Subject: FVWM: Keys don't repeat on a sparc

From: Steven Taetzsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:53:21 -0500

Hi

I have fvwm2 running on a ultrasparc with solaris 2.5. I cannot get
any keys to repeat when I hold them down. I suspect it has something
to do with the login procedure and their DCE environmet.

Can anyone help?

Is anyone out there? I thought that I had subscribed to this list, but
I don't believe that I have recieved any posts since I go the
confirmation message.

Thanks
Steve
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:39:13 -0500

> to do with the login procedure and their DCE environmet.

Key repeat can be turned on and off with xset:

xset r on  # Turn repeat on

I know of at least one application (softwin) that turns key repeat off
each time it gets focus.

> I don't believe that I have recieved any posts since I go the

You don't say how long you have been  subscribed but there is activity
almost every day.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eric Ding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:32:43 -0500

>>>>> Steven Taetzsch <uunet!pictel.com!staetzsc> writes:

> to do with the login procedure and their DCE environmet.

Hi Steve,

what do you get if you do "xset q"?  Specifically, look for something like:

[194] xset q
Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeating keys:  00faaf8becff67f2
                        ff7bf0ff1ff89f03
                        1100000000000000
                        0000000000000000

Eric
--
Software Development Engineer                           [email-masked]
Applix, Inc.                                       TEL: (508) 870-0300 x284
112 Turnpike Road                 <><                   FAX: (508) 366-4873
Westboro, MA 01581-2842                    http://web.mit.edu/ericding/www/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].