Subject: FVWM: pixy 3.2

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 20:05:48 +0100 (MET)

Tired of "Read Xpm Error: Failed to parse or alloc some color"?
Tired of having your netscape resort to use 4 colors because all of
your fancy set of icons have a different shade of blue in it, thus 
using up all colormap entries? Now there is an answer!
Romano Giannetti and Martin Kraemer are proud to announce the
release of pixy in his latest version 3.2!!

What is pixy? 

Pixy is a little program to reduce the number of colors of a set of pixmap
files to a fixed predefined set of colors.

Often, especially with the recent xpm-icon capable window managers like
fvwm, people have the problem that their color map is almost full after
starting the window manager, thus preventing other applications from
using a
sensible number of still available colors. Of course, this is mostly a
problem with 8-bit deep displays; they have only 256 available colors in
their color palette. 

Where I find it?

Primary site is ftp://sirio.iet.unipi.it/pub/romano/pixy3.2.tar.gz, but this
is a little PC and anonymous ftp throughput is severely limited in it. 
For some time it will be mirrored by Martin on 
ftp://ftp.mch.sni.de/incoming/Martin.Kraemer/pixy-3.1.tar.gz

I will upload it to sunsite.unc.edu and some other wide-band server as 
soon as possible. (My network connection with USA is not working 
now). Everyone that can offer a better site is welcome.

LSM follows:
Begin3
Title:          pixy
Version:        3.2
Entered-date:	28MAR96
Description:    This program reduces the number of colors used in a set
                of XPM (pixmap) files to a fixed predefined set of
		colors. Options determine the
		conversion strategy.
                Especially useful for xpm-icon window managers like fvwm
		or ctwm. No binary distribution available!
Keywords:       color, conversion, reduction, xpm, pixmap, RGB, HSV, fvwm, ctwm, X11R5
Author:         Romano Giannetti  ([email-masked])  
                Martin Kraemer    ([email-masked])
Primary-site:   sirio.iet.unipi.it  /pub/romano/
                sunsite.unc.edu     /pub/Linux/X11/xutils/colors/
		21k  pixy3.2.tar.gz
Platform:       X11R5 or better, XPM library, ANSI C compiler 
Copying-policy: GPL
End

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].