Subject: FVWM: Now what should I do?

From: Min Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 16:05:19 -0600 (CST)

I have downloaded fvwm-2.0.43, fvwm-2.0.43.tbp8.diff and compiled a patch.
Now could anyone tell me how can I apply the Title-bar Patch to
fvwm-2.0.43?

Regards
Min

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 17:35:02 -0500

Min> I have downloaded fvwm-2.0.43, fvwm-2.0.43.tbp8.diff and
    Min> compiled a patch.  Now could anyone tell me how can I apply
    Min> the Title-bar Patch to fvwm-2.0.43?

Min,

Although I'd recommend you download the latest borderstyle patch, that
patch should still work.  Make sure the diff you downloaded is
uncompressed properly.
 
Just 

zcat fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz | tar -xf -
patch -s < fvwm-2.0.43.tbp8.diff
cd fvwm-2.0.43
xmkmf; make Makefiles; make

Then you can do what you want with the binary (you might want to copy
it as fvwm2.tbp8 or install it by cd fvwm/; make install install.man).

Regards,
Andrew