Subject: FVWM: window off desktop--want it back

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Magill)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 16:19:32 PDT

Sometimes one of my windows just doesn't seem to be visible anymore.
This usually happens after I've dragged a window across pages using the
little pager module.

It still shows on my winlist, but I select it off the win list and my
mouse just warps to the top of the page where there's nothing.

What's the easiest way to get it back?  I've had to just kill the
application and it's a pain because it takes a long time to load,
again.

Jeff
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kenneth Kai-Baun Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Jeff Magill wrote:

-*> Sometimes one of my windows just doesn't seem to be visible anymore.
-*> This usually happens after I've dragged a window across pages using the
-*> little pager module.
-*>
-*> It still shows on my winlist, but I select it off the win list and my
-*> mouse just warps to the top of the page where there's nothing.

I've had this happen before.  After your mouse warps to the top of the
screen, hit alt-F5, or whatever keystroke is bound to "Move".  The window
will now be in 'move' mode, and you can drag it back down from never-never
land with the mouse.

Hope this helps :)

Have a Nice Day! ^_^

    O      \ O             \ /      \ /      \ /             O /      O
   -+-      +     \  |      \ /      |      \ /      |  /     +      -+-
    |      / \     --+O      +       +       +      O+--     / \      |
   / \    / \     /  |      / O     /O\     O \      |  \     / \    / \
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   Kenneth Kai-Baun Ma                          [email-masked]
                 http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kaibaun/
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-[Quote of the Day]+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
	Remember, that time is money.
				- Benjamin Franklin
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+