Subject: FVWM: TaskBar question

From: Jerome GOUT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:46:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I use Fvwm95-2 with FvwmTaskBar, I saw that this module could check
the new mails. But it doesn't work ...

Why ???

I've put the following lines in my .fvwm2rc95 :

*FvwmTaskBarUpdateInterval 10
*FvwmTaskBarBellVolume 20
*FvwmTaskBarMailBox /var/mail/gout 
*FvwmTaskBarMailCommand Exec color_xterm -T Mail -ls -fn 8x13 -e pine -i

But nothing appends ...

Have somebody any advices for this ??

Thanks a lot in advance

Jerome

-- 
  ._____. ._________________________________________________.
  | ._. | | ._____________________________________________. |
  | |_| |_|_|___.                                  _____  | |
  |___| |_____. |         Jerome Gout             | ._. | | |
  .___|_|_| |_| |   L.A.A.S - Robotique & IA  .___| |_|_|_| |
  | ._____| |___|    31077 Toulouse Cedex     | ._| |_______|
  | | | |_| |        E-mail : [email-masked]    | |_|_|_| |___.
  | | |_____|      http://www.laas.fr/~gout   |_______| |_. |
  | |_____________________________________________| | | |_| |
  |_________________________________________________| |_____|

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 07:34:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Have somebody any advices for this ??

I figured out the problem, and provided a patch to the author (using
the mailto link on the FVWM-95 home page).  However, the email bounced
and I figured that since this mailing list isn't really about fvwm95,
I didn't post it here.

Quick answer:  Set your MAIL environment variable to the mailbox you
want it to check.  The '*FvwmTaskBarMailBox' parameter is NOT
correctly parsed due to a problem in the code.  If you'd prefer,
send email to me and I'll send you the patch.

This is my only comment on this mailing list about fvwm95 and its task
bar module.  I apologize to everybody else in this group in advance
about the slight stray from the main topic.  (Keep up the good work on
fvwm2, Chuck!)

-- 
--------------------- http://www.tiac.net/users/lar3ry/ ----------------------
(void) lar3ry();                                            [email-masked]

---- "I'll only enjoy being a manager when they port gdb to debug humans" ----