Subject: FVWM: xpdr and screendumps

From: Henry McNair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:44:26 -0700

I have two (simple, hopefully) questions. I am running fvwm-2.0.45
on HP workstation with HPUX 10.20.

1. Where can I get xpdr? Print choice on the window menu uses it.
   Is there something else I could use?

2. Is there a screedump command that will work in fvwm2?

Sincerely,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Henry McNair                               [email-masked]
Hewlett-Packard 
11000 Wolfe Road, MS-42U5                  (408)447-1967 - voice
Cupertino, CA 95014                        (408)447-4924 - FAX
-------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:58:25 -0700

Henry,

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:44:26 -0700
> From: Henry McNair <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FVWM: xpdr and screendumps
> 
> 

Your questions aren't relevant to fvwm (or any other window manager).
A window manager (as the name implies) manages your windows/desktop(s).

Place, Move, Resize, Icon/DeIcon, List, Po-pup Menus and start application.

You need to find xpdr/screedump for your platform. Try it on the
command line to see how it's working (from xterm) and when you
are happy with the command and its option add it to one of you menus.

I know I'm not answering your question (were to get tools for HPUX from)
but I hope you got a better view of what a window manager is.

Regards,
Yehuda.