Subject: FVWM: Passing the click

From: Danek Duvall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 23:03:02 -0500

Sorry for bringing up an old (and thoroughly discussed) topic, but I
someone's brought to my attention what I believe is a new twist.

A classmate of mine wanted to have focus-follows-mouse, but be able to
click on a window to raise it.  So I suggested that he could use

  Mouse 1 WTSF A Raise

He tried it, and remarked (negatively) that the click wasn't passed
through to the application.  I replied that it was fvwm's standard
behavior.

I checked in the TO-DO file to make sure that it was there, but it
says

  - Add ClickToFocusDontPassClick style

I think that a more general style would be more useful; something
like: PassClick/NoPassClick.  PassClick would always pass a (possibly
modified) click to the application, whether fvwm was in click-to-focus
mode or not, and NoPassClick would ... well, wouldn't.

(Aside: something much more complicated could involve passing some
clicks but not others, but that seems like it would involve Style
options becoming functions.)

Of course, this is all awaiting the rewriting of the Style code.  :)

Any comments?

Danek

-- 
Danek Duvall <[email-masked]>    For my PGP key, send mail with
Computer Science, Princeton University        subject "get pgp key" or look
http://lorien.princeton.edu/~duvall/          it up on the keyservers.
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].