Subject: FVWM: title-bar patch

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 17:29:43 +0100

This is a bit of a frequently asked question, I'm sorry for the
repetition...a brief search didn't turn up the answer either.

What is the current status of the titlebar pixmap patch?
Where can I get it?

Thats it.

(I'm one of those sad people who like the cosmetic aspects of fvwm2,
vertical pixmaped titlebars, or better yet, the 'marbled' window
effect seen at http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/ are wonderful!)

Oh, almost forgot to include my customary plea for StartsOnPage...
:-)

-- 
David Kennedy, The Queen's University of Belfast.
" I come from a hungry family - my mother used to
  count us after every meal. " Bob Shaw
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Patrice Fortier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 18:45:21 +0200 (MET DST)

oops... I recieved the mails in the wrong order.
You can find the titlebar patches here:

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_title_picture.html

Lokh.

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 13:39:48 -0400

>>>>> "DK" == David Kennedy <[email-masked]> writes:

DK> This is a bit of a frequently asked question, I'm sorry for the
DK> repetition...a brief search didn't turn up the answer either.

DK> What is the current status of the titlebar pixmap patch?
DK> Where can I get it?

Andrew Veliath wrote that.  It's on his web page:

DK> Thats it.

DK> (I'm one of those sad people who like the cosmetic aspects of fvwm2,
DK> vertical pixmaped titlebars, or better yet, the 'marbled' window
DK> effect seen at http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/ are wonderful!)

Yeah, I may actually have to give in and add the title bar patch (or
something similiar) to fvwm proper, at least as a compile time option
(although I am loath to do those) with the volume of people raving
about the original patch & "Rasterman's" patches.

DK> Oh, almost forgot to include my customary plea for StartsOnPage...
DK> :-)

Duly noted, as always.  It *will* appear someday, but probably not
until after 2.1.0 (otherwise I'll never get it out, and it's taking
long enough as it is).

Chuck