Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmPager Bug ??

From: [email-masked] (Graeme McCaffery)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 08:45:53 GMT

I've noticed a similar problem when running solaris 2.4 on a sparc20 and fvwm2.

Motif programs seem to have the most problem. They crash my X server occasionally but not alway. from what I can determine is that it has somthing to do with a signal being caught

I'm not sure if this is a fvwm problem but if anyone knows what is happening, I would be grateful.

Graeme
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 09:24:50 -0500

>>>>> "Graeme" == Graeme McCaffery <[email-masked]> writes:

Graeme> I've noticed a similar problem when running solaris 2.4 on a
Graeme> sparc20 and fvwm2.

Graeme> Motif programs seem to have the most problem. They crash my X
Graeme> server occasionally but not alway. from what I can determine
Graeme> is that it has somthing to do with a signal being caught

I've seen Netscape bring down our X servers here, and it seems to be
linked to the motif scrollbar somehow.  I don't know if it's exactly
the same problem that you are seeing, but I thought it was worth
mentioning.  It's happening under AIX 3.2.5, X11R5, Motif 1.2.4.  I do
believe that some patch installed under AIX fixes it though.

Graeme> I'm not sure if this is a fvwm problem but if anyone knows
Graeme> what is happening, I would be grateful.

I don't believe it has anything to do with fvwm, since it's killing X
itself and some people here see it under mwm as well.

Chuck