Subject: FVWM: [2.0.41] Fvwm.tmpl: LD_RUN_PATH setup failed

From: まつしたまこと <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 11:44:43 +0900

Fvwm.tmpl does not consider LD_RUN_PATH environment variable. $(CC) is
not suitable for linking program. We should use $(CCLINK) instead.

--- Fvwm.tmpl.dist	Mon Feb 19 04:27:22 1996
+++ Fvwm.tmpl	Mon Mar  4 11:38:50 1996
@@ -316,7 +316,7 @@
 									@@\
 program: $(OBJS) $(DEPLIBS)						@@\
 	RemoveTargetProgram($@)						@@\
-	$(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
+	$(CCLINK) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
 									@@\
 InstallProgram(program,$(FVWMDIR))					@@\
 InstallManPage(program,$(MANDIR))					@@\
@@ -341,7 +341,7 @@
 									@@\
 program: $(OBJS) $(DEPLIBS)						@@\
 	RemoveTargetProgram($@)						@@\
-	$(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
+	$(CCLINK) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
 									@@\
 InstallProgram(program,$(FVWMBINDIR))					@@\
 InstallManPage(program,$(MANDIR))					@@\

- -
Makoto `MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 10:05:49 -0500

>>>>> "matusita" == matusita  <ISO-2022-JP> writes:

matusita> Fvwm.tmpl does not consider LD_RUN_PATH environment
matusita> variable. $(CC) is not suitable for linking program. We
matusita> should use $(CCLINK) instead.

I believe that CCLINK is only available under X11R6.  I'll see about
adding it for X11R6 only for the next version.

Although, I had no troubles linking it as it is under my Linux box at
home...

Chuck