Subject: FVWM: photo quality icons

From: Kevin Werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 20:49:47 -0400

I saw some icons somewhere that were "photo quality".
Ex: the terminal icon looked more like a photo of a
workstation than a paintbrush file.

Please send me an email if you know where I can 
these icons (I'm no longer on the list because most 
of the discussions have been regarding fvwm2, we only 
have 1.24 where I work).

Thanks,
Kevin

-- 

       Kevin Werner              http://www.holli.com/~kwerner 
  mailto:[email-masked]       http://www.holli.com/~xeno
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Neswold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:04:53 -0500 (CDT)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

> of the discussions have been regarding fvwm2, we only 

Post the location of these icons, as well. I'm interested, too.

  Rich

 ========================================================================
  Richard Neswold, Accelerator Div./Controls Dept |     [email-masked]
  Fermilab, PO Box 500, MS 347, Batavia, IL 60510 | voice (630) 840-3454
  'finger [email-masked]' for PGP key     |   fax (630) 840-3093

---

From: Wayne Dyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:24:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm relatively new to the list & have been lurking about for a while.
But, it just so happens I've been icon-hunting myself.

I've been ripping off icons left and right. :-)  Before trying fvwm
2.0.42, I tried fvwm95, but decided it was too little of a change to
bother right now.  But, I like their mini-icons for menus.

It can be found at: ftp://mitac11.uia.ac.be/pub/fvwm95-2.0.41f.tgz
or on the web site at: http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/~barth/fvwm95.html

I've also played around with AfterStep, and I'm using quite a few icons
snagged from there.  The web page is located at:

  http://woodward-52.rh.uchicago.edu/~frank/afterstep/

Although, I haven't been able to get through lately.  I seem to recall
there's a few icons available through the web page and a link to more
photo-like icons.

I've also done some icon-hunting through the Yahoo icon page.  Although
most of the emphasis is on WWW-oriented stuff, there's some interesting
things to be found if you're persistent:

  http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/World_Wide_Web/
  Programming/Icons/

One day I'd like to compile all of my favorites with proper credits and
offer them for distribution.  If/when I do that, I'll post here.

---

From: Wayne Dyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:04:08 -0700 (PDT)

Correction:

The proper URL for the AfterStep homepage is:

http://mango.sfasu.edu/~frank/afterstep/

The bit about icons is at:

http://mango.sfasu.edu/~frank/afterstep/icons.html