Subject: FVWM: Status of fvwm?

From: "Stephen Riehm"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:43:22 +0200

I just checked out the official WWW page for fvwm, and the

latest comments are from March - is fvwm still being actively

developed? What sort of things are coming? What's on the bug list?

(the bug list delivered with 2.0.45 is pretty short :-)

Thanks in advance,

Steve

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:08:40 -0400

>>>>> "SR" == Stephen Riehm <Stephen> writes:

SR> I just checked out the official WWW page for fvwm, and the latest
SR> comments are from March - is fvwm still being actively developed?

Yes, it is.  It's just that I have been extremely busy lately and
haven't been able to do much work on it, plus I have been so quiet on
the mailing lists that one might assume that I'm dead or something
(but never fear, if that happens I'll be sure to make an anouncement).

I hope to get the next beta out within a few weeks, but I've been
saying that for months now... (wow, has it really been since January?)

SR> What sort of things are coming? What's on the bug list? (the bug
SR> list delivered with 2.0.45 is pretty short :-)

Too much stuff to put here (same answer for both questions, I think). :)

If you are referring to the BUGS file, that isn't even close to all of
the bugs (I haven't really kept up that file).  The TO-DO list is a
better list, and does document some more bugs, although it too is a
little out of date.

The mailing list archives and the list that stays in my head are
probably the two best bug (& TO-DO) lists, the former being archived
on the official WWW page but getting at the one in my head is
obviously difficult until I get around to using it to update the
actual BUGS and TO-DO lists. :)

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].