Subject: FVWM: PixmapPath in 2.042 HELP

From: "Jeff Zimmerman 314.235.6497" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 15:18:00 -0600 (CST)

Jan. 6, 1997

To FVWM Mailing List:

Subject: Need HELP!

I recently upgraded from fvwm 1.x to fvwm2.0.42 and can no longer get
pixmaps and icons to display.  Your assistance is appreciated to help
diagnose where I've messed up.

Under fvwm 1.x, the GoodStuff button bar and iconified windows would 
display their configured pixmaps.  Under 2.0.42, I get an error msg
at startup in the console (shown below) and no pixmaps displayed 
except those that are "built-in", i.e., mailtool, netscape, contool,
etc..

Details:

Platform = SunSparc 2
OS = Solaris 2.4
Compilier = gcc v 2.6.3
X Rel = X11R6 

xinit = $OPENWIN/bin/openwin -nobanner

$HOME/.xinitrc file

PathToBinary/fvwm2 - last item in .xinitrc

Conversion activities:

I re-named *GoodStuff to *FvwmButtons and converted the exec lines
to correspond with the style described in the man pages.  The button
bar displays with little rectangles that has the title text assigned but
no pixmaps..

Pixmaps are stored in the directory:

	/opt/X11R6/contrib/include/X11/pixmaps/

I have set the value for PixmapPath accordingly in the .fvwm2rc file.
I also linked the above directory to /usr/include/X11/pixmaps and
compiled fvwm2 using the default directory path in Fvwm.tmpl.  Same
result.

The directory structure did not change between 1.x and 2.x.  I did not
"install" the pixmaps included with the 2.x distribution.

I compiled fvwm with HasXpm  YES.

I have re-installed the xpm library in, and set the xpm lib path to:

	/opt/X11R6/lib

include to 

	/opt/X11R6/include

OPTION_DEFINES = -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS

	This is probably a good place to tell you "I AM A ROOKIE..." I
	can generally get something to compile and THINK I have a vague
	understanding of C Libraries and Include files.. the operative
	word is "THINK"!	

During startup; fvwm puts the following error in the console window.

	[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 
	/opt/X11R6/contrib/lib/fvwm2 PixmapPath

The result in no pixmaps for FvwmButtons or Icons where they have been
defined as an xpm file.

PixmapPath is the first item defined in the .fvwm2rc file, as follows:

Excerpt from fvwm 2.0 config file.
#################################################################
#
#   Where to find the modules, pix and bit maps.
 
#undefine(`include') -- got an error msg with this uncommented
 
PixmapPath /opt/X11R6/contrib/include/X11/pixmaps/
ModulePath /opt/X11R6/contrib/lib/fvwm2
IconPath /opt/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps/:/usr/openwin/include/X11/bitmaps/:/opt/
X11R6/contrib/include/X11/bitmaps/:/opt/X11R6/contrib/include/X11/pixmaps/:

#################################################################
END OF EXCERPT

I apologize for the lengthy message, but I wasn't sure what to
include.  Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance.

Jeff Zimmerman
[email-masked]
314 235-6497

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:28:06 -0500

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Zimmerman 314 235 6497 <[email-masked]> writes:

Jeff>   [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module
Jeff>   /opt/X11R6/contrib/lib/fvwm2 PixmapPath

Jeff> The result in no pixmaps for FvwmButtons or Icons where they have been
Jeff> defined as an xpm file.

Known problem in the (rather buggy) 2.0.42.  Grab 2.0.43 or wait a few
days for 2.0.44.

Chuck