Subject: FVWM: Window Placement

From: [email-masked] (Jason Bennett)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 17:09:01 -0500

On a Sun I work on that runs Fvwm 1.xx, the windows are placed
automatically, and in places that do not block other windows (say,
side by side). What would the keywords be in 2.xx to accomplish this?

			jason

-- 
Jason Bennett, [email-masked]         | Member, Team OS/2! 
CS Major, Georgia Institute of Technology     | Senior TA, CS 1501!
Believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord   | VP-Comm, BSU!
http://bsu.gt.ed.net/~jason/                  | finger for PGP key!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jan 1997 13:29:25 +0100

>>>>> Jason Bennett writes:

  Jason> On a Sun I work on that runs Fvwm 1.xx, the windows are
  Jason> placed automatically, and in places that do not block other
  Jason> windows (say, side by side). What would the keywords be in
  Jason> 2.xx to accomplish this?

Turn SmartPlacement on.  See the man page for details on how to do
that, but I think the following will be a start:

    Style "*" SmartPlacement

regards,
kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].