Subject: Re: FVWM: window not autoraising

From: Guenther Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 12:32:09 +0200

Michael Hirsch wrote:
> 
> I like autoraise, and the app won't autoraise.  I've seen this also
> with a few nonstandard programs, like WABI programs and a few others
> written specifically for solaris, but every generic X program has
> always autoraised fine.

Hmm, I've had problems with WABI on Solaris with mwm and raising windows
in general, but I guess these were WABI related.

> I read in a fvwm FAQ a question like this, but the answer was
> basically "RTFM" without telling me which FM to R.  If someone could
> point me to the right FM I will R it.

Hmm, I hate to tell you, but the only thing I can point you to is UTSL
(use the source, Luke :-). Honestly, this sounds like a bug in fvwm,
which is not yet documented. If you have the time, please investige, if
not, hope that others will. Maybe you can provide a minimal X program
that exhibits the behaviour as a test case (not to me, I don't have time
at the moment to look into this :-(, to the developers.

  Guenther
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].