Subject: FVWM: FvwmCpp: thanks for all the help, but...

From: Tomas Halvarsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:43:50 +0100 (MET)

First of all I would like to apologize for asking twice yesterday. The
computer I sent the mail from panic'ed and died exactly the same
second i sent the first mail, so no fcc was written, and I didn't
think it was sent.

I finally got things working, sort of, but a problem remains:
Here are some rows from my .fvwm2rc file:

#ifdef SMEDJAN
        #define P_NETSCAPE_GEO 814x900+0+1024
        #define P_TALL_GEO 80x69
        #define P_BIG_GEO 163x69
        #define P_CON_GEO 151x5-0-0
...
#elif SNICKERBOA
        #define P_NETSCAPE_GEO 814x900+0+1024
        #define P_TALL_GEO 80x69
        #define P_BIG_GEO 163x69
        #define P_CON_GEO 151x5-0-0
...
#endif
...
AddToMenu Main          "Main Menu"     Title
#ifdef SNICKERBOA
+       "New Terminal"          Exec xterm -bg black -fg white -T Astrid &
#endif
+       "Netscape"              Exec netscape -display $HOSTDISPLAY
-geometry P_NETSCAPE_GEO &

And here's the problem:
the #ifdef SNICKERBOA "New Terminal" #endif thing work fine, but the
Netscape thing doesn't. I get this error:

Warning: Shell widget "netscape.bin" has an invalid geometry
specification: "P_NETSCAPE_GEO" 

But when just putting the .fvwm2rc file through cpp, and redirecting
the output to a file, using the command:
cpp -DSNICKERBOA .fvwm2rc > the_output_file
the_output_file looks like it should, P_NETSCAPE_GEO is replaced with
814x900+0+1024 and everything

Please don't tell me to just use different .fvwm2rc files for
different architectures. I'm doing that now, and it's _very_
frustrating to edit 12 different files when I'd like to add something. 

As always, lotsa thanks in advance!

/Tomas Halvarsson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Only the paranoid survive"

e-mail:	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]
www:	http://www.pobox.com/~psycho
	[email-masked]/~c95thn

Student at the Department of Computing Science, Umea University, Sweden
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].