Subject: FVWM: Deiconifies in wrong page

From: Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 14:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using fvwm 2.0.42 under Red Hat 3.0.3 (Linux 1.2.13). When I iconify a
window, and later deiconify it, the window will show up on a different
page of my desktop.

My windows are almost always on the edge of the page, if this helps. I
don't know the protocol of this list. Should I attach my .fvwmrc? I doubt
it would matter in this case. Also, from searching the mailing list
archives, this problem seems to have been around since 2.0.30ish at least.

________________________________________________________________________
Manoj Kasichainula - [email-masked] | "It never hurts to help!"
http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/           |  - Eek the Cat just
Finger for PGP public key & Geek Code      |  before something painful

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 16:22:37 -0400

>>>>> "Manoj" == Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]> writes:

Manoj> I'm using fvwm 2.0.42 under Red Hat 3.0.3 (Linux 1.2.13). When
Manoj> I iconify a window, and later deiconify it, the window will
Manoj> show up on a different page of my desktop.

Manoj> My windows are almost always on the edge of the page, if this helps.

This is a known problem for some folks, although I have yet to be able
to reproduce it.  I'll keep trying though.  When I can reproduce it,
I'll try and fix it.

Manoj> I don't know the protocol of this list. Should I attach my
Manoj> .fvwmrc? I doubt it would matter in this case.

Right.  For certain other problems, yes, for this, no need.

Manoj> Also, from searching the mailing list archives, this problem
Manoj> seems to have been around since 2.0.30ish at least.

Could be.  I only remember it being mentioned recently though.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].