Subject: FVWM: Override Redirect windows

From: Tim Smithers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 12:20:36 +1000

I am only running 1.24r but I was wondering if this
problem manifests itself under 2.042.

I have a window which defines itself as an override redirect
window. Now as far as I understand the window manager should
not manage these windows :-(

I cannot use any fvwm settings to make these StayOnTop or
that because fvwm isn't managing them.

The problem is that I cannot get the window to receive focus.
This occurs with both ClickToFocus & Focus follows mouse.
It is not in the windowlist, but fvwm can circle windows
behind/infront, so it knows a window is there.

As far as I was aware, the window manager should not manage it,
but it should not ignore the window.

Has anyone else experienced these problems or could offer
an explanation  or solution

-- 
Tim Smithers.
DMouse Pty. Ltd.
ph: 019 910 195
e-mail: [email-masked]

( Perfection is a hobby many pursue,
         but few have a chance of success )
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].