Subject: FVWM: forcing FvwmButtons to resize

From: Kory Lasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:30:40 -0500 (CDT)

After adding options to the source code of an xsysstats to accept
different resource names (I didn't expect to do that!), I have finally
gotten them to be swallowed in an FvwmButtons module.  However, since I'm
using a symbolic link to FvwmButtons to add another pseudo-module, the all
the xsysstats except one (of 3) are being covered up (FvwmButtons only
resizes to allow for 1 of these process, not two).  Is there *any* way to
force a resize of FvwmButtons.  Naturally, I have the perfGeomety defined
to what I would like, but only location is obeyed.  Any suggestions? 

 +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Kory Lasker \/ [email-masked] /\  http://www.math.umn.edu/~koryl/ |
 | Math Department Systems Staff     \/  Office Phone: 624-7358 /\       |
 +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+ 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:18:57 -0400

> to what I would like, but only location is obeyed.  Any suggestions? 

I am not   sure I understand  your  problem, but  I did have  problems
swallowing xsysstats into FvwmButtons, until I realized that xsysstats
has a minimum size that it can be resized  to.  If you don't configure
FvwmButtons to provide  at least  the minimum  size, if  won't swallow
xsysstats.

Here is what I got to work:

# I force the height to 64 because xsysstats needs that as a minimum...dje

*FvwmButtons(2x1, Size 64 64, Swallow "XSysStats" 'Exec xsysstats -hidelabels -sample 10 -bg gray -fg black -type disk -color blue -type packets -color darkgreen -type cpu -color red')

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].