Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.43 has an event-handling lockup

From: [email-masked] (Stig)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 97 00:12 PST

I just figured out a little bit more about a temporary lockup I've been
having with fvwm...

There are several problems with iconifying windows with a keybinding:

    - suppose you're using sloppy focus...if the pointer is outside of the
      window with focus, you still expect that the window with focus will be
      the one to be iconified when you hit the iconify key.  After all, your
      other keystrokes affect that window, don't they?

    - If no window has focus and the pointer is in the root window, it
      should be possible to tell fvwm to do nothing.  At the very least, it
      should be possible to abort the "iconify cursor" by choosing another
      action with the keyboard...say I want to hit the button that warps to
      netscape... 

BUT THE BIG BUG is this...

    - When using sloppy/mouse focus, iconifying a window  does not always
      throw focus to the underlying window.  Even if the mouse pointer is
      within a new window after the iconify.  That window doesn't go active
      until the pointer is moved into the titlebar of the window.

      To compound this, KEYSTROKES are no longer recognized.  This is to say
      that the pointer is a normal pointer, but fvwm is no longer responding
      to the keyboard...you need to move the pointer into another window or
      the title bar of the currently unfocussed window beneath the pointer.

Is there a hack to fvwm that fixes Netscapes failure to do active focus for
dialog boxes?

    Thanks,
    Stig
    
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].