Subject: FVWM: Looking for a mouseless way to switch between screens. Part 2

From: Jim Barbour <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 96 20:17:29 MDT

Hi,

Last week, I posted a question asking for a mouseless way to switch
among screens.  From the responses I got back, i was clear to me that I
totally botched the question :-(  So, please allow me to try again.

I understand how to jump between desktops, and among pages within a
desktop.  What I'm looking for, is a way to jump between screens in a
multi-screen environment.

when fvwm comes up, it shows me 2 desktop 0s, one in each screen.  I
was hoping there was either a direct way to jump between screens, or a
way to assign desktop 0 to display :0.0 and desktop 1 to screen :0.1,
or a way to assign pages within a desktop to each screen, or...

Anyway, anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Barbour				NOAA/ERL/FSL/SDD
[email-masked]			325 Broadway
Voice:(303) 497-5262			R/E/FS4
FAX:  (303) 497-7256			Boulder, Co. 80303
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 96 11:21:28 +0200

>>>>> Jim Barbour writes:

J> Hi,
J> Last week, I posted a question asking for a mouseless way to switch
J> among screens.  From the responses I got back, i was clear to me that I
J> totally botched the question :-(  So, please allow me to try again.

J> I understand how to jump between desktops, and among pages within a
J> desktop.  What I'm looking for, is a way to jump between screens in a
J> multi-screen environment.

oops. Everyone thought you meant pages. :-)

J> when fvwm comes up, it shows me 2 desktop 0s, one in each screen.  I
J> was hoping there was either a direct way to jump between screens, or a
J> way to assign desktop 0 to display :0.0 and desktop 1 to screen :0.1,
J> or a way to assign pages within a desktop to each screen, or...

So we're in for a GotoDisplay feature request.
Now this is the 3rd dimension in the Goto hierarchy:

	Goto ({ Absolute | Relative } { Display | Desk | Page })+

and the 4th dimension in the positioning hierarchy
(if we don't count the internet address components - domain/host):

	Display Desk Page Geometry

J> Anyway, anybody got any ideas?
Chuck?

who implemented the new Goto and StartsOn syntax?

cheers,
albrecht
-- 
And now this is the day you fall
Upon my waking eyes			|  And no one sings me lullabies
Inviting and inciting me to rise	|  And no one makes me close my eyes
					|  So I throw the windows wide
And through the window in the wall	|  And crawl to you across the sky
Comes streamin in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning			-- Pink Floyd, "Echoes"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].