Subject: FVWM: colormap switching

From: [email-masked] (sumeet singh)
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 16:06:40 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,
	I have a major problem here. One of our people has written an
applications which takes image frames from a camera and displays them.
For displaying the images, it has to create a colormap of it's own,
as the default colormap doesn't have enough space left - normally.

	The problem I am facing is, that fvwm is not able to switch
to the private colormap - try what I may. I have tried by changing
ColormapFocus and ClickToFocus etc. but to no avail. Strangely, this
problem does not occur in other applications that we have written.
By the way, we have also installed an event handler inside the applications
that installs the private colormap when the mouse enters the window.
But the moment it installs the colormap, somebody immediately installs
back the default one :(

	Please throw light. We are using fvwm2.0.45 on a Sun Ultra
running SunOS 5.5.1

thanks,
sumeet
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Trent Piepho <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 01:54:52 -0700 (PDT)

> But the moment it installs the colormap, somebody immediately installs

Check the mailing list archives, I posted a bit on this a few months ago.
Basically what fvwm does is broken.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho ([email-masked])                   -- Metallica  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].