Subject: FVWM: ideas/comments

From: [email-masked] (Mr. Graeme McCaffery)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 10:51:14 GMT

Just a few ideas comments. 
If this little algorithm for resizing pixmaps works could we have a
standardized size for pixmaps say 32x32 or 50x50(to provide some
detail). Also is it possible to use one pixmap as the background to
another to give that NeXT look?

Secondly a little idea for my win95 obsessed workmates; I reckon that it
would be relatively simple to write a module(a modified GoodStuff) that 
emulates win95 shortcuts. I'm going to try it myself but since I have to
write up my project soon, I may have little time. I think all that is needed
is a module to write icons to the screen and accept 1 or 2(perhaps 3) button
inputs. the button 2 would be for editing the config of the module.

if any xpm gurus out there like this idea and think that it is easy to
do, have a go at it. I think it is one way of getting windows people
away from microsoft and on to a proper open operating system.

Graeme McCaffery

-- 
email: [email-masked]

snail mail: University of Birmingham
	    School of Electrical &
            Electronic Engineering
	    Birmingham
	    B15 2TT
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Robert Tarrall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 12:24:07 -0700

Mr. Graeme McCaffery wrote:
-> If this little algorithm for resizing pixmaps works could we have a
-> standardized size for pixmaps say 32x32 or 50x50(to provide some

As in, force us to use only 32x32 or 50x50 pixmaps?  Please don't!

Why not just set up all your pixmaps to be of one size, and stick
with that?  I'm not clear why we should "standardize"...  Resized
pixmaps rarely look as good as the original, so I'd much prefer to
just add extra border around the edges of anything that's too small.

                       -Robert Tarrall.-
                       Unix System/Network Admin
                       Laboratory for Computational Dynamics
                       CU - Boulder
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].