Subject: FVWM: Slight problems compiling patchlevel 40 on HP-UX

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 10:26:08 -0700 (MST)

This is on HPUX.

The first problem is the order of the libaries when compiling fvwm2. 
On my machine at least, -lfvwm2 needs to come before the X libs, as it
uses XLoadQueryFont, which is defined in X11. Currently, it's the last library
in the list.

Secondly, the macro FVWM_CPP, which is used by FvwmCpp to determine where
cpp is, can be set in makefile.h, but there doesn't seem to be an automatic
way for imake to generate a -DFVWM_CPP="whatever" line in FvwmCpp's makefile.

[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:41:14 -0500

>>>>> "Brady" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

Brady> This is on HPUX.

Brady> The first problem is the order of the libaries when compiling
Brady> fvwm2.  On my machine at least, -lfvwm2 needs to come before
Brady> the X libs, as it uses XLoadQueryFont, which is defined in
Brady> X11. Currently, it's the last library in the list.

Known problem.  Patch can be found at:

                     http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/

Brady> Secondly, the macro FVWM_CPP, which is used by FvwmCpp to
Brady> determine where cpp is, can be set in makefile.h, but there
Brady> doesn't seem to be an automatic way for imake to generate a
Brady> -DFVWM_CPP="whatever" line in FvwmCpp's makefile.

Correct.  The build process is still being improved, so for the time
being just edit makefile.h.  I'll try and account for this in the
future.

Chuck