Subject: FVWM: 3d pixmaps

From: "Mr. Graeme McCaffery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:32:09 +0000

Do the pixmaps in the recent release pixmaps on this list have to have grey
backgrounds? In displaying these pixmaps, surely I am wasting at least 2
colours on the background alone. Would it be possible to have the 3d pixmaps
(in fact all pixmaps)in transparent form and then use an xpm option to do the
work of adding a background template xpm. If not would this be a useful add-on
to the xpm library?
Secondly would there be any benefits to fvwm being written in C++ and if so
would anyone do it. I would be happy to do such a thing, but I am totally
inexperienced in visual programming and would need such help that I could not
do it on my own. I would be very willing however to try to write a few classes
for a fvwm++. 

Graeme McCaffery
-- 
G. McCaffery
The University of Birmingham
http://sun1.bham.ac.uk/g.mccaffery/
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].