Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm doesn't do color

From: "Trebor A. Rude" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 96 18:14:26

FvwmForm seems to ignore colors.  I tried both lines of the form 
"*QuitVerifyBack blue" and "*QuitVerifyBack #0000ff" and neither 
work.  Ditto for the foreground color and item colors.  I use 
the line "Module FvwmForm QuitVerify" to launch it.  I'm using
fvwm-2.0.43 and X11R6-3.1.2E.  Any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to get fvwm2 to re-read the .fvwm2rc file
without restarting?  Any changes I make to FvwmForm lines don't
take effect until after a restart.  It's annoying to have to
restart just to look at a new layout.

-------------------------------------
Name: Trebor A. Rude
E-mail: [email-masked]
Date: 8/17/96
Time: 6:14:26 PM
-------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 20:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

> fvwm-2.0.43 and X11R6-3.1.2E.  Any suggestions?

Are you running X at >256 colors? When I run at 256 colors, it displays
stuff in color. At 16bpp, it displays all in black and white.

-- 
#!/usr/bin/perl -i\$q='$q',\$p='$p';eval\$q.\$\^I#\n"#    [email-masked]
$q='print"$p$^I\n',$p='#!/usr/bin/perl -i';eval$q.$^I#        Joey Hess
      "How appropriate, you fight like a cow." - - Guybrush Threepwood

---

From: "Justin J. Ashworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 18:33:17 +0000 ()

>stuff in color. At 16bpp, it displays all in black and white.

  Happens to me too...must be a bug.

----------
Justin Ashworth
[email-masked]

---

From: Benoit Champagne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:23:07 -0400

===>Trebor A Rude writes:

    Trebor> FvwmForm seems to ignore colors.  I tried both lines of the form
    Trebor> "*QuitVerifyBack blue" and "*QuitVerifyBack #0000ff" and neither
    Trebor> work.  Ditto for the foreground color and item colors.  I use the
    Trebor> line "Module FvwmForm QuitVerify" to launch it.  I'm using
    Trebor> fvwm-2.0.43 and X11R6-3.1.2E.  Any suggestions?

I had the same problem.  Do you have netscape running?  Or any other apps that
could take many colors?  Seems that when an app is taking to much color from
the color map, FvwmForm don't display them anymore.  As soon as I closed my
netscape window FvwmForm worked fine.

Does anybody know the reason?  A fix?  Meanwhile, I live with it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 			  COMPUTER ASSOCIATES                        CCCC
                  Unicenter TNG: The Next Generation               CC  
			  DESPITE EVERYTHING !                    CC   AA
Benoit Champagne  ift.a	           Main Line : (514) 978-4899     CC  AAA
Tel  : (514) 978-4913		     3090 Boul. Le Carrefour      CC AA A
FAX  : (514) 978-4909                      Suite 300               CAACCC
Email: [email-masked]		           Laval, PQ               AA   A
PLAN : Live Long And Prosper		    H7T 2J7               AA    A 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].