Subject: FVWM: XForms: hide and show form

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:49:39 +0800 (GMT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Tristan Savatier wrote:

> I want to hide and then (later) show a form, at the very
> same place.
> 
> So I do:
> 	
> 	fl_hide_form(myform);
> 	...
> 	fl_show_form(myform, FL_PLACE_POSITION, FL_FULLBORDER, "my form");
> 
> And I do that same sequence several times.
> 
> Each time, the form reappears shifted by one pel toward the
> right and one pel toward the bottom from where it was before
> (i.e. it slowly drifts...).
> 
> Is that a bug ?
> 
> (Using 0.86, Xfree86 3.2, fvwm on Linux 2.0.27)

I think it's a problem within Fvwm. I have an application that constantly
hides and shows forms (popup icon menus). To prevent them from drifting
around (n.b. this problem also appears with the FvwmIconMan module and
some others) you can use fl_set_form_geometry() if you don't mind
overriding the WM's default window placement with your own "hard-wired"
one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Orlando Alcantara Andico
WWW:   http://www.dilnet.upd.edu.ph/~orly/   Email: [email-masked]
ICBM:  14 deg. 30' N, 120 deg. 59' E         POTS:  (+632) 932-2385
"violet serene like none I have seen apart from dreams, that escape
 me, there was no girl as warm as you."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].