Subject: FVWM: Looking for a program

From: "Richard A. Guay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 14:56:07 -0500

Hi,

Sorry for the cross posting, but I was requested to look for a program
and I do not know where to start.  So, I thought that I would querry the
people I talk with a lot (Okay, so I listen more than I talk).

One of the users here is looking for a program that is basically an xterm
with user definable buttons along the top.  The buttons can be defined to
send pre-defined commands to the xterm, make use of the current X-selection
in the xterm, etc.  I was figuring something like that might be doable
using
TkSteal and defining the buttons in tcl/tk, but I am not sure where to
start.

Does anyone know of a simular program already in existance or how such
a program should be done?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard A. Guay
Network Administrator and ASIC Design Engineer
ASIC International Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.asicint.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "David M. Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 00:50:00 -0600 (CST)

Is it possible to swallow the tkdesk appbar into the fvwm95 button bar?

Thanks,

Dave Cook