Subject: (forwarded) FVWM: Child window start on desk of parent?

From: Jim Searle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 10:19:43 -0800 (PST)

I sent this last week and received zero responses, was it a stupid or
impossible question?

jim

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Jim Searle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FVWM: Child window start on desk of parent?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:03:52 -0800 (PST)

Is there any way to force a window to start on the same desktop as it's
parent?

I start an application with -xrm '*Desk:6', and I would like all windows
created by this application to start on that same desktop.

I can use StartsOnDesk to force all windows of that application to
start on a certain desktop, but I run the same application on multiple
desktops.

Thanks,
jim

- -- 
| Jim Searle, Design Engineer,   E-mail: [email-masked]     |
| Broadcom Corporation           Phone:  714-450-8700    __ O  |
| 16251 Laguna Canyon Road    Irvine, CA   92718       _ \ <_  |
| ____________________________________________________( )/ ( )_|
- --
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
------- end -------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Apr 1997 10:52:50 +0200

>>>>> Jim Searle writes:

  Jim> Is there any way to force a window to start on the same desktop
  Jim> as it's parent?

AFAIK, no.  Sorry.

kai
-- 
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)