Subject: FVWM: icons

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:14:02 +0100 (BST)

I finally have my fvwm2 (2.0.45) set up how I like, but now icons are
giving me problems.  Or more correctly, icon *placement*.

At the moment when I iconify an application, the icon is placed near the
minimize pixmap of the application.  What I want is for the icons to be
placed near the bottom of the screen, how do I do this?  I tried defining
an IconBox, but even after I'd done that they just kept iconifying in the
same places. 

Oh, and if there are any other interesting things that can be done with
icons, can someone tell me? (I hear all these things about IconBox,
FvwmIconMan, FvwmWharf and so on).

Thanks,
Andy 

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards.
I got a full house and four people died.
(Steven Wright)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 08:21:20 -0400

> an IconBox, but even after I'd done that they just kept iconifying in the

You  haven't shown us your icon  box definition.  If the definition of
the icon box  is faulty fvwm2 just  ignores the  definition and places
icons where it likes, as you describe.

The  definition must  specify the  upper right  corner, then the lower
left.  Without  the patch I've  submitted,  "-0" won't  work, use "-1"
instead.

If you like the lower right hand side of the screen,  here's the one I
use:

Style "*"           IconBox -80 240 -1 -1

> FvwmIconMan, FvwmWharf and so on).

Heres my config for the IconBox, it works, but I normally use the
builtin "Style Iconbox".

This is in the "Modules" menu:

+ "%mini.iconify.xpm%I&conBox" ConfigIconBox

AddToFunc ConfigIconBox "I" module FvwmIconBox
+                       "I" Style     "*"  NoIcon
+                       "I" Recapture

# Things not to put in the Icon Box:
*FvwmIconBox            "*clock*" -
*FvwmIconBox            "*XSysStats*" -

*FvwmIconBoxGeometry    2x6-1-1
*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 72x64
*FvwmIconBoxFont        9x15bold
*FvwmIconBoxPlacement   Top Left
# hidden scrollbar:
*FvwmIconBoxHideSC Vertical
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       1       Click           RaiseLower
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       1       DoubleClick     Iconify
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       2       Click           Iconify -1, Focus
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       3       Click           Module FvwmIdent
*FvwmIconBoxKey         r       RaiseLower
*FvwmIconBoxKey         space   Iconify -1, Focus, CursorMove 5 5
*FvwmIconBoxKey         d       Close
*FvwmIconBoxKey         n       Next
*FvwmIconBoxKey         Down       Next
*FvwmIconBoxKey         p       Prev
*FvwmIconBoxKey         Up       Prev
*FvwmIconBoxKey         h       Left
*FvwmIconBoxKey         j       Down
*FvwmIconBoxKey         k       Up
*FvwmIconBoxKey         l       Right
*FvwmIconBoxSetWMIconSize

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].