Subject: FVWM: dont warp while uniconize

From: Prasad Suravarapu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:

I am using fvwm2 (fvwm95-2.0.42a) on SunOS 4.1.3.  In my current set-up, when
I click on an iconized window, it will de-iconize, set-focus-to-itself and warp
the cursor to the left-top [0,0]-pixel of the window.  This is nice, since I 
use virtual desktop, it directly takes me to the right desktop with the focus 
to the window I want etc. 

The problem though is the cursor is warped to 0,0 of that window.  So, each 
time I de-iconize a window 
 1. I have to lift to mouse to move it so I dont cross the mouse pad etc. 
 2. It seems to unfriendly, since even after 3 months of trying to get used to
    this, I always try to move the pointer from the icon to the window having
    forgotten it did it for me.  This is more so in my case as I use two screen
    wrapped around display, the pointer invariably gets lost.

I tried changing settings so it would not warp, but then I had to look at each 
desktop to look for the window I just de-iconized.

Thanks,

Prasad

--
Prasad Suravarapu

      Anybody tried to maximize the FvwmTaskBar lately...
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Oct 1996 11:06:28 +0200

>>>>> Prasad Suravarapu writes:

  Prasad> Hi: I am using fvwm2 (fvwm95-2.0.42a) on SunOS 4.1.3.  In my
  Prasad> current set-up, when I click on an iconized window, it will
  Prasad> de-iconize, set-focus-to-itself and warp the cursor to the
  Prasad> left-top [0,0]-pixel of the window.

2.0.43 has some option to say where the focus should go, I think.

(Focus 50 50 positions in middle of window, Focus 0 0 gives old
behavior.)

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.