Subject: FVWM: Color Mapping and focus

From: Noel Yap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:37:19 -0400

Some of my applications have private color mappings.  I would like to
switch to their color mapping upon the window receiving focus, not when
the mouse moves over the window.  How do I do this?  Currently, focus is
set when I click the window.

Thanks,
Noel
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:45:41 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Noel Yap wrote:

->Some of my applications have private color mappings.  I would like to
->switch to their color mapping upon the window receiving focus, not when
->the mouse moves over the window.  How do I do this?  Currently, focus is
->set when I click the window.
->
->Thanks,
->Noel

This is a simple enough matter dealt with briefly in the man page.
(you may have overlooked it). Just change the line in your .fvwmrc
(or equivalent) that reads

ColormapFocus	FollowsMouse

to the following

ColormapFocus	FollowsFocus  

and then restart. 

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "As private parts to the Gods are we...		|
|	      they play with us for their sport!"	      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

---

From: Noel Yap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 07:38:27 -0400

> ColormapFocus   FollowsFocus

I just tried this.  It doesn't work.  Is this a fvwm-2.x thing?

Noel