Subject: FVWM: Re: bug in 2.0.42

From: Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:54:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Dan Calle wrote:

> Apologies if this bug is listed somewhere, I looked in all the usual
> places and couldn't find it.
> 
> Problem:
> If I do something to take the xterm binary out of RAM and then log in,
> running the .xsession described above, that first xterm will not get
> *any* style attributes, not those specifically for xterms nor those
> for "*".  It's the wrong color, isn't SloppyFocused, the borders are
> too thick, etc.  Any other xterms, either the second one run from my
> .xsession or those run from fvwm or a command line, get all the style
> attributes correctly.  And if I restart fvwm, the first one will
> suddenly get all the right attributes.  This makes me think it's a
> timing problem related to the order the .xsession processes finish in.
> 

I have the same problem, but with FvwmCpp. My .xsession basically
consists of some xrdb's followed by:

rxvt &
exec fvwm -f "/usr/lib/X11/fvwm/FvwmCpp -Cppopt -DCHUTNEY -Cppprog
  /lib/cpp .fvwm2rc~

And I know it is a timing problem, because I tried changing the first line
above to:

(sleep 1; rxvt) &

And rxvt gets the correct attributes.

OS: Red Hat 3.0.3 (Linux 1.2.13)
X11R6 (Xfree86 3.1.2 with Accelerated X 1.2)
fvwm 2.0.42
No special #defines

my fvwmrc can be accessed at http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/fvwm2rc

________________________________________________________________________
Manoj Kasichainula - [email-masked] | "It never hurts to help!"
http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/           |  - Eek the Cat just
Finger for PGP public key & Geek Code      |  before something painful

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].