Subject: Re: FVWM: IconStyle? / Wharf

From: [email-masked] (Jose M. Pereira)
Date: 02 Mar 1997 00:40:07 +0000

"Ives Aerts" <[email-masked]> writes:

> *) I had a very hard time deciding between Afterstep and Fvwm. Finally
>    I decided to go for Fvwm's functional superiority and try to get it
>    to look at least as good as Afterstep. One thing I'm missing though
>    is wharf. I know there's FvwmButtons but it's not quite the same.
>    Is there any mdule for Fvwm that resembles wharf more?

Well, if you like wharf so much, then use it! Yes, it works w/ 2.0.45, I
checked - although I couldn't see the point of trading FvwmButtons for it...

A good Wharf conf. lines set, anyone?

-- 
Jose' Pereira
	     INESC (Inst. Eng. Sistemas e Computadores)
             R. Alves Redol 9, 6. 1000 Lisboa, PORTUGAL.
		<< Hit any user to continue >>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Mar 1997 19:18:12 -0600

>>>>> "JMP" == Jose M Pereira <[email-masked]> writes:

JMP> Well, if you like wharf so much, then use it! Yes, it works w/ 2.0.45,
JMP> I checked - although I couldn't see the point of trading FvwmButtons
JMP> for it...

Can it be distributed separately?  I could put a copy on the FTP site, or
perhaps (Chuck willing) it could become part of the distribution.  If
people find it useful, there's no reason for them to have to pull the
entire Afterstep distribution to get it.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 07:52:57 -0500

You might also look at tkgoodstuff.  You can use background tiles, buttons can
pop-up additional button bars, button relief can be normally flat (for a sleek
look), there is a built-in task-bar, menu, pager, multi-biff, clock, multiple
logfile watcher, etc., etc., all GUI-configured.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~markcrim/tkgoodstuff

Mark

---

From: "Ives Aerts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:52:04 +0100

On Mar 2,  0:40, Jose M. Pereira wrote:
> Subject: Re: FVWM: IconStyle? / Wharf

Doh! Should have tried before posting I guess...

> A good Wharf conf. lines set, anyone?

I'm trying to find one, but somehow I can't get it to swallow applications
(I get just a blank button).

Cheers,
-Ives
______________________________________________________________________
Ives Aerts (SW Developer)                    Sony Objective Composer
[email-masked]                       St.Stevens Woluwestr. 55
                                             B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
`Bee There Orr Bee a Rectangular Thyng'      PHONE : +32 2 724 19 80
                  (Soul Music - T.Pratchett) FAX   : +32 2 726 26 86
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Ives Aerts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:29:05 +0100

On Mar 2,  7:52, [email-masked] wrote:
> You might also look at tkgoodstuff.

Anyone who has a configuration file for tkgoodstuff which makes it look
like Wharf?

Cheers,
-Ives

---

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:25:37 -0500

> (I get just a blank button).

This is getting a little silly. There are features in Wharf that would
be wonderful additions to FvwmButtons. The "Folders" concept is one of
them, as far as I'm concerned. . Why don't we put together a list of
these features, and start porting them back into FvwmButtons? I'll at
least volunteer to coordinate patches to FvwmButtons.

- Jim

---

From: Patrice Fortier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:44:39 +0100 (MET)

> > (I get just a blank button).

That's the problem with Warf when you use it with Fvwm2...

> least volunteer to coordinate patches to FvwmButtons.

Why only from Warf?
You can also add
 - Pixmap background (done)      (enlightment)
 - Transparent background (done) (enlightment)
 - DND support                   (Offix)
 - There are also a couple of patch/bugfix on this list which were
   never applied...

Lokh.