Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan: Icon names

From: Graham Gough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 14:32:29 GMT

I use FvwmIconMan (fvwm-2.0.43) and have one icon manager devoted to
Netscape windows. Unfortunately, all I can see in each box of the
manager is an name like "Netscape: The x", the rest being
truncated. As I know that everything in that mananger is a Netscape
window, is there any way I can fliter out the "Netscape: " part?

Graham
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 1997 15:51:51 +0100

>>>>> Graham Gough writes:

  Graham> I use FvwmIconMan (fvwm-2.0.43) and have one icon manager
  Graham> devoted to Netscape windows. Unfortunately, all I can see in
  Graham> each box of the manager is an name like "Netscape: The x",
  Graham> the rest being truncated. As I know that everything in that
  Graham> mananger is a Netscape window, is there any way I can fliter
  Graham> out the "Netscape: " part?

I use:

*FvwmIconMan*format %t

hth,
kai
-- 
~/.signature

---

From: Allen Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jan 1997 08:47:14 -0700

> window, is there any way I can fliter out the "Netscape: " part?

At least for me, the Netscape title and icon strings always contain that
"Netscape: " prefix, so no can do.

I'm still pondering the suggestion that FvwmIconMan have different format
strings for different windows (even in the same manager), but that wouldn't
help much here. I really don't feel like integrating sed into FvwmIconMan
though. 

How's about this: Long ago I originally envisioned that you could have the
strings right justified. Since for programs like Netscape (and xterm if you
have the cwd in the title/icon string), the most significant info is on the
right end of the title/icon strings, this seems like a good idea. I'll go
stick that in. 

I'm currently in a major rewrite phase, and am getting near to the point where
I can release something. I'd like to get a release with my major changes out
in enough time to get some bug reports before fvwm2 is officially released, so
this may have to wait a bit.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]