Subject: FVWM: mini archive site for cool patches :-)

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:21:57 -0500

hey, all

since i was keeping up with alot of the latest patches, especially from
Andrew and Brady, i put up my source tree to make some of the latest
add-ins available to all.   this is meant just a single access point for
some of the nicer additions, and should help those who have are having
trouble keeping up with all these pieces.   even after the next beta, i'm
sure there will be add-ins that pop up, so i will try to stay on top of all
of it! :-)

the site should generally have the latest patches available, except on
weekends when i'm not usually available (the machine is at work).  right
now, the tree is patched up with the UseDecor v9b patch, the windowshade
patch v1 (??), and the MiniIcons patch ( v??), hence the patch file is
called 'fvwm-2.0.43.tbsp9b.wsp1.miniicons.diff', and also includes Andrew's
Cascade and Tile modules, and Brady's IconMan v9 module.

and as i said, right now the site is just a link to the source tree, so
there's no pretty index to guide you around.   i'll try to set something up
before the end of the week, though.

it's laid out somewhat sensibly.   there's a 'patches' dir to hold patches,
'modules' for the modules, etc.  'fvwm-2.0.43' will be the current tree,
with some others probably lying around.  the machine is a Linux/Pentium
box, so that's what any compiled code will be for.   

the URL is <URL:http://phantom.iweb.net/fvwm/>

let me know of any suggestions, problems, etc.
greg

--
greg haygood				Web Developer
[email-masked]				Interweb, Inc
bsdac.uchicago.edu/~g-haygood/   		www.iweb.net

God put me on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  
At this point, I'm so far behind, I will never die.  -- Calvin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:11:05 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
first of all thanks for creating the patch archive.
I've compiled fvwm-2.0.43 on Sun Sparc running Solaris2.5 using gcc,
and got it working.
Now I would like to apply the patch

fvwm-2.0.43.tbsp9b.wsp1a.miniicons.patch

I tried with this command

patch -c -p0 -ifvwm-2.0.43.tbsp9b.wsp1a.miniicons.patch

and this is what I get 

Looks like a new-style context diff.
Malformed patch at line 48:
patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '.

line 48 is 
Only in fvwm-2.0.43/: Makefile

If I delete this line it happens anyway for empty lines and lines
starting with diff.
Sorry, this is the first time I try to apply a patch....

What should I do? Edit the patch file? How?

					thanks Marina

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: 12/11/96
Time: 17:11:05

This message was sent by XF-Mail
----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 19:18:08 -0500

Marina> Looks like a new-style context diff.  Malformed patch at
    Marina> line 48: patch: Line must begin with '+ ', ' ', or '! '.

    Marina> line 48 is Only in fvwm-2.0.43/: Makefile

    Marina> If I delete this line it happens anyway for empty lines
    Marina> and lines starting with diff.  Sorry, this is the first
    Marina> time I try to apply a patch....

    Marina> What should I do? Edit the patch file? How?

One should normally delete links and pass the output of a diff into a
grep -v "Only in" if there are other files present (that patch was not
made by me).

Try something like (providing your grep supports -v).

grep -v "Only in" < fvwm-2.0.43.tbsp9b.wsp1a.miniicons.patch | patch -p0

Andrew

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:09:50 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
thanks to Andrew's and your advices I succeeded in using patch.
Actually I downloaded gnu patch and use the standard command
as you suggested.
But I have new problems....
I get errors on applying the patches, for example
------------------------------------
Patching file fvwm-2.0.43/fvwm/add_window.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 63.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 86 with fuzz 1 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 115 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #4 failed at 187.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 219 (offset -20 lines).
Hunk #6 failed at 482.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 571 (offset -68 lines).
Hunk #8 failed at 861.
Hunk #9 failed at 877.
Hunk #10 succeeded at 945 (offset -27 lines).
Hunk #11 succeeded at 936 (offset -72 lines).
Hunk #12 succeeded at 1013 (offset -31 lines).
Hunk #13 succeeded at 1000 (offset -76 lines).
4 out of 13 hunks failed--saving rejects to fvwm-2.0.43/fvwm/add_window.c.rej
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a new-style context diff to me...
----------------------------------

Before bothering you again I decided to download again 
fvwm distribution.
I tried with the files in 
http://phantom.iweb.net/fvwm/
both the standard distribution and the full distribution,
to be sure I had no wrong version files.
Same result.
Finally since you have been so kind to publish the full patched
source files, I downloaded those for which I had a failure.
But compiling does not work!
---------------------------------------
gcc -g -Wall    -I/usr/local/include -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/local/include  -Dsun 
-DSVR4    -DSHAPE -DVECTOR_BUTTONS -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DGRADIENT_BUTTONS -DMULTIST
YLE -DEXTENDED_TITLESTYLE -DBORDERSTYLE -DUSEDECOR -DWINDOWSHADE -DMINI_ICONS -D
XPM -DHAVE_RPLAY  -c  add_window.c
add_window.c: In function `AddWindow':
add_window.c:208: structure has no member named `fl'
add_window.c:210: `FvwmDecor' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:210: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
add_window.c:210: for each function it appears in.)
add_window.c:210: `fl' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:210: structure has no member named `DefaultDecor'
add_window.c:213: structure has no member named `fl'
add_window.c:217: structure has no member named `fl'
add_window.c:218: structure has no member named `fl'
add_window.c:218: structure has no member named `DefaultDecor'
add_window.c:222: warning: implicit declaration of function `GetOlHints'
add_window.c:373: warning: implicit declaration of function `GetDecor'
add_window.c:373: `BorderStyle' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:373: `ButtonFaceTypeMask' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:374: `TiledPixmapButton' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:472: `left_buttons' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:473: `UseBorderStyle' undeclared (first use this function)
add_window.c:494: `right_buttons' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `add_window.o'

-----------------------------
What's wrong?
Sorry for the long message, but I tried to be clear.

                 ciao and thanks again Marina
-------------------------------
E-Mail: Marina Passaseo <[email-masked]>
Date: 12/12/96
Time: 16:09:50

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:59:13 -0500

It looks like your patching messed something up somewhere.  I see
-DMINI_ICONS in your defines.  I have not tested tbsp9d with them.

Please wait for 2.0.44 unless you know what you are doing.  These are
actually development patches (which is now noted on my page).  The
latest patch I've tried works fine on a number of platforms.