Subject: FVWM: Can this be added as a module to fvwm2?

From: [email-masked] (Richard Wicks)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:02:07 -0500

Hi,

	My name is Richard Wicks and I just subscribed to this list about an
hour ago, so if this is an inappropriate forum for this question, please flame
me and I'll never do it again.

	I wanted to make a module for fvwm2 but since I've never made a module
for any window manager I wasn't sure if it is possible.  Basically, I want
to make a module startup when fvwm2 is started and intercept button presses
#1 and #2 on the ROOT window.  I thought that in this way, I could make
a similar pop up menu that could be configured right from the menu, rather
than having to edit the .fvwm2rc file by hand.  It would have a separate
configuration file apart from fvmw2 as well.

	The module would allow you to modify the commands by popping up a
transient window below the pop-up when the shift key was pressed while
an item was simultaneously selected.  Also, you could add items, and remove
them on the fly as well.  All changes would be saved in a separate
configuration file, with some number of backups so you can undo errors,
or prevent your kids from making you life even worse.

	So, is it possible to redirect the button press events to a module
rather than have fvwm2 intercept them?  I really think that fvwm2 is the
best and most configurable window manager available, and I think by adding
a module like this, it would be usable by a greater number of people. 

thanks alot,
-Rich

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].