Subject: FVWM: Vanishing Icons

From: Brian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 9:00:52 +0930

I have a strange problem with a few applications.  When I iconize them,
the icon pixmap does not appear (although the text label does still).

I have the following line in my .fvwmrc:

Style "*"           Icon unknown1.xpm

This works fine to catch all (or almost all!) unknown applications.  After
that I have a number of "Style" statements for various applications.  Most
work perfectly.

For a few applications, though, this causes the icon pixmap to not appear.
For example (for Andrew applications):

Style "atk"            Icon andrew.xpm

This pixmap is definately available, readable, valid, in the path, etc.

Even if I change this to:

Style "atk"            Icon unknown1.xpm

I get the same result!

Another problem application is Mosaic.  I can't even get the default
"unknown" pixmap for this.

Has anyone else seen this, or got a fix?  Or is it something I am doing
wrong?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Brian Schroeder              |
 ,-_|\     [email-masked]           |  It's not what you stand for that
/     \    Boral Energy Resources Ltd  |   makes life difficult, but what
\_,-*_/    Adelaide Australia          |            you fall for.
     v     GPO Box 2576 Adelaide 5001  |               _  _  _
          PH +61 8 8235 3782           |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].