Subject: FVWM: Missing xlock program

From: John Culleton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:01:26 -0400

Recently I switched to XFree86 from Metro-X on a RedHat Linux system.
Now the automatic screensaver doesn't work. I don't seem to have xlock
on my system any more. I saved everything in /usr/X11R6.

What's the easiest way to get a copy of xlock? alternatively is there
another screensaver package I can use?

I use the latest build of fvwm2.

John Culleton
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Knoble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:05:47 -0400 (EDT)

Not sure what you mean by saving everything under /usr/X11R6/; to
install Metro-X, all you need to do is:

    su
    mount /mnt/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS
    rpm -Uvh metroess*.rpm

You may need to use '--force' to override some file conflicts
depending on what version of Red Hat Linux you have.  If that's not
what you did, you may need to undo what you did and then reinstall
Metro-X as above.

To find out if xlock is installed on your system:

    rpm -qa | grep xlock

Note that the 'xlock' executable is in the 'xlockmore' package, so
'rpm -q xlock' won't work.

To install it if its not:

    su
    mount /mnt/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS
    rpm -Uvh xlockmore*.rpm

--jim

############### jim knoble ######## [email-masked] #################

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, John Culleton wrote:

: Recently I switched to XFree86 from Metro-X on a RedHat Linux system.
: Now the automatic screensaver doesn't work. I don't seem to have xlock
: on my system any more. I saved everything in /usr/X11R6.
: 
: What's the easiest way to get a copy of xlock? alternatively is there
: another screensaver package I can use?
: 
: I use the latest build of fvwm2.
: 
: John Culleton
: [email-masked]
: --
: Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
: To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
: message to [email-masked].
: To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
: