Subject: FVWM: NoIconTitle bugs?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:26:48 +0600

I have this problem, I use some SUN tools such as "mailtool", "cm",
"perfmeters", and shelltool (I only use shelltool windows for certain
systems).

I don't want a icon title for these tools so I use the "NoIconTitle"
style for them.  The problem is that when I start Fred (This is what I
like to call fvwm.  I figured there was a "Tom's window manager", why
not a "Fred's Virtual Window Manager" ;-{)  I've got everyone at my
work calling it Fred also) these icons do not startup at the hard coded
positions specfied (e.g. mailtool -Wp 182 0 -Ws 585 281 -WP 943 0  -Wi)
but rather in the upper left corner.

When I click on these icons they snap to their designated coordinates.
This also happens on a restart.

Also when I use the module "FvwmIdent" on these icons nothing comes
back, but xwininfo has no problems.

If I remove the "NoIconTitle"  everything works as it should.

This is very annoying.

I am using Suns openwin (I wish I didn't have to, but I do) on a
Solaris 2.3 Sparc 5, Compiled with ANSI c, Fvwm Version 2.0.40, using
X11R5.

I reported this problem back when I first started using fvwm2 pl35.
This problem did not exist in Fvwm Version 1.24r.

One last thing, I saw someone else mention this problem but have not
seen any responce.  Every time I do a restart I see an error like
this:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3400003
  Serial number of failed request:  1892
  Current serial number in output stream:  1893

Could it be something in my rc file?

This is also very annoying.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank You

    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    AT&T Bell Laboratories
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Naperville IL, 60566-7045
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Email: [email-masked]
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     Voice: (708) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].