Subject: FVWM: background image on root window

From: cron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 00:37:10 -0400

Hi all

I found an image I wash to use for the root background.
I didn't find anything in the man page - did I miss it?
Is this possible??

Thanks.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 01:47:59 -0400 (EDT)

> I didn't find anything in the man page - did I miss it?

Look through the man page and look for "InitFunction" ... In that
function, you can place the command to place an image in the background.
If the image is an xpm, you can use the program xpmroot (should have came
with fvwm). Otherwise, you can use xv (xv -root -quit <filename>) ... 
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+