Subject: FVWM: Re: FocusOnly patch

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 09:12:03 -0700 (MST)

> From [email-masked]  Wed May 15 05:59:53 1996
> Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:59:31 -0400
>
> Brady> The goal is to split the current Focus function into two
> Brady> functions. It's for 2.0.42. Is there any hope of getting
> Brady> something like this put into fvwm?
> 
> Yup - you may have missed it, but I announced to the lists one day
> that it would definitely be in the next beta in some form.  I didn't
> plan to keep the old Focus function around though, I figured I'd make
> it (Focus) just do the focus, and people could use something like to
> following to get the old behavior if they wanted it:

Sorry. I grepped the TO-DO list for focus (grep -i even!) but didn't
find it. 

> Yeah, it's taking forever, but that's how things go sometimes.  I plan
> to make the next beta (2.0.43) be the last beta, and then make the
> following be 2.1.0 after a hopefully real short final cleanup period.

If you put the "Send Module" thing into fvwm in 2.0.43, then please let me
know so that I can crank out an FvwmIconMan that'll use it. If not, no
biggie.

It'll sure be nice to see a released version of fvwm out. Between fvwm,
linux, and vim, I seem to spend most of my time compiling the latest and
greatest betas. 

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 16:06:55 -0400

>>>>> "Brady" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

....
Brady> Sorry. I grepped the TO-DO list for focus (grep -i even!) but didn't
Brady> find it.

I have a local list of stuff that I'm trying to put into the next
release, and it changes a lot.  It's generally comprised of stuff from
the TO-DO list, but not always.

>> following be 2.1.0 after a hopefully real short final cleanup period.

Brady> If you put the "Send Module" thing into fvwm in 2.0.43, then
Brady> please let me know so that I can crank out an FvwmIconMan
Brady> that'll use it. If not, no biggie.

I plan to have that in there as well.  Perhaps I'll notify you & give
you a tar file in advance so your changes can be incorporated as
well...

Brady> It'll sure be nice to see a released version of fvwm out.

Sure will.  Then I can start to tackle some of the bigger items on the
TO-DO list...

Brady> Between fvwm, linux, and vim, I seem to spend most of my time
Brady> compiling the latest and greatest betas.

Ah...life on the bleeding edge.

Chuck