Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.42, XEmacs 19.13, and live-icon.el

From: Scott Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:43:23 -0400

I'm using fvwm 2.0.42, XEmacs 19.13, and the live-icon.el package which
assigns an xpm containing a snapshot of the frame as the icon when a frame is
iconified. When I iconify frames, I get these errors from fvwm:

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 130, Error 4, EventType: 2
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 130, Error 4, EventType: 0

The live-icon package still works, though - there's just this set of errors
when I iconify buffers. How should I go about debugging this problem? Thanks,

scott

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J. Scott Hofmann                        | "Violence is the last refuge of
[email-masked]                        |  the incompetent." -Salvor Hardin,
...!uupsi!visix!scotth                  |  _Foundation_ by Issac Asimov
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:04:06 -0400

----------
> when I iconify buffers. How should I go about debugging this problem? Thanks,

Near as  I could tell,  this is fvwm2  getting an indication  that the
pixmap is invalid.  However if  you capture the xpm that  live-icon.el
creates,  and display it with xv,  it  is perfectly valid, and doesn't
cause any error messages.

I    tried      following the    code     in   XEmacs    that executes
"x-set-frame-icon-pixmap", but wasn't  really successful.   I would be
interested in what is behind this also.

The   only helpful advice   I have is  use   "contool" as your console
process.   (Find  it with archie.)  This is  the most flexible console
process I have seen to  date.  I was able  to enter a "filter" into it
that ignores those pesky messages.

--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].