Subject: FVWM:run time problem

From: [email-masked] (Ravi Raj)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:57:16 -0500 (GMT)

hi all,
	after succesfully compiling fvwm,i tried to run it. it gave the
folowing error message:
ld.so.1: fvwm: fatal: libXext.so.0: can't open file: errno=2
Killed
libXext.so.0 is in /usr/openwin/lib and i'm NOT installing as root.
also, i have not run "make install" as i thought it was optional.
what do i have to do to correct this problem?

thanx in advance,
ravi.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 01:56:34 -0400 (EDT)

I am starting with compiling fvwmlib.a 

gcc -I../include  -O -DXPM -DSHAPE  -target sun4 -c  CatString3.c
gcc.exe: -l_new_c: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc -I../include  -O -DXPM -DSHAPE  -target sun4 -c  CopyString.c
gcc.exe: -l_new_c: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc -I../include  -O -DXPM -DSHAPE  -target sun4 -c  GetFdWidth.c
.
.
.

I am on a Sparc SunOS 4.1.3 1 sun4c 

Any help would be appreciated

---

From: Guenther Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:06:59 +0200

> what do i have to do to correct this problem?

Put /usr/openwin/lib in  the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and do a ldconfig.

  Guenther