Subject: FVWM: for WM_TAKE_FOCUS windows, ClickToFocus misbehaves (??)

From: [email-masked] (Eric Ding [ext 284])
Date: 21 Apr 1997 18:45:23 -0400

Hi all,

working on Solaris 2.5 with fvwm 2.0.43.

I'm working on an app with the inputs hint set to false, and WM_TAKE_FOCUS
set.  That should mean, I guess, according to the man page, that focus is
not explicitly set by fvwm, but rather, a message to take focus is sent to
my client.  This works, as far as I can tell, with focus follows mouse
mode.

However, on ClickToFocus mode, when I click on the title bar, the window
has focus, but when I release it, it loses focuses to the last window that
has focus.  My click is assigned to Raise-Or-Move.  The problem seems to be
in misc.c:GrabEm() and UngrabEm(), which sets Scr.PreviousFocus to Scr.Focus
and then later resets Scr.Focus to Scr.PreviousFocus.  Except that in this
case, because I've got my app set up the way I do, SetFocus() never assigns
the Scr.Focus pointer, and so when GrabEm()/UngrabEm() are called from
ComplexFunction(), the focus is lost to whatever Scr.Focus is set to.

That's my read on the code -- now can someone tell me if this is a bug?  =b

Thanks,
Eric
--
Software Development Engineer / [email-masked]               <><
Applix, Inc. / 112 Turnpike Road / Westboro MA 01581-2842
TEL: (508) 870-0300 x284 / FAX: (508) 366-4873
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].