Subject: FVWM: focus problems

From: Samuel Kvasnica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 23:13:29 +0100

Hello,

I'm using fvwm manager quite a long time (since 1.0.20 times) and I
still cannot get rid of a nasty problem: Sometimes, during havy word the
manager looses focus, it isn't possible to get active window with mouse
click. It's possible to get it through the win-list, but after clicking
another window it gets lost again. Neither restarting fvwm helps. The
only way to get things OK for a while is to quit fvwm and start again.
This problem appeared already in 1.0.x versions. I use version 2.0.46,
Xfree 3.3 and linux 2.0.30 now.

Best regards

S.Kvasnica

--
--------------------------------------------------------------
Samuel Kvasnica
IAEE TU-WIEN
Gusshausstrase 27-29 / 359   email: [email-masked]
1040 Wien                    tel:   +43-1-58801-3672
Austria
--------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Matthew Sayler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:05:09 -0500

> Xfree 3.3 and linux 2.0.30 now.

I experience the same problem under 2.0.45 under Solaris about once a week..
(just another data point).  

		m@

-- 
/* Matt Sayler   -- [email-masked] -- Austin, Texas
   (512)457-0086 -- http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mpsayler
   Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations? */
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].