Subject: FVWM: Opaque Resize?

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 17:12:33 -0400

Did this go away?  I think it was there for 1.24r, but it seems like
rubberband resize is the only option for 2.0.42.

-Barry
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 17:47:59 -0400

>>>>> "BAW" == Barry A Warsaw <[email-masked]> writes:

BAW> Did this go away?  I think it was there for 1.24r, but it seems like
BAW> rubberband resize is the only option for 2.0.42.

Yup - gone.  From the TO-DO list:

  - Ressurrect OpaqueResize (as a style option, after the great style
    rewrite)

Chuck

---

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 18:09:13 -0400

>>>>> "MB" == Mark Borges <[email-masked]> writes:

    MB> I've seen similar behavior, though not exactly as you
    MB> describe. I see repeatable lossage when doing a restart of
    MB> fvwm. The XEmacs windows appear dead until I do an
    MB> iconify/de-iconify sequence. Do you see this failure mode,
    MB> too? Unfortunately, this is not 100% reproducible (something
    MB> like 8 out of 10 times). I know Chuck is aware of it, though
    MB> he's on some AIX machine and doesn't see it.

I haven't seen this particular problem, and I'm doing a lot of
restarting these days. :-)  It definitely happens to me when I
iconify/de-iconify but like you it's not very reproducible.  It only
seems to happen with XEmacs, but maybe it's just that I use those
windows more than anything else so I haven't noticed it with other
applications.

-Barry