Subject: FVWM: iconbox

From: "John Junior Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:07:28 -0400

is there a way to define multiple iconboxes with fvwm2??  i would like for the
icons to 1st line up on the bottom of the screen & then the right hand side of
the screen.  i have the following lines in my .fvwm2rc file.

Style "*" IconBox -25 1 -1 -1
Style "*" IconBox 5 -70 -140 -5

thankx.

-- 
**************************************************************************

==================================================
||John J. Dawkins II                            ||
||Electrical & Computer Engineering             ||
||662E  2110 Avent Ferry Road                   ||
||Raleigh, NC  27606                            ||
||(919)512-6853                                 ||
[email-masked]                         ||
||http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jjdawkin/www            ||
==================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: tim werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:37:52 -0400

>From: "John Junior Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
>Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:07:28 -0400

>i have the following lines in my .fvwm2rc file.

>Style "*" IconBox 5 -70 -140 -5

You must associate the iconbox with some icons.  Your second line simply
overrides the first.  E.g., I have two icon boxes, one across the lower
part of the screen, for xterms, and the rest go across the top of the
screen.  I think these are the only two lines that matter:

========================================================================
Style "*"           DecorateTransient,IconBox 0 0 -1 70
Style "XTerm"       IconBox 0 -70 -1 -1
========================================================================

Since the Xterm line comes second, it has precedence.

tw

---

From: Sean Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:07:40 -0600

>>>>> "Tim" == tim werner <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tim> You must associate the iconbox with some icons.  Your second
    Tim> line simply overrides the first.

I think what he might want are two iconboxes; when one fills, use the
other.

Although I never used the feature, I believe in Fvwm 1.2 you could
specify multiple iconboxes; they'd get used in their specified order
as the regions filled up.  I'm not sure if it works that way in Fvwm
2.0, though.

If it does, then the specification is an issue: if they're on
different lines, do they override or augment?  If they're on the same
line, they ought to augment.

-- 
Sean Kelly                          
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    [email-masked]
Boulder Colorado USA                http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/~kelly/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 96 19:09 BST

> as the regions filled up.  I'm not sure if it works that way in Fvwm

Fvwm1 allowed multiple icon boxes: when one filled, then next was
used.

This feature was taken out of fvwm2.

I find it a great loss: what was the reason for removing the feature?

Austin