Subject: FVWM: Compiling FVWM on DEC Unix (OSF1) V3.2C X11/xpm.h missing help

From: "Todd A. Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 07:49:02 -0500

I surfed the net and came upon FVWM and it looks like it is worth a try.

The problem I had during compilation is the lack of X11/xpm.h include file.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem and is there a work around.

I like Motif but FVWM adds that extra touch I suspect.

Thanks in advance.

BTW FVWM Version 2.0.42

# make
making all in ./libs...
make[1]: Entering directory `/apps/fvwm-2.0.42/libs'
cc  -O2 -Olimit 2000    -I. -I/libs    -DDEC -DR5_XLIB -DSMT  -DFUNCPROTO=3
-DSHAPE -DPIXMAP_BUTTONS -DXPM    -c Picture.c -o Picture.o
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: Picture.c: 33: Cannot open file X11/xpm.h for
#include
make[1]: *** [Picture.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/apps/fvwm-2.0.42/libs'

-- 
=======================================================================
   CCCCC     Todd A. Wood                [email-masked]     
 CC          Senior Systems Analyst      Cummins Engine Company, Inc.  
 CC ummins   Corporate CIM Team          500 Jackson Street, MC 60202  
 CC          Manufacturing Engineering   Columbus, IN  47201           
   CCCCC                                 812-377-4637                  
=======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 10:48 EST

>>>>> "TAW" == "Todd A Wood" <[email-masked]> wrote:

TAW> I surfed the net and came upon FVWM and it looks like it is worth
TAW> a try.  The problem I had during compilation is the lack of
TAW> X11/xpm.h include file.

TAW> Has anyone else encountered the same problem and is there a work
TAW> around.

It's not a problem. You must have the XPM library if you want XPM
support. 

All that is (very well) explained in the README/INSTALL etc. It's good
practice, and also polite, to read the manuals (AT LEAST THE READMEs)
before putting something to a larger audience.

Kind regards, Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].