Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmButtons w/o fonts?

From: [email-masked] (John Henders)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Dave Goldberg writes:

>  You know some
> people prefer to run the pager iconified so they always just see the
> current desktop (takes up much less space that way) but get frustrated
> because they can't swallow the iconfied pager?  The solution to that
> is to set up the IconBox to only hold the pager icon and then swallow
> that iconbox.
>

So that's how you can do it. However, this argues more for making
FvwmButtons be able to swallow things iconified, as swallowing the icon
manager to swallow the iconized pager is really a horrible kludge.

-- 
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
                GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                     b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 13:53:37 -0500

>>>>> "John" == John Henders <[email-masked]> writes:

>> is to set up the IconBox to only hold the pager icon and then swallow

John> So that's how you can do it. However, this argues more for making
John> FvwmButtons be able to swallow things iconified, as swallowing the icon
John> manager to swallow the iconized pager is really a horrible kludge.

Yes, it is an evil kludge.  I'm going to try and get the patch to
allow the non iconified pager to show the current active desk in there
for the next release or at least before the official release.

Chuck
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.eFrom [email-masked]  Wed Feb 14 15:07:48 1996
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FVWM: FVWM - paths and variables. 
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:07:31 -0700
From: Robert Tarrall <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

David Kennedy wrote:
-> Where should I set an environment variable (say XAPPLRESDIR) in order for
-> FvwmButtons to pick up on it? Can it, will it? And ditto for paths.
-> Is there any way to get around this problem? I have some apps that run
-> from an xterm command line but not (properly) from FvwmButtons due
-> to misisng environment variables.

One way is to use the "env" program, e.g.:
env XAPPLRESDIR=<something horrendous> xterm -args
See the man page on "env" for more info.

			-Robert Tarrall.-
			Unix System/Network Admin
			Laboratory for Computational Dynamics
			CU - Boulder
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].