Subject: FVWM: fvwm function bug

From: Stanislav Brabec <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:43:28 +0200

Hi fvwm team,

I have met strange bug in fvwm behavior. In config file (nearly
default config, only some colors, menus and commands are changed)
there are defined ways to focus, hotkeys etc... After some actions (I
have not yet determined it, but probably when I am very fast in
executing some commands directly from fvwm) actions, fvwm looses some
functions and predefined keys:

This problem is not only mine and is affected to both fvwm and fvwm2
(fvwm-2.0.43), both XFree86 3.2 and 3.3 (under Linux 2.0.29).

Example of becoming buggy: I will run gv (or anything else big) from
FvwmButtons an before its window appears, I will call shell from menu.

User level solution of this problem seems to be adding in every Exec line:
Exec exec command &
(problem occurs less often)

Programs, which have problems:

xcalc: window is not focused nor by click anywhere nor by mouse
	following
xfm: icon's own menu is displayed, but item cannot be selected.
ghostview (but not gv): widgets have no answer on click.
mc (4.0): mouse support in xterm is lost at all (window becames
	clipboard area)
fvwm: Alt, Ctrl + Cursor keys are not working.
etc...

All these problems will occur in the same time in all windows. I didn't found
any way to return to correct behavior (Restart will not help, only quit
and new invocation of fvwm2),

You probably can find more problematic instances. The trouble seems,
that fvwm looses or ignores some parts of config file after executing
something.

---

Apropos: is there any option to omit interactive move measuring window?

-- Stanislav Brabec

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].