Subject: FVWM: double-click text select

From: David Jirku <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 22:58:14 -0400

Hi,

just a quick question: I just installed fvwm2.0.46 and noticed a slight
difference between my old wm (ncdwm) and fvwm2. In an xterm,
double-clicking to select text results in different selections under ncdwm
and fvwm. Specifically, it looks like ncdwm has more "leniency" in
selection text. It seems like (if this is how it's done), the regexp in
fvwm doesn't include things like periods ("."), etc. 

I guess the question is: is this a wm related problem, or something else
entirely. If it is fvwm related, I'm assuming the regexp would be simple
to change to my liking, and recompile, but, what part of the code is it
in?

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------
David Jirku      [email-masked]
External Networking and Facilities Management
Computing and Networking Services
University of Toronto
(416) 946-3379 
---------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 10:39:31 -0400

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997 22:58:14 -0400
David Jirku <[email-masked]> 
> to change to my liking, and recompile, but, what part of the code is it

Hi

This is totally unrelated to the window manager. The X server administers
the selection clipboard, and individual apps and toolkits are responsible
for selection policy.

In xterm this policy is set as the Xresource charClass. Read the section
labelled "CHARACTER CLASSES" in the xterm man page.

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Phone: +1 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].