Subject: FVWM: How to use WindowsDesk ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 10:52:23 +0100 (MET)

Hi, y'all!

In fvwm2's (pl38) man page I read:

     WindowsDesk new_desk
          Moves the selected window the the desktop specified
          as new_desk.

Can someone please show me how to use this function?

I tried to bind it to Shift-Meta-MouseButton1 like this:
 Mouse 1		WTSFI  	SM	WindowsDesk 1
and like this:
 Mouse 1		WTSFI  	SM	WindowsDesk Desk_1
but neither seem to work.

Thanks in advance,
 Andy.

PS: Chuck, could you please tell me if this reached you?  Somehow I get
    the feeling that it might not reach you since you never replied to
    any of my bug-reports/questions.  Thanks.
PPS: Ceterum censeo:  I absolutely love FVWM.  Great work, FVWM team!
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:28:48 -0500

>>>>> "Andy" == spiegl  <[email-masked]> writes:

Andy> Hi, y'all!

Guten Tag, Herr Spiegl!  Wie geht's?

(I used to be quite fluent in German, but I'm a bit rusty now so I'll
stop there)

Andy> In fvwm2's (pl38) man page I read:

Andy>      WindowsDesk new_desk
Andy>           Moves the selected window the the desktop specified
Andy>           as new_desk.

Andy> Can someone please show me how to use this function?

Hm.  Since I've never used this function (I only use 1 desktop), I
just tried it out.  I entered WindowsDesk 1 into FvwmTalk, and the
cursor changed to prompt me to select a window, which I did, and it
moved to desk 1.

Andy> I tried to bind it to Shift-Meta-MouseButton1 like this:
Andy>  Mouse 1          WTSFI   SM      WindowsDesk 1
Andy> and like this:
Andy>  Mouse 1          WTSFI   SM      WindowsDesk Desk_1
Andy> but neither seem to work.

I tried binding it like so:

Mouse 3 A       C       WindowsDesk 1

And that worked fine for me.  I don't see any problems with your
lines, but perhaps your Mouse definition above conflicts with another
one you have set up?  Also, the 2nd wouldn't work (Desks are numbers).

Andy> PS: Chuck, could you please tell me if this reached you?
Andy>     Somehow I get the feeling that it might not reach you since
Andy>     you never replied to any of my bug-reports/questions.
Andy>     Thanks.

Really?  I'm certain that I've seen notes from you in the past, and if
I've forgotten or neglected to respond (to you or to anyone else), I
appologize.  I try to respond to as many notes as I can (especially
bug reports), but having a "real job" makes it difficult sometimes.  I
usually save the notes that come in for a while though - I'll look
back over them and see if I have any of yours that I haven't
addressed.

BTW - I'm going to be silent for the next few days (starting tonight),
as I'm being moved to another building on a another nearby IBM site.
So I'll have to wade through whatever mail I get this weekend sometime
next week, and then there's Thanksgiving here next week in the US, so
I'll be gone around then too, so I may be pretty quiet for the next
week or so.

Also, I'm going to try and get pl39 out today.  No promises, but
hopefully...

Andy> PPS: Ceterum censeo:  I absolutely love FVWM.  Great work, FVWM team!

Glad to hear it (Rob did a great job, didn't he?).

Later,
Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email:                        "I have a paper plate in my head
  [email-masked],                   because they were all out of the
  HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1    metal ones" - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].