Subject: FVWM: Fvwm2 and FileMgr Module

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:18:07 GMT

I seem to recall stumbling across a reference to a FileMgr in WWW
Fvwm1 documentation some time ago. Is there a Fvwm2 version
available, can I use the Fvwm1 version if not, and if there is
where might I get my grubby hands on a copy? (Phew!)

Some users here still use Suns File Manager, which is fine, except that
it is a complete mess when it comes to placing and controlling its icons.
The WasteBasket in particular seems to appear stubbornly in the same
place, regardless of how inconvenient that place is. I don't use
it myself so I don't suffer!

Thanks.
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:54:30 -0500

>>>>> "David" == David Kennedy <[email-masked]> writes:

David> I seem to recall stumbling across a reference to a FileMgr in
David> WWW Fvwm1 documentation some time ago. Is there a Fvwm2 version
David> available, can I use the Fvwm1 version if not, and if there is
David> where might I get my grubby hands on a copy? (Phew!)

David> Some users here still use Suns File Manager, which is fine,
David> except that it is a complete mess when it comes to placing and
David> controlling its icons.  The WasteBasket in particular seems to
David> appear stubbornly in the same place, regardless of how
David> inconvenient that place is. I don't use it myself so I don't
David> suffer!

Opps!  Another FAQ entry I forgot...

The FvwmFileMgr module dissappeared because a file manager doesn't
need to be integrated with a window manager and xfm does a much better
job.  I recommend you pick that up instead (from ftp.x.org or your
favorite mirror).

Chuck