Subject: FVWM: drag windows into pager

From: Nathaniel Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 14:55:37 -0500 (EDT)

Hi,

I am new to this list, and I have checked the to do list, as well
as some of the archives.  One thing about the pager that I like the
capability of moving windows out of the pager onto the desktop.  However,
I have also used the pager from olvwm (open look virtual window manager),
which has this capability, but also the apability to move windows from
the desktop into the pager.  At this point, I really don't know too much
about X programming, so tere is no way that I am able to do this.  I just
thought I would mention it as a possible future feature.

--Nat

.sig soon to come
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Leeman Strout <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 15:35:53 -0400 (EDT)

This is a very nice feature of olvwm, another feature of the OLIT set 
that I'd like to see put into fvwm is a Menu feature.

Anyone that knows OL has seen this as the "DEFAULT" option under menu 
building.

In explanation:  DEFAULT does quite a few things. 
For 1> if you go to select a menu with a default item and release the 
mouse button, the default is activated just like you had actually moused 
into the menu and selected it.
2> when the menu does come into view (off of another menu) it is aligned 
such that the default selection lines up with the menu activator
3> if you mouse out of the menu (and it's still there) and mouse back 
into it, the mouse warps to the default  (I may remember this part wrong 
;)

Any other nice features to think of?

PS --  thanks for the help with the pager, after admittedly quite a bit 
of time fuzzling with things, I customized my desktop to my satisfaction  
=)  It's real purty too  ;)

Leeman
[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Wild <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 15:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

> the desktop into the pager.  At this point, I really don't know too much

In hopes of preventing a lot of replies here. . . . . 

This is a much-dicussed feature, and although I do not use olwm (or
vaiants sp) I can see the use of this.

Once Chuck (or whoever, I can't remember) finishes the recoding to allow
moduiles to better communicate with fvwm, I am going to look into this
(if someone doesn't beat me to it, or classes don't beat me into the
ground).

In short. . . 

	#1	Can't do it now.
	#2	Don't think it can happen under current Module design
	#3	Many people want it.
	#4	I want to start playing with the pager code.

-Alan

-- 

-*-Alan Wild "Speed News Guy" WWW:http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~arwild01/-*-
VM:[email-masked] E-mail:[email-masked]
*thissignaturewaswrittentosavebandwidth.ifyoucanreadthisyouneedtoseeaneyedr.*

---

From: "Stefan 'Stetson' Skoglund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 09:04:59 +0200

>>>>> "Leeman" == Leeman Strout <[email-masked]> writes:

    Leeman> Any other nice features to think of?

Yes, olvwm for example supports a window-selection menu
Yes i know that AddToMenu RootMenu "Ï" WindowList probably
is good enough.