Subject: FVWM: configuration question

From: "Andy J. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 12:57:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi, I currently use SloppyFocus for almost all windows, but I'd like it so
that if I click (button 0) anywhere in a window (not just the frame, I
mean anywhere within the confines of the window) it will be raised.

At the moment, if I move into a window it won't raise even though it has
focus.  I have to move the mouse to the frame or titlebar and click to
raise it, which can be annoying if most of the title bar is covered or if
it is a large window.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Andy J. Smith            http://sol.soc.staffs.ac.uk/cm4bcajs

Nortel Technology                ESN:  742 2675
London Road, Harlow              Tel:  +44 (0)1279 402675
Essex. CM17 9NA.                 Fax:  +44 (0)1279 451866
England                        Email:  [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Balaji R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 17:48:19 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hi,

. Hi, I currently use SloppyFocus for almost all windows, but I'd like it so
. that if I click (button 0) anywhere in a window (not just the frame, I
. mean anywhere within the confines of the window) it will be raised.

You can get it by adding this line to your configuration file.

Mouse 1         WTFS       A       Raise

But only problem is that you lose the ability to cut and paste in xterm.

. At the moment, if I move into a window it won't raise even though it has
. focus.  I have to move the mouse to the frame or titlebar and click to
. raise it, which can be annoying if most of the title bar is covered or if
. it is a large window.
. 

A better solution to your problem is to map one of your keys (I use the
Front "L5" key) to raise the window.

Balaji R

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.
		-- R. Clopton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  __           __     /  ESN   : 872-8903
 / _)_ /_ ''  /__)   /  Phone : 553-9117 X2609
/__)(/((///  / \    /  Email: [email-masked]
       _/          /  WWW : http://enterprise:8000/~balajir/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~