Subject: FVWM: fvwm95 dying...

From: Matt Gillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 15:45:03 +1100

Has anyone noticed strange problems with fvwm95 in that if too many sessions
are opened up the taskbar goes crazy and hogs all the CPU? The taskbar
has to be killed then everything seems back to normal.
Or the other thing that can happen is that if there are a lot of sessions 
opening another xterm or whatever via either a button or the menu causes 
the window manager to crash, consequently logging you out...

Some patches might be nice...I dont have time to debug the problem myself. :-(

Matt

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Aharon Schkolnik <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Dec 1996 08:16:44 +0200

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Gillard <[email-masked]> writes:

    Matt> Has anyone noticed strange problems with fvwm95 in that if
    Matt> too many sessions are opened up the taskbar goes crazy and
    Matt> hogs all the CPU? The taskbar has to be killed then
    Matt> everything seems back to normal.  Or the other thing that
    Matt> can happen is that if there are a lot of sessions opening
    Matt> another xterm or whatever via either a button or the menu
    Matt> causes the window manager to crash, consequently logging you
    Matt> out...

Yep. I noticed the first problem - the taskbar grabbing all the CPU. I
solved it by enlarging the taskbar before adding a lot of windows. I
think there is also a way of preventing certain windows from being
represented in the taskbar - haven't tried that yet. 

Is there anyway to get the taskbar to start expanded (more than one
line high ) ?

I've also had the whole window manager crash, but I haven't been able
to figure out under what circumstances.

-- 
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   [email-masked]
  is great, and the Master of the house is     |
  impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2     |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Rausch)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 15:15:18 GMT

Hello,

I search a new release of fvwm95. Where I'm find these.

Thomas