Subject: FVWM: Brain rot with FvwmAuto

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 13:31:27 +0100

Dear Doctor,

I have been experimenting for a week or so using FvwmAuto (and the
default MouseFocus).  After some initial misgivings I am becoming
partial to it but ... I find that when I want to change desktops I
move the pointer over the FvwmPager and wait for the change to happen.
Where will this end?  Will I come to expect all my buttons to click
themselves when the pointer is held over them?  Maybe some bubble help
saying "Click your mouse button NOW, dummy" would ameliorate my
personal problems :-)
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Cristian Tibirna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:32:34 -0400

Pete Forman writes:
[cut] 
 > I find that when I want to change desktops I

Hi

I think this is an excellent idea. I mean, AutoRaise is not supposed
to have any effect on the functioning of the pager, but having the
pager changing desks as it gets mouse focus on the appropriate spot,
this would be cool. And also quite confusing sometimes :-)

Let's see. A simple modification in the pager, which will configurably
replace MOUSE_CLICK event with GOT_FOCUS (yes, now you know I'm
completely illiterate about X programming) and will add a configurable
wait duration functionality could not be so difficult.

As about pager tooltips, somebody has already published here a series
of patches (I appologize, I forgot the name and I'm too sleepy now to
search in the archive).

				Friendly, Cristian