Subject: FVWM: Feature: EdgeResistance

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 1997 16:06:38 +0100

Hi,

currently, if EdgeResistance is 50, I can't move a window 45 (for 1 <=
45 < 50) pixels off screen.  WIBNI Fvwm would recognize where I'm
coming from and possibly allow me to move the window 45 pixels off
screen even so?

Recipe: offer a resistance of 50 pixels for moving off screen, but if
the window is already off screen, allow it to be moved closer to the
edge than 50 pixels.  Currently, it snaps back completely on-screen
when I do that.

Kinda difficult to describe...

kai
-- 
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bill Oswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:19:08 -0600 (CST)

> Excerpts from fvwm: 21-Feb-97 FVWM: Feature: EdgeResistance Kai
> [email-masked] (796*)

> WIBNI Fvwm would recognize where I'm

> Kinda difficult to describe...

True... but you did a good job.  :*)  I've wanted this very feature
several times.  This seems a very natural thing to want to do.  Give me
the resistance as I try and move the window out but let me slide it back
in to any degree.

-Bill