Subject: FVWM: fvwm on Digital Unix and Ultrix

From: [email-masked] (Joao Palhoto Matos)
Date: 20 Jan 97 13:57:13 WET

Dear fvwm list members:

I am considering installing fvwm Digital Unix 3.2 and Ultrix 4.4 hosts on our
network.

Version 1 seemingly works properly on Ultrix 4.4 hosts. Version 2 ditto on
Digital Unix hosts. I would like to make fvwm available to our rather
unsophisticated users without the further confusion of 2 versions (user
directories are available through NFS on both kinds of hosts). I would like to
choose one of them but:

-- Ultrix does not seem to come with imake (the FAQ has some info about this
problem with HP-UX but not Ultrix).

-- version 2 binaries from the X User Tools O'Reilly book/cd get into some
GoodStuff related trouble. The sources for 1.24r seem so far rather
uncooperative for compilation.

Can someone please supply some pratical advice?

Thanks for your time,

Joao Palhoto Matos

Departamento de Matematica
Instituto Superior Tecnico 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].