Subject: FVWM: Switch pages..

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:25:32 +0200

Hi.
If you have a maximized Netscape (covers the entire screen), fvwm2 has
trouble switching virtual pages by hitting the edge with the mouse.
If you move the window one pixel, it can switch directly.

I can't get it to happen on any other app than netscape, but the WM should
know where the mouse is, even if netscape is under it...

Fvwm 2.0.46 ('45 as well), Linux 2.0.29, XFree 3.3 (the same with 3.2)
Netscape 4.02b7 and 3.01

/Tomas
-- 
,oOo------------------------------- - -  -
| Tomas Ögren, [email-masked]
| http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
o-------------------------- - -  -
| o Student of Computer Engineering
|   at the University of Umeå
| o Admin at ing.umu.se
`o------------------------------- - -  -
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

I think that the problem may be Netscape's.  I have a double headed Sun,
and I cannot switch heads if Netscape covers the boundary pixel.  That is,
if I run Netscape on the left monitor, and maximize it vertically, so that
it is against the right edge of the screen, I can no longer move the
cursor to the right monitor.  This has nothing to do with the desktop code
for the wm.

'Course I have not tried to do this with any other wm.  (What am I going
to use, CDE?)  

ericb