Subject: FVWM: CDE

From: [email-masked] (Graeme McCaffery)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 13:35:44 +0100 (BST)

At the moment I'm stuck with the dtwm manager because I'm trying to figure
out why the cursor lingers when I use fvwm with CDE.

could someone please investigate this as I'm utterly clueless.
it would be nice if there is some easy fix.

Graeme

-- 
email: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Carvel Baus <rcb@fep9>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 09:06:20 -0400

>>>>> "Graeme" == Graeme McCaffery <[email-masked]> writes:

Graeme> At the moment I'm stuck with the dtwm manager because I'm
Graeme> trying to figure out why the cursor lingers when I use fvwm
Graeme> with CDE.

Graeme> could someone please investigate this as I'm utterly clueless.
Graeme> it would be nice if there is some easy fix.

Graeme> Graeme

Graeme> -- email: [email-masked] -- Visit the official
Graeme> FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.  To
Graeme> unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body
Graeme> of a message to [email-masked].  To report problems,
Graeme> send mail to [email-masked].

I ran into the same problem with CDE on Solaris 2.5.1. To fix this I
placed the following line in my ~/.dt/sessions/sessionetc file:

xpmroot /usr/local/include/X11/pixmaps/background5.xpm &

or something like

xsetroot -bitmap new_spegetti.bmp -fg "#880000" -bg "#480000"

It seems that setting the root window returns the cursor to normal
when it is done.

I hope this helps,
Carvel
_____________________________________________________________________________
R. Carvel Baus                              Tel: 	919-790-3342
Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc.        Fax: 	919-713-1100
Software Design Switching Division
4403 Bland Rd, Somerset Park
Raleigh NC, 27609			                Email: [email-masked]
_____________________________________________________________________________