Subject: FVWM: How to disable a key assignment temporary

From: Michael Wein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 10:14:32 +0100

Hello,

I hope this isn´t a FAQ, at least I could find it in any documents
available to me. If the question is asked frequently please point me to
a source where I can find the anwer.

My problem:

I would like to know if there is a way to (temporary) disable the global
key settings for a specific application. E. g. I have bound the
following to my function keys (in ~/.fvwm2rc):

Key F1		WTSF	N	Iconify
Key F2		WTSF	N	Raise
Key F3		WTSF	N	Lower
Key F4		WTSF 	N	Maximize 0 100
Key F5		WTSF 	N	Module FvwmIdent
Key F6		WTSF 	N	Refresh
Key F7		WTSF 	N	Delete
Key F8		WTSF 	N	Destroy
Key F9		WTSF 	N	Restart fvwm2
Key F10		WTSF 	N	Stick
Key F11		WTSF 	N	Next [*] Focus
Key F12		WTSF 	N	Prev [*] Focus

Now I would like to start an application that also makes use of the
function keys. An example of such an application is Emacs. But with the
boundings above they won´t work of course. I understand that I could
modify the context from "WTSF" to "TSF", but that is not what I usually
want since I prefer to use the function keys anywhere within my windows.

If someone has an idea what I could do (Style option?), please let me
know. Thank you very much in advance.

Michael Wein
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].