Subject: FVWM: FVWM and Solaris 2.5

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan W. Miner)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:14:43 -0400 (EDT)

Anybody running FVWM 2.x on Solaris 2.5?  It compiles cleanly but doesn't
run.  Specifically, it doesn't handle mouse clicks on the root window, and
doesn't put borders on the windows.

-- 
Jonathan Miner                     | Phone/Fax: 603 885 2438/1480
Sanders, A Lockheed Martin Company | Pager:     603 599 2683 
PO Box 868, MER15-2403             | Email: [email-masked]
Nashua, NH 03061-0868              |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 14:37 EST

>>>>> "JWM" == Jonathan W Miner <[email-masked]> wrote:

JWM> Anybody running FVWM 2.x on Solaris 2.5?  It compiles cleanly but
JWM> doesn't run.  Specifically, it doesn't handle mouse clicks on the
JWM> root window, and doesn't put borders on the windows.

Copy the sample initialization file that comes with the distribution
to "~/.fvwm2rc". It should work.

Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: steve farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:34:06 -0500

you should make sure it's finding a config file.  in my experience, fvwm2
does this if, for example, you have a .fvwmrc and not an .fvwm2rc (and
didn't set it up to look for .fvwmrc).  seems like lousy behavior,
actually, for it to deal so ungracefully with not finding a config file...

but maybe that's already been fixed?

--steve farrell