Subject: FVWM: New user...installation and/or config troubles

From: Steve Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 14:54:19 -0400

Hey folks,
	I've just installed fvwm 2.0.42 on an HP9000/720 workstation
running HP-UX 9.05 with X11R5 and XPM 3.4g.  I was able to build
it with no problems, but I'm experiencing some strange behavior
while testing it.  I'm using the .fvwmrc file that was provided
by Richard L. Brownrigg in the April 1996 issue of SysAdmin magazine
(I'm not going to include it all here, but I can if it will help).
Anyway, these are the first three lines of the file...

PixmapPath $HOME/images/pixmaps:/usr/local/X11R5/include/X11/pixmaps
IconPath   $HOME/images/bitmaps:/usr/local/X11R5/include/X11/bitmaps
ModulePath /usr/local/X11R5/lib/X11/fvwm

...and later on in the file...

ColormapFocus  FollowsMouse

...then when I start up fvwm, I get these errors...

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/local/X11R5/lib/X11/fvwm PixmapPath
[FVWM][SetColormapFocus]: <<ERROR>> ColormapFocus requires 1 arg: FollowsFocus or FollowsMouse

/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected

...and I am thoroughly baffled.  Why does it think that PixmapPath is a
module instead of a builtin command?  There's no * in front of the name.
Also, I do have a correct argument to ColormapFocus.  AND...I have no
idea where it's getting that unexpected EOF...there's not one in the
.fvwmrc file, anyway.  Can anyone offer any advice here and earn my
eternal gratitude?  Thanks!

Steve Gilbert	Internet: [email-masked]
System Administrator, Department of Computer Science
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].