Subject: FVWM: Problem compiling 2.0.45

From: Michael Cherkassoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:43:17 -0800 (PST)

Dear maillist!

I have a problem installing Fvwm under Linux 2.0.0 (slackware).
The problems I encounter go sort of backwards - I'm trying to
install it from scratch and every time the problem appears on
the earlier stage than before.

I had it running about 4 months ago (and I don't recall any
major problems with installation). But then I accidentally destroyed
my other partition (mkswap /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/hda3 does it
pretty quick 8-(   ) and had to reinstall Linux.

Now I'm just stuck. My latest problem with Fvwm 2.0.45 is that
during compilation of all modules make says :

Don't know how to make target ../../libs/libfvwm2.a needed for
FvwmXxxxx.c *** Stop ***

I've looked through FAQs and they say that I really don't need
libfvwm2.a . I tried to change Fvwm.tmpl option
INSTALL_LIB from NO to YES, but it made no difference.
I tried to look into (I)Makefiles for the references to
libfvwm.a but found very few and they seem to be irrelevant.

So can anybody give me advise on what to do please?

Continuing with the problems. Just in case I get through this and
get my previous problem.

It was infamous "PixmapPath module not found" problem.
I read maillist archives but it said the problem was with
2.0.42 Fvwm.tmpl file. My 2.0.43 looked liked correct (patched)
version, but I was still getting this error. 
I concede that I might have xpm installed somewhat incorrectly,
but I think now I have it installed. And the other question
is where this PixmapPath should point and what files are supposed
to be in that directory?

Thank you very much for your attention to such a lengthy message.

Michael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].