Subject: FVWM: emacs, gnudoit, and vm

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 12:02 EDT

I'm trying to make a button that will go to the page where I have an
emacs frame in which vm is running. I would like focus to be given to
that frame and then use gnudoit to send emacs a "vm-get-new-mail"
command.

I'm using a combination of windows commands and gnudoit, but it always
seems to try to happen in another emacs frame where vm is not running
so the "vm-get-new-mail" fails.

Does anyone have this or something similar running?

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Securicor Telesciences Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven Haslam)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 11:49:41 BST

> so the "vm-get-new-mail" fails.

Noting that my vm window always has "INBOX" in the title, I tried
entering

Next [*INBOX*] Focus

into FvwmTalk, and this shifted my pointer to the INBOX window.

Presumably, by replacing "Focus" with a function invocation, this
could be extended to do what you require?

(assuming fvwm2, of course).

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven Haslam)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 11:49:59 BST

Next [*INBOX*] Focus