Subject: FVWM: fvwm & motif?

From: Sherwood Botsford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 16:39:43 -0600

Several applications that I've snarfed off the net fail unexpectedly.
Programs that run fine under HP-VUE crash, burn and die under fvwm,
(Xbrowser) or refuse to start, not even leaving an error message. (xgrok)

To date the only thing I've found in common is that they are linked
against the motif 1.2 library.  Is this a problem with fvwm, with HP's
implementation of Motif, or some obscure problem with HP?

Sherwood Botsford |Unsolicited email that advertises commercial 
Physics Dept      |activities will consitute a request for 
U of Alberta      |spellchecking of all words of less than three 
Edmonton, AB,     |characters.  I charge $US500 for this service. 
T6G 2J1		  |There is no warranty of correctness of this service. 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Allen)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 08:40:42 +0000 (GMT)

Svo kvað ( Sherwood Botsford ) writes

> implementation of Motif, or some obscure problem with HP?

I have been using fvwm on HP-UX since it was in the 0.X releases, on
HP-UX 9.0X and 10.01.  I have never seen problems like you describe.

The only thing I can suggest is you try installing the X11R5/Motif patches.

regards.
-- 
     Richard Allen, Systems and Network Administrator, Computing Services,
         University of Iceland. Tel: +354 5254903, Fax: +354 5528801
  (Life ? Life is like a hot bath, feels great while you are in it, but the)
           (longer you stay, the more wrinkled you get [Garfield])
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].