Subject: FVWM: Execution of Module failed, permission denied

From: "Scott D. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:35:13 -0400

I just downloaded and compiled (with only a few problems) fvwm-2.0.45
under Solaris 2.5.1 on a SPARC.  I installed in under
/third/fvwm-2.0.45/

A friend had downloaded the xpm bitmaps, so I copied his and put them into
a directory called fred in the fvwm directory.

I copied the system.fvwm2rc-sample-1 to my home directory and modified
just three lines:

ModulePath /third/fvwm-2.0.45/modules
PixmapPath /third/fvwm-2.0.45/fred/xpm3icons/
IconPath   /third/fvwm-2.0.45/fred/xpm3icons/

In my error logfile, I see:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed: /third/fvwm-2.0.45/modules/FvwmButtons
Permission denied
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed: /third/fvwm-2.0.45/modules/FvwmPager
Permission denied

The first error message is, I think, caused by the automatic loading of
the FvwmButtons modules by the following line of the .fvwm2rc:

AddToFunc InitFunction 	  "I" Module FvwmButtons
+			  "I" exec xsetroot -mod 2 2 -fg \#554055 -bg \#705070

The second was caused by me using the modules submenu under the utilities
menu to try to bring up the Pager.

I looked through the FAQ (nothing) the man page (nothing) and searched the
mail archives.  There, I got a dozen hits, but they were all the same:

> very old parsing bug.
> consistent use of GetNextToken or some such should root this out.

> (it's a string consisting of just a tab or space which is thought to be a
> command or module. Execution has to fail.)

There was another, even older, that talked about the syntax of the menu
definition being wrong, but, since I'm using the sample .fvwm2rc, I don't
think that would be the error.

The permissions on all the files and directories under /third/fvwm-2.0.45
is rwxr-xr-x.

I can't think of anything else to try.  Can someone help?  I'd really like
to have a Pager.

Thanks,

Scott
-- 
Scott D. Anderson
Spelman College, Atlanta, Georgia
[email-masked]
http://www.spelman.edu/~anderson/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].