Subject: FVWM: hook into fvwm restart?

From: Mark Lehrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 11:41:42 -0400

i am interested in adding the ability to restart the window
manager from an administration tool that i'm working on.

is it possible to hook into that function?  i am not too
familiar with the actual fvwm code, but if it is reasonable
to do this, i'll learn whatever i need to.

thanks!
mark
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:45:17 -0400

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Lehrer <[email-masked]> writes:

Mark> i am interested in adding the ability to restart the window
Mark> manager from an administration tool that i'm working on.

Mark> is it possible to hook into that function?  i am not too
Mark> familiar with the actual fvwm code, but if it is reasonable
Mark> to do this, i'll learn whatever i need to.

Currently sending a SIGUSR1 to fvwm (version 1.xx or 2.xx) will cause
it to restart.  That's probably your best bet.

Chuck

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 19:27:38 +0200

>>>>> Mark Lehrer writes:

M> i am interested in adding the ability to restart the window
M> manager from an administration tool that i'm working on.

M> is it possible to hook into that function?  i am not too
M> familiar with the actual fvwm code, but if it is reasonable
M> to do this, i'll learn whatever i need to.

you should be able to use FvwmPipe by [email-masked]

echo "Restart" >~/.fvwmpipe.in

or sth. like that.
FvwmPipe will be in the 2.1 extras directory, as chuck said.

or try 
ftp://fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/pub/People/Ettrich/FvwmPipe.tgz

M> thanks!
M> mark
-- 
Strangers passing in the street		|  And no one calls us to the land
By chance two separate glances meet	|  And no one crosses there alive
And I am you and what I see is me	|  And no one speaks
And do I take you by the hand		|  And no one tries
And lead you through the land		|  And no one flies around the sun
And help me understand the best I can			-- Pink Floyd, "Echoes"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].