Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm

From: [email-masked] (Chad Coulliette)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 19:30:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Is anyone having trouble with FvwmForm?  It does not seem to work for
me.  I tried the QuitVerify example given in the FvwmForm man page
and nothing happens.  I tried executing it with 'Module FvwmForm QuitVerify'
and then also with 'ln -s FvwmForm QuitVerify' and 'Module QuitVerify'.  
Neither method worked, though.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks,

Chad
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:13:12 -0500

>>>>> Chad Coulliette asks why FvmwForm doesn't work for him...

Do you also use FvwmM4?  If so, run FvwmM4 with the -debug option.
The problem is that FvwmForm hasn't been updated to do use some of the
newer features for module communications in pre2.0.  It still relies
on looking for its configuration in the file specified on its command
line.  If you use FvwmM4, that file will be a temp file, but unless
FvwmM4 is run with the -debug switch, it removes the file so FvwmForm
can't get its config.
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation MS B020 202 Burlington Rd. Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Domain: [email-masked]  UUCP: {your neighborhood}!linus!mdf!dsg