Subject: FVWM: talking to FVWM

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 12:53:07 +0800 (GMT)

hello:

  I am writing something that wishes to talk to FVWM but it doesn't work.
I can send stuff to FVWM all right, but nothing ever comes back to me!
I have something like this to read the pipe:

  select (fd[1], &read, NULL, NULL, &timeout);
  if (FD_ISSET (fd[1], &read)
  {
    ReadFvwmInfo ();
  }

  The ReadFvwmInfo () is taken from FvwmWinList. But I _never_ read
anything! also FvwmTalk can't read anything either (it says Dead Pipe).
Where can I find docs on the comm protocol between Fvwm and its modules
(other than the source code)?

TIA

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Orlando Andico                email: [email-masked] |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman   http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
|  "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].