Subject: FVWM: drag&drop across fvwm viewports

From: Ed Carraway <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 10:26:20 -0400

Is their any way (apart from writing your own drag&drop functions) to
use Motif drag&drop to drag objects to another fvwm viewport (by
dragging to the edge of the screen to activate EdgeScroll)?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 12:09:37 -0400

>>>>> "Ed" == Ed Carraway <[email-masked]> writes:

Ed> Is their any way (apart from writing your own drag&drop functions) to
Ed> use Motif drag&drop to drag objects to another fvwm viewport (by
Ed> dragging to the edge of the screen to activate EdgeScroll)?

I don't think so.  I believe Motif D&D is grabbing the server during
these drags and stopping all wm functions.

Setting the following X resource:

          *DragInitiatorProtocolStyle: drag_dynamic

seems to help somewhat - the program I checked didn't grab the server
so some fvwm actions happened normally (like windows appearing) but it
still wouldn't flip pages.

Unfortunately I don't have any more time to play with it right now.
I'll try to look into it.

Chuck