Subject: FVWM: passing mouse clicks through to apps

From: Zachariah Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:48:43 -0700

I want to have something like this in my .fvwm2rc:
  Mouse 1 WTSF    A      Raise
except for the obvious problem that when I have this and I click on the window,
  it is indeed raised, but I can't click on buttons/links/whatever that's in 
the
  window.
Is there a way for fvwm to interpret the mouse down, but also pass it to the
  application?  So that if my Netscape window is visible but not on top, and I
  press a button on it with my mouse, it is raised and the button is pressed as
  well?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jun 1997 09:55:31 +0200

>>>>> Zachariah Baum writes:

  Zachariah> I want to have something like this in my .fvwm2rc:
  Zachariah>   Mouse 1 WTSF    A      Raise
  Zachariah> except for the obvious problem that when I have this and
  Zachariah> I click on the window, it is indeed raised, but I can't
  Zachariah> click on buttons/links/whatever that's in Zachariah>
  Zachariah> the window.

Fvwm 2.0.45 has an option for this:

    GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises

kai
-- 
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)

---

From: Mark Krischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:58:00 -0400

>     GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises

if he's trying to do what i am, this doesn't work.  there doesn't seem
to be a way to do FocusFollowsMouse and ClickToRaise with
ClickToRaisePassClick

--mark

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jun 1997 15:18:47 +0200

>>>>> Mark Krischer writes:

  Mark> if he's trying to do what i am, this doesn't work.  there
  Mark> doesn't seem to be a way to do FocusFollowsMouse and
  Mark> ClickToRaise with ClickToRaisePassClick

OK, I have the following in my .fvwmrc:

,-----
| GlobalOpts SmartPlacementIsReallySmart, ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick, MouseFocusClickRaises
| Style "*"		SmartPlacement, RandomPlacement
| Style "*"		NoIcon, SloppyFocus
`-----

This behaves like so: I can click inside any window to raise it, and
the click is passed on to the application.  I can do this right now,
so I know it works.

Were I using ClickToFocus (which I am not), the
ClickToFocusDoesntPassClick would mean that clicking a window to give
it focus does *not* pass the click on to the application, only the
second and subsequent clicks are passed on.

kai