Subject: FVWM: Reduced Colour Palette ?

From: Ian Thurlbeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 10:11:20 +0100

Hello there

a week or so ago there was a discussion of a reduced colour map
of 16 (?) colours for the mini.* icons and perhaps 32 for larger
ones.  Has anything come of this ?  If so, can someone mail me
a XPM with all the relevant colours showing so that I can
construct my own icons with the same colour selections.

Thanks

Ian

-- 
Ian Thurlbeck
Dept. Statistics and Modelling Science, University of Strathclyde
Livingstone Tower, 26 Richmond Street, Glasgow, G1 1XH
+44 141 552 4400  ext 3667
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 08:09:17 -0400

----------
> construct my own icons with the same colour selections.

If you reduce your regular  icons to a  set of 32  colors, you may  as
well reduce the mini-icons to the same set of 32 colors.

For the  fvwm icons, this is on  the todo list  and Chuck has  said he
will get around to it.

I  made  an attempt to  provide  a program   that automates  the color
reduction and you will find the program in  fvwm 2.0.42 in the "utils"
directory.    Subsequently   Romano  Giannetti  and   Martin   Kraemer
introduced "pixy2" which outclasses my effort with a much better color
matching algorithm.  Pixy2 can be gotten from:

ftp://sirio.iet.unipi.it/pub/romano/pixy3.2.tar.gz

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].