Subject: FVWM: Screen Saver

From: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 96 15:59:06 CDT

Is there a way to enable screen savers (using xlock) after a certain
amount of time in fvwm (still using version 1).

Also I'd like to map a keystroke to cycle through the open windows.
Can anyone give me some pointers on this one?  Thanks.

-- 
Kevin Hilman -- [email-masked] -- http://vision.d.umn.edu/~khilman/
PGP public key available at http://vision.d.umn.edu/~khilman/pgp.txt
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Brandon M. Browning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 14:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

> amount of time in fvwm (still using version 1).

I use xautolock, which allows any arbitrary program to be run after some time
(usually xlock) and also allows the startup of the program if the mouse is
placed in a corner. 

There are other programs as well, but I have found xautolock works best for
me.  I can't remember where I picked it up (it was before I started logging
all my software FTP's) but I think you might be able to find it at ftp.x.org. 

-- Brandon Browning                                                          )
   Powertie Software                                                        (
   http://www.powertie.org/                                                c[]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"If a team is in a positive frame of mind, it will have a good attitude.  If
it has a good attitude, it will make a commitment to playing the game right. 
If it plays the game right, it will win -- unless, of course, it doesn't have
enough talent to win, and no manager can make goose-liver pate out of goose
feathers, so why worry?" 
		-- Sparky Anderson