Subject: Re: FVWM: Fvwm Shell enhancement patch

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 14:43:54 GMT

>  From: "Olivier DUGEON - FT.CNET/LAA/RSL/ATM" <[email-masked]>
>  Hi folks,
>  
>  Here is a patch to exec command through your favorite shell instead of
>   /bin/sh.
>  fvwm get the shell from the SHELL environment variable (if it found it) or put
>  /bin/sh as the default shell.

Question - does this mean I can call a command from FvwmButtons without the full
pathname? That would be *very* useful indeed, especially for less experienced
users who wonder why stuff doesn't appear.

(I imagine that this is what the patch is for, just want to check before going and
FTP'ing the source over again. If this is a silly question blame lack of sleep!)
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Olivier DUGEON - FT.CNET/LAA/RSL/ATM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:50:56 +0100

On Mar 8, 14:43,  (David Kennedy) wrote:
} Subject: Re: FVWM: Fvwm Shell enhancement patch
> FTP'ing the source over again. If this is a silly question blame lack of
sleep!)
 yes , and if you use csh or tcsh you can use ~ for $HOME... It work like mwm
(which use the SHELL variable to spawn process). I run fvwm redirect it to the
console, and see all message from the client. It's usefull when debugging, and
with csh you obtain the pid of the process (if you have to kill them).

Enjoy this

Bye.
Olivier

-- 
                                   _\\|//_ 
                                   ( O-O )
---------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------
  FRANCE TELECOM - CENTRE NATIONAL d'ETUDES et DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS

 Dugeon olivier                     X-400:    G=Olivier; S=Dugeon; OU=LANNION
 FT-CNET LAA/RSL/ATM                          P=CNET; A=ATLAS; C=FR;
 Technopole Anticipa                E-mail:   [email-masked]
 2, Avenue Pierre Marzin            Phone:    +(33) 96 05 28 80
 F-22307 LANNION                    Fax       +(33) 96 05 11 98
 FRANCE                             Telex:    740801F
--------------------------------ooO-------Ooo----------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].