Subject: FVWM: problem with FvwmForm

From: [email-masked] (Pete Siemsen)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 16:08:16 -0700 (MST)

I'm an Fvwm newbie running version 2.0.39 on an SGI IRIX 5.3 system.
Most things work, but I can't get FvwmForm to do a QuitVerify box.
I've copied Example 1 from the FvwmForm man page into my .fvwmrc file,
and I invoke it in a menu that looks like this:

AddToMenu "Preferences" "Fvwm Control" Title
+ "Modules"               Popup Module-Popup
+ "Backgrounds"           Popup Backgrounds
+ "" Nop
+ "Window Functions"      Popup WindowFunctions
+ "" Nop
+ "Exit FVWM"             Module FvwmForm QuitVerify

When I do it, nothing happens.  How do I debug this?
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 09:53:25 +0000 (GMT)

> Date: Tue, 05 Dec 1995 16:08:16 -0700 (MST)
> From: [email-masked] (Pete Siemsen)
> 

Your menu is essentially the same as one I use without any problem, so
may be the problem is in your definition of QuitVerify. Here's what I
use, FWIW:

##########################QuitVerify###################################
*QuitVerifyGrabServer
*QuitVerifyWarpPointer
*QuitVerifyFont         -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*QuitVerifyButtonFont   -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*QuitVerifyFore         Black
*QuitVerifyBack         #a0a0a0
*QuitVerifyItemFore     Black
*QuitVerifyItemBack     #a0a0a0
*QuitVerifyCommand      Beep
*QuitVerifyLine         center
*QuitVerifyText         "Do you really want to logout?"
*QuitVerifyLine         expand
*QuitVerifyButton       quit            "Logout"        ^M
*QuitVerifyCommand      Quit
*QuitVerifyButton       quit            "Cancel"        ^[
*QuitVerifyCommand      Nop

-- 
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer <[email-masked]>
Primagraphics Limited, Graphics Court, Melbourn Science Park,
Melbourn, Royston, Herts SG8 6EJ, England. Tel. +44 1763 262041
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 08:14:16 -0500

Are you using FvwmM4?  If so, run FvwmM4 with the -debug switch.
FvwmForm does not (yet) use the protocol to get its configuration but
rather relies on a command line argument indicating a file to look at.
Unfortunately, FvwmM4 removes that file by default.
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation MS B020 202 Burlington Rd. Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Domain: [email-masked]  UUCP: {your neighborhood}!linus!mdf!dsg

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 18:02:41 -0500

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]> writes:

    Dave> Are you using FvwmM4?  If so, run FvwmM4 with the -debug
    Dave> switch.  FvwmForm does not (yet) use the protocol to get its
    Dave> configuration but rather relies on a command line argument
    Dave> indicating a file to look at.  Unfortunately, FvwmM4 removes
    Dave> that file by default.

Hmm, there used to be a -k switch to tell FvwmM4 to keep the output.
I don't have the sources at hand to look, but I know I added it in
fvwm 1.2x.

Ray