Subject: Re: FVWM: Simple Key Bindings.

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:48:19 GMT

This, I promise, will be my last question for quite a while now that I have the
icons under control.

Does anyone out there still use Sun's Mailtool with Fvwm (preferably Fvwm2)?
If so could they drop me an email regarding fixing its behaviour where double clicking on
a new message drops an icon instead of an open view message pane?

Just a note on handy compiling, despite giving the location of my (non-system wide)
Xpm libraries in configure.h for a few of the modules I had to go and modify the 
Makefiles and slot the location of it into a duplicate slot, USRLIBDIR or similiar 
which was just repeating the openwin stuff. (Did anyone else understand me there?)
Other than that and finally resolving the unexpected FVWM_MODULEDIR problem the compilation
was quite pain free. A couple more comments in the version two fvwmrc (fvwmrc2) file
would have helped I feel, or perhaps a couple more files period (as there was in the
first distribution of fvwm).

I've just deleted the compilation dir (my usual backup to tape takes to long if I keep
all my rubbish!) so can't check this on the TO-DO list, but there are a few features of
other managers that would be very useful. I'm most familiar with olvwm (I worked under
Olwm when I started my PhD) and it has one feature I miss, you were able to take a full
window, drag it into the Pager and drop it in another window, satying where you were.
I'd imagine that is on the To-Do list, if not, it really is a valuable shortcut.
A system of being able to say which 'page' of a 'desk' an application starts on would also be
useful, I like sliding between pages yet can't specify applications to go on Desk 1, page 2,
say 4 programs start on desk 1 at once, it gets crowded.

Thanks again for everyones help while compiling, much appreciated.

-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike Blatchley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 10:38:06 -0700 (MST)

> Does anyone out there still use Sun's Mailtool with Fvwm (preferably Fvwm2)?

Nope, but ....

> a new message drops an icon instead of an open view message pane?

I still have Mailtool on my system and it does not exhibit this 
behaviour.  Just a curious question, do you have a line like this in your 
.fvwmrc?

  Style "Mailtool"    StartIconic

If so, this would not only start the initial application iconic, but it would
also open any new windows spawned from the application in the iconic state. 
This is because they all share the "mailtool" resource and class name.  

If not, look for any Style definitions with the StartIconic option and 
make sure they are not getting matched up with Mailtool somehow.

Also, mailtool does start iconic on my system by default, even without
specifying it as a Style. 

Mike
======================================================================
      * email: [email-masked] -or- [email-masked] *
======================================================================
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].