Subject: FVWM: Questions (1.24r)

From: Morgan Fletcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 20:06:24 -0700

I seem to be different from most of the people on this list, in that:

  o I run 1.24r instead of 2.X
  o I don't know what I'm talking about.

That said, here's some questions about / problems with FVWM 1.24r that I'd
appreciate some advice on:

  1. I set up ImageMagick 3.7.3's `display` program to be part of a popup:

	Exec	"ImageMagick"			exec display &

     ...but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I've tried adding the
     full path to the executable, but it makes no difference. I can launch
     it fine from an xterm.

  2. Is it possible to have different foreground/background colors for
     specific window, via the Styles section? I do this for a window which
     contains a "root" command line:

       Style "God"		Icon bob2sml.xpm, Color red/black

     ...which sets the colors only when the window's not got the focus. I'd
     like for it to have a different set of colors when it's got the focus,
     too. (One more reminder that I'm executing commands as root, and not a
     normal user.)
     
morgan  
-- 
/////////////////////////////////////
// M o r g a n   F l e t c h e r   //
// [email-masked]               //
// http://www.hahaha.org           //
/////////////////////////////////////

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].