Subject: FVWM: icon bar

From: Mirai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:27:47 -0600 (CST)

my suggestion for a to-do in fvwm 2.0 is a dynamic icon bar which changes
depending on which icon you push. This way, you can establish a nested
tree-like structure of icons.  If you click on System Setup icon, the
vertical bar changes into icons for setup with new icons such as: RAM,
disk, cache, etc. Click on Networking and the icons get replaced with
icons pertainting to network setup

does this make sense?

Jim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: tim werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 08:14:54 -0500

>Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:27:47 -0600 (CST)
>From: Mirai <[email-masked]>

>depending on which icon you push.
>does this make sense?

It's similar to something we have on our motion controllers called
"softkeys".  On the far left is an up arrow to go back up a level, and
on the far right is a right arrow to display more keys on the same
level.  Once a key is pressed, a new set of keys are displayed.

It might be a little overkill for xterms, but good luck implementing
it. :)

tw