Subject: FVWM: fvwm and OS/2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 96 14:35:17 EST

Hi Chuck, 

	I've been talking to Rob Nation, and he informed me
that you are now doing the fvwm 2.x developpement. Anyways, to make
a long story short, I've been working with Holger Veit on an OS/2 port
of Xfree86. The port is going well, most of the clients run and the 
server is now running (at least on my computer...). My contribution
up to now has been with the servers. 

Anyways, twm from the standard X11R6 dist. runs fine. I personally prefer
fvwm, its smaller, faster, and more functional(its what I have on linux).
 I hacked the 1.24(?) source
the other night, got it to compile and run under OS/2. Good. But
I also realised that a new version of fvwm was being worked on, and so I 
figured that if I was to make this a usefull port, I should work on the 2.x
version. 

Anyways, Rob told me that the new version was pretty well done and being
tested now. What I wondered was wether:

1. An OS/2 port would be welcome (I know it would'nt be hard, it took me
a night to do a "dirty" port of 1.24)

2. Would you include the source changes in you code base. These changes 
would obviously be "non-intrusive", in the sense that all OS/2 changes
would be enclosed in #ifdefs statements (like for Xfree86).

Anyways, let me know how you feel about this.

Thanks,

____________________
Sebastien Marineau
Mech. Eng, Ottawa University
[email-masked]

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].