Subject: FVWM: Question to FvwmM4 or FvwmCpp

From: Andreas Tack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:12:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

I'm new to this list, so forgive me if this is an FAQ. It would be kind to
receive a pointer in the right direction in this case ;-)

Now here is my problem: i would like to have my fvwm button bar nicely 
centered at the bottom of the screen regardsless of which machine i'm
logging on from. This is necessary because i have terminal with 
resolution as high as 1600x1280 and as low as 800x600.

So it would be nice to preprocess my .fvwmrc with fvwmm4 or fvmwcpp to change
the line

*FvwmButtonsGeometry 1000x70+140-1

to something using the variables HEIGHT and WIDTH like

using the variables HEIGHT and WIDTH like

*FvwmButtonsGeometry (0.9*WIDTH)x(0.1*HEIGHT)+(0.05*WIDTH)-1

I know that this can be done (since these two modules are designed for this
purpose) but i have not the slightest idea about the correct way of writing
this. If someone out there uses this technique to accomplish something similiar
please send me and info.

Any help would be great

thanx

Andreas
-- 
Andreas Tack                     Real-time-Voice-Connect: +49 (0)721 608 2326 
[email-masked]                       FAX: +49 (0)721 607102  
      http://ttk1.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de/mitarbeiter/ib09/ib09.html 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Apr 1996 16:24:10 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:12:50 +0200 (MET DST), Andreas Tack
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

  Andreas> *FvwmButtonsGeometry (0.9*WIDTH)x(0.1*HEIGHT)+(0.05*WIDTH)-1

MaxWindowSize translit("WIDTH*HEIGHT", *, x)

Using a different window manager, I used to have the above line in my
config file.  You might have to toy some more with the translit
function.  Also, there is eval, I think, which lets you do numeric
computations.  I don't recall how I did *that*, though.

hth,
kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summertime blues.