Subject: FVWM: How do find what's using all the colours?

From: Brian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 9:28:07 +1030

I am running fvwm 2.045 on a sun with Solaris 2.5.1 and X11R6.3.  I have gone
through all my pixmap selections and my fvwmrc to try to minimize colour
usage, but still seem to have used up all my colours.  I have recently
discovered the cnice program, and it gives me the following information about
my colour usage:

used: 2, shared: 254, free: 0

So, does anyone know of an easy way to find out where all my colours are
going?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ,-_|\      Brian Schroeder            |   He who lives to benefit himself
/     \     [email-masked]          |   confers on the  world a benefit
\_,-*_/     Boral Energy Resources Ltd |            when he dies.
     v      Adelaide Australia         |             TERTULLIAN
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 08:15:17 -0500

> So, does anyone know of an easy way to find out where all my colours are

Make sure if  you are running   Netscape, that you minimize  its color
usage.  Usually by starting netscape with the "-install" option.

Do a web  search and  find  the utility "colormap"  by Barry  Solomon.
This might be helpful.  It can't  really identify which application is
using the colors but it does provide some information.

Check out the  colorlimiting patch  which I posted   to  this group  a
couple of days ago.   If you missed it, send  me mail and I will  send
you a copy.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].