Subject: FVWM: Transparent Windows Titles

From: Paolo "Bussola" Marchiori <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 13:30:39 METDST

There's a trouble I encountered in the 2.0.41 version of FVWM and 
in 2.0.42 also: when I start Fvwm, window borders and titlebars
aren't of the right colour but "transparent". Of course, when I (re)activate
the windows, the colour gets right.

Does anybody else have this problem?
--
______________________________________________________________________
        N       message by Paolo Marchiori aka Bussola
        ^       Computer Science dept - Milano University
        |       http://www.dsi.unimi.it/Users/Students/000008
   W <--O--> E  e-mail: [email-masked]
        |       PGP available via finger
        V       Join me on the first italian MOO: LITTLE ITALY
        S       -=> telnet little.usr.dsi.unimi.it:4444 <=-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:45:52 -0400

>>>>> "Paolo" == Bussola  <Paolo> writes:

Paolo> There's a trouble I encountered in the 2.0.41 version of FVWM
Paolo> and in 2.0.42 also: when I start Fvwm, window borders and
Paolo> titlebars aren't of the right colour but "transparent". Of
Paolo> course, when I (re)activate the windows, the colour gets right.

Paolo> Does anybody else have this problem?

I don't think I've heard anything like this reported before, no.

Chuck

---

From: Alexander Sorg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 10:40:30 -0400

> Does anybody else have this problem?

i encounter this sometimes when i restart fvwm. (2.0.41, solaris)
it is annoying but does not cause trouble otherwise.
thats why i haven't investigated further.

       alex     

URL: http://acs5.bu.edu:8001/~sorg

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Trampler)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:22:16 +0200

Hi.

>>>>> "CH" == Charles Hines <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>> "Paolo" == Bussola  <Paolo> writes:
    Paolo> There's a trouble I encountered in the 2.0.41 version of
    Paolo> FVWM and in 2.0.42 also: when I start Fvwm, window borders
    Paolo> and titlebars aren't of the right colour but
    Paolo> "transparent". Of course, when I (re)activate the windows,
    Paolo> the colour gets right.

    CH> I don't think I've heard anything like this reported before,
    CH> no.

We have this behaviour all the time since I upgraded from 1.24 to
2.40. It shows only on the couple of b/w displays we still have (SUN
Workstations and NCD X-Terminals) but never on color-displays.

The OS is Solaris 2.4.

Since we're about to replace the old machines I never bothered, but
the problem definitely exists.

Cheers

    Martin Trampler