Subject: FVWM: Problem with an X11 app

From: [email-masked] (Robert H. Ford II)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:32:59 -0600

The following is from the FAQ:

31) I try to run some program under FVWM, but it dies with an X11
    error like BadAccess.  The same program works just fine under MWM
    or OLWM.  What's going on?

A: The error message usually looks something like this:

        X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
        resource denied)
         Major opcode of failed request:  28 (X_GrabButton)
         Serial number of failed request:  1595
         Current serial number in output stream:  1596

   Well, this is telling you that there is a conflict in key/button
   assignments.  In your .fvwm2rc you have bound some key/button that
   this program really wants to bind to an action, but it can't since
   FVWM has already done so (but you weren't doing it in the rc file
   for your previous window manager).  Figure out what the offending
   key binding is and remove it from your .fvwm2rc, or temporarily via
   FvwmTalk by removing the FVWM binding (see the man page for the Key
   & Mouse commands).

I am runing Fvwm2 pl 43 on a Solaris 2.5.1 box with x11r6.1.

Well with that said and done.  My problem is this, when I try iconifying my
application with a title button selection (the following is from my button
style file for this button:

ButtonStyle 4 ActiveUp (-- raised) ActiveDown (-- sunk) Inactive (-- flat)
AddButtonStyle 4 ActiveUp (Pixmap /home/misha21/icon/Re-jlower.xpm) ActiveDown
(
Pixmap /home/misha21/icon/Re-mini.xpm) Inactive (Pixmap
/home/misha21/icon/Re-jx
.xpm)

and this is the mouse settings for this button:

Mouse 0 4       A       Iconify), my application dies like the above FAQ, but
when I use the keyboard selection (Key L7 on the sun keyborad, and here is the
setting:
Key L7          A       A       Iconify) it iconifies just fine.

Does anyone out there have any idea why the same "Iconify" works from the
keyboard but not from the title bar?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW here is the error message I am getting:

xtent: fatal error encountered at line 1401, message 3.
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  2006
  Current serial number in output stream:  2006

Thank You

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     Email: [email-masked]
                                                Voice: (630) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].