Subject: FVWM: fvwm autoplacement of windows

From: James_Kingdon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:15:23 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if a small change to the placement algorithm for
new windows might be worth considering.
I use an IconBox which runs across the top of my screen; the auto-
placement for new windows almost invariably puts the new window at
0,0 which is slap on top of the icons.
Perhaps we could have an option to exclude the iconBox from the 
window auto-placement area?

Regards,
James.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                      _______________
 James Kingdon                                       |               |
 Parallel Applications Centre                        |  /|   /|   /| |
 2 Venture Road                                      | | |  | |  | | |
 Chilworth                                           | | |  | |  | | |
 Southampton          Phone:  +44 1703 760834        | | |  | |  | | |
 S016 7NP             Fax:    +44 1703 760833        | |/   |/   |/  |
 United Kingdom       E-Mail: [email-masked]    |_______________|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Wuertele <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 21:24:31 +0900

I have the following:

Style "*"           DumbPlacement

in my .fvwm2rc (and I'm using 2.43).

The current dumb placement is to place somewhere near +10+10 relative to where
the window was moved to last.  I would like this to be +0+0, i.e. no change
from the position the last time the window was placed.

Is this possible?

Also, I saw an entry for ActivePlacement in the fvwm2 man page, but did not see 
a description of it.  Can someone please explain it to me?

Thanks,
David Wuertele