Subject: FVWM: Machine name in Xterm

From: [email-masked] (Charles Gagnon)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:07:30 -0400

Howdy all,

I just installed Fvwm 2.0.42 on a Solaris 2.4 and I share the partition
with all my Solaris 2.4 machines. I have an Xterm command in my menu and
I would like to know how to set the -title to the name of the machine
I'm running the fvwm2 on.

TIA.

-- 
Charles Gagnon                      | My views are my views and they 
Systems Engineer                    | do not represent those of anybody
[email-masked]               | but me.
http://www.Grafnetix.COM/~charles/  |

      "Yeah well... I tried to search the web but it was raining!"
       -- Tara Kinsey
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Aug 1996 16:33:40 +0200

>>>>> Charles Gagnon writes:

  Charles> Howdy all, I just installed Fvwm 2.0.42 on a Solaris 2.4
  Charles> and I share the partition with all my Solaris 2.4
  Charles> machines. I have an Xterm command in my menu and I would
  Charles> like to know how to set the -title to the name of the
  Charles> machine I'm running the fvwm2 on.

(1) You use FvwmCpp or FvwmM4 and use one of the predefined macros to
stick into the -title option.

(2) You execute a shell script that does xterm -title `hostname`.

hth,
kai
-- 
What's a signature?