Subject: FVWM: building FVWM

From: [email-masked] (Greg Veres)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:54:29 -0500

Hi,

I am in the middle of compiling FVWM 2.0.41 on an IRIX 5.3
platform. Everything seems fine except for one thing. The Fvwm.tmpl allows
me to specify where my Xpm library and include files are found. I need to
do this because they are installed with ViewKit in /usr/include/Vk/xpm.h.
The astute will realize that xpm.h is not in an X11 directory like normal
on this platform. This means that when I tell the .tmpl file where to find
my xpm.h file, the compiler still can't find it because the source code
tries to include the file in an X11 directory. Here is an excerpt

#ifdef XPM
#include <X11/xpm.h>
#endif /* XPM */

Oh, I just check the compiler status. There are some illegal
pointer/integer combinations in FvwmForm.c. Here is the output for those
that might be interested (sorry to waste other peoples time.)

cfe: Warning 712: FvwmForm.c, line 279: illegal combination of pointer and integer
   xfs[f_text] = xfs[f_input] = xfs[f_button] =
 ---------------------------------------------^
cfe: Warning 712: FvwmForm.c, line 339: illegal combination of pointer and integer
       xfs[f_text] = GetFontOrFixed(dpy, font_names[f_text]);
 ------------------^
cfe: Warning 712: FvwmForm.c, line 347: illegal combination of pointer and integer
       xfs[f_button] = GetFontOrFixed(dpy, font_names[f_button]);
 --------------------^
cfe: Warning 712: FvwmForm.c, line 355: illegal combination of pointer and integer
       xfs[f_input] = GetFontOrFixed(dpy, font_names[f_input]);
 -------------------^
cfe: Warning 709: FvwmForm.c, line 611: Incompatible pointer type assignment
                               0 , 0, colors, 6)) {
                        --------------^

-Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Veres ([email-masked])      | You got your whole life to
Alias|Wavefront, Rendering Team     | do something and that's not
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~gveres | very long.  - Ani Difranco
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].