Subject: FVWM: xpm files

From: [email-masked] (Jesus Medina)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:09:51 -0500

Hi there!!!

 Is there any place where one can obtain more xpm files. I have a few but as
 I am updating my FVWM window manager, I would like to get new ones. 
 
 Anyone may want to share a couple? 
 
 THX..
 
 --JM
 
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gregory Margo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 19:19:56 -0800 (PST)

>  Anyone may want to share a couple? 

I also gathered a bunch of .xpm files from the AIcons repository.
(ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/AIcons)

I made an interesting enhancement to some of the icons.
Using the pixmap(1x) program
(ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/xapps/graphics/draw/pixmap-2.6.tar.gz),
I removed the background color, so now the "background" is transparent.
This gives icons a cool standout look against the X root screen.

Now my xterm icon is simply Homer's head, not a 32x32 picture.

These icons look great in an FvwmButton bar too, since the bar provides
a common background color to all the icons.

You're welcome to check out the few icons I've converted this way:
including 32x32 pixmaps of Homer, Mr. Burns, Milhouse, Bart,
Maggie, Calvin, Hobbes, Dilbert, Betty Boop.
ftp://ftp.best.com/pub/newton/icons/trans-icons.tar.gz

gm
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gregory H. Margo                 No free speech restrictions on the Internet!
[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Oreos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 01:53:27 -0500 (EST)

This is a portion of my .fvwm2rc
it calls xrsh which opens an xterm on a remote workstation with the 
display on my computer. for some reason it works from my prompt and it 
also works if i send it to FvwmTalk, but if i click on it in the menu, 
nothing happens.

just regard the "scws35" part as one continuous line.
am i doing something idiotic?

AddToMenu Xterms "" 
+ "scws35" Exec exec xrsh -l park6 -auth xauth -pass ENV scws35 xterm -ls -d 
park6.student.harvard.edu:0.0

thanks
james

---

From: Oreos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 03:23:13 -0500 (EST)

is there any support in fvwm2 for changing cursors to custom bitmaps?

thanks
james