Subject: FVWM: Problems with specifying a particular window

From: [email-masked] (R. Kevin Oberman)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 97 14:07:27 -0800

Runing FVWM 2.0.43 on a Sun SPARCstation 1 running SunOS 4.1.3.

I have been trying to get customized icons for different XTerms
depending on the name of the window. I can confirm the name of the
window with the Ident module, but all I ever get is the default Xterm
icon.

Here are the relevent lines from my .fvwm2rc file:
Style "ROGUE"           Icon rogue.xbm
Style "*Weather*"       Icon weather.xbm
Style "trivia.lbl.gov"	Icon office.xbm
Style "xterm"           Icon terminal.xbm

According to the man page:

 windowname can be a window's name, class,  or  resource
          string.  It can contain the wildcards * and/or ?, which
          are matched in the usual Unix  filename  manner.   They
          are searched in the reverse order stated, so that Style
          commands based on the name override  or  augment  those
          based  on  the  class,  which override or augment those
          based on the resource string.

Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to get name selected
Styles to work? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Stig)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 97 00:52 PST

> Style "xterm"           Icon terminal.xbm
[...]
> Styles to work? Or is this a bug?

It's a mildly confusing FEATURE, but a feature nevertheless...  All of the
styles seem to be scanned in order...

Put your default style for all XTerms first instead of last and you should
get the behavior that you desire.

    Stig