Subject: FVWM: hpc.uh ftp server is down ?

From: [email-masked] (Quoc Duong)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 08:18:34 -0400

Hi,

I try to connect to: ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm  server from the FVWM
official web page to get the version 2.xxx.  But I couldn't.  I would like
to know if that server is down ?  are there others servers that I can get
the fvwm version 2.xxx ??

Thank you,

Quoc.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jun 1997 17:52:36 -0500

>>>>> "QD" == Quoc Duong <[email-masked]> writes:

QD> I try to connect to: ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm server from the
QD> FVWM official web page to get the version 2.xxx.  But I couldn't.

I find that odd, considering that ftp.hpc.uh.edu is the same machine that
served the web page to you, and the same machine that delivered your mail
to everyone.

The problem is that your DNS servers are messed up, so that your hostname
doesn't exist.  Actually name resolution just hangs until it times out.
You might want to fix that.

 - J<