Subject: FVWM: IconStyle? / Wharf

From: "Ives Aerts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:08:01 +0100

I've been using fvwm on my SGI for two weeks now and I like it alot. I
have a couple of questions which I hope you folks can help me with:

*) I had a very hard time deciding between Afterstep and Fvwm. Finally
   I decided to go for Fvwm's functional superiority and try to get it
   to look at least as good as Afterstep. One thing I'm missing though
   is wharf. I know there's FvwmButtons but it's not quite the same.
   Is there any mdule for Fvwm that resembles wharf more?

*) I made myself a nice decor that uses VGradient for the titlebar. I
   would like to do the same for the small block of text below the
   icons and maybe also for menus, but it doesn't seem to be possible,
   or is it? If not, why? Since the rendering code is already there for
   titlebars, I guess it wouldn't take much code to allow the same for
   other parts.

Cheers,
-Ives
______________________________________________________________________
Ives Aerts (SW Developer)                    Sony Objective Composer
[email-masked]                       St.Stevens Woluwestr. 55
`I didn't expect a kind of Spanish           B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
 Inquisition...'                             PHONE : +32 2 724 19 80
              (Monty Python's flying circus) FAX   : +32 2 726 26 86
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 1997 09:05:45 -0700

>    titlebars, I guess it wouldn't take much code to allow the same for

There has been some private discussion between me and Andrew Veliath on
this. It would be a logical addition. I'd like to see a library where modules
can use that code as well (mmm, gradients in my FvwmButtons). It's not a small
job though. 

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]