Subject: FVWM: FVWM questions

From: "William M. Bondy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:30:54 -0600 (CST)

Hi,
     I currently use FVWM on SUN based UNIX network which supports
Xterm client-server communication. My X-TERM is a NCD with a 20 in
high resolution display. My question involves running FVWM on my PC
when I'm dialed into the network instead of working at my workstation.
When I connect with my PC (Ethernet or Dialup) running WIN95 and
Exodus xterm software, FVWM uses my large NCD physical display
size instead of my actual PC screen size:

  1) Is there a way to instruct FVWM to use a different physical
     screen size (in terms of height/width of pixels) ? So that when
     I'm dialled into my PC the physical desktop will be scaled down
     to my PC screen size.  

  2) Are there versions of FVWM for the WIN95 OS ?

   THANKS !!
-- 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Bondy	(William M. Bondy)
E-mail:	[email-masked]
Work:	(847) 632-4724
Fax:	(847) 632-3963   
--------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:44:28 -0600 (CST)

Actually, none that I know of. I had a similar problem on my network. I
like to use 1024x768 resolution, but the monitors on my network don't go
past 800x600. Most Xwindows clients do have a configurable option to set
the screen size, but this changes the size of the client window. You can
only change the display size of the X server on the machine through the
Xconfig file. 
Todd

<*>----------------------------<*>
 |				|
 |        Todd Fleisher		|
 |    [email-masked]	|
 | http://stu056.bsc.edu/fleish	|
 |				|
<*>----------------------------<*>