Subject: FVWM: Getting a popup on an Icon

From: [email-masked] (John Henders)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 15:09:37 -0800 (PST)

Oops, forgot the question in the last mail.

I'm trying to bring up a menu when I click button 3 on an icon,m but am
having no luck. I've tried the following, where WinOps2 is a popup that
works fine when called from a button on the title bar of my windows.

Mouse 3         I       A       Popup "WinOps2"

But when this is assigned to an icon it won't work.

I also tried calling a finction that defines various actions for click,
movement and double click, but that didn't work either. Is the icon a
special case or just broken?

-- 
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
                GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                     b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:40:50 -0500

>>>>> "John" == John Henders <[email-masked]> writes:

John> Oops, forgot the question in the last mail.

John> I'm trying to bring up a menu when I click button 3 on an icon,m
John> but am having no luck. I've tried the following, where WinOps2
John> is a popup that works fine when called from a button on the
John> title bar of my windows.

John> Mouse 3         I       A       Popup "WinOps2"

John> But when this is assigned to an icon it won't work.

I just tried this (2.0.39) and it worked fine for me.

John> I also tried calling a finction that defines various actions for
John> click, movement and double click, but that didn't work
John> either. Is the icon a special case or just broken?

This worked for me as well.  Anyone else out there seeing John's
problem?

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "I have a paper plate in my head
  [email-masked],              because they were all out of the
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    metal ones" - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].