Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager and Swallow

From: kendall shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 10:49:22 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to put the pager in a button. I've tried this:

*FvwmButtonsFore Black
*FvwmButtonsBack #c0c0c0
*FvwmButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtonsGeometry 1124x60-1-1
*FvwmButtonsRows 1

*FvwmButtons xclock  clock.xpm   Swallow "xclock" Exec xclock -bg \#c3c3c3 
	-geometry -1500-1500 -padding 0 &

# etc.

*FvwmButtons(2x1) - whatever SwallowModule "FvwmPager" FvwmPager 0 0

*FvwmPagerBack grey60
*FvwmPagerFore black
*FvwmPagerFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmPagerHilight #c0c0c0
*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 50
*FvwmPagerGeometry -1-1
*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Desktop
*FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x8

But the Pager is then giant. So, I made this change:

*FvwmPagerGeometry 120x58-1-1

Now the pager is almost in the right place, but it is not in a button.
It simply overlaps the location where the button would be.

What can I do?

kendall
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: kendall shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 11:19:49 -0700

Oh yeah, I'm using fvwm-2.0.43.

---

From: Guenther Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 21:11:00 +0200

> *FvwmPagerGeometry 120x58-1-1

You must not specify the offsets. Try

*FvwmPagerGeometry 120x58

X geometry works as follows:
(size in x direction)x(size in y direction)+/-(offset from right or left
border)+/-(offset from top or bottom)

The pager just happens to be in the correct place, because your buttons
also specify the same x/y offsets. Leaving the offsets out will
(hopefully :-) do the trick.

  Guenther