Subject: FVWM: Menus that stays!

From: miSh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:51:27 +0100 (MET)

Hello!

I've got a small problem. My menus (in the root window) won't stay up when
I have pressed and relased the button. I know I used to have it
configured like that, but I've lost my fvwm2rc and I just can't figure out
how do this anymore. Really annoying.

Thanks in advance,

	--miSh

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Tynor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 96 16:30:54 EST

miSh <[email-masked]> wrote:

| I've got a small problem. My menus (in the root window) won't stay up when
| I have pressed and relased the button. I know I used to have it
| configured like that, but I've lost my fvwm2rc and I just can't figure out
| how do this anymore. Really annoying.

Mine stay up (FVWM 2.0.43), but I do have a request for a change in how
pull-right (submenus) behave.

Currently in FVWM, if I click and release a button to get a menu, it
stays up until I make another click. So far so good. But if I need to
traverse to a submenu (via Popup), there's no way to get it to stay
up. This is a pain since it requires somewhat precise mouse movement to
position the mouse to the right far enough to start selecting from it.

I'm more used to Motif-style submenus (e.g. in XEmacs with the
--with-menubars=lucid option), where you can click on the "|>" in the
main menu to cause the submenu to stay up.

I can get stay up submenus if I use Menu instead of Popup in my main
menu, but then I don't see a "|>" in the main menu, and the main menu
doesn't stay around to allow me to change my mind (and perhaps choose a
different submenu).

All I want are Motif style submenus which stay up if clicked.  Is there
a way to configure this from my .fvwm2rc, or am I going to have to hack
fvwm/menu.c?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture. -- Frank Zappa

Steve Tynor		Email:   [email-masked]
Tower Technology 	WWW:     http://www.twr.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:38:32 -0500

>>>>> "miSh" == miSh  <[email-masked]> writes:

miSh> Hello!
miSh> I've got a small problem. My menus (in the root window) won't
miSh> stay up when I have pressed and relased the button. I know I
miSh> used to have it configured like that, but I've lost my fvwm2rc
miSh> and I just can't figure out how do this anymore. Really
miSh> annoying.

Use 'Menu <name> Nop' instead of 'Popup <name>'.

Chuck