Subject: FVWM: fvwm config

From: cron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 19:29:06 -0400

Hi all

I'm swallowing a pager and asclock in a fvwm buttons module.  The button
module is configured to the right side vertical screen position.  

When I start fvwm, the pager and asclock windows appear briefly in the
upper left side of the screen.  When the button module makes its
appearance, the pager and asclock windows disappear from the upper left
and take their place in the button bar.  These modules are being called
from the buttons configuration section of .fvwm2rc only - they are not
being called from init or any other section as far as I can tell.

Is there a method I can use to stop the temporary appearance of the
asclock and pager in the upper left?

Thanks.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Astoorian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 22:42:13 -0400

>module is configured to the right side vertical screen position.  
[...]
>asclock and pager in the upper left?

Try specifying a position that's offscreen (eg. "-geom +4000+0") for the
swallowed windows.

Hope this helps,

--                          People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Dan Astoorian               loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
http://www.utopia.csas.com  not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
[email-masked]       the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].