Subject: FVWM: Xwindows

From: Gruwez Guido <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 17:36:07 +0000

Hello,

I' like to use linux with fvwm as an X-terminal on a 
Digital Ultrix sparc .
Can i really use it  or have i to buy an X-motif variant ????

Thanks a lot

Gruwez Guido, Belgium

E-mail:ggruwez@pop03
       [email-masked]

Tel: 056/237662

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Sep 1997 17:57:15 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, Gruwez Guido said:

  Gruwez> I' like to use linux with fvwm as an X-terminal on a 
  Gruwez> Digital Ultrix sparc .
  Gruwez> Can i really use it  or have i to buy an X-motif variant ????

Yes, Linux with fvwm is sufficient, no need to buy commercial
software.  Some commercial Unixen (Unices?) use the Display Postscript
extension (notably SunOS and Solaris) for some programs; on these, you
might not be able to run all programs remotely.  But Motif isn't
needed at all.  All Motif clients run fine when started on your Ultrix
with redirected display to your Linux machine.  You can even run mwm
this way, if you really want...

kai
-- 
I like both kinds of music.