Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.42 XPM problem

From: Kim Lassila <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 21:28:06 +0300 (EET DST)

I am having problems getting fvwm-2.0.42 to work. I untar the distribution,
check the Fvwm.tmpl without doing modifications, type MakeMakefiles and make
and it compiles fine (only thing it complains about is not finding
readline/readline.h while doing makedep in FvwmConsole directory). Then I do
'make install'. Then, when I try to start X and the new fvwm2 with my own
.fvwm2rc, it loads a while and then shuts down X and returns to console with
no error message. With the supplied system.fvwm2rc it doesn't do this. I
have found the reason: Fvwm works and doesn't crash if the config file 
doesn't
use any of the functions that handle with XPM's. FvwmButtons doesn't work
either (because of the same reason obviously). My system is Linux 1.3.66
and XFree v3.1.2 and I _do_ have /usr/X11/lib/libXpm.so.4.7

Is my libXpm too old or why doesn't it work?
fvwm 2.0.41 worked 100% fine!

  - ---- --------------------------------------------------- ---- -- -
 .       |\      _,,,---,,_       Kim Lassila    a.k.a   _/ .  _//    .
 . ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ Juhannuskatu 18         (  )|\( />'   .
 :      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'  20300 Turku           _)/_'-\)(     :
 |     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)        -FiNLAND-           '      '       |
 |     ...studying Computer Science at the University of Turku...     |
 `-----------------------> [email-masked] \/ [email-masked] <--'

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Leeman Strout <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 17:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I've been trying to customize the iconbox, and found a couple 
things that don't seem to be working.

they are:
*FvwmIconBoxSBWidth     2
*FvwmIconBoxFrameWidth  2 2

No matter what I do to change these, nothing in the IconBox seems to 
change.  =(   Is this a known problem and is there a fix?  *grin*

This is 2.0.42 running on Linux kernel 1.2.13 and Accelerated-X 1.3
(any other info needed?  =)

Later,
Leeman Strout
[email-masked]