Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons + Xload

From: "Patrick K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 02:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

   A newbie question (please forgive me).

   I finally figured out (almost) how to get the FvwmButtons to work for
   me.  Just one question regarding a swallowed xload.  Is it possible
   to have the FvwmButtons and/or the xload to preserve the "load graph"
   while re-starting fvwm2?  What I mean is I would like the "history"
   so far be preserved when fvwm2 is restarted.

   I have:

   *MyFButtons(Swallow(UseOld, NoClose) XLoad \
      `Exec xload -fg green -bg black -hl red &`)

   but I guess the "NoClose" doesn't really do the job :)

   Is what I want to do possible at all?

   Thanks in advanced,

Patrick K ...
[email-masked] (development and consulting)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Trent Piepho <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 03:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

>    but I guess the "NoClose" doesn't really do the job :)

I was trying to do this too, as and far is I can tell NoClose and UseOld
simply don't work.  I think that if you start up xload from your .xsession
file instead of from fvwm that it won't die when you restart, but it's been a
while.  UseOld does't work for me either, so I just gave up.  I don't restart
fvwm all that often anymore.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho ([email-masked])                   -- Metallica  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].