Subject: FVWM: Multiple Screens

From: geoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 22:52:35 -0600

This may be the wrong place to send this question.

Is it possible to define a 'screen 1' to be a printer.  It would have 2
colors (a foreground and a background) and take the dimensions of a
standard sheet of paper.  Regular X drawing commands would be used to
produce the page and dithering or halftoning and conversion to printer
commands such as postscript or  HP would be done in the new device
driver that, if it were the old regular one would be drawing to the
monitor.

To print then, you would simply redirect the same X drawing commands to
the root window of screen1 (or maybe screen -1)

Does this make any since to try?

Geoff
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].