Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager and the little windows

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 1996 11:50:23 +0100

Currently, FvwmPager uses about three colors: One for the background,
one for the foreground, and one for the highlighting.  Is this
correct?

In a non highlighted desk/page, the little windows can be seen only
because they have a border round them.  Is there any way of making
them have a different color than the little root windows?

To illustrate:

        Desk 1
    +-------------+
    |             |
    | +-------+   |
    | | (*)   |   |
    | +-------+   |
    |    (*)      |
    +-------------+

(*) These two areas should have different colors.

        kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summer time blues.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 13:40:03 -0500

>>>>> "Kai" == Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]> writes:

Kai> Currently, FvwmPager uses about three colors: One for the background,
Kai> one for the foreground, and one for the highlighting.  Is this
Kai> correct?

Kai> In a non highlighted desk/page, the little windows can be seen only
Kai> because they have a border round them.  Is there any way of making
Kai> them have a different color than the little root windows?

Kai> To illustrate:

Kai>         Desk 1
Kai>     +-------------+
Kai>     |             |
Kai>     | +-------+   |
Kai>     | | (*)   |   |
Kai>     | +-------+   |
Kai>     |    (*)      |
Kai>     +-------------+

Kai> (*) These two areas should have different colors.

The background color of the miniature windows are grabbed from the
window itself.  For instance, typing this into FvwmTalk:

        Style "*" Color black/yellow
        Recapture

would cause all of the miniture windows in the pager to show up
yellow.

So, you should just be able to change the Background of FvwmPager or
the background of your non active windows to have it display as
different colors.

Chuck

---

From: Henrique Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 09:07:38 -0800

> one for the foreground, and one for the highlighting.  Is this

  I think it uses a few more colors. The window with focus gets colorized
  by HilightColor, i.e. background is the color of the active window
  border, label is the color of the text of the active window
  title. Windows without focus get colorized with a ForeColor/BackColor
  scheme.

> them have a different color than the little root windows?

  It must be that your default BackColor is very similar to FvwmPagerBack
  color.  Try making it different, or use a per class color, with something
  like:

    Style "XTerm" BackColor Pink

  -- Henrique (martins@hpl)