Subject: FVWM: placement woes

From: Stephen Wray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:45:30 +1300

Well, I've *nearly* got my .fvwm2rc doing all that my .fvwmrc did and
more. 

The only thing it doesn't do is to do with placement.

In the old fvwm, I used a combination of SloppyPlacement,
SmartPlacement and RandomPlacement, which meant that windows would
tend not to materialise over other windows or icons.

The FAQ says that SloppyPlacement has been "obsoleted".
I'd like to know by what it has been made obsolete, because the
SmartPlacement/RandomPlacement combo allows windows to materialise over
icons. 

I've been thru the mailing list archives and can see that this has
been a topic of some discussion. I'd like to know if this *important*
feature has been put back into fvwm?

One other thing -- the FAQ has the *address* of this mailing list, but
I didn't notice how to actually subscribe...?

Oops -- nearly forgot. Another thing is how to launch a module from
FvwmButtons. I have the following;

*FvwmButtons - question.xpm Module "Identify" FvwmIdent

Now, FvwmIdent works from menus, so I am running the right module, but
the above FvwmButtons line *doesn't work*.

Am I missing something obvious? (BTW -- this did work in the old fvwm.)

---
**********************T***H***E***L***E***M***A**********************
 44. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of
    result, is every way perfect. -- LIBER AL vel LEGIS
******************************IN*LVX*********************************
Stephen Wray <[email-masked]>
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].