Subject: FVWM: Bug?

From: "David P. Ihnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:38:20 -0700

I selected the restart option off my fvwm2 menu.

Somehow, immediately after selecting the option, I managed to hit another
mouse button on the root window, in time for it to switch to menu mode
before restarting.

It wasn't pretty:
1. I couldn't move the pointer off that one monitor (I have three on this
sparc 20, whee!) 
2. The mouse pointer was menu pointer
3. A fvwm window frame with handles and the title "untitled" appeared with
flat grey contents where the menu would have appeared
4. I couldn't cancel the menu mode by clicking in the root window
5. I couldn't focus any xterms to do anything about it

I ended up telnetting in and killing one fvwm2 process at random (there
were three), all three monitors indicated all the fvwm2 processes being
killed and xdm cycled through a login session.

I'm not worried about the logout, that seems proper.  I'm worried about the
lockup when the menu appeared.

David

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].