Subject: FVWM: FVWM (2.0.43) Colormap problems

From: Kirk Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:56:36 -0400

I'm having problems running "the GIMP" under FVWM because of
the changing colormap between windows. I'm hoping someone has
a suggestion.

"the GIMP" is a "General Image Manipulation Program". It has a
initial user-interface window that takes up just a few colors
(some grays, black, white).  The main image window kicked off
by this user-interface though, has unlimited colors allocated
based on the image (gif/jpeg) image you're looking at.

Unfortnately the two colormaps are now the same ??????????
So when my mouse is in the image window and I popup a menu
from the user-interface, I can't even read it because its colormap
is different.

Does anybody run "the GIMP" successfully ?

Is there anyway to associate colormaps between two different 
windows associated with the same application ?

Things seem to run much better under TWM (as a test case).

Kirk Anderson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].