Subject: FVWM: [Announce] The Dotfile Generator ver 2.0 released

From: Jesper Pedersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:46:29 +0100 (MET)

--------------------------------------------------
       Dotfile Generator 2.0 Now Available
      ----------------------------------------------- 1997 Feb 5 ---

  This note is to announce the public relase of The Dotfile Generator
  version 2.0. Lots of changes have been made, since last version, which was
  released for more than a year ago.

What is the Dotfile Generator
-----------------------------
  The Dotfile Generator is a tool to help the end user configure basic
  things as well as exotic features of his or her favorite programs
  without knowing the syntax of the configuration files, or reading
  hundreds of pages in a manual. At the moment, The Dotfile Generator
  knows how to configure Bash, Fvwm1, Fvwm2, Tcsh, Emacs, Elm and Rtin.

A picture is worth a thousand words
-----------------------------------
  Please check out The Dotfile Generator's home page, where you will find
  screen dumps from the program and an article submitted to Linux Journal.
  http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/

The Fvwm2 module (fvwm version 2.0.44 and 2.0.45)
-------------------------------------------------
  This module is without comparison the largest and most extended module
  for The Dotfile Generator. Included is are a few standard configurations,
  which you may start out with, and the capability of reading the original
  dotfile (except module settings).

The Bash module
---------------
  This module consists of 17 configuration pages, logically ordered in 
  two major groups, which makes it easier to find a specific option 
  (e.g. setting up shell prompt, command aliases, completion, error 
  handling and much more).

  If you are interested in further information about the Bash module, you
  are welcome to visit its homepage at http://www.imada.ou.dk/~pzacho/bash/

Other Modules
-------------
  The Dotfile Generator 2.0 is accompanied by a number of other
  modules besides the Bash and Fvwm module, namely:

  o tcsh module
    Configuration of Tcsh shell. Tcsh is a counterpart to Bash (they are
    both shells).

  o elm module
    the ELectronic Mailer.

  o emacs module
    Configuration of the emacs text editor.

  o rtin module
    Configuration of rtin - a USENET news reader.

  o fvwm1 module
    You should really convert to fvwm ver 2.0!

Where do I get it?
------------------
  You can get a FREE copy directly from our ftp site

  ftp://ftp.imada.ou.dk/pub/dotfile/dotfile.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.imada.ou.dk/pub/dotfile/dotfile.tar.Z

  or the NEOSOFT site:
  ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/sorted/misc/dotfile-2.0.tar.gz

Requirements
------------
  The Dotfile Generator requires Tcl/Tk, but don't let that scare you,
  Tcl/Tk compiles on almost every machine that runs X windows.

  You can find Tcl 7.4 and Tk 4.0 at

  ftp://ftp.smli.com/pub/tcl/tcl7.6.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.smli.com/pub/tcl/tk4.2.tar.gz

  or for Linux users, there is a precompiled set for X11R6 at

  ftp://ftp.imada.ou.dk/pub/dotfile/tcl74.tgz
  ftp://ftp.imada.ou.dk/pub/dotfile/tk40.tgz

Kind Regards Jesper Pedersen ([email-masked])

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].