Subject: FVWM: Note on FvwmIconMan 9.0.2

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Feb 1997 16:52:33 -0700

Sorry about this, but the FvwmmIconMan 0.9.2 tar file I released had the wrong
Imakefile in it. According to the logs here, only one person got it before I
was able to replace the tar file, but whoever that is, they certainly won't be
able to compile it until they get the new one.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: George Avrunin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:10:11 -0500 (EST)

Both of the new FvwmIconMan versions (v0.9.1 and v0.9.2) are seg
faulting when emacs switches to the minibuffer *if* I have the
following line in my .fvwm2rc:

*FvwmIconMan*2*dontshow   title=*Minibuf*

If I take it out, things seem to work fine.  I've enclosed the
FvwmIconMan section of my .fvwm2rc below.  I'm running 2.0.45 on an
AlphaStation 400 4/233 under DU 3.2g.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

George Avrunin                         413-545-4251 (voice)
Dept. of Mathematics, Box 34515        413-545-1801 (fax)
University of Massachusetts            [email-masked]
Amherst, MA  01003-4515                http://www.math.umass.edu/~avrunin/
USA

####################
# part of .fvwm2rc
####################
Style "FvwmIconMan*" HandleWidth 0,BorderWidth 0,NoTitle,NoButton 1,NoButton 2,NoButton 4,NoButton 6, NoButton8

*FvwmIconMan*numManagers 3
*FvwmIconMan*Resolution  global
*FvwmIconMan*background  PowderBlue
*FvwmIconMan*foreground  black
*FvwmIconMan*font        7x13
*FvwmIconMan*action      Mouse  1 N sendcommand Iconify
#*FvwmIconMan*action      Mouse  2 N sendcommand WarpToWindow
*FvwmIconMan*action      Mouse  2 N sendcommand focus
*FvwmIconMan*action      Mouse  3 N sendcommand "Module FvwmIdent FvwmIdent"
#  *FvwmIconMan*action      Select     
*FvwmIconMan*action      Key    q N quit
*FvwmIconMan*followfocus true
*FvwmIconMan*sort        true
*FvwmIconMan*usewinlist  true
#*FvwmIconMan*drawicons   true
#*FvwmIconMan*shape       true
*FvwmIconMan*format      "%i"
*FvwmIconMan*plainbutton          up black PowderBlue
*FvwmIconMan*selectbutton         down black PowderBlue
*FvwmIconMan*focusbutton          up NavyBlue #E2E200000000
*FvwmIconMan*focusandselectButton down NavyBlue #E2E200000000

*FvwmIconMan*1*managergeometry   1x0-125+150
*FvwmIconMan*1*buttongeometry    125x0
#*FvwmIconMan*1*show       resource=emacs resource=gemacs
*FvwmIconMan*1*show       title=*INBOX* title=*vm* title=reply*
*FvwmIconMan*1*title      "Emacs mail"
*FvwmIconMan*1*iconname   "FvwmIconMan: Emacs Mail"

*FvwmIconMan*2*managergeometry 1x0-0+150
*FvwmIconMan*2*buttongeometry 125x0
*FvwmIconMan*2*show       resource=emacs
#*FvwmIconMan*2*dontshow   title=*Minibuf*
*FvwmIconMan*2*title      "Emacs"
*FvwmIconMan*2*iconname   "FvwmIconMan: Emacs"

*FvwmIconMan*3*managergeometry   2x0-0+0
*FvwmIconMan*3*buttongeometry   125x0
*FvwmIconMan*3*Resolution global
*FvwmIconMan*3*dontshow   icon=Untitled resource=emacs
*FvwmIconMan*3*title      "Windows"
*FvwmIconMan*3*iconname   "FvwmIconMan: all"

*FvwmIconMan*transient*geometry 150x100
*FvwmIconMan*transient*dontshow icon=Untitled
*FvwmIconMan*transient*action   Mouse 0 A sendcommand select select Iconify

---

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Feb 1997 14:03:38 -0700

> AlphaStation 400 4/233 under DU 3.2g.  Any suggestions?

Ah, I found it. Silly mistake. A new release will be out shortly (not just for
this). Thanks to everybody who's putting up with this.