Subject: Re: FVWM: Trouble with Swallow (UseOld,Noclose) in 2.0.45

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:45:01 CST

[email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec) wrote:

>>>>> Chris Rode writes:

C> [Wait is still hanging for me...]

Wait works for me, and it seems to work for most (all?) of us now
Do you really use the latest 2.0.45 ?

Anyway, this was a patch from Matsushita san for 2.0.44 ?
Is this included in your sources?

----->> i know Wait is working for most, if not all, now.  and like i
said, it's working for another person here using my binaries, and a
derivative of my rc.  i am using 2.0.45:

12:42pm [help1:~]% fvwm2 -version
[FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.0.45 compiled on Jan 23 1997 at 12:12:37

and i double checked the fvwm.c file, and the patch is included.  i have
*no* idea what's going on...

--chris.

--
"an unbearable pain, a beating in my brain, that leaves the mark of
 cain, right here inside...what am i supposed to do, when everything
 that i've done, is leading me to conclude, i'm not the one...whatever
 i've done, i've been staring down the barrel of a gun..." -- dM.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 21:26:46 +0100

>>>>> Chris Rode writes:

C> [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec) wrote:

C> i know Wait is working for most, if not all, now.  and like i
C> said, it's working for another person here using my binaries, and a
C> derivative of my rc.  i am using 2.0.45:

C> 12:42pm [help1:~]% fvwm2 -version
C> [FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.0.45 compiled on Jan 23 1997 at 12:12:37

C> and i double checked the fvwm.c file, and the patch is included.  i have
C> *no* idea what's going on...

as far as I understood, the lockup came from a timing condition.
(grabbing the server too early / too late ?)
the bug was 'fixed' by moving around the XGrabServer() call.

Looks like you've got the fastest (/slowest) machine of us all ?

anyone knowing of a better fix ?

albrecht
-- 
Oh Moon! When I look on thy beautiful face,
Careering along through the boundaries of space,
The thought has quite frequently come to my mind,
If ever I'll gaze on thy glorious behind.
   --  Found in the mattress of Edmund Gosse's serving maid, after her death.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].