Subject: FVWM: Trouble with FvwmButtons

From: Brian Sayatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:03:11 -0400

Ever since I switched to Fvwm2 2.0.46 from 2.0.45, my FvwmButtons has stopped
working.  I changed nothing in my config file pertaining to it.  Everything
compiled without any trouble (on my SunOS 4.1.3 with gcc 2.7.2 and X11R6, not
OpenWIndows).

I used the sample file that came with the module source, and it starts the
clokc, but the buttons never appear.  I've watched my processes with 'top' on a
1 second resolutoin, and I am some times lucky enough to see FvwmButtons pop in
for one cycle (I think I hear it laughin at me too...).  I don't seem to get any
error messages or anything.  I looked through the source, and I didn't see any
exit(...) statements NOT preceeded by an error message, so I'm baffled as to why
or where its exiting.

Has anyone has similar trouble?  Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can
track this problem down?

Brian.

--
 ___________________________________________________________
|                                                           |
|  Brian Sayatovic                 (mailto:[email-masked])  |
| --------------------------------------------------------- |
|  International TechneGroup, Inc. (http://www.iti-oh.com)  |
|___________________________________________________________|

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:24:31 -0400

> Has anyone has similar trouble?  Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can

Did you install the 2.0.46 modules in the same place, as 2.0.45?
If not, do you have a "ModulePath" in your .fvwm2rc?`

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brian Sayatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 14:38:39 -0400

> If not, do you have a "ModulePath" in your .fvwm2rc?`

I've installed all of the new modules right on top of the old ones.  The path to
them *is* in my .fvwm2rc file.  I verified that I was running the correct
FvwmButtons by trying to execute it from the command prompt, to which it spitted
out:

FvwmButtons v2.0.46 should only be executed by fvwm!

I think I'm going to lower myself to writing error messages to a file, or
something.

Brian.