Subject: FVWM: fvwm & WABI

From: Tore Morkemo <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Feb 1997 08:57:48 +0100

Hi!

It happens that I have to run some windows programs with WABI. WABI and
window managers with virtual desktops doesn't communicate to well. The
problem is that the windows that WABI controls will whow up on every
desktop.

Is it possible to tell fvwm, in one way or another, to handle the
WABI-windows like any other X applications?

Tore.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew J Cosgriff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 21:04:36 +1100

"Tore" == Tore Morkemo <[email-masked]> writes:

Tore> It happens that I have to run some windows programs with
Tore> WABI. WABI and window managers with virtual desktops doesn't
Tore> communicate to well. The problem is that the windows that WABI
Tore> controls will whow up on every desktop.

Tore> Is it possible to tell fvwm, in one way or another, to handle
Tore> the WABI-windows like any other X applications?

Not that I'm aware of - this is something WABI does intentionally, and
it's not limited to fvwm...

Bummer, huh ?  This used to bug me too, back when I had a sun...

Andrew.
-- 
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff -                  [email-masked]    (PGP/MIME ok)
 +61 3 9905 1165 (bh) 9905 4746 (fax)    http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc
                  Yow!  Is my fallout shelter termite proof?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 07 Feb 1997 08:50:56 -0500

>>>>> "ajc" == Andrew J Cosgriff <[email-masked]>:
>>>>> "Tore" == Tore Morkemo <[email-masked]>:

ajc> Not that I'm aware of - this is something WABI does
ajc> intentionally, and it's not limited to fvwm...

Something must be possible as Sun's CDE window manager (dtwm?) can
isolate wabi to a given desktop.  I'm seriously considering installing
R6 and trying wabi under xnest.  I just haven't had time.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]