Subject: FVWM: Is it just me, or does "Read" really makes things bad?

From: eyal elad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 04:16:51 +0300 (IDT)

Good morning,

	(Configuration:  fvwm95 v2.0.42a compiled, loved, and runs on
Sun Ultras, Sun Sparcs (SunOS, Solaris), SGI Indy and Indigos (Irix), IBM
RS6000s (AIX) and Pentiums (Slackware Linux).)

	This thing repeats with all configurations. Maybe I'm not getting
something right. What I'm trying to do is a generel rc file so that other
students can use it. I want it to have most of the settings in a single
location (so it is possible to update without users being aware), but that
would allow students configuration. Ideally, I'd want "Read
$HOME/.private" at the end of my file. This is a problem if I don't use
FvwmM4/FvwmCpp (And it's not very easy even if I do!). So far I've made a
little module called ReadFromHome which issues a home-relative Read
command to FVWM. I sure would like to see an environment-sensitive config
file. Nevermind. Here's the real problem, and it also happens when I use a
simple Read of FvwmCpp or FvwmM4:

	What happens is that fvwm behaves as if it forgot the
configuration files. For example: If I try to "Module FvwmTaskBar", it
comes up with totally different fonts, colors etc than the one I choosed
for it. Has anyone seen this thing? A known bug? A fault of mine? It's not
in the FAQ.

Thanks,

 _
(_  /  _    /          ( E-mail pigeons nest in binary trees )
(__/__(/\_(/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].