Subject: FVWM: Orientation for FvwmButtons

From: Elias Biris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 13:52:57 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I recently started using fvwm95 ... Not because it looks like Win95 but
because I kinda like to change every now and then my window manager and
try to make it more interesting .... (so far I have tried most of them)

Is there any way to have a button bar in a vertical orientation instead of
horizontal? Moreover: how can I put xbiff as an icon in the button bar...
You know, to have the icon that indicates new mail by changing from flag
down to flag up (for example) in the button bar instead of lying around
somewhere ...

I would appreciate any tip on that. Thanks in advance.

Elias

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Elias Biris (PhD student)
ADDRESS: 80 South Bridge, Room E17, Edinburgh EH1 9HN , SCOTLAND, U.K.
TEL:	+44 1383 821921 ext 2206 (BIRIS)  MONDAYS/TUESDAYS/WEDNESDAYS
					  (08:30 - 16:25)
	+44 131 650 2712 / 2715           THURSDAYS/FRIDAYS 
					  (09:00 - 18:45)
	+44 131 226 2542                  ALL WEEKDAYS (evenings)
FAX:	+44 131 650 6516
EMAIL : <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 14:12:28 +0100 (BST)

> down to flag up (for example) in the button bar instead of lying around

When you say button bar you mean FvwmButtons and not the
TaskBar unique to Fvwm95 ( can't help with that one) ???
Assuming you do mean FvwmButtons If you open the .fvwm2rc95 (or
whatever) file in your favourite text editor scroll through it
until you find a line something like

*FvwmButtons Rows 1

and change it to read
 
*FvwmButtons Columns 1

That should get you a vertical button bar where the buttons fill
up from the top down. 

If you want xbiff in your bar instead of floating around the
desktop then add a line like this

*FvwmButtons - whatever  Swallow "xbiff" Exec /usr/local/bin/xbiff &

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|        "Cynicism is the only thing that keeps me sane."       |
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-