Subject: FVWM: A couple of bugs

From: Greg Veres <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 20:41:38 -0500

I have noticed a couple bugs in FVWM 2.0 pl 37. I thought you might like to
hear about them.

The first occured on our DecStation 5000 machines. FVWM core dumps when it
can not find a font specified in the .rc file. So if you specify it
incorrectly or something.

The second has to do with the FwvmIconBox module. I was trying to get rid
of the icons and only have the titles of the icons show up in the icon
box. I prefer this because I don't want the icons to take up huge amounts
of room. Anyway, when I set the resource:

*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 64x0

I get error messages of the following:

Error in FvwmIconBox:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 
Major opcode of failed request:  66 
Resource id of failed request:  0x300001c 

I get one of these for each icon that gets drawn.

To avoid this I have to specify a size of 64x1 which looks really stupid
because it adds the shaded edges. :( Oh well, it is purely cosmetic and I
can live with it. :)

Thought someone would like to know.

-Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Veres ([email-masked])         | You got your whole life to
Computer Graphics Lab, University Of Waterloo| do something and thats not
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~gveres          | very long.  - Ani Difranco
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].