Subject: FVWM: Two questions.

From: Jakob Schiotz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 96 16:52:05 MET

Hi FVWM-gurus!

I recently upgraded to fvwm version 2.0.43 and I have two questions:

1) I use FvwmButtons on a monochrome display.  In version 1 I got a
nice button-look, where the buttons get depressed when I press them.
In version two they are just white, I assume that the color used for
the relief/shades is white as well.  I can see from the documentation
that fvwm uses the FvwmButtonsBack color to calculate a relief and a
shade color.  Maybe fvwm should detect the monochrome display and use
dithering to represent the relevant graytone.  Or maybe there should
be a new option to specify these colors, then we who suffer from a
monochrome display can select it as the foreground color, and we will
be able to get the button effect back.

2) I use 'Style "*" ClickToFocus' since I prefer the click-to-focus
mode.  However, when a window disappears focus reverts to the last
window that had focus, even if that window has been iconified.  I
would prefer that iconified programs never get keyboard focus, maybe a
NoIconFocus style option?  Or maybe keyboard focus should go to the
topmost not-iconified window when the window having focus cease to
exist?

Any comments?

Jakob.

--
Jakob Schiotz                    !  Email: [email-masked]
CAMP, Department of Physics      !  WWW: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/~schiotz/
Technical University of Denmark  !  
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark          !  
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].