Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 2.0.43 and ClickToFocus and DontPassFirstClick

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Nov 1996 16:22:31 +0100

Hi all,

I use fvwm 2.0.43 on Solaris 2.5 (OpenWindows) in ClickToFocus mode.
I have enabled the "don't pass click to just focused window" stuff in
fvwm/events.c.  I think that the following behavior occurs with either
setting, however.

When a program has its own way of selecting another frame (Netscape
has a "Windows" menu, Emacs has a "Frames" menu as well as a
keybinding to go to the next frame) the newly-selected window doesn't
automatically get focus.

In reality, this is wrong.  If the window to be selected needs to be
mapped or deiconified the window just selected gets focus, but if the
window is already mapped and just needs to be raised, it DOESN'T get
focus.

Fvwm's own mechanism, using the WindowList, say, always works.

What's the story?
kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].