Subject: FVWM: Semi-sticky windows

From: Jonathan Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:41:31 +0000 (GMT)

What I would like to set up is a window whose icon appears on all virtual
desktops, but whose window is only on desktops which I have specifically
de-iconified it.

Is this possible (I doubt it)

Regards,

Jonathan

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
= Jonathan Nicholson - System Administrator  +44 1223 494987 (internal 4987) =
= The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1SA  =
= Email: [email-masked] (Work)  [email-masked] (Home)               =
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: 06 Dec 1996 12:10:36 -0500

If you're using fvwm-2 (don't recall if fvwm-1 had this feature), you
can set up the window to have a sticky icon:

Style "thiswindow" StickyIcon

Then, if it's iconified, the icon will travel with you, but if you
deiconify it, it stays where it is.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]