Joe

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 12:17:14 +0000

>    code of fvwm that handles this?  I must admit that I'm being a bit lazy
>    here not wanting to do the search myself.  But if you off hand know
>    the source file and possibly line numbers I should take a look at I'd
>    appreciate your help!
> > -Joe

Well, you lucked out, since I forgot how I did it myself I had to take a look.
All you have to do is this:

edit colors.c

in function GetShadow:
change the bg_color.red = r
                   bg_color.green = g
                   bg_color_blue = b
to
                   bg_color.red = 0
                   bg_color.green = 0
                   bg_color.blue = 0

or whatever RGB values you want.

Now do the same in function GetHilite. Now the colors are hardcoded in and will
always override the automatically generated ones.

Then type 'make' (there's no need to make clean), and copy the new fvwm2 file
where your old one was. Have fun-

-Joe