Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.0.43 + Xemacs 19.14 + Gnuattach

From: Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jan 1997 09:42:17 -0500

I'm having a problem with `gnuattach' that seems to occur only under fvwm.
Here's how to produce it.

This is under Solaris 5.5.

1. Start `xemacs -q' from fvwm using a pop-menu or something like that. The
important thing here is to not start xemacs from, say, a shell prompt in
xterm.

I added this line to my .fvwm2rc

	Key KP_F4	R	N	Exec xemacs -q

and start xemacs by pressing KP_F4.

2. M-x gnuserv-start

3. Open a xterm window, and invoke `gnuattach'.

So good so far.

4. Hit ^G in the tty screen. Whammo, you're back at the shell prompt. Not
good.

This problem does not occur when xemacs is started from a xterm shell
prompt, and this problem did not seem to occur under twm.

Specifiying other shells ExecUseShell doesn't help either.

Any ideas?
-- 
Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/stodghil/home.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jan 1997 13:34:54 -0500

This bug still exists under 2.0.44. Any ideas?

>>>>> "me" == Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]> writes:

    me> I'm having a problem with `gnuattach' that seems to occur only
    me> under fvwm. Here's how to produce it.

    me> This is under Solaris 5.5.

    me> 1. Start `xemacs -q' from fvwm using a pop-menu or something like
    me> that. The important thing here is to not start xemacs from, say, a
    me> shell prompt in xterm.

    me> I added this line to my .fvwm2rc

    me> 	Key KP_F4 R N Exec xemacs -q

    me> and start xemacs by pressing KP_F4.

    me> 2. M-x gnuserv-start

    me> 3. Open a xterm window, and invoke `gnuattach'.

    me> So good so far.

    me> 4. Hit ^G in the tty screen. Whammo, you're back at the shell
    me> prompt. Not good.

    me> This problem does not occur when xemacs is started from a xterm
    me> shell prompt, and this problem did not seem to occur under twm.

    me> Specifiying other shells ExecUseShell doesn't help either.

    me> Any ideas?