Subject: FVWM: Parametesr about FvwmPager.

From: "Massimo Falco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:17:45 -0700

I' m using the fvwm prior to the version 2.0.45 and I have trouble
in my .fvwmrc to configure the FvwmPager.

For example there are features like :
DeskTopSize 6x2
that I don' t fint in the FvwmPager manuals at the :

http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/FvwmPager-man.html

and in particular the :

*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Main
*FvwmPagerLabel 1 SBKiller
*FvwmPagerLabel 2 Chaos
*FvwmPagerLabel 3 MP2
*FvwmPagerLabel 4 Lego2
*FvwmPagerLabel 5 Lego4
*FvwmPagerLabel 6 SBDebug
*FvwmPagerLabel 7 LDebug

They don' t work.

  Is anybody can help me to have a list of the attributes not listed in the
manual pages and more to label the views of the FvwmPager ?

Thanks.

   Massimo.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 97 14:33:33 -0400

> in my .fvwmrc to configure the FvwmPager.

Is it 2.x?

> that I don' t fint in the FvwmPager manuals at the :

That's because it isn't part of the pager.  This command is for fvwm
itself.

> *FvwmPagerLabel 6 SBDebug

I use them all the time.  Are those lines above exactly what you have in
your .fvwm2rc file?

> manual pages and more to label the views of the FvwmPager ?

I think you must have something else wrong somewhere.  My biggest problem
now is that error reporting in Fvwm doesn't seem to be real good.  It is
very hard to find out exactly what in your rc file is causing problems.
This seems to be more of a problem with the modules however.

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:43:09 -0400

I'm guessing that you're misunderstanding the difference between pages
and desks.  The

*FvwmPagerLabel

directive lets you label a desk, not a page.  If your fvwm desktop
(btw, DeskTopSize is in the fvwm man page, not FvwmPager, since its
part of the wm itself) is 6x2 then it sounds like you might actually
want to set DeskTopSize to 1x1 and then run FvwmPager 0 11 and set

*FvwmPagerRows 2

The desks that show up should be labeled.  Also make sure you set the
font.  Note that if you do this you lose the ability to use
edgescrolling, which only moves between pages, not desks.

All the above refers to fvwm2.  I don't remember if it worked the same
way in fvwm1.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]