Subject: FVWM: Simpler pager?

From: [email-masked] (Randy J. Ray)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:52:12 -0600

Now that I am opting for multiple one-page desktops instead of my old
multi-page single desktop, I'd like a pager more like the one in TkGoodStuff,
that is, where each desktop is a single button without window outlines,
preferably labelled. I'd like it to allow me to change desks, with colors
changes to note the current desk, but I want it to be much much smaller than
FvwmPager is for my 3x2 arrangement. Is there a feature I have overlooked
already out there?

Randy
--
===============================================================================
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST Technologies IAD/CSS/DPDS         Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." --Calvin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Fall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:24:15 -0400 (EDT)

> FvwmPager is for my 3x2 arrangement. Is there a feature I have overlooked

I think so.  Just say "DesktopSize 1 1" and bind the commands "Desk 0",
"Desk 1", ... to buttons in FvwmButtons.  For the color changes you can
use FvwmBacker.  This all assumes you're using fvwm2.

Greg

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Greg Fall
[email-masked]
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gmfall