Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 initially slow

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Oct 1996 11:10:17 +0000

[this was previously posted to comp.windows.x.apps]

I've just built and installed fvwm-2.0.43 and see some odd symptoms.
The screen initially responds slowly.

    Refresh screen is tangibly slower

    Clicking in an XEmacs scrollbar may scroll twice or more

The strange thing is that if I switch to twm (using the fvwm menu) the
problem goes away.  Furthermore, when I go back to fvwm (using restart
from the twm menu) then the problem stays fixed.  Restarting fvwm by
itself is not adequate to fix the problem.  Subsequent restarts of
fvwm after twm stay fast.  Stopping and then starting fvwm makes it
slow again.

Fvwm is running under IRIX 6.2.  The (default) compile options include
-O2 and -32.  The X server is X11R4.  I'd previously been using fvwm
1.22f without this problem.
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].