Subject: FVWM: Bug when calling Iconify from InitFunction

From: Jakob Schiotz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 11:30:47 +0100

Hi!

When I log in using the departmental X terminals, I get an xterm
running, and then the window manager is started from the .login file.
I use fvwm version 2.0.43 with the CleverPlacement patch.  I would
like to iconify the initial startup window as soon as fvwm has
started, so I use this InitFunction:

AddToFunc "InitFunction" 
+		"I" Next [!iconic CurrentScreen xterm] Iconify 1
+		"I" Module FvwmButtons
+		"I" CursorMove 30 40

When fvwm2 starts up, the xterm is iconified, but immediately
deiconifies again.  The deiconified window is not updated, so only the
frame shows, the xterm window shows what was below it when it
deiconified, but the contents move along with the window.  Choosing
refresh screen from the menu causes the xterm window to become black.
It becomes normal if I use the mouse to iconify and deiconify it
again.  Adding the same command to the RestartFunction causes the same
weird behavior.

I use SloppyFocus, and the only modules I start are the pager and
FvwmButtons.

Any suggestions?

Jakob

--
Jakob Schiotz                    !  Email: [email-masked]
CAMP, Department of Physics      !  WWW: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/
Technical University of Denmark  !  
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark          !  

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].