Subject: FVWM: CursorMove query

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 16:46:16 +0100

Hello All,

I'm new to the wonderful world of fvwm, after many years using ctwm.
I was tempted to try fvwm when I couldn't figure out a way to move the
cursor around without having to use the mouse. Fvwm's CursorMove gave
me a very easy way to do what I wanted.

At least, until I upgraded to fvwm2 (via the RedHat Linux package
management system). Anyway, the upshot is, my CursorMove commands
still work, *except* when the mouse pointer is in root window,
when they have no effect. The relevant bit of my .fvwm2rc is:

	# press arrow + control anywhere, move the pointer by 1% of a page
	Key Left	A	C	CursorMove -2 0
	Key Right	A	C	CursorMove +2 +0
	Key Up		A	C	CursorMove +0   -2
	Key Down	A	C	CursorMove +0   +2

	# press arrow + shift anywhere, move the pointer by 1% of a page
	Key Left	A	S	CursorMove -20 0
	Key Right	A	S	CursorMove +20 +0
	Key Up		A	S	CursorMove +0   -20
	Key Down	A	S	CursorMove +0   +20

Am I doing something daft? I'd appreciate any ideas you folks might have.
Also, apologies if this is a FAQ. I have checked the mailing list
archives, but didn't come across anything that sounded like this
problem, but if I've missed something, I'm sorry.

All the best.

--
Stuart

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].