Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm: compilation errors

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 96 17:22 BST

In fvwm-2.0.42, while compiling FvwmForm, I get:

FvwmForm.c: In function `ReadConfig':
FvwmForm.c:280: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
FvwmForm.c:339: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
FvwmForm.c:347: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
FvwmForm.c:355: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast

This is because the function:

  extern XFontStruct *GetFontOrFixed(Display *disp, char *fontname);

isn't being declared in FvwmForm.c.  Maybe FvwmForm.c should #include
fvwmlib.h ?

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:13:14 -0400

>>>>>  My dog, with all his wealth, shouted:
>>>>> "All feel wholesome at the words of the Great Austin Donnelly!"

    Austin> In fvwm-2.0.42, while compiling FvwmForm, I get:

    Austin> FvwmForm.c: In function `ReadConfig': FvwmForm.c:280:
    Austin> warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
    Austin> cast FvwmForm.c:339: warning: assignment makes pointer

I guess you haven't tried compiled the entire fvwm with gcc (~2.7.x)
and -Wall ;^) (Chuck, hint hint!)?

PC sellers are Bill collectors.
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Key
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:19:26 -0400

>>>>> "AV" == Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]> writes:

AV> I guess you haven't tried compiled the entire fvwm with gcc (~2.7.x)
AV> and -Wall ;^) (Chuck, hint hint!)?

I do compile with that, I just haven't bothered to fix it yet...

Chuck

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:26:11 -0400

>>>>>  Data, with all his power, exclaimed:
>>>>> "All kneel at the words of the awe-inspiring Charles Hines!"

    AV> I guess you haven't tried compiled the entire fvwm with gcc
    AV> (~2.7.x) and -Wall ;^) (Chuck, hint hint!)?

    Charles> I do compile with that, I just haven't bothered to fix it
    Charles> yet...

Cool.. they're all warnings though, and all pretty nominal as far as
betas go..