Subject: FVWM: How to run Fvwm2

From: Jack Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 09:24:15 -0400

I comipled and installed Fvwm2, and everything went ok, and I also put
fvwm2 in the last line of .xinitrc file. It just didn't work.
There was no error messages on screen. pleae help me.

	my e-mail address is [email-masked]

			Thank you in advance
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 May 1996 17:05:34 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 31 May 1996 09:24:15 -0400, Jack Pan
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

  Jack> I comipled and installed Fvwm2, and everything went ok, and I
  Jack> also put fvwm2 in the last line of .xinitrc file. It just
  Jack> didn't work.  There was no error messages on screen. pleae
  Jack> help me.

Maybe it was the known problem of not having a .fvwm2rc file?  Copy
the example file from the distribution to ~/.fvwm2rc and try again.
Also, check the file .xsession-errors for errors that might have
occurred.

Does this help?
kai
-- 
Life is hard and then you die.