Subject: FVWM: Titlebar buttons problem

From: Bill Oswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 15:24:41 -0600 (CST)

<this is a bit of a nit but it has happened enough to warrant a post> 

Would it be a problem if the titlebar button action took place on a
button release (ButtonUp) event rather than a button press (ButtonDown)
event? 

The problem is that if I click on a titlebar button (Iconify is the
typical culprit) and the button happens to be sitting over the pager,
the window gets iconified as it should and the pager switches to a new
desktop/viewport!  The pager reacts to ButtonUp events not ButtonDown. 

I have to be real quick on the mouse to have the ButtonUp event occur in
the window being iconified and not in the Pager. 

Thanks, 
-Bill 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Peter Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 10:55:00 +0100 (MEZ)

bo> <this is a bit of a nit but it has happened enough to warrant a post> 
bo> 
bo> Would it be a problem if the titlebar button action took place on a
bo> button release (ButtonUp) event rather than a button press (ButtonDown)
bo> event? 
bo> 
bo> The problem is that if I click on a titlebar button (Iconify is the
bo> typical culprit) and the button happens to be sitting over the pager,
bo> the window gets iconified as it should and the pager switches to a new
bo> desktop/viewport!  The pager reacts to ButtonUp events not ButtonDown. 
bo> 
bo> I have to be real quick on the mouse to have the ButtonUp event occur in
bo> the window being iconified and not in the Pager. 

This behaviour must be new in fvwm2 or must configurable somehow.
I'am still using fvwm 1.24r and my titlebar buttons react on button
release.  On button press they only present a sunken border frame
to reflect, that a specific button has been hit.

Regards, Peter
-=-=-
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 2041925 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].