Subject: FVWM: Timing buglet left on 2.0.43

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 10:05:09 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all! 

   since we are near to a new beta and/or to a release, I want to 
remind a couple of buglets that I suffer with 2.0.43. The big problem is 
that all these bugs happens in no fixed way: sometime you see it, 
sometime no. Let me resume my setup (more info on demand):
- sloppyFocus for most windows, other windows ClickToFocus
- FvwmRaise 1500
- SmartPlacement, ActivePlacement
- OpaqueMoveSize 40 

System: Linux (redhat picasso, so quite new, kernel 2.0.20) on a 486/66
with 16M ram (so not amazingly fast machine).

Let go with the problems:

  1) sometimes when I want a new window from a menu (window with 
sloppyfocus) it appears _below_ the previous active window: it has 
focus but _not_ raise up automatically (well, I think that it should be 
foreground in the first time). Happens a lot with rxvt.
  
  2) sometimes when the pointer is in a transient window and the window
disappear, the ponter got converted to a big bold dot (aaargh! again!) 
and I have to click with mouse to resynchronize things.

  3) this is more reproducible: have a big new window and I have to place 
it on the desktop, so the frame appear. If I move quite rapidly the 
mouse, sometime the frame stops, and after a bit (less than a second) it 
jumps to reach again the mouse. 

I would like to help coding, but it's really far from my X expertize. But 
I can test patches... thank you very much!

Best regards,
              Romano

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].