Subject: FVWM: Problem installing fvwm.2.0-40 on a PC running Debian GNU/Linux 0.93R.

From: Johan Nyberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 22:46:21 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem when I am trying to install fvwm-2.0.40 on my PC
running
Debian 0.93R6. I modified configure.h to my liking (just the variables
telling where to install various things) and then I did what is
said in the INSTALL file to build and install fvwm:

# xmkmf
# make Makefiles
# make 
# make install
...
rm -f fvwm2
gcc -o fvwm2 -O2 -m486 -ansi     -L/usr/X11R6/lib add_window.o
bindings.o      borders.o       builtins.o      colormaps.o
colors.o    complex.o       decorations.o   events.o        focus.o
    functions.o     fvwm.o  icons.o         menus.o         misc.o
module.o        move.o  placement.o     read.o  resize.o
style.o         virtual.o       windows.o -lXpm  -lXExExt -lXext -lX11
../libs/libfvwm2.a      
GetFont.o(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
GetFont.o(.text+0xb3): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
make[1]: *** [fvwm2] Error 1
...
#

Can somebody help me and tell why `XLoadQueryFont' is undefined and
what I should do to fix the problem? Please send me email
directly and I will summarize the answers...

Johan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email  : [email-masked]   WWW: <http://www3.tsl.uu.se/~nyberg>
Office : The Svedberg Laboratory, Uppsala University, BOX 533,
         S-75121 Uppsala, Sweden. Tel: +46-18-183047. Fax:
+46-18-183833
Home   : Hoejdvaegen 31B, S-75653 Uppsala, Sweden. Tel: +46-18-324314
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 09:01:33 -0500

>>>>> "Johan" == Johan Nyberg <[email-masked]> writes:

Johan> GetFont.o(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'
Johan> GetFont.o(.text+0xb3): undefined reference to `XLoadQueryFont'

Johan> Can somebody help me and tell why `XLoadQueryFont' is undefined
Johan> and what I should do to fix the problem? Please send me email
Johan> directly and I will summarize the answers...

Known problem.  Look to http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/ for the patch.

Chuck
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].