Subject: Re: FVWM: Setup and operation

From: "Thomas J. Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:31:40 -0500

> From: Cliff Trapp <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: FVWM: Setup and operation
..
> Thanks everyone. Ordinarily I could edit either one of those, but I am
> running CDE which is either misconfigured or configured NOT to use either
> my own .xinitrc or my .xsession. I start up fvwm by the following entry
> in my .Xdefaults file:
>
> Dtsession*wmStartupCommand:   /usr/openwin/bin/xview/fvwm2
>

The way I start up fvwm2 under AIX CDE is to use the SESSIONTYPE=xdm setting
in ~/.dtprofile.  This allows me to use a more traditional ~/.xsession to
start fvwm2.  I never was able to get the wmStartupCommand variable to work
right.

					- Thomas

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Thomas J. Moore, Hacker/SysAdmin | TV & video games have destroyed my mind
  inet:  [email-masked]    | unix ada asm c/c++ mcu ee amiga tired
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].