Subject: FVWM: dual heads

From: [email-masked] (Erik Denny)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:26:52 -0400

I'm new to the list today, but I'll jump in feet first anyway.

First, let me say I love fvwm.  Once I get a little more into the customization of it, it'll be perfect.

The major problem I have is:  I have a Sun Sparc with 2 heads.  I looked through the mailing list archives, but can only find vague references to running 2 monitors.

Can someone, publically or privately, advise me as to how to set up a dual-headed monster?

I am running 1.2x fvwm on Solaris 2.5.1.

Any help would be appreciated.  

TIA.

..erik

Erik Denny, GE CRD IMS Unix Support, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Boyns <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 1996 12:55:31 -0700

[email-masked] (Erik Denny) writes:

> The major problem I have is: I have a Sun Sparc with 2 heads.  I
> looked through the mailing list archives, but can only find vague
> references to running 2 monitors.
> 

Your X server (X11R6?) should manage all of your screens when it
starts.  If it doesn't you might have to use the -dev argument or the
XDEVICE environment variable.  fvwm obtains the number of screens from
the X server and then starts window managers on each of those screens.

If I remember correctly, fvwm 1.2x worked with on multiple screens
without any special configuration.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].