Subject: FVWM: Fvwm and emacs interaction bug?

From: Urban Boquist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 19:17:16 +0100 (MET)

This is with Fvwm-2.0.41 and emacs-19.30 on NetBSD/i386-current.

If I put the following in my ~/.emacs file:

	(menu-bar-mode -1)

to get rid of emacs menubar, emacs will "hang" for a few extra seconds
at startup, and then, when it removes the menubar, the last line of
the emacs window (the minibuffer) will become invisible (you can see
the top of the line just below the visible window).

Without the above line, emacs will start quickly, and with the correct
window size. I'm not sure if Fvwm or emacs is to blame for this, but
the problem does not appear under Fvwm 1.

Any hints appreciated,

	-- Urban

P.S. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I just joinded the list.

--
cryptographic Ft. Bragg Croatian Delta Force Nazi Honduras Khaddafi
cracking Legion of Doom Rule Psix ammunition arrangements munitions
Waco, Texas supercomputer
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].