Subject: FVWM: Cut&paste between xterm & suntools

From: Tom Serkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 13:47:53 -0600

Not exactly a fvwm question, but I figure someone here can answer 
this...

I use fvwm on Solaris and have occasion to use various 'suntool' 
apps.  Let's use shelltool as an example:
I am unable to 'paste' text from my xterm into the shelltool.  
Pressing the middle mouse button does nothing, nor does the 'Paste' 
keyboard button.  Pressing the 'Copy' button in the xterm causes a 
<ESC>[29~ to be sent to the app running on the xterm.

I can copy from the sheltool, though.  I select text in the shelltool 
and press 'Copy'.  Then in the xterm window, I can paste with either 
the middle mouse button, or the 'Paste' key.

Help! :^)

-Tom Serkowski

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alan Shutko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 15:05:04 -0500

>>>>> "TS" == Tom Serkowski <[email-masked]> writes:

TS> Not exactly a fvwm question, but I figure someone here can answer
TS> this...

Not a fvwm question at all.  It's a "Sun's *tool programs are broken"
question.  Basically, they don't interoperate with anything else.  I'm
sure someone internal might be able to help you or something.
Otherwise, the stock answer is "Don't use cmdtool or shelltool."

--
Alan Shutko <[email-masked]> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
Never assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pierre-Luc DEBECKER <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Aug 1996 09:51:09 +0200

> Otherwise, the stock answer is "Don't use cmdtool or shelltool."

    Right! Don't use cmdtool or shelltool, but if you need  to  paste
    something  in a mailtool or so on, you can add the following line
    in your .Xdefaults:

XTerm*vt100.Translations: #override \n\
            <Key>L6:select-set(CLIPBOARD) \n\
            <Key>L8:insert-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n

    which will remap the copy and paste keys in a xterm.

	Pierre-Luc

---

From: "Stefan 'Stetson' Skoglund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 13:06:06 +0200

Sun's tools (cmdtool and shelltool) isn't broken
when we talk about copy-and-paste between them
and other programs.
Why ? because Sun uses a different mechanism for cut-and-paste.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].