Subject: Re: FVWM: move with fvwm-2.039

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 95 10:36:24 +0100

The problem I had on our alphas with fvwm-2.039 - moving windows is now 
resolved
thanks to Douglas Ghormley <[email-masked]> who put me on the 
right track.  My problem was not with the X11 libraries but with the header 
files - I had some old ones in /usr/local/include which was in my include path 
in front of /usr/include because that's where I had xpm.h.  Everything now 
works
fine! (thought I was going crazy there for a while...)

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions....

     Ian

Original problem was:

>> We have been working with fvwm 1.24r until now.  Today I got hold
>> of fvwm2.039.  It built without problems, but I have a bizarre
>> behaviour when trying to move a window - instead of following the
>> mouse the window will jump down the screen and will only move left
>> or right (even when moving the mouse up/down left/right).
>> Releasing the mouse button - the window will jump again...the usual
>> result is that the window goes offscreen somewhere. This happens
>> with move from the window-ops menu or just by clicking on the title
>> bar.  Second - maybe related - problem is the pager.  Here clicking
>> on the desired desktop does not work - focus jumps to another....
>>
>> I have tried with both the sample.fvwmrc that came with the
>> distribution and my own converted .fvwmrc - the results are the
>> same.
>>
>> The system is DEC alpha OSF1/3.2a , compiler was "cc -migrate" but
>> I have tried also with "cc" both with and without the optimiser -
>> same results.

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].