Subject: Re: FVWM: Like RATS

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:33:10 +0100 (BST)

> 
> (I've been taking a non-commercial approach to life for a while...  Being
>  young and intentionally single, I'm entirely happy with this approach.
>  It's nice to have sex in the middle of the day in the middle of the week,
>  and my cat makes for a more peaceful work environment than the bozo on the
>  phone in the next cubicle.  When I'm contracting again, I'll be generous
>  again.)
>
I don't care to know how often you have sex with your cat thank you!
 
> But this is getting entirely too personal, Richard, don't you think?

Way too nasty.  Chill pills all around.

Stig, you're being naughty and winding people up.  I don't think you are going 
to be happy using Fvwm, it won't move fast enough for you and it will go in the 
direction dictated by the providers of patches and the benevolent dictator 
Chuck.

I really don't want to tell you what to do but if I were you I would try hacking 
Enlightenament to get the functionality you miss from Fvwm.  For me the great 
feature of Fvwm is the module interface.  It is possible to write a module that 
runs on a different host to the manager (I haven't thought of a reason for doing 
so yet) and I can't see any other WM getting close to this flexibility.

As for your assertion that nothing is happening to Fvwm: wake up and smell the 
modules!  Right now FvwmFocus is being specified (see "Better integration*") 
which means Focus policy is being devolved from the WM to the modules.  Window 
decoration may be the next which would leave FVWM doing exactly what it should 
be doing: managing windows.

Regards,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].