Subject: FVWM: Bug in Style line parsing - fvwm 2.0.43

From: Michael F Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:12:44 +0100

(I'm not subscribed to this list, as I don't have the time or
inclination to do more with fvwm than use it, so please cc any
responses to me.  Thanks)

I spent over an hour last night trying to work out why the line

  Style XTerm Icon xterm.xpm 

in ~/.fvwmrc was apparently being ignored and eventually found the
problem by tracing the executable and watching which files it tried
to open.  The problem was a trailing space on the line after xterm.xpm,
left there by a previous edit.  This space was being taken as part of
the filename, causing the open to fail.  I haven't looked at the code
closely to see if the same happens elsewhere, but the problem seems to
be a missing isspace() around line 316 of style.c

Michael Gordon
-- 
Politicians are like nappies, both should be changed regularly
and for the same reason - graffito on a wall in Yeovil.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].