Subject: FVWM: 3d_pixmaps1.0 released

From: Joerg Mertin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 12:03:38 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Hi Folks,

- OK Folks. I guess here I am again, this time (I hope) with the final
  Version of 3d Icons. The big Jump came, because I found a great way
  in Creating a huge number of new icons.

Enhancements 0f 1.0:

  - A complete bunch of new Icons. In fact, I converted some old 2d
pixmaps
    and integrated them on the Template-pixmap. So, you got about 3,5
Megs
    of Icons. Of course, all with their respective mini-icon ;)
  - For 8 bit Display Users:
    I made 2 Packages availiable. Package 1 -> 3dpixmaps_100colors has
    all icons reduced to use only 100 Colors in all. They also look
    good, even if some Icons losst a little bit of their shapeness :(
  - For >= 16 bit Display Users:
    Unfortunatly, the color-reduction leaved some Icons in a way I
    didn't like (Modified clearness a bit), so I decided to make a 2nd
    Version availiable. This one uses all original colors with no
    colormap-reduction. Have a look at Package 2 -> 3dpixmaps !
  - Note: Using the 100 Colors reduced Icons speeds up X-Starting
    considerably. 

So Enjoy the Icons, and if someone wants some own integrated, send me
a mail ;)

as usual, you can get a copy on:

ftp://pc50.zrz.tu-berlin.de/pub/3dpixmaps/3d_pixmaps_1.0.tar.gz

This file is quite bigger than previous releases (around 1.14
Megs). It has both, 100Colors and plain packages in it.

If you like it, send me a little mail, and if enough people like it,
I'll post it somwhere to sunsite :) but I'll first have to make an
lsm_Entry for it ;)

cu
-- 
*************************************************
*	It s not a trick :-) !! It s Linux   	*
*	      Smurphy, Email under: 		*
*	 [email-masked]		*
*	  [email-masked]		*
*         [email-masked]           *
*************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 10:05:41 GMT

> From: Joerg Mertin <[email-masked]>
> 
Could you separate out the two packages. We only have 1-bit and 8-bit
displays on our site, and when I tried to get 3d_pixmaps.0.1 your server
was so slow I gave up waiting. I dread to think how long 1.1M would take
to download!

Thanks

-- 
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer <[email-masked]>
Primagraphics Limited, Graphics Court, Melbourn Science Park,
Melbourn, Royston, Herts SG8 6EJ, England. Tel. +44 1763 262041
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].