Subject: Re: FVWM: StaysOnBottom...

From: Edgar Greuter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:26:12 +0100

Jakob Schiotz wrote:

>   I guess there may be windows that you want to be able to click on
> without raising them, but they must be rare (xbiff is the only example
> I can think of).  Should such windows be taken care of by a
> StaysOnBottom style option, by a NeverFocus style option, or not at
> all ?  I don't know.

Have you ever seen the Caldera desktop "Looking Glass" (lg) on linux?
It can be configured as a single window covering the whole screen
background. At the top of this window is a menubar and a toolbar with
icons. The rest of the window is used like MS-Windows' progman:
you can drop icons there and later start programs by double clicking
on them.
This application and similar ones would greatly benefit from the
proposed StaysOnBottom style. For now "lg" just lowers its window
whenever another window is lowered below it.

	- Edgar
--
Edgar Greuter				E-Mail: [email-masked]
Fran\c{c}oisstra\ss e 21
66117 Saarbr\"ucken
Germany

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].