Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan: "DeIconifyToScreen"?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:25:49 -0500

Hi,

I'm a former vtwm user, and I'm now using fvwm 2.0.45, with 
FvwmPager and 
FvwmIconMan.  One of the nice features of vtwm (or at least the 
version I was using) was that if I deiconified something from the 
Icon Manager, it would show up on whatever my current screen was, 
instead of in the screen that it was on originally.  This behavior 
was configurable with the "DeIconifyToScreen" parameter.  I often used
this to move a window from another screen to my current one.

Is there a similar parameter in FVWM or FvwmIconMan so that when I 
click on the icon in the Icon Manager the window shows up in the 
current page?

Thanks,

Sam Kamens

--
Sam Kamens
DTS Wireless
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:28:31 -0500

If you specify

Style "*" StickyIcon

Then deiconifies will open the window on your current screen.  Of
course with Style, you can limit that to specific window types if you
want.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]