Subject: FVWM: bug (?), fvwmwinlist drifts while switching desktops

From: Raghavan Menon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 13:49:44 -0800 (PST)

I seem to have a strange problem. The Position of the FvwmWinList module
on the root window drifts as I switch between the different disjoint desktops.
This only happens when the two desktops have names of varying length which
are longer than the names of all the other windows. Could somebody else
try this out and see if they have the problem ?

To reproduce this add these lines to your .fvwm2rc (they should override
whatever you have currently specified).

-------- cut here -------------
Style "FvwmPager" BorderWidth 1, WindowListHit
Style "FvwmWinList" BorderWidth 1

*FvwmPagerGeometry -0+90
*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 36
*FvwmPagerRows 2
*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Pager:Local
*FvwmPagerLabel 1 Pager:Remote

*FvwmWinListGeometry -0+300
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList                                      
*FvwmWinListMaxWidth 200
*FvwmWinListUseIconNames
------ cut here ----------------------

After restarting,the windowlist should appear flush with the right side of
the screen and should show the desktop you are currently on (either Pager:Local
or Pager:Remote). Ensure that no other window has a name longer than these
two. Now click on one of the 9 virtual desktops on Desk "Pager:Remote" then
on "Pager:Local" and back to Pager:Remote. Do this a couple of times. On
my setup the windowlist slowly moves a couple of pixels to the left and
to the top with each set of clicks.

I was using 2.0.42 initially and I just downloaded 2.0.43 and the problem
still exists.

Thanks,
-- 
Raghavan <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].