Subject: FVWM: Another color reduction program for xpm

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:26:12 +0100 (MET)

Well, I could not resist... 

I have modified the program pixy.c in two way: now you have a 
function, distance(...), where you can play  and where I convert 
too rgb value into hvc: I noted that simply computing color distances 
with plain hvc euclidian distances give a choose of color more 
pleasant to the eye (this is equivalent to give more importance to hue 
than to saturation or luminosity). Now it tend to tranform the pixmap
set in one that is a bit more brilliant... 

If you like it you have to thanks Dan Espen too... without his mails, 
pixy2 would not exist.

Take it from: 
              ftp://sirio.iet.unipi.it/pub/romano/pixy2.tar.gz

I'm open to better distance() routines. 

Ah. I have added a script that find all the icons you name in .fvwm2rc
and reduce their color, putting the new ones in the current directory. 
***********WARNING************* use it in a directory **different***
from the one where your icons stay... or you'll lose the original ones.

bye,
	Romano.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].