Subject: FVWM: A suggestion...

From: James Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 11:10:27 +0000 (GMT)

Here's a suggestion for a future release of fvwm2. Not being a 
particularly great programmer, especially when it comes to X windows, I 
wouldn't know where to start, but here goes anyway -

	When I used to be an avid Acorn RISCOS junkie, when I used to 
write programs for it, dialogue boxes could be sprouted from popup 
windows, to allow for text entries etc. This was very useful, since 
things like formatting disks and stuff could be done without starting new 
applications. 

	It would be nice to be able to do something similar, say using 
FvwmButtons or FvwmForm as the popped-up dialogue box. Moving on from 
that, it would be nice to be able to popup say FvwmButtons, which would 
allow you to use it as an alternative to current menu styles.

		James Frost
    _______
-(~~\__    | 34 Blenheim Gardens, Highfield, Soton, S017 3RQ
  \_  /    | Tel: (01703) 583 717
   |\ |    |            
   |)/_____| !! http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~jaf195 !!
   / \
 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].