Subject: FVWM: background change from menus (again)

From: Chad Coulliette <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 16:58:06 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

Well, I have designed a function that will allow a user to change
backgrounds from a menu, whether it be a texture with xpmroot, image
with xv, or solid color with xsetroot.  The function automatically
generates a background file and it will retain the chosen backgrounds
even if fvwm2 is exited.  However, I am missing one essential
ingredient.   IS THERE ANY WAY TO OBTAIN THE VALUE OF THE CURRENT
DESKTOP?  There is no way to continue this endeavor without this value. 
There must a variable that retains this value.  If not, is there an easy
patch to FvwmBacker module?

Can anyone help me out here?  CHUCK HINES?  ROBERT NATION?  TODD FRIES? ANYONE?

Thanks,

Chad
--------------------------------------------------------
Chad M. Coulliette
[email-masked]
Applied Mechanics and Engineering Sciences
University of California, San Diego
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 09:44:25 -0500

>>>>> "Chad" == Chad Coulliette <[email-masked]> writes:

Chad> Hello Everyone,
Chad> Well, I have designed a function that will allow a user to
Chad> change backgrounds from a menu, whether it be a texture with
Chad> xpmroot, image with xv, or solid color with xsetroot.  The
Chad> function automatically generates a background file and it will
Chad> retain the chosen backgrounds even if fvwm2 is exited.  However,
Chad> I am missing one essential ingredient.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO
Chad> OBTAIN THE VALUE OF THE CURRENT DESKTOP?  There is no way to
Chad> continue this endeavor without this value.  There must a
Chad> variable that retains this value.  If not, is there an easy
Chad> patch to FvwmBacker module?

Chad> Can anyone help me out here?  CHUCK HINES?  ROBERT NATION?  TODD
Chad> FRIES? ANYONE?

I don't believe that there is currently any way to get the current
desktop number.

But it could be added as an additional variable available to
functions.  Just some additional code added to 'expand' in complex.c.
I'll put it on the TO-DO list.

Chuck