Subject: FVWM: xpm, biffs and buttons.

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 00:48:54 GMT

Slightly offtopic again but my news server died in a minor fire apparently so
this is the closest thing. 

I'd a look at 'xpmbiff' which I saw mentioned in the archives of this list
(see? sorta on topic, honest!), I'd really like a biff that used xpm's, but 
xpmbiff isn't it.
Its too simple, it only tells me that I have mail, even if I have read it
and not gotten about to filing it (or scrapping it).

Besides that I currently use xbiff++ which allows different xbm's for
different people and plays a different sound. Unfortunately this one
time pride of my desktop now looks oddly colourless, does anyone have
any suggestions as to what to use instead? What do people out there in
Fvwm land generally swallow to keep a check on their mail?

Preferred features:
	- Checks mail status
	- Uses Xpm's
	- Allows for different piccies/sounds

Xfaces not an option by the way.

On a unrelated note Jarl's button bar can be made to look nice! Good work fella.
(Guess what I spent the afternoon doing? Pity that it took so long to figure out
why the bar with only swallowed items was *tiny*!)
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].