Subject: FVWM: Icons

From: Matjaz Mencej <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 15:01:29 +0000 (METDST)

Hello again,

I am asking for some help regarding icons again. 
I compiled fvwm with no m4 and with XPM on a
DEC Alpha station running digital unix.

The desktop wont show icons, evenif the paths are set correctly.

can anyone give me a hint as to what to look for to take care
of the problem, or better still is there someone running fvwm on
Digital DEC Alpha Station 600 with DEC unix 

Thank you inn advance

MAtjaz
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: tim werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 14:30:19 -0400

>of the problem, ...

I don't have an alpha, but I do have a DECstation running Ultrix, and I
just wanted to let you know that my icons are working just fine, in case
that gives you some encouragement.  I say this because Ultrix (even 4.3,
which is where we stopped upgrading), is pretty hokey.  Lots of stuff
doesn't work right.  The Alpha boxes run OSF or something, don't they?
I would hope that a lot of the time that DEC didn't spend fixing up
Ultrix was spent getting OSF right, so I doubt that it's your
workstation.  

Why did you compile it without m4?  I compiled everything in, and I have
found that m4 is semi-handy.  Maybe if you re-build it, you will find
some detail that you inadvertently skipped the first time.  That's all I
can say.

tw

---

From: Manoj Srivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 May 1996 00:37:38 -0400

Hi,

	I've been running fvwm on DEC's alpha 2100's and 3000's, all
 the way from 3.0, through 3.2 and not 4.0 Field test version 4.0.
 Unfortunately, I have X11R6 from mit compiled (soon to be R6.1), and
 there have been no problems.

	I don't know how I could help with your problem ...

		manoj
--
Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,
Phone: (413) 545-3918                A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center,
Fax:   (413) 545-1249         University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/%7Esrivasta/>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].