Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons coredump

From: Christopher Greenup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 00:51:22 +0000

Believe it or not, I waited until now to notice one little detail.  That
being that FvwmButtons causes a coredump every time it tries to start,
no matter how it tries to start.  Take FvwmButtons out of the
InitFunction and don't manually start it and no coredump.  Since I have
had the same results with 4 different copies/versions of the binary
itself, and since no one else seems to be having any problems, it has to
be something about my 'setup.'  As to what, I am not with clue.  With
this in mind, any ideas (again)? Thanks in advance.
  
-- 
        -+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-
        ][   Christopher Greenup   ]|[  Apex Internet Services ][
        ][     [email-masked]      ]|[   http://www.apex.net   ][
        -+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Matt Gillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 17:02:05 +1000

I had the same problem also...on Digital Unix.  That was when I compiled it 
with the DEC cc compiler.  I recompiled with gcc and not a problem.  Although
I still get a coredump when I use a particular configuration I have here.  I 
am getting around that by using the sample fvwmrc file and moulding it to my
needs.  I think there could be a few system problems with 2.0.43...after all
it is still beta. :-)

Matt

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:09:06 -0400

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Greenup <[email-masked]> writes:

Christopher> Believe it or not, I waited until now to notice one
Christopher> little detail.  That being that FvwmButtons causes a
Christopher> coredump every time it tries to start, no matter how it
Christopher> tries to start.

Hmmm.  Do you have a line like *FvwmButtonsFont None in your config?
I found that caused a core dump when I started using the new
FvwmButtons.  It shouldn't be necessary to use that line anymore.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]