Subject: FVWM: FVWM vs hints?

From: "John R. Dunning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:19:17 -0400 (EDT)

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered; I pawed
through the mailing list archives and didn't see anything about it:

fvwm 1.23, linux 2.0.30.

I've got an app which pops up some windows which, under fvwm, show up
without decorations, grab bars, iconifiers, etc.  Everything else
about the windows works.  These windows also follow around the virtual
desktop, ie when you switch desktops, they stick on the screen instead
of staying back in whatever piece of desktop I created them.

Same behaviour under fvwm95.  twm and olvm work.

I pawed through some traces generated with xmon, and the only
interesting difference appears to be that the offending app is sending
a fair number of wm-hints.

Is this a known bug?  Is it fixed in any of the newer fvwms?  Please
reply directly, as I'm not on the list.  Thanks in advance for any
info. 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].