Subject: FVWM: XDM

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:54:07 -0600 (CST)

Does anybody have an xdm binary that works with shadow passwds or know 
where I can find it?  I need the binary because I've upgraded to X 312 
using binary files and don't have the source to compile xdm with shadow 
passwd checking enabled.

Thanx in advance,

Rick Jones
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:22:42 -0600 (CST)

> using binary files and don't have the source to compile xdm with shadow 
I left an important piece of info out.  I'm running linux kernel 2.x on a 
Pentium based PC.

 ==========================
Rick Jones
[email-masked]
==========================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:32:43 -0500 (EST)

> I left an important piece of info out.  I'm running linux kernel 2.x on a 

The latest version of XFree has xdm support for shadow passwords.  I'm 
not on it right now, but I belive in the bin. version there were two 
versions of xdm (xdm and xdm-shadow).  I also believe that it was in the 
same path as good ol' xdm.

---
Jason Howk                   E-mail: [email-masked]
UCS Helpdesk Consultant      Phone : 616.387.5161