Subject: FVWM: compilation problems

From: "James A. Basilio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

can anyone give me a tip as to how to fix this error message?

ld: Undefined symbol
   _strerror

It occurs in the last phase of compilation ... all the libraries are in 
the right places .. I can't figure out what to change.  At least before 
when it bombed it was within the C code ... 

BTW: this is on a sunos 4.1.4 system

[]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=[]
::   Jim Basilio        Information Center   ::
::                       (814) 238-4311      ::
::   [email-masked]               x2434         ::
::                                           ::
::    http://www.cse.psu.edu/~basilio        ::
[]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=[]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 1996 14:25:13 +0200

>>>>> James A Basilio writes:

  JAB> can anyone give me a tip as to how to fix this error message?
  JAB> ld: Undefined symbol
  JAB>    _strerror

You get 2.0.43 where this is fixed (I think) or you just fix it
yourself:  strerror(x) can be substituted with sys_errlist[x] on
SunOS.  Just:

    #ifdef <Variable_that_sez_SunOS_goes_here>
    #define strerror(x) sys_errlist[x]
    #endif

somewhere.  There is a compiler option that tells you what
preprocessor symbols are defined on your system.

I hope this is not too vague,
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].