Subject: Re: FVWM: Positioning and resizing info

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 14:30:23 +0100 (MET)

Hi Jarl,

> It seems this is hardwired to the menu style setting: if you select menu
> style to be mwm you get it centred, otherwise it's put at (0,0).
Thanks for this info.  This made is easier to find in the code.

I applied a quick hack to always have the move/size window in the UL corner.
In case anyone is interested, in fvwm/fvwm.c, line 385:  (2.0.39)

  {
    Scr.SizeWindow = XCreateWindow (dpy, Scr.Root,
    /* patch by A.Spiegl to get move/resize box in UL corner */
/*                                    Scr.MyDisplayWidth/2 - 
                                    (Scr.SizeStringWidth +
                                     SIZE_HINDENT*2)/2,
                                    Scr.MyDisplayHeight/2 -
                                    (Scr.StdFont.height + 
                                     SIZE_VINDENT*2)/2,
*/
                                    0, 0,
                                    (unsigned int)(Scr.SizeStringWidth +
                                                   SIZE_HINDENT*2),
                                    (unsigned int) (Scr.StdFont.height +
                                                    SIZE_VINDENT*2),
                                    (unsigned int) 0, 0,
                                    (unsigned int) CopyFromParent,
                                    (Visual *) CopyFromParent,
                                    valuemask, &attributes);
  }

Simple, but effective.  :-)
Maybe, a somewhat more sophisticated way to configure this could
be incorporated in one of the next releases.

> Vyrdsamt,
Vyrdsamt???  :-)

Ciao,
 Andy.
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  URL:    http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl

Above all else - sky.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].