Subject: FVWM: [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed: ...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 00:01:35 +0200 (MSZ)

Once in a while I see these error messages on my console window:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed: 
/usr/local/lib/fvwm2/
Permission denied

This is not always reproducable by doing the same thing that happened to 
cause the error message (refresh screen for example). Some beta-bug or a 
misconfiguration error?

Version is fvwm 2.043, running on HPUX 9.03.

-Michael
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96 18:53:49 +0200

>>>>> a8505970 == Michael writes:

a> Once in a while I see these error messages on my console window:

a> [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> Execution of module failed: 
a> /usr/local/lib/fvwm2/
a> Permission denied

a> This is not always reproducable by doing the same thing that happened to 
a> cause the error message (refresh screen for example). Some beta-bug or a 
a> misconfiguration error?

a> Version is fvwm 2.043, running on HPUX 9.03.

very old parsing bug.
consistent use of GetNextToken or some such should root this out.

(it's a string consisting of just a tab or space which is thought to be a
command or module. Execution has to fail.)

albrecht
-- 
I'll be seeing you again on the ricochet,
Will you show me the pieces next time on the ricochet, (ricochet) -- Marillion
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].