Subject: FVWM: FVWM - key bindings.

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 23:29:14 GMT

I use this to allow me to jump about pages with the arrow keys:

# Use arrow keys on root window to move about pages on virtual desk.
Key Left        R       N       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       R       N       Scroll 100 0
Key Up          R       N       Scroll 0 -100
Key Down        R       N       Scroll 0 100

Unfortunately if, by accident, I set Num_lock to on this doesn't work.
I don't use the keypad but brush against it quite often while using the
mouse or reaching for the radio etc etc, so how can I get this to ignore
the value of Num_lock?

-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike Blatchley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 17:45:48 -0700 (MST)

> mouse or reaching for the radio etc etc, so how can I get this to ignore

Insert an _additional_ set of Key definitions but with the modifier for 
your Num_Lock key.  On my Sun Solaris machine, they would be:

Key Left        R       3       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       R       3       Scroll 100 0 
Key Up          R       3       Scroll 0 -100
Key Down        R       3       Scroll 0 100 

because Num_Lock is assigned to mod3.  I haven't tried this, but it should
work.  Type xmodmap in an xterm window and you should see which modifier
Num_Lock is assigned to for your machine.

Mike
======================================================================
      * Mike Blatchley * Maxtor Corporation * (303) 678-2393   *
      * email: [email-masked] -or- [email-masked] *
              * MIME Mail Reader * PGP Key Available *
======================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 96 17:45:09 +0100

>>>>> David Kennedy writes:

D> I use this to allow me to jump about pages with the arrow keys:

D> # Use arrow keys on root window to move about pages on virtual desk.
D> Key Left        R       N       Scroll -100 0
D> Key Right       R       N       Scroll 100 0
D> Key Up          R       N       Scroll 0 -100
D> Key Down        R       N       Scroll 0 100

D> Unfortunately if, by accident, I set Num_lock to on this doesn't work.
D> I don't use the keypad but brush against it quite often while using the
D> mouse or reaching for the radio etc etc, so how can I get this to ignore
D> the value of Num_lock?

        xmodmap -e 'clear lock'         # disable caps lock key

but for numlock
or define the keys both with & without numlock modifier (mod? - get from
xev)

albrecht
--  
The sky was Bible black in Lyon, when I met the Magdalene.
She was paralyzed in a streetlight, she refused to give her name.
And a ring of violet bruises, they were pinned upon her arm.
Two hundred francs for sanctuary and she led me by the hand,
to a room of dancing shadows where all the heartache disappears
And from glowing tongues of candles I heard her whisper in my ear.
'J'entend ton coeur'					-- Marillion
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].