Subject: FVWM: overlays for popups ?

From: Frederic Devernay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 19:24:36 +0200

Hello,
Could Fvwm use overlay planes (supported by HP, SGI, IBM, DEC) whenever
available for menus and the "window location" window ?
SGIs don't have saveunders, so the fvwm menus slow down screen refresh a
lot. Using overlays would be the best way to avoid this.
If somebody volunteers for adding overlay support but needs some example
code, I think a good implementation can be found in the latest Mesa 3D
library (ftp://iris.ssec.wisc.edu/tmp/Mesa-1.2.8beta.tar.gz and
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Mesa.html).

fred
--
http://www.inria.fr/robotvis/personnel/devernay/
Projet ROBOTVIS -- INRIA Sophia Antipolis -- FRANCE
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].