Subject: FVWM: window re-sizing

From: tim werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 15:00:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm running "Fvwm Ver 2.0 pl 32", and have a question about window
re-sizing.

I was looking at the Maximize fundtion, and it only seems able to
re-size a window in terms of percentage of screen size, or in terms of
pixels.  Is there a way to get it to re-size in terms of rows/cols?

Alternatively, is there a way to capture the size before maximizing so
that I can use some title-bar button to return to the original size,
even after multiple re-size ops have taken place?

Right now, I have a button that makes a window half the screen width and
1/3 the screen height, but at the font size I use, 1/2 the screen width
turns out to be 79 cols.  I can obviously change the percentages that
I'm using, but I'd like to be a little more general about the solution
if possible.

thanks,
tw
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].