Subject: FVWM: Proposal: pinnable menus

From: [email-masked] (Paul Seelig)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:09:50 GMT

Hi out there!

Now i actually fell in love with the pinnable menus in WindowMaker but
don't really like this window manager enough to replace fvwm2 with it.
But then the "TO-DO list for fvwm 2.xx" suggests in the "New stuff:"
section "Pin up menus?".  

Is there hope for an implementation of pinnable menus as exist with
WindowMaker?  

IMHO pinnable menus are the most convenient thing i've ever worked
with in any window manager!  It's a pity though that WindowMaker is
not as customizable as fvwm2 and unfortunately can't be used without
this terribly superfluous docking station called Wharf.

Since WindowMaker is released under the GPL i suppose the relevant
code for the pinnable menus could easily be reused by some gifted
programmer for inclusion as a fvwm module.  Sorry, i'm no programmer
and therefore regrettably can't do it myself. :-(

                                      Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         [email-masked]
   African Music Archive - Institute for Ethnology and Africa Studies
   Johannes Gutenberg-University   -  Forum 6  -  55099 Mainz/Germany
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].