Subject: FVWM: possible bug in MWMButtons

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 22:47:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I think there may be a little bug in the handling of the MWMButton
flag - the manpages says that setting it should cause the maximise
button to appear sunk in when the window is maximised.

However, my buttons are as follows:

| Close | WindowOps                        Maximise | Iconise |

In this case, my Iconise button says sunk in.  I suspect fvwm doesn't
try to find the maximise button, but just sinks in button 2
regardless.

Is this the right thing to happen - or have I misunderstood the
purpose of MWMButton ?

Im'm using fvwm2-pl38

Thanks,
Austin
--
To err is human; to really fuck things up requires the root password
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Rode <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 1995 22:54:30 CST

[email-masked] writes:

} However, my buttons are as follows:
} 
} | Close | WindowOps                        Maximise | Iconise |
} 
} In this case, my Iconise button says sunk in.  I suspect fvwm doesn't
} try to find the maximise button, but just sinks in button 2
} regardless.

i observed the same behavior when i had this option enabled in my
.fvwm2rc.  i'm using fvwm 2.0.38 on a dec alpha osf1 2.1, dec alpha osf1
3.2, and decstation ultrix 4.3a.

my buttons are:

window ops | lower                               iconify | maximize | close

--chris

--
chris rode - [email-masked] - http://www.public.iastate.edu/~crode/
oh that i should be ever so lonely, drivin' the pain right through to my
heart, oh that i should be ever so lonely, ridin' the pain like a fool
in the dark --erasure, "rescue me" - "but i don't understand!" *sluurp!*
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].