Subject: FVWM: Wandering windows - geometry problems?

From: "Stephen Riehm"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:03:40 +0200

Hi Guys,

I've been using fvwm for some time, but I haven't been watching the updates
all that closely,

although I am now using 2.0.45. The problem that I've got is with Lotus
Notes, which tries

to remember where I placed the windows, and how big they were, and then
tries to recreate

my session when it restarts.

The problem is that it get's it wrong!

The windows slowly move (ie: each time a window is opened, it's position
and size is a little different)

to the bottom right corner (this has no relationship to the automatic

window placement from fvwm), and they get larger and larger, to the point
where they no longer

fit on the screen. This means that I constantly have to resize and position
these damn popup

windows from Lotus Notes.

Is it possible that fvwm is giving lotus notes geometry information with
size of the window

frames included, and then using the geometry from Lotus Notes to position
the actual

window (without frames)? Does anyone have a sollution to this problem? a
patch perhaps?

For some reason the people using mwm here don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].