Subject: FVWM: link editor - fatal error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 19:02:54 +0100

Hello,

I have this link-editing problem bugging me. 
I'm trying to compile (and link) fvwm-2.0.41 on a 
"sequent, symmetry, 3.2.0 V2.1.6 i386".

The problem lies in the link-edit phase, where ld
issues the following fatal error message:

	ld fatal: cannot write section .data of file /usr/lib/libX11.a

The command:
	$ cc -o FvwmCpp FvwmCpp.o -O -Xa -L/tmp/libs  -L../../libs -lfvwm2 
		-lXpm  -lXext -lX11  -lXbsd -lsocket -linet -lnsl -lseq

I don't get it. Do you? If so, please mail your solution to the mailing list.
I'd be very grateful. :-)

Greetz, Micha.

PS. I know this has nothing to do with fvwm in particular, but I'm desperate.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].