Subject: FVWM: Special (?) Characters in Menus

From: [email-masked] (Gail Mara Gurman)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:49:12 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed that if I include '&' in a menu-label, it causes the next
character to be underlined. I couldn't find anything about this in the man
page. It seems line a nice feature for people who want to simulate a Windows
type of menu.

But that's not what I want to do. I want to have the character '&' in my
menu-label. I've tried using '\' before it, but that doesn't work.

How can I use a literal '&' in a menu-label?

Gail
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 14:14:09 -0500

>>>>> "Gail" == Gail Mara Gurman <[email-masked]> writes:

Gail> I've noticed that if I include '&' in a menu-label, it causes
Gail> the next character to be underlined. I couldn't find anything
Gail> about this in the man page. It seems line a nice feature for
Gail> people who want to simulate a Windows type of menu.

Gail> But that's not what I want to do. I want to have the character
Gail> '&' in my menu-label. I've tried using '\' before it, but that
Gail> doesn't work.

Gail> How can I use a literal '&' in a menu-label?

Use '&&'.  I'll see about getting that into the man page...

Chuck