Subject: FVWM: tips for fvwm 2.0.38

From: [email-masked] (Emiel Witteman)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 15:49:21 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I switched from fvwm 1.24r to fvwm 2.0.38 and although fvwm 2 adds new
Style options, I still miss one: I would like to have a NeverFocus, a
ClickToFocus is nice but not sufficient. For example I would to like 
to click on the FvwmButtons windows without it recieving focus.

And one other thing: What happend to TogglePage? The FAQ said it is
obsoleted, but I used it alot with fvwm 1 and am using fvwm 1 again
cause I can't live without it....

Emiel Witteman
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 10:19:03 -0500

>>>>> "Emiel" == Emiel Witteman <[email-masked]> writes:

Emiel> Hello,
Emiel> I switched from fvwm 1.24r to fvwm 2.0.38 and although fvwm 2
Emiel> adds new Style options, I still miss one: I would like to have
Emiel> a NeverFocus, a ClickToFocus is nice but not sufficient. For
Emiel> example I would to like to click on the FvwmButtons windows
Emiel> without it recieving focus.

An interesting idea.  Normally the programs themselves should take
care of this, but this sounds interesting.  I'll add it to the TO-DO
list as an idea, but if it does happen it won't be until after the
great Style flag update...

Emiel> And one other thing: What happend to TogglePage? The FAQ said
Emiel> it is obsoleted, but I used it alot with fvwm 1 and am using
Emiel> fvwm 1 again cause I can't live without it....

Enough people have complained about that, so it may reappear...

Chuck