Subject: FVWM: compiler warnings under Solaris 2.51, cc 4.0

From: Mark Lakata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

fvwm version 2.0.46
solaris 2.51 (ultra sparc)
compiler cc v 4.0

I don't subscribe to the list, so I apologize if this has been posted
before.

sincerely,
Mark Lakata

making all in ./fvwm...
cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  add_window.c
"add_window.c", line 252: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  borders.c
"borders.c", line 621: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 918: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 926: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 939: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 950: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1006: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1020: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1036: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1049: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1065: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"borders.c", line 1320: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

cc -c -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM
-DFVWM_ICONDIR=\"/usr/openwin/include/X11/bitmaps\:/usr/openwin/include/X11/pixmaps\"
-DFVWMDIR=\"/usr/local/fvmw2/modules\"  -DFVWMRC=\".fvwm2rc\" builtins.c
"builtins.c", line 328: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"builtins.c", line 403: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"builtins.c", line 405: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"builtins.c", line 417: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"builtins.c", line 681: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int
"builtins.c", line 1246: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int
"builtins.c", line 1264: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int
"builtins.c", line 1289: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  decorations.c
"decorations.c", line 348: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  functions.c
"functions.c", line 169: warning: argument #5 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to function(pointer to const void, pointer to
const void) returning int : "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 95
        argument : pointer to function(pointer to void, pointer to void)
returning int

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  module.c
"module.c", line 781: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int

cc -c -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM
-DFVWM_ICONDIR=\"/usr/openwin/include/X11/bitmaps\:/usr/openwin/include/X11/pixmaps\"
-DFVWMDIR=\"/usr/local/fvmw2/modules\"  -DFVWMRC=\".fvwm2rc\" read.c
"read.c", line 189: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "./misc.h", line 231
        argument : pointer to const char
"read.c", line 217: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "./misc.h", line 231
        argument : pointer to const char

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  resize.c
"resize.c", line 63: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  style.c
"style.c", line 371: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  virtual.c
"virtual.c", line 547: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to long : "./misc.h", line 423
        argument : pointer to int

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  windows.c
"windows.c", line 180: warning: argument #4 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to function(pointer to const void, pointer to
const void) returning int : "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 97
        argument : pointer to function(pointer to pointer to const struct
FvwmWindow {pointer to struct FvwmWindow {..} next, pointer to struct...

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  xmanager.c
"xmanager.c", line 1471: warning: statement not reached
"xmanager.c", line 1650: warning: statement not reached

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  fvwm.c
"fvwm.c", line 292: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to const char : "/usr/include/string.h", line
39
        argument : pointer to uchar
"fvwm.c", line 323: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to const char : "/usr/include/string.h", line
39
        argument : pointer to uchar
"fvwm.c", line 426: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "fvwm.c", line 421
        argument : pointer to uchar

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  GrabWindow.c
"GrabWindow.c", line 631: warning: statement not reached

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  FvwmPager.c
"FvwmPager.c", line 81: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: -1
"FvwmPager.c", line 82: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: -1
"FvwmPager.c", line 83: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: -1
"FvwmPager.c", line 84: warning: initializer does not fit or is out of
range: -1

cc -O -xF -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I/usr/local/include  -I.
-I../../libs  -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE
-DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS
-DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE
-DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM   -c  FvwmBanner.c
"FvwmBanner.c", line 261: warning: statement not reached

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].