Subject: FVWM: Buttons and Procmeter

From: Linux-Debian Team <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:19:28 +0200

I am very grateful to all suggestions about how to pop up 
an already open file. I found the best solution to be 
using Next built in function.
I found Next so useful that i decided to employ it to pop up
several 'labelled' or 'named' FvwmButtons from a Master bar.
All 'named' FvwmButtons are launched at start and then popped
up when needed. It would be better to start FvwmButton module
as icon; is it possible to start a module as icon?

Now i have a problem with FvwmButtons Sys, in which i would 
like to swallow several copies of the same application (procmeter) 
invoked with different options.
Procmeter can monitor system resources (cpu, disk usage and access,
swap rate, ram usage, network packet traffic) reporting data as
a time graph. 
Starting procmeter with different options you get a collection of 
plots that monitor the resources of your machine.
Unfortunately the window name in which procmeter is displayed 
does not depend on the chosen options, thus it is not possible to
tell FvwmButton which pre-existing procmeter aplication to swallow.
Even without the 'UseOld' option, the Swallow function seems
to be unable to embody into FvwmbuttonsSys the procmeter process
that has been executed; Swallow embodies the first procmeter that
it catches up. 
As a result, several graphs are not swallowed at all; they are  
left out, on the desktop; it seems that not every Swallow function, 
after procmeter has been executed, completes successfully.
Is there a way to solve this problem?
The best solution would be to change the window name of every 
procmeter application, but i think it is not possible.

Any comments will be appreciated

thank you

Paolo Pumilia

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].