Subject: FVWM: FvwmXse Module

From: "Richard A. Guay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:12:14 +0000

Hi,

Well, I created my first module!  I took the Xse program and adapted 
it for use as an Fvwm module.  Attached is the tar and gziped file 
containing the module.  I compiled it as though it was in the modules 
subdirectory.  Since I have done very little unix programming, I will 
only garentee that it will compile on my system (A Sparc Startion 2 
running Solaris 2.5.1 using the GNU gcc compiler).  Try it on other 
systems and see if it runs.

I do not have an ftp or WEB site that I can place this program 
(company policies does not allow me to but this on our site).  
Therefore, could someone make this available on the WEB?

I believe that this is a very useful function that would be nice to 
include in the final distribution.

Richard A. Guay
Network Administrator and ASIC Design Engineer
ASIC International Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.asicint.com
The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  FvwmXse.tar.gz
     Date:  13 May 1997, 17:03
     Size:  42296 bytes.
     Type:  Unknown

---

From: "Richard A. Guay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:49:35 +0000

On 13 May 97 at 15:09, Choksing Taweponsomkiat <Choksing 
Taweponsomkiat <[email-masked]>> wrote:

> I would love to test it, but can you briefly tell me what it does?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
The man page for the program explains all of the details.  Briefly,
this program allows you to send ANY X Windows events to any window in 
the system.  An example of it's use is to load the module upon
initialization of fvwm (see fvwm.man for details), then have this in
your fvwm2rc file:

Mouse 2 4 A SendToModule FvwmXse $w <key>l <key>s <key>Return

Then when you click the second mouse button on the 4th title bar
button, the window will recieve an X Windows event that says the
keyboard sent "ls<Return>" to that window.  Fvwm puts the window ID in
place of the "$w".  You could also specify ClickWindow to send to the
next window the 1 mouse button is clicked on, PointerWindow to send to
the window that the pointer is over, InputFocus to send the the window
that has keyboard focus, or you can specify the windows name.  When
the window name is given, the program does a search for that name
which is somewhat slow.

I hope this helps clearify what the module does.

Richard A. Guay
Network Administrator and ASIC Design Engineer
ASIC International Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.asicint.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].