Subject: FVWM: three problems with fvwm2.0.46

From: Alan Guisewite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:05:01 -0400

Hi,

    I've read the FAQ and a lot of the Mail archives and the rest of the
fvwm documentation. I've compiled fvwm2.0.46 on my SGI Indy (IRIX5.3) and
there are three things that don't work:

1) when firing up GNU emacs, the emacs window stops opening and I have to
click with Mouse 1 to get it to continue opening - I just have the
following emacs-related entries in my ~/.fvwm2rc file:

Style "*"           SmartPlacement, RandomPlacement, NoOverride
Style "*emacs*"     WindowListHit, NoPPosition

I've tried other style flags without success

2) *FvwmWinListTruncateLeft doesn't look any different than TruncateRight
for long WindowList entries

3) neither *FvwmWinListFocusBack or *FvwmWinListFocusFore work for any
color I choose

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

        Alan

-- 
Carnegie Mellon University                             Alan D. Guisewite
Robotics Institute                            Senior Research Technician
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~adg                                   [email-masked]
                  To ice! To snow! To Sodeskaya we go!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Grant McDorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:18:32 -0400 (EDT)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>  there are three things that don't work:
[snip]
>  3) neither *FvwmWinListFocusBack or *FvwmWinListFocusFore work for any

I think someone put some changes in that broke these settings. I hope to
look at it Real Soon Now (no, I am not the author of that module, but
I did put the above enhancements in). 

I believe the changes are related to mini-icons.