Subject: FVWM: FvwmConfig/Console

From: [email-masked] (Graeme McCaffery)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 17:39:01 +0100 (BST)

I can just about get FvwmConsole to compile, but I keep getting the
error message:

FvwmConsoleC error in connect

What is wrong

I'm not sure if we have the readline libraries here, if we have, how can
I know? I've compiled comenting out the libraries and leaving them in,
yet I get the same error.
Also FvwmConsole isn't in the Imakefile in the main directory.

Secondly I can't get FvwmConfig to compile. I have X11R5 on this system.
Any tips to get it to work, anyone?

Graeme
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:29:42 -0600 (MDT)

> FvwmConsoleC error in connect

This is a client-server problem. What machine and OS are you using?
(I have very limited knowledge outside of Sun/SunOs. So I may not be 
helpful, but somebody will.>
 
> yet I get the same error.

If you can compile with/without, then you have one. The library is 
libreadline.a. This library is nothing to do with 'connect' error.

> Also FvwmConsole isn't in the Imakefile in the main directory.

FvwmConsole is not quite portable yet. I think Chuck can answer better on
this one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshi Isogai   磯貝利明

-- I am an ASIC engineer, not a sick engineer --

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾