Subject: FVWM: Buttons

From: Todd DeFrane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:44:36 -0700

I'm new users here using 1.2 FVWM (cuz I feer upgrade cuz I'm so new  :)
)...For the life of me I cannot get any buttons up on the screen...I am
using the basic Slackware distribution set...I'm newbie, so be simple..I
have read all faqs possible, and they were to no help...I've tried just
using fvwmbuttons, but still nothing...MUST I use it on conjuncion with the
other one, Goodstuff...Thank you very much...
 + - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - +
 | Todd DeFrane 	  AZLink Internet Services, Inc. |
 | [email-masked]        	  2990 E. Northern #E101 |
 | http://www.azlink.com/~bigguy       Phoenix, AZ 85028 |
 | Voice: (602)404-7300            http://www.azlink.com |
 | Fax: (602)404-7303      Need Help? [email-masked] |
 + - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - +

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 08:40:23 -0400

>>>>> "Todd" == Todd DeFrane <[email-masked]> writes:

Todd> I'm new users here using 1.2 FVWM (cuz I feer upgrade cuz I'm so
Todd> new :) )...For the life of me I cannot get any buttons up on the
Todd> screen...I am using the basic Slackware distribution set...I'm
Todd> newbie, so be simple..I have read all faqs possible, and they
Todd> were to no help...I've tried just using fvwmbuttons, but still
Todd> nothing...MUST I use it on conjuncion with the other one,
Todd> Goodstuff...Thank you very much...

Yes - GoodStuff is the button bar in 1.xx.  Try something like the
following in your .fvwmrc file:

######################################################################
Function "InitFunction"
  Module "I" FvwmBanner
  Module "I" GoodStuff
EndFunction

*GoodStuffFore Black
*GoodStuffBack dimgrey
*GoodStuffFont fixed
*GoodStuffGeometry -1-125
*GoodStuffRows 1
*GoodStuff -  clock.xpm   Swallow "xclock" xclock -bg \#908090 -geometry -1500-1500 -padding 0 -bw 0
*GoodStuff Xeyes  untitled.xpm Swallow "xeyes" xeyes -bg \#908090 -geometry -1500-1500
*GoodStuff -  load.xpm   Swallow "xload" xload -bg \#908090 -geometry -1500-1500 -fn 5x8 -label xload -update 1
*GoodStuff -  mail.xpm   Swallow "xbiff" xbiff -bg \#908090
*GoodStuff XTerms xterm.xpm Popup "XtermMenu"
*GoodStuff WinOps 3D_Menu15.xpm Popup "Window Ops"
*GoodStuff Paging  clamp.xpm   TogglePage
*GoodStuff(2x1) - whatever SwallowModule "Fvwm Pager" FvwmPager 0 1
######################################################################

You can find pointers to other 1.xx examples on some of the WWW pages
pointed to from the official FVWM homepage:

                     http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].