Subject: FVWM: XGetWMName, XGetWMIconName

From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation 885-9815)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 96 12:53:35 EST

Someone recently pointed out a bug to me, and I wanted to make sure
that it gets fixed.

Fvwm compares the return value from XGetWMName and XGetWMIconName to 
the define "Success",ie if(XGetWMName(...) != Success)return;

We should compare to zero, according to the man page.

The above comparison occurs several times, just getp XGetWM in the
source to find it.
Rob
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:04:23 -0500

>>>>> "Rob" == Robert Nation 885-9815 <[email-masked]> writes:

Rob> Someone recently pointed out a bug to me, and I wanted to make sure
Rob> that it gets fixed.

Rob> Fvwm compares the return value from XGetWMName and XGetWMIconName to
Rob> the define "Success",ie if(XGetWMName(...) != Success)return;

Rob> We should compare to zero, according to the man page.

Rob> The above comparison occurs several times, just getp XGetWM in the
Rob> source to find it.

I've been cleaning these up as I run across them, but I'll make an
explicit search for them for the next release.

Thanks,
Chuck