Subject: FVWM: would like function StartOnNextFreePage

From: Jens-U H Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 11:56:32 JST

I often run several emacs at the same time and since I usually
have lots of frames (windows in X terminology) open in each emacs
session and some applications that I run from them (eg xdvi), I
always run each session on a different page to separate them
clearly (otherwise it is really hard to remember which frame/app
belows to which emacs session ;-).

I already know about "StartsOnDesk" and use that so that I have
one desk with several pages just for emacs sessions.

Usually I just start with one emacs running and then run more as
required. I would find it _very_ useful if I could start a new
emacs on a different, unused page automatically.

Ok, this could be implemented at various levels of
sophistication.  I guess I would be happy with just a function,
that would circulate to the next page with no applications on it
(if such a page is available).

Is it possible to make such a function at present in fvwm2?  If
so, does anyone have such a function?

Thanks, Jens
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].