Subject: FVWM: can fvwm2 look like fvwm95?

From: "3-417.3 Ales Pour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 21:03:11 CET

Hi,
I'am a fan of fvwm95. I read a special note to 'me' and others :-) on 
the fvwm2 web site saying to have a look at ?Decore? parameters etc.
Before I dive into fvwm2 source tree, can someone tell if it's 
possible to have fvwm2 look like 95? Thank you.
Ales
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: lar3ry gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:25:52 -0500

> possible to have fvwm2 look like 95? Thank you.

Yes.  There are some sample decors in the distribution of fvwm-2.0.45
that contain a MWM and a Win95 look and feel.

There's an application called tkgoodstuff which can run as an FVWM
module that will produce a nice looking task bar as well.

-- 
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

     "Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes."

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:21:35 -0500

>>>>> 3-417 3 Ales Pour writes:

    Ales> Hi, I'am a fan of fvwm95. I read a special note to 'me' and
    Ales> others :-) on the fvwm2 web site saying to have a look at
    Ales> ?Decore? parameters etc.  Before I dive into fvwm2 source
    Ales> tree, can someone tell if it's possible to have fvwm2 look
    Ales> like 95? Thank you.  Ales -- Visit the official FVWM web
    Ales> page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.  To unsubscribe
    Ales> from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
    Ales> message to [email-masked].  To report problems, send
    Ales> mail to [email-masked].

It is possible, though you cannot really get an exact match.  If you
want to look and act just like Windows 95, it isn't for you (fvwm95
does a better job).  If you are willing to spend time learning how to
configure and play with things, then it might be for you, since you
can then make your own improvements on the look and feel and
incorporate some other new features that fvwm2 has.  There is an
examples file which contains some Win95 type examples from a few
people on this list in the sample rc directory in fvwm 2.0.45.

-- 
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
I'm not scared of anything because I'm scared of everything.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08