Subject: FVWM: FvwmCpp stops my InitFunction working

From: Ian Thurlbeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 10:04:01 +0100

Dear All

Config: DEC OSF1 3.0b / FVWM 2.0.42

I have a simple start up function thus:

AddToFunc "InitFunction"
+       I Exec xsetroot -solid "#266294"
+       I Module FvwmButtons
+       I exec rxvt -ls
+       I exec netscape -ncols 64

This works fine if its in my .fvwm2rc file.

However, if I put this in a file called .fvwm2cpp, and make my
.fvwm2rc file:

FvwmCpp /home/ian/.fvwm2cpp

Then on a restart (or login/logout), my InitFunction doesn't
operate.  All my Menu/Button/Mouse bindings are OK.  The
RestartFunction doesn't work either.

If I use the -debug option to FvwmCpp, and copy the resulting
processed file from /tmp/fvwmXXXXXX to my .fvwm2rc file and
restart - everything is fine again with my Init/Restart functions!

Any ideas on how to fix this ??

Thanks

Ian

-- 
Ian Thurlbeck
Dept. Statistics and Modelling Science, University of Strathclyde
Livingstone Tower, 26 Richmond Street, Glasgow, G1 1XH
+44 141 552 4400  ext 3667
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].