Subject: FVWM: Help compiling FvwmConfig module...

From: "Darryl C. Heckle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 09:46:15 +0000

To whomever may help me,

	     I am trying to upgrade to Fvwm 2.0.42 and it seems to work (I've 
got some other problems), but I cannot get the FvwmConfig module to 
compile.  I go to the FvwmConfig directory, type xmkmf (I am running 
Linux 1.3.99 with AcceleratedX server).  The xmkmf works fine and when 
I type make install, I get errors such as this:

WinBase.o(.text+0x76d): undefined reference to `XSetWMProperties'
WinBase.o(.text+0x7b1): undefined reference to `XGetGCValues'
WinBase.o(.text+0x7c5): undefined reference to `XCreateGC'
WinBase.o(.text+0x7fd): undefined reference to `XGetGCValues'
WinBase.o(.text+0x80d): undefined reference to `XCreateGC'
WinBase.o(.text+0x83d): undefined reference to `XGetGCValues'
WinBase.o(.text+0x84d): undefined reference to `XCreateGC'

I get a whole mess of these before the compile just quits.  It is for 
almost all of the WinXXXX.o files also.  I checked the directories in 
the Makefile and they seem fine.  I also looked and the files it is 
looking for that have those functions, like the files X.h, Xinit.h are 
in the right directory.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks in advance.

Darryl Heckle
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].