Subject: FVWM: installation of fvwm2

From: "Mike Roessing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 21:20:40 -0500

Hi... I hope I'm not told to RTFM here, cuz I've read the FAQ and the man
pages on the FVWM HomePage (Mr Hines') and couldn't find the answer...
maybe there isn't one, necessarily... ANYWAY!
I'm sorta new to Linux, but I do know my way around, and have almost
configured fvwm 1.xx to my liking.  I downloaded 2.0.45 and want to install
it.  However, I'm not too sure how to go about this... would I put the
fvwm-2.0.45 dir in the same dir that the fvwm dir is in (/usr/X11R6/) or
what?  I'm just looking for someone to offer advice on the best way to get
fvwm2.0.45 installed and running.

Thanks...

Mike "Jaraxle" Roessing
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 22:28:24 -0400 (EDT)

> fvwm2.0.45 installed and running.

Well, the easiest thing to do is this (I'm starting with the tar.gz file)
.. Unarchive it in some directory (I like /usr/local/src) and go into the
fvwm-2.0.45 directory. Edit the config.tmpl (or whatever the configuration
template is called, don't worry, it should be obvious) to your likings,   
and then save it. Type ./MakeMakefiles ... This will make the makefiles   
prior to building the sources. Then type "make" ... This will make all the
binaries, etc... Then type "make install" ... this will install all the   
binaries and things into the default locations (or whatever you
specified in the configuration template). then it's either "make
install.man" or "make install-man" (I forget which) to install the man    
pages. This should be it. Enjoy! :)
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+