Subject: FVWM: problems configuring FvwmButtons

From: Bruno Boettcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 15:14:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I have just switched to fvwm2...

I am trying to integrate the pager in the Buttonbar, the line I made is as
follows:

*FvwmButtons(4x2) - whatever Swallow "FvwmPager" Module FvwmPager 0 0

As I understood this from the man page this should display my pager in a
box 4 times standard icon length and 2 times as high as standard icon.

I have two rows declared, and the pager button is the last button. In this
configuration the pager is drawn in a single height 8xlength box, quite
squashed. It works only if I put the pager as one of the firt items. I find
this a bit odd, since I prefer the pager in the right lower corner (I HAVE
enough buttons to push it there...)

Then some other questions:

the option -update 1 for the xclock does not seem to work...

are there log/error files of fvwm ? Or are the errors only reported in the
.xsession-errors file? If this is the case could it be possible to include
the line number of the offending line?

Is there a simple way to find out the size of the pixmaps used by the
button bar especially which pixmaps determines the size of an icon (and
thus the size of the iconbar)?

I like windows with very small borders, I do not get it managed to reduce
the standard size....

ciao
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Cartwright)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 14:27:28 +0100

> From [email-masked] Wed May 15 14:19:05 1996
> Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 15:14:17 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Bruno Boettcher <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FVWM: problems configuring FvwmButtons
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> X-Majordomo: 1.94-alpha5
> 
> Hello,
> 
If you use a "Container" to put all your buttons is you will effectively have 
a button large enough to override the placement of the Pager as the biggest 
button. That is, assuming you have 2.0.42. The details of how to handle
containers are in the manual page for FvwmButtons.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].