Subject: FVWM: TitleStyle Problems

From: Christopher Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 14:53:28 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to use the TitleStyle controls with
2.0.43, as follows:

TitleStyle ActiveUp (Pixmap /home/cwolf/Icons/paw.xpm)

This works fine, but if I try the example given in the
man page:

TitleStyle ActiveUp (Pixmap /home/cwolf/Icons/paw.xpm -- Bottom Left)

it fails!  No icon ever appears.  I also have an ActiveDown setting which works
(beacause I don't use the -- stuff).  No manner of options after the --
seems to get it to work.

Anyone know why?

-Wolf

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Hi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 17:13:48 -0400

>>>>> Regarding FVWM: TitleStyle Problems; Christopher Wolf
>>>>> <[email-masked]> adds:

    Chris> I'm trying to use the TitleStyle controls with 2.0.43, as
    Chris> follows:
    Chris> TitleStyle ActiveUp (Pixmap /home/cwolf/Icons/paw.xpm)
    Chris> This works fine, but if I try the example given in the man
    Chris> page:
    Chris> TitleStyle ActiveUp (Pixmap /home/cwolf/Icons/paw.xpm --
    Chris> Bottom Left)

    Chris> it fails!  No icon ever appears.  I also have an ActiveDown
    Chris> setting which works (beacause I don't use the -- stuff).
    Chris> No manner of options after the -- seems to get it to work.
    Chris> Anyone know why?

I'll look into this when I get a chance.  Are you using tbp4?

I'd prefer that questions regarding the patch are emailed to me
direclty since it is not part of Fvwm.

Thanks,
Andrew

---

From: Hi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 18:49:11 -0400

>>>>> <[email-masked]> adds:

    Christopher> ActiveDown setting which works (beacause I don't use
    Christopher> the -- stuff).  No manner of options after the --
    Christopher> seems to get it to work.

    Christopher> Anyone know why?

Okay Chris, 

Hmm... I said I thought this shouldn't be discussed on the list but
just to followup the last message here is a fix :).  Until I get time
to make a new patch, please check it out (I'm pretty certain this
fixes it, it was a pretty dumb on my part).

Thanks for noting this problem.

-- 
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--

diff -cr orig/fvwm-2.0.43.tbp4/fvwm/borders.c fvwm/fvwm/borders.c
*** orig/fvwm-2.0.43.tbp4/fvwm/borders.c	Wed Sep 11 18:39:32 1996
--- fvwm/fvwm/borders.c	Wed Sep 11 18:38:55 1996
***************
*** 513,519 ****
      ButtonFace bf;
  
      /* inactive = 0, active up = 1, active down = 2 */
!     switch ((bf.style = Scr.TitleStyle.face[state].style))
      {
      case SolidButton:
      case FullSolidButton:
--- 513,519 ----
      ButtonFace bf;
  
      /* inactive = 0, active up = 1, active down = 2 */
!     switch ((bf.style = Scr.TitleStyle.face[state].style) & ButtonFaceTypeMask)
      {
      case SolidButton:
      case FullSolidButton: