Subject: FVWM: window not autoraising

From: Michael Hirsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

I am involved in a project to write an X application.  We are using
only xlib, no widget sets as all, and are having a strange interaction
problem with fvwm (v. 1.24r).

I like autoraise, and the app won't autoraise.  I've seen this also
with a few nonstandard programs, like WABI programs and a few others
written specifically for solaris, but every generic X program has
always autoraised fine.

There is a possibly related problem in that the focus never entered
the programs window, either.  We fixed that by explicitly requesting
it (though I thought you weren't supposed to do that), but even so,
keystrokes don't get passed on to the program.

Neither of these problems happen with other window managers that I've
tested: olwm and olvwm, ctwm, perhaps others.  But two of us have had
this problem with fvwm.  Our configurations are quite different and it
happens under both linux and solaris, so I don't think it is just a
configuration or OS bug.

I read in a fvwm FAQ a question like this, but the answer was
basically "RTFM" without telling me which FM to R.  If someone could
point me to the right FM I will R it.

Thanks,

-- 
Michael Hirsch				Work: (404) 727-7940 
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322	FAX: (404) 727-5611
Internet:  [email-masked]	BITNET: [email-masked]
UUCP: {rutgers,gatech}!emory!hirsch	http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~hirsch/

Public key for encrypted mail available upon request (or finger
[email-masked]).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].