Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: XV and FvwmBackground

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Magill)
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 09:58:28 PDT

>>> I know in a previous fvwm2
>>> configuration, which I have since accidentally deleted, this did
>>> not happen...
>
>I have a hard time believing this.  If you've got FvwmBacker set up to
>put up a root window whenever you switch desks, it's going to do it.
>There's no way for it to know you've modified the root window after
>doing so (yes, I've tried it and looked at the code before coming to
>that conclusion).  Perhaps you didn't have your backing command exit
>so FvwmBacker hung?

Maybe FvwmBacker was attempting to change the background and just
silently failing before.

I know that xsetroot fails to set the background when I'm running xlock
or something like that.  (That may sound weird.  I saw it happen
because I have a script that runs as a cron job to set the background.)
I don't really understand that one because I didn't think that xlock
drew on the root window....

Jeff
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].