Subject: FVWM: Re: (None)

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 15:19:07 +0800 (GMT)

Hello:

  I installed FVWM-2.0.45 on an SGI. And the windows don't "rubber-band"
when I move them (you can't see either an outline or the full window's
position, just the x,y coordinates displayed by FVWM). How is this? 4Dwm
(the SGI default window manager) is about 15x the size of fvwm2, and I
don't like its look-and-feel too much..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Orlando Andico                               IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman
email: [email-masked]          http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Mar 1997 02:31:55 -0600

>>>>> "OA" == Orlando Andico <[email-masked]> writes:

OA> Hello: I installed FVWM-2.0.45 on an SGI. And the windows don't
OA> "rubber-band" when I move them

I went to the fvwm archives (URL at the bottom of every message), typed in
"rubber band" and lo and behold, the answer to your question magically
appeared.  Isn't technology wonderful?

Hint: read the manual page, look for XORvalue.  You can even search for
"rubber.*band" there, too.

 - J<