Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconBox

From: Barry D Benowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:07 -0400 (EDT)

Forgive a newbie question, but I've been through the man pages
several times and I can't get the behavior I want. I'm using the
2.0.42 package.

I can't figure out the appropriate settings for FvwmIconBox so that my
iconized functions are click-able from that module. To describe in
more detail, so you can know if what a want is appropriate with that
tool: When I iconize a frame, I want it to appear in the Iconbox. I'd
like to click on it in the IconBox to to de-iconify. My config file is
called .fvwm2rc.

would someone mind sending me some sample settings so I can play with
them?

Thanks in advance:

-- 
Barry D. Benowitz - FAQ maintainer for alt.lefthanders
Email:[email-masked] 
Phone:+1 609 866 1000 x354
Snail:Securicor Telesciences Inc, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ, 08057-1177
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jonathan Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

> like to click on it in the IconBox to to de-iconify. My config file is

	This won't help with the icon box, but might be a better solution 
to what your looking for: FVWMIconMan. It is a TWM-like icon manager 
module that hangs out in your screen. You can click on it to (de)iconify
a window and setup some other neat programmable functions. (One of mine 
is to click w/ mouse 2 on the icon manager and have the focus warped to 
the window selected. 3 functions can be bound, 1 to each mouse key, one 
of which is usuallly (de)iconify). If you havn't seen/heard of the icon 
manager, I'd say try it out....It is very flexible and sounds like it 
might be best suited for what you want to do. (I also think it looks 
better than the icon box or the screen icons)

Brady Montz, the author, puts it on-line at ftp://mahler.cs.arizona.edu/pub.

Jon Watson
*-------------------------------------------*-------------------------------*
| The MITRE Corporation			    | Northeastern University       |
| D086 Advanced Systems - Signal Processing | Boston,  Mass., USA.	    |
| Bedford, Mass., USA.		  	    | College of Engineering (EE)   |
|        [email-masked]	 	    |    [email-masked]  |
*-------------------------------------------*-------------------------------*