Subject: FVWM: ButtonStyle options

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:34:41 -0500

Ok, I bit the bullet and started playing with the new decor
options. Why does every configuration I come up with look a lot like
Win95? ;)

(That last sentence was a JOKE, just in case you missed the smiley.)

Here are some semi-serious thoughts:

Is it just me, or should ButtonStyle have something like

ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon Flat
ButtonStyle 2 Pixmap foo.xpm Sunk
ButtonStyle 3 Pixmap 

I like to use pixmaps, but now that we have TitleStyle ... Flat, I'm
ready to give up the bevel'd look.

Also, Maybe I could come up with some alternatives to the Win95 look
if BorderStyle NoInset worked by itself rather than as an option to
HiddenHandles. I'd like to have no inset, but still see the
handles....

-- 
- Jim Nicholson                        [email-masked]
- I spend 5 hours a day reading email and Usenet. Don't expect me to
- remember everything.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 00:24:59 -0500 (EST)

> ready to give up the bevel'd look.

Specify the flags after a -- (as per the man page):

ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon -- Flat
ButtonStyle 2 Pixmap foo.xpm -- Sunk
ButtonStyle 3 Pixmap

I've got a pic of a flat look here:

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_pics/s_1.jpg

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08

---

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:31:38 -0500

Yep - pretty stupid; my man page didn't update when I did make
install.man, because of the weird way I have man set up. I realized it
would work when I got to the office, and installed .44  on
HP/UX. Thanks.