Subject: FVWM: Missing icons in button bar / goodies thing ...

From: T <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 17:27:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi
	I tried to write this question before I actually subscribed but
now I am subscribed here. Anyhow, my problem is that the button bar at the
bottom is missing 8 out of 10 icons. My icon path and my pixmap path are
fine and all the .xpm icons are there but only the newspaper one shows up
and the clock works too. The buttons work but the icons aren't there. The
wierd thing is that all the .xpm files are in the pixmap directory , which
is what the
.fvwmrc file is asking for right. I noticed that there is a file called
newspaper in the bitmap directory (no extension, xv says its a bitmap
file), and that is the only
match in the bitmaps directory. It should not be picking that one up
anyhow since the .fvwmrc file is asking for the .xpm not any thing else,
and again, all the proper .xpm icons are in the pixmap directory. Seems
like it should be working fine, according to the .fvwmrc file. Then I
noticed something in the .fvwmfmgr file that noted that I have to copy the
icons to my directory, my home directory I am assuming. This doesnt seem
to get me anywhere. 
  
Sorry if this seems confusing but I am doing my best. I installed this on
two machines and the same thing happens. I got fvwm from the BSDI package.
I am also having some color problems that may or may not be related. Maybe
it craps out on icons that have colors I cant have ? But I doubt it
because it happened on two totally different machines. 

So what I am wondering is where .fvwmrc looks for icons ? The bitmap
directory or the pixmap directory, .fvwmrc specifies both directories. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Terry

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].