Subject: FVWM: Interresting bug in WindowShade.

From: "Ludvig A. Norin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 13:47:20 +0100 (MET)

If you move a window with WindowShade activated, and then deactivade
WindowShade, and then try to use a menu on the menubar in the application,
say any Tcl/Tk program or Netscape etc., the menu will pop up at the
previous position of the window.

Try it out :)

/ Ludvig A.

--- This is a sighfile.

From: Ludvig A. Norin
at  : [email-masked]
or  : [email-masked]
and : http://www.ludd.luth.se/~no

--- So don't go do something stupid now, okay?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:28:37 -0500 (EST)

> previous position of the window.

Yup, just tried it and saw it :-).  I failed to heed the synthetic
ConfigureNotify, but I changed it to do so by sending a ConfigureNotify
when it is unshaded, which corrects the problem.  Thanks for noting this. 

The fix is in a new all changes patch:
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/dist/andrew2.2.0.44.diff.gz

The diff from the andrew.2.0.44.diff.gz is here (line is cut in two):
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/
fvwm_patches/dist/andrew-andrew2.2.0.44.diff.gz

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08