Subject: FVWM: colors in modules problem

From: Nat Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:05:06 -0500 (EST)

fvwm seems to be able to display all of the colors in the rgb.txt file,
but in my personal .fvwm2rc file, when I specify colors to modules, for
example 
*FvwmPagerHilight SteelBlue4

returned the error
FvwmPager: can't alloc SteelBlue4

For all the colors that return errors, black is substituted instead.
Interesting enough, when I use read, blue, white, or black instead of
SteelBlue4, it works.

The following in my .fvwmrc file does work though:
HilightColor          linen SteelBlue4

I know I'm not understanding something about how colors work.  Could it be
that the color configuration on my machine is incorrect?  I'm using a
DECstation 5000/200 running ultrix4.4 and I'm using fvwm-2.0.43. 

Thanks in advance for help,

-Nat Holder
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: lar3ry gensch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 16:31:41 -0500

> *FvwmPagerHilight SteelBlue4

Are you running netscape or some other app that fills up the color map? 
If so, you will have to run those apps with a more spare color map or
with a private color map.  For instance:

	netscape -ncols 64	# run netscape with at most 64 colors

-- 
------------------ http://www.tiac.net/users/lar3ry/ -------------------
(void) lar3ry();                                      [email-masked]

  "I'll only enjoy being a manager when they port gdb to debug humans"