Subject: FVWM: trouble w/new FvwmButtons 120396

From: Angiolini Giorgio 0126051 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 11:40:58 +0100 (MET)

I try to compile the new FvwmButtons (Decstation 5000/25 with X11R4 gcc 2.7)
the output is :
gcc -o FvwmButtons FvwmButtons.o icons.o misc.o parse.o output.o 
button.o  -O2 -L../../
libs -lfvwm2 -L/usr/tmp/xpm-3.4h/lib -lXpm  
-lXext                        -lX11
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/ld:
Undefined:
XmbSetWMProperties
*** Error code 1

This function XmbSetWMProperties is not present in X11R4 !!

Maybe the wonderful new FvwmButtons is only for X11R5 and X11R6 ??

(I think that the solution is to drop XmbSetWMProperties and replace with 
XSetWMProperties)

Thanks for the great work Jarl !!!

                                   ,,,
                                  (o o)
-------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------
Giorgio Angiolini - R&D             | Il tempo vola e io no. 
Italtel S.I.T.  Castelletto         | Strano sarebbe se noi volassimo e il
Settimo Milanese (Milan) - Italy    | tempo no. Il  cielo sarebbe pieno di
E-MAIL:[email-masked]  | uomini con l'orologio fermo !
Voice : (39) 2 4388 7501            | Bergonzoni
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jarl Totland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 12:07:01 +0100 (MET)

> Maybe the wonderful new FvwmButtons is only for X11R5 and X11R6 ??
Hups, sorry for this one... I guess should check more thoroughly before I
clean out old code. 

> (I think that the solution is to drop XmbSetWMProperties and replace with 
Absolutely, that was what was there before. 

I've restored it to it's proper state now. Coincidentally, I had to put back
in the XFree that gave you all such trouble :-) Not to worry, it now has a
purpose.

> Thanks for the great work Jarl !!!
Hey, that's what I do. :-)

Vyrdsamt,
-Jarl