Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons

From: "David A. Greene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 17:17:21 -0500 (EST)

Is there a way (under fvwm2) to use a menu with the FvwmButtons module?
The man page says any built-in command should work, so I tried both

*FvwmButtons	-	whatever	Menu "Test" Nop

and

*FvwmButtons	-	whatever	PopUp "Test

(this is from memory, so the syntax may not be totally correct.  It is in
the .fvwm file, though).  Obviosuly, it didn't work.

I couldn't find an answer to this in any FAQ or info file I saw.

Is it just not possible to do this?  I think this would be really
useful if it could be done.

Thanks for any help!

					-David Greene
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 22:47:29 +0000

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996 17:17:21 -0500 (EST)
"David A. Greene" <[email-masked]> 
> the .fvwm file, though).  Obviosuly, it didn't work.

The following works for me:

*FvwmButtons Machines	xftp.xpm	Popup Rlogins

This pops up the menu on clicking the button.

Ric

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Richard J. Lister    [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Research Assistant, Neural Computing Research Group
                  Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/~listerrj/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].