Subject: FVWM: Problems with Seyon when using fvwm2

From: "Bruce F. Juntti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 20:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

When using fvwm2 as my window manager on my Linux box,
when invoking Seyon I get complaints from that app like:
"/dev/modem: no such device".  Seyon works fine, however,
when using the fvwm that cam with my 1.2.1 Linux 
distribution.  Any ideas?

Bruce Juntti

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Ray Curtis)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:37:09 -0400

>>>>> "BFJ" == Bruce F Juntti <[email-masked]> writes:

    BFJ> Hi all,
    BFJ> When using fvwm2 as my window manager on my Linux box,
    BFJ> when invoking Seyon I get complaints from that app like:
    BFJ> "/dev/modem: no such device".  Seyon works fine, however,
    BFJ> when using the fvwm that cam with my 1.2.1 Linux 
    BFJ> distribution.  Any ideas?

Have checked that /dev/modem exsists ? It should be a link to the
device file you are using for your modem, i.e. 
/dev/modem --->/dev/cua0 . This has nothing to do with FVWM at all.
Seyon must default to look for a device file called /dev/modem.
Check and see where your modem is connected, such as use dmesg
and read the output and look for the serial ports.

Hope this helps,

---------------------------------------------------------------
Linux Host 'RAY'
email: [email-masked]