Subject: FVWM: Using rxvt with StartsOnDesk/-xrm

From: [email-masked] (Randy J. Ray)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 17:09:22 -0600

It seems that rxvt doesn't recognize the -xrm option by which you can spawn a
term to start on a specific desktop. I'm currently re-organizing my workspace
in order to move to one of FvwmButtons or IconMan, so the first thing I want
to do is go from one 3x3 desk to 6 desk in a 3x2 arrangement (realistically, I
almost never used the bottom three). But I work across three systems here, and
my X initialization starts terms on each of the three windows. Before, I just
gave a high geometry to place the windows in the right space, but for desks I
need to have it start on a specific desk. I'm sure there are enough people here
using rxvt with fvwm to help me out...

Randy
--
===============================================================================
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST Technologies IAD/CSS/DPDS         Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." --Calvin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].