Subject: FVWM: problems with fvwm2rc

From: Kenn Brodhagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 22:40:35 -0400

Hi folks,

I've been having some problems with my fvwm2rc file, mainly that I've
read the man, followed the syntax properly, and stuff still isn't
happening the way it's supposed to, and I'm hoping someone can tell me
why.  (I know I've probably done something stupid, but I'd still be
grateful if someone could point it out to me).

Problem 1:  I'm trying to set up my window buttons, and I have 4 entries
like this:

ButtonStyle 6 Vector 17 ...(correct # coordinates & stuff)
ButtonStyle 4 11 ...(coords, etc.)

The problem is I don't get anything drawn on my buttons, and an error is
reported:  [FVWM][ReadButtonFace]:<<ERROR>> unknown style Vector: Vector
17 ...

or it says unknown style 11...

Also, if I use AddButtonStyle instead of ButtonStyle, it complains that
it can't find the module AddButtonStyle in the module path, as if it
didn't recognize the command.  It also fails to recognize the command
BorderStyle, complaining again that it can't find the module.

I'm using version 2.0.45, as reported by fvwm2 -version

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenn Brodhagen 
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (sumeet singh)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 11:11:25 +0800 (SGT)

> Any ideas would be appreciated.

 Hi,
 	I am not going to provide any solution to your problem. I am
 only posting this mail to report similar problems.
 
 Firstly, I am running fvwm2.x on a Sun Ultra, SunOS 5.5.1 - which is
 your machine ?
 	Secondly, in my case too, fvwm does not recognize the commands
 BorderStyle and TitleStyle. But this only happens when i attempt a
 restart. If I quit from fvwm and start it again, it is able to recognize
 BorderStyle and TitleStyle.
 	Lastly, my FvwmButtons 2.0.45 is totally
 goofed up. It never shows a button bar. So I am forced to run FvwmButtons
 2.0.40 with fvwm2.0.45. Unfortunately, FvwmButtons 2.0.40 does not
 recognize the new syntax (with the parentheses around it) and the
 load of options that comes with it. Hence I am using an old fashioned
 button bar with very few customizable featuers.

 cheers,
 sumeet
 -- 
 Sumeet Singh, [email-masked], Institute of Systems Science, N.U.S.,
 Singapore - 119597,Ph: 65-772 6728 (o),Fax: 65-7744990 (o).

-- 
Sumeet Singh, [email-masked], Institute of Systems Science, N.U.S.,
Singapore - 119597,Ph: 65-772 6728 (o),Fax: 65-7744990 (o).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].