Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons, is it just me?

From: mister e <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 05:43:53 -0500 (EST)

I've tried to expand Bob Minowicz's CDE enviroment that he posted for the
RedHat Desktop Contest, but I have this annoying problem with adding another
icon to FvwmButtons. 
Basically what I did was to expand the left container from 4x3 to 5x3 to
include another icon, the 5th one. But that doesn't work, icons get pushed
over, etc.... But when I set it to 5x4 the icons fit fine, but the icons are
vertically too small, and you get a little annoying extra at the bottom.
Anyways, I'm including my FvwmButtons config file, take a look at it, see if
I'm doing something stupid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*FvwmButtonsFore TOOLSFOREGROUND
*FvwmButtonsBack TOOLSBACKGROUND
*FvwmButtonsFont WORKSPACESFONT
*FvwmButtonsGeometry +200+940
*FvwmButtonsRows 1
*FvwmButtonsFrame 2
*FvwmButtonsPadding 0 0

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 5,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu Shells
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu Editors
*FvwmButtons - -                        Nop
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu DeskTools
*FvwmButtons - -                        Nop
*FvwmButtons(5x4,Container(Rows 1,Frame 2,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITETERMICON,	Action `FAVORITETERMTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEEDITICON,	Action `FAVORITEEDITTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEMAILICON,	Action `FAVORITEMAILTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITENEWSICON,	Action `FAVORITENEWSTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEWWWBICON,	Action `FAVORITEWWWBTOOL`)
########## ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ here is the problem
*FvwmButtons(End)
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 4,Frame 0,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons - screenlock.xpm   SCREENSAVERCOMMAND
*FvwmButtons(2x1) - -           Nop
*FvwmButtons - exit.xpm         quit
*FvwmButtons(4x3,Container(Rows 1,Frame 0,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons(Swallow XClock `Exec xclock -bg TOOLSBACKGROUND -fg
TOOLSFOREGROUND -hd TOOLSFOREGROUND -geometry -1500-1500`)
*FvwmButtons(2x1,Container(Columns 1,Frame -1,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons(Swallow "FvwmPager" "FvwmPager 0 3")
*FvwmButtons(End)
*FvwmButtons - trash_panel.xpm  Function RecallFunction trash
*FvwmButtons(End)
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 4,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu FileManager
*FvwmButtons - -                        Nop
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu Printers
*FvwmButtons - subpanel.xpm             Menu Manuals
*FvwmButtons(4x3,Container(Rows 1,Frame 2,Padding 0 0))
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEFILEICON,	Action `FAVORITEFILETOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEPREFICON,	Action `FAVORITEPREFTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEDEVCICON,	Action `FAVORITEDEVCTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon FAVORITEHELPICON,	Action `FAVORITEHELPTOOL`)
*FvwmButtons(End)
*FvwmButtons(End)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, btw: the fifth icon I added was Netscape and when I click on it, it doesn't
raise back up. It's the only icon that does that..

Thanks alot..

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].