Subject: FVWM: FVWM HELP!!

From: Jason Harrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 22:56:30 -0600

I unistalled fvwm95 and TheNextLevel from my Linux workstation :-) and 
installed fvwm2.0.45.  Now when I run X no xterms or anything comes up! 
 I used a modified .fvwmrc file and it seems like fvwm2 isn't reading 
the file.  What do I do?  Also, I saw that people who istalled the Xaw95 
widgets xterm title bar looked like Win95's title bar.  How do I get 
mine like that?  You know, with the icon of the app in the upper left 
corner and the "-" and "x" in the upper right hand corner.  PLEASE HELP 
ME OUT!!!  Thanks in advance!

Jason
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Choksing Taweponsomkiat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 11:11:50 -0800

Jason Harrell wrote:
> 
> I unistalled fvwm95 and TheNextLevel from my Linux workstation :-) >and
> installed fvwm2.0.45.  Now when I run X no xterms or anything comes >up!
>  I used a modified .fvwmrc file and it seems like fvwm2 isn't >reading
> the file.  What do I do?  

You may have to change the file name to .fvwm2rc.

>Also, I saw that people who istalled the Xaw95
> corner 

To get the "mini-icon" at the upper left conner.
  First you have to have something similar to this in your .fvwm2rc
	Style	"emacs*"	MiniIcon mini-edit.xpm,Icon emacs.xpm
  Then put
	ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon		
   and you have to comment out the old ButtonStyle for button 1.
> the "-" and "x" in the upper right hand corner.  PLEASE HELP 

I haven't done this before but you can use pixmap for each button style.
Read the "fvwm2" manual for details.

-- 
======================================================================
Choksing Taweponsomkiat.
E-mail : [email-masked] 
Address: Central Coast Systems, Inc.
	 425 Sumner Ave
	 Aptos, CA 95003
phone  : (408)688-3615       fax : (408)688.3903
======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].