Subject: FVWM: fvwm95 vs. fvwm2

From: Jochen Hayek <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 1997 13:23:12 +0100

A friend of mine over here @AGFA.be
saw me using fvwm(2) and picked on me because of the colors
I used by default (-> [jargon file] :angry fruit salad: /n./).

So I decided to change over to fvwm95.

I got the impression (but I did not find that confirmed),
that fvwm95 is a very close fvwm2 relative.

Are they maintained in parallel?

Can I run an ordinary fvwm2 as fvwm95?
(With proper startup file(s) ?!?)

cheers

jh
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 1997 13:54:02 +0100

>>>>> Jochen Hayek writes:

  jh> I got the impression (but I did not find that confirmed),
  jh> that fvwm95 is a very close fvwm2 relative.

fvwm95 was developed starting from fvwm 2.0.42 or .43 or something.

  jh> Are they maintained in parallel?

Not that I know of.

  jh> Can I run an ordinary fvwm2 as fvwm95?
  jh> (With proper startup file(s) ?!?)

fvwm 2.0.45 can imitate pretty much of the look and feel of Win'95, as
far as I'm concerned.  I can send you my .fvwm2rc which gives you the
look but not the feel of Win'95.  2.0.45 has lots of options to deal
with the title bar colors and the border colors.  Pretty nifty is the
gradient stuff, but I don't use it as I'm a friend of subdued colors.
(I use grey and black for everything except for the root window and
the title bar background, which are midnightblue.)

regards,
kai
-- 
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].