Subject: FVWM: Iconbox region/FvwmIconBox request

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:03:55 -0500

I normally have an IconBox region to hold my icons.  This works just
fine.  However, the icons move around within the region.  For example,
iconify two apps, A and B.  Deiconify the top left most icon, let's
say it's A.  Switch to another virtual screen.  The B icon is now at
the top left of the region.  When I switch back to the original
screen, and iconify A, the icon order is now B A.

I know that by moving the icon, I can fix it's location.  This works
fine, but is it possible for this to happen automatically?  If not in
general, how about just for sticky windows that are iconified?  I'd
like that space reserved for those icons too.  That way, if both A and
B are deiconified, and I iconify C, C doesn't go into the space where
A's icon used to be.  When I iconify A, it goes over C's icon.

Alternatively, I can use FvwmIconBox.  This is ok, but it puts every
icon in the box.  Is it possible to only show the icons in the current
virtual screen?  How about making it only show the iconified apps, and
show no icons for the deiconified apps?  Or at least do what mwm does
and hashes out the icons for the apps that are open.

One of these features would be nice to have, but I can't do it myself,
unfortunately.

In any case, fvwm is still the best wm around!

Ray
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].