Subject: FVWM: Compiling 2.0.45 on SCO 5.0.2

From: Maxwell Spangler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:30:47 -0400 (EDT)

I'm stuck on fvwm/add_window.c, anyone care to offer advice ? THANKS

	cc  -b elf -X a -a ansi   -I. -I../libs    -Dsco -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM  -c add_
window.c
"add_window.c", line 225: error: invalid token: ->TitleHeight
"add_window.c", line 225: warning: improper pointer/integer combination: op "="
"add_window.c", line 252: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"add_window.c", line 380: error: invalid token: ->BorderStyle
"add_window.c", line 380: error: left operand of "." must be struct/union object
"add_window.c", line 382: error: invalid token: ->BorderStyle
"add_window.c", line 382: error: left operand of "." must be struct/union object
"add_window.c", line 477: error: invalid token: ->left_buttons
"add_window.c", line 477: error: improper member use: flags
"add_window.c", line 493: error: invalid token: ->left_buttons
"add_window.c", line 493: error: improper member use: flags
"add_window.c", line 506: error: invalid token: ->right_buttons
"add_window.c", line 506: error: improper member use: flags
"add_window.c", line 525: error: invalid token: ->right_buttons
"add_window.c", line 525: error: improper member use: flags
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

Maxwell Spangler, Software Developer, One Call Concepts LS, Inc. Hanover, MD

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:58:25 -0400

>>>>> "Maxwell" == Maxwell Spangler <[email-masked]> writes:

    Maxwell> I'm stuck on fvwm/add_window.c, anyone care to offer
    Maxwell> advice ? THANKS

    Maxwell> 	cc -b elf -X a -a ansi -I. -I../libs -Dsco -DSYSV
    Maxwell> -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS
    Maxwell> -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS
    Maxwell> -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
    Maxwell> -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DXPM -c add_ window.c
    Maxwell> "add_window.c", line 225: error: invalid token:
    Maxwell> ->TitleHeight "add_window.c", line 225: warning: improper

It looks like your C preprocessor is not expanding the GetDecor macro
properly, or that something is interfering with it's expansion.  It
should work, so please check to see how the macro at screen.h:332: is
expanding.  Also, see how it compiles without -DUSEDECOR (it will use
an alternate but simpler macro which will limit you to a single
decor), and if possible, obtain preprocessor output with and without
the -DUSEDECOR define (this is usually possible with a compiler
switch).

Good luck,
Andrew

-- 
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Warning: unwanted spam may become bad karma for sender
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].