Subject: FVWM: Solaris 2.51 install

From: Randy Dees <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 00:18:29 -0400 (EDT)

FVWM Folks;

I am having quite a bit of trouble installing FVWM 2.0.45 on Solaris
2.51.  I know it is not a problem with FVWM, but rather that Solaris is
broken...

Thanks to the user who previously pointed me to a rather useful site on
imake, which got it to build (apparently) successfully.  I now seem to
have a problem with LD.  It cannot locate libXext.so.1, so FVWM will not
run from my home direxctory where I built it, or from the /usr/local/bin.
If someone has successfullyt compiled this on Sol. 2.51, I would
appreciate some advice.  CDE & TWM are getting old real fast.

I started from an almost brand new Solaris installation ( I had already
compiled some GNU tools, but otherwise...)  and will be happy to summarize
my answers and submit a FVWM-on-Solaris howto, if there is interest.

Thanks

+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Randy Dees			| SCA:  Talorgen ni Wrguist	       |
| ASI Systems Administration	|    a bard, formerly known as Myrddyn |
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
 Pr 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end 
			thereof are the ways of death

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].