Subject: FVWM: Placement of buttons on title bar .. (?)

From: Kjetil Klonteig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:15:34 +0200

I have defined a 'destroy' button (X) like in Windows95, -now, that is
fine, but i cannot seem to place it in the rightmost corner of the window
(like in W95)? -It pops up as button #3 (from left) no matter what i try!
-and the man pages fail to enlighten me...

Could someone here tell me what to do?

| Kjetil Klonteig - +47-92266974
| Email-1: [email-masked]
| Email-2: [email-masked]
| WWW: http://login.eunet.no/~kjetilkl/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "William E. Roadcap" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:41:15 -0400 (EDT)

> -and the man pages fail to enlighten me...

The button must be the LOWEST even numbered button.  BTW, it's IS in the
man page. 

....................................
. 1 3                        6 4 2 .
.----------------------------------.
.                                  .  
.                                  .
.                                  .
....................................

Try:

# Nested Right Angles (looks nice)
ButtonStyle 1 14 0x0@1 0x20@1 20x20@0 20x0@0 0x0@1 0x25@1 25x25@1 25x0@1
55x0@1
55x55@0 0x55@0 0x60@1 60x60@1 60x0@1

# 3 Horizontal bars (sticky)  Fixed original ugly version of this.
ButtonStyle 3 12 05x25@0 90x25@0 90x28@0 05x28@1 05x47@2 90x47@0 90x52@0
05x52@1 05x66@2 90x66@0 90x70@0 05x70@1

# Large down Triangle
ButtonStyle 6 4 50x75@1 25x25@1 75x25@1 50x75@0

# Expanding Windows (iconify -- looks NICE)
ButtonStyle 4 16 60x40@1 60x80@0 15x80@0 15x40@1 60x40@1 40x40@1 40x25@1
75x25@1 75x60@0 60x60@0 75x60@0 75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1 60x25@1

# Stylized X
ButtonStyle 2 16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0 60x50@0
80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1

__
William E. Roadcap                            mailto:[email-masked]
TITUS Software                                   ftp://titus.cfw.com/pub
Waynesboro, Va (USA)                            http://www.cfw.com/~roadcapw