Subject: FVWM: new to fvwm, have questions about Next/Prev and app placement

From: [email-masked] (James W. Barbour)
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 17:14:39 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from ctwm to fvwm.  I've got fvwm 2.0.42 running on
my Solaris 2.5 box, but have a few questions...

1)  Is there a way to direct applications to different pages of the
    current desktop?  i.e. Everytime I start up frame, it should go on 
    the bottom left page of the current desktop.

2)  Is there a way to direct a certain instance of an application to a
    given page.  i.e.   xterm -xrm '*Page: 2,2'.  I realize I could do
    this via a menu, or a keystroke, but I'm looking for a way to do this
    from the application command line.

3)  Is there a way to "cycle through" a set of desktops.  I've currently
    got a "next_desk" function that does "Desk 1", and a prev_desk which does
    a "Desk -1".  However, I'd like to have some logic that says
    "if CurrentDesk = 9, go to desktop 0.", and 
    "if CurrentDesk = 0, go to desktop 9."
    Is this possible?

3)  Is there a way to have Next and Prev wrap, rather then stopping at
    the ends of the list?

Thanks for any help.

Jim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].