Subject: FVWM: Openwindows and pl40 display bug

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:59:22 -0500

I recently upgraded from pl3x to pl40.  Everything appears to work
fine except for the following minor display bug.  I saw this bug
before in 1.2x or an early 2.0, but it was fixed.  Now it's back.

Open any Openwindows app.  Move the mouse pointer slowly from top to
bottom across the title bar of the app.  As the pointer crosses the
boundary between the top frame and the title bar, the whole frame
flickers very briefly from the active to inactive back to the active
color.  In fact moving the mouse across any part of the inner part
frame border causes this very brief flashing. 

Unless you're paying attention, you probably won't notice it because
it happens very quickly.

Ray
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alexander Sorg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:53:32 -0500 (EST)

> frame border causes this very brief flashing. 

well i (fvwm 2.0.40) encounter the same thing under sunos 5.4 
on a sparc 1000 (4 cpu's, 256mb). but this only happens if
i entered the window from the root window or from another 
openwindows application that was entered from the root window.

when i come from any other non openwin app 
or from an openwin app that was entered from a non openwin app 
the behavior is normal (no flashing).

as this might be a bit confusing, here's an overview:

root --> owin          : flashing
root --> owin --> owin : flashing
root --> xapp --> owin : no flashing
owin --> xapp --> owin : no flashing

       alex