Subject: FVWM: Mail indicator revisited

From: David Oberschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:04:19 +0200

Dear all,

I still have problems with my mail indicator. It only reacts if mail is
sent directly to my machine. However, all incoming messages are routed
to our mailserver. In which configuration file is the relevant
mailserver IP address set? Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

David O.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

> mailserver IP address set? Thanks a lot for your help!

Ummm... You are going to need a biff which can excecute a command when
it's clicked on (or as an automatic every 10 minutes thing). I would
suggest looking into asmail (you can prolly find it from the afterstep ftp
site ... home page @ http://afterstep.edoc.com). This is all I can
suggest. I think they suggested running a script that would copy over or
retrieve all the mail to a local directory every time it's invoked.
Well... good luck :)
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+