Subject: FVWM: 3D look for Pager?

From: Dave Sill <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 1997 20:54:16 -0000

I think a good thing for someone else to do (since I don't do X :-)
would be to give FvwmPager a 3D look. Something along the same lines
as FvwmButtons would be nice, where the current desktop would be
"pushed in" like a pressed button. The windows on the desktop could
have the same embossed look as the vector menu buttons, and the panels
of each desktop could be delineated with a shallow groove.

Then, if I could convince someone to make a 3D xbuffy (I suppose I
could just build the 3D Athena library) I'd have a fully pseudo-3D
desktop. Right now, FvwmPager looks out of place because it's so flat.

-Dave
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:47:34 -0500

>>>>> "DS" == Dave Sill <[email-masked]> writes:

    DS> I think a good thing for someone else to do (since I don't do
    DS> X :-) would be to give FvwmPager a 3D look.

I actually prototyped some of these ideas when I was working on my
Python/Fvwm module.  The Pydesks program at one point was actually a
moderately reasonable FvwmPager replacement, and did have some 3Dness
to it.  I ran out of time to hack on it so I ended up stripping all
that stuff out before I released it.

I could dig up the code if anybody is interested.

-Barry