Subject: FVWM: fvwm code request(idea)

From: Jeremy Dinsel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:20:04 -0400 (EDT)

I'm constantly pushing and pulling windows around and a thought had come
while doing so, recently. Since I am not a proficient coder yet, perhaps
one of the fvwm developers would care to adopt my idea--friction/slide; a
realistic way to "throw" a window.

For instance, I wish to take a window in screen A and move it to screen B
(to clear up clutter).. I drag the window and let go of the moose button
while it is still moving..moments later, it slows down and stops (as any
ordinary element would when obstructed by friction).

If this sounds wack.. It probably is. Is there a way to make a window move
to another screen easier than moving it, changing screens, moving it..?

--
Jeremy Dinsel
   Cal U Math and Computer
       Science World Wide Web 
  	   System Administrator

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Maverick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:49:31 -0500 (CDT)

> to another screen easier than moving it, changing screens, moving it..?
You can move a window to another desk by middle (both if you only have two muttons)
clicking its window in the pager and dragging it to the desk that you want.

I tend to use WindowShade as a clutter reducer.  That might also have the
desired net effect.

============================================================================== 
                                 /\/\averick 
                  "Guardian Angel Dust In The Wind Cries Mary"
                        http://www.mtsu.edu/~csci0004/
==============================================================================

---

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:27:31 -0400 (EDT)

: For instance, I wish to take a window in screen A and move it to
: screen B (to clear up clutter).. I drag the window and let go of the
: moose button while it is still moving..moments later, it slows down
: and stops (as any ordinary element would when obstructed by
: friction).

This is a neat idea.  There are times when a window is in my way, and
I want it somewhere else - over there to the right, say - but I don't
really care exactly where.  I click, I toss, it moves and glides to
halt as I bring into focus the window underneath.

Gives a new meaning to "throwing an xterm," too.

Bill
-- 
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : [email-masked] : Caveat lector.
http://www.vex.net/~buff/        <-- Anything on io.org is toast.

---

From: Stig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:37:54 -0700

> clicking its window in the pager and dragging it to the desk that you want.

It would be quite a good thing, too, if the window could be dragged from the
screen into the pager.

And, as a sideline, does anyone know of a 5-button moose with a documented
protocol?  I have a Mouse Systems ProAgio, but those idiots won't release
any programming information on it and I just don't much feel like reverse
engineering it.  Three buttons is never enough!

    Stig

---

From: Mark Krischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:21:18 -0400

Stig wrote:
> And, as a sideline, does anyone know of a 5-button moose with a > documented protocol?

ah yes... the rare 5-button moose found only in the forests of the
canadian rockies.  a rare creature with no natural enemies, save one...
MAN!

:)

--mark