Subject: FVWM: How to see the color in FVWM?

From: Yau Shing Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:42:33 CDT

Hi,

I know that we put those color code in fvwmrc like #xxxxxx.
I wonder which software I can use to preview those color 
instead of restarting fvwm all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Lyman

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rob Lowrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 19:00:59 -0600 (MDT)

> instead of restarting fvwm all the time.

It's really for web page designs, but I like

http://www.goodnet.com/~haless/ColorJive.html

-Rob

---

From: eyal elad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 12:41:38 +0300 (IDT)

Good morning,

> instead of restarting fvwm all the time.

Best of all: Use FvwmTalk or FvwmConsole or FvwmCommand to change the
style, and then run the fvwm command "Recapture". Alot faster than
restarting.

 _
(_  /  _    /          ( E-mail pigeons nest in binary trees )
(__/__(/\_(/	http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~elad

---

From: "James R. R. Tullett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:15:23 +0100

Lyman,

The Tcl/Tk package from Sun has a handy little mini-application in it
called `tcolor'.  It's probably in a directory like
/usr/lib/tk4.1/demos.  If you have a commercial U**x, it may well be
on /opt or /usr/local instead.

You can preview colors quite well.  The application also reads the
rgb.txt database distributed with X11, so you can also find out what
CornflowerBlue looks like on your display.  By default, the
application starts up in H-S-V mode.  Use the Menu to change to R-G-B
mode. 

Once you find a colour that you like, find the label that contains the
colour spec, and copy this colour code into the appropriate place in
your .fvwmrc using your editor of choice.

You can also use  these colournames in fvwm! You may well find that
Gray50 is easier to understand than, say #7f7c7f7c7f7c.

 > instead of restarting fvwm all the time.
Have fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Tullett <[email-masked]> + Trite saying under development.
                                          +
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Rylander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:06:48 -0400

xcolorsel is pretty neat for this.  It comes with RedHat and must be
at sunsite.

--
Brad