Subject: FVWM: Solaris x86 function keys

From: Lance Heller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 96 13:02:23 -0600

I've installed fvwm 1.23b on a x86 box running Solaris 2.5.  All
seems to be sweetness and light except function keys F1-F12, which
no longer produce the actions found on my AIX 4.1.4 machine running
the same fvwm revision.  

The keys are assigned in my .fvwmrc as follows.  The functions
referenced, e.g. RaiseLower, work as expected when called via
other pop-up menus.

# Keyboard accelerators
Key F1      A   M   Popup "Window Ops"
Key F2      A   M   Popup "Utilities"
Key F3      A   M   RaiseLower
Key F4      A   M   Destroy
Key F5      A   M   CirculateUp
Key F6      A   M   CirculateDown
Key F7      A   M   Move
Key F8      A   M   Resize
Key F9      A   M   Iconify
Key F10     A   M   Maximize

There are no errors or warning during the build and so far as I can
see keysymdef.h is correct.

Any suggestions will be gladly accepted.

Regards
Lance
  
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lance Heller                     |         
Network Development Engineering  |  LDDS WorldCom         
  email: [email-masked]   |  6929 North Lakewood Avenue
  phone: (918)590-5612           |  Tulsa, OK  74117  
  fax  : (918)590-1103           |  MailDrop: 3.1-310
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Trent Piepho <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 12:35:53 -0800 (PST)

> no longer produce the actions found on my AIX 4.1.4 machine running

Try using xev to see what keysym they are making.  They might not be 
making F1 and F2 and so on, but Copy, Cut, Help or something.  I'd
also make sure your meta key is really working as meta.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho ([email-masked])                   -- Metallica  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].