Subject: FVWM: Help compiling under Solaris 2.5.1

From: [email-masked] (James D. LaPlaine)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:50:49 -0500

I'm having trouble making the fvwm Version 2.0.45 under Soalris 2.5.1

Has anyone done this that might be able to give me a hand?

In the Fvwm.tmpl I have defined InstallLibs to No (see below)

	#define InstallLibs NO

Heres the error message I'm stuck on.

	make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `../libs/libfvwm2.a'
	Current working directory /home/jamesl/fvwm/fvwm-2.0.45/fvwm
	*** Error code 1
	make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

Thanks.

-james

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (R. H. Wood)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 14:38:45 -0600 (CST)

Did you make sure you built a  "Makefile" in _all_ the subdirectories?

Sounds to me like maybe there isn't one at all in ../libs/Makefile
Thus, you get "Don't know how to make target..." errors in that
directory.

-dick

> 	make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

-- dick
[email-masked]
Richard H. Wood @ Switch Products Division,  DSC Communications Corp.
1000 Coit Road,   PB1-1526,  M/S 121,  Plano, TX 75075   972-477-8624   
** The opinions expressed are not those of DSC Communications, Inc.**
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 15:46:40 -0500

> 	make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

I have a similar setup, hope I can help.

It doesn't look  like it's trying to install  the lib, its in the fvwm
subdirectory trying to install fvwm.  Before it can  do this, it knows
that  the  library must already    be built in a  parallel  directory:
../lib/libfvwm2.a.

Check that  the lib is there.   If not, retry  your  make from the top
level directory, and make sure that  the make in  the lib directory is
working.  (Ie. creating libfvwm2.a.)

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].