Subject: FVWM: How to compile fvwm2.0.43 ?

From: David Heras <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 00:33:03 +0100

Please i need some help from someone who knows much about this !!
I'd like to know how to install the fvwm2.0.43 version on my
system. ( Linux for PC )

I have used tar for descompress the archive fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz from the
CD-ROM and it descompress itself at /home/smash/fvw2.0.43/.
I have the archives : (making ls)

BUGS            MakeMakefiles*  documentation/  makefile.h      xpmroot/
ChangeLog       Makefile        fvwm/           modules/
FAQ             README          fvwm-2.xx.lsm   sample.fvwmrc/
INSTALL         TO-DO           fvwm_icons/     utils/
Imakefile       configure.h     libs/           version.h

I'd like to install at /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2/
I'd like information about how to configure the file configure.h.
Please HELP ME !!, It's "my first time".....

Thanks a lot.
Please, write soon.

********************************** s m a s h **********************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:18:28 +0800 (GMT)

> Please HELP ME !!, It's "my first time".....

type

  xmkmf -a
  make

and that should do it (assuming your Linux box is properly setup)

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Orlando Andico                email: [email-masked] |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman   http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
|  "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'