Subject: FVWM: XPM (somewhat off topic)

From: [email-masked] (Scott Seighman)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:40:51 -0500

Folks,

We're attempting to make a jump from fvwm 1.24 to 2.0.44 on a Solaris 2.5
system.  During the compile of 2.0.44, I encountered lib errors resulting
from the fact that the XPM libraries where not present on our system.  I
consulted the fvwm FAQ which pointed me to an ftp server containing the XPM
files.  While compiling XPM, I received this error message at link time:

[stuff snipped]
.
.
.
rm -f libXpm.so.4.7~
(cd shared; ld -o ../libXpm.so.4.7~ -dn -a data.o create.o misc.o rgb.o scan.o parse.o hashtab.o  CrBufFrI.o CrDatFrP.o CrPFrBuf.o RdFToI.o WrFFrI.o  CrBufFrP.o CrIFrBuf.o CrPFrDat.o RdFToP.o WrFFrP.o  CrDatFrI.o CrIFrDat.o RdFToDat.o WrFFrDat.o  Attrib.o CrIFrP.o CrPFrI.o Image.o Info.o RdFToBuf.o WrFFrBuf.o )
ld: fatal: library -lresolv: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ../libXpm.so.4.7~
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libXpm.so.4.7'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I did attempt to contact the xpm creator with no success.  By the way, we
are running X11R5 with Motif 1.2.3

Any suggestions?

I realize this is the fvwm list (please don't flame me...), but it is related
to fvwm....in a round-about way...

Thanks!

Scott Seighman
Chiron Diagnostics
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].