Subject: FVWM: frequent problem with FvwmButtons

From: zinc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:46:38 -0600

Hi,

I'm assuming this is a bug of some kind.  On my system, FvwmButtons
swallows the FvwmPager, xdaliclock, coolmail, and xbiff.
Additionally, I have buttons for starting several apps.  For some
reason, clicking on one of the buttons causes all of FvwmButtons to
crash, taking everything else with it.

Here's my FvwmButton setup for starting plan, which caused this crash
(Plan was still started...):

*FvwmButtons Plan       calendar2.xpm   Exec plan &

Here's the crash output:

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2000002
  Serial number of failed request:  6850
  Current serial number in output stream:  6850
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x100006b
  Serial number of failed request:  9687
  Current serial number in output stream:  9688
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2400007
  Serial number of failed request:  475355
  Current serial number in output stream:  475356

-pjf

-- 
"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin (1773)
		   finger zinc-pgp@zifi for PGP key
zifi runs LINUX 2.0.30  -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].