Subject: FVWM: Iconising oddity.

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 10:31:26 +0100

I think I have found a 'buglet', which although small is dead 
annoying.

The situation:
	I have to use certain plotting windows, which are huge and awkward,
	along with an xterm (which must be of a fixed height should I
	wish to use certain commands and actually have scrolling *work*).

	There isn't quite room for both on screen, so I generally shove the
	plotting window up a bit, so that its titlebar is partly or
	mostly offscreen. This way I get to see the title of the plot and
	the x scale while still being able to type. Perfect.

The problem:
	Should I iconise this plotting window to get at something else
	for a moment when I uniconise it it appears on the page below the
	one I am on...so that part of the title bar is all that I get.

	It should of course be in that place, but one page up.

Any ideas? I have had this happen before but now that I am repeating the
same thing I realise why now and again certain windows appear on the
wrong page when uniconised. Their titlebars were off the top of that page.

Its minor but it definately does not seem right, this behaviour should
be fixed.
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/
      Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tom Serkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 07:49:23 -0600

>wrong page when uniconised. Their titlebars were off the top of that 
page.

I think I'm seeing a similar problem....
I have a 2x2 desktop, and as part of the startup, I place exmh in the 
upper right corner of the upper right page - this requires a very 
large X coordinate. If I go to this page before exmh has appeard, it 
ends up 95% too far to the right.
Another positioning problem I see is:
I have 4 2x2 desktops.  Netscape is running on desk 3 in the upper 
left page.  I attemp to do something that will time out & pop up a 
dialog.  In the meantime I go to another desktop & am working in, 
say, the upper right page.  When the dialog appears, it's on the 
correct desktop, but on the same page as I am at currently, say, 
upper right.

I'm using fvwm 2.0.41 with no patches.

Tom Serkowski