Subject: FVWM: FwmPager's miniIcons & muti-manager IconMan

From: Choksing Taweponsomkiat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 14:26:03 -0800

Hi,

I have 2 questions

1) How do I configure FvwmPager to display both  mini-icons and small
font title? It seems to be able to do just either one of them.

2) I have FvwmIconMan 0.9.7. (If it possible, )How do I configure it to
have one manager manage emacs windows of that page and another manager
manage emacs windows in all other pages/desks?

Thanks
-- 
======================================================================
Choksing Taweponsomkiat.
E-mail : [email-masked] 
Address: Central Coast Systems, Inc.
	 425 Sumner Ave
	 Aptos, CA 95003
phone  : (408)688-3615       fax : (408)688.3903
======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 1997 21:11:28 -0700

> manage emacs windows in all other pages/desks?

Not sure exactly what you want. Do you want one manager to show the emacs
windows on the current page, and the second to show all the rest, and as you
switch pages they get updated correspondingly? It can't do that. That would be
cool though. There's a simple change that would make that work, but I'll have
to think about the ramifications of it.

If you have one special page that contains emacs windows that need their own
manager, and this page doesn't change, that would work.

Simplest way is if you could have the first emacs set the icon string to
contain some special string, and then have a manager set to catch all windows
whose icon names contain that string. You can then set the format option to
something like "%t" so it displays the title string and not the icon. Since
these emacs windows seem special (or why else have them in their own manager"
it might work.

Example, make those emacs windows' icon names contain "bubba" and use this:

*FvwmIconMan*1*format "%t"
*FvwmIconMan*1*resolution global
*FvwmIconMan*1*show icon=*bubba*

*FvwmIconMan*2*format "%t"
*FvwmIconMan*2*resolution global
*FvwmIconMan*2*show resource=emacs resource=gemacs

Manager 1 catches the special emacs's and #2 gets all the rest.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:27:38 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Yesterday I stumbled accross a problem with FVWM. My first thought was
that I make a mistake in my application but now I see that FVWM just
handles modal dialogs differently than mwm and dtwm.

I got three windows:

        -------------------------------------------
        ! Main Window                             !
        !                                         !
        !  -------------------------------------  !
        !  ! Dialog Window                     !  !
        !  !  ------------------------------   !  !
        !  !  ! Sub Dialog Window          !   !  !
        !  !  !                            !   !  !
        !  !  !                            !   !  !
        !  !  !                            !   !  !
        !  !  ------------------------------   !  !
        !  !-----------------------------------!  !
        -------------------------------------------

I have the window hierarchy constructed like this:

       Main Window -> Dialog Window -> Sub Dialog Window

All Dialog Windows have XmDIALOG_FULL_APPLICATION_MODAL set.

Now  what I get with FVWM 2.0.44 is this: When all Windows are managed and
I click on the Main Window, the "Sub Dialog" window disappears. However
the "Dialog Window" stays on top. 

This is *NOT* how it is supposed to work. Both dialog windows should
stay on top when I click on the Main Window. This works with both, Mwm
and Dtwm and I consider this a bug in FVWM. Or is there some fvwm2 setting
which can make it resemble the behaviour of Mwm in this respect.

Thanks a lot -- Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology, 
e-mail    : [email-masked]      Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send 
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Choksing Taweponsomkiat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 11:16:14 -0800

> to think about the ramifications of it.

That's exactly what I want. I guess I have to wait till the next version
then (if you decide to include this feature).