Subject: FVWM: current stance on proposed features?

From: Vasily Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:31:12 -0500 (CDT)

Greets,

	I would like to hear an "official" stance (if there is one), on
proposed aesthetic features.  Things like pixmaps in modules/titlebars/bg's
gradient menus etc, etc...

	Obviously the modules changes are up to their respective
maintainers, but I would like to know if the fvwm2 developers plan to add
the things that, afterstep in particular, has implemented (the features
mentioned above).  I found it a little quirky that gradient titlebars were
implemented, but not gradient menu styles.  

	I've been unable to find any sort of unofficial patch archive
btw... is there such a thing?  I could be convinced to maintain such an
animal if there's sufficient need.  If one exists already, I'd appreciate
a pointer (searches of the archived mailing list reveal little).

peace,
-Vasily Lewis
--
|========================_======___=========_____==[[email-masked]]=
|Its a damned poor mind | | /| / (_)__  ___/ / _ \__ _____  ___  ___ ____
|that can only think of | |/ |/ / / _ \/ _  / , _/ // / _ \/ _ \/ -_) __/
|one way to spell a word|__/|__/_/_//_/\_,_/_/|_|\_,_/_//_/_//_/\__/_/===

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Bradley T. Hughes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:32:20 -0500 (CDT)

The current fvwm2 beta (2.0.45) supports pixmaps in titlebars...
the syntax is covered in the man pages, and fvwm2 can even tile a pixmap 
on the handles/borders.  I've seen it done (let's see afterstep do that). ;)

Brad Hughes / nyztihke  -  1997
		- i've become something so horrid and evil - 
     - i can't stand to walk around in public without feeling my hatred - 
 - makes me want to end the suffering of the "good" people i see around me -

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Apr 1997 08:07:38 -0700

>  - makes me want to end the suffering of the "good" people i see around me -

My only wish is for moving this gradient stuff into some sort of library so
that modules could use it as well. FvwmButtons would sure look nice that way,
as well as FvwmIconMan or FvwmIconBox or any module which stays running for a
long time. 

This shouldn't happen though until after 2.0 gets officially released and
things have settled down. Many bugs and arguments over .fvw2rc syntax would
result.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]