Subject: Re: FVWM: fvwm95 dying...

From: Klaus Schniedergers <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Jan 1997 14:00:56 +0100

>>>>> "Aharon" == Aharon Schkolnik <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Gillard <[email-masked]> writes:
    Matt> Has anyone noticed strange problems with fvwm95 in that if
    Matt> too many sessions are opened up the taskbar goes crazy and
    Matt> hogs all the CPU? The taskbar has to be killed then
    Matt> everything seems back to normal.  Or the other thing that
    Matt> can happen is that if there are a lot of sessions opening
    Matt> another xterm or whatever via either a button or the menu
    Matt> causes the window manager to crash, consequently logging you
    Matt> out...
    Aharon> 
    Aharon> 
    Aharon> Yep. I noticed the first problem - the taskbar grabbing
    Aharon> all the CPU. I solved it by enlarging the taskbar before
    Aharon> adding a lot of windows. I think there is also a way of
    Aharon> preventing certain windows from being represented in the
    Aharon> taskbar - haven't tried that yet.

I noticed that when killing the taskbar and starting a new one (via
the 'Modules' menu), then the Taskbar will not show up and eat all CPU
*if not enough colours were available*. I do not know how high 'enough' is.

Klaus
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].