Subject: FVWM: Examples

From: Dave Sill <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jan 1997 20:35:31 -0000

I've just installed 2.0.44 (from 2.0.42) and I'd like to see what all
the new features do, but I'm too lazy to figure them all out from the
man page. I'd especially like examples using mini icons, BorderStyle,
TitleStyle, ButtonStyle, etc. I could try the examples in the man
page, but I don't have the pixmaps (marble, granite, up, down,
inactive, etc.).

It'd be nice if fvwm came with a style sampler that would let one
browse various combinations. I'm thinking of something like a .fvwm2rc
file with menus that would pop up windows with different styles
showing the .fvwm2rc code used to achieve them. E.g., a menu for
various BorderStyles, another for TitleStyles, another for
ButtonStyles, etc. I realize that'd be a significant chunk of work,
though.

I'd be happy if a few people would just bundle up their favorite
configs--including .fvwmrc and pixmaps--and posted them to the
list. Perhaps they could be bundled with 2.1.x.

-Dave

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:18:59 -0500 (EST)

> list. Perhaps they could be bundled with 2.1.x.

Jeppe Buk is working on the fvwm2 module for the dotfile generator.  From
what he has told me, it will I think do some or all of what you mention.

When 2.1.0 comes out I'm going to post my configuration up, as I hope some
others will.  Better yet, send your configuration to the fvwm2rc
repository (my god, I have one in there from a few years ago and it scares
me -- good time to update it :-).

Andrew

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08