Subject: FVWM: Customization of the FvwmTaskBar

From: [email-masked] (Kees de Bruin)
Date: 21 Aug 1996 14:23:09 +0200

Hello Fvwm(95) users,

When I use fvwm 1.x or 2.x I can configure fvwm so that I only see the
sticky icons and the icons for the windows on a specific desktop. However,
the FvwmTaskBar module wants to show the active ans iconized windows of all
desktops. Is there a configuration setting to let the TaskBar just show the
windows related to the current desktop (and all sticky windows).

kind regards,

Kees de Bruin

-- 
 _      _ _
| | ___| | |_   Kees de Bruin              mailto: [email-masked]
| |/ / _ | _ \
|_|\_\___|___/  TASKING SOFTWARE bv, The Netherlands, tel. +31-33-455 85 84

To be is to be vulnerable                                  -Norman O. Brown
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Don Mahurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 09:36:02 -0400

> windows related to the current desktop (and all sticky windows).

I dont think the TaskBar does this.  But the latest FvwmWinList(blame
me) in Fvwm95 does what you are asking. Set the
FvwmWinListShowCurrentDesk option.  FvwmWinList also has the MiniTitle
Icons and Highlights according to Focused window, like TaskBar.

I would Summit it to Fvwm2 also, but there is no #define FVWM95  for
ifdefs to wrap around the MiniTitle Icon stuff.
Or is there ? Hector?

Don Mahurin
[email-masked]

---

From: "Balaji R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:57:53 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hello Bruin,

In fact I too was looking for such an option in the FvwmTaskBar.  Since I 
did not see any such option and I wanted one, I hacked at the code.  As 
of now, I am the only person testing the new version of the TaskBar.  If 
you are interested in it, I can send the code to you.  But as of yet I 
have not done it for sticky windows, though it is just a very small code 
change.  Also, I would like to make this version available to everyone.

Regards,
Balaji

> windows related to the current desktop (and all sticky windows).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  __           __     /  ESN   : 872-8903
 / _)_ /_ ''  /__)   /  Phone : 553-9117 X2609
/__)(/((///  / \    /  Email: [email-masked]
       _/          /  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~