Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.42 and HP-UX 9.01

From: [email-masked] (Paul van Gool)
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 08:58:39 +0200 (METDST)

Hi there,

I recently compiled fvwm-2.0.42 on an HP735 with HP-UX 9.01 and gcc-2.7.2.
Everything compiles OK. When I start up fvwm I get something like the 
following

[ERROR] Can't load module /usr/local/lib/fvwm2 PixmapsPath
[ERROR] Can't load module /usr/local/lib/fvwm2 IconPath

This is what's in my .fvwm2rc:

ModulePath /usr/local/lib/fvwm2/
PixmapPath /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/
IconPath   /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/

As a result of this no icons are loaded and no modules. Has anyone come
across this before.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
-- 
The question if a computer can think is as interesting as the question if 
a submarine can swim.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| internet   : [email-masked]    Faculty of Aerospace Engineering |
| compuserve : 100407,3063                Delft University of Technology   |
| phone      : +31-15-2785312             Kluyverweg 1,  2629 HS Delft     |
| fax        : +31-15-2786480        '''  The Netherlands                  |
|                                   (@ @)                                  |
+--------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Rissanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:02:20 +0200 (MET DST)

> As a result of this no icons are loaded and no modules. Has anyone come

I just joined this list because I have the same problem on my Linux.

I tried to place a -DXPM in Fvwm.tmpl #define FvwmCompilerFlags.
It solved the problem, but the patch that should make you able
to put pixmaps in the window titlebars still didn't seem to work.

I have tried both with and without the titlebar patch, so I know that
the problem isn't caused by the patch.

Maybe I have missed something? I did as the INSTALL-file said, i.e.
I edited configure.h and Fvwm.tmpl before I distributed the Makefiles
and compiled with make and make install.

I have Linux 1.2.13, gcc 2.7.0 and I am using the SVGA-server.
(fvwm 2.0.42.)

-- 
http://www.mn.medstroms.se/~d5dos/
I am sorry for my bad English (eller svenska).