Subject: FVWM: Re: FocusOnly patch

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:59:31 -0400

>>>>> "Brady" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

Brady> Here's the FocusOnly patch I sent to the mailing list about a
Brady> month back.  Seems to work fine on my machine, but I'm not sure
Brady> exactly how well it'll work in a ClickToFocus environment.

ClickToFocus windows already don't warp the pointer with the Focus
function, so it shouldn't be too different.

Brady> The goal is to split the current Focus function into two
Brady> functions. It's for 2.0.42. Is there any hope of getting
Brady> something like this put into fvwm?

Yup - you may have missed it, but I announced to the lists one day
that it would definitely be in the next beta in some form.  I didn't
plan to keep the old Focus function around though, I figured I'd make
it (Focus) just do the focus, and people could use something like to
following to get the old behavior if they wanted it:

  AddToFunc FocusAndWarp "I" Focus $w
  +                      "I" WarpToWindow $w 2p 2p

I'll probably put something like that in the sample rc file as well.

Brady> I don't know how close you are to wanting to freeze the code
Brady> for eventual release - fvwm2 is starting to smell like a
Brady> program that could be in beta forever.

Yeah, it's taking forever, but that's how things go sometimes.  I plan
to make the next beta (2.0.43) be the last beta, and then make the
following be 2.1.0 after a hopefully real short final cleanup period.

I know I've said things like this a couple of times in the past, but I
think it may actually happen this time. :)

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].