Subject: FVWM: Placement bug in 1.24r

From: Jean Orloff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:42:24 +0200

Hi,

I installed fvwm, version 1.24r here and we are quite happy with it. Now that
we got used to it, we noticed a little bug.

When asking the user where to place a new window, there is an ungraceful
timeout of about 5 mins, after which fvwm would simply exit, killing all open
applications. This is unconvenient for certain netscape like applications which
pops out a new window after a long random loading time. If you let your
terminal unattended, you find it off when you come back.

A workaround would be to turn RandomPlacement on, but this would be a bit of a
pity...

I would like to know if this is fixed in version 2.xx (latest), in which case I
would simply install it. Please cc answer to my address, as I am not
subscribed.

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+++++++++	+	+	+	+	+	+	+	++++++
+Tel:(33)50.09.16.75   Fax:(33)50.09.94.95  http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/ +
+++++++++	+	+	+	+	+	+	+	++++++
"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished."
True accident report, from the Toronto News on July 26, 1977.
+++++++++	+	+	+	+	+	+	+	++++++
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].