Subject: FVWM: questions????

From: Carl Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 96 17:11:47 EST

I have two questions. First, Is there a way that I can make a button(on the
new fvwm2rc95-fvwm95-2.0.41) that goes directly to a telnet location? By this
I mean: I want to click on a button that takes me automatically takes me to a
location, let's say info.rutgers.edu. or 150.333.3435.554 whatever. Is this
possible? My second question is how do I get the Autoraise function to NOT be
executed at startup.  I hate having to turn it off each time I enter.  Thank
you for your time.
Carl Payne
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ulrich Quill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 07:52:37 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Carl Payne wrote:

> possible?

I've not tried it with telnet, but it should work in of these two ways:
Either you let the button start up an xterm which automatically runs 
telnet:

*FvwmButtons(Title "Info", Action 'Exec xterm -e telnet info.rutgers.edu 
&' )

Or you use an X-based telnet like xtelnet:

*FvwmButtons( Title "Info", Action 'Exec xtelnet info.rutgers.edu &')

> My second question is how do I get the Autoraise function to NOT be

Just remove or comment the call to the Autoraise module in your 
.fvwm2rc95 file (the module is called FvwmAuto).

Regards,
	Ulrich Quill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.Phys. Ulrich Quill                         Dept. of Neurophysiology
Tel: +49-(0)234-700-6955                        Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
Email:[email-masked]          44780 Bochum / Germany
  WWW: http://www.neurop2.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/personal/quill/Welcome.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].