Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmConfig/Console

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:40:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Graeme McCaffery wrote:

> The connect problem is happening on a solaris 2.4 (sorry for not
> mentioning that)
> 

Can you run the attached patch, re-compile, run, and report the error 
again? This gives me better idea what the error is. I don't have access
to solaris.

> 
> Does fvwmconsole have command substitution, like that of tcsh?
> I reckon that would be very useful especially as most of the modules are
> called Fvwm something
> 

Yes it does. If you create ~/.inputrc, such as,

	Rubout: delete-char
	"\e[214z": beginning-of-line
	"\e[220z": end-of-line
	"\C-i": complete

it will bind tab key to complete command and such. But I don't know exactly
how to specify the directory to search files to complete file name and
extract basename by just configuring this .inputrc file. 

It is much better off if you return the mail to fvwm mailist instead of
just to me. Like I said, I have very limited knowledge on other machines.
Also, I personally use FvwmConsoleC.pl but not GNU readline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshi Isogai   磯貝利明

-- I am an ASIC engineer, not a sick engineer --

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:46:55 -0600 (MDT)

I forgot to say 
 
 http://www.ai.mit.edu/!info/readline.info

has info page on GNU readline.