Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons problem...

From: Jason Lingohr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:07:49 +1000 (EST)

I just finished compiling and installing Fvwm:

Fvwm Version 2.0.39 compiled on Jun 14 1996 at 10:33:44

I'm having troubles getting xterms to come up -- everything else works 
fine (for instance, Netscape).  I keep getting this error:

xterm: Error 14, errno 22: Invalid argument

If I run xterms manually (ie. from a shell prompt) they run fine.

Here's my .fvwmrc line:

*FvwmButtons XTerm    xterm-sol.xpm    Exec "XTerm" xterm &

I've tried different variations on this, including with more arguments, 
with and without single quotes, with and without ampersands, fully 
pathed, no different.

I also tried a truss on it, nothing flash showed up.

Any ideas anyone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Lingohr                            Frankston Monash Yoyo Administration
[email-masked]                       B.Comp(Inf. Sys.) student
http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~lingman             Internet Systems Consultant
Mobile: +61-(0)411-46-9939         IT Consultant with Cybersource Pty Limited 
            IT Journalist -- LAN Magazine Australia/New Zealand
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jun 1996 00:53:25 -0500

>>>>> "JL" == Jason Lingohr <[email-masked]> writes:

JL> I just finished compiling and installing Fvwm:

JL> Fvwm Version 2.0.39 compiled on Jun 14 1996 at 10:33:44

Sorry to disappoint you, but you should go to the source
(ftp.hpc.uh.edu:/pub/fvwm/version-2) and get 2.0.42.  I can't say that it
will fix your problem, but FVWMButtons was completely rewritten since
2.0.39 and it really helps everyone if we're all at the same code base when
tracking down bugs.

 - J<