Subject: FVWM: Problem with xterm in Button or Menu

From: Ulrich Quill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:11:11 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody !

I've just installed fvwm2 (2.0.43) and fvwm95 (2.0.42a) on our SUNs 
running Solaris 2.5.
Everything works just fine, _except_:

I tried to add the following command either to a button or to a menu 
entry:
Exec xterm -title Pine -geometry 80x50 -e pine &

When I type this command (without the Exec, of course) at the commanline 
in some shell window, everything works just fine.
When I add the line to a button and/or menu and invoke that action, the 
xterm comes up and starts pine, but any keypress is not recognized before 
another key is pressed or the mouse has been moved out of and back into 
the window again. This happens in both window managers.

As the X server in our system is X11R5 compliant, I suspect this to be the
cause of the problem. Unfortunately, I haven't yet compiled the programs 
on my Linux box at home, so I cannot compare the behaviour.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
	Ulrich Quill 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.Phys. Ulrich Quill                         Dept. of Neurophysiology
Tel: +49-(0)234-700-6955                        Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
Email:[email-masked]          44780 Bochum / Germany
  WWW: http://www.neurop2.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/personal/quill/Welcome.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].