Subject: FVWM: v2.0.45: Next [*] Focus fails with certain windows

From: Robert Bihlmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Jul 1997 22:04:50 +0200

Hi,

the "Next [*] Focus" command fails if the next window is one that
doesn't want the keyboard focus (xload, for example). This window is
not focused (this is right), but the focus is not changed at all
(which is wrong). As I use this command fairly often, it "halting" at
any unfocusable window is quite disturbing.

These windows should be skipped. The cleanest way would probably be a
"Focusable" attribute (akin to "iconic" or "CurrentDesk") which one
could search for. So

	Next [* CurrentDesk] Focus

would have to become

	Next [* Focusable CurrentDesk] Focus

cu,

	Robbe

-- 
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<[email-masked]>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:28:50 +0100 (BST)

> "Focusable" attribute (akin to "iconic" or "CurrentDesk") which one
I think what you want is "Style blah-blah CirculateSkip" which will cause the 
Next and previous functions to skip over.   There is a corresponding flag for 
icons: CirculateSkipIcon that is useful when you're doing "Next [iconic ...]"

Cheers,
Tim.