Subject: FVWM: Make SmartPlacement even smarter?

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Mar 1996 12:22:44 +0100

It turns out that I like SmartPlacement quite a bit, but I'd like it
to do a bit more.  The thing is, I've got a few windows on screen that
I'd like SmartPlacement to pretend not to be there (like xload,
xclock, xpostit, FvwmPager, FvwmIconMan, ...).  I don't mind these
covered up when (more important) windows are placed.

Does this need the Great Style Flag rewrite to be possible?

Whatcha think?

        kai
--
~/.signature
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Mar 1996 15:02:22 +0100

>>>>> On 22 Mar 1996 12:22:44 +0100, Kai Grossjohann
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

  Kai> It turns out that I like SmartPlacement quite a bit, but I'd
  Kai> like it to do a bit more.  The thing is, I've got a few windows
  Kai> on screen that I'd like SmartPlacement to pretend not to be
  Kai> there [...]

After thinking some more about it, I think that I want some windows to
be disregarded based on X ressources: XLoad, XClock and so on.  But I
would also like fvwm to disregard all windows with height greater than
or equal to 80 % of screen height.

Actually fvwm should DWIM, but this might be a heuristic.  Probably
you'll all say ``if you want it, implement it!'', but there might be a
slim chance...

regards,
        kai