Subject: FVWM: some stuff..

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:50:09 +0800 (GMT)

Hello all!

 this is my first post to this list (even before i've gotten a reply from
your majordomo :)

 i've done some (minor -- 20 lines or less) changes to some of the FVWM
code, specifically, FVWM itself and the FvwmWinList module. it's really
trivial: i didn't like the way FVWM was handling "too-long" window titles,
so i added some code so that it would clip the title at a string boundary.
i also did this with FvwmWinList (which i use instead of hunting for nifty
icons for all my apps :)

 there's a screenshot of what my tiny mods look like:
  http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/linux-desktop.jpg

 (although for this shot, i'd only done the thing for the FvwmWinList, not
the window titles)

 that was to 2.0.43, i'm not certain if it's been done with 2.0.45. what's
required to join the contributors (or something?) i must disclaim: i'm NOT
an expert X programmer although i'm pretty experienced at unix programming
in general. another thing i want to hack is FvwmAudio. i'm not sure about
the rest of you but both fvwm-2.0.43 and fvwm95-2.0.42 exhibit this bug --
FvwmAudio immediately dumps core on startup (using Linux). i also want to
add native support for Linux audio devices..

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Orlando Andico                email: [email-masked] |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman   http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
|  "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].