Subject: FVWM: CurrentScreen bug?

From: Dan Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 09:32:20 -0500

Using 'Next [CurrentScreen] Focus' will select windows on another desk,
but on the same virtual page number.  It seems to me that CurrentScreen
should only select windows in the current view port (ie screen).  What
CurrentScreen does should probably be called CurrentPage.

Then you would have:

	CurrentScreen (only windows you can see)
	CurrentPage (only windows on the same virtual page number)
	CurrentDesk (only windows on the current virtual desktop)

What does everyone else think?  Change CurrentScreen and add CurrentPage?

Dan Niles
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:06:45 -0400

I had the same confusion and agree with your suggested changes.
However, in case haven't already figured it out (you didn't say) you
can get the behavior you want by doing

Next [CurrentScreen CurrentDesk] Focus

Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]