Subject: FVWM: How to disable a key assignment temporary

From: Michael Wein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:27:33 +0100

Hello,

I hope this isn´t a FAQ, at least I could find it in any documents
available to me. If the question is asked frequently please point me to
a source where I can find the anwer.

My problem:

I would like to know if there is a way to (temporary) disable the global
key settings for a specific application. E. g. I have bound the
following to my function keys (in ~/.fvwm2rc):

Key F1          WTSF    N       Iconify
Key F2          WTSF    N       Raise
Key F3          WTSF    N       Lower
Key F4          WTSF    N       Maximize 0 100
Key F5          WTSF    N       Module FvwmIdent
Key F6          WTSF    N       Refresh
Key F7          WTSF    N       Delete
Key F8          WTSF    N       Destroy
Key F9          WTSF    N       Restart fvwm2
Key F10         WTSF    N       Stick
Key F11         WTSF    N       Next [*] Focus
Key F12         WTSF    N       Prev [*] Focus

Now I would like to start an application that also makes use of the
function keys. An example of such an application is Emacs. But with the
boundings above they won´t work of course. I understand that I could
modify the context from "WTSF" to "TSF", but that is not what I usually
want since I prefer to use the function keys anywhere within my windows.

If someone has an idea what I could do (Style option?), please let me
know. Thank you very much in advance.

Michael Wein

Is "Windows for Dummies" another case of "this sentence no verb?"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].