Subject: FVWM: fvwm-2.0.43 on Digital Unix 4.0 eats CPU time .....

From: Thomas Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 19:23:34 +0200 (MET DST)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi,

I've just installed fvwm-2.0.43 under Digital Unix 4.0 (formerly OSF/1) 
without any problems. The only problem is, that the window manager eats up
all cpu time it can get. 'top' always shows the 'fvwm2' process on top and
the machine is 0.0% idle: 

load averages:   1.32,  1.37,  1.34 19:22:55
71 processes:  2 running, 1 waiting, 31 sleeping, 35 idle
Cpu states: 76.8% user,  0.0% nice, 23.3% system,  0.0% idle
Memory: Real: 40M/123M act/tot  Virtual: 43M/155M use/tot  Free: 31M

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
  641 tom       52    0 3464K  106K run    29:55 81.90% fvwm2
  768 root      42    0 1888K  237K WAIT    2:12  6.50% gtar
 2118 tom       44    0 3040K  344K run     0:00  3.60% top

Question: Anyone knows a cure for that?

Thanks -- Tom

P.S: I was running fvwm-1.24r under OSF/1 3.2D without any problems but
     now need to go to fvwm-2.0.43 since the old fvwm-1 apparently
     has problems with window titles.

P.P.S: This is X11R6!

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
T o m   L e i t n e r                       Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology, 
e-mail    : [email-masked]      Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send 
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to [email-masked]
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].