Subject: FVWM: Problem resizeing windows with fvwm-2.0.42 and fvwm95-2.0.42a

From: Trifunovski Vineto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 00:18:13 +0200

I am running fvwm95 v 2.042a (previously I run fvwm 2.0.42 which had
same fault) under Solaris 2.5 and I have a litle problem with
resizing windows. When I try to resize a window by grabbing one of the
corners the wondow suddenly gets verically enlarged. It gets around
4-5 screens high.

The strange behaviour seems more frequent for Motif and Athena 
applications than for Xview application.

Has anyone else had such problem ?
Does anybody know how to go around the problem (it's irritating)?

/Vineto
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 08:55:18 -0400

>>>>> "TV" == Trifunovski Vineto <[email-masked]> writes:

TV> I am running fvwm95 v 2.042a (previously I run fvwm 2.0.42 which had
TV> same fault) under Solaris 2.5 and I have a litle problem with
TV> resizing windows. When I try to resize a window by grabbing one of the
TV> corners the wondow suddenly gets verically enlarged. It gets around
TV> 4-5 screens high.

TV> The strange behaviour seems more frequent for Motif and Athena
TV> applications than for Xview application.

TV> Has anyone else had such problem ?
TV> Does anybody know how to go around the problem (it's irritating)?

Normally I ignore fvwm95 questions on this list, but since this was a
problem in fvwm itself, I'll tell you that was a known problem and it
was fixed in fvwm 2.0.43.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].