Subject: Re: FVWM: swallowing xbuffy

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 08:50:18 -0500

>>>>> "Aaron" == Aaron  <[email-masked]> writes:

Aaron> are there any parameters on what can and what cannot be
Aaron> swallowed?

Aaron> i cannot get xbuffy to come up in fvwmbuttons.  i have gotton
Aaron> xload, xbiff, xclock and xcmap on there fine...

Aaron> here is the line

Aaron> *FvwmButtons - none Swallow "xbuffy" Exec xbuffy -boxfile /home/dev/aaron/.elm/boxfile

Run xbuffy by itself and use FvwmIdent to find out what the Name (or
Class or Resource) of the window is, and put that (one of those) in
the quotes, if it's not actually "xbuffy".  I'll bet that's the
problem.

Chuck
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Borges)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 12:23:05 -0700

>> On Fri, 08 Dec 1995 08:50:18 -0500,
>> Charles Hines(CH) wrote:

Aaron> here is the line

CH> Run xbuffy by itself and use FvwmIdent to find out what the Name (or
CH> Class or Resource) of the window is, and put that (one of those) in
CH> the quotes, if it's not actually "xbuffy".  I'll bet that's the
CH> problem.

The Name and Resource are "xbuffy", while the class is "XBuffy". This
line works as expected:

   *FvwmButtons(2x2) - NULL Swallow "xbuffy" Exec xbuffy -priority 16

and swallows xbuffy for me using 2.0.39 under Solaris-2.3, so Aaron
must have another problem, perhaps platform specific.

  -mb-