Subject: FVWM: Cool Buttons ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 97 11:55:02 +0200

Hi all, I've been reading this list for a while now, and it's time
to send you my first question :)
- Does any of you knows about a way-cool buttons-like module WITH
kind of submenus ? I mean when you click on a button called, say Games,
then some buttons, say xtetris, xlander, and xvier, just appear over
the Games button; and they disappear if I click on the Games button
again. Er... popup mechanism might be better than 'submenus'... :)
I know Xf-Panel but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.
I do not like TkGoodStuff too much for some reasons even if I reckon
that this is a good one ;)
WHAT I WANT is a FvwmButtons just a little bit improved !! Thanks

Oh, I just think about another one (please god make that this is not
a FAQ ;) )
- I know that using the .fvwm2rc file, one can start applications on
whichever desktop he'd like... now, I have a 2x2 desktop, how can I
specify the quarter I'd like the application to start on ?
( If I deserve it, send me a RTFM ;) )

Thanks for any answer, Fabrice.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:44:39 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 May 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

->  Hi all, I've been reading this list for a while now, and it's time
->to send you my first question :)
->- Does any of you knows about a way-cool buttons-like module WITH
->kind of submenus ? I mean when you click on a button called, say Games,
->then some buttons, say xtetris, xlander, and xvier, just appear over
->the Games button; and they disappear if I click on the Games button
->again. Er... popup mechanism might be better than 'submenus'... :)
->I know Xf-Panel but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.
->I do not like TkGoodStuff too much for some reasons even if I reckon
->that this is a good one ;)
->WHAT I WANT is a FvwmButtons just a little bit improved !! Thanks

One of my buttons is defined with the following action

Action  `Popup Rxvts`

The pop-up defined in my .fvwmrc is as follows

AddToMenu Rxvts		"Rxvts"*rxvt_but.xpm*		Title
+ 			"&QTerm"%x_mico.xpm%     	Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/qdigi.xpm
-scale T -title "$HOST : QuakeTerm" -n QTerm -geometry 80x45 &
+			"&AlienTerm"%x_mico.xpm%	Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/alien01.xpm
-scale T -title "$HOST : AlienTerm" -n AlienTerm -geometry 80x25 &
+			"D&MTerm"%x_mico.xpm%		Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/dmlogo.xpm
-scale T -title "$HOST : DMTerm" -n DM -geometry 80x32 &
+			"&DeadTerm"%x_mico.xpm%		Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/dead01.xpm
-scale T -title "$HOST : DeadTerm" -n Deadlock -geometry 80x32 &
+			"&TestTerm"%x_mico.xpm%		Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/tcf.xpm -scale
T -title "$HOST : TestTerm" -n TestTerm -geometry 80x32 &
+			"&EliteTerm"%x_mico.xpm%	Exec
/home/imc/bin/rxvt -pixmap /home/imc/nwrm/pics/pixmaps/Elite.xpm
-scale T -title "$HOST : EliteTerm" -n EliteTerm -geometry 80x32 &

(though obviously this has wrapped around a bit in the mail)

So when I click on the rxvt button a menu pops up. When I select an
rxvt or I click elsewhere it goes away again.

If you get rid of the text you can just have a menu full of pixmaps
which will look a lot like a button bar.

->
->Oh, I just think about another one (please god make that this is not
->a FAQ ;) )
->- I know that using the .fvwm2rc file, one can start applications on
->whichever desktop he'd like... now, I have a 2x2 desktop, how can I
->specify the quarter I'd like the application to start on ?
->( If I deserve it, send me a RTFM ;) )

No, sorry. At the moment there is no StartsOnPage in the standard
release of FVWM. (Please Chuck, stick it the next one... ;)  ) so this
is not possible.

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "Alright! Let battle commence! Wine and ... 	|
|	     bananas! Bring on the dancing girls!"      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-