Subject: FVWM: Moving windows using pager

From: [email-masked] (Laurent Duperval)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 11:49:07 -0500

Hi,

I used to work with olvwm but have decided to change for
performance/memory  issues.  One of the neat things I could do with
olvwm was to move windows from on section to the "pager" (in
fvwm-linguo) to another by selecting that window in the pager and moving
it elsewhere.  Is there something similar in fvwm?  If so, how does it
work?  So far, the only way I've been able to do so is by making the
window sticky, then moving to where I want it to appear and unstick it.
I find it somewhat cumbersome.  Of course, I could be patient and open
windows only where I want them to appear in the pager...

Thank you for any/all answers.

-- 
Laurent Duperval, Systems Analyst       Grafnetix Systems Inc.
Tel: (514) 861-3389                     777, de la Commune Ouest
Fax: (514) 866-6206                     Suite 101, Montreal, Qc
[email-masked]                   Canada, H3C 1Y1
URL: http://www.grafnetix.COM  
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Bret A. Schuhmacher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:47:53 -36000

> it elsewhere.  Is there something similar in fvwm?  If so, how does it

I can do this by using mouse button 2 in the pager to drag the window to 
its new location.  I didn't set up this behavior, so I have to assume the 
stock system.fvwmrc set this up.

Regards,

Bret
______________________________________________________________________________
Bret A. Schuhmacher                              Email: [email-masked]
Technical Director, WebNet Technologies          WWW:   http://www.wn.com
Voice/Fax: (214) 821-0848                        Pager: (214) 816-0283
______________________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Ding)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 11:00:46 PST

>>>>> [email-masked] (Laurent Duperval) writes:

> One of the neat things I could do with olvwm was to move windows from on
> section to the "pager" (in fvwm-linguo) to another by selecting that
> window in the pager and moving it elsewhere.  Is there something similar
> in fvwm?

>From the FvwmPager man page:

     Dragging mouse button 2 on a miniature view of a window will
     cause  that  window  to  be  move  to the location where you
     release the mouse button, but your viewport will not change.
     If  you drag the window out of the pager and onto your desk-
     top, a full size image of the window will appear for you  to
     place.  There  is no way to pick up a full size image of the
     window and move it into the pager, however. Since some  mice
     do not have button 2, I have made provisions to drag windows
     in the pager by using pressing modifier-1 (usually Alt)  and
     dragging with button 3.

Hope this helps,
Eric
--
1601 Technology Drive                         [email-masked]
San Jose, CA 95110-1397                   <><         PHONE: (408) 437-5068
http://web.mit.edu/ericding/www/home.html               FAX: (408) 437-5246
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].