Subject: FVWM: starting applications on different pages

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 15:01:27 -0600 (CST)

Hello fvwm'ers. I am trying to start specific applications in specific
windows on the pager (my desktop is currently set to 2x2 i.e. 4 pages) But
when I try to use the StartsOnDesk x Style command, it puts it on a
completely different desktop rather than a window on the current one...
Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanx
Todd

<*>----------------------------<*>
 |				|
 |        Todd Fleisher		|
 |    [email-masked]	|
 | http://stu056.bsc.edu/fleish	|
 |				|
<*>----------------------------<*>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Wild)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:29:57 -0800

> Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanx

Sounds pretty RTFM'ish to me.  I don't think you have multiple desks.  I
think you have a 2x2 virtual desktop with only one desk.  

StartsOnDesk is for Starting on a different Desktop.  To start on a
different page of the present Desk you will have to specify the geometry
of the window by adding multiples of your screen width/height to get it
where you want.

There was a talk of a StartsOnPage flag but I believe it's waiting on
the infamous "Great Style Flag Re-Write (tm)"

-Alan

-- 
Alan Wild <[email-masked]>           /T\ f/s/c lou95
IT-HSC Consultant       Speed School Student Council        Speed News Guy
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~arwild01 or ==> ~triangle/ ~spdnews/ ~sssc/