Subject: FVWM: Desktop switching

From: phil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:42:01 -0400

Hi

First accept my apologies for not having sat upon this list for the
customary time
before asking dumb questions!!
Excuse, I have spent quite some while going through the man pages at the
FVWM Home page and not found the answer I want.... told you , poor
excuse, real reason impatience to get it all working!!!

OK, so I have Caldera COL Base with the FVWM which comes with it.
Incidentaly, I cant figure out which version this is, as I had fvwm
1.x.x in a RedHat dist. and a fvwm2.x.x. in a Slackware, also played
with fvwm95, but this Caldera version requires me to relearn a load of
stuff.

I am also using (trying to use) Matt Barons Panel (like Goodstuff).

Problem:
I have Pager set to give 4 Desktops each with a 2x2 screen structure.
I can switch screen with mouse and accelerator keys and swith desktop
with mouse
How do I switch desktops from a command ( say within .panelrc ) so I can
set a button to do this, and how do I instruct an application to start
up on a particular destop?

To save time simply a pointer as to where to look for this info would be
enough

Thanks in advance

Phil Risby

____________________________________________
This was sent without the aid of MicroSoft!!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].