Subject: FVWM: troubles with Fvwm.tmpl

From: Alan Wild <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 17:27:31 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure if this is a problem with our system configuration or a
problem with the existing setup of Imake.  Unfortunately, I know very
little about the development of Imakefiles.

Anyway. . . . if I set my CFLAGS in Fvwm.tmpl

i.e.

#define FvwmCompiler cc
#define FvwmCompilerFlags +O2 -Ae

The CFLAGS variable in the Makefile gets overwritten and no longer
includes the DEFINES (like -DXPM -DSHAPE, etc).

ANYWAY. . . . I spent all day today trying to figure out why
when I set HasXpm to YES I wasn't getting XPM support.

Does anyone else have this problem or should I inform my system
administrator that there might be a problem with our Imake configuration?

-Alan

-- 
Alan Wild                            [email-masked]       
f/s/c lou95                      http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~triangle/
IT-HSC Consultant                 http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~arwild01
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Thu, 23 May 96 20:32 EST

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Wild <[email-masked]> wrote:

Alan> I'm not sure if this is a problem with our system configuration
Alan> or a problem with the existing setup of Imake.  Unfortunately, I
Alan> know very little about the development of Imakefiles.

Alan> Anyway. . . . if I set my CFLAGS in Fvwm.tmpl

Alan> i.e.

Alan> #define FvwmCompiler cc #define FvwmCompilerFlags +O2 -Ae

Alan> The CFLAGS variable in the Makefile gets overwritten and no
Alan> longer includes the DEFINES (like -DXPM -DSHAPE, etc).

Alan> ANYWAY. . . . I spent all day today trying to figure out why
Alan> when I set HasXpm to YES I wasn't getting XPM support.

Alan> Does anyone else have this problem or should I inform my system
Alan> administrator that there might be a problem with our Imake
Alan> configuration?

That's funny. I've just sent a mail to the list reporting this
problem. 

Exactly the same problem.

We have here HP's 715/50 running HP-UX 9.07 and MIT X11R6.1 (including
Imake).

Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 23:25:05 -0400

>>>>> "All perform backflips at the words of the awe-inspiring Emilio Lopes!"
    Alan> I'm not sure if this is a problem with our system
    Alan> configuration or a problem with the existing setup of Imake.
    Alan> Unfortunately, I know very little about the development of
    Alan> Imakefiles.
    Alan> Anyway. . . . if I set my CFLAGS in Fvwm.tmpl

    Alan> Does anyone else have this problem or should I inform my
    Alan> system administrator that there might be a problem with our
    Alan> Imake configuration?

    Emilio> That's funny. I've just sent a mail to the list reporting
    Emilio> this problem.

This is a known problem when setting compiler flags and Chuck said he
fixed it a while ago [for next release].  Search for CFLAGS in
Fvwm.tmpl and change it to CDEBUGFLAGS and you will be fine.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].