Subject: FVWM: FvwmTalk not executing commands?

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jun 1996 15:36:44 +0200

Hi there,

I added the following line to .fvwm2rc:

    Key w A 3 Next [grossjoh@charly] Function GoThere

I then wanted to get this without restarting Fvwm, so I started
FvwmTalk and entered the very same line.

Sadly, nothing happened -- the keybinding was not recognized.
Restarting Fvwm did the trick, so I know the line must have been OK.
I don't think that I mistyped the line -- I was really careful.

What's the story?

tia,
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 11:37:59 +0200

>>>>> Kai Grossjohann writes:

K> Hi there,

K> I added the following line to .fvwm2rc:

K>     Key w A 3 Next [grossjoh@charly] Function GoThere

K> I then wanted to get this without restarting Fvwm, so I started
K> FvwmTalk and entered the very same line.

K> Sadly, nothing happened -- the keybinding was not recognized.
K> Restarting Fvwm did the trick, so I know the line must have been OK.
K> I don't think that I mistyped the line -- I was really careful.

K> What's the story?

could be this is connected to the bug which was reported several times last
week. (keybindings don't take effect, until you do a "recapture all" - a
restart does that :-) )

albrecht
-- 
Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way,
   which one's Pink?						-- Pink Floyd
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jun 1996 13:44:29 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 21 Jun 96 11:37:59 +0200, [email-masked]
>>>>> (Albrecht Kadlec) said:

  Albrecht> could be this is connected to the bug which was reported
  Albrecht> several times last week. (keybindings don't take effect,
  Albrecht> until you do a "recapture all" - a restart does that :-) )

Exactly.  I tried it out, and you're right.

Thanks a lot for the help,
kai