Subject: FVWM: trouble building fvwm2 on hpux9

From: Deryl Seale <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:51:26 -0600 (CST)

I'll preface by apologizing for asking what is surely a dumb question.

I'm building the latest beta version of FVWM2 on hpux9 and I'm getting a missing 
library error. Specifically, it's looking for libV3.a (that's what I think it's 
called.. the link line has -lV3 defined). I've never heard of this before and I 
don't know what it's in reference to. I can't find this library in any of the usual 
lib directories. Can anyone help, or point me to the source so I can build this 
library myself?

thanks-
Deryl

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 09:27:54 GMT

> From: Deryl Seale <[email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:51:26 -0600 (CST)

> I'm building the latest beta version of FVWM2 on hpux9 and I'm getting
> a missing library error. Specifically, it's looking for libV3.a
> (that's what I think it's called.. the link line has -lV3
> defined). I've never heard of this before and I don't know what it's
> in reference to. I can't find this library in any of the usual lib
> directories. Can anyone help, or point me to the source so I can build
> this library myself?

On my HPUX (A.09.03) it's in /usr/lib:

MEDP> l /usr/lib/*V*
-r--r--r--   1 bin      bin        11612 Sep 23  1993 /usr/lib/libV3.a
-r--r--r--   9 bin      bin         1732 Sep 23  1993 /usr/lib/libV7.a

May be it's part of an option for HPUX. A quick look with nm reveals these
symbols:

/usr/lib/libV3.a:setjmp.o:0000005c T longjmp
/usr/lib/libV3.a:setjmp.o:00000000 T setjmp
/usr/lib/libV3.a:sighold.o:00000000 T sighold
/usr/lib/libV3.a:sigignore.o:00000000 T sigignore
/usr/lib/libV3.a:sigpause.o:00000000 T sigpause
/usr/lib/libV3.a:sigrelse.o:00000000 T sigrelse
/usr/lib/libV3.a:sigset.o:00000000 T sigset

-- 
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer <[email-masked]>
Primagraphics Limited, Graphics Court, Melbourn Science Park,
Melbourn, Royston, Herts SG8 6EJ, England. Tel. +44 1763 262041
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].