Subject: FVWM: fvwm -> fvwm2 conversion problems wiht Fvwmbuttons

From: [email-masked] (Stan Brown)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:34:04 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to convert my existing fvwmrc file to use with fvwm. I have
	several questions, but let's deal with them one at a time. 

	The existing fvwmrc file puts xload and xclock into the button men u
	bar using commands like this :

	*FvwmButtons -       whatever    Swallow "xload" Exec xload -bg
	\#908090 -geomet
	ry -1500-1500 

	These don't seem to be working under fvwm2. I don't think it is even
	reserving space for these buttons.

	What am I doing wrong here ?

	Second, I would like to proprocess my fvwm2rc file with M4 like fvwm 
	did. The man page says to start fvwm2 like this to make this happen.

	/usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2 -f "FvwmM4 .fvwm2rc" &

	But when I do this I get some &really* strange results. My fvwm2rc file
	is basicly just my fvwmrc file run thorught the gawk conversion script.
	Should I do something different here?

	Third how can I simulate the "clamp: icon functionality from fvwm in
	fvwmrc2?

	Thanks for your help here.

-- 
Stan Brown     [email-masked]                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems
Atlanta Ga.
-- 
Look, look, see Windows 95.  Buy, lemmings, buy!   
Pay no attention to that cliff ahead...            Henry Spencer
(c) 1996 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].