Subject: FVWM: HP compile problems

From: Tom Wike <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:35:28 -0500

I am having trouble compiling fvwm-2.0.43 on a HP K410 (829) running
HP-UX 10.01 and wonder if anyone knows what this error means. It
compiled fine thru the library module...I only added the line:

CDEBUGFLAGS = +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE

to the Imakefile for HP's compiler.

making all in ./fvwm...
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c add_window.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c bindings.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c borders.c
        rm -f builtins.o
        cc -c +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/us
r/include/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_B
UTTONS -DXPM  -DFVWM_ICONDIR=\"/usr/include/X11R5/X11/bitmaps\:/usr/include/X11R
5/X11/pixmaps\"                 -DFVWMDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/X11/fvwm2\"
-DFVWMRC=\".fvwm2rc\" builtins.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c colormaps.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i

nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c colors.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c complex.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c decorations.c
        cc +O3 -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include  -I. -I../libs  -I/usr/i
nclude/X11R5 -I/usr/local/mitX11R5/include -DSYSV -Dhpux   -DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTT
ONS -DXPM  -c events.c

 Signal 11: segmentation violation
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Thanks for your help.

-- 
  Tom Wike                      Email: [email-masked] 
  Texas Instruments             Pager: (214) 598-1496
  7839 Churchill Way M/S 3984   Phone: (214) 917-1252
  Dallas, Texas 75251           Fax:   (214) 917-3891
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].