Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 bug?

From: unknown <@hermes.berkshire.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 97 17:24 EST

Hello World,

I have a fairly complex setup where I have some common files shared among
several machines and some machine-specific files.  I seem to be having a
little trouble getting Style to work right in this environment.

In my ~/.fvwm2rc file, I have (among a lot of other things) the line

  FvwmM4 -m4-prefix .fvwm2rc-machine

.fvwm2rc-machine is

  m4_define(`machine_fvwm2rc', `m4_esyscmd(echo "/home/norm/.$SHORTNAME/.fvwm2rc")')
  Read machine_fvwm2rc

The practical upshot of this is that fvwm2 encounters

  Read /home/norm/.hermes/.fvwm2rc

in the file processed by FvwmM4 (on my laptop, anyway).  In
/home/norm/.hermes/.fvwm2rc I have:

  # This is the fragment of the .fvwm2rc file specific to the host 
  # hermes.berkshire.net
  #

  HilightColor black palevioletred
  MenuStyle maroon black grey40 -adobe-times-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-* fvwm

  Style "xapm"   NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip
  Style "xapm"   BorderWidth 0, CirculateSkip, ClickToFocus
  Style "xapm"   Color black/#aa80aa

What is interesting is that MenuStyle _works_ but the Style attributes
for xapm are ignored.  If I copy these lines back into my top-level
.fvwm2rc file, they work fine.

Have I described the problem sufficiently?  Is this a bug or a feature? ;-)

--norm
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Apr 1997 09:19:28 -0500

[ Sorry about the "anonymous" posting of this message.  It was unintentional,
  I had odd mailer problems on my laptop.  I'm reposting this in case anyone
  ignored it because it was essentially anonymous.  Sorry for the 
  inconvenience. ]

Hello World,

.fvwm2rc-machine is

--norm