Subject: FVWM: Restart & MouseFocus vs. ClickToFocus

From: [email-masked] (Nadim Saeed)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:59:40 -0800 (PST)

Could someone please explain how 'Restart fvwm2' works.
 I've noticed that even if I _delete_ my executable file (fvwm) while fvwm
 is running and Restart, it will restart without a hitch (shouldn't it re-read
 the binaries again in case they've changed ?).  I came across this when I
 modified one of the files (functions.c) and included some printf's which never
 showed up (via restarts) until I killed the process and command-line
 started fvwm.

MouseFocus vs. ClickToFocus:
 From my adventures into seeing why a certain feature does not work for me 
 (and I am SURE it doesn't work for _me_), I've come to believe that
 ClickToFocus and MouseFocus function quite differently internal to fvwm 
 (in terms of including windows in the Window-list structure of last focused
 things).  In other words, if you have 4 windows on your current desk and you
 have ClickToFocus enabled and you circulated around them, then the focused
 list would be 1->2->3->4 (Scr.Focus - next - prev); if, on the word hand, you
 have MouseFocus then the list would _not_ be 1->2->3->4 even though you went
 through the same focusing procedure (ie. you circulated through the same 
 windows).  I haven't been able to determine how MouseFocus'ed windows are 
 included into that list, any ideas ?

Thanks,

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].