Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.0.43

From: Gong Su <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 17:05:59 -0400

I don't know if anybody else has seen this. It happens on both Linux 2.0.6
(x86) and Solaris 2.5 (sparc). FVWM 2.0.43 compiles fine on both platforms
but when I try to run it with

fvwm -f "FvwmM4 $HOME/.fvwmrc" > $HOME/.xinitlog 2>&1

and here is what I get in my .xinitlog (on Linux, similar on Solaris):

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm ELF
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm €ù
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm t€ù
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm Q¡H4
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm ë�v

Any idea? Thanks.

/Gong
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Astoorian)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 17:30:15 -0400 (EDT)

> [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm €ù

It's trying to read 'FvwmM4' as though it were a config file, rather
than running it as a module.  It was changed in the last patchlevel.

Try using '-cmd' instead of '-f' on your fvwm command line.

HTH,

--                          People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Dan Astoorian               loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
http://www.utopia.csas.com  not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
[email-masked]       the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].