Subject: FVWM: placement in 2.0.43

From: Michael Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 13:15:10 +0100

I just downloaded the latest fvwm (2.0.43), to upgrade from 2.0.41. 
Everything works fine except placement.  Despite not having
SmartPlacement and ActivePlacement defined and having

Style "*"           NoPPosition

All my windows are getting placed automatically instead of letting me
place them myself.

I can't find any documentation that this has changed so any ideas
friends?

Thanks

Michael Smith
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bill Oswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 09:15:37 -0500 (CDT)

Excerpts from fvwm: 6-Aug-96 FVWM: placement in 2.0.43 Michael
[email-masked]. (640*) 

> Despite not having 

> I can't find any documentation that this has changed so any ideas 

Change your Style command to be: 
	Style "*"	NoPPosition, ActivePlacement,  DumbPlacement 

The default placement styles are now SmartPlacement and RandomPlacement.
 I think I ended up looking at the code to figure this out for sure. 
The help text isn't real clear on default values in a couple of places
and this maybe one of them.  I believe Chuck has been updating the help
for 2.0. 

-Bill