Subject: FVWM: FVWM menus in TkGoodstuff Buttons ?

From: Brian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:29:11 +1030

I have assigned a few buttons in my button bar to activate fvwm menus.  I
am thinking of replacing FvwmButtons with TkGoodstuff (any comments on that
idea?), and I am wondering if it is possible to do the same thing there.

OR, would it be possible to swallow the TkGoodstuff bar into the FvwmButtons
bar?

I am just trying to find the best way to get 1) the most functionallity,
2) the greatest available screen real-estate, and 3) the smallest impact on
the host computer -- all at the same time.

Brian Schroeder
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 21:12:20 -0500

Sounds like a wise move to me.  Tkgoodstuff can auto-minimize for
real-estate.  And, modesty aside, it's *way* functional.  But like all
tcl/tk stuff it's memory-hungry.

No need to use FvwmButtons.  To bind a fvwm menu to a tkg button, use
a Tcl command (in the "Advanced" preferences page) like this:

fvwm send 0 {popup "Utilities"}

Of course, tkgoodstuff also has a Menu button with a GUI-configurable
menu . . . 

Mark
(Keep up with tkgoodstuff at 
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~markcrim/tkgoodstuff)

---

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 22:10:42 -0500

> idea?), and I am wondering if it is possible to do the same thing there.

I have a button in tkGoodStuff that is bound to 

   fvwm send 0 {Menu Utilities Nop ""}

This brings up whatever the "Utilities" menu in fvwm is defined as,
assuming that tkGoodStuff is running as a module.

-- 
- Jim Nicholson                        [email-masked]
- I spend 5 hours a day reading email and Usenet. Don't expect me to
- remember everything.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].