Subject: FVWM: Pixmaps in Window buttons don't use PixmapPath, and leak colours.

From: [email-masked] (John Henders)
Date: 27 Apr 1996 06:54:51 -0700

I was playing around adding various pixmaps to my Window button and
found a few bugs. One, the PixmapPath doesn't appear to be followed for
loading xpms into the buttons. I had to hard code the path to the
pixmaps to get them to load. Also, I was experimenting by adding new
pixmaps with the FvwmTalk command line module and I filled up my colour
map. The only way I could get any colours back was by quitting fvwm.

-- 
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
                GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                     b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 14:08:23 -0400

>>>>> "All kneel at the words of the human John Henders!"

    John> I was playing around adding various pixmaps to my Window
    John> button and found a few bugs. One, the PixmapPath doesn't
    John> appear to be followed for loading xpms into the buttons. I

Are you sure PixmapPath is specified before the ButtonStyle
declarations?  It works fine over here.

    John> had to hard code the path to the pixmaps to get them to
    John> load. Also, I was experimenting by adding new pixmaps with
    John> the FvwmTalk command line module and I filled up my colour
    John> map. The only way I could get any colours back was by
    John> quitting fvwm.

This might be something to look into in the pixmap cache...

PC sellers are Bill collectors.
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Key
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].