Subject: FVWM: Questions about FVWM2

From: Mr R Tanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:02:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am currently trying to configure FVWM2 to my needs and have a few questions.
I have tried interogating everyone on my local newsgroups but they don't
seem to know so I am hoping you can be more helpful.

1. In my buttonbar I have a swallowed xterm which is very useful, but I have
to click on it before I can enter text, whereas my normal xterms focus as soon
as my cursor moves onto them. Is there a way to make a swallowed xterm focus
like a window does?

2. Is there a way for a swallowed object in my buttonbar to still act as a
button. In particular I want buttons that make remote logins to other servers
which have the load graph as their face. I can make each part work seperately,
buttons for logins and others with swallowed xmeters but is there a way to
combine them?

3. Netscape doesn't seem to obey my configuration. I have smartplacement
selected in my .fvwm2rc file but rather than find an empty area netscape
allways appears in the top left corner of the screen. Is there a way to
fix this?

4. I have four separate 'pages' setup in FVWM2 and want to be able to start
a program in a different page to the one I am using. eg I am working in page
1 but want to be able to start a program in page 2. At the moment I am forced
to start the program in my current page, then make it sticky, goto the page I
want it, unstick the window, then go back to the first page again. Is there
a better way?

5. Are OpaqueMove and OpaqueResize implemented in FVWM2 or have the command
names merely changed?

Cheers,

|\  | @      [email-masked]
|//\|\|/\    First Year Computer Science Student
|\\/|/|||    'Insanity is merely a state of mind.'
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].