Subject: FVWM: Re: Fvwm and its own ColorMaps

From: Brian Sayatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:43:12 -0400

I was thinking about his.  I believe it owuld be useful to have a tool, similar
to 'xcolor' (a mosaic of all f the colors in the colormap) that when a color is
clicked, it would cycle that color through an eye catching predetermined
pattern, showing outisde of its window where that color had been used.  For
example, blicking on 'black' and all of the text in the Fvwm Menus and
ButtonBars, etc, would cycle colors indicating that they are e all using the
same color cell.  Is anything liek this available?  I'm going ot go out on a
limb and say this would be easy to write, even thoguh I have very limited X
experience in relation to colormaps.

Brian.

--
 ___________________________________________________________
|                                                           |
|  Brian Sayatovic                 (mailto:[email-masked])  |
| --------------------------------------------------------- |
|  International TechneGroup, Inc. (http://www.iti-oh.com)  |
|___________________________________________________________|

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:03:12 -0400

> experience in relation to colormaps.

Its already been  written and works  remarkably like you  describe.  I
have a copy, and  the comments indicate  the author is  Barry Solomon.
The program is called  "colormap".  I've had  trouble re-finding it on
the net, if  someone can find  it, let me know  where it is, as I have
some minor enhancements I'd like to give back to the author.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].