Subject: Re: FVWM: Simple Key Bindings.

From: [email-masked] (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:53:46 GMT

There is no mention of StartIconic or anything that could be confused
with mailtool.
Mailtool just likes being an icon but under fvwm2 so do the panes which
should popup open showing you the message you last clicked on.

If I leave a message in my mailbox and leave the view message pane up,
tell Mailtool I'm 'Done' it'll iconise itself and behave properly next time,
but then I always think I have new mail.
A message appearing first in a new message pane just appears as an icon, which
is a little distracting when you are expecting it to appear. Especially when
it goes and hides behind the button bar or something!

I was just hoping there was some way of forcing it to open up properly.
Ah well. I'll just live with it or go use another mailer.
-- 
David Kennedy, Dept. of Pure & Applied Physics, Queen's University of Belfast
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked] | URL: http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dcjk/

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation 885-9815)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 96 13:10:55 EST

>should popup open showing you the message you last clicked on.

This came up before. It seems that some versions (newer ones?) of mailtool
don't have this problem. As I recall, we thought that it was a mailtool
bug, not an fvwm bug, but do an xprop and look at the Initial State property
to be sure.

Rob