Subject: FVWM: integration with CDE

From: [email-masked] (Graeme McCaffery)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 16:11:49 +0100 (BST)

Tim_Phipps discussed starting fvwm with cde so that resources are load 
correctly etc. 
> 
> dtsession*wmStartupCommand: /your/fvwm/command
> 
> in your ~/.Xdefaults file.  

which works fine except for 2 things

>  2) Quitting Fvwm won't log you out, "Exec dtaction ExitSession" will work.

I can't get the above to work from a menu. I have dtaction on my path but I
get the error message:

/usr/dt/bin/dtaction ExitSession: Command not found.

>  3) For some reason it takes about 1 minute to log in. Something is timing out.
secondly has anyone figured out how to stop the timing out that occurs or has
even discovered why it happens?

many of us out there are forced to use CDE and so it's best if we can use some 
of its facilities without having to use dtwm.
thanks for any help you can give

Graeme

-- 
email: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].