Subject: FVWM: possible focus bug in fvwm-1.24r

From: Goodridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 12:19:42 +0000

Hi,

We've been having problems with the focusing of fvwm-1.24r over
Solaris2.4.  The application stops receiving all keyboard input and
subsequent mouse clicks do nothing.  Fvwm seems to have lost focus. 
Here are a couple of typical bug reports:

	Cannot activate text field by clicking on it with left mouse
	button.  To activate field you need to hold the middle mouse
	button down all the time you type in values.

	The numeric keypad stops working.  (probably includes the
	rest of the keyboard, first line support never seems to
	check this)

We do have a work around.  If you click on the current window in the
virtual desktop pager, everything is restored to normal.  Simple fix?
Not so....trying to explain this to inexperienced users is a nightmare,
the virtual desktop and pager get ehm totally confused.  There is also
the fact that we don't like having known bugs in our applications :-)

We've tried various different configurations of the .fvwmrc and messed
with xmodmap and XKeySymDB to no avail.  Moving to verison 2.04 isn't
really an option because high reliablilty and availability
are extremely important features of our system.

I understand that your concentrating on bug fixes and issues of the 2.04
release, any help would be appreciatied.

Thanks,

Adam.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].