Subject: FVWM: Compiling version 43

From: [email-masked] (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 23:43:59 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I was trying to compile version 2.0.43 on my linux 2.0 ELF/aout box. It
did not work, and I got a lot of error messages about a missing library.  
I could not locate this library anywhere. 

library is /usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a

Do you know where to find it?

Thanks!

	- Igor.

making all in ./libs...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/libs'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/libs'
making all in ./fvwm...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/fvwm'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/fvwm'
making all in ./modules/FvwmAudio...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmAudio'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmAudio'
making all in ./modules/FvwmAuto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmAuto'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmAuto'
making all in ./modules/FvwmBacker...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmBacker'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmBacker'
making all in ./modules/FvwmButtons...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmButtons'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmButtons'
making all in ./modules/FvwmCpp...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmCpp'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmCpp'
making all in ./modules/FvwmForm...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmForm'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmForm'
making all in ./modules/FvwmIconBox...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIconBox'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIconBox'
making all in ./modules/FvwmIconMan...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIconMan'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIconMan'
making all in ./modules/FvwmIdent...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIdent'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmIdent'
making all in ./modules/FvwmM4...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmM4'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmM4'
making all in ./modules/FvwmPager...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmPager'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmPager'
making all in ./modules/FvwmSave...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmSave'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmSave'
making all in ./modules/FvwmSaveDesk...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmSaveDesk'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmSaveDesk'
making all in ./modules/FvwmScroll...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmScroll'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmScroll'
making all in ./modules/FvwmTalk...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmTalk'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmTalk'
making all in ./modules/FvwmWinList...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmWinList'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmWinList'
making all in ./xpmroot...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/xpmroot'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/xpmroot'
making all in ./modules/FvwmBanner...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmBanner'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXExExt.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/modules/FvwmBanner'
making all in ./utils...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/utils'
make in utils done
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/utils'
making all in ./sample.fvwmrc...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/sample.fvwmrc'
make in sample.fvwmrc done
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ichudov/tmp/incoming/linux/fvwm-2.0.43/sample.fvwmrc'

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].