Subject: FVWM: Coloring xterms

From: Jonathan Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:46:43 -0500 (EST)

This is another 'somthing I've been wondering about' type 
questions....Please bear with me cuz I don't know much about programming X.
Here we go....
	Instead of changing the color if the text IN the xterms (or in 
the title bars) Would it be possible to change the color of the border of 
xterms on a semi-individual basis....ie. All xterms with a field 'X' in 
their title or based upon which machine they originate, etc.... 
It sounds a lot like some sort of style flag (which people seem to hate 
adding...and I don't mean that as a criticism)....I was wondering if the 
concept was outright impossible or extremely difficult or even simple....

	Jon Watson
*-------------------------------------------*-------------------------------*
| The MITRE Corporation			    | Northeastern University       |
| D086 Advanced Systems - Signal Processing | Boston,  Mass., USA.	    |
| Bedford, Mass., USA.		  	    | College of Engineering (EE)   |
|        [email-masked]	 	    |    [email-masked]  |
*-------------------------------------------*-------------------------------*

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:08:38 GMT

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:46:43 -0500 (EST)
> From: Jonathan Watson <[email-masked]>
> 

It should be possible using lines in your .fvwm2rc file like:

Style "*host1*"       Color black/grey
Style "*host2*"       Color green/yellow
Style "*host3*"       Color black/darkblue

The string in quotes is compared to the window's name, class and
resource string and the style is applied to all windows which match.

P.S. Don't actually use Green/Yellow, it is *really* bad for the eyes!

-- 
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer <[email-masked]>
Primagraphics Limited, Graphics Court, Melbourn Science Park,
Melbourn, Royston, Herts SG8 6EJ, England. Tel. +44 1763 262041
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].