Subject: FVWM: installing FVWM2

From: eric betzler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 11:47:27 -0500

I am having a problem installing FVWM2.0.43 on a SUNOS system.
 
after I do: xmkmf
            make Makefiles
	    make
with no problems...I then type: make install
and get the following compiler errors in misc.c and FvwnIconMan.c:

misc.c: In function `fvwm_msg':
misc.c:892: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this function)
misc.c:892: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
misc.c:892: for each function it appears in.)

FvwmIconMan.c:96: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this
function)
FvwmIconMan.c:96: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
FvwmIconMan.c:96: for each function it appears in.)
             
I'm using gcc compiler.

Any suggestions?

-Eric-
[email-masked]
	     
                         ''~''                                               
Eric J. Betzler         ( o o )          University of Minnesota-Duluth 
--------------------ooOo--(_)--oOoo------------------------------------

	"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world
	 without hate.  And I can picture us attacking that world,
	 because they'd never expect it."
		- Jack Handey
WWW:                                     http://www.d.umn.edu/~ebetzler
EMail:               .oooO                           [email-masked]
Telephone:           (   )   Oooo.                       (218) 727-1458
----------------------\ (----(   )-------------------------------------
		       \_)    ) /
			     (_/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Benoit Champagne)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 16:04:21 -0400

===>eric betzler writes:

    eric> I am having a problem installing FVWM2.0.43 on a SUNOS system.  after
    eric> I do: xmkmf make Makefiles make with no problems...I then type: make
    eric> install and get the following compiler errors in misc.c and
    eric> FvwnIconMan.c:

    eric> misc.c: In function `fvwm_msg': misc.c:892: `__builtin_va_alist'
    eric> undeclared (first use this function) misc.c:892: (Each undeclared
    eric> identifier is reported only once misc.c:892: for each function it
    eric> appears in.)

    eric> FvwmIconMan.c:96: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use this
    eric> function) FvwmIconMan.c:96: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
    eric> only once FvwmIconMan.c:96: for each function it appears in.)
             
    eric> I'm using gcc compiler.

    eric> Any suggestions?

    eric> -Eric- [email-masked]

We used to have a similar problem with our products build.  Try defining
__EXTENSION__.  It did resolve that problem for us may it will for you too.

Best Regards

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 			  COMPUTER ASSOCIATES                        CCCC
                  Unicenter TNG: The Next Generation               CC  
			  DESPITE EVERYTHING !                    CC   AA
Benoit Champagne  ift.a	           Main Line : (514) 978-4899     CC  AAA
Tel  : (514) 978-4913		     3090 Boul. Le Carrefour      CC AA A
FAX  : (514) 978-4909                      Suite 300               CAACCC
Email: [email-masked]		           Laval, PQ               AA   A
PLAN : Live Long And Prosper		    H7T 2J7               AA    A 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].