Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm colour bug

From: Chris Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:29:29 +1100 (EST)

Hi Thomas,

I believe I have found a bug in FvwmForm wrt selection colours (this
MAY be a general fvwm2 bug, so I have cc'ed this message to the fvwm
mail address..).

I use to following code to get a verify form when I quit fvwm2

Style QuitVerify NoTitle, NoHandles, BorderWidth 7
*QuitVerifyGrabServer
*QuitVerifyWarpPointer
*QuitVerifyFore         Black
*QuitVerifyBack         grey65
*QuitVerifyFont         *helvetica*m*r*n*18*
*QuitVerifyButtonFont   *helvetica*m*r*n*18*
*QuitVerifyItemFore     Black
*QuitVerifyItemBack     grey75
*QuitVerifyCommand      Beep
*QuitVerifyLine         center
*QuitVerifyText         "Do you really want to logout?"
*QuitVerifyLine         expand
*QuitVerifyButton       quit    "Yes"   ^M
*QuitVerifyCommand      Quit
*QuitVerifyButton       quit    "Cancel"        ^[
*QuitVerifyCommand      Nop

The colours work fine when running (fvwm2.0.42) on Solaris with 8 bit
displays. I run the same setup on my LinuxBox (S3 Trio64+ videocard) 
and again it works correctly with 8 bit colour. But when I run at
16 bit (the usual) the popup form is only black and white. Quite
disappointing!

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Chris Phillips
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Department of Physics, Radio Astronomy Group, University of Tasmania
email: [email-masked]
Phone:  (03) 62202405 (Work),  (03) 62485285 (Telescope)
        (03) 62278324 (Home),  (03) 62202410 (Fax)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:23:25 -0500

>>>>> "CP" == Chris Phillips <[email-masked]> writes:

CP> I believe I have found a bug in FvwmForm wrt selection colours (this
CP> MAY be a general fvwm2 bug, so I have cc'ed this message to the fvwm
CP> mail address..).
....
CP> The colours work fine when running (fvwm2.0.42) on Solaris with 8 bit
CP> displays. I run the same setup on my LinuxBox (S3 Trio64+ videocard)
CP> and again it works correctly with 8 bit colour. But when I run at
CP> 16 bit (the usual) the popup form is only black and white. Quite
CP> disappointing!

CP> Any suggestions?

Known problem, will be fixed in 2.0.44 (due out in the next week or so
with any luck).  The fix was submitted by Chris Laas, and I believe if
you search the fvwm mailing list archives (see the official web site)
you'll find the patch there and can try it.

Chuck