Subject: FVWM: Re: FVWM color limiting

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 13 Mar 1997 08:29:41 -0500

>   Before I reply to the list, lets first find out whats wrong.  I
> didn't experience this problem, and I have a thing against click to
> focus.

Hmm.  I was under the impression you used click focus since FlipFocus
works best with it.  Not that it matters.

>   Perhaps you should try a make clean and then re-make.

Yup, it works fine after building from scratch.

>   I'm especially interested in how well the colors look.  Since I
> posted the patch, I added another 20 colors to the built in table,
> but I have been waiting for feedback before I send in that change.

They look pretty good, though I think the full list should be
documented somewhere other than the source.  Better yet, it would be
nice if users could specify a base set of colors, perhaps by
specifying a pixmap file that contains them all, sort like the way
pixy (now why did I come up with that as an example :-) works.
There's a couple of shades of gray (gray50 and gray75) I use in the
pixmaps I use for a title bar texture that came out looking a bit
strange.

Overall, though, I like this patch a lot.

Dave
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 13 Mar 1997 09:09:07 -0500

>>>>> In article <[email-masked]>,
>>>>> [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg) writes:

A message that was supposed to only go to Dan Espen.

It doesn't happen very often, but I occasionally hate Gnus.  It's been
too easy to get in the habit of doing a followup to email messages
instead of replies since, in the case of email, I typically want to
send the reply to the CC list as well as the sender.  Unfortunately if
I do that in a mailing list group such as this one (where private mail
dealing with fvwm also ends up), followup works as it would in a
newsgroup so the message gets posted.  Sigh.  My apologies to Dan
Espen for sending to the entire list rather than privately.  And my
apologies to the list for the waste of bandwidth (and this one too).

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]