Subject: FVWM: minimizing xconsole

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:03:32 -0600 (CST)

Can someone please tell me what I need to put in my .fvwm2rc file to stop
fvwm from automatically minimizing xconsole when it loads up? Thanx
Todd

<*>----------------------------<*>
 |				|
 |        Todd Fleisher		|
 |    [email-masked]	|
 | http://stu056.bsc.edu/fleish	|
 |				|
<*>----------------------------<*>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 12:24:15 -0500

> fvwm from automatically minimizing xconsole when it loads up? Thanx

Hi again.

Does "minimizing" mean iconifying?

I think we would need to see how you are starting it.

In my opinion, "contool" is the best console program around.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Martin Kraemer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 19:29:26 +0100 (MET)

Todd Fleish wrote,...
> fvwm from automatically minimizing xconsole when it loads up? Thanx
I suppose this has nothing to do with fvwm -- any window manager should
"minimize" an application that was started with the "-iconic" switch.

Just start xconsole without the "-iconic".

    Martin
-- 
| S I E M E N S |  <[email-masked]>  |      Siemens Nixdorf
| ------------- |   Voice: +49-89-636-46021     |  Informationssysteme AG
| N I X D O R F |   FAX:   +49-89-636-44994     |   81730 Munich, Germany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My opinions only, of course; pgp key available on request
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fleish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:43:19 -0600 (CST)

Thankyou for your opinion... but I am not starting xconsole with -iconic
If someone actually knows why fvwm would be doing this and how to correct
it, please notify me. Thanks 
Todd

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:46:07 -0500

>>>>> "Fleish" == Fleish  <[email-masked]> writes:

Fleish> Thankyou for your opinion... but I am not starting xconsole
Fleish> with -iconic If someone actually knows why fvwm would be doing
Fleish> this and how to correct it, please notify me. Thanks

Do you have something like:

  Style "xconsole" StartIconic

in your .fvwm2rc file, by any chance?

Chuck