Subject: FVWM: Behavior questions

From: Tom Serkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:39:25 -0600

A couple of questions:
1. I always see the following error when I Restart fvwm2:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2c00003
  Serial number of failed request:  2645
  Current serial number in output stream:  2646
FVWM: Call of 'fvwm' failed!!!!
...I assume it has something to do with FvwmButtons & a Swallowed 
process.

2. I have trouble raising some Sun 'tool' subwindows.  For example 
imagetool has a palette subwindow.  I press mouse button 3 in the 
palette's title bar and it does RaiseLower correctly.  However, I do 
the same thing in the main window and it refuses to raise - it'll 
lower but not raise.
The relevant config line:
Mouse 3 TSIF    A       RaiseLower

3. This may be the wrong place to ask, but the exmh group hasn't been 
much help so far...
I use exmh on fvwm2 on openwin on Solaris 2.5
In the simple edit text window, the paste operation is now putting 
text at the MOUSE cursor location, where on my Linux system at home 
it gets pasted at the TEXT cursor location.  Is there some well-known 
X resource that may be causing this behavior?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

-Tom

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].