Subject: FVWM: per-window HiLightColor style?

From: Steve Tynor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 96 21:20:14 EST

I'm using fvwm2 2.0.43. I've just switched from tvtwm and am pretty
happy to have adapted most of my favorite aspects of tvtwm to
fvwm. Except...

I use a large variety of titlebar colors on my desktop (each corresponds
to either an application type, or in the case of XEmacs or Xterms, to
the remote machine on which they're running).  On tvtwm this wasn't a
problem since Active Focus was indicated by changing the color of the
window border (one pixel around the edge of the whole window). On fvwm,
the only visual indication of Active Focus is a change in color of the
Title and Handles.  But there's only _one_ global HilightColor!  So, no
matter what color my XEmacs is when inactive, when active, it's always
the same color and I lose my color->hostname correspondence.  Confusing.

So. Is there a way (as in, did I miss something in the documentation),
or are there plans to allow setting the HilightColor on a
per-window/per-class basis (just as with Color), or perhaps (even
better!) a twm style "BorderColor" border around the active window so
that you can tell that a window is active even if its Title is obscured
and the Handles are too small to show their color? (I set BorderWidth and
HandleWidth to 2, so they're essentially always "black")

Thanks,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture. -- Frank Zappa

Steve Tynor		Email:   [email-masked]
Tower Technology 	WWW:     http://www.twr.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].