Subject: FVWM: restarting fvwm

From: picmatic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:06:42 +0200

Good morning.
I'm preparing a machine runnning over X11 with fvwm window manager, and 
I have some problems:
My computer will run a demo an during it's ejecution I need to have the 
keyboard and the mouse disabled. One solution I thought about is:
When the computer comes into Demo-Mode, just change the system.fvwmrc 
with another one which I has previously prepared to disable all 
keyStrokes and all mouse events. But the problem is that I have to 
restart fvwm and I don't know how to do this.

Could anybody tell me how can I do?
I will thaks you if you tell me that there is a better way to solve my 
problem with the Demo-Mode.

Thanks.
Alex Rojo
---------

P.D: Forgive my poor english. I hope you can understand what I mean.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Markus Gutschke <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jun 1996 19:38:07 +0200

picmatic <[email-masked]> writes:
> Good morning.  I'm preparing a machine runnning over X11 with fvwm
> window manager, and I have some problems: My computer will run a demo
> an during it's ejecution I need to have the keyboard and the mouse
> disabled. One solution I thought about is: When the computer comes
> into Demo-Mode, just change the system.fvwmrc with another one which I
> has previously prepared to disable all keyStrokes and all mouse
> events. But the problem is that I have to restart fvwm and I don't
> know how to do this.

Check if "man XGrabKeyboard" and "man XGrabPointer" provides the
information, you need...

Markus