Subject: FVWM: Need help badly with fvwm upgrade!!

From: "Jack Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 02:51:01 PDT

Hi:

I'm a beginner of LInux. I use redhat 4.1, 2.0.27. fvwm is 2.0.41.

Now I download the fvwm 2.0.46,  then I use the following commands to
compile:

1. ./MakeMakefiles
2.  make
3.   make install
4.  make install.man

Are they correct?

Now I re-start x-windows, but I don't know whether I am running fvwm .41
or .46 version. Any idea?

THe most important is: do I have to replace, or edit some files to make
my upgradation work? You know, I'm comfused by so many config files, and
nobody tell me the details.

ANother question: I found some fvwm config files in internet make the
screen look great, so I also want to download it and replace my old one.
But I really don't know which old file should be replaced, and what's
the path of the old file! Just few weeks for LInux world!!

PLease help me!! Thank you very very much!!

PLease e-mail me! More details appreciate!!

[email-masked]

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].