Subject: FVWM: Stupid X programs

From: "Brian E. Gallew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 08:59:04 -0400 (EDT)

I seem to remember a thread a while back about fvwm (and a couple of other
window managers) tickling bugs in various X programs such that they segfault'ed
when bringing up new windows (sometimes).  Well, I've found such a program
(Simeon, by Esys).  It's happy as a clam under twm/mwm, but fvwm just crashes
it (for instance, bringing up the Compose window *always* kills it off).

Does anybody remember if there was a fix (either for the offending program, or
for fvwm)?  If it helps at all,  Simeon is really just a giant Tk/Tcl program
that has had tcltoc run on it (although Esys probably wouldn't admit it).  For
some reason, I've got vague recollections of ICCM-compliance being mentioned in
relation to this thread.

=====================================================================
| Please do not shoot at the thermonuclear weapons! -- Deacon     |
=====================================================================
| Finger [email-masked] for my public key.                            |
=====================================================================

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].