Subject: FVWM: geometry problem (bug?)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:51:07 -0500

I'm having a problem placing very short windows (< 16pixels high) at the
bottom of the desktop and very narrow windows (<16 pixels wide) at the
right side of the desktop.  In each case, a request for position at the
very edge fails, and instead the window is placed so that its top (or left)
side is exactly 16 pixels from the bottom (or right) of the desktop.  This
behavior happens only at the bottom or right of the DESKTOP; the bottom
or right side of pages that are not at the bottom or right side of the
desktop work fine.  I'm using 2.0.45 on XFree Linux.

To see the bug, try

  xclock -geometry 100x1+0-0

and move to the bottom of your desktop (this supposes you don't 
decorate xclock much, and that it's sticky).

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].