Subject: FVWM: ClickToFocus oddity

From: Michael Tiefenback <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

I have the mouse binding

Mouse 3 TSIF    A       RaiseLower

in my .fvwm2rc file (2.0.43 in use).  This toggles well for windows in 
MouseFocus, but when I have ClickToFocus set for a window, I get the 
following behavior

Window has focus	click 3 in Title	RaiseLower toggle

Window has no focus	click 3 in Title	Window Raises briefly
						above any windows it
						had been below, then
						drops to bottom.

This seems not to be consistent behavior.  This is my only non-root mouse
3 binding.  This seems to be due to the ClickToFocus generating a Raise
event before evoking the RaiseLower which then drops the window to the
bottom.  I *really* like fvwm, and I don't consider this a real problem,
but neither do I consider it to be proper behavior, as the Raise is not
called out in the manpage as a result of a window-click, at least as far
as I have found.  Is this related to the relatively nasty behavior I see
with some Motif processes (getting a Raise command [dutifully executed]
resulting from a button-click which was issued to call forth a menu in the
window _body_ [note: menus from menubar work properly], thus covering up
the newly created menu)?  And maybe with some configureNotify observations
recently raised along with accompanying clouds of smoke and dust
concerning active focus apps?  Or maybe I didn't RTFM? 

Michael Tiefenback

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].