Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm and FvwmPrompt

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:54:14 GMT

I have been reading through the more obscure modules now that I am 
familiar with Fvwm2 and was impressed with FvwmForm.
Its a pity that I can't think of anything more useful than a logout
button! Does anyone have any particularly useful, "Didn't know I 
needed one until I had it" applications for this?

After reading about FvwmPrompt however I feel that it is just a subset 
of FvwmForm and could probably be dropped from the release without too
much bother, its very easy to duplicate that functionality in FvwmForm
and there is no real need for a whole separate module. Or am I missing
something?

Its useful enough but there is a richer module doing the same thing
released with it. YMMV.

And a stupid question : when does FVWM become non-beta? Is it 'real
soon now' or actually not far off?

-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 96 14:29:13 +0100

>>>>> David Kennedy writes:

D> I have been reading through the more obscure modules now that I am 
D> familiar with Fvwm2 and was impressed with FvwmForm.
D> Its a pity that I can't think of anything more useful than a logout
D> button! Does anyone have any particularly useful, "Didn't know I 
D> needed one until I had it" applications for this?

well I always wanted sth like xlock, but not only -allowroot, but allowing
EVERY valid user on the system. But instead of letting them into my
account, it should log me out first ("quit fvwm").
i.e: some sort of login mask, that logs me into my currently running
desktop session (again), or allowing any other user to log me out, and use
my workstation, if he's in need.

(don't know how to handle the password read (trustfully), but anything else
should be doable.)

albrecht
-- 
We place our faith in human rights
In the paper wars that tie the redtape tight
I know that I would rather be out of this conspiracy	-- Marillion
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].