Subject: FVWM: compiling 2.0.42, any problems with Xpm libs?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 13:11:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,
	I just tried to compile .42 and it kept croaking at:

icons.o: In function `GetXPMFile':
icons.o(.text+0xf81): undefined reference to `XpmReadFileToPixmap'
../libs/libfvwm2.a(Picture.o): In function `LoadPicture':
Picture.o(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `XpmReadFileToPixmap'
make[1]: *** [fvwm2] Error 1

Everything else goes as planned.  I have not changed my libs since last 
time ;-)

Kudos to all of those who are making FVWM the best possible WM around.  
Just wanted to let all those who are actively developing know that all of 
their hard work DOES go noticed.  Keep up the excellent work.
					Jason 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 16:45:00 -0400

>>>>> "Jason" == 31howk  <[email-masked]> writes:

Jason> Hello all,
Jason>  I just tried to compile .42 and it kept croaking at:

Jason> icons.o: In function `GetXPMFile':
Jason> icons.o(.text+0xf81): undefined reference to `XpmReadFileToPixmap'
Jason> ../libs/libfvwm2.a(Picture.o): In function `LoadPicture':
Jason> Picture.o(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `XpmReadFileToPixmap'
Jason> make[1]: *** [fvwm2] Error 1

Jason> Everything else goes as planned.  I have not changed my libs
Jason> since last time ;-)

Perhaps your Xpm lib is an older version that doesn't have this
function.  Try grabbing a newer copy.

Jason> Kudos to all of those who are making FVWM the best possible WM
Jason> around.  Just wanted to let all those who are actively
Jason> developing know that all of their hard work DOES go noticed.
Jason> Keep up the excellent work.

I'm glad you're "another satisfied customer".

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].