Subject: FVWM: xenoWindowMangerCompliancy

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Magill)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 13:07:59 PPE

I just wanted to say that as for issues of autoraise on focus and
enforcing modality...personally, I don't care about those features and
would rather Chuck work on things like installing colormaps to screen
lockers, the Style rewrite, and other bug fixes.

I would also rather see a more specific way to specify app/class names
in the Style command (maybe use regexp and specify whether you're talking
about the class name, icon name, app name, etc.)

It seems to me that the fvwm user-base is not really hot-to-trot about
certain standard features propagated by the major distributors of window
managers.  We've made a choice to use fvwm instead of mwm or something
else, after all.  It doesn't mean we don't want ANY of the features, but I
think we're less concerned with applications being ported from those
other environments to fvwm.

Obviously, changing the default focus policy is _SO_ unimportant to us
that we don't even want Chuck to spend the time necessary to change a few
characters in a file.  Drop it, for christ's sake.

Jeff
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].