Subject: FVWM: Icons in IconBox

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 00:57:51 -0600 (CST)

I am attempting to keep some icons from appearing in the iconbox (namely:
asclock, xload, & xconsole) I have put NoIcon in their Style lines, but
they keep showing up and I can't get rid of them. Anyone have an idea as
to how to eliminate this?
Todd

<*>----------------------------<*>
 |				|
 |        Todd Fleisher		|
 |    [email-masked]	|
 | http://stu056.bsc.edu/fleish	|
 |				|
<*>----------------------------<*>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 96 09:07 EST

>>>>> "Todd" == Fleish  <[email-masked]> writes:

    Todd> I am attempting to keep some icons from appearing in
    Todd> the iconbox (namely:
    Todd> asclock, xload, & xconsole) I have put NoIcon in their Style
    Todd> lines, but they keep showing up and I can't get rid of
    Todd> them. Anyone have an idea as to how to eliminate this?

Actually, this is backwards. Specifying NoIcon tells it to go into
IconBox. You must specify an Icon if you don't want it included.

Barry

-- 
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Securicor Telesciences Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:09:02 -0600 (CST)

Perhaps you can give me an example as to what you mean, because I have now
tried Style Icon and Style Icon iconfile.xpm and the icon still appears.
Thanx
Todd

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 12:48:58 -0500

> tried Style Icon and Style Icon iconfile.xpm and the icon still appears.

Not sure you got good information earlier.  This is how I specified the
things I didn't want to appear in the iconbox:

*FvwmIconBox            "*clock*" -
*FvwmIconBox            "*XSysStats*" -

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:11:02 -0600 (CST)

Thankyou for your help. As stated in the last line of my .fvwm2rc file:
# Mostly, you don't have to specify icon files, as FvwmIconBox now
# reads icon files specified in Style commands.

This led me to believe that as long as I didn't specify an Icon in the
Style line of the app, the icon wouldn't appear. To get icons not to
appear in the icon box, you must specify lines in the FvwmIconBox
configuration:
*FvwmIconBox            "xload"         -
works nicely for me.
Todd