Subject: Re: FVWM: Another question about starting Aps

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Riehm)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 18:35:14 +0200 (MEZ)

Hi David,

> > Firstly, I don't use / like desktops, because you can't jump between
> > them with the mouse AND the keyboard

> If I understand you right, you're saying you want to be able to 
> move around desks with the keyboard.

Not quite, perhaps I should have mentioned them the other way around,
ie: I do move around via the keyboard, but at times it's nice to
drag'n'drop from one screen into another, meaning that you also need
to be able to float between screens with the mouse. - this you can't
do with desks. Also, desks make up a one dimentional line, screens can
be organised in 2 dimentions, meaning that you can have 4 directly
adjacent, and another 4 diagonally adjacent screens, making it more
efficient to get from where you are, to where you want to go
[tomorrow]

its a good thing I don't use M$ products, otherwise I'ld still not be
where I wanted to be :-)

> Anyway, I don't know if that helps you at all, but thought I'd throw
> in my two cents.

Thanks, I knew about the desks solution, but it's not quite what I am
looking for.

Steve
_______________________________ ._ o  ________________________________
//   Stephen Riehm             /  //\.        [email-masked]
\\\\ pc-plus                  '  \>> |         Phone: +49 89 45566 148
//// 81675 Munich, Germany        \\ `           Fax: +49 89 45566 113
  \\
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].