Subject: FVWM: HPC network outage

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 00:44:30 -0600

At 4:43AM Friday, March 15 a network bridge in the basement of the building
where the HPC computers are kept went kaput.  This caused a network outage
lasting until about 7PM Saturday, March 16.  During this time no network
connections were possible both in and out of HPC computers.

All services have been returned and all inbound and outbound mail excepting
that which was sent "urgent" was queued and properly delivered when the
network resumed functioning.  Warnings of the inability to deliver mail
were most likely sent but the mail was eventually delivered.  There is no
need to resend any mail except that which was sent "urgent".
-- 
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - [email-masked] - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center
                1994 PC800 "Kuroneko"      DoD# 1723
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].