Subject: FVWM: Improved tbpixmap hack

From: Seth Burgess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 11:02:29 -0500 (CDT)

I went ahead and delved into the sources, and got the following into Andrews
cool patch:

1) New Directive - PixmapJustify
                   It takes "Left", "Right", or "Center" 
		   (someone requested this and it wasn't difficult)

2) New Directive - PixmapTile
                   It doesn't take any arguements - by specifying it
                   you are saying "yes".  The code responsible for the
                   manipulations is the same as my previous patch.  This
                   overrides PixmapJustify.

The documentation on these new ones is missing, so save this e-mail!

So your .fvwm2rc will have a line (or three) resembling this:

TitleStyle flat leftjustified ActivePixmapUp denim.xpm ActivePixmapDown smiley.x
pm
TitleStyle InactivePixmap cool_blocks.xpm PixmapJustify Center

or 

TitleStyle flat leftjustified ActivePixmapUp denim.xpm ActivePixmapDown smiley.x
pm
TitleStyle InactivePixmap cool_blocks.xpm PixmapTile

The patch itself is uuencoded, gziped, in context diff form (my thanks to
Lars Wirzenius for helping me figure diff out).  It includes everything
that Andrew's did, except the changes in documentation and a couple of
very small changes in the flow.

If imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, then Andrew should 
consider himself sincerely flattered =]  Thank you a LOT, because without
your patch I'd have never started.

Any other suggestions?  Would people be intrested in a pixmap tiled around
the border?  It'd be a lot of work, but I'm learning tons by doing these.

Anyway, lemme know what you think! 

Seth Burgess
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 17:02:10 -0400

>>>>> "All perform backflips at the words of the resourceful Seth Burgess!"

    Seth> 1) New Directive - PixmapJustify It takes "Left", "Right",
    Seth> or "Center" (someone requested this and it wasn't difficult)

    Seth> 2) New Directive - PixmapTile It doesn't take any arguements
    Seth> - by specifying it you are saying "yes".  The code
    Seth> responsible for the manipulations is the same as my previous
    Seth> patch.  This overrides PixmapJustify.

I've been wanting to do this for a while (no time right now), and I
have some concrete ideas for optimizing the pixmap button code (to
make it more flexible and smaller).

My next title bar patch will contain the something similar (probably
syntactically very similar), however the implementation will be using
the new code features (also want to use more native X features).

I also have some other features I will be working on for future
patches.

Have fun!

PC sellers are Bill collectors.
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Key
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].