Subject: Re: FVWM: questions????

From: [email-masked] (Martin Cartwright)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:16:28 GMT

=> From: Carl Payne <[email-masked]>

=> I have two questions. First, Is there a way that I can make a button(on the
=> new fvwm2rc95-fvwm95-2.0.41) that goes directly to a telnet location? By this
=> I mean: I want to click on a button that takes me automatically takes me to a
=> location, let's say info.rutgers.edu. or 150.333.3435.554 whatever. Is this
=> possible?

=> Carl Payne
=> --
I don't use fvwm-95 but the Buttons work in much the same way as in fvwm-2.0.41
so add or change a button definition to:

*FvwmButtons Rutgers mini-term.xpm Exec "" xterm -sb -sl 2500 -T "info.rutgers.edu" -n "Telnet" -e telnet info.rutgers.edu &

(all one line)

Put this in the section of the .fvwm2rc95 file with all the other *FvwmButton 
lines and then when you restart you should have a new button called "Rutgers"
which will start up an xterm and telnet into info.rutgers.edu. This should
answer your first question.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:49:40 GMT

Carl said:
>  I have two questions. First, Is there a way that I can make a button(on the
>  new fvwm2rc95-fvwm95-2.0.41) that goes directly to a telnet location? By this
>  I mean: I want to click on a button that takes me automatically takes me to a
>  location, let's say info.rutgers.edu. or 150.333.3435.554 whatever. Is this
>  possible? My second question is how do I get the Autoraise function to NOT be
>  executed at startup.  I hate having to turn it off each time I enter.  Thank
>  you for your time.

A button to go directly to a telnet location:

(1x1, Padding 0 0,   Title BIDS Action  `Exec "xterm" /usr/lib/X11/xt
erm -ls -sl 2500 -T "Bids" -geometry +75+200 -n Bids -e telnet bids &`)

Not execute autoraise at startup:
Go to your .fvwmr2rc95 (or whatever) and look for the InitFunction,
find a line with 'FvwmAuto' in it. Simply remove that line.

If you use a system-wide file then you need to copy it over, make
your customisation and then log out/in to see the effect.

-- 
David Kennedy, The Queen's University of Belfast.