Subject: FVWM: Problem compiling under Solaris 2.4

From: Patrik Bylund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 15:18:46 -0100 (GMT)

Is it at all possible to compile FVWM 1.24r with GCC under Solaris 2.4?
I just get messages that include-files and libraries are missing. Can I 
get the Xpm-libraries somewhere that makes it possible to compile or does 
anyone else have a tip?

Best regards
Patrik Bylund ([email-masked])
System Administrator, ubg.uppbro.se
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:01:14 -0500

>>>>> "Patrik" == Patrik Bylund <[email-masked]> writes:

Patrik> Is it at all possible to compile FVWM 1.24r with GCC under
Patrik> Solaris 2.4?  I just get messages that include-files and
Patrik> libraries are missing. Can I get the Xpm-libraries somewhere
Patrik> that makes it possible to compile or does anyone else have a
Patrik> tip?

You can get the Xpm package from ftp.x.org in /contrib/libraries I
believe.  Then you shouldn't have any problems linking FVWM.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "I have a paper plate in my head
  [email-masked],              because they were all out of the
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    metal ones" - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: tim werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:53:33 -0500

>Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:01:14 -0500
>From: [email-masked] (Charles Hines)
>Patrik> libraries are missing.

I have found that I can generally get away with not porting applications
to Solaris by using Sun's SunOS4-compatibility lib.  I modify the
Makefile and put "-L/usr/ucblib -lucb" in my cc line.

Not sure where this is documented.

tw