Subject: FVWM: fvwm, XFree86 3.2, and RedHat 4.0

From: Thomas Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 11:05:03 -0500

Greetings all,

I just upgraded to XFree86 3.2 using the RedHat 4.0 RPMS.  All seems
relatively well, BUT, my goodstuff row of buttons now is very small,
showing only the titles, and there seems to have been some shuffling around
of where X looks for its various configuration files, XF86Config now in
/etc, and so on.

I realize that in RedHat the 100dpi fonts got messed up and I had to get
thm from the XFree86 FTP site.  I also notice that my original startup of
Xterm is now back to a small size when I had had it starting in 10x20, but
I think this is due to startup file conflict, methinking that one file is
being used and really another is.

SO, can anyone help on the goodstuff problem, and can anyone point me to a
real simple FAQ on how X starts up, showing what files are read in what order?

For example, when I type in 'startx' at my user prompt, where does it go
from there?  I am trying to trace this down so I can figure out what files
may have gotten goosed.  I'm not at my Linux box right now, so I am running
from memory.

I _did_ notice that in one of the startup files .xclients or .xsession, or
.xinitrc, that xterm is started before my fvwm is.  Is this OK?

If this isall a FAQ, please point me in the right direction.

Tom Porter
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].