Subject: FVWM: new module for fvwm

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:36:08 +0100

Hello !

I've hacked FvwmWinList and Win95look to produce a new module : a button
bar of active windows. The focused one is depressed and you can hide or
raise any window in a mouse click.

My main goal was to provide a quick way to retrieve an application's
window, especially iconised one.
Besides, I added a status window with a digital clock and an incoming
mail icon. It awfully looks like the MS-thing, but I found it usefull.
I also added support for 'swallowing' windows, but it still needs
improvements. In fact, I preferred to incorporate applets like the
clock, instead of spawning a new process. It's less customisable, but
more efficient (IMHO) on a small machine like mine.

I'm very interested in your suggestions/remarks.

You can upload the source at http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/~barth and see
screenshots of the beast.

The current version works well with the 1.24r version, but seems to
bug with the new 2.4 : i'll work on that asap.

Best regards
--
D.Barth
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:50:33 +0100

>>>>> "David" == David Barth <[email-masked]> writes:

    David> I've hacked FvwmWinList and Win95look to produce a new
    David> module : a button bar of active windows. The focused one is
    David> depressed and you can hide or raise any window in a mouse
    David> click.

What is Win95Look? Is it related to bowman?

    David> The current version works well with the 1.24r version, but
    David> seems to bug with the new 2.4 : i'll work on that asap.

Please do. The screenshots look really interesting.

Jean-Marc.

---

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 19:10:10 +0100

> What is Win95Look? Is it related to bowman?

Well, sort of : bowman's page has a link to a Win95look package, but
I don't know exactly the relations between the two. Neither do I know if
win95look is still maintained as the author didn't answer to my post.
Who knows ?

---

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 19:20:14 +0100

RE-Oops, sorry : tgz updated and you can retrieve the icon at 
http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/~barth/minimail.xbm

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth