Subject: FVWM: xpmroot

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:06:59 +0100 (BST)

I have a program for my Windows 3.1 machine at home that sets the root
window to an image chosen randomly from a preset list. I was just
wondering if anyone had thought of adding something like this to
xpmroot. 

Just an idea ;)

Martin

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "As private parts to the Gods are we...		|
|	      they play with us for their sport!"	      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:16:06 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Broc Stirton wrote:

->Try:
->
->xv -random -root -rmode 5 `cat presetlist.txt` 
->
->make sure the presetlist.txt contains the list of files you want.  'ls
->--nocolor > presetlist.txt' should work.
->note that those are backticks, not single quotes in the xv command.  
->You can add '-wait 2' and get a slideshow in the root window.
->		Have fun,
->		Broc

Thanks, but I've just made a directory and done:

xv -random -quit -root /home/imc/pixmaps/*.xpm

I'd appreciate an explanation of the -rmode bit tho, as I can't find
the xv docs.