Subject: FVWM: FVWM2 on Solaris 5.5

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:38:58 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty compiling fvwm2 on Solaris 5.5 as we do not
have Imake installed.  I can't get Imake installed quickly becasue I am
not sytem admin, it will take them a long time to get around to installing
it.

Therefore, in the short term, could someone offer me their makefiles that
have been processed for Solaris 5.5 ?

Thanks,
Andy 

  'Earthman, the planet you lived on was commissioned, paid for, and run
by mice. It was destroyed five minutes before the completion of the
purpose for which it was built, and we've got to build another one.'
  Only one word was registering with Arthur. 
  '_Mice?_' he said. 
  -- (The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Douglas Adams)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 12:33:35 +0100 (BST)

> have been processed for Solaris 5.5 ?

I'd just like to thank Bruce Stephens <[email-masked]> for sending
me all of his Makefiles for FVWM2 on Solaris 5.5 last night.  I'd spent
several hours trying to get Imake to work, but a quick email to the FVWM
mailing list and 30 minutes later I have FVWM compiling away merrily.

This kind of thing really restores my faith in the internet community!
Thanks!

ObFVWM: Does anyone know of some web pages with lots of unofficial patches
to FVWM?  (Don't worry, this is for Linux with a working Imake!)  Also a
library of config files would be nice.

Thanks again,
Andy 

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters 
 will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks
 to the Internet, we know this is not true."
 -- Robert Wilensky, University of California