Subject: FVWM: Taskbar

From: Peter S Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 17:22:08 -0500

One question concerning the fvwm95 taskbar (hope this is the correct place
to ask!),  can fvwm be configured such that the `maximize' button *not*
extend the window below the taskbar?

When i maximize emacs I can't see it's minibuffer because it gets hidden
behind the taskbar.

BTW, I prefered the older `fvwm' maximize buttom which would maximize 
vertically only;  you'd need to double-click to maximize in both axes.

Also BTW, the mini sun icon next to `Start' should be replaced by 
a fvwm logo (or the little penguin for us Linux users).

Thanks for any help!
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist                <[email-masked]>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
P.O. Box 1000, Mont-Joli Qc, G5H 3Z4 Canada  -- 418-775-0852 - FAX 418-775-0546
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Nov 1996 08:15:28 +0100

>>>>> Peter S Galbraith writes:

  Peter> One question concerning the fvwm95 taskbar (hope this is the
  Peter> correct place to ask!), can fvwm be configured such that the
  Peter> `maximize' button *not* extend the window below the taskbar?

Find the place in .fvwm2rc95 (or whatever it's called) where it calls
the Maximize function when the button is hit.  It should be a line
like this:

    Mouse 0 2 A Maximize 100 100

(The `0', `2' and `A' may be different.)  You can just put a different
percentage there.  The first 100 means take 100% of screen width, the
second means take 100% of screen height.  So `Maximize 0 90' means
don't make it wider at all and take 90% of screen height.

YMMV though, since I've never seen a .fvwm2rc95 (or so) file.

kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].