Subject: FVWM: 2.0.42 FvwmButtons

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:49:16 CDT

i'm not sure if this is a bug with the new FvwmButtons or me doing
something stupid, but it seems that if an Exec has parentheses in it, it
doesn't get Exec'd.  For instance, in 2.0.41, i had the following line
in my .fvwm2rc to swallow xdaliclock:

*FvwmButtons(2x1)       -       whatever        Swallow "XDaliClock"
Exec (sleep 20; nice /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/xdaliclock
-noseconds -fn "-*-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" -fg
gray63 -bg SteelBlue4 -bw 0 -geometry 130x50-1500-1500) &

(all on one line of, course, i just wrapped for clarity) and it worked
just fine.  slept for 20 seconds, then fired up xdaliclock.  however, in
2.0.42, the following line does nothing:

*FvwmButtons(2x1 Swallow(NoClose UseOld) "XDaliClock" 'Exec (sleep 20;
nice /afs/isu/rental/kerplunk/bin/@sys/xdaliclock -noseconds -fn
"-*-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" -fg gray63 -bg
SteelBlue4 -bw 0 -geometry 130x50-1500-1500) &' )

(again, wrapped for clarity) but if i take out the "(sleep 20;" and the
corresponding ")", it works fine...

--chris.

--
chris rode - [email-masked]                -- Help Room Consultant
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/         -- 138 Durham Center, 294-1314
"why don't we just have a stupidity    depeche mode, erasure, moby, new order,
 tax? just tax the stupid people!"     pet shop boys and recoil rock my world.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].