Subject: FVWM: problems with libXpm.so.4

From: Agnar Renolen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 08:30:39 +0100

I've tried to install fvwm, but I can't make it work.

I have a sun sparc station running som sunOS 4.0.3

I'v installed xpm and I *think* it installed successfuly. At least I've
got the files

/usr/lib/libXpm.a
/usr/lib/libXpm.so.4.7

...in place. 

Then I copied the files .xinitrc and .fvwmrc from the
"modules/FvwmSaveDesk/example/" directory (wisely saving a copy of the
old ones of course). The I stried  starting the whole thing using "xinit".

I get an error message looking like:

ld.so: libXpm.so.4: not found

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong

PS. I'm just a novice.

__________________________________________________________________________
Agnar Renolen			
Institutt for kart og oppmaling, NTNU		     phone: +47 735 97 023
N-7034 Trondheim, Norway			     fax:   +47 735 94 621
email: [email-masked] 	   url: http://www.iko.unit.no/home/agnar/
==========================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 09:42:51 GMT

> Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 08:30:39 +0100
> From: Agnar Renolen <[email-masked]>
> 

You need to run ldconfig whenever you install a new shared library - see
"man ldconfig".

On my SunOS 4.1 the man page says it is run periodically via cron, but
that's not the case on my system.

-- 
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer <[email-masked]>
Primagraphics Limited, Graphics Court, Melbourn Science Park,
Melbourn, Royston, Herts SG8 6EJ, England. Tel. +44 1763 262041
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].