Subject: FVWM: Tyrranical Window Manager Conversion Attempts

From: Alex Iskold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:34:28 -0500

Hello, we are trying to force all of our users to use FVWM,
however, htey are resisting because of their mwm resource files.
Is there a program (script) that would convert .xxx files from
othere window managers to .fvwmrc.

Thank you,

Alex Iskold
Programmer/Analyst

Goldman, Sachs & Co.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 09:36:30 -0500

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Iskold <[email-masked]> writes:

Alex> Hello, we are trying to force all of our users to use FVWM,

You shouldn't try and force anyone to use FVWM.  They should see you
using it and just want to jump on the bandwagon themselves!

Alex> however, htey are resisting because of their mwm resource files.
Alex> Is there a program (script) that would convert .xxx files from
Alex> othere window managers to .fvwmrc.

Nope.  The styles of rc's are all pretty different, and a conversion
script wouldn't be the easiest thing to do.  But there are lots of rc
examples out there, and making your own isn't too bad.

Take a look at the official web site:

                     http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/

and it has pointers to all kinds of info, including many rc file
examples.

And if you want to make a script to convert parts of .mwmrc files to
..fvwmrc or .fvwm2rc syntax, feel free to contribute it!

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].