Subject: FVWM: fvwm95:Button Bar Colours

From: Roberto Pavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 22:57:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello.  I'm a newbie and not quite sure if this is the right place to ask
this question, so please no flames. 

I'm running fvwm95-2.0.42a-5 and would like to be able to set the
background (border) colour on my button bar to a separate colour than is
specified by the DefalutColors winbackcolor variable:

DefaultColors   Black grey50 #c0c0c0 grey60

I've tried specifying it using the Style tool, thus:

Style "FvwmButtons"  NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky,\
                     WindowListSkip,BorderWidth 5, BackColor Grey10

But I still get the same background colour as the titlebar and borders of
my unselected windows (actually the borders of all the windows are the
default color).

I can't believe that it is impossible to set the colour of the button bar
separately.  Any help would be appreciated, and should probably be
mailed directly to myself.

Your faithful narrator,
Roberto Pavan
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "James R. R. Tullett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 08:36:35 +0000

Roberto:
	Try putting these settings in your .fvwm2rc,  along with your button 
definitions.

*FvwmButtonsFore		Black
*FvwmButtonsBack		gray80

Alter the colors as you feel fit.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
James R. R. Tullett         + Trite saying under development
<[email-masked]> +
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Roberto Pavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:20:52 -0800 (PST)

> 	Try putting these settings in your .fvwm2rc,  along with your button

Thanks, James, but I already knew about those settings.  They alter the
text color and the color of the tile, but not the window border, which is
what I'm trying to set.

Your faithful narrator,
Roberto Pavan
[email-masked]

"I'll tell you everything," he said with a slight shrug, his
hands open, "and then you'll understand why I have to win..."
	-- Memnoch, _Memnoch the Devil_ by Anne Rice