Subject: FVWM: FvwmM4 problems

From: James_Kingdon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 10:01:22 +0100

Hi,

I recently installed fvwm2.0.43 on a linux 2.0.0 box ,and everything is
mostly fine.
My one problem at the moment is that I can't get the m4 pre-processing
working.

I've tried putting

FvwmM4

at the top of my .fvwm2rc file, and also

FvwmM4 -debug

but I'm not seeing any files in /tmp.

I've also tried putting
AddToFunc "InitFunction" "I" Module FvwmM4

All of these options seem to fail silently, i.e fvwm starts up ok,
but the file doesn't seem to be pre-processed, for example SERVERHOST
stays as SERVERHOST.

If I put
fvwm2 -f "FvwmM4 -debug /home/jbk/.fvwm2rc"
in my .xinitrc then things go badly wrong. fvwm doesn't start properly,
(the only menu entry is the builtin exit fvwm command), and the
console gives error messages that look like it's been trying to
load fvwm2 modules who's names are bits of binary. There's still no
files in /tmp.

I'm using m4 version 1.4, and it all seems to work fairly happily
with fvwm 1.??

Many thanks for any help you can offer,
James.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                      _______________
 James Kingdon                                       |               |
 Parallel Applications Centre                        |  /|   /|   /| |
 2 Venture Road                                      | | |  | |  | | |
 Chilworth                                           | | |  | |  | | |
 Southampton          Phone:  +44 1703 760834        | | |  | |  | | |
 S016 7NP             Fax:    +44 1703 760833        | |/   |/   |/  |
 United Kingdom       E-Mail: [email-masked]    |_______________|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].