Subject: FVWM: PixmapPath problem

From: "Ludvig A. Norin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 19:55:16 +0200 (MET DST)

So, now I am tired, and probably just doesn't see what's really wrong, 
but anyways;

I just compiled and installed pl42 (prev. ver was 40). At startup I get a 
complaint:

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/local/lib/X11/fvwmModules/ PixmapPath

Now, I have the correct paths, in ModulePath, IconPath and PixmapPath. I 
also have the correct paths compiled into fvwm.

I have found no way pass this problem, but as .42 has been around for a 
while, I understand this is not an ordinary bug. However, I found one 
letter on the subject at the mailinglist archive, but no responses.

I would, of course, appriciate any help on this, as it's just so boring 
not having those colorful icons to watch :)

Sincerly,
the _very_ tired 

Ludvig A.

--- This is a sighfile.

From: Ludvig A. Norin
at  : [email-masked]
or  : [email-masked]
and : http://www.ludd.luth.se/~no

--- So don't go do something stupid now, okay?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Lopes)
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 15:39 EST

>>>>> "LAN" == "Ludvig A Norin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

LAN> So, now I am tired, and probably just doesn't see what's really
LAN> wrong, but anyways;

LAN> I just compiled and installed pl42 (prev. ver was 40). At startup
LAN> I get a complaint:

LAN> [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module
LAN> /usr/local/lib/X11/fvwmModules/ PixmapPath

LAN> Now, I have the correct paths, in ModulePath, IconPath and
LAN> PixmapPath. I also have the correct paths compiled into fvwm.

LAN> I have found no way pass this problem, but as .42 has been around
LAN> for a while, I understand this is not an ordinary bug. However, I
LAN> found one letter on the subject at the mailinglist archive, but
LAN> no responses.

It is a problem with the Imakefile.

The solution is not define your compiler or compiler flags with
FvwmCompiler and FvwmCompilerFlags in the file Fvwm.tmpl. Let the
default be used (The default is the same setup used to compile your
version of X).

Have fun.

Emilio.

-- 
 Emilio C. Lopes <mailto:[email-masked]>
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: [email-masked]
 Universidade de Sao Paulo       Phone : (+55 11) 818-6724 (Voice)
 Caixa Postal 66318                      (+55 11) 818-6715 (Fax)
 05389-970  Sao Paulo - SP
 BRAZIL
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 16:39:00 -0400

>>>>> "Ludvig" == Ludvig A Norin <[email-masked]> writes:

Ludvig> So, now I am tired, and probably just doesn't see what's really wrong,
Ludvig> but anyways;

Ludvig> I just compiled and installed pl42 (prev. ver was 40). At
Ludvig> startup I get a complaint:

Ludvig> [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module /usr/local/lib/X11/fvwmModules/ PixmapPath

Ludvig> Now, I have the correct paths, in ModulePath, IconPath and
Ludvig> PixmapPath. I also have the correct paths compiled into fvwm.

Ludvig> I have found no way pass this problem, but as .42 has been
Ludvig> around for a while, I understand this is not an ordinary
Ludvig> bug. However, I found one letter on the subject at the
Ludvig> mailinglist archive, but no responses.

Ludvig> I would, of course, appriciate any help on this, as it's just
Ludvig> so boring not having those colorful icons to watch :)

I really wish I would remember to put the patch for this on the web
page....

I messed up in Fvwm.tmpl when I added the FvwmCompilerFlags define.

Apply the attached patch, and that should fix it (plus one other
little problem).

Chuck

======================================================================
diff -u ../fvwm-2.0.42/Fvwm.tmpl ./Fvwm.tmpl
--- ../fvwm-2.0.42/Fvwm.tmpl    Mon Apr  8 10:59:50 1996
+++ ./Fvwm.tmpl Thu Apr 25 09:36:16 1996
@@ -249,7 +249,9 @@
         CC = FvwmCompiler
 #endif
 #ifdef FvwmCompilerFlags
-        CFLAGS = FvwmCompilerFlags
+XCOMM   CFLAGS = FvwmCompilerFlags
+XCOMM   CCOPTIONS = FvwmCompilerFlags
+        CDEBUGFLAGS = FvwmCompilerFlags
 #endif

 #ifdef FvwmBinDir
@@ -301,7 +303,8 @@
 #endif /* HPArchitecture */
 #endif /* AlphaArchitecture */

-  FVWM_LIBS = -L$(FVWM_SRCDIR)/libs -l$(LIB) $(XPM_LIBRARIES) $(KLUDGE_LIBS)
+XCOMM  FVWM_LIBS = -L$(FVWM_SRCDIR)/libs -l$(LIB) $(XPM_LIBRARIES) $(KLUDGE_LIBS)
+  FVWM_LIBS = $(FVWM_SRCDIR)/libs/lib$(LIB).a $(XPM_LIBRARIES) $(KLUDGE_LIBS)
 FVWM_DEPLIB = $(FVWM_SRCDIR)/libs/lib$(LIB).a

     DEFINES = $(OPTION_DEFINES) $(XPM_DEFINES) $(AUDIO_DEFINES)
======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].