Subject: FVWM: Sending a command/event to FVwm from cmdline

From: Benoit Champagne <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Dec 1996 09:37:35 -0500

Hi, 

I don't remember how to send a command or event to Fvwm from the shell. I've
look around in man pages and docs, but seems to miss it.  I thought I'd seen it
once (or am I dreaming... again?).

PURPOSE: I'd like to send an event to the FvwmAudio module from a script file.

Thanks for any help...

PS: I've been a while out of the loop since someone disconnected me from
Internet so excuse me if I sound behind you all...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 			  COMPUTER ASSOCIATES                        CCCC
                  Unicenter TNG: The Next Generation               CC  
			  DESPITE EVERYTHING !                    CC   AA
Benoit Champagne  ift.a	           Main Line : (514) 978-4899     CC  AAA
Tel  : (514) 978-4913		     3090 Boul. Le Carrefour      CC AA A
FAX  : (514) 978-4909                      Suite 300               CAACCC
Email: [email-masked]		           Laval, PQ               AA   A
PLAN : Live Long And Prosper		    H7T 2J7               AA    A 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jerome Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:31:21 -0500

> Internet so excuse me if I sound behind you all...

I just asked a similar question to this mailing list, and everyone 
was very helpful.  They mentioned the FvwmPipe and the 
FvwmCommand modules. I've downloaded FvwmPipe, and it seems to work,
but it seems to eat up a lot of CPU after the first command is sent to
the pipe.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].