Subject: FVWM: TogglePage

From: Dave Sill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:57:54 -0500 (EST)

OK, sorry about the SloppyFocus FAQ--didn't see the FAQ file in the
distribution.

I see that TogglePage is mentioned in TO-DO, and I'd just like to say
that this feature is very important to me, and I hope it comes back
soon. I'll have to crank up EdgeResistance to emulate a TogglePage
off.

-Dave

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Borges)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:48:29 -0700

>> On Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:57:54 -0500 (EST),
>> Dave Sill(D) wrote:
D> I see that TogglePage is mentioned in TO-DO, and I'd just like to say
D> that this feature is very important to me, and I hope it comes back
D> soon. I'll have to crank up EdgeResistance to emulate a TogglePage
D> off.

Or use something like this:

AddToMenu Utilities	"Utilities"	Title 	
+			"Paging ..."	Popup Paging-Style

AddToMenu Paging-Style 	"Paging Options" Title	
+			"OFF"	EdgeScroll 0 0
+			"ON"	EdgeScroll 100 100
+			"Horizontal Only"	EdgeScroll 100 0
+			"Vertical Only"		EdgeScroll 0 100
+			"Partial"		EdgeScroll 50 50

Granted it's not button-able, (there is more mouse motion involved)
but then again it does more than a toggle.

Perhaps this alternative can be mentioned in the FAQ (I've answered a
few times in the past, so if F = 3 or more it would qualify :-).

Also, someone (Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA?) submitted a patch
not too long ago to re-anable it into fvwm2. Maybe you can find it in
the list archives.

  -mb-

---

From: Dave Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 12:59:23 -0500

No need to crank up EdgeResistance, just use:

+ "Edge Scrolling On" EdgeScroll 100 100
+ "Edge Scrolling Off" EdgeScroll 0 0

in a menu to turn it on and off.  If this isn't in the FAQ, it should
be.
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation MS B020 202 Burlington Rd. Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 617-271-3887
Domain: [email-masked]  UUCP: {your neighborhood}!linus!mdf!dsg