Subject: FVWM: New FVWM config samples page

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 00:59:42 CDT

As promised, I've put together a page with a collection of various
fvwm2rc files with descriptions and screenshots.  Feel free to pay it a
visit, and send any comments, etc. my way, if you like.  Also, I'm still
soliciting contributions -- You'll find what I'm looking for on the
page.

THe URL is:  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/fvwm/

--chris.

--
--Chris Rode, [email-masked] - http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode
  Hardware Asset Mgmt IBM Rochester, 020-3 E409, (507) 253-4139 (Tie 3-4139).
"...And when you're living in America at the end of the millenium, you're 
    what you own..." -- Jonathan Larson, "RENT".
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 02:54:32 -0400 (EDT)

> THe URL is:  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/fvwm/

This is a really nice site :) I have to say that you've put together a
comprehensive set of configurations, once again, congrats :) However, I
have one suggestion... Can you specify that the last two config's (mine)
are actually scripts that should be run to build and install all the
necessary fvwm rc's and pixmaps... 

I'm saying this because people have asked me before to just show them the
rc files so they can see how I did stuff....

Otherwise, a beautiful site. :)
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: "L.P.Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 14:34:54 +0100 (BST)

> THe URL is:  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/fvwm/

A while ago Redhat ran a competition for the best desktop using FVWM and
others.  I downloaded many of them and I may still have them.  If you like
I can have a look for them and post them to you.

Paul
 
Llewelyn Paul Williams      [email-masked]
                            [email-masked]

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Aug 1997 09:34:07 -0700

> THe URL is:  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/fvwm/

Cool page.

Another suggestion: part the coolness with fvwm is the modules. And much of
the newbie problems I've seen comes from not know about some modules (like
FvwmPager) or not being able to understand everything that the module offers
(FvwmButtons or FvwmIconMan or FvwmM4 or ...). I think it would 
be cool if you could list for each config which modules it uses.

If you get enough config files, then it might be useful to even have the rc's
cross referenced by which fvwm features they use (clicktofocus, icons, xpm's,
gradients, funky M4 commands, etc). 

Once you have such a list, then the thing to do is solicit rc's which fill in
gaps. You should have at least one rc for every module and major fvwm
feature. 

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]