Subject: FVWM: SloppyFocus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 09:54:14 +0200

Hello Folks!

	Has anybody got SloppyFocus to work? Is it supposed to be a
built-in command or is there a module somewhere on the net? The one
and only reference in the FVWM distribution is on the second line in the
5th paragraph on first page of the FVWM man pages!

	Cheerio just now,

					Bard 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 1996 11:06:52 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 09:54:14 +0200,
>>>>> [email-masked] said:

  Bard> Has anybody got SloppyFocus to work?

For Fvwm 2, you need the following line in your .fvwm2rc:

,-----
| Style "*" SloppyFocus
`-----

For me, this works just dandy.
kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summertime blues.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Sean Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 06:51:41 -0600

>>>>> "Bard" == bard saadatnejad <[email-masked]> writes:

Try

	Style "*" SloppyFocus

-- 
Sean Kelly                          
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    [email-masked]
Boulder Colorado USA                http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/~kelly/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Hal DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 07:36:14 -0500

>>>>> "bard" == bard saadatnejad <[email-masked]> writes:

    bard> Hello Folks!

    bard> 	Has anybody got SloppyFocus to work? Is it supposed to
    bard> be a built-in command or is there a module somewhere on the
    bard> net? The one and only reference in the FVWM distribution is
    bard> on the second line in the 5th paragraph on first page of the
    bard> FVWM man pages!

I'm running 2.0.39 at the moment.  Sloppyfocus is a "Style" setting, I
use:

Style "*"		BorderWidth 5, HandleWidth 5, SloppyFocus

-- 
Hal DeVore              | PGP Key fingerprint:
BMC Software, Inc.      | EA A3 2F 62 98 38 B0 15  F0 85 76 33 E1 5A 2A 64
Houston, TX  USA        | 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:06:34 +0200

Does anybody know if it is possible to specify the placement of icons
in the root window? The default seems to be in the vacinity of the top
right hand corner of the window being iconified. This can be very
irksome since the top right hand corner of most windows end up under
some other window! I know that IconBox can be used but then I loose
all the fancy SHAPEd icons which come with the distribution. Besides,
I don't want an extra window just to keep track of my icons.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheerio just now,

		Bard

---

From: Richard Kaszeta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 07:50:12 -0500

>I don't want an extra window just to keep track of my icons.

In what way does using IconBox make you lose the SHAPEd icons?  Are
you sure you aren't confusing the IconBox directive with the
FvwmIconBox module?

-- 
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
[email-masked]			University of MN, ME Dept
http://www.me.umn.edu/0h/home/kaszeta/www.html
--
Wake up and smell the Kafka.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].