Subject: FVWM: FVWM - Win95 type decors and "Button 6" with apps.

From: Andrew Leahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 13:21:21 +1100 (EST)

G'day fvwm'ers, I have two quick questions. 

I'm experimenting with Win95 style title decors using fvwm2.0.45. The
window title bar left button ordering is "Minimize | Maximize | Close"
(which is the reverse of "standard" fvwm/motif-type buttons). Problem is,
some X/Motif applications only display a "Close" button [Button 6], which
is fine with standard fvwm buttons, since Button 6 = Close, but with Win95
style buttons Button 6 = "Minimize"! 

I think, fvwm95 doesn't have this problem - but I really want to stick
with fvwm2.0.45. Can I do any trickery in fvwm2 to tell it: when only one
button on the left of the title bar is being displayed, use Button 6
style/bindings instead of Button 2? 

Also with FvwmTaskBar, I'm having problems getting the "Start" button to
pop back up after clicking on it to bring up a menu.

Any ideas? (besides giving up Win95 styles!)

My users are Win95/NT4-heads and I need to make them feel "comfortable" 
when they use Unix boxes. Does anyone have experience with using
FvwmButtons or tkGoodStuff as a Win95-style TaskBar/IconTray? 

Thanks
_____________________________________________________________________________
Andrew "Alf" Leahy,                                         phone: 047 360385 
Unix Administrator,                              mailto:[email-masked]
Systems & Ops, TASS, CCD, UWS Nepean    http://www.st.nepean.uws.edu.au/~alf/ 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].