Subject: Re: FVWM: 1.24r -> 2.0.42 upgrade woes

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 6 May 96 09:02:55 +0200

>>>>> Barry A Warsaw writes:

>>>>> "A" == Albrecht Kadlec <[email-masked]> writes:

A> does it make sense to have C-c or C-d kill fvwm, if there is no
A> more client?  (so even if the focus is on a stack of xbiffs /
A> other useless windows, and you've no xterm or xemacs :-), you
A> could exit/logout by repeatedly pressing C-d or C-c or sth like
A> that.

B> Alt-Shift-Del ?? :-)
just leaves dots in my xterms. :-)

or did you mean Ctrl-Alt-Del, that's for wheemsy PC's,
I'm on a sun, and the tiny little thing crashes suffers a lot,
when I press Shift-L1-A

It's just a nice thing to be able to kill the session really fast.
And a standard Unix user always tries  Ctrl-d and then Ctrl-c.

cheers,
albrecht
-- 
Time keeps everything from happening at one time.
Space keeps everything from happening to YOU.	-- unknown
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 09:07:28 -0400

B> Alt-Shift-Del ?? :-)

A> just leaves dots in my xterms. :-)

A> or did you mean Ctrl-Alt-Del, that's for wheemsy PC's,

I think Barry actually meant Alt-Ctrl-Backspace, which I believe is a
standard keystroke to kill the X server, unless the X server is
started w/ a parameter telling it otherwise (-T, I believe).

Unless of course I'm wrong and this isn't a standard...  I know this
works under AIX (although I don't often use it).  I'll have to try it
under Linux when I get home.

A> I'm on a sun, and the tiny little thing crashes suffers a lot,
A> when I press Shift-L1-A

A> It's just a nice thing to be able to kill the session really fast.
A> And a standard Unix user always tries  Ctrl-d and then Ctrl-c.

That's fine for closing an xterm, since the shells recognize that.
You can always bind some key sequence to exit fvwm, but I don't want
to try and keep track of what programs are running and try to decide
that the user really wants to bail out of fvwm.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].