Subject: FVWM: Reverse video in title bar?

From: [email-masked] (Justin L. Gaither)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 08:46:48 -0400

Does anyone know how to do reverse video in the title bar?

I use this alias to set the titlebar text.

alias sp   'echo -n "^[]0; ${HOSTNAME}: ${cwd}^G"; echo -n "^[]1; 
${HOSTNAME}^G"'

I would like to make the hostname reverse video.

Thanks.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Justin Gaither                      V                (919)850-6573|
| 1630SX HW   Development     +---------------+    FAX (919)850-6590|
| Alcatel Network Systems     | A L C A T E L |                     |
| [email-masked]    +---------------+    Raleigh, NC      |
|                                                         why not!  |
|                                                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------+
#          LINUX because a 486 is a terrible thing to WASTE!        #
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Matthew N. Dodd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 15:03:39 -0500 (CDT)

> I would like to make the hostname reverse video.

I don't think that this is possible.  I was looking at the code in fvwm95
to see what would have to be done to add support for ansi escape sequences
in the title bar, but I'm not sure its worth the trouble or the overhead.

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | [email-masked]    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | [email-masked] | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|