Subject: FVWM: Problems with "Style Icon"

From: "Kevin Oberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96 09:10:29 -0700

FVWM 2.0.43
SunOS 4.1.3 on Sparc 1

I am trying to select the bitmaps to use for the icons for several
windows. The man page for fvwm2 says that when selecting the
appropriate icon (based on the "Style windowname"), the windowname is
matched with name, class, or resource string with 'name' getting
preference, followed by class.

My .fvwm2rc contains: Style "*Weather*"       Icon weather.xbm

The application is run in an xterm, but the window is renamed "LLNL
Weather Report" and the Ident module confirms that this is the
window's name. None the less, the icon used is the one for general
xterms, not the one for weather.

Is this a bug or am I mis-understanding something?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
Ernest O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
E-mail: [email-masked]			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].