Subject: FVWM: Request for a conditional command

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:09:39 +0100 (BST)

I want to bind a key to do something to some windows and something else to other 
windows.  Is this possible already?  What I am thinking of is a command that 
works like Next but that only operates on the currently focused window.  The 
command could be If (with an IfNot of course) and could be used e.g.

AddToFunc somefunc "I" If    [ Xterm ] WindowShade
+                  "I" IfNot [ Xterm ] Iconify

I thought this could this be done with

AddToFunc somefunc "I" Next [ $w Xterm ] WindowShade
+                  "I" Next [ $w !Xterm ] Iconify

But it looks like ! can only be used to negate the iconic|currentdesk conditions
and can't be used to negate on window names/classes.

I know I could use different titlebar buttons or keys to do the different 
actions but I really want to be able to use the keypad period key as a Go-Away
key that would do appropriate things to different windows.

Am I correct in assuming that most of the pattern matching stuff is already 
written in the Next/Prev/None commands?

Cheers,
Tim Phipps.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].