Subject: FVWM: Creeping FvwmWinList

From: Neale Pickett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 01:52 MDT

I found this, I think, right after Rob decided to stop maintaining
FVWM.  The FvwmWinList creeps across the screen as you add and
remove entries to it.  (Try opening 15 copies of "xlogo" with it
if you don't understand what I mean).

The fix is simple.  Here's the diff against a 1.24r version of FVWM.
Since the problem is still in FVWM2, I assume the code for this
module hasn't changed much.

janus:1 zephyr ~/fvwm-1.24r/modules/FvwmWinList% diff FvwmWinList.c.old FvwmWinList.c
543c543
<       XMoveResizeWindow(dpy,win,win_x+win_border,win_y+win_title+win_border,
---
>       XMoveResizeWindow(dpy,win,win_x+win_border-1,win_y+win_title+win_border-1,

And that's all there is to it.  You could probably even pipe this in to
patch on whatever modified version of FvwmWinList you have and it would
figure out how to fix it.

I like to turn off icons altogether and keep the WinList open all the
time, so you can see how this creeping might get a tad annoying :-)
While I've got everyone's attention, I wonder if the hard-coded feature
of typing "q" in the window to make it exit could be turned into a
configurable option.

In any case, thanks for continuing to update the package.  FVWM is a
Very Good Thing.

-- 
Neale Pickett <[email-masked]>

I'm at home now; sorry, no witty signature ;-)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].