Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 1.24r StubbornIcons

From: "Barton E. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 18:05:29 -0700

Back in March, I wrote:

} I've yet to come up with a compelling reason to switch from 1.x [....]
} I find that I'm using nearly every one of the fvwm 1.x settings that
} have been dropped in 2.0 [....]
} Of these, Cursor and StubbornIcons are the most important (even though
} StubbornIcons seems to work only part of the time).

As long as I'm still waiting for these to show up :-) I thought I'd mention
that I figured out what makes StubbornIcons fail.

I use FvwmPager swallowed by GoodStuff, rather than the builtin pager, and
I have the following settings in .fvwmrc:

# press arrow + control + meta anywhere, and scroll by 1 desk
# (desks are arranged horizontally, so up/down just scroll)
Key Left	A	CM	Desk -1 0
Key Right	A	CM	Desk +1 0
Key Up		A	CM	Scroll +0 -100
Key Down	A	CM	Scroll +0 +100

Seems that whenever I change desks by using ctrl-meta-arrow, my icons lose
their stubbornness.  If I always change desks by mousing in the FvwmPager,
everything works fine.

Anybody have any idea why this happens?  Any suggested workarounds?

BTW, I noticed that my patch for fvwmrc_convert didn't make it into 2.0.42
(or at least it didn't get mentioned in the change log).  Oh, well.

-- 
Bart Schaefer                     Vice President, Technology, Z-Code Software
[email-masked]                  Division of NCD Software Corporation
http://www.well.com/www/barts

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].