Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 bug

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 17:13:53 -0700 (MST)

One fellow was wondering about binding a mouse event to a popup menu
in FvwmIconMan, so I tried it. I bound my WindowOps popup to a mouse
click (that menuu has the standard raise, lower, etc in it). The popup
works fine, so I selected lower. I figured it wouldn't lower the correct
window, but I didn't expect the core dump that happened. Here's the deal:

UpdateMenu() calls ExecuteFunction() and passes a NULL window pointer.
This NULL pointer winds up as the paramater to LowerWindow(), and
LowerWindow() immediately dereferences it. 

I don't know what the preferred method to deal with this is. Perhaps all 
of the low level LowerWindow() type functions need to check for NULL, or
maybe the check should be done higher up. I don't know.

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].