Subject: FVWM: FVWM num lock bug Sun

From: [email-masked] (Justin L. Gaither)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 14:37:40 -0400

I noticed a small bug in FVWM 2.0.42  if i enable num lock.

I can no longer use the programmed F- keys, highlight in an rxvt terminal, or 
use my middle button to close windows.

I am running solaris on an UltraSparc with type 5 keyboard.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Justin Gaither                      V                (919)850-6573|
| 1630SX HW   Development     +---------------+    FAX (919)850-6590|
| Alcatel Network Systems     | A L C A T E L |                     |
| [email-masked]    +---------------+    Raleigh, NC      |
|                                                         why not!  |
| http://sdrnr1.aur.alcatel.com:8000/~jgaither                      |
--------------------------------------------------------------------+
#          LINUX because a 486 is a terrible thing to WASTE!        #
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 16:09:24 -0400

----------
[email-masked] (Justin L. Gaither) writes:
> 
> 
> I noticed a small bug in FVWM  2.0.42 if i enable  num lock.  I can no
> longer use  the programmed F- keys,  highlight in an rxvt terminal, or
> use my  middle button to close  windows.  I am  running solaris  on an
> UltraSparc with type 5 keyboard.
> 

Its not a bug, its a feature.

Num_lock sets the Mod 3 bit (something like caps_lock).

The first line below brings up the "systems"  menu for mouse button 1,
regardless of  the num_lock setting.   The second  line brings up  the
Window-Ops menu only when num_lock is on.

Mouse 1		R   	A       Menu "Systems" Nop
Mouse 1		R   	3       Menu Window-Ops Nop

Arrange your config file accordingly.

If for some reason,  your results vary,  check out your .xmodmap file,
if  you use one.   Failing  that, get hold    of xkeycaps to see  what
num_lock is set to do.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].