Subject: FVWM: Color reduction in pixmap (slightly off topics)

From: Romano Giannetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:52:04 +0100 (MET)

Hi all. 

   I'd like to ask if there is a program that is able to reduce 
the colors of a pixmap to a given set of, for example, another 
pixmap? It should not be difficult to do ... but I have no time and 
probably someone have something better yet (I tried with netpbm but
the pixmap part is quite old, and masks and transparency are difficult 
to manage).

   Thanks,
		Romano.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Romano Giannetti     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione 
Researcher               Elettronica Informatica Telecomunicazioni
[email-masked]      University of Pisa
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Alan Wild" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:06:52 -0800 (PST)

> probably someone have something better yet (I tried with netpbm but

I, personally, think netpbm is your best bet.  Well, that, some shell
scripts, and vi.

When I want to do this, I intentionally set all of the Transparencies to
some color that isn't being used by any if the pixmaps.  I use a simple
shell script and sed for this.

Then I apply netpbm's utilities and then convert back.

I'll agree this isn't the best solution, but it does work for me.

If you find something better, please share it.

-Alan
-- 
Alan Wild  f/s/c                                   Intel SET-CA AV Tools
Mail Stop: CO3-222                          Office Phone:  (503)677-4538
[email-masked]             [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].