Subject: FVWM: Tip for debugging/optimizing

From: Danny Sung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 10:16:35 -0700

Most of you probably know this already, but I thought I'd mention it
anyway, as I haven't really seen any references to it.

I noticed the other day that when you run fvwm 2.0.42 under Xnest, at
least on my machine (slow Tseng 4k video card), it runs rather
sluggishly.  I believe an older one like 2.0.38 runs a bit better.
In any case, if anyone out there feels like optimizing fvwm, or I
believe some people were trying to debug some "undocumented"
blinking... This might be a way to see it more easily.  And for those
poor soles who have insanely fast hardware, running a couple nested
Xnest's should be able to slow X down to human readable speeds. :-)  I
believe, however, Xnest is an X11R6 program, and I have no idea if
there is an R5 version (or if that's even feasable).

Just a thought,
Danny Sung
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].