Subject: FVWM: Button-2 disappears

From: [email-masked] (Nadim Saeed)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:58:00 -0800 (PST)

Under 2.0.45, Button #2 disappears when an application (e.g. Netscape)
spawns a window.  All other windows/xterms are fine.

 I have the following ButtonStyles in my .fvwm2rc file

    # Standard X
    ButtonStyle 1 17 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 \
                     80x30@0 60x50@0 80x70@1 80x80@0 70x80@0 \
		     50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 \
		     20x30@0 20x20@1
    # Nested Right Angles (looks nice)
    ButtonStyle 2 14 0x0@1 0x20@1 20x20@0 20x0@0 0x0@1 0x25@1 \
                     25x25@1 25x0@1 55x0@1 55x55@0 0x55@0 0x60@1 \
		     60x60@1 60x0@1

    Style "*" Color White/DimGray, WindowListSkip, NoHandles, \
              DecorateTransient, BorderWidth 3

NOTE: the "\" above is used for better readability only.

 Easiest way to replicate what I'm seeing is while using Netscape; click on
 'File->Save As...' which will spawn a query window prompting the user for a 
 file name to use and directory location (the window name is "Save As..." ).
 That query window will get created only with button-1.

Why does button-2 disappear ??

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].