Subject: FVWM: Newbie question about interaction

From: Morgan Fletcher <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 1997 15:01:03 -0800

My friend Paul (an as-of-yet non-FVWM user) asks:

  I was wondering if there was something like "fvwmclient" which would
  allow you to call those functions from the command line.  So you could
  write a little wrapper script like:

  #!/bin/sh
  emacsclient $1
  fvwmclient 'Focus Emacs ; WarpToWindow Emacs'

Is there a way that, whenever he opened a file with emacsclient (a small
app which communicates with an already-running emacs and instructs that
instance of emacs to open the passed file) fvwm would raise/de-iconify the
emacs window and warp to it?

We're running FVWM 2.0.45 on SunOS and X11R5.

morgan
-- 
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
>> M o r g a n   F l e t c h e r         http://www.hahaha.org <<
>> Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.     [email-masked] <<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 24 Mar 1997 08:45:33 -0500

> We're running FVWM 2.0.45 on SunOS and X11R5.

In your 2.0.45 source tree, go to the extras directory and build
FvwmCommand.  I use it all the time.  It works almost exactly as you
describe your theoretical fvwmclient.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]