Subject: FVWM: FOR ADOPTION: tkgoodstuff

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:30:13 -0400 (EDT)

Those who are interested probably have noticed that development and
even bug-fixing has slowed to a crawl over the past months.  I'm not
seeing much available time in the future, so if there's any interest,
I'd like to hand tkgoodstuff over to an interested person or group.

There is the source, along with package-maintenance scripts (e.g., for
generating distributions) and a mailing list (currently numbering 150
names).  The "Getting" page of the web site has received 16,000 hits 
since not so many months ago, so there seems to be a pretty strong
awareness of the program.  I'd be happy to consult about the code while
you are getting up to speed.

The main drawback of tkgoodstuff has always been its memory use, but
with the cheap memory these days it's starting to look a lot lighter.
With the net-awareness of tcl and the ever-spiffier tk, a scriptable
toolbar is really a powerful thing.  I hope someone will take over the
care of this one, or think about writing another from scratch.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Cheers,
Mark
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~markcrim/tkgoodstuff

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].