Subject: FVWM: Icon Editors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:36:29 -0500 (CDT)

I was wondering what programs most people on here use to edit their icons
and stuff for fvwm and where I could find them. Thanks.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "James R. R. Tullett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 10:39:21 +0100

> and stuff for fvwm and where I could find them. Thanks.

You need a pixmap editor that can process xpm files.

XPaint is OK for doing icons & stuff like that.  It can usually be
found on most Linux Distributions.  My local slackware mirror has it
at

ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/Linux/
  slackware-mirror/slakware/xap2/xpaint.tgz

It doesn't do transparent colour: (and arbitrarily assigns a colour to
the colour `None' in an xpm file).  It is not too difficult to work
around this; just annoying if you want to make up umpteen icons with
transparent backgrounds in a hurry.

Of course, there is always Xemacs... talk about using a 50 kilonewton
steam hammer to crack a peanut...
--
James <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:02:22 -0400

> found on most Linux Distributions.  My local slackware mirror has it

There is also a utility called pixmap, written especially for editing
and creating xpm pixmap icons. You can get this from

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/draw/pixmap-2.6p4.src.tgz

-- 
===========================================================
|                                                         |
|   David Jones          E-Mail:  [email-masked]     |
|   ===========                   [email-masked]   |
|                                                         |
|   Phone: 905-856-9172 (h)       PGP public key is       |
|          416-375-3492 (w)       available on request    |
|                                                         |
|   http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/davej                 |
|   http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/6313              |
|                                                         |
===========================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].