Subject: FVWM: Examples .fvwm2rc

From: [email-masked] (Chris Osicki)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:53:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

Please forgive me if this question has already been answered, I am quite
new to this list.

Is there anywhere an archive of sample .fvwm2rc files? 

Could be usefull for fvwm newbies like me. Anyone willing to share his
nice and well documented .fvwm2rc file :-).

Regards,
Chris

Chris Osicki ([email-masked])       GfAI - Group for Applied Informatics Ltd.
Dipl. Informatik Ing. HTL        Mettlenwaldweg 17           
Unix System Administrator        CH-3037 Herrenschwanden
Tel. +41 31 308 67 00            Switzerland
Fax. +41 31 301 30 04
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:07:06 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Chris Osicki wrote:

->Is there anywhere an archive of sample .fvwm2rc files? 
->
->Could be usefull for fvwm newbies like me. Anyone willing to share his
->nice and well documented .fvwm2rc file :-).
->

Now I don't mean to self publicise too much but 

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm.htm

has a page which goes through my .fvwmrc giving screenshots etc.. 

It's not completely finished as Fvwm 2.0.45 came out as I was doing
it.. But for the newbie it should explain what most of the stuff
does.. I didn't get around to Modules yet either.. As for an archive
of .fvwm2rc's try some of the links from my page and the fvwm home
page... 

[email-masked] --- http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/vom.htm
-/-------------------------------------------------------------\-
|     	    "Alright! Let battle commence! Wine and ... 	|
|	     bananas! Bring on the dancing girls!"      	|
-\-------------------------------------------------------------/-

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:49:17 -0400 (EDT)

> nice and well documented .fvwm2rc file :-).

Well, for an easy install of a decent (IMHO) setup, check out:

		http://www.fiu.edu/~kvarga01/computing/linux

PS> If someone would like to start an official rc archive, let me know.
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 02:27:13 -0400 (EDT)

> http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm.htm

for those that had trouble ... the correct URL ended in .html and NOT
.htm, i.e.:

	http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm.html

Just wanted to clarify :)
			-peace

---

From: Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 10:00:40 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Kendrick Vargas wrote:

->> Now I don't mean to self publicise too much but 
->> 
->> http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm.htm
->
->for those that had trouble ... the correct URL ended in .html and NOT
->.htm, i.e.:
->
->	http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm.html
->
->Just wanted to clarify :)
->			-peace

ooops! Sorry everyone. Some of my pages were created on my PC at home
using Windows stuff so they end in a 3 letter extension. Some of them
don't. When I get a moment I'll sort them all out..

Cheers,
		
Martin