Subject: FVWM: Corners/Pan Frames

From: Henrique Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:52:27 -0800

This is very picky :-).

  When one's desktop is Nx1, vertical page scrolling is not possible. If
  one moves the mouse against the top or bottom edges of the screen it just
  gets stuck there. If one then moves left of right toward either of the
  sides, making sure that we're still against the top or bottom, horizontal
  paging will not happen.

  The reason for this is that the pan frames, four skinny invisible windows
  that form a border around the screen do not overlap at the corners, with
  the horizontal edge windows reaching the sides, and the vertical edge
  windows stuck in between them. If one makes those windows overlap,
  i.e. extend the vertical edge windows over the horizontal edge windows,
  reaching the edges, this side-effect goes away.

  I can't seem to find out a problem with this one (but I've been running
  with this for only 5 minutes :-), with the possible exception that cursor
  displayed in the corner regions being wrong, and only during the edge
  resistance period.

  The reason this is very picky is that it is very hard to get stuck in
  that corner region, at least with an accelerate mouse like mine.

  -- Henrique

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].