Subject: FVWM: problem compiling fvwm2

From: "James A. Basilio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 13:10:23 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question about some of the linked libraries.  Specifically XPM.  
I'm trying to install fvwm2.042 but I think my libraries are all screwed 
up.  This is the message I'm dying on (I tried taking the whole statement 
out of the source ... but then ran into other problems):
"Picture.c", line 67: undefined struct/union member: closeness
"Picture.c", line 69: undefined symbol: XpmCloseness

I've tried compiling on a freshly built sunos 4.1.4 system and also on 
solaris 2.4.  I can't seem to get this thing installed because of missing 
libraries and as a side note .. where do I find missing X libraries?  

Any help would be appreciated.

[]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=[]
::   Jim Basilio        Information Center   ::
::                       (814) 238-4311      ::
::   [email-masked]               x2434         ::
::                                           ::
::    http://www.cse.psu.edu/~basilio        ::
[]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=[]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Calle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 14:04:07 -0400 (EDT)

> libraries and as a side note .. where do I find missing X libraries?  

Your problem is that the XPM library doesn't come with the system.

>From the FAQ:

13) I'm trying to build FVWM, but the linker is complaining about
    missing functions like 'XpmReadFileToPixmap' or the compiler can't
    find the include file X11/xpm.h.  Why is that?

A: You need to have the Xpm library on your system.  You can find the
   source for it at ftp.x.org in /contrib/libraries.  Or you can
   compile without Xpm support (see the configure.h file) and lose out
   on all the pretty color icons.

-- 
Dan Calle                                  SysAdmin and Research Assistant
                                   Physics Department, Sweet Briar College
Email: [email-masked]              Talk/Finger: [email-masked]
Web Page: http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~dcalle/            Finger for PGP key.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].