Subject: FVWM: help for visually impaired

From: [email-masked] (Mark Scott)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 11:52:56 -0500 (CDT)

I've got a visually impaired user that has a question. He's used a tool
called "puff" or "xpuff" in the past to magnify his view of the screen. The
tools sucks up a fair amount of CPU time & for other reasons, he'd like to
quit using it. What he wants is to fire up xterms with huge fonts (that span
muliple viewports) & have fvwm track his xterm text cursor & automatically
shift the viewport as necessary when he gets close to the edge of the screen. 
Is that possible? Are there any other better ideas?

thanks!
 ______________________________________________________________________________
| Mark Scott                        | 				               |
| Motorola Urbana Design Center     | "If a set of logical conclusions leads   |
| [email-masked]   	    |  one to a ridiculous outcome, one must   |
| Ph# (217) 384-8536	            |  question the premise they are based on."|
| http://www.cu-online.com/~mgscott |                   Dr. Boris Beizer       |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Rugolsky Jr.)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 15:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

>From: [email-masked] (Mark Scott)
>Subject: FVWM: help for visually impaired

>Is that possible? Are there any other better ideas?

You might try one of the Tcl/Tk terminal emulators, such as "tkterm" or "Tkt",
(See the Tcl/Tk FAQ, e.g.  http://www.sco.com/technology/tcl/tclFAQ/part4/faq.html)

I don't know if any of the Tk terminal emulators have horizontal scrolling,
but it should be trivial to add.  This would entirely eliminate the need
to deal with virtual screens.  One could also add a pager with zoom in/out
quite easily.  The only difficulty is producing a termcap/terminfo entry that
is limited to the subset of ANSI escape sequences implemented by the emulator.
Some of the emulators listed in the Tcl FAQ may come with modified termcap/terminfo
entries.

  Bill Rugolsky
  [email-masked]