Subject: FVWM: raise a totally overlapped window ?

From: [email-masked] (Quoc Duong)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:40:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to "raise a window when it is
totally overlapped by other(s)" ?

I'm using fvwm-2.0.45.

thanks,

Quoc.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Carvel Baus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:59:19 -0400

>>>>> "Quoc" == Quoc Duong <[email-masked]> writes:

Quoc> Hi all,

Quoc> I would like to know if it is possible to "raise a window when
Quoc> it is totally overlapped by other(s)" ?

Quoc> I'm using fvwm-2.0.45.

Yes.

You can choose the window from the WindowList. It will raise the
window to the top and take you to whatever screen it is on.

Carvel

-- 
_____________________________________________________________________________
R. Carvel Baus                              Tel: 	919-790-3342
Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc.        Fax: 	919-713-1100
Software Design Switching Division
4403 Bland Rd, Somerset Park
Raleigh NC, 27609			                Email: [email-masked]
_____________________________________________________________________________
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Tankenson)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

> window to the top and take you to whatever screen it is on.

Anybody know how to do this from the command line?  Maybe like 
FvwmIdent, but from the command line.  I figure something like FvwmPERL
could do the job, but we are still running on fvwm2.043.  Any ideas?

-- 
Michael Tankenson
@ The Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, 230-235
Pasadena, CA.  91109, Phone: (818) 393-1024, Fax (818) 393-1227
Internet: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].