Subject: FVWM: buttons which swallow

From: [email-masked] (Viorel ANGHEL)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:24:13 +0300 (EEST)

How can i define an action for a button which swallow
an application (by example, button swallow xload and
on click pop-up a xterm with top) ?

vang
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Sep 1997 10:19:46 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Viorel ANGHEL said:

  Vang> How can i define an action for a button which swallow an
  Vang> application (by example, button swallow xload and on click
  Vang> pop-up a xterm with top) ?

This is not possible by default; it is a bug.  You can make a
workaroud: define a title for the button and an action.  Then,
pressing the mouse button on the title (but not on the swallowed
application) will execute the action.

kai
-- 
I like both kinds of music.

---

From: Rob Lowrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 06:48:43 -0600 (MDT)

On 12 Sep 1997, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> This is not possible by default; it is a bug.

Is this really a bug?  I would like the option to have either property.
Maybe a boolean called something like PassFocusToApp (which with the
current behavior is always true).

--
 Rob Lowrie                     \         Los Alamos National Laboratory
 [email-masked]                 \ Scientific Computing, CIC-19, MS B256
 http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~lowrie/  \            Los Alamos, NM  87545 USA

---

From: Koblinger Egmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:28:09 +0200 (MET DST)

> > This is not possible by default; it is a bug.

HI!

The completely new syntax in the latest versions makes it possible (e.g. 
redhat's fvwm-2.0.45.rpm --- I don't know FvwmButtons' version), but there's a
bug. If you click, you have to click at the edge of the swallowed xload. Or
anywhere in xload press Enter. 

Being a new member of the list, (this is my first email here), somebody please
help me. I've written a list of suggestions and new ideas, and a list of bugs.
Where shall I send it? Is this list read by people who will fix the bugs?

bye,
 KOBLINGER Egmont   from Budapest.

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Sep 1997 16:28:53 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Rob Lowrie said:

  Rob> Is this really a bug?  I would like the option to have either
  Rob> property.  Maybe a boolean called something like PassFocusToApp
  Rob> (which with the current behavior is always true).

OK, I take that back and call it a missing feature.

kai