Subject: Re: FVWM: problems compiling fvwm2 -Reply

From: Randall E Cone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 22:05:12 -0500

>Proceed by telling on what platform you're compiling fvwm and what
>you've done before you typed "make" in the dir /bla/fvwm-2.0.43/ (hope
>you typed it there and not in the fvwm/ dir, first you need to build the
>things in lib/).

I'm running a CyrixP150+,PCI,1.6 IDE WD caviar on primary, CDROM on
secondary.
I untarred the fvwm2.0.43.tgz in the /tmp to check it out and see what its
effects would be.  I then typed xmkmf;./MakeMakefiles and things
seemed to go okay except for the 

>> "no rule to make target /lib/libfvwm2.a: stop"

problem.  Any further info will gladly be provided.
Thanks from a brand-spanking newbie!
-Randy C.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: TeeJay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 06:04:22 +0100 (MET)

> I'm running a CyrixP150+,PCI,1.6 IDE WD caviar on primary, CDROM on

Uhmm, I kind of meant: "What kind of OS are you compiling fvwm on?"  So
answer something like "Linux", "SunOS 4.X", etc. Sorry if I wasn't clear
enough about that. Newbie, aren't you? 

> seemed to go okay except for the 

Should be okay...

> problem.  Any further info will gladly be provided.

Does this error occur with the "./MakeMakefiles" command? This seems
pretty strange to me. Anyone else have a solution for this?

TeeJay signing off while saying:
                      "Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux"