Subject: Re: FVWM: Focus and WindowList

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Oct 1996 09:24:34 +0200

>>>>> Alan Shutko writes:

  Alan> Unfortunately, while the 1.x Windowlist warped the pointer to
  Alan> the window and focussed it, the 2.x one does not.  I can't use
  Alan> FvwmWinList, because it apparently doesn't have a kbd
  Alan> interface.

Here's what I have in .fvwm2rc, and it's been working just fine for
quite a while now.  Still works fine with 2.0.43.

Key m           A       3       WindowList

I hit Alt-m, then move around with j and k or CursorUp and CursorDown,
then select a window with Space or Return.  Note: you might need to
hit a key twice for it to take effect.  Especially if you select
windows using the given number.

hth,
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 08:55:37 -0400

>>>>> "AS" == Alan Shutko <[email-masked]> writes:

....
AS> Unfortunately, while the 1.x Windowlist warped the pointer to the
AS> window and focussed it, the 2.x one does not.  I can't use
AS> FvwmWinList, because it apparently doesn't have a kbd interface.

AS> Is there any way to use WindowList and give the selected window focus?
AS> Or an alternative window list with a kbd interface?

Known problem that was discussed here a few weeks ago (it focuses, but
no longer warps).  The builtin window list will be fixed in the next
beta.

Chuck