Subject: FVWM: X-Win crash after mem upgrade ..

From: Gerramie Dinsel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 15:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone experienced crashes from X-Windows FVWM2 after upgrading
memory? I am not sure if this is a hardware related problem (all mem
checks work fine) or a config problem (XDM runs fine, though).

My situation is: Upgraded mem from 16 megs to 48. Upon logging in,
X-Windows halts, the system halts.. power down is the only solution. I'm
grasping at straws to determine _why_ this isn't working.

Please, any advice is welcomed. Send a CC: to me, not just the mailing
list.

+g

	+===================+++===================+
	 Please keep all direct replies to:	      
		            [email-masked]
	+===================+++===================+

Your fortune for the day (Generated by the BSD-Games fortune):

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, simulate.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jay Kuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:26:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I have been using Fvwm 2.0.45 for a while now.  I use a pixmap title-bar
and pixmap buttons (which are set to flat)...  My question is this:

Since I use a pixmap title-bar.. I would like my buttons to appear over
the same background pixmap that is on the title-bar.  So far, I believe
the only way to accomplish this is to set the buttonstyle to my
title-bar's pixmap and then AddButtonStyle my (semi-transparent)
button-pixmaps.  The only problem with this is that the
background pattern re-starts on each button.  

Is there any way to avoid drawing the button's background pixmap... so
that the pixmaps for the buttons will just be drawn over the title-bar's
pixmap?  (rather than grabbing it and drawing the beginning of the pixmap
again)

If the only way to get this to work is by modifying the code... could
someone give me a tip or two on where to go? (I gather that it's in
borders.c) [specifically, how to get the buttons not to draw a
background...]

Any help would be appreciated,

Jay