Subject: FVWM: FvwmM4... more questions...

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:43:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi... I'm trying to setup two different .fvwm2rc's (one for my personal
use and one as a semi-campus-wide default). I was wondering if there is
any way to specify within ANY .fvwm2rc that it's to be processed using
FvwmM4 instead of having to specify it on the command line. Sorta the way
Shell scripts have the #!/bin/sh and #!/bin/csh or whatever in order to
specify that it's a shell/cshell script. 
	If there's something in the man page I missed (it wasn't all that
informative), I think I read something about putting the word FvwmM4 at
the top of the file, but if you wanted the whole rc file to be processed
then it would have to be specified as a startup command option... I tried
every which way I could think of, but I had to stick to the -cmd "FvwmM4
.fvwm2rc" thing...
	I think this wouldbe a really usefull feature (specifying that the
entire file be processed with a module within the .fvwm2rc) for everyone.
It would definitely make distributing .fvwm2rc's alot easier (the user
wouldn't have to wonder each time he d/l's a new one). I don't know if
this is possible with FvwmCPP cuz I haven't had a chance to look at it
yet.
	In my situation, I want the system-wide .fvwm2rc to be processable
(due to the many different architecture machines with different
configurations that we have) even if it isn't explicitly told to process
on the command line. For my personal use, I wouldn't care (although it'd
make my .xsession look a whole lot prettier). 
			-peace

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K?
w++++ O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5 X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>* 
h*(!) r- y*(+)
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
"Life is when you shake it" -- me

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].