Subject: FVWM: WindowList

From: Don Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:09:49 -0700

Hi

I have tied my "meta key F6" to the window list.  When it comes up, if I click on
a selection, that window is brought to the top and the list goes away.  When I do
the same thing, but select the entry with a numeric keystroke, two presses of the
key are required.  One to get focus? and the second to perform the task?  In
version 1.x only one keystroke was required.

What am I doing wrong? (I did use transient anter WindowList)

thanks
-- 
*****************************************************************************
*    Don Fisher					[email-masked] 
*    Science Applications International Corporation		(520)570-7699       
*    5151 E. Broadway,  Suite 900                                           
*    Tucson, AZ  85711-3796                                                 
*****************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:04:29 -0500

>>>>> "Don" == Don Fisher <[email-masked]> writes:

Don> Hi

Don> I have tied my "meta key F6" to the window list.  When it comes
Don> up, if I click on a selection, that window is brought to the top
Don> and the list goes away.  When I do the same thing, but select the
Don> entry with a numeric keystroke, two presses of the key are
Don> required.  One to get focus? and the second to perform the task?
Don> In version 1.x only one keystroke was required.

Don> What am I doing wrong? (I did use transient anter WindowList)

You aren't doing anything wrong.  This is a bug.  I do know about it
(and related ones) and I think I have it in the TO-DO list.  If not,
it should be.

Chuck