Subject: FVWM: Delays

From: Kent Vander Velden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 05:09:17 CDT

When I click on the title bar of a window the pointer changes to a
circle and there seems to be a strange delay of perhaps 1.5 seconds
before I can really do anything.  I have had this problem with all the
versions of fvwm that I can remember as well as v2.0.43.  Does someone
know of a way to remove this delay? 

  Please send me mail since I am not subscribed to this list.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 1996 11:23:53 +0200

>>>>> Kent Vander Velden writes:

  Kent> When I click on the title bar of a window the pointer changes
  Kent> to a circle and there seems to be a strange delay of perhaps
  Kent> 1.5 seconds before I can really do anything.

This is the time that Fvwm waits to see if you're doing a double
click.  Just move the mouse a couple of pixels and you'll see that
Fvwm doesn't wait any longer.

You can set this time from your .fvwm(2)rc file, I think it's the
ClickTime parameter.

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.