Subject: re:"Re: FVWM: focus and pointer"

From: "eli (e.) burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:34:00 -0400

>    Sergios> I just installed fvwm 2.0.41. is it possible to bring a
>    Sergios> window to top (focus) without the mouse cursor moving to
>    Sergios> the top left corner of the window?
>  
>  There is a Focus-patch for 2.0.41 which is built-in to 2.0.42.  It
>  lets you specify the position to warp to (with the Focus function):
>      Focus   0   0       ul corner
>      Focus  50  50       center
>      Focus 100   0       ur corner
>      Focus   0 100       ll corner

	It is nice that you keep bringing this up each time somebody
asks about Focus, but what this poster would really like (and me too! :)
is for Focus not to mess with the mouse at all, or at least have that
be an option in some way.

-Eli

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "eli (e.) burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:25:00 -0400

> Key Tab         A       MS       Prev [CurrentDesk CurrentScreen] Focus
> Key Tab         A       M      Next [CurrentDesk CurrentScreen] Focus
> 
> The top two circulate windows on the current screen, while the bottom two
> circulate between all windows.
> 
> You can use the circulateskip style option on any windows that you, do not
> want to have focus on. (ie. FvwmButtons etc...)
> 
> I use this to change the FOCUS without touching the mouse.
> You would have to make sure not to use the focus follows mouse,
> for this to work properly.

	Unfortunately, there are three problems: 
a) I use FocusFollowsMouse
b) I use SloppyFocus
c) This doesn't solve my problem, and has nothing to do at ALL with what
   I'm moaning and groaning about. This should help you understand the
   problem. Click your third mouse to bring up WinList. Select an xterm
   window off the list. Notice how the mouse cursor jumps to the top 
   left corner of the window? That is the behavior I don't like. But
   PLEASE don't tell me I can change it by giving arguements to Focus.
   I don't want to move the mouse cursor around inside the window. I
   want the mouse cursor to STAY WHERE IT IS ON THE SCREEN!!! :-)

However, I do like your Next and Prev bindings.. if I can get the mouse
to stay where it is, I'll be quite happy with those.. :-)