Subject: FVWM: MWMButtons

From: Jarl Totland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:36:30 +0100 (MET)

The other night I changed my window titlebar somewhat, I now have the 
following two buttons on the right hand side: Maximize (4), Resize (2).
Using MWMButtons I thought I would get button 4 to look pressed when the
window was maximized, but no - it turns out this behaviour is hardcoded
to button 2, so when I maximize my window, the resize button is inverted.

Actually it turns out the MWM stuff is hardwired to work with 
button 1 as menu, button 2 as maximize and button 4 as minimize.

I guess this could be figured out dynamically, like the shading of
the menu, by parsing the actions performed by each button to see
which are which, and also to provide the 'pressed-look' on maximize
button.

Another neat thing would be to be able to get this depressed behaviour
on other buttons, like a Stick/Unstick button that is depressed when the
window is sticky... I guess this would have to be set in the ButtonStyle,
but as I haven't tested the pxp2 patch I'm not really uptodate on the 
syntax of this. Btw, does the patch also handle bitmaps?

Just some general thoughts.

Oh and btw, there is a new FvwmButtons out :-)

Vyrdsamt,
-Jarl

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:42:29 +0100

Hi,

In addition to the idea of Jarl, I suggest that for every titlebar button,
another ButtonStyle is specified. So one for unpressed situation and one
for the pressed situation. That way, you are not limited to `looking pressed',
`looking unpressed'.

A symbolic name for ButtonStyles might not be a bad idea, maybe.

Greetz, Micha