Subject: FVWM: Another minor 2.0.41 compile-time error

From: Robert Tarrall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 13:20:36 -0700

One other fvwm 2.0.41 compile-time problem I've noticed... if Fvwm.tmpl
says:
  #define FvwmName       fvwm2       
then the resulting "make install" command line for fvwm will look like:
  bsdinst -c fvwm2 /usr/local/bin       fvwm2
Getting rid of the additional spaces in the #define statements in Fvwm.tmpl
seems to fix this problem.

I'm not an imake guru, and I'm running a beta-test OS, so... is this
a bug in my imake, or is it incorrect to put those additional spaces
in the "#define" line in a template file?  Thanks -

                       -Robert Tarrall.-
                       Unix System/Network Admin
                       Laboratory for Computational Dynamics
                       CU - Boulder
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:32:19 -0500

>>>>> "RT" == Robert Tarrall <[email-masked]> writes:

RT> One other fvwm 2.0.41 compile-time problem I've noticed... if Fvwm.tmpl
RT> says:
RT>   #define FvwmName       fvwm2
RT> then the resulting "make install" command line for fvwm will look like:
RT>   bsdinst -c fvwm2 /usr/local/bin       fvwm2
RT> Getting rid of the additional spaces in the #define statements in Fvwm.tmpl
RT> seems to fix this problem.

RT> I'm not an imake guru, and I'm running a beta-test OS, so... is this
RT> a bug in my imake, or is it incorrect to put those additional spaces
RT> in the "#define" line in a template file?  Thanks -

I was afraid that might cause some problems.  I know that others will
see this as well, since similiar things happened in the past.

I'll clean it up for the next release.

Chuck