Subject: FVWM: fvwm icon placement

From: Gord Stickney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:24:00 -0400 (EDT)

Curious...
I'm using fvwm 2.0.46 on HPUX 9. Before I upgraded to this version,
using 2.0.45, when I minimized a window, the icon would set to the bottom
left of my screen. 

Here's the icon region of my .fvwm2rc:
############################################################################
# ICON Setup

Style "*" IconBox +0-64-1-1

Style "*" StickyIcon

############################################################################

Now, however, with version 2.0.46, the icon places at the top right of
where the window existed; that is, until I do a "Restart fvwm", then it
places it at the bottom left. 
I would like it to always place at the bottom left.

Is there a style definition that I am overlooking? Anyone have a quick and
easy solution to my little problem?
Thanks in advance, 
Gord Stickney.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Jirku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:49:45 -0400

> I would like it to always place at the bottom left.

Hi Gord,

here is what I use for bottom left placement:

Style "*" DecorateTransient,IconBox 0 -100 600 -0

I'm actually not sure what "DecorateTransient" does, but that places my
icons exactly where you want them.

---------------------------------------------
David Jirku      [email-masked]
External Networking and Facilities Management
Computing and Networking Services
University of Toronto
(416) 946-3379 
---------------------------------------------

---

From: Gord Stickney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:23:12 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks David.
The key is to have the spaces in between the placement parameters.
ie. I had 0-64-1-1; works with 0 -64 -1 -1
Gord.

---

From: "Patrick K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

> icons exactly where you want them.

   The 'DecorateTransient' will give "transient" windows a titlebar.
   An example of these "transient" windows is Netscape's "question"
   windows or Netscape's "Save As" window (or dialog box).

Patrick Keshishian ...
[email-masked]