Subject: FVWM: Can I force AutoRaise to pause on a mouse press?

From: Elmar Kurgpold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:47:18 -0700

Can anyone think of a way to cause AutoRaise to not do anything while a
mouse button is pressed?

The situation: I go to select a menu on an application (say Netscape)
that is lowered.  Typically, I won't wait for the window to AutoRaise,
I'll just go for the menu.  The menu pops up, then the rest of the
window pops up over the menu a moment later.  I waste precious seconds
fiddling around with it to get the menu again.

Since AutoRaise can take a function argument, I thought of putting in a
function that would do "Nop" while a mouse button is pressed, and then
continue when the button was released.  So I could select my favorite
bookmark while Netscape was on the bottom of the stack, then have it
fronted as the page came in.   However, it looks like "while a mouse
button is pressed" is not a valid modifier. :-(

Any other way to do this?  Thanks for your suggestions.

	++Elmar

-- 
  ___  ____ __
 | _ \/ __/|  \  Pencom            |  Elmar Kurgpold
 |  _/\__ \| \ \  Systems          |  Email: [email-masked]
 |_|  /___/|_|__\  Administration  |  Pager: 800/SKYPAGE Pin: 352-4668
 http://www.pencom.com             |  Phone: 415/507-8857 (Autodesk)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].