Subject: FVWM: icon titles on _top_?

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 96 14:10:21 EDT

OK, no one took up the gauntlet I threw to change RandomPlacement to not
place under StaysOnTop windows, so I have another question :)

I'm thinking I have to move my buttonbar to the bottom of my window,
since it's just too annoying to have the tops of windows hidden by it
when they appear.  That means I'll have to move my icons (I use one
Style "*" IconBox) to the top of the screen.

Can I modify the IconBox style so that the title of of the iconified
window appears _above_ the icon, rather than below?  This would give me
a bit more screen real estate at the top, and still allow me to see at
least the title of all my icons.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 Senior Software Engineer                                   Bay Networks, Inc.
-----------------------------------------------==<http://www.baynetworks.com/>-
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     These are my opinions--Bay Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 10:30:48 +0100

On Thu, 10 Oct 96 14:10:21 EDT
"Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]> 
> least the title of all my icons.

I had a go at a patch for this some time ago (about 6 months, I think).
I got most of the way there: the icon was drawn correctly, but placement
was a bit dodgy.

If you're interested I could try and resurrect the code.

Ric

Richard J. Lister, Research Assistant    
Neural Computing Research Group, Aston University
[email-masked] 
http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/~listerrj/ 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].