Subject: FVWM: PPosition

From: Michael Tiefenback <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 14:56:36 -0500 (EST)

I am confused (in general about many things, but in specific about
PPosition).  Fvwm 1.nn used to have in its documentation a mention of the
NoPPosition style.  It was a relatively abbreviated description, so that
those not "in the know" didn't have their status much changed as a result
of reading it.  It seems to be even more nebulous in the fvwm2 docs (as in:
it seems not to be mentioned at all).  Am I overlooking something in the
manpages?  There were some much earlier messages on the list touching on 
this feature, but I don't have them recorded.  I mention this only 
because the recent questions asked by users made me try to find the 
answer in the docs and I couldn't.

Michael Tiefenback

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:02:41 -0500

>>>>> "MT" == Michael Tiefenback <[email-masked]> writes:

MT> I am confused (in general about many things, but in specific about
MT> PPosition).  Fvwm 1.nn used to have in its documentation a mention of the
MT> NoPPosition style.  It was a relatively abbreviated description, so that
MT> those not "in the know" didn't have their status much changed as a result
MT> of reading it.  It seems to be even more nebulous in the fvwm2 docs (as in:
MT> it seems not to be mentioned at all).  Am I overlooking something in the
MT> manpages?  There were some much earlier messages on the list touching on
MT> this feature, but I don't have them recorded.  I mention this only
MT> because the recent questions asked by users made me try to find the
MT> answer in the docs and I couldn't.

The docs for 2.xx are not 100% accurate yet, which is the main reason
why it's still in beta.  It's what I'm trying to focus on cleaning up
right now.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get some more work done on the
docs, make/install problems, and more bugfixes and have another
release like Monday or so, which will be the precursor to the first
official release.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Kaszeta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:12:48 -0600

>it seems not to be mentioned at all).  

Note also that the SloppyFocus command is mentioned briefly in the
'description' of fvwm, but no further mention is made of it in the
docs.

-- 
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
[email-masked],[email-masked]  University of MN, ME Dept
http://www.me.umn.edu/0h/home/kaszeta/www.html
--
Tabasco. Don't leave ~ without it.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].