Subject: Re: FVWM: How do I know what desktop I'm On ???

From: Jerome Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:41:44 -0500

Jamie Sparks wrote:
> 
>  Actually, to start an xterm in a particular desktop, you may be able to
> invoke it with a specific geometry,
> 
> i.e.  xterm -geom +A+B  where if A=B is b/t 0 and 256 it's on the first desktop
>                               if A=B is b/t 256 and 512 it's on the 2nd desktop
>                        etc.
> p.s.  I made the actual numbers up, you'll have to determine them by
>       trial and error.
> 
> jamie

This seems to place things in different windows on the current desktop,
but doesn't actually seem to move them across desktops. 
 
xterm -xrm "*desk:2"
 seems to bring up an xterm on the second desktop, but If I add a line
like
xterm*desk: 2
to my resource file, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, I don't know how to query this, in case the window is dragged 
 across desktops.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].