Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager

From: Henrique Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 11:06:46 -0800

Back in 1.xx we had FvwmPagerDeskTopScale.  At 2.00 this disappeared and
  was re-introduced at 2.36.  Either the re-introduction doesn't simulate
  the old behavior, or I can't get it to do what I want.  I believe that
  back in 1.xx the DeskTopScale was actually a "PageScale", and not a
  "DeskScale" as it seems to be now.

  I use a 8x1 desktop.  My screen resolution is 1248x1024.  My pager is
  usually iconized and I have it at the bottom right of the screen.  I
  would like it to be about 60 pixels high, which would be about 585 pixels
  wide.  This is very close to a desk top scale of 17.

  Back in 1.xx I only specified position part of the pager geometry and a
  scale, and that's all I had to do.  I can't seem to make it work for 2.xx
  using scale alone.  The way that it is coded now it only seems to work
  for NxN desktops.

  -- Henrique ([email-masked])

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 14:23:08 -0500

>>>>> "Henrique" == Henrique Martins <[email-masked]> writes:

Henrique>   Back in 1.xx we had FvwmPagerDeskTopScale.  At 2.00 this
Henrique>   disappeared and was re-introduced at 2.36.  Either the
Henrique>   re-introduction doesn't simulate the old behavior, or I
Henrique>   can't get it to do what I want.  I believe that back in
Henrique>   1.xx the DeskTopScale was actually a "PageScale", and not
Henrique>   a "DeskScale" as it seems to be now.

Henrique>   I use a 8x1 desktop.  My screen resolution is 1248x1024.
Henrique>   My pager is usually iconized and I have it at the bottom
Henrique>   right of the screen.  I would like it to be about 60
Henrique>   pixels high, which would be about 585 pixels wide.  This
Henrique>   is very close to a desk top scale of 17.

Henrique>   Back in 1.xx I only specified position part of the pager
Henrique>   geometry and a scale, and that's all I had to do.  I can't
Henrique>   seem to make it work for 2.xx using scale alone.  The way
Henrique>   that it is coded now it only seems to work for NxN
Henrique>   desktops.

I noticed these problems in the scaled size calculation a few weeks
ago when someone else brought them up.  I'm going to try and fix them
for the next release.

Chuck