Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 44 problem

From: Stefano Brozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:57:13 +0200

Hi all, 
I'm having some trouble with fvwm 2.0.44.
I'm running Linux (2.1.42) 32M RAM, a small swap (19Mb) but enough for
me.
I'm a long run user, I use and install fvwm on sun, solaris and linux
my .fvwm2rc is, probably messed up, but tested.
I've changed lately everything on my computer (Kernel, XFree, Fvwm 
(I was using 2.0.42), XEmacs). 
For this reason I tried many configurations before starting to complain.

The problem is that when I close a window, an application or whatever
the system freeze up, the window disappear but there's still a 'shadow'
in the
pager.
No, I don't use destroy. C-x C-x in XEmacs is enough for this behaviour,
'exit' in a window...
In my CDROM, rpm doesn't distribute fvmw2* but fvwm 1.? and fvwm95
(2.0.42)
I tried fvwm95 and everything works.

Am I missing anything ?

I recompiled fvwm with debug on, redirected the stderr and the
_summarized_
result is:

[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Entered, about to parse args
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Done parsing args
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Installing signal handlers
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Setting up rc file defaults...
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Running config_commands...
[FVWM][ReadButtonFace]: <<ERROR>> unknown style Raised: Raised
ActivePixmap mini.eye_3d.xpm InactivePixmap mini.window3d.xpm 

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'ixterm' in ModulePath
'/usr/X11/lib/X11/fvwm2'
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Done running config_commands
[FVWM][main]: <<DEBUG>> Entering HandleEvents loop...

Some errors in .fvwm2rc ... :(
And then a long series of, with few differences:

[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events &
returning
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events &
returning
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered

and last lines are:
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> no X events waiting - about to reap
children
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> waiting for module input/output
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> calling FlushQueue

I tried Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, FvwmButtons disappear but the screen is
still
in 'vga mode'. No command accepted, mouse locked

        TIA
        Stefano

XEmacs 19.15 - self compiled
Kernel 2.1.42 - self compiled
Fvwm 2.0.44 - self compiled
XFree86 3.2 - rpm distribution (video card S3)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].