Subject: FVWM: xterm from menu under Solaris

From: Peter Billam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:36:19 +1100 (EST)

Greetings.  This identical issue has been previously raised at least by
   Thuan Tran <[email-masked]> (9aug96), 
   Jason Lingohr <[email-masked]> (25jun96),
   Greg Veres <[email-masked]> (25oct95)
so if someone can come up with an answer maybe it can get into the FAQ ?

Xterm will run fine from the command line, but not from the Utilities
menu (button 1).  It gets a "Error 14, errno 22: Invalid argument"
error as a result of trying to open /dev/tty and receiving an EINVAL.
I don't see why xterm should be trying to open /dev/tty in any case...

I'm using /usr/openwin/bin/xterm, fvwm-1.24r, CDE and Solaris 2.5.1,
but the others above have been using all sorts of different versions.

What are we doing wrong ? Hasn't someone got a workaround for this ?

Regards,  Peter Billam

System Administrator; Tel: (03) 62 325442, Fax: (03) 62 325000; CSIRO
Division of Marine Research, GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia

+-------------------------- 150 Years Ago -----------------------------+
|"All England stands wringing its hands ... mumbling to ourselves some |
| vague janglement of Laissez-faire,  Supply-and-demand,  Cash payment |
| the one nexus of man to man: Free-trade, Competition, and Devil take |
| the hindmost, our latest Gospel yet preached !"       Thomas Carlyle |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].