Subject: FVWM: Bug using keyboard shortcuts after window removes itself

From: Kurt Swanson <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jul 1997 10:49:01 +0200

I noticed a bug in which keyboard shorcuts do not function directly
after a window kills itself.  The keys are ignored until the mouse
crosses another window boundary, when they work as normal.  I.e. I
use:

  # Arrow Keys
  # press arrow in the root window, and scroll by 1 page
  Key Left        R       A       Scroll -100 0
  Key Right       R       A       Scroll +100 +0
  Key Up          R       A       Scroll +0   -100
  Key Down        R       A       Scroll +0   +100

  # press arrow + meta anywhere, and scroll by 1 page
  Key Left        A       M       Scroll -100 0
  Key Right       A       M       Scroll +100 +0
  Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -100
  Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0   +100

and then exit say, netscape, via netscape's own menu.  The mouse is
now over the root window, and none of the 8 shortcuts above work.  I
now move the mouse in & out of an xterm, and all is well.

[Did not find any mention of similar bug in bug list, todo list, or
any fvwm2 homepage.  Applies to 2.0.43 & 2.0.45, Sun solaris, and
Linux x-free86.  Any further questions should be directed explicitly
to me, as I am not a list member.]
-- 
Kurt Swanson, Department of Computer Science, Lund University.
[email-masked] (http://www.dna.lth.se/home/kurt/)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].