Subject: FVWM: Netscape and colormaps?

From: Andreas Schumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 21:38:48 -0400 (EDT)

This might be an old problem, but I haven't found anything in 
the FAQ... which is of great help.

When I start Netscape on my LINUX-Box (2.27, Redhat 4.1, fvwm2 as
window manager)  I get the Error Message: We were only able to allocate
12 cells for the color cube... although there are no other applications
running which could "consume" the colormap. Netscape runs but with messed
up colors.

I also tried the -install option (results in colormap flashing) and the
-ncols command line option of Netscape (no change).

Does this problem have anything to do with fvwm2?  How are colormaps
accessed anyway. Is this a general X-Windows problem? Is there any
possibility to extend the colormap, e.g. add entries and the like?  And
how in general are colors accessed under fvwm2/X-Windows, i.e.  what are
the differences to MS-Windows (where the problem doesn't occur)?

Thanks for any support.

Andreas Schumann
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
K7L3N6

e-mail: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].