Subject: FVWM: How do modules know when to quit?

From: "Randy J. Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:28:29 -0700

I can't seem to find any concrete communication between fvwm and its running
modules that takes place either at exit or restart (that is, in the Done()
routine of fvwm.c). I see where all pipes to the modules are closed, then fvwm
simple waits for all the children to expire. What are the C modules doing to
recognize that this has happened? A SIGPIPE is generated only when a process
tries to write to a defunct pipe (according to signal(5)). So a catcher for
SIGPIPE is not guaranteed to catch the exit/restart of fvwm. I'm sure it's in
the module code somewhere, but I have yet to find it.

Randy
--
===============================================================================
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST Technologies IAD/CSS/DPDS         Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." --Calvin
===============================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].