Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager geometry

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 11:20 EST

Hi all,

sorry if this is a known and simple problem, but I couldn't solve it
after reading man, faq, etc.

The problem is that my pager always have the same geometry no matter
how many desktops I have. I have to mention that I have not specified
a fixed geometry for it :-). (Hold on! The relevant settings are
included at the end of this message.)

What I expect is that a pager with 3x2 desktops is 50% wider than a
pager with 2x2 desktops. Seems that FvwmPagerDeskTopScale is not
respected.

Here go the relevant parts of my "~/.fvwm2rc":

######################################################################
### The virtual desktop
## DeskTopSize 2x2
DeskTopSize 3x2
EdgeResistance 750 50
EdgeScroll 100 100
######################################################################

######################################################################
### The pager
*FvwmPagerBack #908090
*FvwmPagerFore #484048
*FvwmPagerFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmPagerHilight #cab3ca
*FvwmPagerGeometry +0-0
*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Fvwm
*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 50
*FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x8
######################################################################

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Henrique Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 13:43:47 -0700

> how many desktops I have. 

> pager with 2x2 desktops. Seems that FvwmPagerDeskTopScale is not

  This has been like this since 2.x, and yet to be resolved. Chuck at one
  point claimed he was going to take a look at it, probably on a private
  e-mail. You'll have to full around with the geometry settings until you
  get it "right."

  I've started to fix this several times, but never finished it. The way it
  works is that the pager is initialized for a 3x3 desktop (hardcoded), and
  at that time the scale, if no dimension were given in the geometry
  string, takes effect. Only after this are the real dimensions of the
  desktop gotten from fvwm and the pager redrawn, but within the current
  geometry of the pager, i.e. no attention is given to scale at that point.

  (This was typed without going back and look at the code, but I think it
  is correct.)

  -- Henrique ([email-masked])