Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 and accelx server

From: Peter Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:09:14 -0700

Hello,

	I was using fvwm 1.2x for quite a while with the XF86 series 
server, then I have switched to the AccelX server from X-Inside and 
everything still worked ok. But ever since I compiled fvwm2, it wouldn't 
start. It'll process the xinit stuff all the way to the point, where is 
a line "fvwm2" (used to be "fvwm") and there it'll simply stop.
Since I have installed fvwm2 I have to run it thrugh Xterm on startup, 
which is not very elegant. (it works fine with XF86 server). 
	This is totaly wierd to me. Either fvwm is using some non 
standard calls or AccelX doesn't fully conform to the X standard (that's 
the only possibilities I can thik of). Is this just problem on my 
computer or has anybode else experienced this ??

My system is pretty standard: P5/75, Assus MB, 16MB RAM, 
TsengET4000/W32p based video, no non-standerd components.

Any suggestions ?

	Thank you, Martin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Al Lovrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 19:18:25 -0700 (MST)

I have the exact same setup here. I am running fvwm 2.0.41 with AccelX 
version 1.2 and it works just fine.

--
Regards,
Al Lovrich                        Telephone: 1-602-786-7602
[email-masked]              Address: 2355 W Chandler Blvd
                                  Chandler, AZ  85224