Subject: FVWM: FlipFocus

From: Dan Niles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 09:48:04 -0500

I have an idea for a useful function.  It is a slight modification to
what Next [*] Focus does.  As a refresher, Next [*] Focus transfers
focus to the next window, leaving the order unchanged.

The idea I have is for a function (FlipFocus) that switches the order.
It could be used to flip back and forth between to windows using a
single key.  I do this constantly, and currently have to remember
whether to use Next or Prev.

Does anyone else think this would be useful?  If so, I could implement it
and post a patch.

How should the function be invoked?  Invoking it as Next [*] FlipFocus would
work (theoretically), but then what would FlipFocus do when called as just
FlipFocus?

Comments? Suggestions?

Dan Niles
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Apr 1996 17:18:45 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 29 Apr 1996 09:48:04 -0500, Dan Niles <[email-masked]>
>>>>> said:

  Dan> Does anyone else think this would be useful?  If so, I could
  Dan> implement it and post a patch.

Oh, yes, this would be very useful.

  Dan> How should the function be invoked?  Invoking it as Next [*]
  Dan> FlipFocus would work (theoretically), but then what would
  Dan> FlipFocus do when called as just FlipFocus?

How about just a function `Last <Function>'?  This could sort of
switch the first (last) two windows on the list that Next/Prev use;
plus actually executing the <Function> with the window that comes out.
I have no idea how to do this, though, I can't do X programming.

kai
-- 
Gleep!