Subject: FVWM: Max 50 functions/popups?

From: Matias Bjarland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:01:56 +0200

I work at a large corporation and have tried to convert their
Huge olwm root-menus to fvwm (olwm sucks). Everything went well 
until I started getting error messages like:

Popup/Function Matlab ignored, you have more than 50 

I get lots of these every time I restart fvwm. My questions is: 
1. Is there a way to get around the max 50 limit without recompiling 
fvwm from source?
2. If not, what do I have to do to recompile fvwm.

Thanks in advance for fast answers.
Matias Bjarland
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:24:56 -0400

>>>>> "Matias" == Matias Bjarland <[email-masked]> writes:

Matias> I work at a large corporation and have tried to convert their
Matias> Huge olwm root-menus to fvwm (olwm sucks). Everything went well
Matias> until I started getting error messages like:

Matias> Popup/Function Matlab ignored, you have more than 50

Matias> I get lots of these every time I restart fvwm. My questions is:
Matias> 1. Is there a way to get around the max 50 limit without recompiling
Matias> fvwm from source?
Matias> 2. If not, what do I have to do to recompile fvwm.

This limit is in fvwm version 1.xx only (2.xx doesn't have any limit
like this).

You would have to recompile 1.xx to get around it (look in the
README.Install file for instructions).  Look in menus.h for the
MAXPOPUPS define and make it bigger (say 200).  Or switch to version
2.xx (it is still in beta but more than stable enough to use).

If you do switch to the latest 2.xx beta (2.0.45 right now but 2.0.46
will be out as soon as I actually get a chance to do some more work on
it), the syntax of the rc file has changed.  There is a script in the
tar file that may help you do the conversions.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin C Sweitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:42:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.

I am attemptting to install 2.0.45 in AIX 4.1  I am having the following
problems:

I can't get the installer to work.  I keep getting the sub directory
type mismatch from this entry in Imakefile
 
MakeSubdirs($(SUBDIRS))

and this is the actuall commands that are being issued.
 
# xmkmf
mv Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/lib/X11/config
"./Imakefile", line 51: warning: NamedTargetSubdirs: argument mismatch

msew

---

From: "Cloyce D. Spradling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:43:48 -0500

On Thu, Jun 12, 1997 at 03:42:50PM -0400, Martin C Sweitzer wrote:
: I am attemptting to install 2.0.45 in AIX 4.1  I am having the following
: problems:

It would be helpful if you'd mention when subversion of AIX 4.1 you're
using.

: I can't get the installer to work.  I keep getting the sub directory
: type mismatch from this entry in Imakefile
:  
: MakeSubdirs($(SUBDIRS))

Hmm...FWIW, the only patchlet that I had to use under 4.1.5 to get it to work
was

 #endif /* InstallNamedNonExec() */
 
-#ifndef InstallNonExecFile()
+#ifndef InstallNonExecFile
 #define InstallNonExecFile(file,dest) InstallNonExec(file,dest)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

--
Cloyce D. Spradling
[email-masked]            Standard disclaimers apply, I guess.