Subject: FVWM: 2.0.2 build

From: Don Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 11:40:04 -0700

When I was building PCmcia-cs-2.8.18 against 2.0.2 i received the message

gcc -O -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -I../modules -I/usr/src/linux/include 
 -c cardmgr.c -o cardmgr.o
cardmgr.c: In function `main':
cardmgr.c:1116: `__FDSET_INTS' undeclared (first use this function)
cardmgr.c:1116: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cardmgr.c:1116: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [cardmgr.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pcmcia-cs-2.8.18/cardmgr'
make: *** [install] Error 2
146.000u 11.430s 2:50.67 92.2% 0+0k 0+0io 17264pf+0w
Exit 2

I could not find (by greping) where __FDSET_INTS was defined in the 2.0.2 dist.
It was defined in /linux-2.0.1/include/linux/posix_types.h.  I copied this file 
to the 2.0.2 distribution.

Don't know if this is legal, but it built:-)

don
-- 
*****************************************************************************
*    Don Fisher					[email-masked] 
*    Science Applications International Corporation		(520)570-7699       
*    5151 E. Broadway,  Suite 900                                           
*    Tucson, AZ  85711-3796                                                 
*****************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bo Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Jul 1996 03:47:37 +0200

>>>>> "Don" == Don Fisher <[email-masked]> writes:

    Don> I could not find (by greping) where __FDSET_INTS was defined in the 2.0.2 dist.
    Don> It was defined in /linux-2.0.1/include/linux/posix_types.h.  I copied this file 
    Don> to the 2.0.2 distribution.

It would have been enough to add -D__FDSET_INTS=__FDSET_LONGS to your CFLAGS, but that
will be fixed in 2.0.3.