Subject: FVWM: desktop wishes

From: Kay Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 16:56:30 +0200

Hello out there

im fairly happy with my fvwm. Though i'm missing the
one feature to dynamicaly add desks to my running session.
As well a Module desklist (like the winlist) would be fine.

Is it possible to do this dynamicaly?

			Gruss
				Kay
-- 

============================================================
Kay Winkler        Planckstrasse 1         D-64291 Darmstadt
(49)6159/71-2551   Fax: (49)6159/71-2785   [email-masked]
============================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 21:04:28 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 29 May 1996 16:56:30 +0200, Kay Winkler
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

  Kay> [...] Though i'm missing the one feature to dynamicaly add
  Kay> desks to my running session. [...]

Fvwm supports 2^15 (or 2^16?) desks out of the box.  Should be enough
for most purposes.  Only problem is that you might not see them all in
the pager.  But me thinks you could use FvwmTalk to run a new
FvwmPager with one more desk enabled than the current one.

Indeed!  I just invoked FvwmTalk, I hit some keys, and lo! it popped
up, the all-new, all-beautiful HUMONGOUS pager:

Here's what I entered:

    Module FvwmPager 0 11

This generates 12 desks.  

I'm sure someone could create an FvwmForm application where you enter
the number of desks you want and the right command is run...

Whoopie!

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.