Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan 0.3 released

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 20:29:45 -0700 (MST)

I just uploaded FvwmIconMan 0.3 onto hpc.uh.edu. Gauging from last time,
an announcement should appear here when it's moved into its final resting
place. As always, you can also get it from:

ftp://mahler.cs.arizona.edu/pub/FvwmIconMan/FvwmIconMan-0.3.tar.gz

Mahler is the machine on my desk, so it's there right now.

Changes:

* It now correctly keeps the manager lists sorted when windows change names.
* Added an option: sort, to control whether or not to sort.
* Added an option: followfocus, when set the manager will keep track of
	which window has the focus.
* You can customize the look of buttons in the following states: the window
	has focus, the cursor is in the button, the cursor is in the
	button AND the window has focus, and plain buttons. For each
	state you can specify the foreground and background color, and whether
	the button looks raised, flat, or sunk. I use the same color scheme
	as my titlebars, and it's a big improvement.
* It has an Imakefile. No more config.h junk unless you want/have to. (you
	still need to set FVWM_VERSION appropriately, but it defaults to
	2 now).
* Added an action for when the cursor enters a window's button, and you
	can bind fvwm events to it. 
* Up to know you could only set a window's manager based on the value of
	its Resource. Now you can use regular expressions, and match against
	the icon, title, class, and resource of a window. Matching against the
	title or icon name can result in you window moving from one manager to
	another. 
* I include a patch to fvwm 2.0.40 to modify the Focus function so that you
	can bind Focus to the above action, and get it to work like the
	TWM icon manager.
* Fixed some bugs, and probably introduced more. 

I'd like to thank David Berson ([email-masked]) and Ricardo Gonsalez
([email-masked]) for their code donations.

Enjoy.

[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 23:45:53 -0600

>>>>> "BM" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

BM> I just uploaded FvwmIconMan 0.3 onto hpc.uh.edu. Gauging from last
BM> time, an announcement should appear here when it's moved into its final
BM> resting place.

And it's been moved the
<URL:ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/misc/FvwmIconMan-0.3.tar.gz>.  Enjoy!

 - J<