Subject: FVWM: Interesting Actions w/WindowShade

From: Christopher Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:05:54 -0600 (CST)

Actions with interesting results:

- WindowShade, then Maximize Horizontal or Resize results in single
  line window

- Activate HiddenHandles & NoInset, then activating Windowshade loses
  some highlight colors in the upper, outer corners of the titlebar

- WindowShade, then Maximize Horizontal will cause emacs 18 to "Fatal
  error (6).Abort"

- Second Maximize Horizontal after WindowShade undoes WindowShade

-Wolf                  [[email-masked]]                 (713)274-4003
   He who asks is a fool for a moment, he who does not is a fool for life.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:37:43 -0500 (EST)

>   some highlight colors in the upper, outer corners of the titlebar

There was a small patch which didn't make it into fvwm 2.0.44.  The fix
for this was posted to fvwm-workers.

Andrew

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:33:03 -0500 (EST)

> - Second Maximize Horizontal after WindowShade undoes WindowShade

Would it be a good idea if the window is shaded to inhibit
resize and/or maximize?  As it is, when the window is maximized it doesn't
shade since it would require another state variable in the window
structure.  Also, a shaded window, upon a maximize or resize attempt
reverts to unshaded and gets resized, which is why you get a single line
thing.  Maybe it would be better to inhibit resizing by ringing a bell
(this is a trivial change)?

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08