Subject: FVWM: xpm help

From: [email-masked] (Account for Colin Benson)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 17:32:00 -0700

Hi there. I have just built fvwm2 (version 2.0.42) on Solaris 2.4. I
have also built libXpm.a. I had to do a fair amount of makefile
hacking because my system has an out of whack imake but I did
eventually produce the goods. -DXPM and -DSHAPE where both on the
compile command line for fvwm2. The executable I produced seems to
work with one exception, I can't make the xpm icons
appear. Unfortunately my knowledge of X is slim and so I thought I'd
turn to you guys for help...

I have the following in my .Xresources file.

Emacs*iconPixmap*: /home/cbenson/etc/gnu.xpm

When I fire up emacs or xemacs I would hope that the icon would look
like the spiffy coloured bull in the indicated file. I can verify the
path using sxpm. (x)Emacs comes up without any problems but it has no
nice icon. Instead, it like all the icons are just long slim buttons,
big enough to hold the window title. I am using the sample .fvwm2rc. I
have edited it as follows...

##########################################################################
# PATH Setup 
#
# Colon seperated unix directory paths for Modules, xpm files, and bitmaps
ModulePath /usr/local/lib/fvwm2
#PixmapPath /usr/include/X11/pixmaps:/usr/local/include/X11/pixmaps
PixmapPath /home/cbenson/lib/pixmaps:/home/cbenson/etc
IconPath   /usr/include/X11/bitmaps:/home/cbenson/lib/pixmaps:/home/cbenson/etc

This (ie the modified PixmapPath path) is the only change I made to
it.

I realise that this is not the worlds best problem definition but I
would be greatful for any and all help you can provide.

Thanks

-c

          Like as the waves do make towards the pebbled
          shore, so do our packets hasten to their end.

      return mail to [email-masked] or [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].