Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons disappearing

From: Jeroen Valkonet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 13:24:14 +0100

Every now and then my FvwmButtons window closes when entering return. Is
there a way to prevent the Buttonbox from getting keyboard-control (it
is
ment to be controlled by a mouse anyway). Maybe this only applies to the
version I use (fvwm95-2, based upon 2.0.41f)?

Greetings,
-----
Jeroen Valkonet
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 19:32:14 +0100

>>>>> Jeroen Valkonet writes:

J> Every now and then my FvwmButtons window closes when entering return. Is
J> there a way to prevent the Buttonbox from getting keyboard-control (it
J> is
J> ment to be controlled by a mouse anyway). Maybe this only applies to the
J> version I use (fvwm95-2, based upon 2.0.41f)?

just add a generic action like the Action XTerm below (may be nop)

*FvwmButtons (Icon xterm.xpm,	\
	Action XTerm, \
	Action (Mouse 1) 'Xec "Menu Tools" "Popup Machine OnHostExec $0 $1 xterm"', \
	Action (Mouse 2) 'Xec "Menu WindowOps" XLock', \
	Action (Mouse 3) 'Xec  MyWindowList	"X @@"')

so you can see I do 7 different things with a single button:
I think this is a feature, though the nop should be default
-> no more crashing on non-handled events:

enter:		xterm
mouse1-single:	Menu Tools
mouse1-double:	menu of remote hosts, where I may open an xterm on
mouse2-single:	Menu Windowops - if no patch of the root window is left.
mouse2-double:	xlock
mouse3-single:	WindowList
mouse3-double:	door opener

albrecht
-- 
Your reasons were so obvious as my friends have qualified
  I only laughed away your tears, but even jesters cry -- Marillion
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].