Subject: FVWM: "Dot" cursor stick: how to reproduce it!

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:49:16 +0100 (MET)

Hi all! 

   I found from where the bloody "dot cursor stick" come out. Well,
I do not have a fix, but I can show you that Knows :-) how to reproduce 
it. The bug is FvwmAuto related (it disappear if I KillModule FvwmAuto). 

1) Set up FvwmAuto 1500 (quite a long delay), and a title button  
   menu with a "close" option (everyone have one... or not?)
2) Fire up an xcalc.
3) partially obscure xcalc with another window (e.g., rxvt)
4) Now, go on the xcalc button title menu and, _before_ the xcal window 
   raise up, pull down the menu.
5) Wait the timeout (window do not raise because you have the menu on 
   with mouse key pressed.
6) Select close

That's it! Now you have the "dot" and you have to click and here the beep 
before using your mouse again.

Hope this helps,
                  Romano

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].