Subject: FVWM: Swallow problem

From: Stefano Brozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 09:17:33 +0200

Hi all,

Why this should't work ? (Fvwm 2.0.45)

*FvwmButtons(Swallow asclock "exec asclock&" \
        Action "Exec plan &")

The asclock is swallowed, but no action is done on click.
The button doesn't even move. No error is displayed in console.
I've read FAQ, FvwmButtons TODO, BUGS, README, man pages but I cannot
get it work.
Well, obviously asclock and plan are valid executable filenames ;)
Let me know

        Have a nice day
                Stefano

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jul 1997 16:04:33 +0200

>>>>> Stefano Brozzi writes:

  Stefano> Hi all,
  Stefano> Why this should't work ? (Fvwm 2.0.45)

  Stefano> *FvwmButtons(Swallow asclock "exec asclock&" \
  Stefano>         Action "Exec plan &")

  Stefano> The asclock is swallowed, but no action is done on click.

When you have a swallowed app in a button, the click is *always*
passed on to the application.  IMHO this is a misfeature.

A measly workaround is to provide the button with a title, then
clicking on the title executes the action (runs plan, in your case).

hth,
kai
-- 
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)

---

From: [email-masked] (Igor Vaysenberg)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:14:10 +0000

Hi!

Here is my working configuration example:

*FvwmButtons( Size 60 56, Swallow(UseOld) "asclock" "Exec asclock -led
PaleGreen -exe 'bin/FvwmCommand \"Next [plan] Iconify -1 WarpToWindow 10 10\"'
-12 -shape")

On click it's deiconize plan.

On Jul 2,  5:07pm, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> Subject: Re: FVWM: Swallow problem
>>>>>>> Stefano Brozzi writes:
>>
>>  Stefano> Hi all,
>-- End of excerpt from Kai Grossjohann

-- 
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Igor Vaysenberg                    | Motorola Israel Ltd.          |
|   phone: +972-3-565-9849 (office)  | Cellular Software Engineering |
|          +972-3-961-7155 (home)    | 3 Kremenetski St.             |
|     fax: +972-3-565-8424           | Tel-Aviv 67899                |
|  e-mail: [email-masked] | Israel                        |
|        : [email-masked]      |                               |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
Question:
Man Invented Alcohol,
God Invented Grass.
Who do you trust?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].