Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan v 0.9.7a

From: Ken Fuhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 20:24:56 -0500

I am trying to use fvwmiconman v 0.9.7a, but I have one small
problem.  FvwmIconMan, when compiling complains about not finding
fvwm.tmpl.

Care to tell me what fvwm.tmpl is and why I need it?

If it makes a difference, I'm running fvwm 2.0.45 and the version of
FvwmIconMan that comes with it works fine. 

Thanks for your help

Ken
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Mar 1997 15:25:19 +0100

>>>>> Ken Fuhr writes:

  Ken> I am trying to use fvwmiconman v 0.9.7a, but I have one small
  Ken> problem.  FvwmIconMan, when compiling complains about not
  Ken> finding fvwm.tmpl.

  Ken> Care to tell me what fvwm.tmpl is and why I need it?

"Fvwm.tmpl" (note the capitalization) is a file needed to compile
fvwm.  It comes in the fvwm-*.tar.gz file and unpacks into the main
directory (where you find README and INSTALL, too).

Did you unpack FvwmIconMan-*.tar.gz into the modules subdirectory of
the fvwm source tree?  If not, try to move it there then just do a
recompilation of fvwm -- the new FvwmIconMan is a plugin replacement
for the old module that's already there.

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.