Subject: FVWM: [Q] can I get buttonpress to take action, rather than buttonpress+motion?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 09:40:06 PST

Can anyone tell me how to configure FVWM to allow things like popup
menus 
to come up with just a mouse button press, rather than what I have now 
(the default??) of having to press the button and move the mouse 
slightly.

e.g. I press button 1 on the background (without releasing it) and get 
nothing, I the move the mouse slightly, and get the Utilities popup. 
I'd 
like to not have to move.

Possible?  Any good reasons not to do it?

-- 
regards - davidh ([email-masked])
----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Hislop          Business Manager
BHA Computer          Ph : (02) 286 0649  (Int'l: +61 2 286 0649)
30/1 Market Street    FAX: (02) 286 0674  (Int'l: +61 2 286 0674)
SYDNEY  NSW  2000
AUSTRALIA

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: James Tsiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 07:51:34 -0800 (PST)

> Possible?  Any good reasons not to do it?

Are you using XFree86?  This sounds like the behavior caused by
"Emulate3buttons" in the config file, which is for emulating the
middle button with a two button mouse.  Upon pressing a button,
the X server would wait for another event to see if the other button
is pushed for middle button emulation.  Of course this would cause
that "delay" until another event happens, like motion.

BTW, fvwm menus pop up just fine for me under Solaris and Linux with
XFree86 (with no emulate3button set).

James.

-- 
[email-masked]            |   I am Dyslexsic of Borg.  Prepare
http://web.one.net/~thoth            |   to have your ass laminated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Auntie Em:    Hate Kansas - Hate you - Took dog.        -- Dorothy
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].