Subject: FVWM: New FVWM user/configure problems

From: Balasubramanian Raju <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 17:15:18 -0600

Hello everyone..

I recently downloaded fvwm and untarred it..I didnt know how to
configure. I already have twm running in my SUN Sparc machine.

Please help me in this regard..

Is there any place where there is step by step instruction for how
to configure ??

If so please let me know..any other help and suggestions are always
welcome..

Thanks
-- 
Fundamentally,things never change.
_________________________________________________________________
Raju Balasubramanian               |  505-107 Cumberland Ave. S
Dept of Electrical Engineering     |  Saskatoon S7N 2R6
Univ of Saskatchewan               |  SK, Canada
Saskatoon                          | 
SK Canada. S7N 5A9                 |  Phone :(306)653-1513 Home
                                   |        :(306)966-5400 Lab
                                   |        :(306)966-7746 Office
     WEB Page      http://www.engr.usask.ca/~bar553
-----------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Aug 1996 09:03:47 +0200

>>>>> Balasubramanian Raju writes:

  Raju> Is there any place where there is step by step instruction for
  Raju> how to configure ??

I think the INSTALL file is rather clear.
untar fvwm, then edit Fvwm.tmpl and config.h (there are comments in
it, so you'll know what to put in there), then type xmkmf, then make
Makefiles, then make, then make install, then make install.man.

(I didn't need to edit config.h, so you should start editing Fvwm.tmpl
first, then only if something doesn't work look at config.h.)

hth,
kai
-- 
What's a signature?