Subject: FVWM: 2.0.45 query

From: [email-masked] (Nadim Saeed)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:44:11 -0800 (PST)

Howdy folks, I'm re-mailing my original mailer since I haven't gotten any
responses and I'm still at a loss to find answers.

ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:59:40 -0800 (PST)
To: [email-masked]

1. Could someone please explain how 'Restart fvwm2' works.
    I've noticed that even if I _delete_ my executable file (fvwm) while fvwm
    is running and Restart, it will restart without a hitch (shouldn't it 
    re-read the binaries again in case they've changed ?).  I came across 
    this when I modified one of the files (functions.c) and included some 
    printf's which never showed up (via restarts) until I killed the process 
    and command-line started fvwm.

2. MouseFocus vs. ClickToFocus:
    From my adventures into seeing why a certain feature does not work for me, 
    I've come to believe that ClickToFocus and MouseFocus function quite 
    differently internal to fvwm (in terms of including windows in the
    Window-list structure of last focused things).  In other words, if you
    have 4 windows on your current page and you have ClickToFocus enabled
    and you circulated around them, then the focused list would be 1->2->3->4
    (Scr.Focus - next - prev); if, on the word hand, you have MouseFocus then
    the list would _not_ be 1->2->3->4 even though you went through the same
    focusing procedure (ie. you circulated through the same windows).  I
    haven't been able to determine how MouseFocus'ed windows are included 
    into that list/structure.
 
Any ideas ?

Many Thanks in advance,

 - Nadim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].