Subject: FVWM: v2.0.42: Total lockup on startup.

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Tue, 21 May 96 19:41 EST

Hellow all,

I've tried to make fvwm-2.0.4[12] work on our HPs 715/50, running
"HP-UX gluon A.09.07 A 9000/715".

I compiled it using gcc version 2.7.2

The HP ANSI C compiler (HP92453-01 A.09.34 HP C Compiler) fails with
some errors.

The compilation using gcc goes just fine.

In order to test, I copied the sample fvwmrc2 to ~/.fvwmrc2 and start
stock X11R6.1 from MIT, exit twm and start fvwm2 from a xterm. Nothing
happens and the machine is apparently locked. Have to kill the X
server.

A diferent thing occurs if I already start X with fvwm2 as my window
manager. Then fvwm2 starts, the window frames are there, but no menus,
no buttons, no nothing. And my ~/.fvwmrc2 *is* there.

Any hint? Has anyone got fvwm-2.0.4[12] compiled using HPUX 9/gcc/HP C?

I'm sorry to say that I'm not subscribed to this list (yet), so please
drop me a mail.

Thanks for your time.

Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gleb Arshinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 16:42:23 -0700 (PDT)

>>>>> "Emilio" == Emilio Lopes <[email-masked]> writes:

    Emilio> In order to test, I copied the sample fvwmrc2 to
    Emilio> ~/.fvwmrc2 and start stock X11R6.1 from MIT, exit twm and
    Emilio> start fvwm2 from a xterm. Nothing happens and the machine
    Emilio> is apparently locked. Have to kill the X server.

    Emilio> A diferent thing occurs if I already start X with fvwm2 as
    Emilio> my window manager. Then fvwm2 starts, the window frames
    Emilio> are there, but no menus, no buttons, no nothing. And my
    Emilio> ~/.fvwmrc2 *is* there.

Ahm, make it ~/.fvwm2rc, it should work :-)

Gleb

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 18:57 EST

>>>>> "glebster" == Gleb Arshinov <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>>> "Emilio" == Emilio Lopes <[email-masked]> writes:

Emilio> In order to test, I copied the sample fvwmrc2 to ~/.fvwmrc2
Emilio> and start stock X11R6.1 from MIT, exit twm and start fvwm2
Emilio> from a xterm. Nothing happens and the machine is apparently
Emilio> locked. Have to kill the X server.

Emilio> A diferent thing occurs if I already start X with fvwm2 as my
Emilio> window manager. Then fvwm2 starts, the window frames are
Emilio> there, but no menus, no buttons, no nothing. And my ~/.fvwmrc2
Emilio> *is* there.

glebster> Ahm, make it ~/.fvwm2rc, it should work :-)

Arrrg! I'm stupid or what? 

I mved it to ~/.fvwm2rc and it's working now. Thanks to Gleb and all
that replyed.

(BTW, Supercite is great, isn't it?)

glebster> Gleb

Emilio.

---

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 19:05:21 -0400

>>>>> "EL" == Emilio Lopes <[email-masked]> writes:

    EL> (BTW, Supercite is great, isn't it?)

<blush>

:-)