Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 icon placement?

From: Charlton Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 00:28:36 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to have multiple invisible IconBox's?  For example,
after iconifying a row of icons at the bottom of my screen,  I'd like
the next iconified windows to be placed in another row just above the
row on the bottom.
I've tried this:

Style "*" IconBox 5 -312 -5 -239
Style "*" IconBox 5 -234 -5 -161
Style "*" IconBox 5 -156 -5 -83
Style "*" IconBox 5 -78 -635 -5

This worked in fvwm version 1,  but in version 2 I guess only the last
IconBox is the one used,  as soon as that one is filled up the icon just
goes to dumb placement around the desktop.  I've also tried a larger IconBox:

Style "*" IconBox 5 -250 -635 -5

and this line in the FvwmIconBox options:

*FvwmIconBoxPlacement   Left Bottom

But for some reason the icons still place top-to-bottom for the 'secondary'
placement.
The multiple boxes would be better instead of one big box with bottom-to-
top secondary placement because I'd like the boxes to be of different
sizes.
Does someone know what I can try?

Charlton

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].