Subject: FVWM: .fvwm help please

From: Nick Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:06:33 +0100

Hi!
I suppose this is somewhat related to the present discussion about fvwm
and fvwm95. I'm presently using 95 and was having a fiddle with
FvwmButtons to try and simulate the task bar. (Would this be one way to
go about it? do something about the appearance and use buttons for the
task bar? But then I've no idea how it all works so....!) This was
originally sourced from a config for version 1. Anyway I've been trying
to get it to work, at present under 95 (wouldn't think it would make any
difference...?) Basically it starts up then disapears. Ideally I'd like
it to be similar to the taskbar -
  menu button; window list; clock/ mail indicator
Okay, any debugging help would be *much* appreciated! 

*FvwmButtonsGeometry 1030x32+0+1
*FvwmButtonsColumns     27
*FvwmButtonsFont  -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtonsFore        Black
*FvwmButtonsBack        LightSlateGray
#*FvwmButtons (2x1, Icon mini-exp.xpm, Action 'PopUp "Start" Start')
*FvwmButtons (25x1, Swallow "FvwmWinList" `FvwmWinList`)
#*FvwmButtons (2x1)       - whatever      Swallow "xclock" xclock
-digital -bg LightSlateGray  -padding 0 &

*FvwmWinListBack LightSlateGray
*FvwmWinListFore Black
*FvwmWinListFont  -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1, Raise
*FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify
*FvwmWinListAction Click3  Popup "Window Ops"
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList
*FvwmWinListUseIconNames
*FvwmWinListGeometry +10

Thanks everyone,
Nick
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].