Subject: FVWM: [2.0.45] Questions

From: [email-masked] (Nadim Saeed)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:38:01 -0800 (PST)

I'm using 2.0.45 (SunOS) and have the following remark & questions:

Remark(bug?):

 I have the following ButtonStyles in my fvwm2rc file

 # Standard X
 ButtonStyle 1 17 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0 60x50@0 80x70@1 80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1
 # Nested Right Angles (looks nice)
 ButtonStyle 2 14 0x0@1 0x20@1 20x20@0 20x0@0 0x0@1 0x25@1 25x25@1 25x0@1 55x0@1 55x55@0 0x55@0 0x60@1 60x60@1 60x0@1

 Style "*" Color White/DimGray, WindowListSkip, NoHandles, DecorateTransient, BorderWidth 3

 which works fine for the most part except on a few windows.  On those few
 windows, button-2 is non-existent.

 Easiest way to replicate what I'm seeing would be through Netscape.  While 
 using Netscape, try to ftp something which will spawn a query window
 prompting the user for a file name to use and directory location (the window
 name is "Save As... (type application/x-tar, encoding x-compress)" ).  That
 query window on my system will get spawned only with button-1.

Questions:

1. Is there a way grow the pager via a hot-key or a menu click.  In other
   words, I currently use a 'DeskTopSize 3 3 & FvwmPager 0  0' and would
   sometimes like to expand my view to say 'FvwmPager 0  2'.  The way I'm doing
   it now is by killing my current pager, and then invoking a new Pager via
   'FvwmPager 0  2'.  Is there anyway to say "grow by 1" or "shrink by 1" and
   have it replace the current pager that I'm looking at; would it be possible
   to yank on the borders and grow the pager, but instead of the internals
   growing, get a duplicated view (actually, it would be nice to have both
   features - grow the internals and/or get an expanded look based on some user
   defined variables) ?

2. David S. Goldberg ([email-masked]) wrote "RTFM, particularly the
   section on EdgeResistance" when asked about how to disable scrolling.
   From my experiments the true way to disable scrolling is via 
   "EdgeResistance 10000 10000" and not "EdgeScroll 0 0" as it states in the
   man pages.  The reason I'm saying this is due to the fact that you can still
   scroll even if you have "EdgeScroll 0 0" in your .fvwm2rc when you move
   windows about.
   --> Clarification on how to _completely_ disable scrolling (TogglePage) ??

3. Is there a way to bind _multiple_ complex functions to a key/stroke ?
   In other words, can I do the following:

      AddToFunc my-window-sizer
      +       "C"     Maximize 50 100
      +       "D"     Maximize 50 100, Move 50 0

   instead of

      AddToFunc my-window-sizer
      +       "C"     Maximize 50 100
      +       "D"     Maximize 50 100
      +       "D"     Move 50 0

   It seems as though some modules accept the comma (WinList, IconMan, etc)
   to bind actions to keys/strokes while others don't, is there anyway to
   generalize on this and make it applicable to everything (ie. through
   fvwm's parsing)

Thanks in advance for the help.

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].