Subject: FVWM: Three suggestions.

From: Jakob Schiotz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 10:57:13 MET

I have three suggestions for fvwm.  I know that I should really
implement them myself, but I have neither the time nor the expertise,
so I can just hope that somebody else like them. :-)

1) A SwallowIcon option for FvwmButtons.  It should work like Swallow,
but iconify the program and swallow the icon.  When clicking on the
icon the program should deiconify, and the button should remain
depressed (or shaded out) until the user iconifies the program again.
Useful for things like the Sun calendar manager, where you want the
program to be running so that it can pop up reminders, and where the
icon displays useful info (the date).

2) A NoFocus Style flag: the program never gets focus, even if you
click on it.  For programs like xload, xbiff and FvwmButtons.

3) A NoIconFocus Style flag: The program don't get focus when
iconified.  Useful for Emacs, which accepts keyboard info even when
iconified.  I have more than once tried to compile a program with 
"ls -l" inserted somewhere :-)

Jakob

--
Jakob Schiotz                    !  Email: [email-masked]
CAMP, Department of Physics      !  WWW: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/
Technical University of Denmark  !  
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark          !  
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].