Subject: FVWM: Compiling fvwm-1.24r on SunOS 4.1.3_U1 ???

From: Cole Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 21:31:23 -0500

Hi,
I recently downloaded fvwm-1.24r.tar.gz from sunsite.unc.edu.  I
recently installed GNU GCC 2.7.2.2 for doing all my compiling.  However,
I'm not having much luck compiling FVWM.  One of the error messages I
get is the following:
-------
gcc -o FvwmWinList FvwmWinList.o List.o ButtonArray.o Mallocs.o Colors.o
-O  -lXext -lX11 -L../../libs -lfvwmlib
collect2: ld returned 4 exit status
ld: -lXext: No such file or directory  

-------
The library libXext.a exists in the /usr/openwin/lib subdirectory.  I
can't seem to figure out why it can't be found.
---------------------------------------
The other error message I get is the following:

Makefile:275: *** missing separator.  Stop.

This occurs in the 'fvwm' subdirectory.  The following is line 275 from
the Makefile:

InstallNamedNonExec(../sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwmrc,system.fvwmrc,"/usr/lib/X11/fvwm") 

I have no idea what it's suppose to do or what it is suppose to look
like.
---------------------------------------

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.
Are there any PRECOMPILED fvwm BINARIES for the SunOS 4.1.3_U1
platform???

TIA for your comments and suggestions!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].