Subject: FVWM: MiniIcons suggestion

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 1997 11:36:41 +0100

Yo!

The day before yesterday I saw a tool for an OS (which shall remain
incognito in order not to arouse the anger of Chuck ;-) which did a
virtual desktop like thingy.  It had something nice: the mini windows
in (the equivalent of) the pager had mini icons in them, so you could
see which desktop was running Netscape and which was running something
else.

Wouldn't that be a nice addition to FvwmPager?

kai
-- 
I like both kinds of music.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 1997 08:45:52 -0700

> Wouldn't that be a nice addition to FvwmPager?

Yes, that would be cool. With my setup, there isn't nearly enough room on
those little windows to have both a mini-icon and the icon name. It already
has a way to disable the window labels (by setting the font to none), so
adding a *FvwmPagerShowMiniIcons option should give the user complete
control. 

I'll add it in tonight, and post a patch. I'll probably center the icon in the
windows.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]