Subject: FVWM: Digital Unix...

From: Matt Gillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 12:37:34 +1000

Question.  Has anyone had any trouble with getting FvwmButtons to run in a
Digital Unix v3.2 environment??  For me it just seems to coredump all the 
time. is there a patch for this?  
Thanks.

Matt

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 23:38:45 CDT

Matt Gillard <[email-masked]> wrote:

----------> i'm running 2.0.43 unpatched on digital unix with no
problems...i include the FvwmButtons portion of my .fvwm2rc below...

OS Version: DEC OSF/1 V3.2A  (Rev. 17); Tue Mar  5 16:15:13 CST 1996

----- begin included text -----

AddToFunc       warp-or-run     "I"     Next [$0 CirculateHit] Iconify -1
+                               "I"     Next [$0 CirculateHit] Focus
+                               "I"     None [$0] $1

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# FvwmButtons button-bar
#------------------------
#
# *FvwmButtonsBack      SteelBlue4
# *FvwmButtonsFore      Black
*FvwmButtonsBack        DimGrey
*FvwmButtonsFore        white
*FvwmButtonsFont        -adobe-helvetica-bold-o-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtonsGeometry    +1-1
*FvwmButtonsRows        1

*FvwmButtons(2x1 Swallow(UseOld) "XDaliClock" \
             'Exec nice /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/xdaliclock \
             -noseconds -fn "-*-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" \
             -fg LightGrey -bg DimGrey -bw 0 -geometry 130x50-1500-1500 &')
*FvwmButtons(Icon netscape7_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Function warp-or-run Netscape \
             "Exec /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/netscape &"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon xmosaic3_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Function warp-or-run Mosaic \
             "Exec /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/mosaic &"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon xedit2_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Function warp-or-run Emacs "Exec emacs&"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon xterm3_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "xterm" xterm&', \
             Action(Mouse 2) 'Popup Remote-Login', \
             Action(Mouse 3) 'Module RemoteHost')
*FvwmButtons(Icon mailbox_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Function warp-or-run exmh \
             "Exec exmh &"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon xv4_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Function warp-or-run xv \
             "Exec /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/xv &"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon coolfrac2_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "" xlock -mode random -nice 0 &')
*FvwmButtons(2x1, Swallow "XLoad" \
             'Exec nice xload -fg LightGrey -bg DimGrey -geometry -1500-1500 \
             -nolabel &', Action 'Exec "" "xterm -T top -r -j -rw -s +sb -wf \
             -e top &"')
*FvwmButtons(Icon MtDew_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Restart fvwm2')
*FvwmButtons(2x1, Swallow "FvwmPager" "FvwmPager 0 1", Frame 1)
*FvwmButtons(Icon logout.xpm, \
             Action 'Quit')

----- end included text -----

--chris.

--
 "Our education system is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human
  nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how
  memorable an individual is.  It does not nurture talent, but rewards those
  who obey and allows them entrance to an exclusive club.  This is wrong."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].