Subject: Re: FVWM: Fighting Emu3B (FvwmGeom)

From: Elad Eyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 23:38:38 +0300 (IDT)

Good morning,

> Subject: Re: FVWM: Fighting ChordMiddle (FvwmGeom)

Of course, I was talking about "Emulate 3-button mouse". That is, using a
both-mouse click to emulate the third, wretched, middle button. Not
ChordMiddle, which I have no idea what it is, anyway.

> I am not sure, as I have not read all of the pointer handling code, but I
> think that you are out of luck.
> 
> The ChordMiddle code is in a DDX module, Device Dependent X.  Before the X
> server even knows about it, it is already done.  There are no X callsthat
> will enable you to find out what you want.  As far as the clients are
> concerned, the X Server has a 3 button mouse that behaves in exactly the
> way that you have described.  Perhaps you could hack the X source code...

Yeah, sure. Programming the MicroSoft way, this is: To run app, change
OS. :-)

> There may be some call youcan make that is specific to XF86, but I do not
> know of it.

That's what I've hoped for. Have any addea where I could ask for this?

> This is not the definitive answer, as I am not sure, but usually when
> something like this comes up, it is better to re-structure the program so
> that it does not depend on the questionable behavior.
> 
> X does not deal well with multiple simultaneous mouse presses.

I'm not after multiple simultaneous  presses. On the contrary, I want it
out of my way. So much for Geom, as far as two-mouse-buttonns are
concerend. To use app, buy a mouse.

Thanks anyhow,
 _
(_  /  _    /          ( E-mail pigeons nest in binary trees )
(__/__(/\_(/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].