Subject: FVWM: Title Icons

From: Steven Taetzsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:56:43 -0400

I just tried out fvwm-2.0.46 with mini icons enabled. I can get mini
icons on my pop-up menus, but is there a way to get mini icons on the
winlist or in the FvwmTaskBar? I like having mini-icons on the
WinList. I think it makes it easier to find the application I'm
looking for. I use the Style "name" TitleIcon in fvwm95.

I don't follow this list so please e-mail me if you have any
suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Peter S Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:18:30 -0400

Steven Taetzsch wrote:

> I just tried out fvwm-2.0.46 with mini icons enabled.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.  I've been using fvwm95 for
about a year now, because I prefered the look of it (with mini-icons) in
comparison to the bland look of fvwm.  The mini-icons do make it much 
easier to identify things visually.

So what's the major difference with fvwm95 now?  
Has anyone made a pros and cons list of comparison?
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <[email-masked]>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
P.O. Box 1000, Mont-Joli Qc, G5H 3Z4 Canada  418-775-0852 - FAX 418-775-0546

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:44:24 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Steven Taetzsch wrote:

->I just tried out fvwm-2.0.46 with mini icons enabled. I can get mini
->icons on my pop-up menus, but is there a way to get mini icons on the
->winlist or in the FvwmTaskBar? I like having mini-icons on the
->WinList. I think it makes it easier to find the application I'm
->looking for. I use the Style "name" TitleIcon in fvwm95.
->

You should do 

Style "name" MiniIcon icon-name.xpm

in fvwm-2.0.46

->I don't follow this list so please e-mail me if you have any
->suggestions.
->

no problem.

->Thanks,
->

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "Alright! Let battle commence! Wine and ... 	|
|	     bananas! Bring on the dancing girls!"      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

---

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:23:07 +0100 (BST)

> Has anyone made a pros and cons list of comparison?

As far as I can see, the only thing I miss since switching from FVWM95 to
FVWM 2.0.45 is the taskbar.  I can run the taskbar with 2.0.45, but it
seems very slow and the time at the rightmost end flickers like crazy.

Apart from that, I'm glad to have a wildly different colour scheme than
FVWM95. :)

Andy 

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards.
I got a full house and four people died.
(Steven Wright)