Subject: FVWM: "I've found a bug" (hints)

From: Vincent Pomey CAP SESA 62145678 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:08:48 +0100

I'm using fvwm 2.0.43 under DEC OSF 3.2c X11R5.

When using our application, which previously runned under MWM, I've
noticed the following problems :

- Under DEC OSF/1, the PropMotifWmHints structure uses 64 bits
members. Since 32 bits members are defined in the file decorations.c,
the protocol is not understood by FVWM.

Here is an extract of the MwmUtil.h that I have on my system :

typedef struct
{
#ifndef OSF_v1_2_4
    CARD32	flags;
    CARD32	functions;
    CARD32	decorations;
    INT32	inputMode;
    CARD32	status;
#else /* OSF_v1_2_4 */
    /* 32-bit property items are stored as long on the client (whether
     * that means 32 bits or 64).  XChangeProperty handles the conversion
     * to the actual 32-bit quantities sent to the server.
     */
    unsigned long	flags;
    unsigned long	functions;
    unsigned long	decorations;
    long 	        inputMode;
    unsigned long	status;
#endif /* OSF_v1_2_4 */
} PropMotifWmHints;

Updating this definition in decorations.c fix the problem.

- I've a window with MWM Decoration = TITLE and MWM Function = none, it
is still possible to move the window using the title bar. It is not
allowed under MWM. I've found that the move_window (move.c) function
does not use the check_allowed_function2 (decoration.c) to check
MWM_FUNC_MOVE, as it is done for iconify/close etc. Moreover,
check_allowed_function2 does not support the F_MOVE argument.

- Our application has two process, and we want the window of process 1
to be over the window of process 2. When both process are started,
process 2 send message containing its window id, and process 1 use
XSetTransientForHint to make its window transient for the other
window.
Unfortunately, it seems that FVWM doesn't not support that. The
TransientFor property is read for new window only, the property
notify event handler does not check the TransientFor property.

Are these last two bugs really bugs and already known ? Would you like
me to send patchs for that ?

--
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].