Subject: FVWM: Running fvwm2.0.43

From: Eric Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:45:44 -0400

Hello.

        This is Eric from Drexel university who just started to be 
having fun wiht linux.  I have installed your fvwm 2.0.43 
(successfully complied) but don't know what to do next.  I do have  .
fvwmrc and .fvwm2rc both(in case ) and still my twm is coming up 
instead of fvwm.  here is my .Xclients file and hope you can tell me 
what to do next to run fvwm thanx

my .Xclients contains following..

#!/bin/bash

xterm &
if [ ! -z $(type -path oclock) ]; then

        oclock -geometry +0+0 &

else
        xclock -gemetry +0+0 &

fi

if  [ ! -z $(type -path fvwm) ]; then

        exec fvwm

else

        exec twm

fi

and I am using MkLinux on My Power Mac 7100/66...  other linux 
sources've been complied and running good. but I just don't know 
what to do next with fvwm.. please give me a advise..

thanx

-- 
Computer Science....
like Nuclear Physics Sci...

everyday is not for everyone...

World Wide Web
http://www.mcs.drexel.edu:80/~uelee/

E-mail :
[email-masked]

エリック
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 19:24 EST

>>>>> "EL" == Eric Lee <[email-masked]> wrote:

EL> This is Eric from Drexel university who just started to be having
EL> fun wiht linux.

Hi Eric!

welcome to Linux. It will bring a lot of fun to your life.

EL> my .Xclients contains following..

EL> ...

EL> if  [ ! -z $(type -path fvwm) ]; then

EL>         exec fvwm

So, is "fvwm" in your path? If you type

        type -path fvwm

from the bash prompt, do you see any output? (You should.)

Is your binary really called "fvwm", and not "fvwm2"?

BTW, the line

can be replaced with

        if  [ -n $(type -path fvwm) ]; then

although this is not the problem.

EL> ...

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Emilio.

-- 
                 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
               Instituto de Fisica da Universidade de Sao Paulo
             Caixa Postal 66318, 05389-970 Sao Paulo - SP, BRAZIL
              Phone: (+55) (11) 818-6724 (Voice) / 818-6715 (Fax)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].