Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons

From: "John Junior Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:35:47 -0500

when i start some applications by clicking on one of the FvwmButton buttons, it
doesn't pop back up.  For example the following buttons don't pop back up even
after i close the applications.

*FvwmButtons MXterm	xterm.xpm	Exec "Mxterm" 	mxterm -sb -fg white
-bg gray45

*FvwmButtons NxPr	mytypewr.xpm   	Exec "NxPr" 	nxpr -fg white -bg
gray45 &

thanks

-- 
**************************************************************************

==================================================
||John J. Dawkins II                            ||
||Electrical & Computer Engineering             ||
||662E  2110 Avent Ferry Road                   ||
||Raleigh, NC  27606                            ||
||(919)512-6853                                 ||
[email-masked]                         ||
||http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jjdawkin/www            ||
==================================================
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:57:14 -0500

>>>>> "John" == John Junior Dawkins <[email-masked]> writes:

John> when i start some applications by clicking on one of the
John> FvwmButton buttons, it doesn't pop back up.  For example the
John> following buttons don't pop back up even after i close the
John> applications.

John> *FvwmButtons MXterm xterm.xpm Exec "Mxterm" mxterm -sb -fg white
John> -bg gray45

John> *FvwmButtons NxPr mytypewr.xpm Exec "NxPr" nxpr -fg white -bg
John> gray45 &

RTFM.  From the FvwmButtons.man file:

               If command is an fvwm Exec command, then the button
               will remain pushed in until a window whose name or
               class matches the qouted portion of the command is
               encountered. This is intended to provide visual
               feedback to the user that the action he has requested
               will be performed. If the qouted portion contains no
               characters, then the button will pop out immediately.
               Note that users can continue pressing the button, and
               re-executing the command, even when it looks "pressed
               in."

Use FvwmIdent to find out what the Name (or Class) of the windows are
and make sure that is what you put in the "" of the Exec.

It's also question #10 in the FAQ.

Chuck