Subject: Re: FVWM: continued line patch

From: Andrew Leahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 15:36:06 +1100 (EST)

G'day Fvwm'ers quick question for ya's,

We run fvwm(version 1.24r) in a DEC labs (and have been for the past 3
years). I am finally getting around to putting fvwm2 in our labs...
problem is how can I setup a global ".fvwmrc". With fvwm1, I could define
a "system.fvwmrc" which was read if a users' $HOME/.fvwmrc was not found.
fvwm2 doesn't seem to let me do this?  I have tried playing with the
Xsession script so it does something like: 

 if ($HOME/.fvwmrc exists) then
    exec fvwm
 else
    exec fvwm -f /apps/fvwm/system.fvwmrc
 endif

But I think I'm getting the syntax wrong for telling fvwm to use another
fvwmrc file. 

I could certainly hardcode the location of the system.fvwmrc file, but I
want to let student setup their own .fvwmrc if they want. 

Any help would be appreciated!

_____________________________________________________________________________
Andrew "Alf" Leahy,                                      phone: +61 47 360622 
Computer Systems Officer,                     mailto:[email-masked]
Department of Computing, UWS Nepean     http://www.st.nepean.uws.edu.au/~alf/ 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].