Subject: FVWM: Fvwm2/SunOs install w/o root privelage

From: Kevin Werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 21:23:47 -0400

I'm trying to install Fvwm2 onto a Sparc running SunOs 4.1.3
without root privelage.  I read through the faq and mailing
list archive, but still couldn't get it to work.

I think my biggest problem is a lack of understanding of xmkmf
and imake.  I've been reading the man's, still no luck.

Below is the response I get.  I couldn't find the "depend" target
anywhere (imake.tmpl, Imakefile, etc...).  Do I need a certain
rev of X (X11R6?)?  How can I check to see what my current rev 
is?  For some reason, the X lib's and includes aren't in the
"usual" places on my system.  But, I think I got that part 
straightened out.

Anyway, any solutions/tips/clues would greatly be appreciated.
Please send me an email to [email-masked].  I'm
not subscribed to the list currently, because I'm using fvwm1;
most of the discussion seems to be about fvwm2.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

 > MakeMakefiles 
FVWMSRCDIR is /home/ws023eng1/kwerner/fvwm-2.0.43
Making top-level Makefile
mv Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled /usr/openwin/lib/config
done
Making Makefile in libs
usage:  /usr/openwin/bin/xmkmf [top_of_sources_pathname
[current_directory]]
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `depend'
done
Making Makefile in fvwm
usage:  /usr/openwin/bin/xmkmf [top_of_sources_pathname
[current_directory]]
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `depend'
done

-- 

       Kevin Werner              http://www.holli.com/~kwerner 
  mailto:[email-masked]       http://www.holli.com/~xeno
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].