Subject: FVWM: openlook windows don't seem to get focus properly

From: Stephen Wray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 21:06:45 +1200

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Openlook windows don't seem to get focus properly. 
Is this a problem with fvwm or openlook?

Specifically, workman...

I'm running linux and fvwm 42 or so.

- -- 
- ---
I used to think that my brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.

Then I realised who had been telling me this...
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Wray <[email-masked]>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Astoorian)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 09:06:34 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm running linux and fvwm 42 or so.

Actually, it's a feature.

By defaults, fvwm will not give input focus to a window which has set
InputHint to "false" in WM_HINTS (eg., via XSetWMProperties).  I believe
the OpenLook stuff does so unless the window has a reason to get input
focus...

You might notice, for instance, that if you click on 'CD Info' in
workman, the window that pops up gets the focus just fine.

Which begs the question, "why do you *want* workman to get input focus?"

If you *really* want all windows to get input focus, add the line
    Style "*" Lenience
to the top of your .fvwm2rc file.

See the section on "ICCCM Compliance" in the fvwm man page for the gory
details....

Hope this helps,

--                          People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Dan Astoorian               loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
http://www.utopia.csas.com  not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
[email-masked]       the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alan Shutko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 12:02:33 -0500

>>>>> "SW" == Stephen Wray <[email-masked]> writes:

SW> Openlook windows don't seem to get focus properly.  Is this a
SW> problem with fvwm or openlook?

SW> Specifically, workman...

I believe that the main workman window isn't accepting key events and
doesn't want keyboard focus... if you open up the cd info window
(which has input fields), it properly accepts focus.

--
Alan Shutko <[email-masked]> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
Oxymoron: one who has used too much acne goo?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].