Subject: FVWM: Num Lock strangeness

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Edwards)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 22:28:26 -0500

When I turn on Num Lock, fvwm will no longer change the focus of a
window. I can raise and lower windows, but they won't take
focuse. Various key bindings stop working as well.

Occurs on both 2.0.25 and 2.0.41, on AIX 4.1.4
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:26:04 -0700 (MST)

> focuse. Various key bindings stop working as well.

Num Lock is a kind of key/mouse modifier. So if your config is something 
like,

   Mouse 1  R    N       Menu "Utilities" Nop

Mouse button 1 won't work when num-locked because it specified as no 
modifier.

Adding the next line will fix your problem

   Mouse 1  R    4       Menu "Utilities" Nop

Depending on your keyboard, it might be 3 instead of 4 for Num Lock key.
You can find it with xkeycaps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshi Isogai   磯貝利明

-- I am an ASIC engineer, not a sick engineer --

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾