Subject: FVWM: Quit verification

From: Gunnar Florus Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 1995 17:24:08 +0100

Is it possible to make FVWM 2 pop up a dialog box like Motif and HP Vue when a 
user wants to quit instead of having to put quit-verification in a 
sub-pulldown-menu ?

 -Gunnar

______________________________________________________________________________
Gunnar Florus Johansen    | Mail  : [email-masked]
Agder College, Grimstad   | WWW   : http://www.grm.hia.no/~gfj
Norway                    | Phone : 37 25 31 29 (Office)
UNIX System Administrator |         90 19 92 17 (Private/Mobile)
______________________________________________________________________________

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Fredrik \Vhrstr\vm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 18:31:11 +0100 (MET)

> user wants to quit instead of having to put quit-verification in a 

Yes. Use FvwmForm according to the manual. Short man:
Type this in an directory in your module path:

ln -s /yourfvwmpath/bin/FvwmForm QuitVerify

Type this in your .fvwmrc (ver 2) file:

*QuitVerifyGrabServer
*QuitVerifyFont         -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*QuitVerifyButtonFont   -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*QuitVerifyFore         Black
*QuitVerifyBack         #adadad
*QuitVerifyItemFore     Black
*QuitVerifyItemBack     #adadad
*QuitVerifyCommand      Beep
*QuitVerifyLine         center
*QuitVerifyText         "Do you really want to logout?"
*QuitVerifyLine         expand
*QuitVerifyButton       quit            "Logout"        ^M
*QuitVerifyCommand      Exec $HOME/bin/quit &  # Favourite logout command!
*QuitVerifyButton       quit            "Cancel"        ^[
*QuitVerifyCommand      Nop

And add this to a Goodstuff button (or to a menu):

*FvwmButtons - quit.xpm        Module QuitVerify

My favourite logout command is a shell: 

kill -9 `ps -x | awk '/286323198/ && ! /awk/ {print $1}'`

For this to work the last line in the .xinitrc file should be:

sleep 286323198

All other commands in the .xinitrc should have an & after them.

Then you'll have it.

//Fredrik

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:03:25 -0500

>>>>> "Fredrik" == Fredrik Vhrstrvm <[email-masked]> writes:

Fredrik> On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Gunnar Florus Johansen wrote:

Fredrik> Yes. Use FvwmForm according to the manual. Short man:
Fredrik> Type this in an directory in your module path:

Fredrik> ln -s /yourfvwmpath/bin/FvwmForm QuitVerify

Actually, you can just invoke it with a parameter which is the name
you'd like to use (e.g. 'FvwmForm QuitVerify') instead of symbolically
linking it.

Chuck