Subject: FVWM: rcs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:12:34 -0500 (CDT)

The current site at best.com has gone down for some strange reason and there are currently no places hosting fvwmrc's, atleast officially.  I would offer to, but I will be unable to until this september, and then I couldn't guarantee that they would be up 24/7.  If someone has an archive let me know, I need some fvwm2rc's to look at for generating my own.  

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:37:16 CDT

[email-masked] writes:

} The current site at best.com has gone down for some strange reason and there 
} are currently no places hosting fvwmrc's, atleast officially.  I would offer 
} to, but I will be unable to until this september, and then I couldn't guarant
} ee that they would be up 24/7.  If someone has an archive let me know, I need
}  some fvwm2rc's to look at for generating my own.  

i may regret doing this, but i'll volunteer to put up a site with
example rc's.  however, i don't have a collection of them, so i'll need
some to get something started.  so, if you have an rc file, you'd like
to share with the world, send it my way, along with a short description,
and if you feel really ambitious, a screenshot, and i'll try and whip
something together this weekend, if there's interest for this sort of
thing...

--chris.

--
--Chris Rode, [email-masked] - http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode
  Hardware Asset Mgmt IBM Rochester, 020-3 E409, (507) 253-4139 (Tie 3-4139).
"...And when you're living in America at the end of the millenium, you're 
    what you own..." -- Jonathan Larson, "RENT".
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 00:14:31 -0400 (EDT)

> something together this weekend, if there's interest for this sort of

Well, if it interests anyone, I have a page where I list two of my setups
at:

	http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~kvarga01/computind/linux

You can put a link to this page wherever you want. I don't know that I
would want to host any other RC's. 

The pages include an install script that actually builds a working fvwm2rc
for you, as well as the two RC's and pictures of the setup. Enjoy.
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: "Erwin J. van Eijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:10:04 +0200

>The current site at best.com has gone down for some strange reason
>and there are currently no places hosting fvwmrc's, atleast
>officially.  I would offer to, but I will be unable to until this
>september, and then I couldn't guarantee that they would be up 24/7.
>If someone has an archive let me know, I need some fvwm2rc's to look
>at for generating my own.

I have made a quick and dirty sample page, but it also includes the
sample fvwm2rc's from the official site (luckily I still had them
around)

I can leave them at this place for a long while, so that shouldn't be
a problem.

Oh right where: http://www.huygens.org/~eijk/fvwm2rc/

So long,
EJ
--
+--------------------+
| Erwin J.  van Eijk | Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism
| [email-masked]       | We are the vandals
+--------------------+          - Type O Negative
Due to severe RSI I'm currently slow or non-responding to email.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:58:31 +0100 (BST)

> The current site at best.com has gone down for some strange reason and there are currently no places hosting fvwmrc's, atleast officially.  I would offer to, but I will be unable to until this sept…

I have a fair bit of web space free, that is visible 24/7.  I will get
some mirroring scripts working and try mirroring all the FVWM stuff I
find.  At least it will be faster for UK people. :)

I'll let you know.

Andy