Subject: FVWM: Mouseless fvwm'ing?

From: Jessica Perry Hekman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 16:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

Due to RSI problems which I suspect are brought on by mousing, I'm trying
to configure fvwm to let me use my keyboard for things like iconification,
refocusing, etc. It's great for almost all of this, but there's one thing
I can't figure out how to do -- I can't get a key bound to a mouse button.
I can use my kbd to move my cursor over a URL in my browser, for example,
but I can't get a key to simulate a mouse click. Does anyone know how to
do this in fvwm?

I'll upgrade to the latest version if that's necessary, so I'm not going
to try to figure out my version number, but it might be useful for you to
know that I'm running fvwm on a Sparc, Solaris 2.4.

Note that I'm not on this list, so could you make sure I'm cc'ed in all
replies, please?

Thanks.

--
Jessica Perry Hekman	O'Reilly and Associates
[email-masked]	http://jasper.ora.com/jphekman

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Maxwell Spangler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:10:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Due to RSI problems which I suspect are brought on by mousing, I'm trying

BTW, If you haven't yet, go see your doctor about that.  I believe I have
a case of tendonitis which I thought was carpal tunnel until I finally
went in to my doctor and got tested some months ago.  Just knowing it
wasn't carpal let me rest a little easier.

Oh, and as they told me, take breaks, relax, exercise!

Maxwell Spangler, Software Developer, One Call Concepts LS, Inc. Hanover, MD