Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: M4 quirks

From: [email-masked] (George Ross)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:21:28 GMT

> But there's
> another snafu:  if you invoke FvwmM4 from .fvwm2rc, InitFunction does not
> happen unless you explicity put the command "InitFunction" somewhere in
> your set-up.

I think the reason for that is that FvwmM4 (and FvwmCpp) is a module which
gets run as a separate process.  fvwm2 fires it up, doesn't bother waiting,
carries on to the end of the rc file and executes the InitFunction.  Some time
later FvwmM4 (FvwmCpp) gets round to adding to the InitFunction (you can see
it in the processed output if you use the -debug option) but by then it's too
late.  It would be nice if fvwm2 could be told to wait...

Running it as 'fvwm2 -cmd "FvwmM4 your.m4.file"' works, btw (or at least, it
does for FvwmCpp).
-- 
Dr George D M Ross, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh
       Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ
Mail: [email-masked]   Voice: +44 131 650 5147   Fax: +44 131 667 7209
   PGP: 1024/B74A4F7D  14 E8 B3 00 20 04 68 F8  95 40 CB 36 A4 D4 FA 90

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].