Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 compilation problem

From: Ryszard Kubiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:58:14 +0200

Hi,

I've tried to install fvwm2 under SunOS 4.1.3 and encountered
the error message quoted below. Can anybody help me and tell what 
to do to overcome it?

Rysiek
PS. Please respond to my address also, not only to the fvwm group.

-----------------------

gcc -o fvwm2 add_window.o  bindings.o  borders.o  builtins.o  colormaps.o  colors.o  complex.o  decorations.o  events.o  focus.o  functions.o  fvwm.o  icons.o  menus.o  misc.o  module.o  move.o  placement.o  read.o  resize.o  style.o  virtual.o  windows.o -O2      -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L../libs -lfvwm2 -lXpm  -lXext -lX11     
ld: Undefined symbol 
   _strerror 
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 09:42 EDT

strerror is not supported by Sunos. You will need to rewrite that
line of code to do error reporting another way. Unfortunately, I don't
remember what specifically I did to get around this or I'd give you a
patch.

Hope it helps!

---

From: Varadarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 08:57:03 -0500

strerror can be replaced using sys_errlist[errno]
Hope this helps,
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Varadarajan.T.S.                E-Mail : [email-masked]
#725, 77, University Crescent,  HTTP   : http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~tsv
Winnipeg,                       Tel No : 1-(204)269-6036(Residence)
Manitoba - MB R3T 3N8                    1-(204)474-8827(Office)
Canada.                        
------------------------------------------------------------------------