Subject: FVWM: DestroyFunc ??

From: [email-masked] (Todd Fries)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 07:21:06 -0600 (CST)

There is a 'Destroy' for destroying an app, a 'DestroyMenu' for removing
and re-creating menus, but is there a possibility there could also be a
'DestroyFunc' such that One could theoretically destroy all functions but
the current one, some silly stub function that has all the 'DestroyFunc' 's in
it, then for people like me who keep funcs in a separate file, say
'Read ~/.fvwm/fvwm-funcs' and the 'name' to this menuitem be: 'Re-read funcs'?

A suggstion, incase it's not already been made..

Thanks,
-- 
Todd [email-masked]
http://www.cs.umr.edu/~tfries
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 11:59:55 +0900

tfries> There is a 'Destroy' for destroying an app, a 'DestroyMenu'
tfries> for removing and re-creating menus, but is there a possibility
tfries> there could also be a 'DestroyFunc' such that One could
tfries> theoretically destroy all functions but the current one
(stuff deleted)

I think it's be a nice entry to add TO-DO list (But I don't know who
does :-). And, anybody have experience about shared library ? I do not
use OS has shlib, but if so, it's cool. It may leads to "creating
environment for fvwm's module development".

Speaking about modules, how many modules are there in the world which
is not included fvwm distributions ? I already have FvwmAdlLog,
FvwmIconMan-0.2, FvwmWish-0.8, fvwish-1.0, and tkfvwm0.5. Any other
modules ?

- -
Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation 885-9815)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 95 08:59:54 EST

>'Read ~/.fvwm/fvwm-funcs' and the 'name' to this menuitem be: 'Re-read funcs'?

DestroyMenu will also Destroy a function, so you could have a
maximize function:

AddToFunc Maximize-Func		"M" Maximize	 0 100
+				"C" Maximize	 0 80
+				"D" Maximize	 

and a menu item which reconfigures your maximize button 
AddToMenu	Window-Ops	"Reconfigure Maximize Button" read newmax

and newmax is a file which containts
DestroyMenu MaximizeFunc
AddToMenu Maximize-Func	"I"	Maximize 100 100

Note that it is also legitimate to destroy and reload menus this way; just 
don't destroy the menu/function that you're currently working with.

Rob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:35:11 +0100 (MET)

Hi, y'all!

> the current one, some silly stub function that has all the 'DestroyFunc' 's in

I second this.  I also keep my function and menu defs in a separate
file in the .fvwm directory.  Maybe we should adopt this as a new
standard for the configuration of fvwm.  This would make it even
easier to read.

Bye,
 Andy.
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.