Subject: FVWM: Bug?

From: "ÈOSTHOLS ERIK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:57:39 +0000

--- Inkommet från COR.CMHKEO  08-7266746            96-08-06 14.57
  -> DDA:RFC-822=fvwm(a)hpc.uh.edu; P=INTERNET; A=SIL; C=SE

I'd like to report a problem I have with fvwm.

Machine: Pentium CPU
OS: FreeBSD v. 2.1.0-RELEASE
X: XFree86 v. 3.1.2
fvwm-version: 2.0.42

fvwm was configured using the defaults in configure.h and
Fvwm.tmpl (nothing changed, except the paths for X executables
and includes which are under /usr/X11R6/... in XFree86 3.1.2)
Then xmkmf; make makefiles; make all
The compiler, which is gcc 2.6.3, gets the flags -m486 -O2 when
compiling.
The symptom:
FvwmWinList does not get properly updated when creating new
windows. I think the size of the winlist increases to reflect
the increased number of windows, but the list itself is
completely blank (no labels, no buttons). Unfortunately, the
problem does not seem to be 100 % reproducible; on a few
occasions, FvwmWinList was updated correctly, but in 99 % of the
tries, bringing up a new window (such as the typical xterm or
emacs window) results in a blank FvwmWinList. It remains blank
until one presses one of the buttons/labels in the list, or does
something else that affects FvwmWinList, such as minimising a
window.
  The problem seems to occur more often when using
SmartPlacement/RandomPlacement in .fvwm2rc than when actively
placing the windows (DumbPlacement/ActivePlacement in .fvwm2rc).
Hope this information is useful. If you need additional info,
please mail me directly as I am not on the list currently.
                                       Erik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].