Subject: FVWM: fvwm2rc question

From: Stephen Carville <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:18:12 -0700

Is there any way to define a variable in the .fvwm2rc file that can be
expanded at run time?  Something like the #define directive in C?  I
would like to put in a line something like:

#define START_ICON mini-x.xpm

And have START_ICON replaced with mini-x.xpm every time it is
encountered.  This way I could define an icon once and have it used
everytime.  It would make changing the icon for a particular program
much simpler too.

-- 
Stephen Carville
[email-masked]
===============================================================
Is it easier to believe that nature has gone out of her course or that a
man would tell a lie?
					Thomas Paine
===============================================================

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:25:13 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Stephen Carville wrote:

->Is there any way to define a variable in the .fvwm2rc file that can be
->expanded at run time?  Something like the #define directive in C?  I
->would like to put in a line something like:
->
->#define START_ICON mini-x.xpm
->
->And have START_ICON replaced with mini-x.xpm every time it is
->encountered.  This way I could define an icon once and have it used
->everytime.  It would make changing the icon for a particular program
->much simpler too.
->

You should investigate the preprocessing modules FvwmCpp and FvwmM4.
But I don't see that this saves you much effortexcept in changing to a
better icon than mini-x.xpm for a group of programs. For a single
program it's much the same having to write START_ICON each time.

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "Alright! Let battle commence! Wine and ... 	|
|	     bananas! Bring on the dancing girls!"      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-