Subject: Re[2]: FVWM: Re: blanking screen for a long time

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 19:25:34 gmt

Dave Nelson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>"Lars" == Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]> writes: 
>>
>>  Lars> How about instead of completely blacking out the screen, fvwm 
>>  Lars> puts up a small info window:
>>
>>How do you all like the ctwm way of doing this?  It uses a graphic.

>I hate it.  I don't like fvwm's current black screen either.
>I really wish there was a way to turn that off.

What about making a copy of the root window and mapping that over 
everything. That way, it would appear as if all windows were just 
unmapped until things were ready.
I might be better to do this sort of thing in a module(?).

Ed O'Loughlin.
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Ding)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 13:01:38 PST

>>>>> [email-masked] writes:

> I might be better to do this sort of thing in a module(?).

uh... no.  I think that's probably a poor idea.  Just imagine: "La dee da,
let's restart the window man... AAH!!!!!  AAAAAAAH!!  It killed all my ---
oh... grr.. that's right, it's just fvwm..."

Eric
--
Schlumberger Technologies, ATE Division    |                  [email-masked]
1601 Technology Drive                     -*- [email-masked]
San Jose, CA 95110-1397                    |          PHONE: (408) 437-5068
http://web.mit.edu/ericding/www/home.html  |            FAX: (408) 437-5246
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].