Subject: FVWM: xpm doesnt work

From: Jonas Oberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:59:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I'm having a little trouble getting Fvwm (And mainly FvwmButtons) to
display the .xpm files. I'm sure I'm missing something very important :-)
Ok, when I start X it complains about:

PEX extension module not loaded
XIE extension module not loaded

can that have something to do with it?

My .fvwm2rc looks like this:

ModulePath /usr/X11/lib/X11/fvwm2
PixmapPath /usr/X11/include/X11/pixmaps  #this is where .xpm files are
IconPath   /usr/X11/include/X11/bitmaps  #other icons

[ .... ]
Style "FvwmButtons" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip
Style "FvwmButtons" BorderWidth 5, CirculateSkip, Color black/lightgray
Style "FvwmButtons" Icon toolbox.xpm

[ .... ]

*FvwmButtonsFore black
*FvwmButtonsBack gray85
*FvwmButtonsGeometry 80x120-0-0
*FvwmButtonsColumns 1
*FvwmButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*FvwmButtons - whatever Swallow "xload" exec xload -nolabel -geometry -1500-1500
*FvwmButtons Xv       xv.xpm                 exec "" xv &
*FvwmButtons Netscape mini.netscape.xpm      exec "" netscape &

Problem is that FvwmButtons never displays any xv.xpm or
mini.netscape.xpm, it just displays "XV" and "Netscape".

Why?

/Jonas

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].