Subject: FVWM: Built-in WindowList: misfeature

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Oct 1996 09:30:32 +0200

Hi all,

there's a behavior of the built-in WindowList that annoys be a little
bit, as I like to move my hands as little as possible.  Here's the
story:

The WindowList offers several possibilities to choose a window.  Among
them:

  - Type a digit or a letter to select a specific window (1, 2, ...,
    9, A, B, ...).
  - Use the J and K keys to move around and select the current window
    with Return or Space.

This is fine if you don't have too many windows, but there comes a
time when I hit J and it's not doing what I expect: it selects the
window marked with J rather than moving down one window.

I think one way out would be to require the user to use upper case
letters when choosing windows directly.  Or omit the letters J and K
(and N and P and maybe others) from the enumeration?  I'm not sure
what would be the best way.  Any suggestions?

tia,
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 07:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

> what would be the best way.  Any suggestions?

Dave Lounsberry
[email-masked]
http://www.iag.net/~dbl