Subject: FVWM: Configuring based on what the DISPLAY environment is set to

From: Jamie Norwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

At home, I have two places I run X from on the same network. One of these, the base system, is
an ATI SVGA card with 4MB of memory, which handles many, many colors without blinking an
eyelash. The other is an NCD17c Xterminal, which is, as near as I can guess, 256 colors at
best.

What I am wondering is, short of having 2 .fvwm2rc files, is there a way in that file I can
have it set and do certain things based on which of these machines the display is? Such as
displaying a color-intense .XPM file on the console, and a greyscale embossed version of it
(Which is already mde) if its the NCD?

Any help appreciated.

Jamie
--
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|The shadows of life cover the sunlight of the soul, and block out the| 
|radiance that all have within them, leaving only darkness behind.    |
+-----------------------------+---------------------+-----------------+
[email-masked] | 				      |
+-----------------------------+---------------------+-----------------+

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:02:46 -0400 (EDT)

FvwmM4 can do it.  M4 is a macro processing language that has access to
the environment.  It works a little  bit like cpp.

You will have to change the way that you invoke fvwm, but that is not much
of a problem.

ericb