Subject: FVWM: Fvwm2 freezes screen (DEC Alpha OSF/1 v3.2c)

From: David Yuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:45:49 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I am using fvwm 2.0.40  and DEC Alpha 200 4/166 (OSF V3.2C). 

I have one problem: when my mouse is in the root window area, if I press right
mouse button, the screen is freezed. Then I have to telnet in and kill the 
window manager. 

Could someone out there tell me if this is a bug of fvwm or something I can
avoid it?

Thanks,

David

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              David Yuan
                    MCI Telecommunications Corporation
 901 International Pkwy.        ||      Office Number: 214 498 1129
 Richardson, TX 75081           ||       FAX   Number: 214 498 1040
             http://win20.rch.mci.com/dyuan/Welcome.html
             Want to know my public key? Finger me :-)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Aaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 13:55:25 -0500 (EST)

> mouse button, the screen is freezed. Then I have to telnet in and kill the 

i had problems with 2.0.40 on OSF as well.  
im useing 2.0.41 now and things have cleared up.

---

From: "Charles S. Kerr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 17:28:28 -0600 (CST)

> im useing 2.0.41 now and things have cleared up.

I have had the same experience with fvwm locking when I clicked the
right mouse button on the root window area.  fvwm 2.0.41 seems to have
fixed this for me, too.

Charles