Subject: FVWM: warp-or-run with multiple windows

From: Richard Everson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 09:52:56 -0500

Hello,

I hope this isn't a FAQ. I have a FvwmButtons button which invokes the
warp-or-run function on xemacs.  Here's the function:

AddToFunc warp-or-run           "I" Next [$0 CirculateHit] Iconify -1
+                               "I" Next [$0 CirculateHit] Focus
+                               "I" None [$0] $1
   
If the xemacs has multiple frames (windows) on different desktops the
original xemacs frame is raised and the desktop is changed to the
desktop holding the original frame.

I would much prefer to raise the xemacs frame on the current desk.
Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Many thanks,
Richard Everson.

-- 
Laboratory for Applied Mathematics,       Telephone: +1 212 241 4033
CUNY/Mount Sinai School of Medicine,            Fax: +1 212 425 5037
Box 1012, One Gustave Levy Place,
NY, NY, 10029-6574.                      Email: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:58:44 -0500 (EST)

> Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Try this:

AddToFunc warp-current-desk-or-run
+ I Next [$0 CirculateHit CurrentDesk] Iconify -1
+ I Next [$0 CirculateHit CurrentDesk] Focus
+ I None [$0 CirculateHit CurrentDesk] $1

You might also want to try CurrentScreen instead of CurrentDesk.

--Xris

-- 
genius, n.:
        Person clever enough to be born in the right place at the right
        time of the right sex and to follow up this advantage by saying
        all the right things to all the right people.

Chris "Xris" Laas, Global Dictator in the making.
When I have attained my glorious destiny, I will have my own domain.
Until then, you can reach me at [email-masked].