Subject: FVWM: v1 behavior vs v2

From: James LewisMoss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 13:51:20 -0500

In v1 of fvwm when I had a window that was only obscuring the title bar
of another window, and I moved the mouse into the second window (which only 
had the title bar obscured)  it wouldn't raise the title bar.  Now in v2
it does.  I guess change to module interface.

Is there any way to get the old behavior back?  
(other than changing source :)  
Or was this an inadvertent (sp??) 'feature'?  :)

thanks
jim

-- 
James LewisMoss     | University of South Carolina | Blessed Be!
    [email-masked]  |                              | Linux is cool!

"Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." Bach

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 09:37:29 -0500

>>>>> "Jim" == James LewisMoss <[email-masked]> writes:

Jim> In v1 of fvwm when I had a window that was only obscuring the
Jim> title bar of another window, and I moved the mouse into the
Jim> second window (which only had the title bar obscured) it wouldn't
Jim> raise the title bar.  Now in v2 it does.  I guess change to
Jim> module interface.

That wouldn't be from a change in the module interface, but in the
Raise code in fvwm to operate correctly.

Jim> Is there any way to get the old behavior back?
Jim> (other than changing source :)

Nope.

Jim> Or was this an inadvertent (sp??) 'feature'?  :)

I believe that it was inadvertent.  If a window gets raised, all of
it's decorations should be raised as well.

Chuck