Subject: FVWM: FVWM Circulate

From: Patrick Sansom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:48:27 +0100

Hi,

I cant seem to find anything about circulating windows in FVWM (2.xx)

The man page mentions CirculateSkip as a Style option but no CirculateUp
or circulate-up etc functions seem to work.

Is there a way to bind a key to circulate (a subset of) windows in FVWM?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Sansom
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Sep 1996 19:03:38 +0200

>>>>> Patrick Sansom writes:

  Patrick> The man page mentions CirculateSkip as a Style option but
  Patrick> no CirculateUp or circulate-up etc functions seem to work.

I guess that refers to the Prev and Next functions, now.  But I don't
really know.

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 20:02:55 +0200

>>>>> Kai Grossjohann writes:

K> I guess that refers to the Prev and Next functions, now.  But I don't
K> really know.

right, Prev/Next/None only find windows without the CirculateSkip style.

albrecht
-- 
A news reader I have used "WinVn" sometimes would say "busy, what a
bit", which meant try again in a little while.... :^)
					-- found in a newsgroup
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Patrick Sansom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:07:03 +0100

>>>>> Albrecht Kadlec writes:

P> The man page mentions CirculateSkip as a Style option but
P> no CirculateUp or circulate-up etc functions seem to work.

A> right, Prev/Next/None only find windows without the CirculateSkip style.

But, the Prev/Next functions don't seem to scroll round a list of windows.
Repeated use of Prev seems to jump back and foward --- it seems that the
prev is raised, but the current is not sent to the bottom. Hence the current
window becomes the previous window when Prev is applied again.

Patrick.