Subject: FVWM: Messy Icons

From: "Colin Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:17:23 -0500

Hi,
	I hope this is not a silly question but how do I get FVWM to place all
my shrunk icons along the botton of my screen without resorting to a horrible
icon box ?
  Once a new window opens and I iconise it I place it on the bottom and it
stays there but is there a way to autoplace icons a kin to 4Dwm (SGI)?
 Sorry if this is a newbie question.
TIA
Colin Constable
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 16:56:56 GMT

> Sorry if this is a newbie question.

This is the relevant line from my .fvwmrc:

	Style "*"           IconBox 0 +0 +90 +880

So, you could have different places for different icons. This line defines
a region where all my icons wil go to, its the top left of my screen,
down the side (if you see what I mean).

Read the 'man' page for more info.

I have just decided that I'll move all my mail windows to a different icon
box and was poking about when your mail arrived, good timing!
-- 
David Kennedy, The Queen's University of Belfast.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].