Subject: FVWM: HilightColor seems non-optimal...

From: [email-masked] (Stig)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 96 00:03 PST

I use the border color to differentiate applications.  I would like to be
able to selectively apply the highlight color to only a part of the window border.

I would like to see a 3rd argument to HilightColor which specifies the
portions of the border that are subject to highlighting.

I suggest FST syntax like that used for mouse bindings.

    F	frame is highlighted
    S	sides are highlighted
    T	title bar is highlighted

I would also like this same convention for StickyColor (which can be snagged
from fvwm95) to be integrated into the main branch of fvwm2.

Example:

    # most borders are LIGHT GREY
    Style "*"           Color Black/#c0c0c0

    # netscape gets PURPLE borders
    Style "Netscape"    Color Black/#9970bb

    # emacs gets DEEP PINK borders
    Style "emacs"       Color Black/#cc3077

    # window with focus has LIGHT BLUE title bar with normal frame and side
    # colors
    HilightColor   Black #40a0c0 T

Maybe I'll have time to do this in the next week or so...  But, hopefully
I've just successfully managed to infect someone else who has more free
time with the same bright idea...  ;)  

    Stig

PS: If I've infected you with this meme, please let me know so we don't do
the same work twice.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].