Subject: FVWM: internal error w/ fvwm 2.0.41 and more

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 11:27:56 +0100 (MET)

Hi all. 
Yesterday exiting fvwm I could read this errors in my console (repeated a 
lot of times, no idea how much, filled the console buffer):

[FVWM] [FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM] [FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 28

The "more" is that till in this version there is some problem with timed
events.  
   AddToFunc "Move-or-Raise" "I" Raise 
   + "M" Move 
   + "D" RaiseLower
I think this is a known problem, but... for example if you have the 
standard "raise or move" bound to the title bar, and you click, 
wait the right bit, :-) , and hop, the windows got moved even if you 
have released the mouse button and follow you. 

Another one is: if you have set up
   EdgeScroll 100 100
   EdgeResistance 750 50 
   OpaqueMoveSize 40  
and you move a nice solid xterm rapidly from the botton (for exemple) to 
the top of screen, stooping mouse on the very top, you can get in a 
situation where your xterm is blocked halfway, and then "jump" to the 
mouse position. But the most surprising thing is that if you release the 
mouse when window is blocked, and move it in another part of the screen, 
the xterm when start moving "flash" in the mouse position and the finally 
go to its right place on top of the screen. 

And last, but I suspect it's an interaction with AutoRaise module:
suppose you have like me AutoRaise 2000 and follow mouse focus. Then,
put an xterm window partially overlaying another one , and when you
have your window raised, to the following: 
   Move mouse on the title of the underlying window
   type "exit" and return in it so that you exit just when window
        is raised
   You now have the mouse pointer converted to a dot waiting (I
suppose) raising some target (I suppose because it is not simple to
get the timing right... but it happens now and when). 

Well, fvwm is I think the better WM around the world, fast and nice
looking. I hope this can help to spot the last bugs in it... keep with 
the fantastic work!

Bye,
     Romano.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].