Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: Key bindings on restart

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 15:38:10 GMT

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
>  Perhaps unlikely, but I got bit by it so I'll ask: Do you have a call
>  to xmodmap in your init/restart functions?  If so, get it out of the
>  restart function.  Some of the xmodmap mappings can end up acting like
>  toggles which might mess up your arrow keys or modifiers.  I got bit
>  by this once.  If I restarted fvwm the swapping of CONTROL and
>  CAPSLOCK got switched back and my mapping for MOD2 got lost.  I've
>  sinced put the call to xmodmap directly in my .xsession file.

Nope. This isn't what happens.

A bit of experimenting reveals that xlock does the same thing.
On unlocking my machine I have to give the focus to a window and then
I can go back to root and use my arrow keys to navigate pages.

Inconvenient if I restart or unlock and want to go to screen X.

Another one for 'Why does it do that?' list then.
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].