Subject: RE: FVWM: need help with .fvwm under Solaris/openwindows

From: Brian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 8:25:24 +1030

Mark Boolootian writes:

>  o When I fire up /usr/openwin/bin/xman, it doesn't work.  The only button
>	which is clickable is the 'Quit' button.

Having discovered tkman, I have tossed xman out the window.  It requires
Tcl and Tk, but it is a vast improvement on xman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Brian Schroeder              |
 ,-_|\     [email-masked]           |    Our greatest danger in life is
/     \    Boral Energy Resources Ltd  |   in permitting the  urgent things
\_,-*_/    Adelaide Australia          |      to crowd out the important.
     v     GPO Box 2576 Adelaide 5001  |           CHARLES E. HUMMEL
          PH +61 8 8235 3782           |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:28:41 +0800 (GMT)

> Tcl and Tk, but it is a vast improvement on xman.

doesn't that require Tcl/Tk 8.0? last time i checked Tkman was part of
TkGoodStuff and it required Tk 8.0. I only have 7.5 and I'm _not_ willing
to build yet another library..

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Orlando Andico                email: [email-masked] |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman   http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
|  "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Schendel)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 06:21:18 -0500

On Mar 12, 13:28, Orlando Andico wrote:
> Subject: RE: FVWM: need help with .fvwm under Solaris/openwindows

No, tkman works fine with Tk 7.6 and I originally ran it under 7.5.
I'm using tkman 1.8, found at ftp.cs.berkeley.edu in /usr/people/phelps/tcltk
I don't know what the current tkman rev is, but I got my copy maybe
6 months ago so it's not THAT old.

-- 
Karl Schendel            Phone: (412) 963-8844
Telesis Computer Corp      Fax: (412) 963-1373
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].