Subject: FVWM: netscape problem?

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 05:53:16 -0500 (CDT)

hi, all

i have a wierd problem that seems to be the fault of fvwm.  i'm using
v2.0.42, btw.  anyway, using netscape 2 (or above), i can open the
Bookmarks window to see the list of my bookmarks.  no problem.  however,
when i select Properties from the Item menu, the Properties box appears,
but then gets shoved right behind the Bookmarks window.  this doesn't
happen on the other WMs i've used, mainly 4Dwm on SGI.  

it's a minor thing, but i'd like things to behave rationally.  anyone know
what's going on here? 

thanks,
greg

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** 
greg haygood          	
[email-masked]  
http://sushi.uchicago.edu/~g-haygood/ 

Solo to Jordan and Bird: "Watch this: Off the skiff, into the air, off 
the sail barge, into the Sarlaac...nothing but Fett."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:01:40 +0100

On Thu, 23 May 1996 05:53:16 -0500 (CDT)
greg haygood <[email-masked]> 
> it's a minor thing, but i'd like things to behave rationally.  anyone know

I tried it and it happens to me too on twm-based wm's: fvwm, bowman, twm, ctwm.
It's OK on mwm-based wm's: mwm, 4Dwm.

Just a sec while I whoosh over to a Solaris box ... umm, doesn't work
right under olwm either. 

Using:

Style "*"           SmartPlacement, NoPPosition, HintOverride
Style "*"           MWMFunctions, MWMDecor, MWMBorder
Style "*"           DecorateTransient
Style "Netscape*"   Sticky, SmartPlacement

on fvwm-2.0.42, Irix 6.2.

Ric

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Richard J. Lister    [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Research Assistant, Neural Computing Research Group
                  Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/~listerrj/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Drew Lebauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 06:45:26 -0600

If you check the release notes of Netscape 2.0, this is listed as a
known problem on certain platforms. It is not caused by fvwm.

-- 
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
| Drew Lebauer | Phone: (303) 689-1416 | Fax: (303) 689-1399 )
|    Evolving Systems, Inc.   |   mailto:[email-masked]   (
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*= c[]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 04:23:07 -0400

>>>>> "All bow down at the words of the wonderful greg haygood!"

    greg> Properties from the Item menu, the Properties box appears,
    greg> but then gets shoved right behind the Bookmarks window.
    greg> this doesn't happen on the other WMs i've used, mainly 4Dwm
    greg> on SGI.

    greg> it's a minor thing, but i'd like things to behave
    greg> rationally.  anyone know what's going on here?

I had this problem with Netscape 2.0 but it disappeared with the Atlas
3.0 beta.