Subject: FVWM: differences between starting from CLI and WM - part2

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Riehm)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:54:34 +0200 (MEZ)

Hi again,

I've investigated my problem a little closer, and have discovered that
the only difference - as far as the environment is concerned - between
starting an application from the CLI and from the window manager, is
that the windowmanager can't supply a TTY. Starting ImageMagick
without a tty (ie: program < /dev/null > /dev/null ) results in silent
failure.

So - is there a way to have fvwm2.041 supply a tty to a program that
it executes? (pty's would be just as good I expect)

Thanks in advance,

Steve
_______________________________ ._ o  ________________________________
//   Stephen Riehm             /  //\.        [email-masked]
\\\\ pc-plus                  '  \>> |         Phone: +49 89 62030 148
//// 81539 Munich, Germany        \\ `           Fax: +49 89 62030 113
  \\
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].