Subject: FVWM: stdio for modules?

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 13:45:33 -0400

I've been working on my new Python module for Fvwm and I'm hitting
some weird behavior with standard I/O.  FTR: fvwm 2.0.43, Solaris 2.5,
OW 3.5, and Python 1.3.

Say I want to do a Send_ConfigInfo and print out all the lines that
come back.  I use Python's `print' command which should send the
output to sys.stdout.  But when I do this, I get the first part of the
first line, and then garbage or only random intermediate bits of the
rest of the output.  So I try to run the script with `python -u' for
unbuffered output and that helps, a little, but it's still not very
good.

I even try flushing sys.stdout after every print but that doesn't
help.  Seems the only way to actually see every output character is to
crack open a log file and write() the characters to it (with flushes).

So what's happening to stdout that the Module documentation isn't real
revealing?  Anybody know what I need to do in my module to get output
to work?

Thanks,
-Barry
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].