Subject: FVWM: FvwmAudio events not working

From: Frank Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 11:48:15 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,
I have bothered to configure FvwmAudio to play some neat sounds but it 
wont work for all configured events. Behaviour is the same for both
fvwm 2.0.40
and the vanilla fvwm 1.23b that came with Slackware 3.0
Is this normal or am I missing something somewhere?
TIA
Frank
Working events are:                     currently NOT working seem to be:
					                               
*FvwmAudio startup hithere.au          	*FvwmAudio add_window drip.au    
*FvwmAudio shutdown youagod.au		*FvwmAudio iconify clink.au      
*FvwmAudio destroy_window clink.au	*FvwmAudio deiconify hypspc.au   
*FvwmAudio new_page key.au
*FvwmAudio new_desk key.au                      
*FvwmAudio configure_window weeek.au
*FvwmAudio window_name weeek.au
*FvwmAudio icon_name weeek.au
#annoying :) *FvwmAudio raise_window spring.au
#annoying :) *FvwmAudio lower_window sticky.au
#annoying :) *FvwmAudio focus_change metal.au

About these two I am not sure: I don't toggle 
paging and I don't know how to test the other.
*FvwmAudio toggle_paging key.au               
*FvwmAudio unknown chirp.au                   

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:49:43 -0500

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Weis <[email-masked]> writes:

Frank> Hi all,
Frank> I have bothered to configure FvwmAudio to play some neat sounds but it
Frank> wont work for all configured events. Behaviour is the same for both
Frank> fvwm 2.0.40
Frank> and the vanilla fvwm 1.23b that came with Slackware 3.0
Frank> Is this normal or am I missing something somewhere?

I've had some reports about FvwmAudio having problems, but until I
order a bigger hard drive for my Linux box so I can recompile the
kernel for sound support, I can't test any of these.  I plan to order
one real soon now (hopefully), so perhaps in a few weeks I can get to
testing this.

In the meantime, if anyone else out there can test FvwmAudio and
perhaps even submit some patches, that'd be real cool.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're
  [email-masked],              just havin' a nightmare--of course,
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    we are still in Hell." Gary Larson
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Boyns)
Date: 18 Jan 1996 09:28:43 -0800

I'm not having any problems with add_window, iconify, or deiconify.
Are you sure the sounds drip.au, clink.au, and hypspc.au are
accessible to the sound player you're using?  You might need to set
FvwmAudioDir or specify the complete pathname.

FvwmAudio has an internal table that maps the module event names like
"add_window" to the real module events defined in module.h.  I just
checked the mapping and it looks correct:

new_page		M_NEW_PAGE
new_desk		M_NEW_DESK
add_window		M_ADD_WINDOW
raise_window		M_RAISE_WINDOW
lower_window		M_LOWER_WINDOW
configure_window	M_CONFIGURE_WINDOW
focus_change		M_FOCUS_CHANGE
destroy_window		M_DESTROY_WINDOW
iconify			M_ICONIFY
deiconify		M_DEICONIFY
window_name		M_WINDOW_NAME
icon_name		M_ICON_NAME
res_class		M_RES_CLASS
res_name		M_RES_NAME
end_windowlist		M_END_WINDOWLIST
icon_location		M_ICON_LOCATION
map			M_MAP
error			M_ERROR
config_info		M_CONFIG_INFO
end_config_info		M_END_CONFIG_INFO
icon_file		M_ICON_FILE
default_icon		M_DEFAULTICON

(Note to Chuck, when new module events are added to module.h, please
add the corresponding event to the table in FvwmAudio.c)

-- 
Mark Boyns <[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.sdsu.edu/~boyns/>
PGP fingerprint = D3 28 A2 F7 D1 4C F8 EE  BF 7A 11 54 1C E5 6E CC
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Frank Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:49:36 +0100 (MET)

> Is this normal or am I missing something somewhere?
(de-)iconify now work, with the delay set to zero? Are these events being 
overrun when delay is >0? 
Anyway delay zero is no prb, as people probably limit themselves to a few 
events they would like to "hear", otherwise it's getting on one's nerves;)
Later
Frank
(the xboing game for linux comes with nice sound files)
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Boyns)
Date: 23 Jan 1996 08:57:53 -0800

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Weis <[email-masked]> writes:

    Frank> On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, I wrote:
    Frank> (de-)iconify now work, with the delay set to zero? Are
    Frank> these events being overrun when delay is >0?  Anyway delay
    Frank> zero is no prb, as people probably limit themselves to a
    Frank> few events they would like to "hear", otherwise it's
    Frank> getting on one's nerves;)

>From the man page:

     *FvwmAudioDelay 5
          Specifies that sound events will only be played if they
          occur  at  least  5  seconds  after the previous event.
          Sounds events that occur during the  delay  period  are
          ignored.   This  option  is  useful  if  you don't want
          several sounds playing at the same time.   The  default
          delay is 0 which disables the audio delay.