Subject: FVWM: FVWM Make

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:29:40 -0500

Hi.

  I am a relative newbie to all this, so I beg for your patience.

  I am attempting to build FVWM-2 on an Intel running NetBSD 1.2.  During
  the build, I receive an error...

  Picture.c:33: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory
  *** Error code 1

  Now, I looked all through my XFree86 distribution (v 3.2) and nowhere in
  there is the xpm.h header.  Is this header supposed to be in the X11R6.2
  distribution, or is it supposed to be with the FVWM distribution?  Where
  can I get this file, and others that I may be missing?

  Thanks

  sakm

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:43:19 GMT

>>>>> "shane" == shane  <[email-masked]> writes:

    shane>   I am attempting to build FVWM-2 on an Intel running
    shane> NetBSD 1.2.  During the build, I receive an error...

    shane>   Picture.c:33: X11/xpm.h: No such file or directory ***
    shane> Error code 1

You need XPM.  All new "official" xpm releases can be found by ftp on:

    ftp.x.org      (18.112.44.100) contrib (Boston, USA)
    koala.inria.fr (138.96.24.30)  pub/xpm (Sophia Antipolis, France)

-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Marc Baudoin)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:48:55 +0100

>   I am a relative newbie to all this, so I beg for your patience.

Repeat after me : "I shall not post a silly question before having read the
manual and the FAQ".

>   can I get this file, and others that I may be missing?

It's in neither distribution, you have to install XPM yourself as stated in
the FAQ file of the FVWM distribution :

13) I'm trying to build FVWM, but the linker is complaining about
    missing functions like 'XpmReadFileToPixmap' or the compiler can't
    find the include file X11/xpm.h.  Why is that?

A: You need to have the Xpm library on your system.  You can find the
   source for it at ftp.x.org in /contrib/libraries.  Or you can
   compile without Xpm support (see the configure.h file) and lose out
   on all the pretty color icons.

Anyway, I'm writing this message on a NetBSD 1.2 box with XFree86 3.2 and
FVWM 2.0.43 and it works just fine so you shouldn't have any problem when
you have XPM installed.

-- 
Marc Baudoin   -=-   <[email-masked]>
Hervé Schauer Consultants
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].