Subject: FVWM: "-0" in geometry

From: Noel Yap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:11:57 -0400

I would like my FvwmPager to appear flush against the bottom right of my
screen but it seems that fvwm translates the "-0" as a "+0".  Does
anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Noel
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

> anyone know how to fix this?

well... +0+0 is upper left corner, and -0-0 is the lower right corner... 

(+0-0 should be lower left, and -0+0 upper right... if not, switch these
last two around).

I think the first number reffers to the # of X pixels. If it starts with a
+, the number represents the number of pixels the image starts from the
left... If it starts with -, the number represents the number of pixels
from the right. This is similar for the second number (the Y pixel
coordinate).
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:21:18 -0400 (EDT)

This is right, except that fvwm has historically (at least since
1.24something) had trouble with `-0-0' and such geometries.  You should
use `-1-1' instead (or `+1-1' (lower left) or `-1+1' (upper right)).

--jim

############### jim knoble ######## [email-masked] #################

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Kendrick Vargas wrote:

: On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Noel Yap wrote:
: 
: > I would like my FvwmPager to appear flush against the bottom right of my
: > screen but it seems that fvwm translates the "-0" as a "+0".  Does
: > anyone know how to fix this?
: 
: well... +0+0 is upper left corner, and -0-0 is the lower right corner... 
: 
: (+0-0 should be lower left, and -0+0 upper right... if not, switch these
: last two around).

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:00:24 -0400 (EDT)

> use `-1-1' instead (or `+1-1' (lower left) or `-1+1' (upper right)).

heheh .. oops :) I did not know this... oh well... I thought the prob was
that the poster was specifying -1 instead of +0-1 :)
			-peace