Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager problems (2.0.38)

From: "Stephen P. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 14:37:05 -0600

( currently running fvwm 2.0 pl 38 on Solaris )

Has anyone noticed problems with the FvwmPager?  What happens is 
that it dies if you move a window over another window.  It is 
*very* intermittent.  A friend told me it was happening to him 
and it took me a while to reproduce it.  

I brought up a big FvwmPager ( I keep a small one with a single 
desktop swallowed into GoodStuff/FvwmButtons ) and made 6 rxvt 
windows.  I moved one of them around a few times onto different 
pages, always putting it on top of another window.  About the 
8 or 9'th time, FvwmPager died and I got the following:

 X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  5512
  Current serial number in output stream:  5535 

I started another FvwmPager.  This time it took about 30 moves 
to get the same thing again:

 X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  8187
  Current serial number in output stream:  8201  

One other problem is that when you resize the pager window 
sufficiently large, problems appear in the drawing.  The 
lines at the tops of some desktops disappear ( in spots ). 
Sometimes a phantom block the color of the background 
and slightly larger than a desktop appears in the middle.  

-----
Stephen P. Hill
[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Mountjoy)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 12:06:55 +0100 (MET)

| Stephen P. Hill
| Has anyone noticed problems with the FvwmPager?  What happens is 
| that it dies if you move a window over another window.  It is 
| *very* intermittent.  A friend told me it was happening to him 
| and it took me a while to reproduce it.  

Yes I have had the same problems.  It is very difficult to reproduce
consistently though.  I seem to get it moving icons inbetween desktops.

Jon

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 09:07:53 -0500

>>>>> "Jon" == Jon Mountjoy <[email-masked]> writes:

Jon> | Stephen P. Hill
Jon> | Has anyone noticed problems with the FvwmPager?  What happens is
Jon> | that it dies if you move a window over another window.  It is
Jon> | *very* intermittent.  A friend told me it was happening to him
Jon> | and it took me a while to reproduce it.

Jon> Yes I have had the same problems.  It is very difficult to reproduce
Jon> consistently though.  I seem to get it moving icons inbetween desktops.

Hm.  I can't reproduce these problems.  I'll keep trying though.  And
if you come up with a consistent way to reproduce them, let me know.

Chuck