Subject: FVWM: Heya

From: Evan Klinedinst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:06:55 -0400 (EDT)

I have the lastest fvwm on my DEC Alpha running Digital UNIX (OSF/1).

I am also running tkgoodstuff w/ fvwm.  In this tkgoodstuff I am running 
the fvwm pager.  The problem is I cannot use the mouse to switch virtual 
screens i can use like control-next, control-prev to advance it but, the 
mouse doesn't switch the screens.  I tried using FvwmConfig to fix this, 
and I added the line Read .fvwm-config in my .fvwm2rc file.  FvwmConfig 
doesn't seem to save the virtual information in it's file.  Any 
suggestions, thanks.

Evan

Evan Klinedinst CS @ Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech Hokies-The NIT Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs, etc.
email:    [email-masked] : [email-masked]
Internet: http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~eklinedi : http://eklinedi.campus.vt.edu

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:29:50 -0400

You write:
>the fvwm pager.  

Hmm.  Since tkgoodstuff can't "swallow" the FvwmPager, perhaps you are
using tkgoodstuff's Pager client?  If the problem is with tkgoodstuff,
which version of tkgoodstuff are you using?

>The problem is I cannot use the mouse to switch virtual 

I haven't heard of this problem with tkgoodstuff's pager; but I'd be
happy to help you debug it if you send me details.  Which version of
tkgoodstuff are you using?  Does the tkgoodstuff pager correctly track
which virtual screen you are on (the pager button corresponding to the
current page should become sunken) and which screens have windows on
them (the corresponding button should be blue).  I.e., I'm wondering
if the tkgoodstuff/fvwm interface is working for you at all.

Mark