Subject: FVWM: Compileing with gcc under Solaris

From: Henrik Gerdtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:56:55 +0100

Hello

I'm trying to compile fvwm2 to work on my solaris machine. I've made
changes to the Fvwm.tmpl so that gcc will be used. When I compile I get
the following message

oldgold:fvwm-2.0.45 > make
making all in ./libs...
gcc -g -Wall -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92   -I. -I/libs 
-I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
-DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
-DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
-DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE    -c  ClientMsg.c
gcc: language F not recognized
/opt/case/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.3/bin/as: unrecognized option `-cg92'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ClientMsg.o'
Current working directory
/home/erahkgn/.netscape/download/program/fvwm-2.0.45/libs
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I'veread the FAQ on this issue and I've contacted the system admin. They
are unwilling to help with compilation of public domain programs. Is it
perhaps possible to have a personal configuration of imake? If it is how
is it achieved? Is there perhaps some way to edit the Fvwm.tmpl and the
configure.h files so that a compilation will be successful?

I am thankful for all the help a I can get.

/Henrik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Mar 1997 11:02:23 +0100

>>>>> Henrik Gerdtsson writes:

  Henrik> gcc -g -Wall -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92   -I. -I/libs 
  Henrik> -I/usr/openwin/include  -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DSHAPE -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
  Henrik> -DINACTIVE_BTNS -DMINI_ICONS -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS
  Henrik> -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTISTYLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE
  Henrik> -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE    -c  ClientMsg.c
  Henrik> gcc: language F not recognized
  Henrik> /opt/case/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.3/bin/as: unrecognized option `-cg92'
  Henrik> *** Error code 1

You didn't complete the configuration of Imake for Gcc.  You need to
change the compiler options, too.  I've put a file on our FTP server
with the Imake we use for Solaris 2.5.

ftp://ls6-ftp.cs.uni-dortmund.de/pub/X11/imake-gcc-solaris2.tgz

hth,
kai
-- 
I wish my mouth had a backso^Hpace key.