Subject: FVWM: fvwm configuration utility?

From: Henning Spruth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 10:41:51 +0200

I joined the mailing list recently, so forgive me if this is a
common subject:

Is anybody else working on an utility to configure fvwm2? I have so
far seen the FvwmConfig module and the Dotfile generator, but both
seem to be rather limited in functionality.

This weekend, I started working on a Tk program 'fvwmconf' to see
how easy it would be to implement in this language. Now I'm sure
I'll be able handle virtually the complete .fvwmrc generation
with a nice, consistent GUI. The tool can already set the
general parameters like EdgeResistance, ModulePath or HighlightColor
(just like dotfile and FvwmConf) as well as the lists of Key and Mouse
bindings. The next task would be the Style definitions.

Before continuing this project, I'd like to know if other people
are working on this topic. If you like, I could send a snapshot
of the current pre-alpha (~ 22kB) to this list.

Regards, 

Henning

-- 
Henning Spruth  | Motorola GmbH                | Tel:  ++49-89-92103-453
CAD Engineer    | Schatzbogen 7, 81829 Munich  | Fax:  ++49-89-92103-680
------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [email-masked] | [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].