Subject: FVWM: Software works in Fvwm, but not in Olwm?

From: [email-masked] (Kevin W. Werner)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 10:27:06 EST

I am using Fvwm 1.24 on a Sparc with SunOS 4.1.3.  We have a new X application
 that runs on a server and displays on my machine.  If I run with Fvwm the app
 loads okay, some of the "buttons" on the app don't work (lock up windows).

But, if I exit out of windows and start Open Look window manager, then start the
 app.  Windows stops/crashes immediately, no error messages.

The third, twist to this is eXceed.  If I start Hummingbird eXceed on a pc,
 start the app on the server (displays on pc).  Now the app works fine, all
 buttons work correctly on the pc.

The app is really meant to be used with Solaris and TriTeal Vue.  But I have
 other software dependent on SunOs.  It sounds like some kind of X revision
 issue, if I made a guess (not knowing much about X).  The vendor supports the
 Solaris/TriTeal combination only, from what I can tell.

>From all this info, can anyone tell me what I need to do (hints, suggestios
 welcome) to make this app work with fvwm and olwm?  Since most of the
 discussions on this list were concerning Fvwm2, I'm not on the list anymore. 
 So, could you please send me an email to:
  [email-masked]

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

==============================================================================
   Kevin Werner                     Phone: 317 / 451-9749
   IC Test Development Engineer     Fax:   317 / 451-8876
   Delco Electronics                Email: [email-masked]

   M/S: FAB E       2150 East Lincoln Road        Kokomo, IN  46904-9005

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].