Subject: FVWM: popus at lower screen corner change mouse pointer location, 2.0.41

From: Ralf Fassel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:19:22 GMT

I have two popups defined on the root window for mouse-1 and mouse-2.
At the lower edge of the screen is 1 cm space between an say xterm and
the lower edge of the screen.  In this area I press mouse-button 1 and
the menu pops up.  Ooops, I wanted to pop up the mouse-button 2 menu.
Release button, press button 2.

BUT: when popping up menu 1, the pointer moves to the top of the menu
since there was not enough space to pop up the menu below the pointer.
AND the pointer stays there after releasing the button, which means
that the mouse-2 does not click on the root window, but in the xterm
(assuming the menu is taller than 1cm).  Can give you quite
interesting results (provided mouse-2 in the xterm is bound to its
default action to yank the selection).

I'd say, the mouse pointer should either go back to the origin of the
click if I did not move the mouse during a pop-up (or even generally go
back, regardless of movement during popup), or it should not move to
the popup-top in the first place.

A completely different subject: How about grepping the `Subject:' lines
in the mail archive into some Index-Archive-03-96.gz files?

Regards
R'
-- 
~/.signature: File not found. Shall I fake it? (Y/N)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].