Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm Input fields

From: Greg Fall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:47:33 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using FvwmCpp to preprocess my setup, and I'm using I guess you'd
call them macros, defined as follows in my fvwm2rc:

#define	FAVORITEDESKTOOL	xcalc -rpn

My FvwmButtons includes a button that when you hit it executes the program 
indicated by the FAVORITEDESKTOOL macro.  In order that users can
make their own choice of favorite desktop tool (e.g. xcalc or xman I
guess), I have written an FvwmForm module called PickDeskTool.  When
PickDeskTool is launched, the user enters the command they want executed
when the desktop-tool button is pressed.  So far so good--it actually
works.  However, as an extra bonus I would like to put the current value
of FAVORITEDESKTOOL in the input field of PickDeskTool as a default. 
Currently the input field is defined like this:

*PickDeskToolInput	DeskToolExec	40	""

The first guess I made was this:

*PickDeskToolInput	DeskToolExec	40	FAVORITEDESKTOOL

but that gets me a blank input field, as do all the other versions I've
tried (such as replacing FAVORITEDESKTOOL with \FAVORITEDESKTOOL).

Anybody done something similar before?

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Greg Fall
[email-masked]
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gmfall

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].