Subject: FVWM: Possible bug in FvwmPager when used with M4 or Cpp.

From: Steffen Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:15:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi, sorry if this is a known problem (i'm new on the mailing list).

I have found a strange problem with FvwmPager: When fvwm2 config-file is 
read through one of the preprocesser-modules, it will not let you move 
around your virtual desktop. I have narrowed the problem down to just two 
lines (i call the file `test.fvwm2rc'):

-------------------------------------------------
DeskTopSize 2x2
AddToFunc "InitFunction" "I" Module FvwmPager 0 0
-------------------------------------------------

When i start fvwm2 with

% fvwm2 -f "Read /home/stefh/test.fvwm2rc"

Things work just fine, but when i use

% fvwm2 -f "FvwmM4 /home/stefh/test.fvwm2rc"

or

% fvwm2 -f "FvwmCpp /home/stefh/test.fvwm2rc"

nothing happens when i move the mouse to the edge of the screen. In 
fact i need to click in the pager or move a window out of the screen `to 
get paging started'

I have Linux 1.3.72, XFree 3.1.2D, fvwm-2.0.42, and i have seen the 
problem with fvwm-2.0.40 in Solaris-2.[4-5] and Irix-5.3 too.

Have fun,
--------------
Steffen Hansen
email: [email-masked]
URL:   http://www.imada.ou.dk/~stefh

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:41:00 -0400

This sounds more like some confusion with EdgeScroll rather than the
Pager module.  Do you have any EdgeScroll settings that might be
affected by either M4 or Cpp?

Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Email: [email-masked]