Subject: FVWM: Fix for FvwmTaskBar w/Grant McDorman's Patch

From: Toshio Kuratomi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

I've been working on FvwmTaskBar with the miniicons patch and Grant McDorman's
patch applied and I've found that it can be made to work correctly if you
change all the references to signal_pipe[0] to signal_pipe[1] and
signal_pipe[1] to signal_pipe[0].

The problem is that signal_pipe[0] is a read-only pipe and signal_pipe[1] is a
write to pipe and the patch has them coded backwards.

This takes care of FvwmTaskBar not responding to fvwm telling it to die (for
example, when fvwm closes or when you send it a close event.)

The only problem I'm still seeing is with the AutoHide functionality... It
looks to me as though it recieves the signal that tells it to hide itself, and
then it is getting told (By WarpTaskBar) to move back to its original position
(although I could be totally off about this...) If someone would like to look
into this...?
-- 
-Toshio Kuratomi            // "The Past is always with us."
 [email-masked]   //=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~=_=~
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Grant McDorman)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 97 16:05 EDT

> example, when fvwm closes or when you send it a close event.)

Must be a Unix-flavour thing. On Solaris 2.5 (my platform), both [0] and [1]
are read-write, so I picked an arbitrary direction... and, as is usual for
any 50% chance thing, I picked the wrong one <grin>. Ah well. (Yes, I did
test it - really.)

Grant McDorman <[email-masked]>