Subject: FVWM: FvwmWinList from a TCL script ?!

From: Adam Kopacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 22:19:29 +0200

Hi,

i want to see the WindowList when i click my tcl-clock.. this clock is a shallow module in
FvwmButtons.. but i get the error:

*FvwmWinList Version 2.0.43 should only be executed by fvwm!

please heeeeelp me.. :)

-- 
Bye,  
    Adam Kopacz      http://www.rat.de/Adam

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Larry Gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

> *FvwmWinList Version 2.0.43 should only be executed by fvwm!

Get fvwm 2.0.45, build it, and go into the "extras" directory and build
FvwmCommand.  This is a server/client module that allows you to send
commands to fvwm from shell scripts (or other programs).  With this,
you could use the following in tcl script:

	exec FvwmCommand {Module FvwmList}

to start up that module.

-- 
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

     "Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes."