Subject: FVWM: xbiff type program

From: Mark Krischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 10:40:31 -0400

i've been checking out netscape communicator and it looks like they're
combining the mail and news reader.  what this means for me is that it
will no longer work for me to use the mailer icon as my indicator that i
have new mail.

so what i'm looking for is a version of an xbiff type program that can
do POP, will ideally let me choose the icons, and works well with
FvwmButtons (everybody's always talking about it, i figure i might as
well give it a try).

thanks in advance.

--mark

------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Krischer                               email: [email-masked]
BBN Systems & Technologies		    phone: (617) 873-4297
Network Security			      fax: (617) 873-4086

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
                                      -- Bjarne Stroustrup on C++
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 16:47:03 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,
try xfaces, I don't use it with POP but it is
supported. 
I have it swallowed by FvwmButtons 
                           Marina
----------------------------------
E-Mail: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: 05-Jun-97
Time: 16:47:03
----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Larry Gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

> FvwmButtons (everybody's always talking about it, i figure i might as

I use tkRat, which requires tcl/tk.  I don't use it with FvwmButtons,
but if you iconize the application, it can alert you when new mail
arrives.  It does POP3 and IMAP4 as well as other stuff.

It's home page is:  http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~maf/ratatosk/

-- 
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

     "Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes."