Subject: FVWM: New version of FvwmIconMan released

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Feb 1997 13:30:53 -0700

I have released FvwmIconMan 0.9.1. I rewrote damn near everything it seems, so
I think it's much more cool, but it probably has bugs lurking, although I
don't know of any, except for an extremely minor one I don't want to fix
today. I would really appreciate it if some people could take it for a test
drive.

Chuck: most likely you shouldn't put a copy in the fvwm dist. just yet.

Major changes:

1. I rewrote all the X code to make it as easy as I can to optimize away
   useless redrawing of various parts of the manager windows. I have not put
   in all of the optimizations yet, since I'm waiting to see how things
   settle. It should be more efficient than previous versions though already.

2. I changed how you specify the geometry. Instead of one geometry option,
   there are now two: buttongeometry specifies the geometry of each individual
   buttons in units of pixels, and managergeometry specifies the geometry of
   the whole window in units of buttons. With buttongeometry, you can now set
   the height of the buttons (which was previously just the font height + 4),
   and with managergeometry you can now have multiple columns, constrain the
   number of rows (in which case the manager window grows horizontally), or
   constrain the whole geometry (and then when you add windows, it just makes
   the buttons smaller and adds more columns). The syntax for this is
   optimally terse though, so read the manpage.

3. The manager windows can be shaped. Makes (2) look a lot better.

You can get it from:

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/people/bradym/software/FvwmIconMan-0.9.1.tar.gz
        or
ftp://ftp.cs.arizona.edu/people/bradym/FvwmIconMan/FvwmIconMan-0.9.1.tar.gz

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].