Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 help

From: "Gautam R. Desai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 10:54:32 -0800

Hello
I recently downloaded and compiled fvwm2. I can run the window manager
but I have following problems:

1) I cant seem to be able to move, resize, or open (If application
started as iconify) windows.

2) I dont see FvwmBottons.

3) I dont see the desktop layout.

4) I cant switch to other desks.

I would appreciate someone helping on this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
	Gautam R. Desai				(510) 624-5676
	TELCO Systems, Inc.			email: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 14:11:04 -0500

>>>>> "Gautam" == Gautam R Desai <[email-masked]> writes:

Gautam> Hello
Gautam> I recently downloaded and compiled fvwm2. I can run the window manager
Gautam> but I have following problems:

Gautam> 1) I cant seem to be able to move, resize, or open (If application
Gautam> started as iconify) windows.

Gautam> 2) I dont see FvwmBottons.

Gautam> 3) I dont see the desktop layout.

Gautam> 4) I cant switch to other desks.

Gautam> I would appreciate someone helping on this.

You probably don't have a .fvwm2rc file.  Copy the included sample
system.fvwmrc to $HOME/.fvwm2rc and try it again.

Chuck