Subject: re:"FVWM: Re: [fvwm-2.0.42] FvwmButtons and swallowed apps / styles"

From: "eli (e.) burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:20:00 -0400

>  I just started xbuffy from the command line, after FvwmTalk supposedly
>  read the new style attribute (how can I confirm what the style flags
>  for a particular window are, BTW?) and got the same behavior. The
>  change doesn't appear to be related to the new FvwmButtons.
>  
>  Oh, I forgot something potentially very important that I should have
>  mentioned from the start. This is *not* the baseline fvwm-2.0.42, but
>  rather fvwm-2.0.42+Henrique's jumbo patch:

I was (coincidentally) doing something very similar last night with
xv transient windows. I have DecorateTransients set globally, and 
wanted xv windows to be plain. To make the story short, it worked fine.

But not after a few blunders on my part. Make sure that you watch any
errors that get output -- I managed to mispell two different style
directives: NakedTransient and NoTitle are both singular. :-)

-Eli
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].