Subject: FVWM: Icons on FvwmForms????

From: Uncle Buck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:38:10 -0500 (EST)

I'm new to fvwm so if this is a stupid question, pardon me.  I was wondering
if you can place an icon on a form.  Is it possible and how?

Thanks,
Buck
 
dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd
David Bryan Buckingham                           / \         Louisville Chapter
(502)397-5496 (pager)                           /TTT\     Chapter Administrator
[email-masked]           /__T__\                    lou95
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~dbbuck01        TRIANGLE
                                              FRATERNITY
"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."
dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Eddy J. Gurney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:20:26 -0500

On Mar 5 at 13:38, Uncle Buck wrote:
,--
| I'm new to fvwm so if this is a stupid question, pardon me.  I was wondering
| if you can place an icon on a form.  Is it possible and how?
`--
You should check out 'FvwmScript' that is in the 'extras' directory that
is part of the fvwm-2.0.45 distribution. It is an outstanding replacement for
'FvwmForm'... its only downside is that it needs an external script to
define what it is supposed to do; there is no way to embed it in your .fvwm2rc
file like you can with FvwmForm. Other than that, its feature and "look and
feel" are much better than "its competitor".

This assumes, of course, that you build and install fvwm yourself; if not,
you may be out of luck, unless you have a nice sysadmin who will build and
install it for you... :-)

Just my $0.02,
Eddy

---

From: Andrew Leahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 15:19:11 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Eddy J. Gurney wrote:

> is part of the fvwm-2.0.45 distribution. It is an outstanding
> replacement for 'FvwmForm'... its only downside is that it needs an
> external script to define what it is supposed to do; there is no way to
> embed it in your .fvwm2rc file like you can with FvwmForm. Other than
> that, its feature and "look and feel" are much better than "its
> competitor". 

FvwmScript 3.0 is distributed with fvwm2.0.45, but I just found that
FvwmScript 3.1 (last updated Feb 18th 1997) is available. The page is
written in French, the link to the distribution is at the bottom of the
page with the anchor text "ici" - which I guess is French for "here" :-) 

	http://echo-linux.alienor.fr/articles/fvwm/fvwmscrp.htm

A question...

I've just stumbled across TkDesk
(http://sun1.rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de/~zzhibol/tkdesk/).  I haven't
started playing with it yet, but, has anyone had problems integrating this
with tkGoodStuff and Fvwm2? I think, I just want to use the Filer and
other apps but want to stick with the tkGoodStuff application/taskbar. 
Does anyone have experiences with tkDesk? 

_____________________________________________________________________________
Andrew "Alf" Leahy,                                         phone: 047 360385 
Unix Administrator,                              mailto:[email-masked]
Systems & Ops, TASS, CCD, UWS Nepean    http://www.st.nepean.uws.edu.au/~alf/