Subject: FVWM: Re-Place function

From: Jakob Schiotz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 10:45:08 MET

A while ago somebody on this list discussed a kind of "Re-Place"
function.  It should unmap a window and then place it a new place
using the CleverPlacement algorithm.  Was it ever written, and if yes,
is it a patch or can it be done within the .fvwm2rc?

I use version 2.0.45

Thanks for any help,

Jakob

--
Jakob Schiotz                    !  Email: [email-masked]
CAMP, Department of Physics      !  WWW: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/
Technical University of Denmark  !  
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark          !  

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Larry Gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:03:22 -0400 (EDT)

> is it a patch or can it be done within the .fvwm2rc?

The function was written (not by me), and the patch was made to 2.0.44,
I believe.

When 2.0.45 came out WITHOUT the Replace function, I made the change
to 2.0.45, using the 2.0.44 patch as a road-map (it was actually very
easy to add).

However, I distinctly got the impression that Chuck didn't want to add
this function to fvwm, and I was told that the patch interfered with
other people's patches (ones that add new functions to fvwm).  So, I
reluctantly gave up on the patch, and it no longer is in my running
version of fvwm2.0.45.

Despite all this, I miss having the function.

-- 
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

     "Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes."