Subject: FVWM: Focus function which doesn't warp the cursor

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 09:59:05 -0700 (MST)

I'm about to release a new version of FvwmIconMan, and it now has the ability
to follow which window has the focus. (For those who don't know, which I
assume is most of you, FvwmIconMan is an icon manager similar to TWM's icon
manager. You can find it on hpc.uh.edu). It would be nice if the fvwm Focus
function wouldn't have to always raise and warp the cursor to the target
window. Probably the best way to do this is to have the Focus function take a
few paramters. 

Is this on anybody's todo list, or should I do it myself? 

[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:49:44 +0100

>>>>> "Brady" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

    Brady> I'm about to release a new version of FvwmIconMan, and it
    Brady> now has the ability to follow which window has the
    Brady> focus. (For those who don't know, which I assume is most of
    Brady> you, FvwmIconMan is an icon manager similar to TWM's icon
    Brady> manager. You can find it on hpc.uh.edu). 

Well, since you are working on a new version, it is an occasion for me
to tell you that I could never get it to work. It compiles fine
(SunOS4.1.3+X11R6+gcc2.7.0), but when I launch it, no window
appears. If I switch to a different pager pane, a window shows up, but
it contains nothing in it.

Well, what do I do now?

Jean-Marc.

PS: here is the relevant part of my .fvwmrc:

*FvwmIconMan*nummanagers 1
*FvwmIconMan*resolution  global
*FvwmIconMan*background  Gray
*FvwmIconMan*foreground  Black
*FvwmIconMan*font        -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmIconMan*geometry    194x100-0+73