Subject: FVWM: Please help. Where can I get libc.so.3.0?

From: Mitch Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:46:06 -0500

I got fvwm95-2 from ftp.freebsd.org yesterday and installed it
and got it working at one point with the virtual desktop but then
I got so excited I thought I would try to fix it so I could get the win95
bottom taskbar working. But that was a dumb idea cause since then
I haven't been able to get the virtual desktop back. It keeps complaining
about "libc.so.3.0". Does anybody know what package libc.so.3.0 belongs
to?

			Thanks [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Viren R. Shah)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:25:25 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "Mitch" == Mitch Shaw <[email-masked]> writes:

  Mitch> I got fvwm95-2 from ftp.freebsd.org yesterday and installed
  Mitch> it and got it working at one point with the virtual desktop
  Mitch> but then I got so excited I thought I would try to fix it so
  Mitch> I could get the win95 bottom taskbar working. But that was a
  Mitch> dumb idea cause since then I haven't been able to get the
  Mitch> virtual desktop back. It keeps complaining about
  Mitch> "libc.so.3.0". Does anybody know what package libc.so.3.0
  Mitch> belongs to?

That's the libc that comes along with your OS (FreeBSD?). do a 
   ldd `which fvwm95` (or whatever the fvwm95 executable is called) 
It should report being linked against libc.so.3.0
Now search thru /usr/lib  and see what versions of libc you have. 

  Mitch> 			Thanks [email-masked]
		
Viren
--
Viren Shah ++ [email-masked] ++ (404)881-8563 [H] ++ (404)894-4650 [W]
  * If you understand what you're doing, you are not learning anything *
       +++ FreeBSD cy.cs.olemiss.edu 2.0-RELEASE VIRENTWO#0 i386 +++
                FreeBSD: It's free, it's fast, it's fun.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].