Subject: Re: FVWM: the "Wait" Function

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 09:45:50 +0100 (BST)

> I preseume this is due to the Wait command
> actually waiting for a NEW window to pop up with the given name.

This is correct. What you need is the following patch.  I sent this to Chuck 
about a week ago following feedback on my If/IfNot patch (which is obsolete). 
This patch adds the command Current which does the same tests as Next but only 
on the current window.  It also adds the following conditions to 
Next/Prev/None/Current: Raised, Visible, Maximized, Sticky & Transient.  It's 
written in a way that should make adding more condition flags easy.  It also 
lets you put ! in front of the name to negate name matching and fixes a possible 
memory leak.

The downside of this patch is that I couldn't get it to apply with the Animated 
menu/move patch which is really cool.  If I apply the Current patch first it 
gets ignored and it won't apply after the Animated menu/move patch.  PLease, 
please, please can someone get them both working together.

Cheers,
Timbo.

---

From: Christopher Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:36:18 -0500 (CDT)

>please, please can someone get them both working together.

I can understand why.  The animation patch has to be one of the worse
patches I've seen.  Large, minorly related sections of code were
re-written to match the author's style of writing.  While I do not
comment on his style, these changes will make future patches die one
of these horrible deaths.

A side question: what will happen with all these patches?  Is there a
list of patches that will be included in the next release, along with
a list of optional patches that will not be?  I've lost track of that
patches I've applied to date.

-Wolf

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].