Subject: FVWM: fvwm

From: Jamie Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 17:21:09 -0500 (EST)

Hey,

  Why won't my cursor allow me to go to an adjacent desktop when 
it reaches the end of the current screen?  I have my EdgeResistance
parameters set to 0 0....

thanks

jamie 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Nov 1996 09:58:14 +0100

>>>>> Jamie Sparks writes:

  Jamie> Why won't my cursor allow me to go to an adjacent desktop
  Jamie> when it reaches the end of the current screen?  I have my
  Jamie> EdgeResistance parameters set to 0 0....

It was designed that way.  You use desks when you don't want the
cursor to move there by going to the edge of the screen, else you use
pages.

:-)

kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:11:19 -0500 (EST)

> cursor to move there by going to the edge of the screen, else you use

I know this sounds like a newbie question... but I've tried looking
everywhere... (I think)... how do I set up pages as opposed to DeskTops...
and is there any way I can suppress the title (like Desk 0) from showing
up... it's really annoying... thanx much :)
			-peace

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K?
w++++ O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5 X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>* 
h*(!) r- y*(+)
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
"Life is when you shake it" -- me

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Nov 1996 09:14:36 +0100

>>>>> Kendrick Vargas writes:

  Kendrick> I know this sounds like a newbie question... but I've
  Kendrick> tried looking everywhere... (I think)... how do I set up
  Kendrick> pages as opposed to DeskTops...  and is there any way I
  Kendrick> can suppress the title (like Desk 0) from showing
  Kendrick> up... it's really annoying... thanx much :) -peace

Use the DeskTopSize command:

    DeskTopSize 4x5

Also, afaik, the FvwmPager module shows the desk titles, but it
doesn't if you iconify it.  You can then use the icon as a view onto
the current desktop.

hth,
kai

---

From: Jakob Schiotz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 96 10:47:05 +0100

> doesn't if you iconify it.  You can then use the icon as a view onto

You *can* suppress the title in the pager.  I have this in my .fvwm2rc
file, and as far as I remember it was what I needed to supress the
title:

*FvwmPagerFont none

Jakob

--
Jakob Schiotz                    !  Email: [email-masked]
CAMP, Department of Physics      !  WWW: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/
Technical University of Denmark  !  
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark          !