Subject: FVWM: Popup menus

From: David Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:42:03 +0100

Hello,

I've seen a popup-patch on Jarl's page, but I don't see how to use it...
Could you (Jarl or anyone else) explain the syntax to popup a menu from
a module.

I hacked fvwm to make it parse "Popup "Menu" x y , popping up a menu at
absolute coordinate x,y. Does this patch allow the same ?

Thanks
--
D.Barth (http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/~barth)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jarl Totland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:33:44 +0000 (WET)

> Could you (Jarl or anyone else) explain the syntax to popup a menu from
The syntax is the normal 'Popup Somemenuname', but for the menu to popup
automatically the pointer has to be free, i.e. if you want to get the popup
on a ButtonPress, you have to do an XUngrabPointer and then do a SendInfo()
to fvwm. If you wait for a ButtonRelease first it will not work.

> absolute coordinate x,y. Does this patch allow the same ?
No, my patch just puts the menu where the pointer is.

Vyrdsamt,
-Jarl