Subject: FVWM: menus don't activate xterms or mxterms?

From: Carlie Coats <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:27:05 -0400

Problem:  When I'm running fvwm2 as _me_, using the resource files that 
came with the distribution, the menu items that relate to Xterms and 
NXterms appear on the menus, but don't activate anything.  (But when
I'm running as "root", they work.  In both cases, I'm using system
resource files rather than resource files that I've customized (no ".fvwm*"
in the home directories, but rather running from "/etc/X11/TheNex*/.fvwm2rc*".
Looking at paths both as "root" and as "coats", it doesn't look as though that
should be the problem.

I have tried to customize the resource files to some extent, but the 
problem persists when I go back to the originals (which I carefully
saved read-only copies of as ".fvwm2rc.*.orig".)

The problem appeared after a power outage last night (when I was logged
in as root, had tried to add some customization to the system ".fvwm2rc.*", 
and then was in the process of building "g77" that I had just down-loaded; 
I don't know whether that might have anything to do with it or not.

As I understand it, if an app is "not there", it doesn't appear on the 
menus (but does that apply to "new shell" or to "root shell" in the
distributed resource files?).  Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks!

Discalimer:  I've been around unix a long time (as a user) but I'm new at 
^^^^^^^^^^   linux and at fvwm.  I'm running fvwm2 from the RedHat4.1 
     |       distribution on a Micron PPro200 at home.  Right now I'm at
     |       the office, on a Sun SPARC10.
     |
     -- also, I can.t seem to spell, today, either.

					         [email-masked]
Carlie J. Coats, Jr.                                   [email-masked]
MCNC Environmental Programs                      phone: (919)248-9241
North Carolina Supercomputing Center               fax: (919)248-9245
3021 Cornwallis Road                                  P. O. Box 12889
Research Triangle Park, N. C.  27709-2889                         USA
"My opinions are my own, and I've got *lots* of them!"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].