Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons bug (and workaround :-)

From: Guenther Grau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 00:22:36 +0200

Hi,

I've just spent about 6 hours to find a bug in FvwmButtons,  and I
thought I just let you know, because one might have the same problem and
not have the time nor the devotion to really find out why the hell it
doesn't work as described:-)

The bug happens when swallowing other windows like that:

*FvwmButtons - whatever Swallow "XLoad" Exec xload -nolabel &
*FvwmButtons - whatever Swallow "XClock" Exec xclock&

What happened to me was, it executed and swallowed xload just fine,
executed xclock fine as well, but didn't swallow it. This was just
because I had another copy of xclock running. Thus, whenever you have a
copy of the program you want to swallow running, it won't swallow it.

This is on Solaris 2.5, 2.4, 2.3. I haven't tried SunOS yet. The window
manager was fvwm-2.0.43.

Hope that helps someone. Currently I don't have the time to look deeper
into the src to find the bug myself because I have some real work to do.
Maybe in a couple of month, but I guess/hope someone will have fixed it
by then.

  Guenther
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].