Subject: FVWM: Need Help w/ a Button

From: Eric Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:21:55 -0500

Hi,

My current button #2, which I use to minimize my windows is defined as:

ButtonStyle 4 16 60x40@1 60x80@0 15x80@0 15x40@1 60x40@1 40x40@1 40x25@1
75x25@1 75x60@0 60x60@0 75x60@0 75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1 60x25@1

If you'll allow a little poetic interpretation:  It looks like a small
"panel" in the upper right hand corner of the button space which is
becoming a large "panel" in the lower left hand corner of the button
space.  To me, it looks like a window which is being maximized.

I'd like button number 2 to look like a window which is being
minimized.  That is, I'd like a large panel in the upper right hand
corner of the button space, the same sized panel in the middle, and a
small panel in the lower left hand corner of the button space.

I tried to reverse the order of the vector definitions, but ended up
with the same size panels in the same places with a reversed shading.

Are there any Vector wizards out there who can help?

TIA,
Eric.
 
-- 
From:  Eric Kahler.
[email-masked] 
http://mars.superlink.net/ekahler/index.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eric Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:03:06 -0500

> Are there any Vector wizards out there who can help?

Well. . . I waited for your replies for about 3.5 ms, and then started
to work on the problem myself.  What I've gotten thus far is:

ButtonStyle 4 17 80x20@0 80x60@0 60x60@0 60x40@0 60x70@0 40x70@0 40x60@0
40x85@0 15x85@0 15x60@1 40x60@1 30x60@1 30x40@1 60x40@1 45x40@1 45x20@1
80x20@1

Which is very, very close to what I'm looking for.  In fact it will do
just fine, but I ran into another question:

It seems that the buttons aren't built on a standard x,y graph (where
the origin is in the lower left hand corner and x and y grow outward
from the origin) from the perspective of a user looking at the button;
am I right about this?  If that is so, exactly what are the orientations
of the x and y axis when one is designing a ButtonStyle from the
perspective of a user looking at the button?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer on this.
Eric.