Subject: FVWM: maximize function request

From: Ron Roskens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 15:21:45 -0600 (CST)

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an addition to the
maximize function built in to fvwm2. What I want fvwm2 to do is allow
maximization from the _bottom_ of the screen rather than the top of
the screen. I thought it might be easiest to allow negative numbers
as arguments to the Maximize function.

Another feature I wouldn't mind seeing in fvwm2 is adding a prefered 
placement area. As I tend to have all my "needed" windows at the top of the
screen, I don't want any new windows to pop up in this area. I'd like to
make this area off limits to any new windows.

Ron Roskens
--
U of MN - CS, ACM SysAdmin 	| Life is a simulation of reality.	
email:[email-masked]	| http://www.cs.umn.edu/~roskens/	
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:11:58 -0500

>>>>> "Ron" == Ron Roskens <[email-masked]> writes:

Ron> I was wondering if it would be possible to add an addition to the
Ron> maximize function built in to fvwm2. What I want fvwm2 to do is
Ron> allow maximization from the _bottom_ of the screen rather than
Ron> the top of the screen. I thought it might be easiest to allow
Ron> negative numbers as arguments to the Maximize function.

This seems to be a valid request, I think.  And a rather simple
addition to the code.  I'll see about getting it in there.

Ron> Another feature I wouldn't mind seeing in fvwm2 is adding a
Ron> prefered placement area. As I tend to have all my "needed"
Ron> windows at the top of the screen, I don't want any new windows to
Ron> pop up in this area. I'd like to make this area off limits to any
Ron> new windows.

Hm...  There are some other requests with ways to control placement
behavior.  If those additions are made, this one might be able to be
put in there as well.  We'll have to see about that one.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Alan Wild" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:26:28 -0800 (PST)

> addition to the code.  I'll see about getting it in there.

If you are looking into this, please look at left/right options as well.

I like to have my "toolbar" located vertically on the left hand of the
screen.  This is problematic for Maximizing Horizontally.

-Alan

-- 
Alan Wild
Office Phone:	(503)677-4538
[email-masked]
f/s/c  [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (John Henders)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 16:34:03 -0800 (PST)

Charles Hines writes:

> Ron> I thought it might be easiest to allow
An additional request I would like to make is to allow setting the
number of lines the window will expand. It would be really useful to be
able to toggle an xterm between 25 and 48 lines.

-- 
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
                GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                     b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:38:39 -0500

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Wild <[email-masked]> writes:

>> addition to the code.  I'll see about getting it in there.

Alan> If you are looking into this, please look at left/right options as well.

But of course...