Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmBacker

From: Shishir Mehrotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 18:48:29 -0500

>I've been unable to use FvwmBacker with any sort of success.  I would
  >really like to set it up for my four different desktops.  Could someone
  >who has a working .fvwm2rc file that uses FvwmBacker please mail me a
  >copy of it.

i have used fvwm backer extensively and have come up with the following 
configuration which worked well for me:

	*FvwmBackerDesk 0 xsetroot -solid "#266294"
	*FvwmBackerDesk 1 -solid #AA0000
	*FvwmBackerDesk 2 -solid #FFCC00
	*FvwmBackerDesk 3 -solid #888800

colors can be changed and what not but i do find colors much nicer than
icons...

One other quick comment/question. I got quite sick of using the backer
because the colors of the desktop didn't show up in the pager. so i set up
a bunch of symbolic links (FvwmButtons to PagerButtons and FvwmPager to
IncPager*). then i set the background colors of each one to be the same as
the FvwmBacker colors.... now i could simply swallow all the IncPagers
into a FvwmButtons (PagerButtons under the symlink) and it looks just like
FvwmPager, but has colors. Here is the relevant code:

*IncPager0Back #266294
*IncPager1Back #AA0000
*IncPager2Back #FFCC00
*IncPager3Back #888800

*PagerButtons -     whatever    SwallowModule "IncPager0" IncPager0 0 0
*PagerButtons -     whatever    SwallowModule "IncPager1" IncPager1 1 1
*PagerButtons -     whatever    SwallowModule "IncPager2" IncPager2 2 2
*PagerButtons -     whatever    SwallowModule "IncPager3" IncPager3 3 3

Question is, is there an easier way to do this, or perhaps a more direct
way (yes, i admit this is a bit of a hack) ???

Thanks,
Shishir
--
           . -- .                  Shishir's Plan is brought to you today by
          (      )                 the letters R, S, I and by the number 1.
         ( (/oo\) )
          ( \''/ )                               WW
           ( \/ )      wwwwww                   /__\
          (      )   w"ww  ww"w                | oo |   _WWWWW_
         (        ) W   o""o   W    (o)(o)    (|_()_|) /  o o  \   (+)(+)
   oo   (          )W  ______  W  w"      "w    \__/ (|  __O__  |)/      \
 w"()"w  (        ) "w \_\/_/ w" W  -====-  W  /|\/|\  \ \___/ /  \ -==- /
W -==- W   ' -- '  ww""wwwwww""ww "w      w"  |||||||| /-------\   \    /
 "wwww"     =  =    |||||||||||| w""""""""""w |||||||||=========| <\/\/\/>
w"    "w    =  =    ||||||||||||W            W|||||||||=========| /      \
  Elmo    Big Bird     Oscar    Cookie Monster  Bert     Ernie     Kermit

        Shishir Mehrotra                [email-masked]
        145 Stonelake Ct.               [email-masked]
        Yorktown, VA 23693              [email-masked]
        (804) 865-7080

                    http://www.nhgs.tec.va.us/shishir

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].