Subject: FVWM: Thanks for the help and another few questions

From: "Herve DEBAR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 12:00:26 +0200

Hi everybody and thanks for your answers, I now have a working fvwm2
configuration.

A few remaining problems :

I have FvwmIconMan running, swallowed by FvwmButtons, set to display
the icons in my page. When I start Fvwm, I load netscape in one of the
pages. When I start FrameMaker thereafter, it complains about colormap
allocation even though I have set ColormapFocus FollowsMouse. The
strange thing is that this makes all icons in FvwmIconMan disappear ?

When I restart Fvwm, I can't get my pager to be swallowed by
FvwmButtons, and I'm getting X errors BAdDrawable and BadWindow.

I am trying to have the name of the file being edited in Emacs show up
in the title bar. I have done a (setq frame-title-format '("%b")) in my
.emacsrc, which should do the trick, but doesn't. I have checked the
emacs documentation and it says something like "if window manager
supports it". Has somebody done that successfully with fvwm2 ?

Thanks

Herve

-- 
Herve Debar
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
Saumerstrasse 4
CH-8803 Rueschlikon/Switzerland
Tel.  +41-1-724-84-99     Fax.   +41-1-710-36-08

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:01:54 -0400

On Fri, 30 May 1997 12:00:26 +0200
"Herve DEBAR" <[email-masked]> 
> allocation even though I have set ColormapFocus FollowsMouse. The

You need to run 'netscape -install' to get its own colourmap (but with
colourmap flashing) or 'netscape -ncols x' to allocate x colours, where
x is small.

> strange thing is that this makes all icons in FvwmIconMan disappear ?

Does this just happen when you switch pages or desks? If so it's not
a colourmap problem. 

> supports it". Has somebody done that successfully with fvwm2 ?

I do this, and it works fine in just about every window manager I've tried:

(setq frame-title-format '("" user-login-name "@" system-name ": " "%b"))
(setq icon-title-format  '("" user-login-name "@" system-name ": " "%b"))

Ric

Richard J Lister, Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC.
Phone: 202-687 2878
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].