Subject: FVWM: Problems with shaped windows

From: Alexander Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:25:45 +0200

Hello,

I've problems with shaped windows. I'm using ImageMagick to display
and manipulate images. Images with transparent colors are displayed
as shaped windows (on TrueColor displays). But there's one problem,
when doing this:

1) loading a transparent image
2) loading a non-transparent image
3) resizing the non-transparent image to double size

After that there's only the upper left quarter of the image (exactly
the size of the original non-transparent image) visible. When moving
around the window the "moving border" of the window is display in
the correct doubled size, but after finishing the move still only the
upper left quarter is visible again.

Since other window managers (olwm, twm, mwm) do not have problems
with ImageMagick and shaped windows, I think that's a fvwm bug.
Who can help me figuring this out ?

I've tested fvwm1.24r and afterstep-1.0pre2 on a i486 RedHat Linux
system running the XFree86 3.3.1-SVGA-Server.

Alexander
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[email-masked] | for PGP public key finger
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~zimmerma | [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].