Subject: FVWM: Problem compiling fvwm 2.0.40 on UnixWare 2.03 (UNIX_SV 4.2MP)

From: Tomas Vanhala <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:49:21 +0200

Hello.

Attempting to compile fvwm 2.0.40 on UnixWare 2.03 (uname -sr says this is
UNIX_SV 4.2MP) with the AT&T ANSI C compiler aborts with the following
errors:

        cc -O -Xa  -I.  -I//usr/X/include -I. -DSVR4 -DSYSV386 -DI18N   \
-DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/X/lib\" -DDESTDIR=\"/usr/X\" \
-c borders.c
UX:acomp: WARNING: "borders.c", line 541: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
UX:acomp: WARNING: "borders.c", line 549: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
UX:acomp: WARNING: "borders.c", line 562: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
UX:acomp: WARNING: "borders.c", line 573: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
UX:acomp: WARNING: "borders.c", line 586: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
        cc -O -Xa  -I.  -I//usr/X/include -I. -DSVR4 -DSYSV386 -DI18N   \
-DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/X/lib\" -DDESTDIR=\"/usr/X\" \
-c builtins.c
UX:acomp: ERROR: "builtins.c", line 999: Syntax error before or at: /
UX:acomp: ERROR: "builtins.c", line 999: syntax error, probably missing ",", 
";$
UX:acomp: ERROR: "builtins.c", line 999: cannot recover from previous errors
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

I don't see anything wrong with the source, so I must be missing something...

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].