Subject: FVWM: Strange interaction with unclutter

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jun 1996 13:16:45 +0200

Hi there,

I use unclutter which after a period of not moving the mouse makes the
mouse pointer invisible.  Before I used it, it always seemed that my
mouse pointer was obscuring exactly that part of my xterm where I
wanted to type :-|

Anyway, I have discovered an interaction between keybindings and
unclutter:

IF unclutter has made the mouse pointer invisible
AND the mouse pointer is on the frame of a window
THEN key bindings don't work.

To illustrate: in .fvwm2rc I have

    Key m A 3 WindowList

which lets me hit Alt-m to get the Window list in any context.  If the
mouse pointer is invisible and if it is on the frame of a window,
Alt-m gets passed thru to the application.  This happens with 2.0.42
on Debian Linux as well as SunOS 4.1.4 (MIT X11R6).

When the mouse pointer is visible or if it is invisible but within a
window, everything is just dandy.

Strange, strange.

Have you got any ideas?

tia,
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].