Subject: FVWM: Terminal type

From: "John S. Seng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 19:30:48 +1130 (???)

Hi,
	I just upgraded to fvwm2.0.40 and whenever I try to clear my rxvt 
I get the message:

	'xterm': Unknown terminal type.

	Thanks.

-John
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:51:01 -0500

>>>>> "John" == John S Seng <[email-masked]> writes:

John> Hi,
John>   I just upgraded to fvwm2.0.40 and whenever I try to clear my rxvt
John> I get the message:

John>   'xterm': Unknown terminal type.

This has nothing to do with fvwm.  Your /etc/termcap file, or the
/usr/lib/terminfo/ directory is missing the terminal information for
xterms apparently.  Try setting the environment variable TERM to be
'vt100' instead and see if it likes that.

Chuck