Subject: FVWM: Desktop Icons in fvwm2

From: Charlton Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:43:35 -0600 (CST)

Greetings,

I used to have my icons go to the bottom-left of my desktop when windows
were minimized uner fvwm1.  Now that I've installed fvwm95 (fvwm2) I can
only get a small text-box of the window-title instead of an icon and the
position of that text-box is where the mouse happened to be at that
moment.

Does anyone know how to configure the .fvwm2rc file to get my icons to
behave the way they used to (like icons behave in the Windows 3.1
environment)?

Charlton

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jan 1997 12:36:28 +0100

>>>>> Charlton Harrison writes:

  Charlton> I used to have my icons go to the bottom-left of my
  Charlton> desktop when windows were minimized uner fvwm1.  Now that
  Charlton> I've installed fvwm95 (fvwm2) I can only get a small
  Charlton> text-box of the window-title instead of an icon and the
  Charlton> position of that text-box is where the mouse happened to
  Charlton> be at that moment.

You can assign icons to programs using the Style directive.  Example:

Style "XTerm" Icon foo.xpm

Also see the PixmapPath and the IconPath directives.

  Charlton> Does anyone know how to configure the .fvwm2rc file to get
  Charlton> my icons to behave the way they used to (like icons behave
  Charlton> in the Windows 3.1 environment)?

See the IconBox directive.

hth,
kai
-- 
Signature?  What signature?