Subject: FVWM: CDE

From: fractture <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:43:43 -0700

I went to sunsite to mirror FVWM and they don't have the new one.
But what I did see was fvwmCDEb or something like that.
What is it, anyone know?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Guido Notari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:37:26 +0200

> But what I did see was fvwmCDEb or something like that.  What is it,
> anyone know?

FvwmCDE is a fvwm2 module which mimics the appearance and some of the
functions of the standard CDE taskbar.  It's based on the XForms
library.  It's home page should be

http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/unixcentral/FvwmCDE.html

but I'm not able, as of now, to reach that host.

I rather like FvwmCDE, I'm using it all the time...  Latest version I
know of is something like 1.5.

					Guido

-- 
    |\      _,,,---,,_     Guido Notari (EC Joint Research Centre, Ispra site)
zz  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  postal:  TP 210,  JRC,  21020 Ispra (VA),  Italia
   |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-' tel: +39 332 785528    fax: +39 332 785813
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)    
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: fractture <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 01:51:40 -0700

> http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/unixcentral/FvwmCDE.html

ok, I think I had a look at that,....it was called panel.Took too many colors or
something for my, I have 256.
Did kind of like it though.

---

From: Guido Notari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:55:40 +0200

> > FvwmCDE is a fvwm2 module which mimics the appearance and some of
> > the functions of the standard CDE taskbar.  It's based on the XForms
> ok, I think I had a look at that,....it was called panel.Took too many
> colors or something for my, I have 256.  Did kind of like it though.

eheh, Panel is *another* attempt at the same thing.  It's Motif based,
and its home page is on

http://www.d.umn.edu/~mbaron/panel/

It's worth a look, too  :-)

					Guido

---

From: Greg Fall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:47:07 -0400 (EDT)

Speaking of which, I'm putting together a CDE mock right now, one that
uses nothing special but a few tcl/tk scripts.  It is not the most
sophisticated thing ever, and not that terribly close to CDE really, but
it looks nice and mimics the general layout and organization.  Anybody
wants to try it, let me know.  It should be done in maybe a week, assuming
somebody tells me how to make M4 strip a newline character from the end of
a string.

G.F.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Greg Fall
[email-masked]
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gmfall