Subject: FVWM: 2.0.46 and the ColorLimit patch

From: [email-masked] (Randy J. Ray)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 10:58:12 -0600

What is the status of the ColorLimit patch with regards to 2.0.46? IIRC, .46
rolled in my patches to "normalize" the M_WINDOWSHADE and M_MINI_ICON packets,
but not the ColorLimit patch. Besides needing the functionality (since I have
an 8-bit display), I need to know what to do in my next release of X11::Fvwm.
It saves the ColorLimit value if it sees it, but never uses it directly. Thus,
the library is not vulnerable. But I had been including the needed patches with
the release, and I need to know if the ColorLimit patch can even be applied 
over 2.0.46.

Randy
--
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST IT, Inc.  Software Config Mgmt    Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"Reach up your hand, if your cup be empty/If your cup is full, may it be again"
                                                --Grateful Dead, "Ripple"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:45:24 -0400

> the release, and I need to know if the ColorLimit patch can even be applied 

I have been told it applies to 2.0.46, you may  need to use "patch -l"
to ignore any   whitespace  differences.   Chuck indicated  he   would
include "colorlimiting" in 2.0.47.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (732) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 13 Oct 1997 13:58:30 -0400

I successfully applied the colorlimit patch to 2.0.46.  If I remember
correctly I needed to specify --ignore-whitespace and --fuzz=3 to
get it to patch cleanly.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 781-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]