Subject: Re: FVWM: *Major* dual-headed Fvwm nit killed!

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 18:02:02 -0400

>>>>> "MB" == Mark Boyns <[email-masked]> writes:

    MB> I just tried the patch and it only works a little better for
    MB> me.  It seems to only do the right thing when there are no
    MB> windows that accept focus on the second screen.  For example:

    MB> screen0: nothing screen1: xterm screen2: nothing

    MB> If I move the mouse out of the xterm on screen1 and onto
    MB> screen2, the xterm cursor is no longer solid and focus appears
    MB> to really be on screen2.  (I use sloppyfocus)

    MB> But, if the screens are like this:

    MB> screen0: nothing screen1: xterm screen2: xterm

    MB> When I move the mouse out of the xterm on screen1 and onto the
    MB> blank screen on screen2 (not touching the xterm on screen2),
    MB> focus is still in the xterm on screen1.

    MB> Anything else I can try?

I use MouseFocus, and just tried SloppyFocus.  Looks like some things
are getting in the way, and I'll have to look at it more closely.  The
question is, should SloppyFocus force the old window to retain focus
even when the cursor crosses a screen boundary?  I'm not sure and I
don't like SloppyFocus much.  I'd be interesting to hear what other
multi-headed users think, then I can try to debug the 2-screen
situation (although Mark or others will have to help with #screens >
2).

-Barry
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Brian E. Gallew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 08:46:36 -0400 (EDT)

> situation (although Mark or others will have to help with #screens >

I use SloppyFocus and prefer having a window retain focus even if I
accidentally wiggle the mouse onto te other display.

=====================================================================
| Please do not shoot at the thermonuclear weapons! -- Deacon       |
=====================================================================
| Finger [email-masked] for my public key.                     |
=====================================================================

---

From: Mark Boyns <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Oct 1996 13:47:47 -0700

> accidentally wiggle the mouse onto te other display.

I agree, but when this happens the window that has focus is no longer
highlighted.  Once the mouse moves to another screen the highlight
color is removed and isn't restored when the mouse is returned to that
window.