Subject: FVWM: Compound commands with FvwmButtons

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 96 15:59 EDT

I've read the man pages and examined the sample file but I can't seem
to make this work:

I'd like to do two things upon button press: switch to another page
and then do an exec of gnudoit. I figured I'd use Action under options
and then the regular stuff. The config line looks like this:

*FvwmButtons(Action "GoToPage 1 0") Get_Mail mail.xbm exec gnudoit \
"(vm-get-new-mail)"

The gnudoit happens, but the GoToPage does not. Would someone mind
explaining Actions and how to do more than one thing with a button
push.

Thanks in advance,

-- 
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Securicor Telesciences Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].