Subject: FVWM: fvwm v2.1 production

From: Jason Barshay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 15:53:59 -0700

when will v2.1 go production?  your web page says "real soon now" but
there is no date info on the web page (as to when "reas soon" is or as
to when the statement "real soon now" was made) so there's no way for me
to tell if that statement has been there for 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months,
or 5 years.

Jason

-- 
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed here are my own and in no way should
             be construed to represent the Oracle Corporation.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jim Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 23:13:18 -0400 (EDT)

Forgive me if this is a faq (or at least direct me to the faq), but is
there a .fvwm2rc setting or a patch that allows a window to be raised
whenever a click occurs anywhere within the client area? I just noticed
that fvwm-95 does this, and I was wondering if the ability was part of
fvwm2 that I've missed...

- Jim

---

From: Martin Kraemer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 09:14:49 +0200 (MDT)

Jim Nicholson wrote...
> [...] is
> that fvwm-95 does this [..]

That's a "feature" of both fvwm-[12] and fvwm95 that works _only_ if you
specify ClickToFocus :-(   Since fvwm-95 has ClickToFocus in its default
fvwmrc file, you experience this behaviour.

This topic has been discussed several times on this list, though no none
could explain to me yet why it has to be like this, and why there's no
way to, say, let the user set a ClientClickRaise flag for all xterm-like
windows.

    Martin
-- 
| S I E M E N S |  <[email-masked]>  |      Siemens Nixdorf
| ------------- |   Voice: +49-89-636-46021     |  Informationssysteme AG
| N I X D O R F |   FAX:   +49-89-636-44994     |   81730 Munich, Germany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My opinions only, of course; pgp key available on request
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 09:10:03 -0400

>>>>> "JB" == Jason Barshay <[email-masked]> writes:

JB> when will v2.1 go production?  your web page says "real soon now"
JB> but there is no date info on the web page (as to when "reas soon"
JB> is or as to when the statement "real soon now" was made) so
JB> there's no way for me to tell if that statement has been there for
JB> 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months, or 5 years.

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, that is the point of that
statement.  The current beta versions are pretty stable for everyday
use, but there is still work to be done before I feel that it's ready
for "mass consumption".

So it's close and could theoretically be ready at any time, but since
work happens in my rather limited (almost mythical) "free time" I
don't know how long any given amount of work on fvwm will take.

My current rough timetable is to get one more beta (2.0.44) out within
the next few weeks, and then 2.1.0 out within a week or two after that.

But then, that is what I said before 2.0.43 came out...  Things may
change again, but I'm going to try real hard to prevent that.

Chuck

--
*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].