Subject: FVWM: bug :)

From: Chris Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 15:42:12 -0400

I don't know if anyone's seen this one yet because i don't subscribe to
the list.  THe thing is that Fvwm 2 really doesn't like you to set the
style for any window to NoButton 1 (any other button it can live
without, but it really hates to turn off button 1). Specifically, this
was on a 486 intel machine running linux. (1.2.3 .. i'm ashamed, but i
don't have the disk space to compile a new kernel) I really noticed the
problem when i tried to spawn FvwmButtons and FvwmPager (fvwm pager was
set to NoButton 1) in the init function, at that point the focus of any
internal command seemed to be stuck on fvwmpager... (can use FvwmTalk to
test this) so that when i would type, say, iconify, it would iconify the
pager, instead of giving you a cursor to select the item that it's
supposed to perform the operation on.  The real trouble is, not only did
this mess up all of the menu options that i had in the fvwmbuttons
config that called to internal commands, but when i selected something
like "delete" it would exit the window manager :) oh, and it screwed the
menu placement also, basically made everything a big mess.  If anyone
wants to duplicate this and needs more info or a copy of my .fvwmrc or
whatever, ask for it.  so far this is the only major thing i've found
wrong, and i thought it was worth reporting, sorry again if somebody
allready has.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].