Subject: FVWM: fvwm95 extensions in fvwm2?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 12:38:47 +0100 (METDST)

Are there at the moment any plans to re-unite the diverging lines
between fvwm2 and fvwm95. 
As far as I (as a layperson) can tell, the differences are 
fairly superficial, such as the ability to have a 'side-bar'
in your menus and the fact that the menu is places next to the 
previous menu while cascading, instead of half of top of it.
Is there a way to simulate this behaviour in fvwm2, are or the 
differences more substantial?

Gert Bultman
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: sbuntin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 12:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

> [email-masked]

In .fvwm2rc,

"MenuStyle big.long.hardtotype.font.name fvwm" gives the half-
overlapping menu style.  Replace 'fvwm' with 'mwm' and you'll
get the next-to/immediate popup behavior of fvwm95.

I found this one by accident, after borrowing a few pieces from
the DecorCD setup mentioned here earlier.

--  
Scott Buntin