Subject: FVWM: MenuStyle fvwm - using keyboard shortcuts

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Riehm)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 12:02:02 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi All,

I just saw in another post, that you can select a character to be
underlined in a menu, by putting a & in front of it. I tried it and it
works, but not quite :-)

If I popup the menu with the mouse, typing the character is enough to
select the item. But if I popup the menu with a key binding, then the
first character I type is ignored.

Also, it would be nice if when a key binding is used to popup a menu,
that using the keybinding again would pop the menu away (I often popup
the window list just to see which windows I've got, without actually
wanting to change my focus.)

Thanks for a great window manager, and any tips which you might have
for getting around these slight behavioural problems.

see ya,

Steve
_______________________________ ._ o  ________________________________
//   Stephen Riehm             /  //\.        [email-masked]
\\\\ pc-plus                  '  \>> |         Phone: +49 89 62030 148
//// 81539 Munich, Germany        \\ `           Fax: +49 89 62030 113
  \\
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].