Subject: FVWM: Key bindings:

From: Moneesh Upmanyu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:01:19 -0500 (EST)

I am running fvwm on a SUN SPARC20 using Adobe (?) OpenWindows (not 
sure). I used fvwm from /usr/contrib/ in the andrew file system that the 
university here has.

I use xemacs as well as framemaker, and the <Ctrl>+Arrowkey and the 
<Meta>+ Arrowkeys key bindings in fvwm (to shift between pages as well 
desktops) hinders with some important commands in xemacs and framemaker. 
I don't have a .fvwmrc file, but I obviously need to create one to 
supersede the <Ctrl>+Arrowkey and <Meta>+ Arrowkeys keybindings in fvwm. 
I would appreciate it if I could know what all include to in my .fvwmrc 
file to supersede these bindings or bind them to some other keys.

Thanks

Moneesh
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Mar 1997 19:22:21 +0100

>>>>> Moneesh Upmanyu writes:

  Moneesh> I use xemacs as well as framemaker, and the <Ctrl>+Arrowkey
  Moneesh> and the <Meta>+ Arrowkeys key bindings in fvwm (to shift
  Moneesh> between pages as well desktops) hinders with some important
  Moneesh> commands in xemacs and framemaker.  I don't have a .fvwmrc
  Moneesh> file, but I obviously need to create one to supersede the
  Moneesh> <Ctrl>+Arrowkey and <Meta>+ Arrowkeys keybindings in fvwm.
  Moneesh> I would appreciate it if I could know what all include to
  Moneesh> in my .fvwmrc file to supersede these bindings or bind them
  Moneesh> to some other keys.

Copy the system.fvwmrc (or is it system.fvwm2rc?) to your home
directory as ~/.fvwmrc (or ~/.fvwm2rc) and edit it.

Example what to look for:

Key Down        A       4       Next [CurrentDesk] Function GoThere
                                ^
                                Function to execute
                        ^
                        Modifier, can be S(hift), C(trl), M(eta),
                        or a number 1 thru 5.  Type "xmodmap -pm"
                        to see what keys are associated with which
                        number
                ^
                Context, A means any, W means window, T means
                title, ...  see man page for details
    ^
    Key name.  Down, Left, Right, Up are the arrow keys

hth,
kai
-- 
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)