Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconBox with page-specific icons?

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:31:46 -0500

I've been using the standard fvwm iconbox to hold my icons.  However,
I'm looking at using FvwmIconBox.  This works just fine, except that
with several pages (virtual screens), FvwmIconBox holds way too many
icons to be useful.

Is there a way to tell FvwmIconBox to show only the icons on the
current screen?

Thanks,

Ray
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "John J. Minkle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 00:25:54 -0500 (EST)

> Is there a way to tell FvwmIconBox to show only the icons on the

Hi all, been reading the list for a while...my first post :)

I gotta re-iterate kai's message regarding icon use in general - Use
Desktops instead. Is that legitamate advice, to point out a feature that
you think functionally replaces what the person is trying to do. The Pager
is truly an amazing thing, and I been reading this list for a while now
and I have to wonder if people don't recognize the power you get at such a
small overhead...

But anyways I think you want to unstick your icons - in your .fvwmrc
(yea i'm still on 1) or your .fvwm2rc file (i hope that's right)
and comment/remove StickyIcons like in this example

########################      ICON STUFF
##############################
# Auto Place Icons is a nice feature....
# specify left top right bottom of box

IconBox 183 712 358 741

#SuppressIcons
#StubbornIcons
#StubbornIconPlacement
#StickyIcons

This is what's in my file, icons stay on desk/screen you leave them.

 l8r

---