Subject: FVWM: fvwmrc -> fvwm2rc: PopUp and GoodStuff

From: Derek Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:59:29 -0400

How would I translate the following fvwmrc lines for fvwm2rc?

(1) 

*GoodStuff Root    dragon.xpm	Exec "Root" cd /root; color_xterm -T root
-n root -e su &

This is supposed to change the directory to root and then start a root
window.

(2)

Popup "Host-Popup"
	Title 	"Hosts"
	Exec	"cmt10"	(xhost cmt10.mit.edu; color_xterm -ls -geometry 80x44 -T
cmt10 -n cmt10 -e telnet cmt10.mit.edu; xhost -cmt10.mit.edu) &

This is supposed to start a window for a telnet session to cmt10, 
setting xhost before and after the session.

--Derek Lee
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 12:11:01 -0400

----------
> cmt10 -n cmt10 -e telnet cmt10.mit.edu; xhost -cmt10.mit.edu) &

Starting in 2.0.42, it is necessary to Exec multiple commands like this:

+  "cmt10" Exec /bin/sh -c 'xhost cmt10.mit.edu; color_xterm ...'

There  has been some discussion  about  whether the enclosing "/bin/sh
''" will still be necessary in 2.0.43.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].