Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons w/ xbiff, a work-around...

From: zinc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 01:29:22 -0600

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

i'm posting this to the list so that others might be enlightened...

i wanted to be able to have FvwmButtons swallow xbiff but also to have
it act as a button that would run gnudoit -q '(vm)' (i'm an XEmacs
freak).  

well, this didn't seem possible except by making a small title which
was the actual button.  since the title was only about 1/5 of the
window this was hard to click on.

so, i decided to do what anyone would do, find a different biff to
use.  i found something called coolmail and, it's pretty damn cool.

it actually uses less memory than xbiff AND when you click on it, it
not only will execute a command (ie, gnudoit -q '(vm)') but does a
nifty animation.  

for those who might want to try this, here's the URL:

http://www2.pht.com/pht_archive/linux/sunsite/system/mail/biffs/coolmail-1.3.tgz

of course, any sunsite mirror will work...

- -pjf

- -- 
"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin (1773)
		   finger zinc-pgp@zifi for PGP key
zifi runs LINUX 2.0.30  -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].