Subject: Re: FVWM: Some More Additions for Patch

From: [email-masked] (Rob Whapham)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:23:21 -0500

In regards to the Fvwm title/borderstyle patch, has anyone been able to 
successfully modify the patch for fvwm95 (v2.0.42a specifically)?  I started
trying to patch it by hand, but ran into some major code differences.  Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.  As always, thanks in advance...

Rob Whapham
Software Developer
Hublink, Inc.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: TeeJay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 01:15:26 +0100 (MET)

> insight would be greatly appreciated.  As always, thanks in advance...

Hmmm, why would you want to add the patch to fvwm95? AFAIK the main
differences between fvwm95 and fvwm2 are the mini-icons you can specify
for programs (you can add that to fvwm2 with the right patch), the looks
of the borders (but you want to change that with this patch), the taskbar
(also available for fvwm2) and the looks of the menu's (I'm sure you can
change that with the right configuration for fvwm2). Maybe some of it's
default behaviour too, but I'm sure you can configure fvwm2 in such a way
it'll behave like 95. So why not use fvwm2?

PS: Maybe there are more differences in fvwm95, I'm just not aware of
them... :)

TeeJay signing off while saying:
                      "Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux"