Subject: FVWM: Looking for gcc pre-compiled for Sparc Solaris 2.5

From: "Richard A. Guay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 17:26:35 -0400

Hi,

This list sure has been dead.  I have not recieved a post in quite a while.

I know what I am asking is not a topic for this list, but I do not know 
where else to go.  I need to get a precompiled version of GNU gcc and 
binutils for the Sparc Solaris 2.5 Operating System (Solaris does not come 
with it's own compiler - you have to get it extra!).  Can anyone out there 
give me a hand?  Thanks in advance.

Richard A. Guay
[email-masked]
http://www.asicint.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike Blatchley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:17:58 -0600 (MDT)

> give me a hand?  Thanks in advance.

GNU/FSF sites have a precompiled binary of the gcc compiler for Solaris.  
I've used it to rebuild the compiler under Solaris 2.3....I would suppose 
it will also work under 2.5.  The binaries can be found at the following 
sites:

ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/GNU/sparc-sun-solaris2/gcc-binaries-2.5.6.tar.gz
ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/......

You also might need the gzip binaries found there.  I believe the 
instructions that come with this package will tell you what you need to 
do to re-compile the latest compiler (gcc-2.7.2.tar.gz).  I did not 
require anything additional out of binutils....everything else I needed 
was installed with Solaris.

Mike Blatchley
======================================================================
                * email: [email-masked] *
              * MIME Mail Reader * PGP Key Available *
======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Borges <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Apr 1996 13:04:03 -0600

>> On Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:17:58 -0600 (MDT),
>> Mike Blatchley(MB) wrote:
>> give me a hand?  Thanks in advance.

MB> GNU/FSF sites have a precompiled binary of the gcc compiler for Solaris.  
MB> I've used it to rebuild the compiler under Solaris 2.3....I would suppose 
MB> it will also work under 2.5. 

You could also try:

	http://smc.vnet.net/solaris_2.5.html

which has a bunch of binaries in Solaris package format.

-- 
  -mb-