Subject: FVWM: doubleclick buttons

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 13:57:51 +0200

anyone of you interested in invoking commands by doubleclicking a button ?

I use the following:

*FvwmButtons (Icon xterm.xpm,	\
	Action (Mouse 1) 'Function Xec "Menu Tools" 	"exec xterm &"', \
	Action (Mouse 2) 'Function Xec "Menu WindowOps" "exec xlock -nice 0 -allowroot &"', \
	Action (Mouse 3) 'Function Xec  WindowList	Quit')
                      ^                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
		which button?		SingleClick	DoubleClick
with 

AddToFunc Xec
+	"Motion"	$0
+	"Click"		$1

isn't that cool ?  Thanks for fvwm2 & FvwmButtons, Chuck & Jarl !!!!

So the button serves as root-window extension: a single click invokes the
same menu as if I had clicked in the root window. (after the motion
timeout), but doubleclicking lets me speed up xterm, xlock and 
quitting.

albrecht

PS: I tried to use the "Double-Click-Action" of the "Menu" command, but
- understandably, but annoyingly - it doesn't work, if used from
FvwmButtons:
	Action (Mouse 1) 'Menu Tools "exec xterm &"', \

PPS: don't try to use "Immediate" in Xec: it spoils the timing.
     "DoubleClick" works, but results in you having to TripleClick !!!!
-- 
The makeup hides the bruises and the tears so they never show
'cause your beauty is the only thing you've ever owned  -- Marillion
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].