Subject: FVWM: disappearing icons...

From: Dave Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 14:51:53 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello, 

I've been using fvwm 2.0.x (2.0.27 for a long time, but switched to 2.0.39
last week - compiled without errors or even warnings btw with GCC 2.7.0!)
for quite some time on my Linux box (alternating between 1.2.13 and
1.3.31) and I'm quite happy with its performance!  Thanks very much Robert
and Chuck, and all the rest of you who've contributed to the effort.  It
does have great flexibility and utility, but I do have a couple questions
about its behavior... 

1.  I've found that when I iconify windows they very occasionally, 
seemingly without reason, either appear under or over other icons already 
present in the IconBox.  Has anyone else seen this behavior under Linux?

2.  Whenever I restart fvwm, whatever icons were already in the IconBox 
pop up in a different, seemingly random, order (still in rows and columns, 
just swapped around).  Suggestions?

3.  Sometimes when I double click on an icon to reopen its application, 
the application doesn't reappear where it was previously, but gets booted 
to some other pane of the desktop (same desktop, though).  When I grab it 
from the other pane and move it back to the original one on which it was 
first iconified and then iconify/uniconify it again, it again appears 
unexpectedly on another part of the desktop.  Only happens very 
occasionally, say 1 out of 30 or 40 applications I run.  Any ideas anyone?

Other than that, keep up the good work.
Cheers,

Dave

+=========================================================================+    
|    Dave Lane                                  [email-masked]       |
|    NZ Forest Research Inst.                                             | 
|    DNRE, Lincoln University                   Wk: +64 3 325 2811 x8793  |  
|    P.O. Box 84                                Hm:       343 3192        |  
|    Lincoln, NZ                                Fx:       325 3845        |  
+=========================================================================+  

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].