Subject: Re: FVWM: Mouseless fvwm'ing?

From: [email-masked] (Joe Moss)
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 14:20:12 PDT

> Due to RSI problems which I suspect are brought on by mousing, I'm trying
> to configure fvwm to let me use my keyboard for things like iconification,
> refocusing, etc. It's great for almost all of this, but there's one thing
> I can't figure out how to do -- I can't get a key bound to a mouse button.
> I can use my kbd to move my cursor over a URL in my browser, for example,
> but I can't get a key to simulate a mouse click. Does anyone know how to
> do this in fvwm?

You can't.

> I'll upgrade to the latest version if that's necessary, so I'm not going
> to try to figure out my version number, but it might be useful for you to
> know that I'm running fvwm on a Sparc, Solaris 2.4.

Try upgrading your X server.  The XKEYBOARD extension, included in X11R6.1,
has the ability to map keystrokes to mouse events.

-- 
set Email "[email-masked] (Joe Moss)";set URL http://psg.com/~joem/
 ======================================================================
"Folk, if you are not checking the Frequently Asked Questions documents
before you ask questions, you are taking longer to resolve problems,
and annoying more folk, than necessary."   -- Larry W. Virden
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].