Subject: FVWM: Fighting ChordMiddle (FvwmGeom)

From: Elad Eyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 16:52:01 +0300 (IDT)

Good morning,

I'm trying to write a prooogram that needs to keep track on the mouse's
buttons. So far things works well by catching ButtonPress and
ButtonRelease events. The problem rises when using Linux, XFree86 with
ChordMiddle activated. When both mousebutton are down, you get a Click
event of button 2 (instead of buttons 1 and 3). I can live with it, with
special code, but the problem is that when any of the buttons is released,
a button 2 Release Event is sent; A PointerQuery returns mask 0, and the
only way to know if a mousebutton is still down is to wait for a mouse
movement event and check for the mask *then*. 

Is there any way to recognize the mousebutton which is down immediately
after the release? Is it perhaps possible to programmatically disable
ChordMiddle? My program is an Fvwm module, which grabs the pointer, so
I'll settle for a global ChordMiddle disabling. 

PS: Is there a better newsgroup/list I should consult?

Thanks in advance,

 _
(_  /  _    /          ( E-mail pigeons nest in binary trees )
(__/__(/\_(/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].