Subject: FVWM: FVwm bugs/ideas

From: Tim Hockin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:51:47 -0500 (CDT)

I am not on the list, so PLEASE cc: me any followups..I just am on too 
many lists....

1. Bug?  Fvwm2 2.0.43 FvwmAudio Startup plays my Shutdown sound!?!?!
	everytime I start up X I get my PC saying 'goodbye'

2. quoted from TO_DO
  - Grid the icon box areas?  Add better overall icon handling options?
    Make an optional global free icon placement grid?

FABULOUS idea.  I liek that a lot.  This is one feature of IRIX I really 
like.

  - More controll over icon appearance (non 3D, fg/bg colors, etc)?

Another FABULOUS idea.  I hate the fact that when an icon gets focus teh 
3d-border around it lights up. All my icons already have a 3d-border ;)

I am beginning work on a style option that will emulate SGI's IRIX 
handling of Icons.  
	All icons will be uniform in size and shape
	All icons will have a uniform border(based on teh active window color?)
	All icons will align to a grid (I hope someone does this before me ;)
	Icon titles will behave more liek SGI..

just a few things I like about SGI that I would liek to see as an option 
in fvwm..

Also maybe a CDE-like frontpanel Module?  CDE for linus has been 'in the 
works' for a long time...I personally like front-panel and think if fvwm 
beats whoever to it, great!

again..
please CC me messages... ;)

-- 
[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------
Cold, adj.:
	When the politicians walk around with their hands in their own
pockets.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].