Subject: FVWM: icon placement, pager questions

From: [email-masked] (ric)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 16:51:42 -0800

Any help with the following two questions would be much appreciated.

I.

I have just buit/installed fvwm2.p39.  I am trying to get the icon placement
behavior I had in fvwm, where the icons would get placed somewhere in the 
upper left corner, but *not* under an existing window.  I think
I set something like StubbornIconPlacement to get that effect.
What can I do now?

II.  My pager in fvwm v1.24 was about half the size it is now (for the same
     of 3 virtual 2x2 desktops.  What controls the geometry of its size?

III.  Oops... a third question.  The man page doesn't say much about
      the modules, and I don't see any other docs on them, other than
      a modules.tex (which doesn't build right with the TeX I have).
      Can someone send me a .ps of this file, or point me to a better
      module document?

Thanks so much, in advance, to all who reply.  I only subscribe to the
fvwm announce mail list, so please email response to the address below.

regards,

Ric Steinberger
Senior Software Engineer
[email-masked]

"We figured it 17 different ways, and every way we figured it, somebody
 didn't like the way we figured it!"   Buddy Hackett 
                                       It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 14:30:59 +0100 (MET)

Hi Ric,

> I set something like StubbornIconPlacement to get that effect.

I can't help you with this.  But I know that someone else didn't
like this behavior and wrote an extension.  Chuck is currently
reviewing it and might decide to put it into a later release of fvwm.

>      of 3 virtual 2x2 desktops.  What controls the geometry of its size?
The builtin pager of v1.24 is gone.  You have to use FvwmPager instead.
If you only want to see the contents of the current desktop, iconify
the FvwmPager.v1.24 or put this in your .fvwm2rc:
*FvwmPagerStartIconic

Then you can control the size of the icon by doing this:
*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 35

Unfortunately it doesn't work to specify the position of the icon
like this:
*FvwmPagerGeometry -1+1
If you happen to find a way to do that be sure to let me know, please.

>       Can someone send me a .ps of this file, or point me to a better
There is a man page for every module.  You can find it in the specific
directory.  If you did a "make install.man" a 'man FvwmPager' should
do it.

> fvwm announce mail list, so please email response to the address below.
I'll send a copy to the list anyway, if you don't mind.

Ciao,
 Andy.
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.