Subject: FVWM: problem with color_xterm using 2.0.42

From: Bryan Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 16:38:19 -0700

I havent seen any comments regarding using color_xterm.
I installed fvwm 2.0.42 and have had random problems with color_xterms.
It seems very strange.  Basically, color_xterms usually dont come up
when it execute one, and when they do, I can make them crash easily.

Is this problem known?  I thought I'd ask before sending all the
information.

Bryan Green

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rick Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 18:52:11 -0500

> Is this problem known?  I thought I'd ask before sending all the

I have been using fvwm 2.0.42 since mid-July. I have experienced no problems
with color_xterm (well, it doesn't like it when I resize; clear takes care of
it though).

Sorry to hear that you are having problems

Rick

-- 
Work:	[email-masked]
Home:	[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 09:58:55 +0100

On Thu, 03 Oct 1996 18:52:11 -0500
Rick Cook <[email-masked]> 
wrote concerning 'Re: FVWM: problem with color_xterm using 2.0.42 ':

> with color_xterm 

Ditto ... no WM related problems with color_xterm on fvwm-2.0.4[23],
Irix 6.2.

> (well, it doesn't like it when I resize; clear takes care of
> it though).

There seems to be a bug in color_xterm's handling of the default
SouthWest gravity. I bypassed it by changing to NorthWest using the
resource:
	XTerm*resizeGravity: NorthWest

Ric

Richard J. Lister, Research Assistant    
Neural Computing Research Group, Aston University
[email-masked] 
http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/~listerrj/