Subject: FVWM: problems compiling fvwm2

From: Randall Cone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:18:02 -0500

Hey folks,
I'm trying to compile fvwm2.0.43, and having trouble.
I tried xmkmf;./MakeMakefiles
and within several lines of the compilation status there was:
"no rule to make target /lib/libfvwm2.a: stop".
I'm a newbie and have never compiled anything before, how should I
proceed?
Also, how do I check what version is currently running while in X
window?

thanks for the patience and consideration
-Randy C.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: TeeJay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 19:29:37 +0100 (MET)

> I'm a newbie and have never compiled anything before, how should I

Proceed by telling on what platform you're compiling fvwm and what you've
done before you typed "make" in the dir /bla/fvwm-2.0.43/ (hope you typed
it there and not in the fvwm/ dir, first you need to build the things in
lib/). _Normally_ fvwm2 compiles straight Out Of The Box.

> Also, how do I check what version is currently running while in X

Depending on what version of fvwm (1 or 2) you're running either type in
an xterm "fvwm -version" of "fvwm2 -version". 

TeeJay signing off while saying:
                      "Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux"