Subject: FVWM: Missing rubberband when resizing.

From: Rasmus Tamstorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 15:21:20 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I have just compiled my version of fvwm 2.0.45c using the CDE look-a-like 
announced earlier this week. However, when I resize my windows I do
not get any rubberband to indicate how large or small they will be. 
Likewise if I have opaque move turned off, no outline of the window is
shown when I move it, so it is pretty much guess-work to place it
correctly. How can that be, and what can I do about it ?

  Rasmus

PS: In case it explains anything : I'm running Linux RedHat 4.0 with a
2.0.27 kernel and XFree86 3.2. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rasmus Tamstorf                                 "A problem worthy
Institute of Mathematical Modelling              of attack
Technical University of Denmark                  proves its worth
E-mail : [email-masked]                           by hitting back"   Piet Hein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Hagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 13:03:53 -0700

> correctly. How can that be, and what can I do about it ?

I get this also, but on certain background images, I realized that the
color is very pale and almost impossible to see.  Is there a .fvwm2rc
setting for the color of the rubberband?  If not, might one be
incorporated into the next release?

--
L8R...  PJH

[email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/8974

---

From: Christoph Gaitzsch <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Mar 1997 18:30:13 +0200

> incorporated into the next release?

The setting you are looking for is called XORvalue. I had this problem
after changing to 16bpp (new graphics-card). I set it to 127, but there
may be better values. You have to try it out by yourself (this is, what
the manual-page says).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:44:25 +0800 (GMT)

> correctly. How can that be, and what can I do about it ?

It's not the fault of my extra BTW  :)
You have to set the XORValue option in your fvwm2rc. I noticed that
the disappearing rubberband happens when you use a 16-bit or 24-bit
display. Set XORValue 255 and you should get your rubber bands back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Orlando Andico                               IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman
email: [email-masked]          http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph
   "There's an obvious attraction to the path of least resistance.."