Subject: FVWM: trying to compile/make fvwm under solaris

From: System Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 17:56:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
this has probably been asked/answered before, but I have looked through
the archives and can't seem to find it.
I have a sparc5 running SunOS 5.5.1 (solaris 2.4 whatever) and the
install (the MakeMakefiles and/or xmkmf) pukes due to it trying to do a 
imake -I/usr/lib/X11/config (solaris has it in /usr/openwin/lib/config)
the error displayes something about not being able to find Imake.tmpl,
which is in /usr/openwin/lib/config. I read about a patch for Imake.tmpl
or Imake in the archives, but could not get the patch from the archives.
Is there anyone who can enlighten me on this? I want to run fvwm- I really
would like to use something other than openwin.

thanks many!!!

Patrick Galbraith

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Dec 1996 10:01:47 +0100

>>>>> System Administrator writes:

  Patrick> Hi there, this has probably been asked/answered before, but
  Patrick> I have looked through the archives and can't seem to find
  Patrick> it.  I have a sparc5 running SunOS 5.5.1 (solaris 2.4
  Patrick> whatever) and the install (the MakeMakefiles and/or xmkmf)
  Patrick> pukes due to it trying to do a imake -I/usr/lib/X11/config
  Patrick> [...]

Look at the /usr/openwin/bin/xmkmf shell script and you'll see that it
uses $OPENWINHOME/lib/X11/config if that environment variable is set.
Thus, setting the environment variable OPENWINHOME to /usr/openwin
then running xmkmf should do what you want.

hth,
kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].