Subject: FVWM: FvwmCommand 1.4

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:15:07 -0600 (MDT)

Here is the new FvwmCommand. Bug fix and enhancement is done over
1.3 which was posted on fvwm-worker list a few weeks ago.

gunzip and tar at fvwm/extras directory and xmkmf, make, make install
as usual.

The below is copy of README file

FvwmCommand is an interface to send commands to Fvwm 
from processes which are not Fvwm modules.

Version 1.4

- Returns error messages and Fvwm window transaction. Its output can
  be used for scripts.

- Uses fifo instead of inet port. Multiple users can use FvwmCommand
  without interference. Also multiple FvwmCommands can be used for
  background jobs.

- Exits cleaner. It erases files it creates.

Examples

  test1.pl      - takes 1 argument  't' to invoke FvwmTalk
                                    'td'  to kill FvwmTalk
                                    ''  to move windows
  test2.sh      - takes 1 argument  'b'  to invoke FvwmButtons
                                    'kb' to kill FvwmButtons
                                    'r'  to change # of button rows
                                    'c'  to change # of button columns
  ex-auto.pl    - auto raise small windows. It will keep them visible.
  ex-cascade.pl - cascade windows, then move them back.
  ex-grpmv.pl   - choose a group of windows to move together.

  Above examples are not meant to be practical but to show how it can
  be done.

  focus-Netscape.pl  
      Focuses pop-up windows, such as 'open URL' or 'find' whenever 
      opened up. This let the user to type in immediately without 
      moving mouse. This script also moves 'download' window to the 
      right edge to keep it visible. If this is invoked from 
      .fvwm2rc, use as:

          AddToFunc "InitFunction" "I" Exec $HOME/scripts/focus-Netscape.pl &

  push-away.pl <direction> <window name>
      Pushes windows away to avoid overlapping. use as:

          push-away.pl up 'Fvwm Pager' &

Your comments will be appreciated.

Toshi Isogai  
              [email-masked]

July 19 '97

-----------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai    �볭����

[email-masked]       Home of Enshin Karate