Subject: FVWM: Trouble building FvwmConfig

From: Charlie Milhans <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:39:14 -0500 (EST)

I get an error that the include file, iosteam.h, is missing.  Is this 
supposed to come with the GNU C/C++ compiler?  

Charlie Milhans
Unix System Administrator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Phone:    (207) 775-8384            | Address: National Semiconductor       |
| FAX:      (207) 761-6067            |          333 Western Avenue           |
| Beeper    (207) 750-9574            |          Mail Stop 01-20  	      |
| INTERnet: [email-masked]    |          So. Portland, ME  04106      |
| DECnet:   SPF::CMILHANS             |                                       |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike Blatchley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:47:44 -0700 (MST)

> supposed to come with the GNU C/C++ compiler?  

iosteam.h or iostream.h?  iostream.h, along with other C++ goodies, is 
found in a separate GNU package (libg++), available at your favorite GNU
ftp site.

Mike Blatchley

======================================================================
      * Mike Blatchley * Maxtor Corporation * (303) 678-2393   *
      * email: [email-masked] -or- [email-masked] *
======================================================================

---

From: "Eric F. Kahler ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 21:04:45 -0500

> found in a separate GNU package (libg++), available at your favorite GNU

Sounds like you might have installed GCC 2.7.0 from the Slackware 3.0 Linux 
distribution.  The g++ directory was improperly placed, all you have to do is 
make sure that there are two symlinks, "/usr/include/g++" and 
"/usr/include/g++-include", and that they both are linked to 
/usr/lib/g++-include".  After doing this I was able to compile FvwmConfig.

Luck++;

-- 
From:  Eric Kahler.
[email-masked] 
http://mars.superlink.net/user/ekahler/index.html