Subject: FVWM: Can't duplicate problem with FlipFocus

From: Dan Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:32:05 -0600

Hello.   Someone reported a problem with FlipFocus, and naturally I was
concerned since I wrote FlipFocus.  I have attempted to duplicate the
reported error with no success.  Unless someone else is having the same
problem, I would surmise that there is something wrong with the setup
which is causing thier problem. (Sorry, I don't remember thier name and
I deleted the mail.)

Dan Niles

-- 
#--------------------------------#
# Dan Niles      Signatures      #
# [email-masked]   should be small #
#--------------------------------#
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tupper Hare <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 15:26:06 -0800 (PST)

> which is causing thier problem. (Sorry, I don't remember thier name and

I am not the one who originally mentioned the problem, but whoever it was
jogged my memory.  I noticed the problem once with two rxvts and a
Restart if I remember correctly.  I tried reproducing it today,
successfully like this:

(Two rxvt's up)

I select restart fvwm2 from the root menu and move the mouse ptr into one
rxvt (it happens to be raised over the other by 40% or so).  Buttons and
borders are stripped away and replaced of course.  When the borders are
back on the two rxvts my mouse ptr is in the window it was in before
Restart but it doesn't have focus; to get focus I have to touch a border
or window bar with mouse.

I believe this is what you're talking about ( I don't have the original
message either ).

FWIW I'm running 2.0.43 in Linux.

tfh

---

From: Dan Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 17:35:18 -0600

> FWIW I'm running 2.0.43 in Linux.

That is not what I'm talking about.  The problem was a problem which only
occured with 2.0.44 and 2.0.45.  It was that after a restart fvwm2 
FlipFocus would produce an error about not being able to find 
module FlipFocus.

Dan

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 18:18:49 +0100

>>>>> Tupper Hare writes:

T> (Two rxvt's up)

T> I select restart fvwm2 from the root menu and move the mouse ptr into one
T> rxvt (it happens to be raised over the other by 40% or so).  Buttons and
T> borders are stripped away and replaced of course.  When the borders are
T> back on the two rxvts my mouse ptr is in the window it was in before
T> Restart but it doesn't have focus; to get focus I have to touch a border
T> or window bar with mouse.

T> I believe this is what you're talking about ( I don't have the original
T> message either ).
don't think so.

that's another bug:

fvwm2 doesn't set the focus to the uppermost window on startup.

[could this be fixed, chuck ?]

add sth like 
+	"I"	next [xterm] focus
to StartUpFunction and RestartFunction as a workaround.

albrecht
-- 
I was born naked, wet and hungry and then things got worse.