Subject: FVWM: setting colors problem

From: Bruno Scap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:48:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have 1.x fvwm, and I have problems with setting up colors for
non-selected windows. I know it should be StdForeColor and StdBackColor,
but it doesn't work. HiFOreColor and HiBackColor work, and others, but
whatever I do, Std*Color doesnt change (its blue). I'm wondering if anyone
can tell me where is it comming from? Some default file I don't know
about? I have .fvwmrc in my dir, and I got rid of system.fvwmrc file. I
also have .xinitrc, .Xdefaults and so on. What am I missing? I have
XF86_S3G server.
Thanks.

Bruno

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Rissanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:46:01 +0200

> also have .xinitrc, .Xdefaults and so on. What am I missing? I have

Yes. I had the same problem. It turned out to be a "style" definition in the 
.fvwmrc that overrode the Std*Color settings. Look for I line like

Style "*" BorderWidth 5, HandleWidth 5, Color Black/#60a0c0,Icon unknown1.xpm
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
-- 
http://www.mn.medstroms.se/~d5dos/
I am sorry for my bad English (eller svenska).