Subject: FVWM: Mail icon

From: David Oberschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:49:00 +0200

Dear all,

I have installed FVWM from a Redhat Linux CD. Everything works fine, but
I am not signalled when a mail message arrives. My friends get a little
envelope in the lower right corner of the screen (this isn't xbiff, it's
in the FVWM bar). I want that too! Could you please help me? Thanks!

Best,

David
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gary Sargent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:38:09 +0100

Sounds like you have plain 'fvwm', either versions 1 or 2.

The version with the task bar is fvwm95 which provides a windows 95 type
interface with a taskbar and start menu etc.

It may well be on the same CD (I seem to remember my friends Slackware
compilation had fvwm1, fvwm2, AND fvwm95 on). Personally I found fvwm95
a little unstable though, and if you want the latest fvwm functionality
its best to stick with version 2.

Gary.