Subject: FVWM: WindowListSkip syntax

From: [email-masked] (Alex Lui)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 96 14:52:05 EST

How do I tell FvwmWinList to not display certain windows on the list?
I specified *FvwmWinListUseSkipList in my .fvwm2rc config.  But
according to the man page, I need to also specify a WindowListSkip
line.  However, I've no clue what the syntax for this line is.

Thanks,
-Alex

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 15:44:58 -0500

> line.  However, I've no clue what the syntax for this line is.

Style "Fvwm*"  	  NoTitle,Sticky,WindowListSkip

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Aharon Schkolnik <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Nov 1996 20:32:17 +0200

>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

    Dan> [email-masked] (Alex Lui) writes:
    >> How do I tell FvwmWinList to not display certain windows on the
    >> list?  I specified *FvwmWinListUseSkipList in my .fvwm2rc
    >> config.  But according to the man page, I need to also specify
    >> a WindowListSkip line.  However, I've no clue what the syntax
    >> for this line is.
    >> 

    Dan> Style "Fvwm*" NoTitle,Sticky,WindowListSkip

I'm still confused. Now we have *FvwmWinListUseSkipList and 
Style Fvwm* WindowListSkip.

Where is the list of windows to skip ?

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   [email-masked]
  is great, and the Master of the house is     |
  impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2     |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Nov 1996 14:48:18 +0100

>>>>> Aharon Schkolnik writes:

  Aharon> I'm still confused. Now we have *FvwmWinListUseSkipList and 
  Aharon> Style Fvwm* WindowListSkip.

  Aharon> Where is the list of windows to skip ?

It's in the Style lines.  If you want Fvwm to skip your xterm and
xpostit windows, you put two Style lines in .fvwmrc:

	Style "xterm" WindowListSkip
	Style "xpostit" WindowListSkip

See?
kai
-- 
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:22:26 -0500

> Where is the list of windows to skip ?

The line:

*FvwmWinListUseSkipList

simply tells the winlist module to use the list.

>From the man page:

     *FvwmWinListUseSkipList
          Tells FvwmWinList to not  show  the  windows  that  are
          listed  on  a  WindowListSkip line if the configuration
          file.

What may be contributing  to the confusion is the  wording on  the man
page, it is refering to the 1.x .fvwmrc-type config file.

(Chuck, note the  reference  to the 1.x  config  file, and the  faulty
grammer.)

The actual list is created thru the style lines:

Style "Fvwm*" WindowListSkip
Style "etc"   WindowListSkip