Subject: FVWM: looking for Xbiff

From: Jerome GOUT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 18:00:59 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everybody,

I'm tired to see my old poor xmailbox (an xbiff-like tool) and I
wonder if somebody knows (and uses) some pretty one.

I use the TaskBar module, Is it possible to insert some mini-icon or
mini-animation to show when a new mail arrives ? There is already the
time displayed, it can be fun to diplay a little mailbox flicking ...

Thanks in advance.

Jerome

-- 
  ._____. ._________________________________________________.
  | ._. | | ._____________________________________________. |
  | |_| |_|_|___.                                  _____  | |
  |___| |_____. |         Jerome Gout             | ._. | | |
  .___|_|_| |_| |   L.A.A.S - Robotique & IA  .___| |_|_|_| |
  | ._____| |___|    31077 Toulouse Cedex     | ._| |_______|
  | | | |_| |        E-mail : [email-masked]    | |_|_|_| |___.
  | | |_____|      http://www.laas.fr/~gout   |_______| |_. |
  | |_____________________________________________| | | |_| |
  |_________________________________________________| |_____|

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:51:06 -0400

Tkgoodstuff's Biff client doesn't do animations (check out "coolmail" for 
that), but does do multiple mailboxes (including MH and IMAP mailboxes), 
listing and reading new messages, different "alert levels" assigning different 
xpm icons to different mailboxes, all with GUI configuration.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~markcrim/tkgoodstuff

Tkgoodstuff (a button bar with a lot of extra functionality, some of it 
connected with fvwm) is just about finalized for a "major release" (a 
once-a-year sort of thing).  So comments are very welcome.

Mark

---

From: Thomas Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:22:14 +0200 (MET DST)

> time displayed, it can be fun to diplay a little mailbox flicking ...

I'm using xmailbox-2.4 (use archie to find it). It supports arbitrary
xpm's for full and empty mailboxes. Additionally has animation for
a full mailbox and can play a sound file on various platforms when
a mail arrives. I've got it running under Digital Unix 4.0 and
it says "You've got mail" when a mail arrives and the mailbox flashes.

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology, 
e-mail    : [email-masked]      Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send 
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------