Subject: FVWM: Bad Atom

From: David Koski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:32:43 -0500

Has anyone ever seen this?

> ERROR           X Windows error: "BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)"
> Request: 18.
> while           X Windows IO error.
> EXITING         cannot recover from error

Its fvwm 1.24r running openwindows on an UltraSparc 140E on Solaris
2.5.1. Also compiling fvwm-2.0.45 seems to work but then it eats itself
when executed.  It tries to executes every line of the .fvwm2rc file as
a module.

I tried removing all system.fvwmrc files, etc, and I still got BadAtom
when trying to run my application (Cabletron Spectrum Network Management
system).  Let me know if anyone has run into any of these problems and
have overcome them.  I'd hate to have to stop using fvwm.

	Thanks

		David

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
UMNet               MichNet                CICNet              Merit RA
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                          Computer Systems Consultant II
Spectrum Administration	                       Network Operations Center
Unix Administration               U of M Information Technology Division
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].