Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 2.0.41 on AIX 3.2.5 (X11R4)

From: [email-masked] (David Murphy CA1)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 17:04:02 +0000 (GMT)

Has anyone had any strange problems with 2.0.41 on AIX? Such as modules
(with the exception of FvwmTalk) failing to work? (Process starts but no
display)

--
Dave Murphy <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Sig under reconstruction.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Alan Wild" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 09:23:12 -0800 (PST)

> (with the exception of FvwmTalk) failing to work? (Process starts but no

I am running AIX 3.2.5 and I built fvwm 2.0.41 with NO problems.
I use FvwmButtons, Fvwmbacker, FvwmIdent, FvwmPager, FvwmWinList, etc.
and all are working okay.

Unfortunately, my system has multiple copies of X11 libraries and
C libraries.  I can't tell you if I linked against an IBM standard setup or
an in-house hacked version.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was both.  :)

-Alan

-- 
Alan Wild
Office Phone:	(503)677-4538
[email-masked]
f/s/c  [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 13:51:29 -0500

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Wild <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (with the exception of FvwmTalk) failing to work? (Process starts but no

Alan> I am running AIX 3.2.5 and I built fvwm 2.0.41 with NO problems.
Alan> I use FvwmButtons, Fvwmbacker, FvwmIdent, FvwmPager, FvwmWinList, etc.
Alan> and all are working okay.

I too use and compile it under AIX as well as Linux before I release.
Haven't had any problems like this.

Alan> Unfortunately, my system has multiple copies of X11 libraries
Alan> and C libraries.  I can't tell you if I linked against an IBM
Alan> standard setup or an in-house hacked version.

Alan> I wouldn't be surprised if it was both.  :)

That's kinda scary.

Chuck