Subject: FVWM: Major New Pixmap/Title/Border Patch Released (Beta)

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:28:18 -0500

Okay folks,

I've put up a new borderstyle patch (this patch has all the latest of
my patch stuff now).  There are many changes.  Only some are listed
here.  Obviously, it needs testing.  Although it is rewritten and
might have some intial bugs, the rewrite cleaned up interaction
between the pixmap button / titlebar code.

All of the new features are explained in the man page from the patch.
Please read it carefully!  It might not be obvious the way this works
at first.

Some Changes
-----------

* For starters, you can now stack button and title styles on top of
one another (AddButtonStyle/AddTitleStyle). E.g.:

	Titlestyle ActiveUp (VGradient 16 grey #001133)
	AddTitlestyle ActiveUp (Pixmap xterm.xpm)

This would first render a gradient followed by a centered pixmap (as
many stacked styles as you want can be put).

* The "Normal" style was name changed to "Vector."

* All the Full styles are gone, replaced by the Flat button flag
(handling should be cleaner as well, now it is truly flat).  Also,
ButtonStyle syntax was *changed*.  You can now specify *completely*
different style *stacks* for both up and down if you want.

* Buttons and titlebars have the same styles selection (i.e. buttons can
use gradients and titlebars can use *vectors*).

* There are now *face* style flags and *general* style flags. 

* UseTitleStyle is gone, and should be replaced by the new features.
UseBorderStyle and MWMButton are now a *general* style flags.

It can be found at:
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_border_picture.html

Regards,
Andrew

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].