Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: Moving windows using pager

From: [email-masked] (Albrecht Kadlec)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 96 11:01:22 +0100

>>>>> Eric Ding writes:

>>>>> [email-masked] (Laurent Duperval) writes:
> One of the neat things I could do with olvwm was to move windows from on
> section to the "pager" (in fvwm-linguo) to another by selecting that
> window in the pager and moving it elsewhere.  Is there something similar
> in fvwm?

E> From the FvwmPager man page:

E>      Dragging mouse button 2 on a miniature view of a window will
E>      cause  that  window  to  be  move  to the location where you
E>      release the mouse button, but your viewport will not change.
E>      If  you drag the window out of the pager and onto your desk-
E>      top, a full size image of the window will appear for you  to
E>      place.  There  is no way to pick up a full size image of the
E>      window and move it into the pager, however. Since some  mice
E>      do not have button 2, I have made provisions to drag windows
E>      in the pager by using pressing modifier-1 (usually Alt)  and
E>      dragging with button 3.

as you mention olvwm: how can I reproduce the following olvwm
behaviour:

I drag a window onto the pager and it disappears (the real window),
but the tiny pagerrepresentation appears.

Good way of immediately putting a window on another page/desktop, when
there's no place on the current page.

E> Hope this helps,
E> Eric
-- 
It's no sacrifice, it's the way of the world,
two hearts living in two different worlds.	-- Elton John
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].