Subject: FVWM: lost key bindings

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:06:58 -0500 (CDT)

hi, all

i've run into a problem which must be fvwm related.  occasionally, after
running for a while ( > 2hours or so), fvwm loses all my key bindings
somehow. any keystroke is no longer captured for use, such as to change
screens, etc.  doing a Restart and/or an explicit Read of the config file
doesn't fix the problem either.  mouse bindings are kept, though.  i
couldn't find anything in the BUGS list on this, nor in the man pages.

this is with fvwm v2pl42, under linux (v1.3.100, elf) and XFree 3.1.2E

thanks in advance, greg

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** 
greg haygood          	
[email-masked]  
http://bsdac.uchicago.edu/~g-haygood/ 

Solo to Jordan and Bird: "Watch this: Off the skiff, into the air, off 
the sail barge, into the Sarlaac...nothing but Fett."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 09:58 BST

> couldn't find anything in the BUGS list on this, nor in the man pages.

Is your NumLock turned on by any chance?

Austin

---

From: Todd Tyrone Fries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 04:24:16 -0500 (CDT)

I was without a mouse for a bit yesterday, and I noticed this as well.  The
solution for me at lest was to start an rxvt from the command line and then
hope it would fall under the pointer, which would then restore the
'keybindings' to the mouse.

I have been trying out a new mail program, 'ml', and it seems that this
happens quite frequently when I have my disks thrashing, and an drop-down
dialog box tries to grab the cursor while at the same time I'm moving the
cursor out of the window.   'ml' gives an error message  about being unable
to capture the cursor or something.

More pieces to a puzzle.  This help anyone?

--
Todd Fries .. [email-masked] .. [email-masked] .. [email-masked]

---

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:45:18 -0500 (CDT)

> Is your NumLock turned on by any chance?

hmmmmm,  well, turning it on produces the same behavior.  i've never seen
all the function and arrow keys react to the state of the NumLock key,
though.  interesting....

i'll let you know if it happens randomly again.  but if that was the fix,
thanks!  

greg