Subject: FVWM: problems with geometry settings in fvwm

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Riehm)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:39:34 +0200 (MEZ)

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get a 'position aware' program to work for a while
now, and one big problem that I have is that in fvwm, the geometry set
by an application is NOT the geometry the application get's back when
it asks for it's current position. This leads to window which 'wander
about' - normally in a north-west direction

I decided to noodle around in the source, and I found the following in
placement.c:

void GetGravityOffsets (FvwmWindow *tmp,int *xp,int *yp)
{
  static struct _gravity_offset gravity_offsets[11] = 
  {
    {  0,  0 },                 /* ForgetGravity */
    { -1, -1 },                 /* NorthWestGravity */
    {  0, -1 },                 /* NorthGravity */
    {  1, -1 },                 /* NorthEastGravity */
    { -1,  0 },                 /* WestGravity */
    {  0,  0 },                 /* CenterGravity */
    {  1,  0 },                 /* EastGravity */
    { -1,  1 },                 /* SouthWestGravity */
    {  0,  1 },                 /* SouthGravity */
    {  1,  1 },                 /* SouthEastGravity */
    {  0,  0 },                 /* StaticGravity */
  };

The default gravity seems to be NorthWestGravity, which is -1, -1
which also matches the effect that I'm getting (ie: the reported geom
is -1,-1 offset from the geometry set). Is it possible to set the
gravity to ForgetGravity, or do we really need this kind of hack
anyway?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
_______________________________ ._ o  ________________________________
//   Stephen Riehm             /  //\.        [email-masked]
\\\\ pc-plus                  '  \>> |         Phone: +49 89 45566 148
//// 81675 Munich, Germany        \\ `           Fax: +49 89 45566 113
  \\
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].