Subject: FVWM: how to hide "icon bar" underneath application window

From: Jan Krupa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:59:57 +0200

How to hide the "bar  with icons" underneath application windows in
the following windows managers: fvwm2, fwvm95 ?
 For now the application windows are partly covered by
the "bar with icons" .
 In fvwm the "bar with icons" is hidden underneath application windows
but I cannot figure out how to achieved the same in the other wms listed
above.

Could some good soul help me ?

If would be so kind please send the answer to [email-masked]'

Thanks in advance.

Jan Krupa

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:37:28 -0400

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:59:57 +0200
> From: Jan Krupa <[email-masked]>
> Sender: [email-masked]
> 

I use fvwm2.  I believe you are referring to the taskbar.  The
behavior you want is the default so I believe you are overridding it.
Since I want the opposite behavior, I do override the default with
StaysOnTop.  So, I have the following line in .fvwm2rc

Style FvwmTaskBar	ClickToFocus, NoHandles, Sticky, StaysOnTop

You want

Style FvwmTaskBar	ClickToFocus, NoHandles, Sticky

Hope this helps,
allan gottlieb

---

From: Cristian Tibirna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:33:38 -0400

> Style FvwmTaskBar	ClickToFocus, NoHandles, Sticky
  Hi

No, he refers to the FvwmButtons (TaskBar isn't functioning under
fvwm, I think).

However, a general receipt for what Gottlieb explained for FvwmTaskBar
is:

identify the window which always gets put on top. For this you can use
FvwmIdent or xwininfo. Take the name of the window from this
information and go in your .fvwmrc or .fvwm2rc and find the line(s)
containing something like

Style "<your_window_name>" <other_opts>, StaysOnTop, <other_opts>

and take out the StaysOnTop command.

					Cristian