Subject: FVWM: Fvwm2.0.41 -> Not Responding

From: Jeremy Cowgar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:00:35 -0500

I run Linux v1.2.8, Gcc 2.6.3, removed Fvwm 1.24 from my system, make,
make install, make install.man, edited the xinitrc file, copyied
system.fvwmrc to /root/.fvwmrc, made sure I had no old configuration
fileson my computer (many times) and when Xwindows loads, right and left
mouse buttons do nothing, no FvwmButtons, nothing. I Ctrl-Alt-F2, and
run ps. fvwm2 is running, but again no respponse from anything.

Can anyone help me out? Please respond via personal email, I am  not a
part of the list. I have exahusted all other known methods of getting
information.

Thank you,

Jeremy Cowgar - [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:39:20 +0100

> Jeremy Cowgar - [email-masked]

Seems like you have a missing .fvwm2rc file
                                  ---

Did you #define rename Fvwm2 ?? I had the same problem the first time
I installed it
--
D.Barth <[email-masked]> [- Linux : the Choice of a Gnu generation -]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Alan Wild" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:45:20 -0800 (PST)

> system.fvwmrc to /root/.fvwmrc, made sure I had no old configuration

######  ####### ####### #     #
#     #    #    #       ##   ##
#     #    #    #       # # # #
######     #    #####   #  #  #
#   #      #    #       #     #
#    #     #    #       #     #
#     #    #    #       #     #

Not to be rude.  :)

Fvwm 2.0 uses a .fvwm2rc file.  The system file presently also has to be
known as .fvwm2rc.  I would recommend, stronly, that you do not rely on
the system file.  Unless you are maintaining fvwm2 for a multi-user
system, just use your .fvwm2rc in your home directory.

The next pre-release should go to a more standard system naming
convention such as system.fvwm2rc.

Right Chuck?

-Alan
-- 
Alan Wild  f/s/c                                   Intel SET-CA AV Tools
Mail Stop: CO3-222                          Office Phone:  (503)677-4538
[email-masked]             [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].