Subject: FVWM: TkGoodStuff redraw?

From: "Scott." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:33:44 -0800 (PST)

ok, another question... :)

i am running TKGoodStuff as an FVWM2 module (fvwm 2.0.45) and am having
some sort of a redraw problem..

when TKGoodStuff initially loads up, the WindowList Client in TKGoodStuff
isnt being displayed, but then, when i have it Auto-Minimize, and then
move the mouse over it again, the WindowList shows up...

this leads me to believe that this is some sort of redraw problem...
anyone else have this type of errant behavior? or is this the norm?

also, a more FVWM2 relavent question: 

	is UserPlacement the default window placement method? i read
through the man pages, and read about smartplacement and others, but didnt
catch anything about userplacement... (then again, it was at 2am last
night..).. 

anyways, how can i define all windows to be placed by me? 

	Style "*" UserPlacement
?

or just remove all the other Placement methods to default to
userplacement?

thanx bunch!! :)

Later,           ,----_   _.--,
 Scott.         /      ---   * :             ,,,
               |    .-.  .-. --------------,----,
               |    | |  | | ______________'____'
               |    `-'  `-'=_               '''
                \     _---___-'      ---Guitar Freaks' Home Page---
  	         '---'               http://www.scs.unr.edu/~scottf
(obligatory .sig.. :)  )             Lessons, Tabs, Links, & Tuner!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:07:56 -0500

> anyone else have this type of errant behavior? or is this the norm?

You need to patch fvwm2.  The patch is in the main directory of 
the tkgoodstuff distribution, and I believe that it will be in the
next release of fvwm2.

---

From: "Scott." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:23:32 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

> the tkgoodstuff distribution, 

thank you VERY much... :)... i'll be heading back there right when i get
home... :)

Later,           ,----_   _.--,
 Scott.         /      ---   * :             ,,,