Subject: FVWM: BUG: *FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 69x0 gives Errors

From: Tobias Oetiker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:39:56 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I found a problem with FvwmIconBox which is very simple to reproduce.
Unfortunateley I am no X-Wiz, so I can't fix it.

I like to have just the names of the programms in my IconBox. I hav
therefore set:

*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 69x0

Opticly this works without problem. But whenever I start a programm which
supplies its own icon, eg: Netscape, XFig ...  the
following message apears on the console:

Error in FvwmIconBox:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation) 
Major opcode of failed request:  53 
Resource id of failed request:  0x0 
Error in FvwmIconBox:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 
Major opcode of failed request:  55 
Resource id of failed request:  0x3800041 
Error in FvwmIconBox:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 
Major opcode of failed request:  62 
Resource id of failed request:  0x3800041 

can anybody help ?

cheers
tobi
--
 ______    __   _
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / TEL:+41(0)1-6325286  FAX:+41(0)1-6321194
/_/ \___/_.__/_/ [email-masked] http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:41:18 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Excuse me if this has been brought up before or is already solved:
What I would like to see in FVWM (I'm running 2.0.43) would be
that it remembers which windows was active on a certain desktop
and automatically activates this particular window when this 
desktop is switched to. This would save a lot a mouse clicks
I currently need to make.

An example to make it clear if my explanation above is too fuzzy:

1.) I got my pager configured for 3 separate workspaces containing
    4 desktops each.

2.) I'm on desktop #1 in workspace #1 and I got two DECTERM windows open.
    I got another DECTERM in a separate deskop #2 in workspace #1.

3.) When I switch from desktop #1 to desktop #2 (within the same
    workspace) I need to make the window active manually by clicking
    on it.

Note that this works when switching *between* workspaces and not between
desktops so the active window is saved per workspace and not per desktop.

Can this be changed somehow?

Thanks -- Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology, 
e-mail    : [email-masked]      Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send 
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------