Subject: FVWM: Q about OpaqueResize

From: Leander Conradie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 15:39:56 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi,

I was wondering, why was OpaqueResize taken out in fvwm2.0? The FAQ says 
one should use fvwmPager instead, but I don't see how to duplicate the 
functionality with that. 

Leander

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leander Conradie                                    MNM-team, TU-Muenchen
[email-masked]                  Barerstrasse 38, G-100

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:20:53 -0500

>>>>> "Leander" == Leander Conradie <[email-masked]> writes:

Leander> Hi,
Leander> I was wondering, why was OpaqueResize taken out in fvwm2.0?
Leander> The FAQ says one should use fvwmPager instead, but I don't
Leander> see how to duplicate the functionality with that.

You can't duplicate the OpaqueResize behaviour right now, but if you
check the TO-DO list, I plan to bring it back (after the style flags
fix).

I'm just guessing, but I think it was removed because:

  - Rob didn't think it was used all that much
  - It takes a fair amount of system resources durning resizes
  - Ran out of style flags, so it couldn't be implemented on a per
    window basis

Chuck

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:32:41 -0500

>> check the TO-DO list, I plan to bring it back (after the style flags

Leander> Thanks for the info. I do jnot see it in the TO-DO list,
Leander> though. Maybe I got the wrong version.

Opps!  Actually, it looks like I forgot to put it in there, although I
knew that I wanted to do that.  It'll be in there for the next
release.

Chuck