Subject: FVWM: Red Hat RPM of 2.40?

From: [email-masked] (Greg Veres)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:52:16 -0500

Hi,

I installed RH 2.1 this weekend. It came with 1.24 but I wanted to use
2.xx. I was visiting red hat's ftp site and found what appears to be an RPM
of 2.40. Does anybody know anything about this?

I ftp'd it and installed it but it seems to put an old style .fvwmrc file
on my disk. I guess I should say that I am not convinced that infact this
is 2.40 because it does not seem to digest my new style .fvwmrc file (as
.fvwmrc or as .fvwm2rc) It gives me screens and screens of errors and none
of the stuff in the config file seem to have effect.

Is there some way I can invoke it to get it to tell me the version?

Thanks,
-Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Veres ([email-masked])      | You got your whole life to
Alias|Wavefront, Rendering Team     | do something and that's not
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~gveres | very long.  - Ani Difranco
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:58:50 -0500 (EST)

> Is there some way I can invoke it to get it to tell me the version?

fvwm[2] -version? :-)

I'm familiar with that rpm, I had a bad experience with it when I first 
wanted to install fvwm2. I don't think it comes with any of the modules, 
and I don't know what version it really is, but it seemed very messed up 
to me.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -lisubstr($_,39+38*sin++$y/9,2)=$s;print#     Joey Hess
for(1..8){$I.='JOEY HESS '}for($s='  ';;){$_=$I;eval$^I}# [email-masked]
      "How appropriate, you fight like a cow." - - Guybrush Threepwood