Subject: FVWM: Raising a specific window with a key press.

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:18:06 +0100 (BST)

I was wondering if it is possible to define a function that will
de-iconify/raise/focus a specific window, so that I can assign it to a
spare key.

Specifically, I want to define a function so that when I hit F22 the
Pine window in the corner pops up. But only the Pine window, and
without using the mouse.

I just flipped through the manual, but couldn't work out how to get
started...

cheers

Martin

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "As private parts to the Gods are we...		|
|	      they play with us for their sport!"	      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: H}vard Fosseng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:40:08 +0200 (MET DST)

> de-iconify/raise/focus a specific window, so that I can assign it to a

I use the following:

   AddToFunc Warp	I Next [$0] Iconify -1
   +			I Next [$0] Focus
   
   Key d	A  3	Warp	xdvi
   Key g	A  3	Warp	ghostview

This makes use of Next's ability to match a window name against the
window's name, class and resource when figuring out which window the
command should apply to.

- Håvard Fosseng