Subject: FVWM: Setting the background image

From: Jason Harrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:18:00 -0600 (CST)

Hello all!

To start, I would like to say that fvwm IS the best window manager in my
humble opinion.   It's very customizable and looks alot like mwm.  Now to
the point.  I just want to know two things:

1. How can I set/change the background color/picture from that dull gray
and black checker crap?

2. Where can I find cool pixmaps for fvwm?

Thanks for the help in advance!

					Jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Albrecht Kadlec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 22:04:49 +0100

>>>>> Jason Harrell writes:

J> Hello all!
J> To start, I would like to say that fvwm IS the best window manager in my
J> humble opinion.   It's very customizable and looks alot like mwm.  Now to
J> the point.  I just want to know two things:

J> 1. How can I set/change the background color/picture from that dull gray
J> and black checker crap?

J> 2. Where can I find cool pixmaps for fvwm?

J> Thanks for the help in advance!

xsetroot -solid 'color'

but how about a monet in the root window?

I use 

DestroyFunc NewBackground
AddToFunc NewBackground	 "I"	exec nice "xv +noresetroot -root -random
 -noqcheck -ncols 100 -max -smooth -quit ~/public_html/Pictures/* 
~/public_html/Pictures/hubble/* ~/public_html/Pictures/*/*/*"

all in one line.

this unpacks any jpeg, gif or other picture, expands it to screen size
installs it to the root window and quits.

this is REAL WORK for my workstation.
The picture appears after some time, but 'nice' takes care I can fully use
my WS inbetween.

albrecht
-- 
A place to stay, enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud about your doubts and fears
And what's more   no-one ever disappears
You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore
And no-one kills the children anymore	-- Pink Floyd, "The Gunners Dream"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].