Subject: FVWM: FVWM2, FvwmButtons

From: Rob Lowrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:29:51 -0600 (MDT)

How do I get FvwmButtons/Swallow to "intercept" mouse clicks, instead
of passing them onto the swallowed application?  For example:

*FvwmButtons(2x1 Size 64 64 Frame -3 Swallow(Respawn,NoHints) asclock \
       `Exec exec asclock -12 -noblink`, Action RunCm)

If I click on the app, the event is passed onto asclock, instead of
running RunCm.  Note that if I click on the frame, then RunCm executes.  I
want RunCm to always execute. 

An fix might be, at least for asclock, is that asclock has a `exe' option,
which allows you to specify a program to run when it's clicked on. 
Unfortunately, it's not clear how I can get a script to communicate with
fvwm2 to run RunCm (I couldn't get FvwmCommand to work on my system). 

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Rob

--
 Rob Lowrie                     \         Los Alamos National Laboratory
 [email-masked]                 \ Scientific Computing, CIC-19, MS B256
 http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~lowrie/  \            Los Alamos, NM  87545 USA

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:16:09 -0400

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:29:51 -0600 (MDT)
Rob Lowrie <[email-masked]> 
> want RunCm to always execute. 

You can't do it. The click is always passed to the swallowed app. The
only way is to define a Title and click on that. 

Maybe in a future version ... 

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC.
Phone: 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].