Subject: FVWM: errors in system.fvwmrc

From: Peter Billam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:01:40 +1000 (EST)

Hmm ...  in .xsession-errors it says ...
   fvwm: error in config: PixmapPath /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/
    in line PixmapPath /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/

but in /usr/lib/X11/fvwm/system.fvwmrc it says ...
   # ModulePath is a colon-separated list, just like regular unix PATH
   ModulePath /usr/lib/X11/fvwm/
   PixmapPath /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/
   IconPath   /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/

which looks pretty reasonable, surely ?  And yet in .xsession-errors it
also says ...
   Fvwm: No such module /usr/lib/X11/fvwm/ FvwmBanner

where the spurious space looks suspicious, but there's _no_ space at
the end of the ModulePath line above, and system.fvwmrc also says
   Function "InitFunction"
	Module  "I"     FvwmBanner

where there's _no_ spurious space before FvwmBanner, just one tab.  I
must be doing something wrong, I hope it's not too embarrasing ...

Regards,  Peter Billam

System Administrator; Tel: (03) 62 325442, Fax: (03) 62 325000; CSIRO
Division of Marine Research, GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:11:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I'm using Pure Atria's "Purify" software on a Solaris 2.5.1 box. My
main workstation, though, is a DEC Alpha running Digital Unix 4.0b
where I use FVWM 2.0.44 as the window manager. 

While this works quite nice, I stumbled accross a weird problem
yesterday: When running the Purify viewer on Solaris and displaying
it on the DEC Alpha running FVWM, the viewer window does *not* get
its window decorations (border, menu button in the upper left corner,
min,max buttons in the upper right corner) drawn so I cannot resize
or move the window.

This does *not* happen with mwm and dtwm on the DEC alpha.

Can anyone give me a clut about how to fix this? *All* of my windows
get their decorations properly. The Purify viewer is the only exception.

Thanks -- Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology, 
e-mail    : [email-masked]      Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send 
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------