Subject: FVWM: backgrounds

From: [email-masked] (Chad Coulliette)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:41:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has or knows where to get more of the
background pixmaps that can be used with xpm.  One of these is
mentioned in the man page for FvwmBacker, 

*FvwmBackerDesk 3 xpmroot /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/background2.xpm

I found one called background8.xpm, but I cannot find any others.

Also, is it possible to include a command such as the one above
in a menu so that the user can select a background pattern for the 
current desk, thus sending a command directly to the FvwmBacker
module, such as

*FvwmBackerDesk CurrentDesk xpmroot /usr/include/X11/pixmaps/background2.xpm

Has anyone implemented a background menu with perhaps submenus for
backgrounds of solid color, gif images, and background patterns?  
If so, could it be mailed to the list?

Thanks,

Chad 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
University of California, San Diego
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Todd Fries)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 19:08:16 -0600 (CST)

>ls -l
total 296
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser     1324 Jul 20  1993 background1.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17313 Jul 20  1993 background2.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17268 Jul 20  1993 background3.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser     8879 Jul 20  1993 background4.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17328 Jul 20  1993 background5.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    34036 Jul 20  1993 background6.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17328 Jul 20  1993 background7.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17328 Jul 20  1993 background8.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser    17328 Jul 20  1993 background9.xpm
-rw-------   1 tfries   afsuser      153 Aug 16 12:57 index.html

This subdir is http://www.umr.edu/~tfries/images

Enjoy!

-- 
Todd [email-masked]
http://www.cs.umr.edu/~tfries
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].