Subject: FVWM: Autoraise bug?

From: Kirby Bakken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:56:07 -0600

We're running fvwm95-2.0.43a on both a linux box with XFree86, and on an
IBM RS/6000 running AIX, and with autoraise enabled, see an annoying
bug:  The pull-down menu buttons will suddenly by "unautoraised" (ie.
they disappear behing the main window).  A second press of the pull-down
menu works fine.  This behavior occurs about 75% of the time.  I also
see the problem with a pulldown from within the middle of a window in
code I have written.  We have compiled the fvwm code and module with
debug info on, and have a fabulous source-level debugger to use in
debugging the problem, and I was wondering if someone could fill me in
as to what the code design was/is, and where to start looking.  Some
specific questions, why does the Autoraise module get a message packet
when a pull-down menu is 'raised'?  

In the FAQ there is a similar sounding problem where the answer is:

>Known problem.  The window is being raised over the
>override_redirect window that is being used to display the menu.
>Be sure the window is raised before you click on the menubar. 

What do you mean by "Be sure the window is raised before... "  The main
window is the only one on the screen.  Pressing the pulldown button
causes the pulldown to appear, then suddenly disappear (i.e. go behind
the main window)....

Anyway, I'm willing to help if you can give me some hints where to
start.

-- 

Kirby Bakken    [email-masked] (internet: [email-masked])
GTP/MVP Design & Support
GCJ/050-3  Rochester,  MN
Tie 553-4549   Phone (507) 253-4549
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].