Subject: FVWM: mouse 'stuck' when moving between pages? : RE

From: [email-masked] (Jon Mountjoy)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 16:22:28 +0100 (MET)

| We've just recently upgraded from pl 34 to pl 38 running under Solaris 2.4.
| 
| I'm suddenly seeing strange mouse behavior - it seems to get stuck at the window edges as I slide from 1 page into another. Sometimes it even gets stuck when entering an empty page. I have a desktop which consists of 4 pages in a horizontal row.
| 
| Sometimes it frees up after a delay but I can't identify a consistent behavior.
| 
| I've never seen this problem until switching to pl 38.  I'm not aware of any significant changes to EdgeResistance or EdgeScroll since pl 34.
| 
| Apologies if this has been discussed already - I've tried to keep up with the list.  Thanks for any suggestions.
| 
| Dave Desrochers

Well there is a bug in the mouse behaviour which appears as soon
as one starts the window manager (or restarts it for that matter).

Then, one cannot move the mouse out of the current screen, no matter
what your edgeresistance is.  If you somehow move to another page
by some other means (some key triggered function, or the window map), and
then try, then all is well.

Perhaps this is causing your problem?

Jon
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:34:33 -0500

>>>>> "Jon" == Jon Mountjoy <[email-masked]> writes:

Dave> We've just recently upgraded from pl 34 to pl 38 running under
Dave> Solaris 2.4.

Dave> I'm suddenly seeing strange mouse behavior - it seems to get
Dave> stuck at the window edges as I slide from 1 page into
Dave> another. Sometimes it even gets stuck when entering an empty
Dave> page. I have a desktop which consists of 4 pages in a horizontal
Dave> row.

Dave> Sometimes it frees up after a delay but I can't identify a
Dave> consistent behavior.

Dave> I've never seen this problem until switching to pl 38.  I'm not
Dave> aware of any significant changes to EdgeResistance or EdgeScroll
Dave> since pl 34.

Dave> Apologies if this has been discussed already - I've tried to
Dave> keep up with the list.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Jon> Well there is a bug in the mouse behaviour which appears as soon
Jon> as one starts the window manager (or restarts it for that
Jon> matter).

Jon> Then, one cannot move the mouse out of the current screen, no
Jon> matter what your edgeresistance is.  If you somehow move to
Jon> another page by some other means (some key triggered function, or
Jon> the window map), and then try, then all is well.

Jon> Perhaps this is causing your problem?

Hm...  I don't see either of these problems.  Does anyone else out
there see either of these problems?

Chuck