Subject: FVWM: A few points on 2.0.43

From: H}vard Fosseng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 18:36:42 +0200

Slight trouble building it on OSF1 V3.2 alpha and IRIX 5.3.

On both platforms 'make' gave a lot of messages along the lines of:

Archive: ../libs/libfvwm2.a has no table of contents (not searched)
         add one with 'ar ts'
Unresolved:
matchWildcards
safemalloc
mystrcasecmp
mystrncasecmp
envDupExpand
GetFontOrFixed
DestroyPicture
CachePicture
sleep_a_little
GetFdWidth
mygethostname
InitPictureCMap
findIconFile
make[1]: *** [fvwm2] Error 1

Doing 'ar ts libs/libfvwm2.a' and a new 'make' solved this.

Selecting a window from WindowList will no longer give it focus. I
used to rely on this to transfer focus to window that did not have
their own keystrokes without having to move the pointer.

From the ChangeLog:

       21. Added ExitFunction, to be executed on exit (before restarts too).
           Useful for explicitly killing modules, etc.

Is it practical to implement a hook that is only done before exits
(not before restarts), and, if that's the case, does anyone else see a
use for it? Currently, I'm (kind of) simulating this as follows

AddToFunc Terminer	I Exec sh -c \
"rsh tag gnudoit \'\(hf-save-all-and-terminate\)\'; exec xlogo"
+			I Wait xlogo
+			I Quit

(The first line has been broken for readability in this mail. In my
.fvwm2rc it's not.)

Does the following qualify as a bug?

Place the pointer in the root window. Transfer focus to an xterm using
a keystroke. Iconify xterm using keystroke (Style NoIcon). Fvwm does
not appear to accept *any* keystrokes until I've moved the pointer
(using the mouse since nothing else works) into some window.

This does not happen if the pointer is inside the xterm when you
iconify.

Håvard Fosseng

Håvard Fosseng       S'il fallait tolérer aux autres tout ce qu'on se permet á
USIT                 soi-même, la vie ne serait plus tenable.
University of Oslo                      -- Georges Courteline
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].