Subject: FVWM: FVWM wierdness with Java

From: Hai Pham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:59:02 -0400

Hi folks, I've noticed a strange behaviour while hacking Java under FVWM 
that I was wondering if anyone else here has also experienced.

Specifically, I am writing an application using the AWT dialog boxes, and
whenever I open up a dialog box, I don't seem to be able to get labels to
come up reliably when I have more than one panel in the dialog. Labels do
appear, but only randomly.. or after I refresh the screen. Interestingly,
twm also seems to have this problem, but neither mwm or 4Dwm does.  As a 
result of this seemingly random behaviour, I haven't decided if it's a 
bug in Java or FVWM and related window managers.

Needless to say, I've noticed this problem on a SPARC and SGI machine as 
well as my Linux box.. so it's unlikely to be a platform specific problem.

Thanks for any pointers.

hai

-- 
Hai Pham                           office: Computational Imagery Lab
Computing and Information Science  email : [email-masked] 
Queen's University,                http://www.qucis.queensu.ca/home/pham/ 
Kingston, ON, Canada.              #include <std_linux_plugs.h> 

--- End of forwarded message from "Hai Pham" <[email-masked]>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].