Subject: Re: FVWM: jpg to xpm conversion

From: Alexis Rosoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 22:24:16 -0500

At 03:46 PM 11/26/96 -0600, Monty Scroggins wrote:
|> Hi all,
|>
|> I have fetched a bunch of *.jpg files from a www page that I wish
|> to use as background textures for my workstation.  Does anyone know
|> where a utility exists that I can use to convert these jpeg images to xpm 
|> format ??

XV will do this, but it may end up being easier to use xv to display the
files rather than xpmroot. To do this, use `xv -root -quit some_file.jpg'.
The colours look nicer with XV, IMO, and the files are smaller than pixmaps.

Alexis
<>------------------<>-----------------()---------------<>-------------<>
<> `And all must love the human form   ()   Alexis Rosoff              <>
<>  In heathen, Turk, or Jew;          ()   [email-masked]              <>
<>  Where mercy, love and pity dwell   ()   Long Island, New York      <>
<>  There God is dwelling too.'        ()   http://www.li.net/~alexis  <>
<>------- -- William Blake ------------()---------------<>-------------<>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].