Subject: FVWM: resize text

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 06:16:52 -0500 (CDT)

hey, all

quick question, should be easy, though i haven't found the answer
anywhere.  the resize text i'm referring to is the little window that pops
up when you do a resize on a window.  with my setup, this window appears
in the middle of my screen, yet i want it in the upper left.  i've tried
using the RC files from Tim Gilman's archive, and some of the files do set
the window in the upper left.  but i can't find whether it's something i
need to add or remove from my RC to get this behavior.

thanks for the help.

hope everyone has a great holiday.  looks like all outdoor plans here in
Chicago will get rained out.  sigh. 

greg

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** 
greg haygood          	
[email-masked]  
http://bsdac.uchicago.edu/~g-haygood/ 

Solo to Jordan and Bird: "Watch this: Off the skiff, into the air, off 
the sail barge, into the Sarlaac...nothing but Fett."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 May 1996 17:34:38 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 27 May 1996 06:16:52 -0500 (CDT), greg haygood
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

  greg> [...] the resize text i'm referring to is the little window
  greg> that pops up when you do a resize on a window.  with my setup,
  greg> this window appears in the middle of my screen, yet i want it
  greg> in the upper left. [...]

One of the MWM options makes it appear in the middle of the screen.  I
forget which one it is, though.

kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Mon, 27 May 96 15:13 EST

>>>>> "gjhaygoo" == greg haygood <[email-masked]> wrote:

gjhaygoo> quick question, should be easy, though i haven't found the
gjhaygoo> answer anywhere.  the resize text i'm referring to is the
gjhaygoo> little window that pops up when you do a resize on a window.
gjhaygoo> with my setup, this window appears in the middle of my
gjhaygoo> screen, yet i want it in the upper left.  i've tried using
gjhaygoo> the RC files from Tim Gilman's archive, and some of the
gjhaygoo> files do set the window in the upper left.  but i can't find
gjhaygoo> whether it's something i need to add or remove from my RC to
gjhaygoo> get this behavior.

In version 1 the responsible for this thing is the command
"MWMMenus". The equivalent in version 2 is "MenuStyle mwm", I guess.

Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: greg haygood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 15:40:43 -0500 (CDT)

> "MWMMenus". The equivalent in version 2 is "MenuStyle mwm", I guess.

actually, the option is Menustyle <FG> <BG> <SG> <FONT> fvwm.  this is
documented in the man page, but the effect of the resize/move text isn't
mentioned.  

thanks to all who replied!
greg