Subject: FVWM: FvwmCpp help

From: Bret Cason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:33:04 -0700

I am invoking fvwm-2.0.43 via .xinitrc as follows:
  fvwm -f "FvwmCpp ~./.fvwm2rc"
I have verified that cpp is not choking on any comments in .fvwm2rc.
I have also not embedded any logic into .fvwm2rc, since I still
haven't been able to get fvwm to digest the pre-processed config file.
After X has launched, I'm left with a blank, brain dead fvwm session.
When I exit X, these errors are all the clues that are left:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2
ELF
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2
tþù
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2
þþÿÿÿÆ
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2
þþþþþþAàþ÷{þA2þd
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2
,

I have sifted through the mail archives, but haven't been able to figure
this out.
Hopefully my ignorance has been well presented, and the solution will
trivial.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:28:04 -0400 (EDT)

> Hopefully my ignorance has been well presented, and the solution will

heheh... it is... I had the same problem too :) The fvwm command ISN'T -f
to invoke a module or something, it's -cmd ... Therefore:

		fvwm -cmd "FvwmCpp ~/.fvwm2rc"

would be the correct syntax. This is change that will hopefully be
reflected in the next release's man page (it's incorrect in the current
one...) Enjoy!
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+