Subject: FVWM: Re: FVWM scripting language

From: [email-masked] (Pete Siemsen)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 13:21:02 -0700 (MST)

James LewisMoss ([email-masked]) wrote:

> One quick question about fvwm.  Have you ever considered embedding some
> more general purpose scripting language into fvwm?  It already does a lot
> of things that seem similar, and from 1.?? to 2.??? it seemed to get more
> substantial (the pseudo-scripting language).
> 
> I was just playing with gwm, and it was nice being able to define arbitrary
> commands, but gwm is broken in a number of ways, and the psuedo-lisp it uses
> is missing quite a few things.

How about TCL?.  FVWM modules could communicate with fvwm via TCL, and
if you throw in Tk's window stuff, it could get interesting.  I'm sure
others have thought of this.  Of course, this might blow the
small-is-beautiful thing...
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].