Subject: FVWM: compile problem fvwm 2

From: James Everett Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:05:08 -0700

jward:~/src/fvwm/fvwm$ make
rm -f fvwm2
gcc -o fvwm2 -O2 -m486 -ansi     -L/usr/X11R6/lib add_window.o
bindings.o     borders.o        builtins.o      colormaps.o     colors.o
complex.o      decorations.o    events.o        focus.o
functions.o     fvwm.o  icons.o 
        menus.o         misc.o  module.o        move.o  placement.o
read.o resize.o         style.o         virtual.o       windows.o -lXpm
-lXExExt -lXext -lX11 ../libs/libfvwm2.a      
GetFont.o(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
GetFont.o(.text+0xb3): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
make: *** [fvwm2] Error 1

I can't figure out why this is happening.

jward:~/src/fvwm/fvwm$ uname -a
Linux jward 1.2.8 #1 Sun May 7 13:10:10 CDT 1995 i486
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 14:17:06 -0500

>>>>> "James" == James Everett Ward <[email-masked]> writes:

James> GetFont.o(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
James> GetFont.o(.text+0xb3): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'

James> I can't figure out why this is happening.

Look at LATEST NEWS on the official web page for the patch for this:

                     http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/

Chuck