Subject: FVWM: FVWM-2 menu bar Pixmap problem

From: "Michael S. Wellman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 22:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

This is my first posting to the list (I've never used one before)
so I hope I'm doing it right.

I'm using FVWM-2 (I don't know what version though, how do you do
 that?) and I can't seem to get a pixmap to come up on Button 3 
of the menu bar.  I can only get a blank rectangle (the regular
style of button definition works fine).  The pixmap path is set
correctly. The command looks like:

ButtonStyle 3 Pixmap mini-ball.xpm mini-bball.xpm

Any ideas?

Pixmaps work in my Popups no problem.
----------------------------------
E-Mail: Michael S. Wellman <[email-masked]>
Date: 09/06/96
Time: 22:00:53

This message was sent by XF-Mail
----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Guenther Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 21:52:32 +0200

> so I hope I'm doing it right.

Hmm, I got your mail twice now, so there is some improvement possible,
but I guess the basics worked out well :-)

>  that?) and I can't seem to get a pixmap to come up on Button 3

There comes some excellent, hmm, ok there comes some documentation with
fvwm-2, which you might want to read. The manpages tell you a lot about
commandline arguments, e.g. searching the man page fvwm2 for version
yields:

     -version
          Print the version of fvwm to stderr.

thus fvwm -version will get you the version number :-)

> ButtonStyle 3 Pixmap mini-ball.xpm mini-bball.xpm

A good idea might be, to look at other people's fvwm2rc. There is an
archive somewhere that contains some:

# Apparantly, you can retrieve sample .fvwmrc's from 
#       ftp://ftp.best.com/pub/tdgilman/Fvwmrcs

is in the first lines of my fvwmrc.

If you see how it works for other people, it might be easier for you to
figure out how to do it for your configuration.
That's how I did it.

  Guenther