Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.0.40 installing problem/fixes

From: Reinhard Sy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 1996 12:10:23 +0100

HI

I have installed FVWM 2.0.40 on a SONY NWS1250 with NEWSOS 4.1C

I have no strstr.o and strdup.o in my system librarys I think these functions 
should be supplied with the fvwm distribution. 

In Module FvwmDebug

there must be an NEED_WAIDPID
for machines the does not have waitpid and uses wait3.

In the same manner like in fvwm/misc.h

Thanks

Reinhard Sy
+----------------------------------+--------------------------------+
|GraS - Graphische Systeme GmbH    |     email : [email-masked]        |
|Mecklenburgische Str. 27          |     Phone : +49 30 8232074     |
|14197 BERLIN                      |     FAX   : +49 30 8248779	    |
|Germany                           |     S-Plus: [email-masked]      |
+----------------------------------+--------------------------------+

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 10:06:42 -0500

>>>>> "Reinhard" == Reinhard Sy <[email-masked]> writes:

Reinhard> HI
Reinhard> I have installed FVWM 2.0.40 on a SONY NWS1250 with NEWSOS 4.1C

Hey, another system for the 'successful ports' list...

Reinhard> I have no strstr.o and strdup.o in my system librarys I
Reinhard> think these functions should be supplied with the fvwm
Reinhard> distribution.

Unfortunate.  I'll see about adding those w/ #define's.

Reinhard> In Module FvwmDebug

Reinhard> there must be an NEED_WAIDPID
Reinhard> for machines the does not have waitpid and uses wait3.

Reinhard> In the same manner like in fvwm/misc.h

I hope that not too many people actually require FvwmDebug, but I'll
see about making this change regardless...

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].