Subject: FVWM: FVWM and SGI fddivis problem

From: [email-masked] (Pete Siemsen)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:19:36 -0700 (MST)

I'm running FVWM 2.0.39 with SGI IRIX 5.3.  Things are mostly fine.
When I run an FDDI monitoring program called "fddivis", the windows
get displayed without borders.  Fddivis is bundled with IRIX.  I have
a line like the following in my .fvwmrc file:

Style "fddivis*" HandleWidth 4

This line controls fddivis windows, as I verified by trying "NoTitle".
But no matter what other options I try on the above line, fddivis
windows never get borders.

Fddivis is not a normal X application.  It won't run on anything but
an SGI.  I think it uses features of the SGI X server.  I assume it's
"special" in the way it interacts with a window manager, too.  When
run with SGI's 4Dwm window manager (the "IRIS Extended Motif Window
manager"), fddivis gets borders.

Is there anything I can try to fix the problem?
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation 885-9815)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 14:44:10 EST

Maybe add DecorateTransients
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].