Subject: FVWM: Unmap strangeness?

From: "Thomas J. Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 21:48:43 -0500 (EST)

I just had a weird experience with a semi-transient window that was spawned by
a Java applet.  Specifically, the window pops up (very briefly) twice and then
disappears under fvwm-2.0.45.  Under <=2.0.43, this window pops up twice and
sticks around the second time, but at an odd position.  Under mwm and dtwm,
this does not occur.  Since the Java applet hangs when the window disappears, I
thought I might pass a long that the changes in HandleUnMapNotify() are what
killed it; I removed the addition to the condition in the first if(...) return;
and the applet once again behaves usably (but still strangely) under 2.0.45. 
This workaround did not affect anything else I used.

P.S.  I can't really give much more info on the applet (proprietary
application), but as I said, I checked with fvwm-2.0.45, fvwm-2.0.43,
fvwm-1.24r, mwm, and dtwm all on AIX 4.2.

                                                - Thomas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Thomas J. Moore, Hacker/SysAdmin  | Must ... Kill ... Bugs ... AAARRRGGHHH
 inet:  [email-masked]     | unix ada asm c/c++ mcu ee amiga bored
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].