Subject: FVWM: I see %mini-icon.xpm% in pop-up menus.

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 15:52:05 -0500 (EST)

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but I can't figure out what I did wrong
and can't find the answer in any archives.

I installed fvwm 2.0.45 from scratch today, on a new machine.
Everything went fine, except that my mini-icons aren't showing up in
my pop-up menus.  Instead, I se

	Calculator%mini-calc.xpm%

and so on.  I have /usr/local/icons and /usr/local/mini-icons both
containing the icons that came with the distribution, and added these
into the FvwmIconPath in Fvwm.tmpl (where I also define HasXpm YES,
which is true).
 
In my .fvwm2rc, My IconPath and PixmapPath incude these two
directories, but still, I get letters instead of icons.  What am I
missing?  On my home machine, I'd gone from fvwm -> early fvwm2 ->
fvwm-95 -> fvwm-2.0.45, and when I put on fvwm-95, the mini-icons
appeared and stayed after the switch to fvwm2, and I don't recall
doing anything special.

Thanks,

Bill
-- 
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : [email-masked] : Caveat lector.
http://www.vex.net/~buff/        <-- Anything on io.org is toast.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Laurent Degeilh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:51:42 +0100 (MET)

Le  6 Mar, William Denton a ecrit:
-> I'm embarrassed to ask this, but I can't figure out what I did wrong
-> and can't find the answer in any archives.
-> 
-> I installed fvwm 2.0.45 from scratch today, on a new machine.
-> Everything went fine, except that my mini-icons aren't showing up in
-> my pop-up menus.  Instead, I se
-> 
-> 	Calculator%mini-calc.xpm%
-> 
-> and so on.  I have /usr/local/icons and /usr/local/mini-icons both
-> containing the icons that came with the distribution, and added these
-> into the FvwmIconPath in Fvwm.tmpl (where I also define HasXpm YES,
-> which is true).
->  
-> In my .fvwm2rc, My IconPath and PixmapPath incude these two
-> directories, but still, I get letters instead of icons.  What am I
-> missing?  On my home machine, I'd gone from fvwm -> early fvwm2 ->
-> fvwm-95 -> fvwm-2.0.45, and when I put on fvwm-95, the mini-icons
-> appeared and stayed after the switch to fvwm2, and I don't recall
-> doing anything special.
-> 
-> Thanks,

Watch the syntax:

in .fvwm2rc,
+ "Netscape"%mini-nscape.xpm%	Exec netscape -install &

in .fvwm2r95
+ "Netscape%mini-nscape.xpm%"	Exec netscape -install &

The position of the quotes " is different...

# PMS Laurent DEGEILH       METEOFRANCE/SCEM/PREVIMAR #
# 42,Av G. Coriolis        Tel = (33/0) 5 61 07 82 63 #
# 31057 TOULOUSE           Fax = (33/0) 5 61 07 82 09 #
# FRANCE            e-mail = [email-masked] #