Subject: FVWM: Q: FVWM and page size vs. physical screen size.

From: Patrick Haller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 19:44:17 -0500

In the FVWM faq, it says that your page size should be the same size as
your physical screen size.  But with my Linux box with cirrus 5434 and
infiniti monitor, the page size is 20% larger than the physical screen
size.  Anyone know how to change your page size FVWM95-2? 
	Any help would be much appreciated, 
			Patrick.
-- 
Patrick Haller	        System Administrator          1.888.web.sens
[email-masked]                http://www.websense.net/~phaller
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Feb 1997 12:25:50 +0100

>>>>> Patrick Haller writes:

  Patrick> In the FVWM faq, it says that your page size should be the
  Patrick> same size as your physical screen size.  But with my Linux
  Patrick> box with cirrus 5434 and infiniti monitor, the page size is
  Patrick> 20% larger than the physical screen size.  Anyone know how
  Patrick> to change your page size FVWM95-2?

I wager 5 guilders that you're using a graphics card which does a
virtual screen in hardware.  If there is memory left over for
additional pictures some graphics cards provide a panning feature
(pan if mouse touches edge of screen) in order to look at the
additional pictures.  Of course, Fvwm knows nothing about this
hardware feature.  Turn it off in your hardware or X setup.

kai
-- 
My heart is down, my head is turning around;
I had to leave a little girl in Kingston town. -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].