Subject: FVWM: (Incorrect ?) Sizing of FvwmButtons

From: Rasmus Peter Tamstorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 11:09:58 +0200 (METDST)

Hi,

I'm using the 2.0.41e release of fvwm (hacked to a Win95 look) under 
XFree86, but I've got a few problems with FvwmButtons. 

First, if I set *FvwmButtonsColumns 1 it does not compute the size of the 
button-column correctly. - It seems like it adds an extra (empty) row. 
Do you have any idea about how I can avoid that ?

Secondly, if I use *FvwmButtonsRows 1, I would like to be able to 
specify the width of swallowed modules (xload and FvwmPager), but no 
matter what geometry I specify FvwmButtons apparently gets the last word 
and decides for itself what the size should be. How can I get the last 
word ?

Finally, for Fvwm 2.0.41e in general I miss the L-shaped corners. Has 
that something to do with using the Win95-hack-version, and/or can I get 
them back.

  Thanks in advance for any replies

  Rasmus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rasmus Tamstorf                                 "A problem worth attacking    
Institute of Mathematical Modelling              always strikes back"    
Technical University of Denmark                                 
E-mail : [email-masked]                                    (Unknown, to me ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: bob wylie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 06:05:14 -0400 (EDT)

> and decides for itself what the size should be. How can I get the last 

this i found in a .fvwm[2]rc file somewhere:

	*FvwmButtons(4x2) - crap Swallow "console" Exec xterm -C -T -blah...
                    ^^^^^   

i guess this lets you decide how much space FvwmButtons allows for the 
swallowed stuff. so, if FvwmButtons is screwing with the resizing of your
swallowed apps, try that.

> that something to do with using the Win95-hack-version, and/or can I get 

i'm using fvwm-2.0.41 and the l-shaped resize corners are present. i 
guess they were removed in Fvwm95, because they don't look like win95's.

hope this helps,

bob.