Subject: FVWM: beta 2.0.41 released

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:03:02 -0500

Howdy folks,

At long last I've managed to get the next beta release of fvwm2 out.
Available from ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/:

-rw-rw-r--   1 chines   users     489477 Feb 19 14:52 fvwm-2.0.41.tar.gz

And here's the ChangeLog:

2.0.41
       1. More FAQ updates & man page corrections
       2. Patch to limit GetFdWidth to FD_SETSIZE to prevent fvwm from
          eating too much cpu under bsdi if 'unlimit descriptors' is used
       3. Ressurrected desktop edge wrap via EdgeScroll*1000 feature
       4. Fixed library link order (fixes the sometimes undefined
          XLoadQueryFont problem)
       5. Renamed fvwm_icons subdir to be just icons, documentation to be
          just docs
       6. Removed FvwmPrompt (use FvwmForm instead, since it's better anyways)
       7. Todd Fries 'UseStyle' patch
       8. XClientMessages sent to icon windows (that aren't
          XA_WM_CHANGE_STATE ones) are now sent along to to the apps
          window
       9. FvwmButtons fixes from Jarl for incorrectly drawn buttons and
          better no title handling
       10. FvwmForm now uses GetFontOrFixed, instead of silently failing
           if font can't be found
       11. New Imake setup based on patch from Mark Powell (let's see if
           people have less problems with this, since it's more 'standard'
           now)
       12. Changed top directory to contain version number
       13. Modified Style parsing to (hopefully) do less string compares
           for a potential speedup
       14. Modified DispatchEvent to use a jump table instead of a switch
           statement, again for a potential speedup
       15. FvwmIconBox patches from Nobutaka Suzuki

Notes:

  #1 The docs should be a little more accurate now, but I know some stuff
     is still missing/wrong.  Let me know when you run accross these
     things...

  #4 This is actually taken care of by #11

  #9 I had some intermittent problems w/ FvwmButtons not swallowing
     the pager correctly.  I haven't investigated that yet.

  #11 This should be a smother build & install process now...

  #13 & #14 Hopefully these won't create any problems.

It won't be so long between releases for the next one, hopefully.
Especially if (heaven forbid) there are any big build problems like
last time.

Please note that I didn't get all of the patches & bugfixes in there
that I wanted to, so if something you were waiting for wasn't in there
(again), hopefully I'll get it in the next one.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].