Subject: FVWM: SLOW

From: "Ted G. Freitas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 03:36:24 -0700 (GMT-0700)

Got a question, Is there any options that you can setupin the .fvwm95rc2
or the .startx file that will make the fvwm server run DOG slow? I tried
to load Netscape and it took more than 5 min to load! there is something
seriously wrong!! in the Bios should Video / System showding be on? the
system Consists of the following

486 DX-4/80
24 Megs ram
1.2 gig hd 
SVGA Trident 8900c Video Card.. 
Gateway 2000 Crystal Scan 1024 NI

---
Net Manager for the Tulare County Amateur Radio Club
Ted G. Freitas, KE6YJC                                           
Visalia TNOS Switch Operator
Email: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Nathaniel Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:50:14 -0500 (EDT)

> SVGA Trident 8900c Video Card.. 
Your problem is probably the video card (i.e. the chipset).  Since there is no
accelerated X-server for the trident chipset, programs are going to run
inherently slow, as far as drawing windows is concerned.  Netscape is slow
anyway, though.  I believe there is an accelerated server available, but it is 
commercial.

--Nat