Subject: FVWM: WindowFrame Pixmaps

From: [email-masked] (Martin Cartwright)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:23:59 +0100

=>From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>

=>Dare you try it, you need to apply my tbp5 patch and then this one (in
=>that order).

Righto. Have done. After finding that you have to put the whole path for the
pixmaps even when pixmap path is specified I now have really groovy window
frames. Thank you very much! Nice One! and Good Work Fella! etc etc etc.

Now in a good impression of never being satisfied.. How about completing 
the look with textured menus and textured bacckgrounds for FvwmButtons and
possibly icons???

Go on... You know you want to really...  ;)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Patrice Fortier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:22:55 +0200 (MET DST)

> frames. Thank you very much! Nice One! and Good Work Fella! etc etc etc.

Strange. I've tested the patch at noon and had not such a problem.
Is your PixmapPath like this?
PixmapPath /.../pixmaps/:/.../pixmaps2/
                       ^^^

> the look with textured menus and textured bacckgrounds for FvwmButtons and

FvwmButtons is maintained by Jarl:
http://www.fm.unit.no/~jatotal/fvwm.html
I'm waiting for the FvwmButtons background too... I read that Jarl's
made the changes 6 months ago but broke his hard disk. I had no news
since then :(.

Icons???
What do you want to do with icons????

Lokh.

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:23:28 -0400

>>>>> Regarding FVWM: WindowFrame Pixmaps;
>>>>> [email-masked] (Martin Cartwright) adds:

    Martin> =>From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]> =>Dare you try it,
    Martin> you need to apply my tbp5 patch and then this one (in
    Martin> =>that order).

    Martin> Righto. Have done. After finding that you have to put the
    Martin> whole path for the pixmaps even when pixmap path is
    Martin> specified I now have really groovy window frames. Thank
    Martin> you very much! Nice One! and Good Work Fella! etc etc etc.

    Martin> Now in a good impression of never being satisfied.. How
    Martin> about completing the look with textured menus and textured
    Martin> bacckgrounds for FvwmButtons and possibly icons???

Good to hear it seems to work there.  I am not sure why you need the
entire path there, as it is working here with pixmap path. 

Well, as for new features, I just put a *new* patch on the page which
also allows one to turn off the resizing handles (down side is that
the texture maps don't smoothly connect).  Selectively too, since it
is just a flag for each ActiveUp, ActiveDown or Inactive, i.e., to
turn the flag on even after you've configured the pixmap, say you
might:

Check out

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_title_picture.html#patches

for the new patch (tbp5b) and a small pic.

Whew... :)

Enjoy,
Andy

-- 
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 08:45 EDT

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Cartwright <[email-masked]> writes:

    Martin> =>From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
    
    Martin> Righto. Have done. After finding that you have to put the 
    Martin> whole path for the
    Martin> pixmaps even when pixmap path is specified I now have
    Martin> really groovy window frames. 

I have noticed this requirement, also, but have always considered it a
bug that was so obvious, there was no need to mention it. Since you
mention it, I'd like to add that this really should be fixed one day
(Or at least documented somewhere :)

-- 
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Securicor Telesciences Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].