Subject: FVWM: invoking popup menus from a module

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 23:09:46 +0100

I have a patch on my web page, allowing a module to invoke a popup menu.

It's not perfect, as I realize it breaks menus placement like the
WinList. But I wondered if the design was suitable for fvwm.
Mainly the changes involved :

* builtins.c : parse a Popup function to look for additional coordinates
               (using GetTwoArgs)

* menus.h : adding to fields x,y in the MenuRoot structure (waste space
I know)

* menu.c : try to place the menu with coordinate information as weel as
possible. the traditionnal Button1 Root menu works, but not
the Winlist. (I'll see that asap)

* module.h : added a M_FUNCTION_END message to send at the end of
             ExecuteFunction. This allows feedback to a module. I did
             that to know when to depress sort of a Start button on my
             taskbar, but it can provide usefull information for a
             general purpose module.

* module.c : send the M_FUNCTION_END message

If your're interested, see my web page and try the patch.

--
D.Barth (http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/~barth)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].