Subject: FVWM: FVWM-2.0.41 - behaves differently on different machines!

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Riehm)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 11:33:52 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi All,

I noticed yesterday that fvwm on NetBSD behaves differently than fvwm
on AIX (I don't have any other machines to test it on).

Anyway, I've got the following key mappings:

Key Left    A	2	Prev [ CurrentDesk CurrentScreen !iconic ] focus
Key Right   A	2	Next [ CurrentDesk CurrentScreen !iconic ] focus

on AIX, these keys warp me from one window to another, without leaving
the current screen (I've got other keymaps to jump between screens).
Hitting these keys repeatedly cycles between the windows, so if I
happen to go in the wrong direction, I can keep going and still get to
my destination (normally I only have 2-3 windows on a screen, so
cycling like this is perfect)

On NetBSD (1.1 on an Amiga) it doesn't cycle, instead, it get's to the
end of the list and stops, so I waste a bunch of keystrokes if I go in
the wrong direction, since I first have to move at least once too
often to find out that I've hit the end of the list, and then I've got
to back up through the whole list to get to the window I wanted (or
I've got to grappel for the mouse).

Has anyone else noticed something like this? The sources used to
compile the two versions were identicle - the imake configurations and
compilers were of course different, but this looks like completely
different code.

Steve
_______________________________ ._ o  ________________________________
//   Stephen Riehm             /  //\.        [email-masked]
\\\\ pc-plus                  '  \>> |         Phone: +49 89 62030 148
//// 81539 Munich, Germany        \\ `           Fax: +49 89 62030 113
  \\
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].