Subject: FVWM: StartsOnPage

From: [email-masked] (Robert Joop)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 23:25:00 +0100

i'm trying to convert some olvwm users to fvwm.
the reason they still use olvwm is the easy placement of applications
on the desktop. they can start a couple of applications in parallel,
and olvwm puts their windows on different pages when they pop up. every
time an application pops up a new window, it gets placed on the page
that's been configured for this application's name.

the Style command StartsOnDesk offers half of a solution. i miss a
StartsOnPage counterpart.

how about a StartsOnPage? simple enough to be added to 2.0.4[67]? to
big of a task for fvwm 2.1? not even for >2.1 as this lacking feature
shall be the reason why not all olvwm users should be tempted to turn
over to fvwm? :-)

[...browsing the TODO list...] oh, there is an entry for StartsOnPage!
but the question remains: any plans when it will get implemented?

shall i try to make patch that implements that feature?

rj
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:35:36 GMT

Robert said:
[Snip StartsOnPage]
>  shall i try to make patch that implements that feature?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Please?

(I've been pressing for this for ages, but have no idea how
to go about it.)

-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/
      Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun!       
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].