Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 suggestions

From: Yann Dirson <dwitch@bylbo>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 20:59:38 +0100

Hi!

Here are some suggestions about features I feel missing in fvwm. Some
of them might be of inspiration to some of you :-)

- Wildcards in DestroyMenu (eg. DestroyMenu "*" doesn't  work)
- a Style option allowing a window to get its icon from a {bit,pix}map
of same name (eg. "Style "*" AutoIcon" would be somewhat equivalent to
"Style foo Icon <foo.xpm OR foo>", whatever is found first, for every
possible "foo")
- I didn't find a command that would customize icon placement on
screen. I would eg. like them to be placed at the bottom of the
screen, right-to-left...
- References to standard modules' manpages in fvwm2 manpage, section
SeeAlso could be nice, for TkMan with produces hyperlinks from these..

- Perhaps an option in FvwmButtons to allow icon resizing to fit the
computed button-size ?
- A Command in FvwmButtons to reread its conf-file ? (instead of
having to ask fvwm to reread the conffile, killing and restarting the
module)

 That's all for now :-) 
Keep up the good work !

-- 
Yann Dirson

e-mail: [email-masked]
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson

-- 
Yann Dirson

e-mail: [email-masked]
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].