Subject: FVWM: Cursor Config in 2.0.46

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 09:23 EDT

Did the CursorConfig stuff make it into 2.0.46? I'd like to configure
lefty cursors so I want to know of I can go ahead or I have to work up
some patches.

Thanks in advance.

Barry
--
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Axiom Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 24 Sep 1997 10:08:12 -0400

Is this what you want?  From TFM v2.0.46:

CursorStyle context cursornum

Defines a new cursor for the specified context.  The various contexts
are:

POSITION     - used when initially placing windows
	       (XC_top_left_corner) 
TITLE        - used in a window title-bar (XC_top_left_arrow)
DEFAULT      - used in windows that don't set their cursor
	       (XC_top_left_arrow) 
SYS          - used in one of the title-bar buttons (XC_hand2)
MOVE         - used when moving or resizing windows (XC_fleur)
WAIT         - used during an EXEC builtin command (XC_watch)
MENU         - used in menus (XC_sb_left_arrow)
SELECT       - used for various builtin commands such as iconify
	       (XC_dot) 
DESTROY      - used for DESTROY, CLOSE, and DELETE built-ins
	       (XC_pirate) 
TOP          - used in the top side-bar of a window (XC_top_side) 
RIGHT        - used in the right side-bar of a window (XC_right_side) 
BOTTOM       - used in the bottom side-bar of a window
	       (XC_bottom_side) 
LEFT         - used in the left side-bar of a window (XC_left_side)
TOP_LEFT     - used in the top left corner of a window
	       (XC_top_left_corner) 
TOP_RIGHT    - used in the top right corner of a window
	       (XC_top_right_corner) 
BOTTOM_LEFT  - used in the bottom left corner of a window
	       (XC_bottom_left_corner)
BOTTOM_RIGHT - used in the bottom right corner of a window
	       (XC_bottom_right_corner) 

And the cursornum is the numeric value of the cursor as defined in the
include file X11/cursorfont.h.  An example:

	# make the kill cursor be XC_gumby:
	CursorStyle DESTROY 56

The defaults are shown in parenthesis above.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 781-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:30:49 -0400 (EDT)

And note that the `context' below *must* be in all caps, otherwise it's
not recognized.  *groan*.  Anyone care to patch that?  I don't happen
to have the sources at the moment.

--jim

############### jim knoble ######## [email-masked] #################

On 24 Sep 1997, David S. Goldberg wrote:

: Is this what you want?  From TFM v2.0.46:
: 
: CursorStyle context cursornum
: 
: Defines a new cursor for the specified context.  The various contexts
: are:
: 
: POSITION     - used when initially placing windows
: 	       (XC_top_left_corner)