Subject: FVWM: fvwm95 n' stuff.

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:42:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. 
	I have two questions... The first question regards the fvwm95
page... does ANYONE know what happened to it? or if there is a new site,
where is it? My second question is why the latest version (fvwm 2.0.42a)
does not let you specify the -f option properly. I am on an IRIX 5.3
machine and I cannot seem to get -f to work. It would be very nice, as I
am constantly switching between platforms. I would appreciate private mail
responses, thanx much :)
			-peace

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K?
w++++ O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5 X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>* 
h*(!) r- y*(+)
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
"Life is when you shake it" -- me

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 19:23:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Kendrick --

>  I cannot seem to get -f to work

	It works ok on my 2.0.43 system. Are you specifying the alternate rc
file as

	1) -d /my-directory/my-special-fvwm-rc-file

			or

	2) -d/my-directory/my-special-fvwm-rc-file

...?

	Only the first syntax will work. I've only recently begun following
fvwm development, so I don't know whether the other style used to be honored.

	Good luck,
	Bob

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:57:52 -0400 (EDT)

> 	1) -d /my-directory/my-special-fvwm-rc-file

hmmm... I've always done it like this, but is it -d or -f (I've always
known -f) ... I'll try it later, thanx :)
			-peace

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:27:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Kendrick  --

>  is it -d or -f (I've always known -f) ...

	Duhhh.... Connect fingers to brain before typing. Read before pushing
Send button. Of course you're right, it's "-f". I was curious whether there 
was a space between the flag and the filename. Sorry for the confusion. Don't
try "-d". You wouldn't like it. :-)

	Cheers,
	Bob

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

> try "-d". You wouldn't like it. :-)

in this case, I did use -f <filename> ... At my university, I have 3-4
different systems I can log in to ... SGI's, Sun's (with Solaris), Linux
boxes, and a few SunOS 4.1.x machines. I've grown dependant on the -f
feature for loading alternate config files, and I was unable to use it
with FVWM95 (is it specifically broken for that?). 
			-peace