Subject: FVWM: HP/UX Install

From: "Bryan W. Headley" <bheadley@[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 13:19:55 -0500 (CDT)

Guys,

Have been trying to install 2.0.42 on HPUX 9.05. Either the X config
files used by imake are totally fried or we're in big trouble.
The files get through including sys/types.h and have the nerve NOT
to know what a caddr_t is! (Or couse, HP has these things in there, about
three levels deep into #if defined(_HPUX_SOURCE) et al.

Next issue: I'm closely associated with the mfm people. (mfm is a very
nice desktop manager) What kind of work do you think the two groups
should do make these two programs work more hand-in-hand?

One area which seems a "must" is the ability to make a element on the
buttonBar be a drag-and-drop receiver. In other words, if I drag a file
off of mfm and onto a WordPerfect icon on the buttonbar, it'd be nice if
WordPerfect could be 'taught' in invoke itself with the name of the file.

Another feature, which would be neat, but somewhat NeXT-ish, would be the
ability for me to grab a binary, say, "NeXs", and move it into the buttonBar,
thereby CREATING a new buttonBar icon for NeXs".

What do you folks think? We have a fine window manager and a fine desktop
manager. What makes windowing environments successful is that the two
work together in synergy. To be able to do this at the free(d)ware level
on X would be a tremendous benefit to everyone.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryan W. Headley                       Home:    [email-masked]
211 East Pineview Drive                Office:  [email-masked]
Round Lake Park, IL 60073, USA	       Voice:   847-740-1446
                     "Better Living Thru Panic"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].