Subject: FVWM: *FvwmTaskBarAction

From: Robert Findler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:29:52 -0600 (CST)

I was wondering if it is possible to have the taskbar pop up a menu
when it is clicked such that the actions in the menu affect the window that
the taskbar refers to, not the actual task bar window. I tried this:

  AddToMenu "Window-Ops2" "&Kill" Destroy
  *FvwmTaskBarAction Click3 PopUp Window-Ops2

But, the Destory even is apparently being sent to the actual TaskBar, not
the window that the TaskBar refers to. Is it possible to change that?

I am using fvwm95-2 if that matters...

Thanks!
Robby
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Feb 1997 11:37:44 +0100

>>>>> Robert Findler writes:

  Robert> I was wondering if it is possible to have the taskbar pop up
  Robert> a menu when it is clicked such that the actions in the menu
  Robert> affect the window that the taskbar refers to, not the actual
  Robert> task bar window. [...]

FvwmIconMan, from ftp.cs.arizona.edu:/people/bradym, does this.  You
can combine it with FvwmButtons to create something that's pretty much
like the taskbar.

kai
-- 
~/.signature