Subject: FVWM: FVWM Setups

From: Alexis Rosoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 01:36:23

Hey all,

I've noticed some discussion on the list about various FVWM configs... I
used to have a decent collection of them, but I accidentally deleted the
directory, and searching the Web didn't seem to turn them up (which is
really annoying me... where did I get the damn things?!). 

Anyway, what I'd like is as many config files as you lot can e-mail me (or
send Web pointers to), preferably with comments (in the rc-file that is),
and including the names of any special pixmap collections you used. What
I'd like to be able to do is to set up a webpage explaining the various
parts of the FVWM config file and how to customise it for various looks. I
know about the Dotfile Generator, but I happen to think that a detailed
explanation of what each part of the file does, with graphical examples and
what have you, would be really useful to people trying to draw up their own
FVWM configs. 

I don't care what the result of your rc-file looks like -- Win95, NeXT,
Amiga, or even DECwindows, as long as it says if it's supposed to look like
a particular interface. Also, mention some of the system details if you
think they're pertinent (eg, designed for 8 bit display). 

If someone's already done a page like this that I'm not aware of, please
let me know, so I don't make a complete fool out of myself :)

Cheers
Alexis

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].