Subject: FVWM: Sending keystrokes to windows from module

From: Alan Jaffray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:44:43 -0500 (CDT)

I'm writing a Python/Tk app which creates a small window and then
recognizes pen input (mouse input with button1 down, basically) in
that window as characters.  What I want is for those characters to
be sent to the currently active window.

It seems like the easiest way to do this would be to write it as
a fvwm module, using the packets from fvwm to keep track of what's
active, and sending commands back to fvwm to tell it to send the
keystrokes to whichever window.

It looks like a) there currently is no builtin command to send a 
keystroke to a window, so b) I can't do it this way, even though
c) writing such a builtin should be fairly simple (but also most
likely beyond my C and X skills.)

However, I am a horrible newbie at all this.  I would greatly 
appreciate it if someone with more of a clue could confirm or 
refute the above, or offer any other suggestions.  Thanks.

Alan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].