Subject: FVWM: What is this ClearmakeOSName, anyway?

From: Egil Kvaleberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:58:19 +0100 (MET)

I compiled the new fvwm2 today. I tried to follow the instructions, but
stumbled over a little problem:  Several of the Makefiles produced
contained a referrence to a command called ClearmakeOSName. Which neither
me nor me machine has ever heard of (Linux 2.0.29). 

To continue, I made a little executable and named it ClearmakeOSName:

	#!/bin/sh
	$*

It seemed to work. But clearly, I must be missing something.

Egil
-- 
Email: [email-masked]  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway
URL:   http://home.sn.no/home/egilk/	    PGP: finger:[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olly Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:46:31 -0800

Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
|>
|> I compiled the new fvwm2 today. I tried to follow the instructions, but
|> stumbled over a little problem:  Several of the Makefiles produced
|> contained a referrence to a command called ClearmakeOSName. Which neither
|> me nor me machine has ever heard of (Linux 2.0.29). 
|> 

'clearmake' is part of the ClearCase configuration management system.
The X consortium recently switched to using it so the imake system that
comes with X11R6 has support for it.

However, if you don't use clearcase, you shouldn't have a problem.

Looks like there's something wrong with your X configuration/setup.

Olly