Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar compile problems. Help me! :)

From: TeeJay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:43:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

A few hours ago I first read about the TaskBar module and, of course,
wanted to try it. But somehow, I'm not able to compile it. Here's what I
get when I do "teejay@Ferrenzo:~/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmTaskBar$ make":

******
gcc -O2 -m486 -ansi    -I. -I../..//libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -Dlinux
-D__i386__ -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DX_LOCALE
-DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO  -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DMINI_ICONS -DXPM
-c FvwmTaskBar.c -o FvwmTaskBar.o
FvwmTaskBar.c: In function `main':
FvwmTaskBar.c:198: `M_MINI_ICON' undeclared (first use this function)
FvwmTaskBar.c:198: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
FvwmTaskBar.c:198: for each function it appears in.)
FvwmTaskBar.c: In function `ProcessMessage':
FvwmTaskBar.c:366: `M_MINI_ICON' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [FvwmTaskBar.o] Error 1
******

It doesn't matter if I start if from the source-root or from the
FvwmTaskBar-directory. I've tried several things, with and without
titlebar patches, with and without mini-icon patch etc. Also it didn't
really matter if I did "xmkmf;make Makefiles" of "MakeMakefiles".

Most of the times I did the following:

teejay@Ferrenzo:~$ tar -zxf fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz
teejay@Ferrenzo:~$ cd fvwm-2.0.43/modules/
teejay@Ferrenzo:~/fvwm-2.0.43/modules$ tar -zxf 
   /home/teejay/FvwmTaskBar.don2.tgz
teejay@Ferrenzo:~/fvwm-2.0.43/modules$ cd
teejay@Ferrenzo:~$ patch -p0 < fvwm-2.0.43.mini-icon.diff
   (Renamed the mailed patch... BTW: This one gives the following errors:
   14 out of 20 hunks failed--saving rejects to
   fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIconMan/xmanager.c.rej)
teejay@Ferrenzo:~$ cd fvwm-2.0.43/
teejay@Ferrenzo:~/fvwm-2.0.43$ xmkmf;make Makefiles

After that "make". Everything goes well, except for the TaskBar-module.

Is there something I'm missing here? I've read the README in the TaskBar
dir, maybe there're other docs? Any help will be appreciated! :)

BTW: Before I forget it, I'm running Linux 2.0.21 and have never had
problems compiling fvwm2 before. Really! ;)

TeeJay signing off:
                                 Tupac Shakur!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Don Mahurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:50:56 -0400

> make: *** [FvwmTaskBar.o] Error 1

After the MiniIcon Patch, and adding #define MINI_ICONS to fvwm.tmpl,
make sure you MakeMakefiles and remake everything.

It worked fine for me.

Don Mahurin
[email-masked]

---

From: Don Mahurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:44:38 -0400

> problems compiling fvwm2 before. Really! ;)

You have to apply Bradys MiniIcon Patch.
And Put #define MINI_ICONS in your fvwm.tmpl

I didnt bother #ifdefing all the MINI_ICON references. 
Maybe I could do that.

Don Mahurin
[email-masked]

---

From: Don Mahurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 07:07:33 -0400

I put another #ifdef MINI_ICONS in the code, and in the default Makefile
there has no -DMINI_ICONS.

Works fine.

http://www.donet.com/pub/FvwmTaskBar.don2.tgz

Don Mahurin
[email-masked]