Subject: FVWM: Multiple Windows Manager

From: [email-masked] (Pompon Delire & Co.)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:01:51 +0200

Hello,

I have a general problem : I run Linux 2.0 on a PC with XFree863.2 and fvwm95-2.
I need to open, from fvwm95-2, a session on another machine (running mwm) with 
display on my PC. This other machine complains because there is already a window 
manager on my machine, but then it send its windows ok. Everything works fine 
until I ask this session to end. My Linux session goes down as well.

How to configure fvwm95-2 to tell him not to end when another window manager 
ends ?

Thanks a lot.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jan 1997 13:00:28 +0100

>>>>> Pompon Delire & Co writes:

  Pompon> I have a general problem : I run Linux 2.0 on a PC with
  Pompon> XFree863.2 and fvwm95-2.  I need to open, from fvwm95-2, a
  Pompon> session on another machine (running mwm) with display on my
  Pompon> PC. This other machine complains because there is already a
  Pompon> window manager on my machine, but then it send its windows
  Pompon> ok. Everything works fine until I ask this session to
  Pompon> end. My Linux session goes down as well.

Why do you want to start the whole session?  Just start all the
programs you want (sans mwm) and you'll be fine.

I use
	xon foo xterm &
to start an xterm on the foo machine.  The same can be used with any
other program other than xterm.

regards,
kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jan 1997 13:00:28 +0100

I use
	xon foo xterm &

regards,
kai

--NAA09722.853244436/ccpntc5.in2p3.fr--