Subject: FVWM: XEmacs vs. fvwm... more info

From: "Michael J. Carter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:02:08 -0600 (MDT)

I've investigated a bit further and can now reliably reproduce the bug
for any XEmacs window...

Just do a restart. XEmacs windows on OTHER desks/pages will not accept
key/mouse input until they are iconified/deiconified. XEmacs windows
on the current desk/page work fine after a restart.

This is with sunos4.1.4/fvwm-2.0.42/X11R6/gcc-2.7/XEmacs-19.13

mjc

-- 
Michael J. Carter              | While money can't buy happiness, it
[email-masked]               | certainly lets you choose your own form of
Space Data Systems (NIS-3)     | misery.
Los Alamos National Laboratory |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 16:30:28 -0400

>>>>>  King Henry VIII, with all his force, spaketh:
>>>>> "All kneel at the words of the human Michael J Carter!"

    Michael> I've investigated a bit further and can now reliably
    Michael> reproduce the bug for any XEmacs window...

    Michael> Just do a restart. XEmacs windows on OTHER desks/pages
    Michael> will not accept key/mouse input until they are
    Michael> iconified/deiconified. XEmacs windows on the current
    Michael> desk/page work fine after a restart.

    Michael> This is with
    Michael> sunos4.1.4/fvwm-2.0.42/X11R6/gcc-2.7/XEmacs-19.13

This happens also under Linux here when the above actions are
perfomed.

PC sellers are Bill collectors.
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Key
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Borges <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 1996 10:44:49 -0600

>> On Wed, 17 Apr 1996 16:30:28 -0400,
>> Andrew Veliath(a) wrote:

Michael> This is with

a> This happens also under Linux here when the above actions are
a> perfomed.

Chuck, you use Linux, right? Yet you said you don't see it like
Andrew does? What is the common denominator amongst those of us who do
see it?

I thought I'd be able to report there was hope, but I can't.

I see the same thing with

  Solaris-2.3/fvwm-2.0.42/X11R6/SUNWspro-cc-3.0.1/XEmacs-19.14-b17

I hadn't noticed that iconify/de-iconify fixes it (I'd always deleted
the frame and created a new one, which also works).

The restart function is broken in other ways, most notably style flags
read in via CPP are not applied to existing windows after a restart.

This (and the FvwmPager timing bug) are IMHO the two bugs that should,
if at all possible, be fixed before the net release.
-- 
  -mb-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Anthony Stevens <xwin@[161.109.180.60]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 12:13:54 -0500 (CDT)

I was wondering if there is anyplace on the net where I could get some 
FVWMmodules that don't come with FVWM..  Also I was wondering if the 
modules work for both version of fvwm or if they are version specific..

Thanks
Anthony Stevens

---

From: まつしたまこと <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:19:01 +0900

xwin> I was wondering if there is anyplace on the net where I could
xwin> get some FVWMmodules that don't come with FVWM..  Also I was
xwin> wondering if the modules work for both version of fvwm or if
xwin> they are version specific..

I've collected (in my archive named CFAN :-) some modules which is not
included in fvwm distribution. Here is a list.

* FvwmAdlLog
	Research oriented module to get data about the user action.
* FvwmWish
	One of Tcl/Tk extension, to handle module interface.
* fvwish
	Yet another Tcl/Tk extension.
* TkGoodStuff
	Exactly this is NOT a module but an application,
	includes TkFvwm (Tcl/Tk extension for fvwm)
* FvwmTaskBar
	Windows95-like taskbar. Be with to fvwm95.

I think most of all modules are come with 2.0.42. You don't worry :-)

- -
Makoto `MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA