Subject: FVWM: Window positions from .fvwm2rc?

From: "Georg Hager" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 09:35:16 -0600

Hi all!

I'm afraid this is again one of those `It's great but I'd like to have
added....' comments. Apologies :-) But maybe I just didn't notice something in
TFM.

Is there a way to specify window positions in .fvwm2rc? I have one or two
programs which I'd like to fire up at login, but they don't accept the usual
toolkit options like -geometry (and they don't have anything similar).  So I
need something like

Style  "fooprog"  WindowPosition +20+20

If this is not possible, can it be implemented easily?

Bye,
Georg.

PS: BTW, fvwm2 is just MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! 8=)

-- 
[email-masked]
Tel. 0921/55-3213

   ``God created the integers, men made the remaining''    (Kronecker)

   ... but surely the Devil let them conceive partial differential equations!
--
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 11:48:35 -0400

This is untested, but perhaps a function like this:

AddToFunc position_at_start "I" Exec $1
+ "I" Wait $2
+ "I" Next [$2] Focus
+ "I" Move $3 $4

would do the trick?

The usage would be such that $1 is the command to run, $2 the window
name of that application and $3 and $4 the x and y positions (probably
want to use the "p" suffix for pixels rather than percentage).

Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]