Subject: FVWM: Re: blanking screen for a long time

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:41:35 +0100 (MET)

> > One more question I am wondering about:  When you start up fvwm,
> > does your screen go blank (except for the mouse pointer) for a few
> > seconds before everything comes back up with window decorations etc.???
> 
> Not noticeably when I start, but it does when I restart. It's not for
> long though, only about a second.

When I restart it's even longer.  Sometimes up to 10 seconds.
Very strange.

I am sending a copy of this to the Mailing List.  Maybe someone
else has experienced this, too.  Or maybe someone even knows a
work around.

BTW, my .fvwm2rc is pretty long: 868 lines, 31577 characters.

Bye,
 Andy.
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Todd Fries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:24:51 -0600 (CST)

> >>>>> "Todd" == Todd Fries <[email-masked]> writes:
> Todd> It used to be that when one restarted fvwm, the apps would, one
> Todd> by one, get their boarders 'removed' and then a pause and then
> Todd> one by one they'd get boarders once more.  Now, the whole screen
> Todd> goes black, and everything must re-fresh itself as it gesta
> Todd> boarder...
> Todd> WHY?
> 
> Rob added some calls to black out the screen during window captures so
> you wouldn't have to see all that happening.  I'm going to make it an
> optional feature, I think, since I like to know that fvwm is actually
> doing something during this blackout...
> 
> Chuck

Kewel!  I was wondering why...now I know...and am glad you see fit to offer
it as a choice!

-- 
<a href=mailto:[email-masked]>Todd T. Fries</a>
<a href=http://www.cs.umr.edu/~tfries/>My Homepage!</a>
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].