Subject: FVWM: config problems

From: [email-masked] (Matthias Fischmann)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 01:36:12 +0100 (MET)

Hi All,

I am working hard on learning to configure fvwm2, but the following two
problems remained unsolved for weeks now, so I bother you.

 1) When I click on the window titlebar, the window gets stuck to the
   mouse and wants to be drawn to a new position. This is the way it
   should behave when I keep the mousebutton pressed, but it does so
   also when I release it within a split second. If the timeinterval
   between pressing and releasing is too small or too big, nothing
   happens.

 2) An iconified window gets back to the screen in the background when
   I doubleclick on it. But I'd like it in the foreground!

Is it possible that I have a buggy version (2.0.42) of fvwm2? Or is
it really possible to configure it out? Any help? Thanx!

yours,
  Matthias

-- 
Matthias Fischmann             phone: +49 (681) 61891
Lessingstrasse 36              email: [email-masked]
66123 Saarbruecken, Germany    http://cl-www.dfki.uni-sb.de/~fischman/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:33:06 +0000

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996 01:36:12 +0100 (MET)
[email-masked] (Matthias Fischmann),[email-masked] (Matthias Fischmann) 
>    I doubleclick on it. But I'd like it in the foreground!

Have you given the icons no pixmap? If so this was a known bug which
was fixed for 2.0.43. 

> it really possible to configure it out? Any help? Thanx!

Ric